Crash vs Spyro

What's the final verdict?

For simplicity let's only compare the original trilogies but if you want to compare the remakes or other games I won't stop you.

Attached: crashvsspyro.jpg (800x438, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFgZ146WAow
youtube.com/watch?v=JCdXPNcvVJc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

Attached: 24.png (211x280, 107K)

for me, it's Crash

Attached: 1558920646884.jpg (250x250, 25K)

You like a challenging platformer that focuses on precision and tight controls?
Crash
You like a chill platformer that is atmospheric and focuses on exploration?
Spyro

Spyro had more interesting level design, but the enemies were kinda shitty. I believe Spyro 2 had some puzzles if I'm not mistaken which made it more than a collectathon, but Crash seemed like a better character, with a better cast of supporting characters. Sly Cooper eventually replaced Spyro for me when the PS2 came around. PS2 era Spyro wasn't good at all. At least Crash had Wrath of Cortex (a decent-ish game that reminded me of Warped), Crash Nitro Kart, and Twinsanity.

There's no reason to compare them, they're nothing alike aside from being on the PS1 and having animal mascots. Spyro is a free roam collectathon, Crash is basically a 3D version of Donkey Kong Country. That being said, I prefer Spyro. I like having the freedom to run around and do shit, fly through the air and swim underwater in the second and third games. Also I cannot stand 3D games with a very limited camera.

Spyro 1 is peak comfy
Spyro 2 is god fun same with crash 1 and 2.

Crash 3 and spyro 3 arent even the same games to me anymore since half the content is minigames and "challenges" at that point when all you really want is some good old classic action from the characters.
Not general bird or vehicle levels

>cool dragon
>literally some gay boring animal
Is this even a competition?

>You like a chill platformer that is atmospheric and focuses on exploration?
>Spyro
and this is also why 1>2>3

I thought Crash had 10 fingers

Attached: Crash-Team-Racing-UK_copy.jpg (1920x2349, 1.74M)

Personally I prefer Spyro, he has better levels and music. Crash has the better gameplay though.

Spyro

Not debating any of that. Personally, I agree. However, there are some more factors to note.
>Spyro 1
Most atmospheric of them all, with consistent world building and soundtrack overall. The hubworlds define the levels and ambience (peace keepers is a desert, so all levels are too), while the whole soundtrack is mix of rock and jazz.
>Spyro 2
Small improvements in controls, gameplay and graphics. Gameplay-wise the best out ofnthe three.
>Spyro 3
The most variety in the trilogy, with other playable characters.

Nah I don't care
I think this rivalry is much more interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=iFgZ146WAow
What do you think about this rape

Spyro > Crash
Spyro 2 < Crash 2
Spyro 3 = Crash 3

Peace keepers had an ice level.

The only good Spyro game is Skylanders

youtube.com/watch?v=JCdXPNcvVJc
and it had one of the best tracks of the entire game series. thank you stewart copeland

this

I can agree with this.

They all share the same motif and architecture, thats what I meant.
>Artisans
Grass fields and medieval architecture
>Peace Keepers
Harsh environment, such as deserts, caverns, canyons and one town on top of a cliff
>Magic Crafters
Mountain tops and ice,
>Beast Makers
Swamps and a dark, misty atmosphere
>Dream Weavers
Magical castles and levitating platforms/islands
>Gnasty's World
Industrial

Spyro 2 and 3 don't do that. 2 has parallel levels at best (Metropolis & Robotica Farms, Scorch & Shady Oasis, Colossus & Idol Springs)

crash for me im more into platformers than collectathons

Spyro 1, 2 and Crash 1, 2 are peak platformers. Spyro 3 and Crash 3 are filled with too many minigames and different characters for me to be on the same level though their standard levels are amazing (dino levels for example).

Attached: 160722_old_el_paso.jpg (625x338, 55K)

Crash games are funnier, Spyro games are prettier.

Banjo is better than both

>cool dragon
>le wacky animal mascot
Not even an argument

Crash > Spyro
Ratchet & Clank > Jak & Daxter
The answer is clear when you look at the overall games, Crash has more good games than Spyro and Ratchet & Clank had more good games than Jak & Daxter.

>le wacky animal mascot
Not an argument faggot.

>Not an argument
Not an argument

Reddit is this way >>>