This is a spooky, atmospheric, shootan masterpiece

This is a spooky, atmospheric, shootan masterpiece.

Why don't people like it again?

Attached: fb1a527bf84329358b1732e0432e189a047117f2.jpg (616x353, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UYTomYMAzYE
youtube.com/watch?v=elvfcWhiTb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

one of these threads again huh

good game but bad doom game
also the flashlight mechanic is dumb

Shit hipster half life wannabe with garbage gunplay, scare jumps and soul less aesthetics. Get taste.

because its not a doom game and is far too slow, ugly (it aged like shit), and pretends to be a survival horror game that forces (yes FORCES) you to listen to cringey dialogue so you can get a stupid access code to open a stupid box just to get a little bit of ammo (which is scarce in a fucking doom game) to fire your impotent weapons that sound like paintball guns at polygon demons that have some of the worst ragdoll effects I've ever seen.
then you take out your shitty flashlight that barely even works and put away your gun because flashlights don't exist on guns in the future apparently and wander around this supppperrr spooookky space station o wow so scary let me get my facecam and pretend to be o so scared for the zoomies on youtube.

seethe, cope, dilate AND have sex, you fucking shill.

Attached: Brainlet_f3217f_6615771.png (1200x1335, 269K)

cringe

OP's image is too dark on my screen, can anyone tell me what it's supposed to be?

It doesn't commit to it's ideas.

I'd totally be down for a game where even small groups of enemies can be incredibly dangerous, but Doom 3 ain't it.

shit taste

>scare jumps
>soul less

>it's not le doom
if it rehashed the "le move fast in 3D shooter" mold it still wouldn't be a doom game, it would be quake clone. No point in trying to remake something that is essentially perfect and impossible to replicate in high quality 3D graphics.
It's a cool atmospheric shooter, not a horror game.

Doom 64 is a much better spooky doom game

Good game that could have been a lot better and much spookier.

because it's nothing like the original Doom games

then again neither was Doom (2016) but normies love that shit so I have no idea

It has about 60% too much "enemy hides out in broom cupboard until your back is turned to fuck you over" nonsense. I mean aside from that bullshit it's a fantastic game.

Why was it ported to the Switch when it runs in the single digits?

People say it isn't a doom game, but it really is, the problem is it's relatively slow-paced and honestly pretty easy. You start drowning in ammunition and armor/health pretty quickly after the first few encounters as long as you're exploratory, so it becomes way too easy instead of sticking to its attempt to change the franchise formula by making it survival horror. It completely stops being scary after the first few hours. Great game but wasted potential. It's basically the same game as Quake IV but with uglier guns.
Nudoom isn't scary at all but it doesn't have any pretenses to what it is either.

Yes, I agree with that one. So many "teehee fake wall" traps become predictable to the point you expect every wall to open at some point. Overall I think the game wins out as great despite such a wierd choice.
>lying on the internet

>entire game is an ugly metal corridor
>every enemy looks the same
>no map
>guns sound weak and shitty
>getting hit makes your camera spaz out

Do you want me to stream the game right now? I gladly will. It runs like shit.

It's okay DF shows you're wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=UYTomYMAzYE

Ok come back to this thread in a few minutes i'll stream it for you

user I told you I don't need to.

No let him. I want to see you getting blown the fuck out by the stream (or him I don't care who).

>jump scare bad!

Attached: 1535520706721.jpg (378x378, 28K)

>wow so scary let me get my facecam and pretend to be o so scared for the zoomies on youtube.
Did you actually just use this as an argument for a game that came out before youtube even existed?

doom platforming is great

Attached: game1.jpg (1959x1489, 459K)

>soul less aesthetics
Only thing you're wrong about.

>Doom 3
>scary

I'm a gigantic pussy coward faggot and Doom 3 did nothing to me.

Attached: groudon.png (812x500, 23K)

>lying on the internet

Suck my dick faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=elvfcWhiTb8

timestamp the moment the framerate hits single digits

ahahaha
Nice work fren )b

Every weapon sucks, the player is the only thing with hit flinch and 90% of the enemies emerge out of scare closets.

>porting the BFG edition
They should have just ported the original Doom 3 from source code and then maybe tinkered with the lighting to make it a little more nuanced and give it depth.

normies love 2016 cause it plays just like every other normie shooter.

Anyone who thinks that Doom 1 isn't a normie shooter is a fucking moron. That shit was installed on more devices than Windows at one point.

Fuck shotgunners in this game. Your shotgun has so much fucking spread but these fuckers can land accurate shots across the room. When the game becomes more demon focused it can be fun, but the possessed fucking suck.

It was at the time, but it isn't anymore.

the worst thing is that the player flinches when they get hit but the hitscan enemies don't. They can just keep shooting and the player's crosshair keeps jumping all around because of the flinching. Chaingunners are quite literally impossible to engage on equal terms once they begin firing because they'll just piss a continous stream of shit that makes it nearly impossible for you to shoot back and when you do hit them back nothing happens to their aim. They've been programmed to apply damage to the direction of the player. They don't need to position a crosshair on a target.

video games werent something normies did when doom was released.

Something that was once normie shit will never not be that. If you take anything else in popular culture, like being a fan of Rolling Stones or McGyver, you can't just declare yourself special and part of an exclusive group of rare tastes because something that used to be mega popular is no longer front and center in the zeitgeist. Reverse hipsterism isn't a thing.

What obscure games do you like, user?

wheres the video game part.