Played and beat Silent hill 2, was gud

Played and beat Silent hill 2, was gud.
Then I play and beat silent hill 3 and realize its q sequel to the first game. Now I'm incredibly bummed out because I never played or beat the first game. Legit I'm super depressed right now because I feel I fucked my experience. I dont own a copy of silent hill and I wanted to play them on my ps2 and not emulate them

Attached: SilentHill3Boxart.png (767x1079, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There isn't really that much significant gameplay in Silent Hill other than figuring out the puzzles. If you think you aren't missing much by not playing them I'm sure there are Youtube videos without commentary on SH1 story-focused playthroughs.
And in my opinion emulation isn't a problem with these kind of games because a keyboard is better suited for tank controls anyway and you can get the visuals extremely close to what the game looks like on the PS1.

You can play PS1 games on PS2, you don't have to emulate. If I remember correctly, you only can't use component cable because you get no video output.

it's cool bro, just play #1 and you'll feel better because it's a fucking fantastic game. there's usually a mega posted with this image but i'm not the guy who hosts it.

Attached: 1486964788124.png (1300x4947, 2.03M)

>I dont own a copy of silent hill and I wanted to play them on my ps2 and not emulate them

just watch a playthrough on youtube. no one really likes actually playing games anyway.

I mainly feel I missed out on that "oh shit" moment where you realize the games connection to the 1st one. I'm just going to move onto "The Room" tommorow. Sorry I can't (you) you guys, I'm a mobile fag retard and it's not working right.
I just feel...bummed. Silent Hill 3s story would've been much more impactful had I actually beat the 1st game and knew its story. I feel like I skipped halfway through a book and finished it.

When I played Silent Hill 2 I quit halfway and went to read up on everything related to the town before even finishing the game.

Lower your expectations before starting SH4. It does a few things like no other game in the genre but the majority of shit in it sucks hard.

I played 3 > 2 1 in this order, still had a blast with all the games, just play it.

>Now I'm incredibly bummed out because I never played or beat the first game
Just how big is the rock you live under?
We have been saying for DECADES now: play in the fucking release order, faggot.

>2016 guide
Jesus that is old!
Here, the very latest SH PC Guide + DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE install tutorial:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! It will not work.
Don't install under C:\Program Files\ ! This will cause issues.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate using ePSXe or PCSX-R.

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Never play below Normal difficulty! Especially in case of #2!
-Replaying them all is recommended; tons of replay value.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting, for better gamma & colors!
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors. Leg it, or sneak!
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help w/ stealth!

Attached: SH PC Guide 1st MAY 2019 v2,3.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

That's a faggy way to do it as well.

>skipping THE best and most essential game, and moving on the weakest one of the bunch instead
just why?

Just watch the first Silent Hill movie, OP, and you'll get all the info you need.

Kill yourself.
Legit go commit a suicide.
Burn your house.

>I'm a mobile fag retard and it's not working right
Use Clover my man. Or The chan/Fortune/Channy if you're using iOS.

I've played Shattered Memories on my PSP back then. Should I play SH1 too if I want to play SH3?

Because I didnt want to spend 40$ on a copy of SH1 and my autism prevents me from emulating. I thought they were all self contained stories
I'm not joking here, I'm going to commit suicide via the "night night" method. I hate myself so much.

>Because I didnt want to spend 40$ on a copy of SH1 and my autism prevents me from emulating.
Why? You're not supporting the OG devs one bit by buying 2nd hand, not that any of TS would benefit from new purchases either any more.

Also, if you got PS3 / PSP, and still wanna throw Jewnami your Shekels, just buy SH1 from the PSN Store.

>I thought they were all self contained stories
A legit case of not lurking moar.
There's nothing filthier than SH2 secondaries.

i was just going to suggest this. its even better than playing the game.

The game cost 40 dollars on Ebay second hand. I don't give a shit about konami
But none of that matters now. I live in New Orleans, Louisiana. Tommorow morning I am walking into a barber shop and shooting myself in the head. My name is Brandon, look for me in the NOLA news. I'm dead serious. Screencap this.

End your pitiful existence, and never return.

>The game cost 40 dollars on Ebay second hand.
1) totally worth it
2) lurk moar. it can be found for way less if needed.
3) fucking emulate it already.

>he didnt read my post
I'm serious. My name is Brandon Alfred, I just turned 19 and am going to shoot myself in a public area. The news headline will read "day after birthday" probably

I thought me putting it in spoilers made it clear it was a joke, so I'm surprised. But to clear things up, OP, you're actually supposed to just watch the second movie. It clears everything up.