So did Playstation One owners just not play the most groundbreaking game ever released?

So did Playstation One owners just not play the most groundbreaking game ever released?

Attached: Super Mario 64.jpg (225x225, 16K)

I had both :)

Attached: 1564375347564.jpg (940x1674, 385K)

>BING BING WAAAHOOOOO
>groundbreaking

Nintendo makes games for children, and they do this far more efficiently than any other video game publisher. These games warp vulnerable children's minds, stunting their mental growth and taking advantage of their youthful predisposition to colourful characters. They become obsessed, and they then unhealthily begin to define themselves by their interest in their nintendo games and their nintendo machine. They become platform warriors. This process forms an indelible brand burning in the back of their brain, and it becomes more corporeal with every new Nintendo game they buy, satiating the craving of their childhood interests and damning them all the more for it. This has occurred with every Nintendo console, but most apparent in modern society (the one we live in) today, is the fallout from the release of the N64. You have countless gross examples of manchild abominations lurking the internet, drawing the eyes of those with morbid interests, particularly in the despondent cases like Chris Chan. One example are speedrunners of Mario 64; autistic, loud, odoriferous, and prone to highly insular habits. Banjo Kazooie is another. One needs only have observed Yea Forums for a prolonged period of time to have noticed that the Banjo fanbase is one of the most obnoxious in gaming. The concepts of "betrayal", and "relevance" are to them so important, for a mascot that is ultimately equivalent to a children's cereal cover duo, is so core to their very souls that they must preach far and wide the tale of their newfound inclusion in a baby's first fighting game.

Okay but how does this explain people like ZhugeEX and the Playstation bias on Yea Forums and ResetERA?

I came here to write this, word for word

imagine only owning one console during that time lol. just lol.

I remember seeing this on display in the mall. They had a test station setup and it was always busy. One day I finally got to play the game and it was simply amazing. I have never felt the same awe until I had my first child.

holy fucking based

Metal Gear Solid 1 was far more groundbreaking.

So did N64 owners just play the one bing bing wahoo game and one Zelda game and nothing else?

Attached: 1564564545667.png (1200x900, 822K)

MGS still plays like an MSX game.

But Chris Chan had a Genesis?

The fact that Spyro basically invented draw-distance is incredibly underrated.

So glad Mario 64 was my first major game. What a gem, what an amazing experience

Crash Bandicoot was fucking great, and while I didn't play SM64 until way later, the PS1 got Spyro which iterated on Mario 64 and was superior in many ways.
I really feel bad for those who only had a Saturn though. NiGHTS is a phenomenal game but its no substitute for a proper, console-defining 3D platformer.

>odoriferous

Attached: uhh.png (640x850, 580K)

I was an idort back then

Spyro is like Mario 64 but with worse levels and controls because the protagonist is on four legs. If you want a real competitor to SM64 on the PSX look at Ape Escape, now that's more fun than either in my opinion.
You mean LOD rendering? Mario 64 had that.

Attached: Mario 64 lod.jpg (375x245, 28K)

Same

>So did 20th century kids just not drive the most groundbreaking vehicle ever created?

Attached: 1564564910978.png (700x400, 449K)

Nearly everything, including the world itself, was LOD in Spyro, which let the devs get away with an impressive amount of detail for its large environments. Consoles of the era would shit themselves if they tried loading an entire Spyro level in full-detail, and it led to future games adopting this idea for stuff like open-worlds.

God I would love to have a turn of the century runabout. Something that could I claim was faster than even the liveliest of negros could not outrun.

Saying Spyro invented LOD is absolutely ridiculous. N64 has LOD built right into its hardware - it’s called mipmapping. And Mario 64 makes extensive use of it on almost every texture.