New Cyberpunk 2077 screenshot

New Cyberpunk 2077 screenshot.

Attached: wire.jpg (3840x2160, 872K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DeO_vuhMM9o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I didn't realize this was a horror game.

Reminds me.

Attached: 1417201417559.jpg (840x702, 97K)

And the other recent screenshot but at better res.

Attached: bike.jpg (3840x2160, 502K)

A bit of Human Revolution vibe here. That's probably the first screenshot that I like.

too dark.
I hope most missions play during the day.

I didn't realize you were a pussy.

youtu.be/DeO_vuhMM9o
my first thought

DUDE

Shut the fuck up. Night time is best time.

I see Akira

I'm having witcher 3 flashbacks.
You know...
Where the screenshots were great and then the graphics were dulled down for current gen.
Yeah it's gonna be the same thing, CONSOLES ARE HOLDING GRAPHICS BACK SINCE 2000'S

It's a blatantly impractical glowy string thingy. Come on, I can't be the only one.

Yeah, that's one of the things I didn't like about that film.

mr x

fuuuuck i want to play it already
only 20 days to gamescom where CDP will show gameplay to us

Attached: 1560712377881.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>still won't show us downtown
mhm

A light saber fiber to behead people with? Nice.

Pretty cool of them to make a whole set of animations for one type of melee weapon.

this legit might actually be what it winds up being. Jonny Mnuemonic was pretty cyberpunk and Keaunu is in it so...

not at gamescom but at pax, gamescom is for journalists only too, pax is at 30th of august thats when gameplay will be public

wait when did they changed that
i remember them saying they will show gameplay on gamescom

>concrete, boxes and yellow
yes HR is so great

these shots are very washed out

Mods will fix it

nah they didnt change it, many people just confuse pax and gamescom cuz they are close to each other

ur mums washed out after the thrashing I gave her

>DUDE ATMOSPHERIC LMAO

Zoomers out

No, I meant dilapidated hovels cobbled together from cardboard, trash and shit, municipal or industrial electronics repurposed to provide at least some kind of lighting in that sad shithole. Things like that.
But you do you.

it's too dark.

Atmosphere/unique setting is the only thing this game has to offer

>bottles do not reflect in the water puddle
>generally low resolution textures, especially the asphalt
>no shadows cast from various objects, despite the lightbeam coming from the motorcycle

I mean, i get it, it's in alpha, beta or whatever you want to call it, but if they only release a couple of screenshots at a time, one would think they at least review them or something?

Attached: 1538100766522.jpg (578x575, 47K)

No, Witcher 3 was too early into the gen. But now they're going to be releasing this on PS5 and Scarlet as well, so no reason for downgrade.

I rather them show how ugly the game looks instead of bullshotting us then downgrading the game into oblivion like they did with Witcher 3

Attached: 1564404337738.jpg (1212x1404, 668K)

if it wasnt for the giant yellow circles I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between the two pics, thanks

Game is (supposedly) coming next march so it should be out of alpha by now but i think they will delay it since by the time a game is this close to release you'd be already able to play some demo at an even but as of right now they don't let anyone play it and only show off the demo, same is already confirmed for gamescom next month which is a huge red flag

Probably because you're a blind peasant. Even on stream I noticed the putrid Chromatic Aberration and the texture popups.

Attached: 1564453868659.jpg (1920x1080, 569K)

It is also for Xbox. You can't have everything if your console is overclocked toaster.

holy shit graphicfags are pathetic
now stlefags i can respect

Yeah. But it was cool in Johnny Mnemonic and Cyberpunk is all about style over function.

i couldn't give a shit about muh graphix, but it's really fucking jarring. They could just not put bottles there at all and the atmosphere would still be the same. But now it looks like the damn thing is floating in the air.

>i need a stealthy weapon
>make it bright red
>oh, and glow

>Probably because you're a blind peasant. Even on stream I noticed the putrid Chromatic Aberration and the texture popups.
god you're a retard, im telling you that the differences are clear, your giant autism circles are annoying.

do you know what detail density is
its what makes scenes like this work - you could just make of those squares on the left one big square but it fucks up the scene
shapes are more important than your silly graphics

Attached: VANE.png (1920x800, 2.03M)

It looks like a 2014 game and it affects the atmosphere and immersion which are the key components for an RPG. I wouldn't mind the graphical shortcomings if the aesthetics were more stylized. The way it is now is distractingly ugly.

Here's hoping they release an Enhanced Edition like TW2 when the next-gen arrives.

Attached: 1564143377804.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

i doubt cdpr would ship a game without options to minimize blurriness like motion blur and chromatic abberation

Attached: Untitled.png (1844x1038, 3.8M)

Based

>open world rpg-lite
>unique

in a Cyberpunk setting

>Attacking people with neon now
Finally a real cyberpunk experience

Generic sci fi with a slight political bent, next.

>a whole set of animations
How many animations do you see? Because i only see swing left and swing right. It looks shit.

i don't see how your argument makes any connection to mine. Explain further.
I specifically said that my gripe is with those two bottles in the puddle. It serves no purpose in the grand scheme of things, but in contrast it sticks out like a sore thumb because of the lack of proper reflections.

reflections are probably inaccurate, i just wanted to showcase that a good artistic choice could've saved this screenshot

Attached: asdasd.jpg (1920x3240, 2.29M)

That isn't a Cyberpunk screen... I don't see any independent woman or a tranny there.

Well they also had to make un/holstering and idle animations. Makes me optimistic about the possibility of various different types of weapons. Since we only saw boring shotguns/pistols/rifles so far.

Did you just assume that hulking xir's gender?

This, how am I expected to believe this is a dystopia otherwise?

How is this movie, any good

no

>it looks like a 1999 game
>it looks like a 1800 game
holy
fuck
sure thing bruh

>it affects the atmosphere and immersion which are the key components for an RPG.
Good graphics aren't essential to atmosphere and immersion. Pathologic 2 doesn't look particularly good graphics wise but is one of the most atmospheric and immersive games I've played.

Attached: 20190730013019_1.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

I'm inclined to agree.
In general the shot looks off. It has that off putting "fake realism" look. Here's an experiment, move back a couple of feet and look at the monitor, then look up close. It looks really good at a distance, but like "plastic AAA" up close.

I genuinely feel that AAA PS3 games collectively looked less bizarre and uncanny. But that's how it looks in my eyes. It's like any scene of this game is dream like, in the sense that something is off, but you can't tell in specific. In short, I think if you want to brute force photorealism, raytracing makes a lot of sense.

Also not a fan of the style of this game. Comes across as "cinema cyberpunk", but doesn't have much past that. Honestly System Shock 1 is more out there in design.

Yeah because maybe that hulk is mentally ill, but I don't see neon rainbow colors or skimpy suits showing liberte.

It's cyberpunk classic

Where are the Elden Ring screenshots?

system shock was low-poly and had low-rez textures so its style was close to unreadable
stop making up new phrases like ""fake realism"" it looks realistic enough with some sifi mixed in and thats that
what did you vermin expect from a screenshot, you wanted each one of them to be a goddamed painting or representative of the player perespective , maybe all of those at once ?
this thread is like some bizarro world of unrealistic expectations and nostalgia baiting

Attached: 1554931203625.jpg (563x421, 31K)

Depends on what you're looking for. It has some interesting ideas. Nothing revolutionary or unheard of before that, but still.

>so its style was close to unreadable
No. It was low res, and low poly, but it has a style identifiable enough the remake is basically bringing that in HD, and people are giving them praise for it after they tried chasing the "realistic and functional" route. Really don't agree that it was unreadable. You can't for a straight face say that the new System Shock Remake *isn't* going for the SS1 look in it's most modern development.
>stop making up new phrases like ""fake realism"" it looks realistic enough with some sifi mixed in and thats that
To me it's a distinct look, and I don't have a word for it. I coined it as PBR-stank. So I'll stick with that. I'll explain quickly. In rasterization your best bet for photorealism is a lighting model called PBR. If values are properly set up and there's a style on top of it it can look pretty darn good. The problem is that in AAA development that tries to maximise efficiency you see a lot of materials that look alien and plastic-y. It creates this distinct off putting look if not pulled off well. So it is "fake realism" because to me it looks distinctly fake and uncanny. It's weird.

>what did you vermin expect from a screenshot, you wanted each one of them to be a goddamed painting or representative of the player perespective , maybe all of those at once ? this thread is like some bizarro world of unrealistic expectations and nostalgia baiting
Ah yes, we've gone adhominem, and pulled out the nostalgia word because I brought up my specific reasoning. Every time I criticism a modern game, it's always "nostalgia".

Look, you have your hate boner for the look of old games, I have mine for newer games and their look. But don't say stupid crap like "SS1 was unreadable and that was its style". Pic related. Just because it was low res doesn't mean that was its defining style.

Not even close.

Read
>I wouldn't mind the graphical shortcomings if the aesthetics were more stylized. The way it is now is distractingly ugly.

Ah, my bad.

forgot pic related

Attached: ss1r.jpg (700x438, 58K)

dude the remake (last time i saw it) just turned 2d walls to 3d objects and added neon lights to everything - i watched gameplay where a guy literally got turned around in a corridor because of this
oh and people were laughing at we wuz shodan face
in 2077 some peoples faces look "plasticky" because thats what they are made of
i cant respond properly without you showing me an example
also please explain to me how preferring system shocks supposed style is not nostalgia because i just dont getit
you talk about photorealism as if you wanted 2077 to be as such and then you bring up something like this to compare it with holy fuck

Attached: weak artstyle.jpg (1295x650, 106K)

looks exactly like i remember
like a goddamned joke

im this user

>It's a blatantly impractical glowy string thingy.
>Wtf is this thing etc etc
Microfilament garrote, it's from the source material and pretty true to the appearance depending on the upgrades you get for it.
It might also be a AR assist to highlight the wire for you in case you lose it, to be honest.

>dude the remake (last time i saw it)
They changed it up a bunch. Since their move to UE4 they wanted to go the boring cinematic "functional" route. But now they went back to the look of their first demo of the "make it look like the first one and evoke the same feeling".
>oh and people were laughing at we wuz shodan face
That's System Shock 3. A different game.
>in 2077 some peoples faces look "plasticky" because thats what they are made of
I know, but that's not what I'm getting at. There's something about the lighting model that for a lack of better word triggers me. In my eyes the materials used in every AAA game (which happen to be the same materials) usually look really off in practice.
>also please explain to me how preferring system shocks supposed style is not nostalgia because i just dont getit
Just because it's old doesn't mean it's nostalgia. I beat SS1 like 2 years ago. The general style is more out there than 99% of "futuristic" games out there. I see style past the low res is my point. To be honest, these days nostalgia is a buzz word that no longer means much. I like the style of SS1 and it's old. Not much I can say past that. There's also the chance that you just don't like it though, and that's fine.
>you talk about photorealism as if you wanted 2077 to be as such and then you bring up something like this to compare it with holy fuck
Because photorealism itself isn't beautiful. At best a tech demo. So I'm criticizing the materials, *and* the art style. So in my eyes it's a double whammy.

you want the game to be more realistic but also have more style, the game already has style and is already plenty realistic
just like i dont like the style of SS1-2 you might not like 2077s take but dont dismiss it as a lack of thought put into it
you still havent shown me examples besides
and if this is your idea of a good style then im sorry to say that you have shit taste my man

>just like i dont like the style of SS1-2 you might not like 2077s take but dont dismiss it as a lack of thought put into it
I've said this. I don't like Cyberpunk 2077's art style. Doesn't mesh well with me. Which is why it was a one sentence foot not in my original point. Not worth discussion since it's literally just taste. You disagree, it's fine, that's where that discussion ends. Which is why I'm not pressing it, unless you want to know why I think it looks cool. But I don't think you care too much about that discussion in specific, so it's not worth the time, in my opinion.

I'm complaining about Cyberpunk's look in terms of just how the materials come across to me as uncanny. It's like it's close to photorealism, but not close enough. To me it's the uncanny valley and I genuinely feel that photoreal attempts on the PS3 looked less bizarre. That's also grounded in opinion, but that's a specific topic about materials that I already brought up. Raytracing or a more consistent look could make that a non issue. But the scene does not look consistent, and in my opinion consistency matters much more than realism in terms of evoking a feeling.
>and if this is your idea of a good style then im sorry to say that you have shit taste my man
I think it looks sick as hell. I guess we just don't agree, and that's fine. If you want to get into a discussion about what I like about that art style, that's something else entirely that can take a while.

your complaint gets increasingly minute, your praise for SS1 increasiny vague
kinda looks like moving the goalpost desu
still no examples after how many posts ?

but hey, you can start by explaining why you like SS1/remake ill stick around
i would like to know

If you didn't see it when you were 12 you missed it

Kill yourself sunniger.

Attached: 1555603567140.jpg (745x459, 38K)

they should have wait and release this on next gen consoles, feels fucking bad owing rtx 2080ti and all games are still made with 8 years old hardware in mind

>kinda looks like moving the goalpost desu
I never did. Everything I said lines up with my original post. So that basically means you don't pay attention or are baiting. And further emphasizes this is a waste.

>still no examples after how many posts ?
Arguments over taste are worthless. And I gave an example. What needed to be said was said.

>i would like to know
Discussion that can take hours. That will end in the same conclusion.

it's coming out for toaster consoles like PS4 and Xbox

>he never did show the uncanny effects
>argument ended with agreeing to disagree
>listing what i like about SS1s art would take too long

looks like im the one who got baited after all

Attached: 1555174203109.jpg (500x657, 94K)

>he never did show the uncanny effects
I did. Well the user I was replying to in my first post did. And I said what could be done to fix it. So you don't pay attention.
>argument ended with agreeing to disagree
Not inherently wrong.
>listing what i like about SS1s art would take too long
Not inherently wrong, and I did do a very brief description of why I do like its look.

So it seems that you don't pay attention and act smug about it.

sure

BASED

Unironically agree

STANDING HERE

This is what happens to every multi-plat when there is a pc port. Just look at any console exclusive, hell, even console only mutli plat look amazing (RDR2)
No pc port = no downgraded, outdated graphics, but we learnt that from Witcher 3

Attached: ps4 standard.webm (954x536, 2.95M)

Yeah you dumb nigger, I'm sure it'll look just ike that on release, it's just the pc holding back consoles.