The town made him stupid

The town made him stupid

Attached: [Generic_Fantasy_Title].jpg (900x900, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0lhy9QnBHmo
youtube.com/watch?v=hWimIgDfvW8
youtube.com/channel/UCohXIVAEUwW8Q98EQ9sWApQ/about
youtube.com/watch?v=HJqZJaaP358
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Funni

I do not like Joseph Anderson because he is black

why is the dragon angry?

Because he thought he was a Wizard Dragon, but it turned out it was a Wizard and him, the Dragon.

that must have hurt

What town? I've been out on the loop on Joe "Subjectivity is Implied" Anderson for awhile.

based
joseph is an incredibly dense dork in over his head with his video game "essays" and deserves to be made fun of at every opportunity
the sh2 stream is fucking fraud gold

youtube.com/watch?v=0lhy9QnBHmo

Yea Forums can seethe all it likes, but Joseph will remain forever based because of these streams

youtube.com/watch?v=hWimIgDfvW8

>incredibly forced Danganronpa reference #784

Attached: hurts just a little bit.jpg (314x518, 14K)

How is it forced?

Xenoblade 2 being shit doesn't make Joseph Anderson good

Im so happy they stopped spamming this faggot everywhere.

He's one of the only popular video game youtubers that outed it for the garbage it is.

is silent hill 2 really that good though

Just off the top of my head, in his Fallout 76 glitch video, he mentions for no reason that he made his keypad combination 11037. He also refers to a robot as Himiko because it's wearing a generic wizard hat.

Dunkey did it too.
Thing is that most popular video game Youtubers didn't even play it at all. Of course they couldn't shit on it then.

Um uh um, I-I-I'm... I'm 30 seconds into explaining what I don't like about it, an an ahanuhhh... okay, les' luug les' luug ahdadah James f-fir fir a s-solid example. There was for a long time there, James... was not sure if Mary was acshully dead when he's the one that killed her.

The reason why I don't like it that no one acts like a person is that because they don't act like people there thih-nothing makes sense n' there can be no stakes and there can be no chain of events that acshully matters outside of, "Oh, that's cool." Hhhh... Because the way that they talk to each other an' the way that James goes thrur it, it seems like it's building to some surdof myst'ry and there's some sword of, "Okay, well, what's going on here?" Y'know, whatdehyih... and it's just like, "Oh, well, he just forgot about something." Orrr, "He doesn't really, he, he deh-he's not remembering well because the town is making him stupid."

Attached: 1515001234485.jpg (500x536, 24K)

why is he acting like all the intentional comic relief was somehow put there 100% seriously without a hint of self-awareness

The stream made him stupid.

wow great he played the 100 hour long jrpg most of these video game critic dorks skip
he really exposed this game that literally everyone with half a brain knows is terrible
you know he wont touch any of the other xeno games because he will get called the FUCK out

The sturreing made him stupid.

>his discord turned on him and his server was shutdown

First Mandalore, and now Hamsterson, who's next?

Attached: 1539098863545.jpg (200x200, 15K)

God the description for that book is so cringe

i know that Mandalore is practically dying irl and is finishing his latest video instead of just getting some medical attention and chilling for a bit but did something else happen or is that what you're referring to?

he should write for Kotaku

what happened to mandalore?

wait really? what happened with his discord? was it because of the silent hill thing?

Hey guys we have a general about virtual e-celebs over at
Come and say hi we and our janny absolutely adore stale shitposting and memes!

no

>gaming youtubers

Attached: 08d.png (482x450, 186K)

Why would anybody turn on Mandalore?

His discord server shut down like 2 months ago

Bit of mod drama, people that joined for his Youtube videos didn't like the people that joined for the Twitch streams, bit of mod drama, and the fact that Joe had a third child and couldn't really take the time to manage the server.

That game is such over the top, intentional anime trash that anyone can make fun of it. That's kind of the point.

based

Attached: 15505856515957.jpg (973x1200, 246K)

I'm still mad, Wizard Dragon sounds like a great premise for a book.

nobody turned on Mandalore
he shut id down because it was getting too big and it became too time consuming to manage

>His discord server shut down like 2 months ago
i see. kinda sad but i don't even use discord for tiny yt community cubby-holes so i dont really see it as a big deal personally. just so long as the man doesnt fucking kill himself trying to get his videos out, im ok.

Attached: 1546675649462.jpg (680x1020, 136K)

Town made him stupid

Attached: 1563914601766.jpg (847x459, 74K)

>If sprinklers has to be shot at 10 o'clock at night we're turning the game off and we're not finishing it.
was he in the right?

Attached: hamsterson.jpg (2000x1964, 257K)

>Yea Forums is still seething with impotent rage over his perfectly valid criticisms of silent hill 2

Attached: 128481872121.jpg (2000x1917, 967K)

>dunkey
He's a comedian, not a critic

Oh, is that all.

The way the post I was responding to made it sound, Mandalore had some kinda issue with his fans or something.

>gameplay and story are in harmony with each other
They're both dogshit?

>ludonarrative
stopped reading there

>you have to be a professional soldier, bodybuilder and have a black belt in karate to swing a pipe or shoot a gun
I know it's bait but holy shit

Why does he approach every game with the mentality that he needs to either make fun of it or degrade it? At least that's the impression I get from his streams

That wasn't one of the criteria.

you're late, but I appreciate it all the same

>that image
none of that is even his opinion. its far too descriptive and actually MORE annoying and stupid than andersons shitty tangents. besides the video of his "criticisms" of sh2 were already posted here and anyone that watches it will know hes wrong. "the town is making him stupid" is the best thing he had to offer, and even that is fucking incorrect. nice try.

it's what his audience expects from him i guess

I know this image is old, shitty bait, but
>Character is coping with murdering his wife.
>Spirals towards suicide as he beats up women and stabs manifestations of repentance.
It's not subtle.

>Yea Forums already has nostalgia for Cataclysm

Enough with the Deathwing threads

Attached: frustrated-man-using-computer.jpg (350x432, 35K)

Why would anybody take a comedians opinion on a game seriously?

He has a high opinion of himself.

>perfectly vaild criticism
>video ends with him not realizing how long Mary has been dead for

Attached: 65914788_228668848098992_8153469617264656384_n.jpg (500x330, 30K)

i mean thats probably just what stream monsters like. i obviously refuse to watch him stream but ive watched other people do it and its all the same money-chasing tactics and whatnot with donation reads and exaggerated/absurd bullshit being spouted even when the game is relatively tame. you really cant blame him for trying to get those delicious twitch bucks at the VERY LEAST id say, and i fucking hate the guy.

Because Yea Forums eats that shit up.

>hamsterman gets close to Mandalore
>dies
Heh.

based

>It's not subtle.
Sure, but it's also not interesting.

"You fight monsters" as a way to represent your inner demons is both unimaginative and also ludonarratively dissonant, since fighting monsters has nothing to do with dealing with guilt and personal responsibility, not even on an abstract level. You fight monsters in EVERY video game.

SH2 is just a bad game. It lacks Resident Evil's tension of managing limited resources while backtracking frequently, or any sort of engaging gameplay loop.

Wha are arcade-style bullet sponge bosses even doing in a psychological drama about an ordinary man coming to terms with his grief and guilt? Were the developers so lazy they couldn't think of any thematically appropriate obstacles for the protagonist to overcome?

Then there are the hours of cutscenes that undermine the atmosphere. You will never be surprised or caught offguard by anything, because as soon as something scary threatens to happen, the game takes control away from you and plays a lengthy cutscene that showcases the scary thing from every possible angle. This destroys any tension, immersion, as well as any sense of horror, since the character is safe from harm during the cutscenes.

The game is also guilty of the same thing as The Sixth Sense: a plot twist that makes no sense, because it relies on the main character being oblivious to things he should know. The plot twist in The Sixth Sense makes no sense because Bruce Willis' character should be aware of his ghost status everytime he enters a locked door by phasing through it or does something else ghostly. The movie contrivedly always avoids showing instances like these to fool the audience, but that doesn't explain why the main character is also shocked by the plot twist. Ditto for Silent Hill 2's James Sunderland. Yes, he's repressing painful memories, but he shouldn't behave like he has amnesia just to facilitate a plot twist.

And the dialogue and voice acting are utterly atrocious.

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

His critique boiled down to "I didn't understand the symbolism and even then symbolism doesn't make a game good".
He's right that it doesn't automatically make a game better just by virtue of existing but he fails to take into account that Silent Hill 2 was one of the first games to do symbolism and subtext well, showing the effort behind the game and the skill of the creators.
Maybe it was a little too deep for him, seeing as how he couldn't understand it.

>ludonarratively dissonant
>the dialogue and voice acting are utterly atrocious
I'm gonna be honest, you should kill yourself.

you mean future projared hbomber?
yeah I'd rather not have him take Mandy down with him when he eventually gets "canceled"

>Silent Hill 2 was one of the first games to do symbolism and subtext well, showing the effort behind the game and the skill of the creators.

>"Oh, look, the monsters are sexy nurses and they represent James' sexual urges, you see".

This is kinder-garten levels of symbolism.

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

A lot of people took it seriously. He didn't like it and showcased why in a "comedic" manner.

I'm surprised you spent that much time writing that much bullshit. I know somebody else is gonna bite, but why would I waste my time arguing with you about something you don't even believe yourself?

A lot of the games he has streamed deserve it

>Has a third kid born a week ago

Jesus Christ how is able to pump out kids so fast?

And that's still better than 4/5ths of novels, movies and video games. The bar is low. A simple, competent, well told horror story about guilt and grief is a shining beacon in a sea of trash.

Attached: hurr.jpg (349x642, 29K)

I'm exaggerating a bit but Silent Hill 2 unironically moved games forward (or sideways) and made some people realize its potential as an art form.
Not a lot of games tried to into art before its release. Now basically all indie games do it, whether you like it or not.

This is why comedy "reviewers" are fucking retarded.
He literally said in a post later that nothing he says should be taken seriously, he's always only joking.
But only if people criticise what he says, otherwise alwways listen to him!

He and yahtzee are the definition of flipflopping when called out for their shit.
Everytime somebody shows they lied, their fans will just screech about it bneing comedy.

>This is kinder-garten levels of symbolism.
You can't name five other pieces of media that do symbolism better.

tldr

You forgot to mention one of his mods was an actual communist who banned people for petty reasons to a point where the detractors had to form their own discord just to get away from him. Basically if you said anything offensive to trannies you would get banned.

It's a painting

No? It's a pie.

Attached: m.jpg (900x900, 64K)

BASED

Do not put based Mandalore on the same sentence as that pretentious hack, please.

Why are you even arguing with hamstefags?
They just parrot the same shit and try to pull everything down to the most simple comment they can make, completely failing to see nuance, execution and the myriad of other factors that attribute to successful implementation.

All they do is just say
>its xyz so its bad!

Attached: 1564009792502.jpg (670x610, 67K)

He also deletes comments with actual criticism in them or reduces their points to strawmen.

Dude is somehow a comedy reviewer but gets extremely asshurt when anyone puts him to the test.

>If you make your critiques of someone work 8 hours worth of dissecting every single frame and taking every argument out of context and while excessively revelling in your own strawmen and they have no patience to sit through your autism you win

Based

Ohhh, now I get it. So all JPRGs are intentional shit? That explains everything!

>what happened with his discord?
The first thing is that Joseph was too busy running an actual family and securing a future for the white race than to deal with running a massive Discord server.

The second thing is that the appointed admins of the Discord server used the opportunity to cull the population and start a new server where they could, or in the words of the admin, "use their power as dictator to ban the 80% they didn't like" on the grounds that they only tolerated them because they were outcasts themselves even if they hated them, but didn't want to excommunicate them out of fear of looking the same as the ones doing the outcasting originally (pic related).

This may sound ridiculous, but it should be noted that the videogames channel in the Joseph Anderson Discord was a flaming trashheap most mods couldn't be bothered to moderate because of the shit going on there every hour or so. It's like Yea Forums's place in Yea Forums, nobody else liked it, and right before the server died they tried to reform the channel where rules would be more strictly enforced.

On the flipside one of the admins also appointed their girlfriend into a special role, so just like all those WoW guild stories the set-up is ripe for drama.

Attached: file.png (671x502, 307K)

>He also deletes comments with actual criticism

Not true at all. Youtube comment system is fucked as it is.
I agree with the rest but you have to just accept that Dunkey should be someone you take seriously when it comes to genres he dislikes. He is fine with reviewing things out of comfort zone but don't treat said review as the holy grail of truth.

Attached: 1558877752253.jpg (912x821, 381K)

>Dude is somehow a comedy reviewer but gets extremely asshurt when anyone puts him to the test.
I get the feeling that's all comedy reviewers.
Best part is he made an entire video about it, and then just ignored any criticism of his.

But his fanboys defend him endlessly.

>dissect every single frame
>out of context
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Like it or not shit like that is 95% of symbolism. Symbolism has a reputation for being complex but it’s usually incredibly simple. I.e. blue means sad, night means mystery, stars mean divine

It was a battle of the gollygushers. Like watching two verbose retards slapfighting to see who can bore the other into conceding.

Matthewmatosis is the only videogame reviewer worth attention.

Because he would pause the video. Spend 30 mins talking about it then unpause the video and the reviewer would clarify said point immediately thus making it pointless to even talk about in the first place.

>megamicrovideos 2 is coming next
It's gonna be great.

Attached: Matthewmatosis.jpg (512x512, 24K)

sup hbomberguy

He has too much jap bias

>You can't name five other pieces of media that do symbolism better.
The Last Express, Animal Farm, Anachronox, Deus Ex, Lord of Light.

It's not exactly hard.

Attached: 13761383012.jpg (540x540, 26K)

cope

Aren't you too busy spending 6 hours responding to someone's 10 minute video about plotholes with your 2 furries friends Mauler?

>Deus Ex
My god... the symbolism! It's so deep!

Attached: Deus-Ex-large-1450.jpg (700x525, 51K)

Yeah, but that's not the point. My point was that he was another big gaming personality that shat on the game.
But otherwise, you're right.

You can't dissect every frame while at the same time taking their arguments out of context.

Who says you have to do both at the same time?

game is good
>Disprove
game is good because A
>Disprove
and what i mean is A
>Disprove
Whaaaa stop countering my points

>472397985
>Every JRPG is Xenoblade 2
Don't even deserve the (xxx).

what the fuck

You’re the same retard from the dragon age who thinks pathfinder kingmaker is a great wrpg. What the fuck is wrong with you.

I genuinely do not understand what you're getting at.
If you dissect EVERY frame of a critique the arguments will always be in context if it's then presented chronologically.
You can't "dissect" every frame of a critique in the places in which there are no arguments being made, because there will be nothing there.

>I genuinely do not understand
Clearly, you imbecile, thanks for admitting defeat.
>what you're getting at.
What I'm GETTING AT is how context is ignored when you isolate every individual part instead of looking at an argument as a whole.
>If you dissect EVERY frame of a critique the arguments will always be in context
There are plenty of ways to do that, you small minded imbecile. Reordering, ignoring subsequent clarification, harping on syntax and incidental nitpicks instead of the thrust of the argument, must I go on?
>if it's then presented chronologically.
Oh my, then I guess you CAN take it out of context!
>You can't "dissect" every frame of a critique
Want to bet?
>in the places in which there are no arguments being made
BACKPEDALING YET AGAIN! And who is to say what is and isn't argument?
>because there will be nothing there.
I think you'll see that there's plenty of idiocy in your statements even when you try to lessen the blow by saying they're merely vapid. I've demonstrated as much just now.

^ That's what user means.

I agree that the game isn't as enjoyable as RE from a moment to moment basis, but I think it makes up for it in other areas. Most notably emotion, tone and genuine horror. Where as RE has tension and the occasional scare, SH really gets under your skin and makes you feel legitimately uncomfortable a lot of the time.
Also I'd argue that James fighting monsters that represent parts of his past is thematically appropriate, but I also think the final boss is kind of goofy. There shouldn't have been any more encounters after the final Pyramid Head fight.

>If you dissect EVERY frame of a critique the arguments will always be in context if it's then presented chronologically.
uh...are you by any chance the type to yell/shout over a person in an argument before they even finish their sentence, by any chance?

Attached: 1546522999708.jpg (560x560, 301K)

It's not the game's fault you refuse to analyze it past surface level concepts

Never forget

Attached: 1536967117573.jpg (604x416, 99K)

**nothing that makes him look bad if taken seriously should be takes seriously

figures only a poltard would be stupid enough to shill for this hamster. Get some brain cells, moran.

you know this is fucked but every time i saw this image i thought the guy he was whacking was some generic wojak and that made me ???
now i realize im retarded and thats clearly kratos

I want to _be_ that fox

I dont care for this guy.
THe only thing I remember is how he used to get butthurt at people calling him out in the youtube sections of his videos and would reply endlessly as if he was on Yea Forums.
Darkest Dungeon comes to mind, where a guy said "thats actually not true" and he started a whole "I did the best possible thing you could do in that situation and still came up short so tell me what I should've done instead huh HUH!" thing over and over again

Hi. I'm Joseph Anderson and although I've written 100 books I'm completely oblivious to the less than subtle symbolism in the Angela boss fight.
>Reads his books
>They're all the most basic, flat, non-tales with boring prose

A lot of his actual points were pretty weak.

Exactly.
Fucking cowardly in my opinion.

You understand that the safety of a thin vineer of "comedic irony" underlying everything a person says is literally the only reason this entire board works, right?
If people who like pretending to be retarded and falseflagging opinions that they only hold on to for as long as they don't catch any flak stopped coming here, there would barely be enough traffic to sustain a "discussion".

What a sorry state for the internet hate machine.

back to redd*t, sweetie.

based and old paperpilled

Based seething cringe, my dude, zoomie boomer 13% le doomer snoy soi boi have sex and dilate granny tranny but only 40%

Sure, if he stops sucking that Miyazaki and Kamiya cock.

>matt points out the forced slide shit
>hamsterson did not in his 3h long "critique"

Shitposters like to shitpost, what's your point?

lol cope

>You understand that the safety of a thin vineer of "comedic irony" underlying everything a person says is literally the only reason this entire board works, right?
No, that is actually the cancer that is killing this board.
If you killed every single on of those posts, maybe Yea Forums wouldn't be complete shit.
The "best" possible outcome for your point is

Yikes is that what he really looks like? I took him for a much more handsome man based on his voice.

And is that literally what he said verbatim? I don’t watch streams cause I’m not gay, but he sounds like he’s 1 second from having a stroke.

>I took him for a much more handsome man based on his voice.
Really? I thought he was a chink. His voice is gross.

Kamiya is one thing, but he has long since stopped sucking Miyazaki's cock. He was lukewarm on DaS3 and Sekiro and has implied that he'll skip Elden Ring.

Kamiya's one of the best directors in gaming so I don't really blame him

>ruins every game with shitty implemented QTE and Space Harrier segments
Nah

When he reviews a great game he critiques the bad parts about it and explains why he loves it and when he plays a bad game he does the opposite in both regards. He mostly plays good games, so that answers your question.

He has said this before.

Attached: 1551443476588.jpg (2584x3384, 1.07M)

SOUL vs SOULLESS

Reads like somebody trying to hit the word limit on a school essay.

>The virgin dragon needs to ask multiple rethorical questions and dance around his point like a faggot
>the chad potatoe can make the same point better in a single sentence
How will hamstersonfags ever recover?

Well, Hamsterson is a book writer, he need to pad shit out.

>he unironically listens to Hamsterman

Attached: incelchan.jpg (1200x1200, 110K)

This picture is very strange to me since, in my experience, MM is way better about going into the specifics of how mechanics work (or don't) than Joe is. Joe will touch on mechanics but usually focus more on plot or plot/game integration.

>ruins every game with shitty implemented QTE and Space Harrier segments
Only Bayonetta does this and even then QTE's are more justifiable in an action game where your reflexes are being tested already

Rambling is not a good thing

The point is that Joseph's videos are overly bloated

pitch to me why i should watch ecelebs

Joseph Anderson isn't an e-celeb. He's shit, but not an e-celeb.

Hamsterson and his fans are strict believers in longer videos = smarter, which is why he does that.

I bet the real reason is when somebody call out their shit, they just spend time rambling how long their video is, and it's impossible to refute such a long video in a few sentences.
Basically they claim you have to waste 3+ hours on a video of theirs before you can tell them they are retarded.

It's the long form reviewers version of the comedy critics "It's just a joke!"

First DMC also had Space Harrier sequence.

Watch Ross Scott

>he listed all those moons so obviously anything he says about the game is gospel

Oh, they are, I'm just so used to that format of comparison being "thoughtful ponderance verses quick and lazy lmao" that I knee-jerked to assuming it was putting down Matt and putting up Joe.

Oh yeah, for 30 seconds. Damn, really put a damper on the game...

Ampharos

Attached: IMG_1854.png (270x301, 101K)

Maybe that was the original intent but it's not how I read it

Exactly, and suddenly his fans aren't happy by you showing some of his points are shit.
Suddenly they demand a 15 minute breakdown of every single one to be as "valid" as his.

>Can't walk in a circle
>Ragequits when playing Danganronpa because he was too much of a brainlet
>Plays Persona 5 and compares the demon negotiation to Undertale
>Does a self-imposed challenge run for his first playthrough of Odyssey
>Doesn't know how to walk in a circle properly
>Looks like a gopher

Attached: 1555729947237.jpg (640x480, 60K)

based

Especially since Hamsterson describes it like the world's biggest fag.

>Now my dear viewer, if you're experienced with action games [...], let me ask you.
Who talks like that in an essay?

>Plays Persona 5 and compares the demon negotiation to Undertale
please tell me he was just trolling his audience

When it comes to gaming essayists, i like Whitelight, Tehsnakerer, Accursed Farms, Gvmers, Raycevick and Noah Gervais for more narrative focus. Favourite reviewers are Gaming Pastime, Colourshed, Mandalore, Grimbeard and ACG. For the fun and memes Nakey Jakey and Sseth is all you need.

How it feels posting the same pic and replying to your own quote the same sentence every time? I can assure you, it isn't "based".

based

Attached: 1548932711916.png (867x125, 6K)

>actually having this image saved on your hard drive
the absolute madman

>gaming essayist

Attached: 4789080_200x130.gif (735x920, 169K)

imagine being this much of a brainlet that you actually follow this many people to think for you

He said and I quote: "Yeah, this is totally Undertale".

I can also edit on Paint too, user.

Attached: you.png (1667x758, 57K)

How the fuck does anyone take this guy's opinions seriously? What are his fans like?

Dont really know a better term
Not think for me, i just enjoy watching people elucidate on topics that i enjoy, often times games i already like and have played. They often provide insight into development or technical details i was unaware of and occasionally to inform myself before making a purchase.

In general: Because long videos make them feel smart
On Yea Forums: because he shat on Mario Odyssey

That's why everybody defending him here will eventually fall back to that video.

John and him are friends

While Anderson doesn't necessarily deserve my sympathies, I can at least understand things like his moon autism. The internet is fickle when it comes to bolstering statements with examples and putting time into verifying things. It shares a common link with the old problem if "How can you judge a game to be bad so quickly" vs. "If you didn't like it why did you play so much of it." If you're too brief, you're accused of being too broad and ignoring various finer details, but if you go into every possible thing, you're a pedantic autist with too much time on your hands. Plus we're on the Internet talking about video games, which means most critiques come with the unspoken caveat that you need to provide your credentials, otherwise you people going "The game's not bad, you're a bad player," and so on. Which isn't necessarily an unfair expectation, but I'm not surprised it drives people to overcompensate.

For better or worse, Joe's chosen the path of being "Thorough," which means he often over explains things, which I imagine in his mind is the lesser of two evils. He's said before he makes it a mission to 100% complete every game he reviews, which IIRC also includes beating it on the hardest difficulty, but if he didn't you'd have people invalidating his comments for that reason...but of course, by going overboard, he just invites being written off for caring too much.
>There are a lot of filler moons in Odyssey
>Lolno there aren't just do the good moons then
>There aren't enough good moons to do only the good moons and get to the end even if you somehow knew which moons were good in advance
>Yes there are dude you just didn't find all the good ones
>Okay here's two hours of footage proving that I did and a numerical break down of every moon in the game
>WOW why do you care so much get a life
Not defending Joe, just trying to explain his approach as I understand it.

Attached: 1564526894203.jpg (561x728, 76K)

Why wouldn't you just click the You checkbox?

Nobody's saying they don't understand his criticism, bud.

what?

Proud of you, paranoidbro.

>Me, an intellectual

>why i should watch ecelebs

Whitelight > Mister Caption(only second cause he's dead) > Tehsnakerer > Shammy(MIA) > Joseph Anderson

Attached: 1563803517097.jpg (311x379, 19K)

>Okay here's two hours of footage proving that I did and a numerical break down of every moon in the game
The problem is this doesn't actually prove anything.
He still edited and shows them in the worst way possible, a list is not an argument.

>you are more than capable of defeating and killing any enemy in your path
Did whoever make this even play SH2?

Attached: pyramid.png (543x772, 345K)

>criticism is extensive therefore
somehow invalid
Seethe

what is he then if not an eceleb?

If you're going to make such grand proclamations about something and don't want any pushback, you need to defend them with more than just "i didn't like it".

Sorry, but Mister Caption knew shit about games outside of Fallout. He proved this with his Baldur's Gate and Nier videos, where he makes basic mistakes about the story of both games.

>Does a self-imposed challenge run for his first playthrough of Odyssey
>ruin the game for playing it wrong
>do a second playthrough by playing it "right" but now there is no sense of novelty
>it's no masterpiece
How can someone be this dense? I had fun watching his video but as an essay, It's falls flat just because he fuck it up his experience on purpose and blamed the game for it.

Attached: 1561561584185.jpg (499x562, 35K)

shit like that user said...

2 iq post. You probably like ds2

See

damn that's deep

I'm not talking about that specific bit of criticism as contentious, I'm using it to talk about his production philosophy of going overboard with bloated commentary.

A lot of my post might apply to MauLer as well, who's even longer-winded (though I'd argue MauLer has more of substance to say than Joe on average).
It isn't, I'm just trying to pick apart the line of thinking that would make a list like that a "Reasonable" inclusion to someone like Joe making a video.
I agree completely, we're just discussing taking that idea to an extreme.

Also, this is his channel.

youtube.com/channel/UCohXIVAEUwW8Q98EQ9sWApQ/about

>Shammy
>WAHHHHHH FUCK THE PLAYERS FOR KILLING MY WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE GAME WAAAH

Dead Space 2 is great though.

Nothing he says justifies the prolixity

>mfw in the new Discord too

It's a little SJW-ish and full of furries, but its alright if you ignore those parts of the server. Also the girlfriend doesn't even really post much and is pretty much harmless, if the new server were to fall, it would be for other reasons.

Attached: 1561067835009.png (370x320, 18K)

Did Gigantic murder your family or something?

Mandalore guy is the only youtuber I watch and he's the only one reviewing weird russian games. I hope he doesn't die now

yeah i loved his fallout videos but i heard his nier video was really really flawed and inaccurate. it was probably a shit review but i wish he didnt just outright nuke himself because of it. everyone has a dud or two.

Nah, I just think that the furry is a retard blaming a failure of mismanagement of a game to players.

He's got kinda of a Vegeta thing going on with his hair.

I'm not trying to justify Joe, I'm trying to speculate his thought process. Understanding why someone makes a mistake is a good first step to correcting that mistake yourself.

Who is the equivalent of video game critic/essayist of RLM?

Attached: b27.png (1280x720, 819K)

I like how people here call literally every single other website, forum or discord "SJW" without realizing they're spending all their time in a right wing hugbox.

>wtf bros, I said nigger and people didn't laugh at how witty I was? actually they seemed kind of annoyed? the whole place was full of SJWs man!

hbomb

wow I bet you thought every Nazi was a German too, grow up.

I don't understand.
What's wrong with this picture?

I would also like to know what is the video game equivalent of these talentless hacks

Mandalore, hands down.
pic related

Attached: (you).png (1280x2159, 3.06M)

You jest good user but this thread and the shitpost graphics illustrate that a lot of people don't even understand that much.

>James imagines an impossibly strong rapist to menace himself and even the other monsters
>"What do these monsters have to do with guilt????"

youre just fucking with me at this point right?...

You forgot Hbomber, his slavemaster MauLer and literally who Chris Davis

More like if RLM was only Jack.

pre-rec was a thing

What's some essential JA cringe kino to lose myself in? Feeling down lately and want some unfiltered autism to peak my spirits up.

Attached: 1560186633963.jpg (500x647, 43K)

>Tehsnakerer that low
He's amazing fuck you

that doesnt answer shit. provide reasons why i should watch this person instead of just telling me to

This. If I said nigger at the dinnertable at christmas I don't think anyone would like it but my family aren't "SJWs"
People who spend all their time here are convinced it's "centrist" so as soon as they leave this bubble they think everyone is insanely left wing.

>beardwizard
ftfy
Jack is great when he's drunk.

Attached: mareep.gif (363x290, 410K)

no

You weren't one of the 8 people that got banned from the start were you?

His cuphead video isn't cringe but sure is kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=HJqZJaaP358

whats your criteria for a youtube faggot not being an eceleb?

>The game is also guilty of the same thing as The Sixth Sense: a plot twist that makes no sense, because it relies on the main character being oblivious to things he should know. The plot twist in The Sixth Sense makes no sense because Bruce Willis' character should be aware of his ghost status everytime he enters a locked door by phasing through it or does something else ghostly. The movie contrivedly always avoids showing instances like these to fool the audience, but that doesn't explain why the main character is also shocked by the plot twist.

user, you're aware that you just let the entire internet know that you're too stupid to understand a concept as simple as "this character is in denial", right? And presented it as your magnum opus about how you're too smart to enjoy a popular twist.

>Yes, he's repressing painful memories, but he shouldn't behave like he has amnesia just to facilitate a plot twist.

"Yes, he's actively in denial, but he shouldn't act like he's in denial!"

Attached: 🤔.png (492x312, 377K)

Why Horror Games Don't Scare Me + Subjectivity is Implied

>his family gets uncomfortable when someone says nigger

Attached: conor laugh.jpg (564x476, 47K)

Nobody said anything about being able to say nigger though... you just brought it up out of nowhere and decided to get mad at some imaginary scenario you just cooked up in your head.

>Planescape Torment
>Gameplay

>there are no objective opinions
Also
>Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game, but never played the other ones :)

brb updating my journal

>tfw make a nigger joke and my mom laughts

Attached: 1563569491658.jpg (317x310, 31K)

To be a celeb, must be famous and known (bonus if has a fanbase).
JA is just known between his circlejerk and Yea Forums shitposting, now fuck off.

Not the guy you're responding to but, Ross makes very good and mildly comedic videos about obscure and often times abandoned/cursed ones, he carries zero political baggage he is just a lover and curator of games. He is also a very strong advocate against games as a service and has made a very in depth and informative video on the subject that any person that values video game conservation should watch. He is a good man and makes good videos

What is the Sonic Curry of videogames?

Attached: file.png (1120x652, 1.17M)

thank fucking christ, this is what i wanted. appreciated user ill check it out. i hate recommendations
>just becuz XD

Did you get lost on your way to Reddit or something?

I enjoy his rants even though I don't always agree with him, I'm honestly pretty hyped for his 6 hour long Witcher video

>in over his head with his video game "essays"

This! it requires a true intellectual to talk about video games on Youtube. Someone with less than 145 IQ could NEVER understand Morrowind or Silent Hill, they are such DEEP and ESOTERIC games.

The entire Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stream series. That shit is apex cringe.

>Falling asleep on a rainy night listening to Noah Gervais in the background
Noah is max comfy listening.

>I took him for a much more handsome man based on his voice.

Only ugly people bother with trying to improve their voice. You think David Beckham ever gave a fuck about getting voice lessons?

what is your threshold for “famous and known”? cause he has over 300k subscribers and is known enough to be discussed on Yea Forums so by your logic he is an eceleb. instead of telling me to fuck off maybe you should think before stringing a sentence together.

>mfw Chris Davis became a tranny

Attached: 1538231378735.jpg (406x362, 20K)

that video was kino of the finest quality

i know youre shitposting but just keep in mind that post was made out of disdain for both him and his format, which im aware a lot of other people utilize and that yes generally they are of the same quality and relevance in my eyes. i really could not care less about yours or any fellow anons beef with sh or es

lol cope

im trying to cope with your stupidity but im failing cause i keep responding

yes
hy joseph

Starting to livestream really does these yt celebs more harm then good.

While the formatting of this post is good and your point is valid in itself, Mauler doesn't do this. He's extremely fair to HBomber and takes his arguments in context while still addressing all of them. That's why it took 8 hours.

Attached: 1560794517971.jpg (500x403, 71K)

>nakey jakey
I liked him already but when he used a remix of Guts' theme from Berserk '97 in his latest song I had nothing but admiration for him.

at least im not a fan of some talking hamster

Define "gesamstkunstwerk".

Attached: unnamed.jpg (100x100, 3K)

Imagine shilling for this hamster faggot

it exposes their weakness for social interaction and organic conversation irl. its their most true selves in a sense.

>zoom zoom thinks sh2 came out yesterday

>gesamst
kek

i never once said i did, i just asked to be pitched on why i should watch these or other particular ecelebs then you sperged out on the usage of “eceleb” being incorrect by your standard.

Man i love Planescape but
>navigate environment that reflects his inner psyche
Is pure bullshit.

reading his latest update on patreon makes me really happy that i live in a country with good and free health-care

>good and free health-care
Unless you're having a specific issue, then good luck waiting months and months for an appointment to a specialist :)

Not that guy, he'll have to cover his own ass, but my understanding of "Celebrity" is someone well-known whose personal life attracts as much attention and discussion as their job/the content they create.

Joe is relatively well-known as far as youtube game critics are considered, and is open enough about his personal life while also interacting with his fans on a level that qualifies him as an eceleb. The Giant Bomb crew also qualify, as would someone like HBomber guy probably, or Spoony, Angry Joe. People whose lives attract our attention as well as their work, even if their work is the reason we care or notice.

Mr. Bitongue isn't an eceleb, but not because he's comparatively obscure, but because we don't know much about Mr. Bitongue the person.

Attached: 1560620087416.jpg (2152x3552, 1006K)

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. This is the tird in a series of fihve reviews that I'll be doing on the autistic YouTuber series. Please be aware that I'll be covering these channels in-depth and it's recommended you watch them before commenting yourself. Today, I'll be looking at Joseph Anderson. A man who has almost twice as many subs and views as I do and makes videos nearly tree times long as me. Yet also seems to say about only half as much as you would normally hear when you are listening to someone who knows what they're talking about.

Attached: 1465238891796.jpg (900x900, 32K)

> appears out of nowhere, forever changes the perception of Fallout 3 and New Vegas and completely directs the criticisms of the Mass Effect 3 ending and demolishes the indoctrination theory
> dissappears shortly after, never to return,.

thats a similar assumption ive been using the term under. but then would Bitongue be classed as just youtuber or something? all these labels for video uploaders make the whole thing hard to keep up with. the latest thing i keep hearing is “content creator”, is this the preferred label instead of youtuber?

now thats something id watch

Attached: 1562618588591.jpg (625x677, 44K)

>tree
Fucking on point

Attached: 1564537922536.png (622x768, 472K)

The distinction I think is just that he isn't an eceleb. If I made a thread about one of Bitongue's video's, we'd just be discussing the video. If I made a thread about the man himself...I wouldn't because there's not much to talk about.

By comparison, you make a video about Joe or one of his videos, either way it's quickly going to devolve into how he looks, discord drama, why does he go on for so long, THREE KIDS, etc. Or how it's possible to have a Giant Bomb thread go on for 300+ posts without anyone mentioning a video game.

>My youtuber who never makes videos any more is better than your youtuber who never makes videos any more

>videogames on Yea Forums
good one
but yeah, fair assessment

is he a manlet too?

It's MrBtongue. Not Mr. Bitongue.

whatever

Sonic Boom

Is that the guy that couldn't walk in a shape remotely resembling a circle?

Wait what

Attached: 1557760669507.jpg (480x360, 7K)