I miss them

I miss them

Attached: DA_AgniRudra.gif (600x600, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMhem6M5gWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

S I L E N C E

Attached: 1562812124349.jpg (625x468, 30K)

Fuck those blabbermouths, I miss Nevan.

>their most recent appearance was MvC:I
it still hurts. they should've been in DMC5, with someone else telling them to pipe down, maybe Nero or Nico when they met up with Dante briefly

I was too scrubby to use Nevan to it's full potential. Always went with Rebbelion/Cerberus combo.

Oh I'm pretty shit as well but I just loved the concept of Nevan too much to use anything other than Rebellion/Nevan combo. It was fun to just go ham while rocking out on the guitar that shoots lightning and bats.

I was honestly surprised when I saw King Cerberus for the first time. It thought it'd be either Nevan or Agni & Rudra making a return before a upgraded Cerberus. In fact, I expected an upgraded Alastor or Lucifer first.

the pets already served that comedic part

Literally this
>swordmaster
>Reverb Shock
>Feedback
>Mash it so it becomes Crazy Roll
>Turn around and then do Jam Session
SSS acquired

Attached: guitar hero.gif (293x199, 65K)

That weapon looks familiar. Material Blade from Tales of Symphonia?

When Vergil becomes playable, will his full moveset be entirely Yamato or will he get additional Devil Arms? I can imagine a gauntlet Urizen Devil Arm to replace Beowulf. Maybe he'd use V's cane somehow. Or he'd use Yamato & a Summoned Sword like his Force Edge moveset.

Attached: Urizen_2.jpg (1489x3239, 1.1M)

When?

Attached: Sparda_(Model)_DMC4SE.png (1270x2750, 2.44M)

Stunning Beowulf with Airplay/Combo III was one of the best things ever. It was like "Fuck you, brute, look at my style!"

Attached: Nevan.png (666x275, 289K)

>DMC5SE
>playable Vergil, Trish and Lady
>all DMC 3 and 4 weapons for Dante, reworked for DMC5
I would pay good money for this but it sounds like a lot of work

Attached: 1549556611056.jpg (540x414, 13K)

I expect Trish to have some of Dante's older weapons. She'd probably have Sparda but I remember she took Pandora in 4:SE. Pandora's 666 transformations are over 90% unseen. That alone has huge moveset potential. I'm unsure what new tools they can give Lady but maybe give her the same dual Kalita Anns?

It's Agni and Rudra from DMC3

they could very easily just give them Dante's old weapons and justify it by saying he just left them laying around so they just took them. if Pandora is treated like a style then that would open up countless possibilities, so that can work. and canonically, Dante now uses DSD so he can let Trish keep Sparda permanently. Lady can get all the remaining firearms from the series, which would be Spiral and Artemis i think, as well as expanding her melee moveset

Attached: LET'S ROCK.gif (420x168, 2.79M)

>Dante now uses DSD so he can let Trish keep Sparda permanently
How does he separate them?

DSD is made from Rebellion, not Sparda. or am i misremembering?

Attached: Untitled.png (993x540, 664K)

ah, well do some retcons, fuck it

Trish needs a sword and a kick weapon like she had in DMC4SE.
Oh guess what? No one is using Ifrit and Alastor.

This would be neat.

supposedly Dante sold all of the Devil Arms except old Cerberus which he broke fighting Balrog

Lorefag here.
More than selling, he usually pawns the Devil Arms off to Enzo who runs an antique/relic pawn shop kinda deal.
The last time we've seen or heard of Agni and Rudra, they were collecting dust in Enzo's shop because they're so annoying that no one will buy them. They literally beg Dante to use them again when a Devil Arm collecting Devil is attacking and Dante straight up ignores them to use Alastor instead.

Attached: 1549558095385.webm (640x360, 2.39M)

makes you wonder who the buyer is. Selling devil arms to your average humans seems like a bad idea.

extremely based lmao

They're cool but objectively speaking Cerberus is a much more unique weapon worthy of being brought back.

They made the right choice.

Nice, Agni and Rudra are fair game.

>because they're so annoying that no one will buy them

Attached: laughing_luke.jpg (843x612, 120K)

How did Dante accept Balrog's whole "IGNITE THE FLAMES... NOW" shtick?

NO
TALKING

Beowulf>Gilgamesh>Balrog>Ifrit
in terms of gameplay

>Beowulf
Based. I miss Hyperfist so much, bros.

But I think that's just me missing DMC3 crazy combos in general. Though I think no one except retards like me wants to have sore thumbs from mashing so Capcom doesn't that that back in.

In the prequel novel Dante triesdto get him to shut up but Balrog wouldn''t so Dante gives up trying and puts up with it because the weapon is cool anyway.

>Balrog
>shouts numbers to help with Dante's alzheimers and remind him how to count

>Agni and Rudra
>sub-40 IQ autists constantly bickering and asking what words mean

Attached: 1537083378289.jpg (2048x1152, 146K)

Huh, that actually makes a ton of sense.

So Ornstein and Smough were inspired by these guys, right?

>pawns them off
Hey now Enzo won those fair and square.

Attached: 6zae5ez5alc21.jpg (706x493, 105K)

You know what I want? Dante dual wielding Rebellion and Sparda

Shit tier meme weapon. DMC5 is the first game to have a meme weapon that's actually fun.

Completly agree, seeing that weird thing on Danta's back together with the mask always bothered me, I thought Dante was going to some weird moves that somehow revolves around headbutting or some spikes from his back, but nah, its just decoration, he should've kept Beowulf

I want a Nero bossfight

as long as they dont do it like the dante bossfight

That's just Kamiya's fanfiction.

> Agni and Rudra
> Unique moveset with fucking fire tornadoes
> Balrog
> shit that Dante already has 3 copies of
Dante is a hypocrite and a bully!

he uses rebellion to fuse with sparda

Balrog & Cavalier are the worst fucking weapons in DMC.

Agni and Rudra didn't even talk that much. I wanted Dante to let them talk, they could tell him about demons and the tower.

Fuck off, Agni.

Dante's Devil Arms in DMC5 were fucking excellent.

All 4 of them felt incredibly distinct and unique while not a single one was a shitty gimmick weapon like Lucifer. Firearms weren't quite as good with Dr. Faust being kind of shitty and Kalina Ann a bit too slow for my taste but E&I and Coyote-A were both excellent.

>Dante's Devil Arms in DMC5 were fucking excellent.
I don't get the sword master moves for the motorcycle. They seem to be the same attacks that you do with them just not separated. You either use the attack button to spin around with the two blades as a combo ender, or the style button to spin around on the cycle as a combo ender. It's the same thing feels like.

I will say though I am disappointed they didn't do more with the Sparda Sword. I get why because it is just to set up for DSD but I was hoping for it to be fleshed out. Transforming into a scythe and maybe a bit of Trish gameplay with being able to fight after you throw it.

Dante has a fucking Straight, he won that round unless Enzo has a flush or higher

SAY NOW

I miss Quicksilver.

Attached: quicksilver.gif (384x245, 1.89M)

Aside from the Swordmaster combos doing more damage, the Swordmaster moves are really good for set ups rather than dishing out damage. The Wheelie Jump is terrific for getting most anything into the air and Full Throttle can group enemies in a line together.

Ragtime

rag time is shit. because it's attached to the devil breakers which are fundamentally shit. I don't want to use an item to slow time once.
I want to use my devil trigger gauge. I can shut it off early or make go for longer.

yikes

>DMC5 SE
>Dante can equip Quicksilver and Doppelganger.
>It's a different gauge.
>Dante's complexity goes outside observable universe.
>It is still somehow balanced.

>The last time we've seen or heard of Agni and Rudra, they were collecting dust in Enzo's shop because they're so annoying that no one will buy them. They literally beg Dante to use them again when a Devil Arm collecting Devil is attacking and Dante straight up ignores them to use Alastor instead.

Attached: smile_6.png (2560x1440, 1.7M)

>Balrog & Cavalier are the worst fucking weapons in DMC.
This is the most wrong opinion I've ever read in a DMC thread by a fucking mile. They're easily the best Devil Arms in the series in terms of straight-up fun factor and variety.

I bet you think pic related isn't the most fun gun in the series too.

Attached: 1537975744800.gif (600x600, 57K)

There are other demon hunters in universe but like castlevania you'll almost never see them

I miss Gloria..

Attached: 1564558606449.jpg (764x1079, 204K)

How many bars can he possibly have?

*ahem*
TOP TIER:
Bayonetta
DMC3
NG2

HIGH TIER:
DMC5
DMC
NGB
MGR
Sekiro

MID TIER:
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
DMC4

Attached: long swordsman asshole.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

They're in a good hands now

Attached: images (4).jpg (507x605, 28K)

>no Automata

?

Top tier bimbo
God I want to ravage dmc 4 Trish/Gloria

Attached: gnirdrd.jpg (1179x561, 500K)

the cerberus in 5 was so goofy looking compared to 3. it looked like one of the god of war 3 cerberus dogs.

Based mommy

>Okay young lady, that would be 9.99 $

Attached: 54277559_1181009505411755_4707068433760962303_n.jpg (480x480, 25K)

Lady should get Pandora. That way you can give her a DT gauge.

Trish should get Alastor and Nightmare, plus the fists and gun moves she already had.

I wish DMC games had more weapons instead of just, like, 3-4 of them a game.

I just realised you don't need to be a demon to do a DT, since V could, so can Lady.

There's a few things I disagree with here but the main thing is that W101 shouldn't be on par with Bayo 2, which has legitimately fucked up mechanical balance. It's a good game but W101 is a fantastic game. DMC4 I can get putting there because they're similar in that they're sequels that took two steps forward and three steps back, although I'd rather replay DMC4SE than Bayo 2, and 4SE's extra characters are more unique and don't have the two most fun ones locked to Tag Climax aka Wasted Potential The Mode.

Haven't played it desu sempai.

Attached: 1560651799141.png (807x857, 754K)

>he gets to experience Nier Automata for the first time
It's not fair, bros

ASHES TO ASHES

>MGR and Sekiro in the same tier as DMC5 and NGB

Attached: 1482139635250.jpg (699x699, 29K)

I'm fine with 5's approach; there's 4 movesets, but there's a couple alternates available that you can put in the same loadout via Irregular Full Custom, and just about every weapon has its own mechanic (and that applies to guns too, given Faust & DKA). Cavaliere is unlike any other Devil Arm, Balrog's Ignition and stance changes give it more complexity than previous gauntlets, King Cerberus has many more options than the original that require you to multi-task and weave them into your offense because they don't necessarily flow into each other barring a few exceptions, DSD flips Dante's gameplay on its head practically between its revamped sword moveset (while Rebellion & Sparda still exist in the game) and Summoned Swords that change to suit styles.

Bayo 2 is the worst for me. DMC4 at least has Dante, but Bayo 2 is the epitome of lateral progression. They got so, SO much right with Bayonetta, and then Bayo 2 was less.
Maybe I was too kind with MGR, but Sekiro absolutely deserves its spot. No one'll be making a combo mad for it, but it's an action game that deserves to be played by action game fans.

Attached: 1564386757628.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Not him, but didn't like that the swords essentially had the same moveset with a different buff, its kinda weaksauce that the swords were the lamest weapons ingame.

>No God Hand
>Sekiro

I haven't played God Hand since my PS2 died.
>Discounting a great action game because it doesn't lend itself to spectacular combos

Attached: BUFFOONNERY.png (1230x763, 1.13M)

I just think Sekiro is waaaay too simplistic to be much fun past a playthrough or two. Even MGR for as simple as it is felt like it had way more depth to learn.

>DMC3 above 5 and 4

I want storyfags to die in a fire.

Attached: gay poster.jpg (552x557, 38K)

3 is still better than 4. 5 > 1 = 3 > 4, but they're all great games.

3 is objectively inferior to 4 in the part that matters with games. You know, the gameplay. Personally I think 3 has too many shit bosses but everyone always memes that credo is the only good boss in 4 so its not much use arguing.

3 has the Vergil fights so it's automatically better

I'm more of a "godIhateplayingasVfag" but maybe you're just a regular fag.

Attached: 1561673381993.png (239x235, 92K)

3 has better weapons and bosses

>bayonetta 1 way above bayonetta 2
I know bayonetta 2 wasn't as original and had a comparatively kinda meh final boss but the gameplay is so much more fun as it has all of bayonetta's content and more and has less fighting the same boss/enemies during the campaign

This is a DMC thread, gameplay doesn't matter only dmc3 is good

are 4fags going to be like this forever

Ah yes, the amazing bossfights, like Gigapede, Jester, Geryon, Chess and Leviathan

I liked Giga and Chess

Shhh you'll make them rage

At least it has more than one (1) good boss. I'd almost prefer 3's shit bosses to 4's boring bosses that slide or jump to one side of the arena, do a few big flailing attacks then jump to the other side while you whittle away on their bloated health pools.
I don't even hate 4 but it doesn't deserve the defense force it has.

Dante in 3 is superior than Dante in 4 in all ways but having access to his entire arsenal at once. Each style in 3 feels more significant because the game is designed to only have one at a time and thus they affect your playstyle more. Dark Slayer is cool but Quicksilver & Doppelganger are also pretty cool to have. 3Dante has the most unique weapon movesets of any game in the series, with his Rebellion/E&I/Shotgun being just as good if not better, and Beowulf having more unique and fun attacks than Gilgamesh (although Ifrit & Balrog are better than the both of them). Nevan & Artemis are also better complex setup weapons than Lucifer & Pandora, and A&R/Spiral bring up 3's stock even further. This is also before you get to how 3 Dante still has Crazy Combos, Wild Stomp, and Free Ride (I won't mention DTE because that's kind of poorly-implemented).

3SE Vergil is also more fun than 4SE Vergil due to not needing to play within what the Concentration Meter's parameters to get busted hitboxes while also needing to be in DT to have all of your Tricks available. PLUS Corrupt Vergil gets to be Nelo Angelo in DT, and Nelo is more fun than Vergil in general. 4SE has Nero/Trish/Lady, but Nero is much better in 5 and Lady is pretty simplistic so it's just Trish really.

I wasn't going to mention bosses but Geryon & Chessboard are fucking fine, what the fuck? I had a worse time with Beowulf than Geryon for fuck's sake and Beowulf is fine. Arkham is WAY worse than any of those.

Attached: 1544131924243.png (640x632, 568K)

Oh, and also Doppelganger.

I hate faggots saying beowulf > gilgamesh. Not even a 4fag, just charges make it straight up a more fun weapon.

nerfing a weapon so hard that you HAVE to charge it up for 5 minutes just to do damage isn't a good thing, all they needed to do was add the just charges like 4 Vergil has and it would have been a perfect fix but Gilgamesh feels weak as shit with a worse moveset than Beo

I'm not even a big Beowulf fan, but I like having the variety of things like Zodiac and the Real Impact Crazy Combo. Gilgamesh is fun because every gauntlet is fun, but Just Charges are the only thing it has.

I do think Gilgamesh looks a lot cooler than Beowulf though. I like the mechanical look to it and how 5 did a neat retcon to make Gilgamesh a type of underworld metal so that it basically was rather than being a regular Devil Arm.

>I liked Giga
How? Why?

He reminded of me Shadow of Collosus, plus as a kid, I thought I could cut him in two by doing damage quick enough, so I replayed his stage so I could kill him again.

Really? I thought it looked kinda nightmarish, myself. Their ribs were all exposed like it was starving to death and the lighting in the pit made it look pretty intimidating.

Go buy some ribs then you fat fuck

Just Just fucking give Trish Alastor.

Attached: 1537490924485.jpg (317x500, 92K)

I want to fuck Nevan

Just look at Enzo's face, if that isn't the shit eating grin of a man with a royal flush I don't know what it.

Yikes

3 is not better than 4. Especially since the majority of 3s bosses are fucking trashfires.

None of this is correct and reeks of nostalgiafaggotry, especially in regards to 3 Vergil being better than 4 Vergil. Vergil in 4 is way more complex with his deepend moveset and concentration gauge. Dante in 4 speaks for himself with style switching.

Gester and Chess were kino. The horse one is great. Rest are ok

I used Nevan for two things: combo starter with its dash knockup and crowd control with its aoe thing.

Nevan dash into A&R flurry was my standard combo

Dopplendargen was kino and important in the narrative.

You wanna fuck a guitar?

Trish would probably work best with Alastor anyways since they're both lightning demons and she can supercharge shit like Pandora so why not Alastor

yes
i fuck the music, i make it cum

It was literally a boss they added because they had finished the game already by that point, and wanted to throw in something extra.
So much for the narrative lmao.

If 3's bosses are fucking trashfires then 4's are the equivalent of several dumps in a nuclear flame

>reeks of nostalgiafaggotry
I'm actually a relative newfag that played my friend's copy of 4SE before properly playing 1&3. I greatly prefer Dante's options in 3 even if he doesn't get them all at once. I like 5 the most because he gets all of his shit at once AND all of it is good.

4s bosses were relatively forgettable if not designed around Nero's devil bringer. That Dante vs Agnus cutscene with sparda's suit in the opera house waa kino though to say the least.
Killing Credo was a mistake, he was a good rival character who didn't get to shine.

>I'm not the only one that realizes 4 was an improvement on 3's gameplay

where are you fags in the other dmc breads

Attached: happy day good time.png (321x281, 6K)

in 4 he had
>DT
>RG
>pandora
And then visual ques for thing like drive or charged shot

Do we know what happens to the dead in the DMC universe? Do their souls get sent to Hell, or are they just dead and that's it, Hell is nothing but demons?

It's not to say 4s was an improvement, but compared to 3 just didn't have much to offer.

>I'm not the only one that realizes 4 was an improvement on 3's gameplay

Since fucking when? 4's skill and gameplay ceiling is undeniably higher than 3's

At the very least in the lore souls of the wicked dwell in hell, there is an afterlife in DMC but has never really touched upon it since the narrative is focused on devil hunting. Likewise mundus is also referred to as Pluto from some text in DMC1 and his three eyes are a reference to Satan.

3 has several bosses that are bad but most of them are atleast Decent
>geryon
>doppleganger
>chess
>lady
>sludge arkham
these are bad
>nevan
>leviathan heart
>gigapede
>clown arkham
these are fine
>a&r
>cerberus
>v1
>beowulf
these are good
>v2
>v3
these are SSS tier

4 moved Dante ahead mechanically and introduced Nero, and then 4SE did a remix of 3SE Vergil, made a Trish moveset out of 2 Trish/Ifrit/Beowulf/Pandora, and came up with a brand new gameplay style for Lady. It also came up with a new Bloody Palace format and Legendary Dark Knight Mode.

My main problems with it are that I like Dante's arsenal a lot less than 1/3/5 Dante, I prefer Nelo Angelo DT to Concentration (I'm probably in the minority there), and 5 Nero feels way more "complete" than 4 Nero. 4SE Trish is still one of the most fun playstyles in the series, but that's my main reason to go back.

I dunno how anyone can not like concentration, it seems to be the perfect fit for vergil's "style"

>fair and square.
look at his legs

Attached: 1553917871865.jpg (901x792, 206K)

>a demon to do a DT
>since V could
>V
CHAMP....

Attached: 15-1552428959-687569264.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

>Geryon, Lady & Chess bad
I don't get it. Geryon is a good fight once you get to the Colosseum, Lady is a bit annoying at first since she runs away but once you get the rhythm of it it's unique and interesting since it's like a stealth boss but the boss is the one hiding, and Chess is just a really cool concept and fight that I've always liked.

Here's my list:
>Top Tier
Vergil 2
Vergil 3
>Very Good Tier
Cerberus
A&R
Vergil 1
Chessboard
>Good Tier
Beowulf
Nevan
Geryon
Lady
>Annoying Tier
Gigapede
Leviathan
Jester 1
>More Annoying but Optional Tier
Jester 2&3
>Shit Tier
Arkham

Attached: 1538866203999.png (355x354, 101K)

N O T A L K I N G

Attached: no talking.jpg (1304x926, 90K)

I can’t for the life of me figure out the proper way to use the Coyote in 5. It feels like it does less damage than its counterpart in 3.

where the fuck were Dante and the gang when this was going down?

Attached: smtnctrn.jpg (950x502, 161K)

Chasing a teenager through the Amala network

Backslide is great when you're surrounded and gives a lot of style, and if you practice you can learn to turn Dante around and use it mid-combo. Cut-In is also pretty good to build style and deal damage while dodging instead of just mashing Trickster. It's definitely the least-useful of the guns in 5 but given how powerful DKA is, how versatile Faust is, and how easy it is to use E&I in any given situation, that's not a surprise.

We'll never have a DMC1-tier Shotgun again, to be honest. At least it's better than DmC's Revenant, which had a pretty solid design but felt like a wet fart to fire.

Attached: 1552944158932.jpg (1440x1440, 224K)

The different colors of lightning contrasting and combining could be pretty cool to see.

Hell give her a DT that looks like DMC1's Alastor DT and say that she's using DT the way Dante used to in 1.

I kind of want to see Nero wield them. Imagine him dual wielding them in his normal arms while his spectral arms create copies so he's quad wielding them.

the chessboard is literal hell on DMD and it's mostly because of the camera, how the hell do people defend that shit

Good to see another Spiral man.

I want to see it return.

Give Trish Nightmare Beta and Gamma.
Have her dual wield them.
Since they cover her arms entirely have them double as a fist based weapon and give her moves inspired from V's Nightmare familiar.

>4SE Trish plus this
Fucking give it to me, holy shit.

Attached: 1512513327933.jpg (1143x675, 94K)

The idea of fighting a set of enemies that are all based on chess pieces is great, and I like how different each piece is and how they work together naturally. I won't say that you're wrong, but I think 3DMD being one of the weakest in terms of implementation is part of that.

>Dr. Faust being kind of broken
Fixed

Give it to me

Attached: 54321580_p3.png (800x1045, 685K)

>3SE Vergil is also more fun than 4SE Vergil due to not needing to play within what the Concentration Meter's parameters
4 Vergil is broken enough that you don't need to care for concentration besides judgement cut end.

If you want it, you'll have to take it.

But you already knew that.

Attached: 1561178176085.jpg (1104x1920, 577K)

>Jester, Geryon, Chess
The fucking chaos of the Chess board on higher difficulty is great once the pieces begin supporting each other's movements and attacks, and when you realize the pawns you let by are spawning in bigger threats and the Bishops healing you really feel the tension.

Learning how to trick and circle around Jester's balls while jump cancel slamming his dumb face in is great.

Taking that bitch Geryon for a ride or playing chicken with its teleport charges is also good stuff, it tests your attention and timing skills.

Only Gigapede, Leviathan and Arkham were complete trash. Doppelganger and Lady were annoying but otherwise easy to deal with when you figured out a counter to their running or behavior.

Attached: 1552014103669.jpg (1767x2500, 2.39M)

No Leviathan devil arm or devil arms of most dmc4 bosses.

Attached: Consider the OHOHOHO.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

I think it would be a fun exercise to come up with Devil Arms for the bosses that don't give one.
>Leviathan
Giant, pulsating club that is reminiscent of the Heart. Mostly a heavy weapon with some super armor on it, but in Swordmaster you can generate lesser demons that attack in set patterns (so you can plan combos around them) sort of like a Hell Greed.

>Berial
Balrog already exists.

>Bael
A baloon? A spikey mace?

>Echidna
A whip?

You have no idea what you're talking about.
DmC's Revenant has the advantage of a time bomb you can stick to enemies, walls and floor. There is an auto charge technique and you can hold 2 time bomb charges at once. It also grants magnetism and has the strongest knockback properties of anything in the series.

Attached: kat3.jpg (600x806, 219K)

>A baloon? A spikey mace?
Rusalkas. Get those women on those enemies.

>implying Berial wouldn't be a giant fire greatsword

VERGIL WHEN

Another sword? Haven't we had enough?

>blabbermouths
You know they don't actually speak in-game, right? It was one gag

>they don't actually speak in-game
Yes they do.

They do start roaring when you do that combo

>no Agni & Rudra brought up to 5 standards like Cerberus/King Cerberus

Attached: 1537428464411.jpg (599x462, 31K)

we haven't had any giant, heavy swords aside from that one in 2 but that one didn't even have a unique moveset, might be cool if it was done well

>Kyrie's nude model

Attached: Devil_May_Cry_3142_Graphic_Arts_-_page_127.jpg (2382x3482, 1.33M)

In 5 they would have three different stances, in which Dante wields Agni, Rudra, & both. Having both improves your DPS and the range of your projectile attacks (and give you access to things like Inferno), but having just one will either let you do a ton of air movement with wind or do a ton of ground AoE stuff that can't reach airborne enemies using fire that you pump into the ground.

>rehash more things instead of coming up with new stuff

Since Vergil already has some DmC Vergil moves I think they could probably get a lot of mileage out of DmC's light-heavy system if they want to keep him Yamato-only

King Cerberus is more of an original devil arm than a rehash on account of all the new moves including an original Swordmaster set-up, and the gauntlet weapon for 5 having two different movesets depending on mode. You act like that's actually a problem to drudge up old weapons when they'd have large swathes of their movesets scraped or pushed into their normal abilities and loads of new stuff + original Swordmaster movesets added

I'd love if they made Vergil Yamato only. You can easily transpose his older movesets onto just Yamato. Speaking of DmC if they give DMC5's Vergil Doppleganger, it better copy DmC's style rather than DMC3's doppleganger.

Honestly Cerberus was the right choice to bring back. Nevan is too gimmicky and A&R is too samey. Beowulf and Rebellion are already covered by other weapons.

Cerberus was in that sweet-spot of being different enough without being too out there, and it was simple enough that you could have all its moves as normals.

He was able to do some Force Edge and Beowulf-esque moves with Yamato in 4 & 5 anyway.

>I'd love if they made Vergil Yamato only.
I disagree unless you gave him something like breakers to keep things fresh.

>You can easily transpose his older movesets onto just Yamato.
Which movesets?

>Round Trip with a summoned sword
>Killer Bee without gauntlets/greaves
>use both the scabbard and sword to attack in a wide radius with the light moveset
>two-hand the sword for single-target with the heavy moveset
>neutral/normal moveset that doesn't lift shit out of the old Yamato moveset to pad out light and heavy like DmC did

Attached: 1554178726142.jpg (420x560, 25K)

>I disagree unless you gave him something like breakers to keep things fresh.
You can expand upon his Summoned Sword formations and incorporate Doppelganger as a mechanic. Plus he would have SDT as well.

There's only so many buttons and combinations on a controller. They'll need some way to expand his moveset while keeping it human-doable.

>eyes over his abs and a mouth just above his dick

of all the retardedly over-designed shit in Devil May Cry this is the peak of it all.

The Force Edge moveset can easily be copied to Yamato, using the sword + sheath or even just sword + summoned sword.
The Beowolf moveset can be switched to normal kick's / punches and Lunar Phase + Rising Sun can just be switched to spinning with Yamato.

I support Yamato only 'cause Vergil gives off a master of the sword vibe.

>The Force Edge moveset can easily be copied to Yamato, using the sword + sheath
With the number of draw-slash attacks, it'll be forced to be a summoned sword.

Balrog matches a lot of Urizen's demonic features, it was probably a model intended for Balrog that they recycled and Balrog was supposed to be another ruler of hell after Belial was killed in 4.

In my version, you keep Yamato and instead of weapon switch you have weapon-style switch. One weapon is standard Yamato, the other is Yamato + Sheath, the third is bare handed.

What about charge mechanics or others for Beowulf? He got them in 4SE.

At that point why not just make the movesets into separate weapons?

Itsuno likes his cool chunni shit

>Lunar Phase + Rising Sun can just be switched to spinning with Yamato.
Spinning into a ball would look unelegant and not like Vergil. Lunar phase gets a pass since it's kicks

I think that would look really cool. Using summoned swords like real swords would look sick.

>not giving vergil devil arms based on griffon, shadow and nightmare

Vergil's standard moveset is already Yamato with its sheath in an iaido style. His basic attack combos include wacking them with Yamato unsheathed before drawing it.

>Doppleganger
Using it like griffon or shadow?

ASHES TO ASHES

I want this and Urizen tentacles

Attached: 1544372594726.jpg (540x742, 103K)

I wanted it to come back so fucking badly. I'm sad that it didn't. I'm crossing my fingers for 5SE. Maybe Trish could have it.

Attached: Artemis.gif (600x600, 97K)

It could go either/or, stance system is because Vergil already has DmC callbacks in his moveset since 4SE and they doubled down on the callbacks with having Doppelganger in 5. Why not go whole-hog at that point.

They should come back as a Vergil weapon.

MOTHERFUCKER

Trish canonically had it with her when she went against Urizen. Now it's gone for good.

>"The Dark Knight Sparda split his power in three parts. One blade bore his own name; the second blade was named to embody retaliation; the final blade was named to embody a god of death."
If we put DSD & Yamato together, do we get papa Sparda?

so wouldn't it make sense to just incorporate Force Edge moves into that style as well.

I guess that could work. I prefer the movest to come from Vergil. In DmC you were actually controlling 2 Vergils at the same time. Which is the core idea of what Doppleganger is imo.

She's going to be playable in 5SE, right?

Attached: DMC2_-_Lucia_02.png (680x956, 274K)

Urizen made Lady into an Angelo with it because Trish was dumb enough to have it on her for the Urizen fight. It's ogre

No stupid

Wait, what?

Either way, I'm disappointed that they didn't give it to Dante or give us a new weapon like it. I feel like there's still loads of untapped potential there.

Honestly, I feel like the only things that justify DKA are Hysteric and the giant laser attack whose name I'm forgetting. Otherwise, the weapon's kinda boring.

You do have a point in that DmC DG actually made use of stances, since you could choose if the doppelganger had a specific stance or imitated Vergin. Though I'd rather give the doppelganger its own attack button like the summons instead of having it imitate you.

this sounds great user, and it made me think of nevan being split into three different instruments for stances too

God damn I hope so, Lady wasn't compelling enough and Trish needs some work to not just be Dante.

>DmC you were actually controlling 2 Vergils at the same time.
How does that work?

Fucking seriously?

My fucking man. Lady I really wanted to love, but while I did enjoy playing as her, she was too simple and needed something, like her bike and more melee moves to be really fun. I feel similarly about Trish. Fun and all but felt like I was just playing a gimped Dante. Her moveset after throwing Sparda was cool as fuck though. I wish they gave her actual traps.

>one more month and i can afford the new pc build
>this will be the first game i'll play
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
still somewhat sad that i missed the train when it first arrived tho

Attached: 1506795529286.png (287x421, 95K)

>Vergil actually tolerates them like he tolerated griffon

It'd be either redundant and separating moves that were once together into separate movesets, having to create more moves to compensate, and/or just the equivalent of having Dante have separate Ebony, Ivory and finally Ebony and Ivory firearms. It'd make more problems.

>Speaking of DmC if they give DMC5's Vergil Doppleganger, it better copy DmC's style rather than DMC3's doppleganger.
I still feel like Vergil having Doppleganger is out of character for him.

What does that mean about Gilgamesh?

Hope you enjoy it user, it was a hell of a ride The engine is fucking magic the same way DMC4's vanilla release was, it runs on stuff it really shouldn't run on with only minimal tweaking. If your specs are okay-ish and not total and complete potato you could probably run it right now

'grats

Attached: 1534464424860.jpg (4096x1688, 702K)

Did something similarly, user. I bought a new PS4 recently and finally got to play through it this month. Fucking worth it.

If Dante finds another lump of Gilgamesh metal or hustles Nico for some he can slap them on his body for gauntlets and greaves again

It worked like 3's DG, in that you used one input for both the character and the doppelganger, but the doppelganger teleported instead of keeping next to you. Up, left and right in the d-pad were used to have the doppelganger in human, angel and demon modes respectively, with double taps putting it into a neutral state which imitated all of Vergin's moves, and down was used to switch on/off a delay in its attacks.

He’s talking about Sparda, Rebellion, and Yamato.

I would nut so fucking hard at this.

It mentions in the boss files in the gallery or whatever that the big boss that shoots lasers and has Lady inside is actually the Artemis, Urizen turned it into its demon form or whatever but it needs a host to work since it’s just a weapon. It really does say this in the description, check it out.

And he's talking about merging the three of them since DSD is comprised of the first two

Don't worry guys, if they wanted to have Artemis they could just have Nico make a new one!

Attached: 1553662409839.jpg (1280x1707, 415K)

toaster tier, haven't bothered to upgrade since 2013
need a new controller and since xbox isn't a big thing in europe i got used to the ps ones.
is the ps4 one compatible with most pc games?

PS4 controller works fine with Steam, or with programs like InputMapper. Nice thing about modern consoles just being PCs is all their controllers connect to PCs fine.

>is the ps4 one compatible with most pc games?
yup i use it

>is the ps4 one compatible with most pc games?
You can use DS4 for the games that aren't, but DMC5 is compatible.

my heart can't take this motivation

Attached: 1508465295691.jpg (484x360, 69K)

I agree its OOC in the boss fights but using it to make combos is cool. I head-cannon that it is Vergil teleporting so fast as to be in 2 separate places at once.

Not so. Vergil could easily pull off all of Force Edge's movesets with Yamato + sheath. The sheath just takes Force Edge's place. A summoned sword would work even better. It wouldn't have an effect on Yamato's OG moveset either.

No, a transsexual cosplaying as her will.

Explain this to me DMCfriends

Attached: anime-pondering.jpg (584x329, 46K)

Is this the only character in the whole genre with throwing knives as a main gimmick?

Better yet, give her a proportional version of cavaliere Angelo’s sword with a similar moveset.

DMC3 DMD is concentrated bullshit. Scrubs don't consider it when judging DMC's quality.

>Trish's lighting is yellow
>Alastor's lightning is blue
>DT Trish with Alastor emits green lightning

Attached: 1562542769667.jpg (720x720, 92K)

>tfw bought a new pc just to play DMC5

Attached: 5792da43577ad090319ff09d1a68db86b68c59c3.png (640x488, 97K)

Unless you count summon swords, then yeah it's the only one.

Attached: 1534849943778.jpg (715x536, 30K)

Any anons keeping up with the updates?
>tfw

Attached: x7.jpg (1152x1604, 461K)

Alastor needs something to do since Viewtiful Joe 3 obviously isn't happening.

I only played DMC1 and 3SE, plus both Bayonetta games if that matters. How does 5 compare?

I don't count shurikens in NG or kunai in Onimusha so why would i count summon swords?

I see it as kind of Vergil being wrapped up in himself or being single-minded, like the only ally he'll accept is a reflection of himself

It would. There's many draw-slash attacks in his force edge moveset.

new chapter this friday

>throwing knives
>DMC2's dodges
>wallrunning
>an actual Devil Trigger
Honestly, there's enough there that you could make her work. Just make her Trickster: The Character except for dashes and other sorts of maneuvers instead of teleporting like Vergil. Also give her some unique stuff. Like maybe that rope pull that the Strider class has in DD.

That's not the point. His regular moveset alone has many that you've listed. You'd be splitting his Yamato moveset among two or more groups. Then either they'd just accept a smaller individual moveset or they'd have to add new moves to compensate for the split. A split between Yamato & Yamato with its sheath alone would be splitting his already existing Yamato moveset.

Its better

5 is an evolution of 4/4SE, it'll "feel" like a huge quality-of-life upgrade to 3SE and it starts you off with Nero to acclimate you.

It's easily the deepest action game to date.

I really feel like DMC5 is to 3 what 3 was to 1. Basically, an actual evolution in the series.

I see... And they're teasing more characters and weapons beyond the initial game, I presume?

Everyone is waiting for a Vergil expansion.

They've repeatedly said they're not doing anything, but specifying a "one month break" after DMC5's initial release hints they've got something up their sleeves. They were also weird and sketchy on various details that didn't matter leading up to release to throw people off the trail (things like Nico and V's tattoos being connected in some "maybe you see if they related, smelly gaijin" fashion that ended up meaning nothing, etc) and the game provably has code in the EXE viewable with a hex-editor pointing to lobby and other matchmaking systems beyond the Cameo system of the main campaign, along with treating Vergil as a playable character.

Playable Vergil and/or Trish and Lady are the usual player characters.

The sword would have to be absolutely massive to even give they any of the boys any struggle with it..

Why not all three? I mean, it seems like this game is essentially "Devil May Cry's Greatest Hits", which isn't a bad thing.

No there isn't. You are wrong on that. and even if there were, his attack isn't actually affected by drawing the sword.

>it seems like this game is essentially "Devil May Cry's Greatest Hits", which isn't a bad thing.
And this is why I want playable Lucia and usable Artemis/Nightmare-Beta in some way, shape, or form.

No, it wouldn't. It would literally be his Force Edge moveset. Which is different than his Yamato moveset. I don't know how to say this in a simpler way.

>A split between Yamato & Yamato with its sheath alone would be splitting his already existing Yamato moveset.
How? Yamato's stock moveset revolves entirely around iai and there are approximately zero moves where he rushes around with the scabbard and blade as separate objects. Using the scabbard as an off-hand weapon like his DMC3 cutscenes and a little of 4SE's cutscene seems perfectly viable to me and wouldn't take away from Yamato.

Eh, Vergil kind of always did spectral stuff via Summoned Swords, he literally split himself in two this game, V learned how to co-ordinate and fighting with familiars, and the doppelganger brings to mind his son's old DT.

I think it all fits in the context of the game.

They've been special edition since 4se so that's essentially what we're waiting for. We're hoping for a Vergil expansion at least.

I think if one brings literally everything back you're now chained to the idea of having to port it forward in every game going forward.
People are already hungering for Vergil and say there's a dearth of content compared to 4:SE.
Going the Super Smash Bros Ultimate route isn't really sustainable for long term really unless you plan for it to be the last game period.

One more question: is it worth getting the DMC Collection on PS4? I remember briefly trying 2 and being bored out of my skull after a couple levels (which is normal from what I understand), and I never played 4 at all.

Force edge combo has him draw yamato in an iaijutsu style. 4se expanded this into force edge combo b. Not to mention stuff like round trip which would imply throwing the only weapon he has.

>Yamato's stock moveset revolves entirely around iai and there are approximately zero moves where he rushes around with the scabbard and blade as separate objects
>he doesn't know the iaijutsu draw-slashes part of force edge wouldn't work
>he doesn't know that even yamato moveset happens to incorporate lots of unsheathed bashes

Attached: Unseasoned.png (621x672, 573K)

>Going the Super Smash Bros Ultimate route isn't really sustainable for long term really unless you plan for it to be the last game period.
I really want them to put out a non-canonical game that's just pure fan service like this at some point. Just literally everything the fans want, in one game. It always seemed weird to me how fan servicey 5 is, like bringing out Devil Arms back.

>he doesn't know the iaijutsu draw-slashes part of force edge wouldn't work
Different guy, I don't like the idea of it being a Force Edge reskin.
>he doesn't know that even yamato moveset happens to incorporate lots of unsheathed bashes
Which then lead into iaido slashes since the sword is still sheathed, it's not the same thing as having two sticks to wave around except one isn't sharp.

There's literally no point in bringing Lucia back, only retarded waifu fags want her.

Dipshit waifufags are a large number of the people that want Lady and Trish back too.

She has as many different weapons as Dante in 2. You could take them and make unique stuff out of them. Putting Dragon's Dogma stuff in DMC would be rad though.

He has one attack in the combo that unsheathes the sword. But so what? Just perform the same slashes unsheathed & with the sheath where relevant.
For Round Trip, he'll throw the sheath, don't say it wouldn't make sense. A spinning sword wouldn't hold an enemy in place either. OR he could just use a summoned sword.

It would be very different. Vergil's Force Edge moves use a lot of Yamato together with Force Edge. To replace the scabbard with the Force Edge wouldn't work at all. We would take away an iaido draw like in his DMC3 combo, and anything like Helm Splitter done with the Force Edge alone would either be extremely weird done with Yamato's sheath instead of the sword itself, or it would make more sense being incorporated into Yamato if he were to use Yamato instead. Force Edge in DMC3 alone was the most Dante-style of his moves so how would using Yamato and its scabbard separately do that?

Last I checked, Lady and Trish were from generally-liked DMC games, while even Capcom would rather pretend that DMC2 never existed.

You've already played 1 and 3se, you can try out 4se since it has trish,vergil and lady as playable characters. The dmc collection is fine if you want to replay the games and yeah skip 2 if you tried and didn't like it.

Capcom officially acknowledged 2 as happening with large amounts of 5's background information and 2 being disliked is totally irrelevant to whether Lucia should show up again.

What does bringing back Lucia do lol? She does nothing different and is pretty much a much worse trish.

Any major and possibly detrimental differences from the PS2 versions I should be aware of?

He has 1(one) attack in a combo string that involves drawing the sword. Drawing the sword means nothing for the attack, it is an animation flourish. He would just use a normal slash.
He would use the Yamato to Helmsplitter. duh. He can also easily use Yamato for a stinger and trillion stab.

>Capcom
>acknowledge 2
You can't be serious

Attached: 1554249960068.png (488x782, 389K)

Why bring back Trish when she's a shittier Dante?

Yamato's stock moveset doesn't just sheath his sword at the end of all moves if you continuously attack before he gets the chance. Not only is using the scabbard separate more of a defensive move, which is doubtful for Vergil, and using it offensively would be far from Vergil's Japanese-style. Next, you'd need to design another moveset around it because why would Vergil use Force Edge attacks with the scabbard instead of the Yamato itself and you'd get weird stuff like a spinning scabbard in Round Trip.

>He would use the Yamato to Helmsplitter. duh. He can also easily use Yamato for a stinger and trillion stab.
Other guy already said
>or it would make more sense being incorporated into Yamato if he were to use Yamato instead

I'd jsut say use a Summoned sword instead.
Nero gets away with using a spectral Yamato as a replacement for his old moves just fine, so just let Vergil use a summoned Sword in place of Force Edge.
Sparda probably wouldn't be resurrected from such a thing. He still existed as a separate entity after the cutting out his power into those swords.
Remember he sealed Force Edge into the Underworld about 2000 years prior to the series and still lived long enough to have children with Eva in near modern times.
All you'd get is an even stronger blade.
Vergil and Dante basically have it so that their power is somehow embodied/linked deeply with those swords two swords so the fusion of them could basically be the full combined power of Vergil, Dante and Sparda given physical form.

>Drawing the sword means nothing for the attack, it is an animation flourish. He would just use a normal slash.
>Vergil
>iaijutsu
>just using a normal slash instead

Attached: Heresy.jpg (499x468, 54K)

Because Krillin

>For Round Trip, he'll throw the sheath, don't say it wouldn't make sense
Is the sheath too a devil arm? I guess Nero never used it right if the sheath is capable of stuff like that.

You're struggling really hard to not understand this. Doesn't Vergil abandon his Japanese style to use Force Edge and Beowolf already? And using Round Trip with a sheath makes just as much sense as using a sword for it. And one more time for the kids in the back, he could just use a Summoned sword for that one move.

Vergil could be the master of the Yamato, capable of performing any technique with just his katana and his demon energy.

iirc its nothing game breaking, its mostly just small graphical differences

youtube.com/watch?v=pMhem6M5gWc

The sheathe kind of magically appeared later on when Dante got it, and considering how Nero uses it compared to Vergil I wouldn't be surprised if it could be magically returned to the sword and vice versa.

Why not just give those moves to Yamato instead? What I'm asking is, what does the scabbard itself add besides being an offhand weapon? If it's a move that the Yamato itself can do without it, why not give it to Yamato?

>he doesn't know Force Edge and Beowolf don't involve iai.

Nobody tell him about the prequel novel.

The point of it is to create a Vergil that only uses his katana.

>Doesn't Vergil abandon his Japanese style to use Force Edge and Beowolf already?
He iados with yamato in force edge. He pretty much never uses yamato any way besides in a samurai way.

>all those samurai that attacked people with sheathed swords

>Why not just give those moves to Yamato instead?
Yamato already has a full moveset and alternating combo paths as of 4SE, you'd have to absolutely jam-pack stock Yamato with inputs like DSD on crack to accommodate an additional moveset of sword-and-scabbard moves.
>What I'm asking is, what does the scabbard itself add besides being an offhand weapon?
You're nitpicking and you're asking the entire premise of the idea as a question. "What does it add except the entire idea of a new way to use Yamato?" Ha-durrrrr.

To be fair it's a sort of obscure thing that only people really into the series lore and already in acceptance of 2's shittiness would really look up.

>a couple pages of lucia doing nothing and then isn't referred to ever again
>not even mentioned in the game
>capcom gave a 5 second clip of 2 in their story trailer
refer to my previous post

How did doppelganger work in DmC?

"It doesn't count because uhhhhhh it doesn't count"

>DMC1 and 3 are still the only games to have unique DTs for each weapon

Attached: 1563743740111.jpg (604x436, 25K)

He doesn't. Every time he uses the Yamato, he uses it in a Japanese iaido style. Even the moves in Force Edge he uses it that way. If this was just the Yamato and its scabbard, this wouldn't be using a different style for a different weapon. It'd be clashing with his old style. Round Trip with a scabbard doesn't make so much sense, especially with charging it.

Man you're really desperate, its a bit sad.

A heavier scabbard (heavier than the very thin shell of lacquered wood that real katana scabbards are) would be an effective bludgeoning weapon, same deal as a mordhau grip with a western sword

Get new material.

It still legit irritates me it's gone since it added another layer to Dante's dynamic personality.
He's the guy who always changes up his weapons, guns, styles, costume, why not his DT?

If anything Vergil's DT should have been static given he adheres to his sense of self.

I'm still on the fence about Nero's DT form, I felt the separation of Devil and human but the way they worked in tandem was a great way to get across how he was conflicted but still accepting of the usefulness of how he is.

Making him just DT like Dante and Vergil feels like a missed opportunity. V DT'ing like Donte was amusing.

I'm not sure if I missed it in the cutscenes, but Vergil CAN make Yamato appear at will making it essentially Devil Sword Vergil, right? Or is it separate from his body unlike DSD?

While a cool thing, seems like it's just an excessive amount of design work with today's graphics .

It could be neat but considering the budget issues the game already had I think it wouldn't be worth it overall.

Besides it was inconsistent anyways. Vergil didn't really have a Force Edge DT in 3, and any ranged weapon Devil Arms like Nightmare and Artemis didn't do anything to the DT.

It's doable. Samurai wouldn't employ it as a primary weapon but hitting someone with a sheathed sword is a blunt weapon too. In japan, stuff like wooden bokken and training swords can be used by thugs like the west uses baseball bats.

Don't be mad at me, you should ree at capcom for not caring about trish 2.0

Plenty of other weapons have full movesets and Yamato isn't so filled to the brim that the additions from Force Edge wouldn't be helpful. And you'd have to design more moves if you make more weapons

The premise is more like
>Why even bother having a scabbard in this case? Why not just be Yamato 1 and Yamato 2 and both without a scabbard.

>why not his DT?
He changes weapons every games that'd be essentially a big waste of dev time.

>While a cool thing, seems like it's just an excessive amount of design work with today's graphics

Dude, fuck you. Imagine being the faggot that says this about an action game. This whole genre would be generic trash if not for the drive to design and animate cool shit.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Whoof... I'm usually not a graphics whore, but some of that is pretty bad.

Guess I'll just hit up the local Mom'n'Pop game shop to see if I can get PS2 copies.

He can summon it at will but Nero could sort of do that when he had it.
Nico's report on Vergil's DT says's this about it.
>"In this form, Yamato—the source of his power—is stored in his arms. Maybe this is the true form of Yamato too."
So Yamato seems to embody his power already?

The PS3 HD collection does not have those issues as far as i recall. It has the motion blurr on guns and spinning DT projectiles for sure.

True enough, I still feel shorted. DLC would fix this sort of minutia but Capcom doesn't seem to want to play dice.

Attached: que te jodan.jpg (345x345, 51K)

>Dante realizes Rebellion merges him with other Devil Arms
>starts merging himself with all his other Devil Arms
>"Cerberus? Okay. Nevan? Fuck yeah, I wanna be one with those tits."
>Agni & Rudra being extremely excited
>"Nope, not those two. I'd be permanently annoyed to death."

Attached: Laughing Zebraman.gif (480x300, 3.81M)

In that case it's kind of weird that even with all that OP power Yamato didn't restore his body immediately when he got it back, but I guess you could also attribute it to Vergil being batshit at the time and maybe Nero sort of draining it

While I respect spiral, and I do think Balrog and Cavalier are fantastic devil arm entries. Best firearm I think even though I don't use it all that often would be Artemis.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

DMC5 Yamato has Nero's original Devil Bringer in it. It's different from its original state.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

I like to think of it as reflecting Vergil himself. It grows as he grows.
When Vergil remerged he got a boost from accepting his humanity as V and the fact Urizen ate the fruit and in turn Yamato leveled up with him.

Seems like a massive infusion of power was ll that was needed for Sin DT.
Dante ate Sparda and Vergil at the fruit.

>Vergil didn't really have a Force Edge DT in 3
That's because Force Edge isn't like the rest of the DAs, it's just a weaker Sparda. Dante can't DT with it in 1 either.

>ranged weapon Devil Arms like Nightmare and Artemis didn't do anything to the DT
Those are artificial DAs.

King Cerberus Dante sounds fun
>humanlike body with three heads, like Asura
>one is very chatty and lazy, one is sad and serious, the other one is completely battle crazed
>dominant one changes to an appropriate style of element and gameplay

Attached: D3iCYwdV4AEbwwK.png (633x850, 110K)

An update!

Attached: gloria.jpg (765x1080, 234K)

There isn't enough pizza in the world for a Dante with three heads.

Just imagine if he absorbed all the Devil arms on his person when he made DSD.
He could have probably turned into a Transformer after eating Cavalierre.
And Balrog would've given him Urizen eyes.

Attached: 1544582705452.jpg (5879x669, 516K)

Itsuno did a little of that with Dr Faust. So you're not wrong.

hawt

Attached: 1563828326801.jpg (552x567, 14K)

Perhaps Yamato got a boost and essentially became "Devil Sword Yamato" when Vergil sudoku'd and did the split

Attached: 1563653786654.jpg (512x512, 19K)

>Yamato didn't restore his body immediately when he got it back
Mundus aids really did a number on him

So you think it acts as a vessel in addition to being powerful as fuck in itself? Going by DMC4 you can say it also carries his will and then it's really no different from DSD's description

Fits Vergil's character that in a way it was his own Demon Sword from the start

>Trish:
>Should have her extended round trip, spin2win fists/kicks, & fuck_off laser come back in some fashion
>Give her old games weapons (start her off with Alastor, then have her collect devil arms across the series)
>Fix her face & body pls. (Besides the state of JUSTing on her face. Is it just me or does she look astonishingly frail in this game? A bit of meat on her would help the design or at the very least not have her look weaker than V. Weird considering I really like her design in 4.)

>Lady:
>Weapons:
>K.A.3
>A shotgun
>40kBolter
>Duel UZI's
>Pistols should be her fist weapon, think gun kata (+KA.3 of course)

For Lucia I wouldn't know, as I've never touched 2. As well as never seen her play style, does anybody have anything interesting for her move-set. Oh, and thoughts on my autsim for the ladies? Any improvements or trash ideas you'd like to see in the future?

Attached: 1554671557343.jpg (956x1280, 894K)

daddy Sparda father of the millennium once again

>here junior play with this
>[VWOOM] NNNDIIIIIE

Attached: 1537316838355.png (600x600, 149K)

this kills vergil inside

And Dante killed him too hard that one time

Lady should get Spiral and fully complete her role as Beryl 2.0

Attached: 1552691624482.jpg (907x907, 36K)

They make this stuff up as they go along but I'll give my ideas on it.
I like to think both Rebellion and Yamato were vessels for their wielders power.
The games descriptions already said Rebellion was Dante's embodied power, it's only the shattering and fusing with Sparda that made it have to turn into DSD.
Yamato is just weird in and of itself.
The prequel novel had a stray shard of Yamato still exist and be wielded by Balrog.
But Yamato was already repaired and whole when Nero fixed it, so somehow the blade is alive enough to get healed from injuries and still leave fragments that retain it's powers.
Or maybe it just made up for the missing material by siphoning power from Nero to reforge itself I've got no clue.
I just think of it as one massive Inuyasha reference as this is another powerful demon that left swords with opposite powers to his different sons.

The man is too motivated to die.

Vergil is not a virgin. Dante still is.

Attached: Consider the following.png (824x720, 430K)

I'm sure Trish ara ara'd him a few times along the years
he can't have learned all those dancing skills and innuendos by himself.

>tfw died at BP floor 99
How the FUCK do I evade Urizen's bullshin tentacles?

Which character?

Wrong dumb anime poster

>tfw I will never have to ancient beings who not only will talk to me but want to
>will never hang out and have fun while they teach me about otherworldly subjects
>will never have 2 bros who are always down to hang
I hate being alive

Attached: images.png (224x225, 9K)

Dante's only a sperg where Lady and Trish are concerned, he got laid left and right in the DMC1 books and his problem was just he can't emotionally handle anything deeper than a one-night stand

They had the coolest Devil Trigger form

What's Dr. Faust based off?

I think Man In Red could be based on a Core Skill of Staves that surrounds your Arisen in magical orbs.

>No godhand
>No kh2fm
>Sekiro
>W101 near bayo2 and DMC4
FUCKING END YOURSELF YOU SHIT TASTE FAGGOT

Nero.

I love my husbando

If you have a Gerbera that should be your simple go-to for dodging it but if not, you'll have to rely on regular dodges, Table Hopper preferably. Don't rely on the regular jump's I-frames because the tentacle will just track you upwards.

If you're not confident with your dodges, you can run the tentacle in a spiral and make it tangle in on itself, jumping over it in the middle.

Cool pic user thanks for sharing. Never really got a clear look at the DMC1 DT forms as they only appear while attacking.

Dreadnaught > Sparda > Ifrit > everything else

Those screens of the DMC1 DTs are insightful. Didn't realize Ifrit's DT had those claws.

Seems over the years his DT stabalized more and more.
As his 5 DT is only slightly different from his 4 DT.

>Balrog & Cavalier are the worst fucking weapons in DMC.
Jesus fuck, that's some serious shit taste user

Attached: thumbsdown.png (734x570, 480K)

Really, they just stopped making them because DTs ended up offering nothing different outside being a super mode. It makes sense they were unique in 1 because of elemental weaknesses, charging the guns with elemental attacks and all the moves DT Alastor and Ifrit gain. Ironically 3 has the most design while having the most superfluous DT in the series.

I missed that when I posted it, and that makes it even better.

So this shit is most likely Gilgamesh metal yeah?

Attached: 1550946635771.png (1920x1080, 3.28M)

Why is it so angry?

>be giant batch of super demon metal
>just trying to mind your business in the deepest depths of the Bloody Palace
>all the legions of hell keep fighting eachother over who gets to mine you
>your comfy eclipse apocalypse realm now has literal mountains of corpses all around
>you're just a giant hunk of fucking rock so you can't even move to somewhere chiller like the Fire Hell
All it has is its anger

Attached: 1537035094086.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

vergil when

Never XD

rude

superior Kat

Attached: 1536642018942.png (1280x1280, 1013K)

This is your new devil arm

Attached: pizza-pasta-new2.jpg (1422x800, 236K)

Weaponized pizza oven when?

>[Muffled woohoo offscreen]

Attached: Dante's Awakening.png (500x775, 611K)

Nico is not a slut! She is my wife!

Attached: 327-1564503494-1466079331.png (1920x1080, 786K)

Pizza and strawberries for dante and chocolate for vergil

Where are the olives?

already happened

Attached: 1562986741543.jpg (2557x2877, 908K)

You fuckers don't know what real pain is.

Attached: 1531158003611.png (512x448, 149K)

You have Viewtiful Joe, don't complain.

at least Alastor got a reference in 5

Attached: cav.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

SPARDA!

dununununun NUNUNUN

I really don't understand the attatchment myself. Is it the DT moves or just the aesthetic?
Find it a bit underwhelming myself, as I just imagine the blade as an oversized tongue for that thing.

A few of us have actually been playing since the series debut in 2001

When will he reappear?

Attached: Crewcut.png (760x686, 403K)

He'll get his own spinoff

>he's the narrator
>he knows of fuckloads of Dante's exploits & the history of Sparda

Attached: SoupyDimEquestrian-small.gif (445x250, 821K)

IGNITE

Attached: 1552175135758.png (350x246, 99K)

Sparda's reincarnation.

Swordsmaster stance switches yamato to different stances like in nioh and give you a different moveset for yamato on your circle or b button with different properties on his attacks like one stance has attacks are like nero where his summoned swords are the second hit

>DMC6
>Mundus returns and attempts to obtain Sparda's power
>Mundus is aware that Dante & Vergil are far stronger than him, so he has to find Sparda power
>Somehow obtains DSD & Yamato for maximum Sparda
>Dante, Vergil & Nero are defeated
>Crewcut shows up to save the day

Bros what if 5SE is next gen only?

Means nothing to me as a PCfag

As long as we wouldn't need to buy the game again...

Cavaliere or, God forbid, Faust?

They make the new characters exclusive to the SE and its next gen is my worst nightmare

>implying they won't find an excuse to do it
>implying it won't be an Epic exclusive

Has Capcom done anything with Epic yet?
Sega seems to be steering clear of that clusterfuck.

They did that with the 4's special edition didn't they? it might be a longer wait for se then

I have a theory that 5SE will be cross-gen with next-gen exclusive content. Not just because Capcom jewery, but actual hardware limitations. I sincerely doubt that a game with the graphical fidelity of DMC5 can run at 60FPS on LDK Mode on PS4/XBone, even the Pro & X. Real-time co-op may also be something that is only feasible on PS5/Scarlet.

they could have put LDK and turbo mode on PC if they really cared that much, I think it's more likely that they just didn't have the time or resources to waste on those things and that the DLC won't be anything too spectacular

aaaand it's stuck in my head

Major publishers in general are staying well away from Epic, it's mostly low-tier developers and AA developers that will get more money through Epic or don't want to deal with publishers/Steam.

PC-exclusive features probably would've gotten them bad PR from console players. Might as well just take the much smaller PR hit from next-gen exclusive modes that could've potentially been on PC since launch.

When you look at it, DMC5 released in a really weird spot.
Released in the last month of the Heisei Era, what's most likely the last year of the current console generation and the last month in Japan's 2019 fiscal year.

There's a lot of shareholder and exec bullshittery that goes on at the start of every fiscal year with planning for the future and all that shit and topping that off with the start of the Reiwa Era and next gen prep probably makes it even moreso.
Might explain a bit of the radio silence from Capcom

Attached: 1536605809278.jpg (592x555, 60K)

>DMC4 in mid tier
>Sekiro not in low tier

Can anyone who's used the turbo mode mod for 5 tell me if it affects the cutscenes or music or anything like that? Kinda lame if so.

>Urizen tentacles

Those became his tail.

Attached: dmc_zodiac88_-1133522396210614272-20190528_165613-img1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.3M)

it doesn't, but only if you use the Turbo option in the actual table.

If you're on Title Update 4 which the CE table doesn't work on, you can use the Speedhack option on CE to force Turbo but it will likewise speed up/slow down non-gameplay aspects (NOT audio though. All audio remains the same speed from voice acting to music. This can lead to desync in cutscenes) because it doesn't have the extra coding of the community table

DMC 5 Nero is more complete, but DMC4 Nero feels better to play

It is.

All right, hopefully they just patch in a real turbo mode eventually though.

Only really in that his Buster animations are more "anime" which makes them more bombastic. Breakers, Knuckle, Color Up, and even just the new moves Red Queen got do a lot for him. I love that they gave him multiple armored moves to work around the new ranking system (which has flaws but the allowance for super armor in your toolkit isn't one of them) and fit his personality.

>giant V on his front
>Urizen vine on his back
bruh

Attached: 1552174556948.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

>became his tail.
fuck I'm retarded, I never realized it since its not even used

That tail is the kinkiest shit. Itsuno has some clear fetishes.

Attached: 1558065064006.jpg (1144x1200, 192K)

It's cute

Why does he have a giant V on his chest? Is he a superhero or something? Dante doesn't have a D on his chest, so how come? Does it have to do with him being stabbed a lot?

Attached: D90bGUaWwAsg_Gz.jpg (2048x1455, 332K)

>Dante doesn't have a D on his chest
well duh that's lower down

Cute and Kinky.

I still half expect him to basically pull a Cell and drain people to death by skewering them on his tail.

It's more that the gravity is better in 4

Remember that he likes putting his name on things because Dante might steal them. Nero is going to get a surprise tattoo on his ass with Vergil's name on it.

>he doesn't want to kiss his gf on the forehead while she sucks his D

>always on laser arm blades, that should constantly cut through his wings
>fire pipe horns
Who greenlit this bullshit?

its blue flames not a laser

>people want to give Trish Alastor instead of Sparda with scythe mode and sword mode switching
Why can't they give Sparda it's own unique moveset already? It's been over a decade

Attached: Her turn.jpg (711x1200, 95K)

His tail will only be used to throw Nero and Dante around,

What's Nero got with armor other than Buster breaker?

Hard Way & Payline for sure, and I think the last hit of Combo D as well but I may be wrong.

and penetration.

The hold melee to charge an attack brings up its hyper armor in the move description.

DMC5 regular DT is peak DT design

That shit is so fucking slick. And yes, I know it's just the 4 design with some tweaks and in better graphics.

Sparda is gone you dumbshit.

>tfw trying to learn how to git gud at this game
>tfw just spent a couple of hours going through Son of Sparda for the first time with Nero
>tfw slowly learning how to effortlessly jump cancel and how to chain certain moves together to make stylish combos
>starting to get the hang of Instant Revving shit consistently
Fuck, it feels so fucking good. I still have a long way to go but it feels nice that I'm reaching truly CUHRAYZEE levels.

Attached: 1563153959638.gif (500x275, 1.04M)

the demons right?

Don't like it very much. The claw on each wing is fucking massive and the feet look too much like human feet now that they have five toes instead of the the three claws from 4.

Weird thing is that I never liked his DT in 4 yet love it in 5. Somehow all those little changes really redeemed it for me.

I'm talking about DMC5 Trish when she'll be playable, it's clear that they'll give her Sparda because it would be easier than modeling Alastor from the ground up.
DMC6 could give her alastor though

Am I the only one that prefers the more humanoid features?
Makes the fact they're hybrids in contrast to their dad a bit more apparent.

DMC1 and 3's is better. I don't like the volcanic theme, and I also dislike how devilarms don't change up the color of his "core", it makes it feel weird how a fire demon is using a ice devilarm like Cerberus

Attached: 5 Dante DT.jpg (1173x2154, 1020K)

Well that was the idea in DMC1

Attached: The visuals of DMC1 DT.jpg (756x945, 312K)

There's also the Red orb meteor spell that feels a lot like one of the higher end spells fully charged.

demons, humans, hybrids me

When news? TGS or next e3?

Gamescom

I say DSD looks way better with SDT than normal Dante. It just doesn't fit normal Dante.

Well I don't really like SDT's design either, so it's best if they changed it with DSD

user, you will die if that penetrates you.

Attached: dmc_zodiac88_-1133522396210614272-20190528_165613-img2.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

I know I will die happy.

Manage to pause at just the right moment to nab a shot of the Force Edge model for Vergil's summoned swords without the effects.

Attached: 1561068934437.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

>literally the same model as DMC4:SE Force Edge

Nice. Look at those dumb shrunken skull faces.

So long and scaly

I noticed Urizen has different ones. Way bigger.

When?

Attached: Nelo_Angelos_Sword.png (413x391, 632K)

Mundus needs to capture Vergil again

Attached: Untitled.jpg (600x600, 66K)

>this thread was up when I went to bed YESTERDAY
>still up when I'm about to go to bed today
dare I say, based?

Attached: 1552363239337.jpg (390x398, 135K)

Would vergil really fall for that twice?

OP here, I'm as surprised as you are.

This threads been up for almost 24 hrs

Attached: EADzi0mWkAAqMpO.jpg (2048x2048, 311K)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (600x600, 73K)

Write free chocolate and then that might convince him

How can they spice up DMC 6?

Attached: 1562996519770.jpg (274x386, 22K)

Naked dante,nero and vergil

Real co-op

Basically the same moveset as Alistor so idk why

Bring back Kamiya

faster combat
dmc5 have slowest combat in series
what the fuck itsuno?

Wait for turbo on the se

good
now fix all this braindead enemies and i can play this shit again

No thank you.

It's a small thing but I always liked the sound effects of using stinger with alastor
>that little electric crackle when the move starts
>transitions smoothly into a thunderclap
When I threw on Sparda later in the game and it didn't have the crackle... something just innately felt off.

Attached: I_am_Alastor_by_MMMurdock.jpg (900x600, 54K)

unironically end your life

>how to spice up DMC6
Have some better goddamn level variety
V's biggest shortcoming is how 80% of the game is spent in that fucking ugly tree.

you sound like a Meleefag
also have sex

Do not have sex.

Attached: Kreia do not mate.jpg (640x313, 36K)

>braindead enemies
Uh you're 15 years to late for that

>I don't
No, literally not. DMC1 and 3 also have same design nonstop. The issue is that Dante has fucking four missions and all of the loading screens. And V is something literally no one asked for.

>And V is something literally no one asked for.

I love V, he was the biggest pleasant surprise of 5.

I thought V's biggest shortcoming is how everyone else gets new stuff and he doesn't.

I never played melee
dont be so angry about your slow ass game weebfag

t.based weebfag

>03:20:50

Attached: Mind Blown.png (300x250, 29K)

>And V is something literally no one asked for
This, and then they go and make it worse by making it only 20 missions. Dante should have gotten more.

Are 24 hour threads on Yea Forums common?

Attached: Valkorion face.jpg (500x546, 74K)

Head up fags. Found a hidden red orb cache in this nook and I haven't seen anywhere else online mention it.

Attached: 1562707395459.png (1920x1080, 3.65M)

If it's a really slow thread then yeah

Who is Kreia referring to here?

That and the fact that what he starts out with is already less than Dante and Vergil, his moveset is cool but extremely limited. I wish they'd give him more stuff so that he can live up to his potential.

I think 5's level design better than 90% of DMC3's and 98% of DMC4's. DMC1's is still top of the list and 2 is still the bottom.

Attached: 1562896757317.png (562x615, 661K)

>Who is Kreia referring to here?

Attached: Kreia is forever.jpg (1054x1300, 133K)

More summons & maybe the ability to swap them out. There's other DMC1 bosses. We could even include copies of Nelo Angelo or Mundus if we're really diving into Vergil's traumas.

First half of DMC5 is some of the best levels in the franchise.

Everything that actually takes place in Redgrave is fucking great.

>no co-op bloody palace

Attached: Sad.webm (1600x1600, 3M)

Nevan is literally the most anti fun gimmick shit in the whole franchise.
"Haha dude look at me completely stopping my movement for extremely shitty damage unless you're a ridiculously good combomaster at which point the damage is not even necessary"

I even love the tree levels though. I don't know if I'm some massive turbo autist that hyper focuses on little environmental details but I don't find them near even half as bad as people make them out to be.

Mission 10 is genuinely beautiful to me.

Attached: 1564257902829.png (554x544, 535K)

It's an electric guitar that fires lightning and bats, dude. How can you not like that?

Same, I like pretty much all the environments in 5

Say what you want but the art direction in 3 was way better than both 4 and 5. Only 1 trumps all of them.

Too bad Cerberus is dead/broken because canon novel says Dante broke them during a fight with Balrog before V takes place

Not really though. Most of the Temen Ni Gru is boring and browner than DMC5 until about the 3/4 mark, then it starts to diversify more.

HOWEVER, the hell areas at the end of DMC3 just damn near make up for all of that because of how great they are.

I would have to disagree since a lot the individual rooms and even the hallways of the tower had more individual character than the countless "demon tree" walkways that took up most of 5.

Give us the option to start with either Dante, Nero or Vergil. Bring back wall running and enemy surf (even DMC4 Nero did in a cutscene, they should implement it). Have a third Angelo type a horsemen. Give each character a rival. polish DSD looks wise and mechanically. Bring back interconnected levels and have some nice gimmick/puzzle missions.

Attached: 1560685698791.jpg (700x700, 193K)

And I see more personality in the different ways the tree forms environment from mission to mission to 5, so I guess we'll just have to disagree there.
That said, the only environments I actually genuinely dislike are DMC2's and the fucking forest in DMC4.
Other than that I like everything else even if I like some others more

goodnight thread

Need more of those funny edits