Indie games are sh-

>indie games are sh-

Attached: indies.jpg (900x900, 285K)

-ining examples of dev creativity! good thread

Why inferior Bastion over superior Transistor and Pyre?
Why inferior Hotline Miami 2 over superior Hotline Miami 1?
Why meatboy over any offering that is well designed like VVVVV or Bit.Trip runner?

Hotline Miami 2 is superior to Hotline Miami in nearly every way.

Bit.trip Runner is garbage and VVVVVV is a bit gimmicky and short, neither are comparable to Super Meat Boy.

Oh no, he's retarded

-it.

>Hotline Miami 2 is superior to Hotline Miami in nearly every way.
Now you're talking out of your ass

No, I have extensive experience and skill with the top games of the genre, and this is my opinion based upon this. I think N++ is a much better platformer than Super Meat Boy, but both are still miles better than Bit.trip Runner, and VVVVVV is a decent game, but I just think it is a bit too short and shallow.

Hotline Miami 2 is not even a question, it is much more in-depth, exhilarating, and challenging than the first game, which feels like a glorified tutorial when you play it after the sequel. You can't just storm in every room and spam melee in every room because every level has the same small, cramped rooms with no enemy variety. You have to swap between melee and guns, be aware of your surroundings by constantly using peek (which is pretty much never used in the original), and you have to plan ahead while playing aggressively with quick reactions. The levels don't just feature small indoor rooms, but also have long lines of sight and open areas, and also have a greater variety of enemies that require different methods to take out so you can't just use the same tactic for everything.

>why pick one of the most complex and influential and varied platformers with expertly designed levels and a variety of characters with unique playstyles and infinite replayability and speedrunning over a glorified infinite runner?
It's almost difficult to conceive someone being this retarded.

Attached: sfa.jpg (472x198, 18K)

Imagine thinking this highly of meatboy

It was a novelty back when 2D platforming was dead and indie games were this cool new thing. But it's not actually well designed. It's slippery and imprecise, and the levels are mostly based around beating your head on the wall with muscle memorization over actually mastering the mechanics. Hell, one boss fight literally can't be done any way BUT memorizing his attack pattern. Outside of sheer content and a bunch of playable characters that genuinely affect the way you play it's nothing special at all.

These are the best indie games of the eighth gen. Prove me wrong

Attached: Nine Greatest Eighth Gen Indies Ver 2.jpg (920x920, 357K)

Holy shit, imagine being this much of a brainlet. I don't even like Super Meat Boy that much and think it is a bit overrated and flawed, but you are actually just fucking braindead. Try playing the game more, understanding how it works, and making complains about the game that are actually accurate to the systems of the game.

The physics are very straightforward and the levels are specifically designed in a way that teaches you new mechanics and tactics and then reinforces these (light are learning, dark are application). Obviously it does require muscle memory, but that's almost every platformer (and single player games in general) in existence.

Also the ONE boss fight you are talking about (which is a minute long fight) is commonly known to not be a particularly well designed fight (it's not bad, it just does require you to die a few times to learn, which is not a big deal when there is little punishment for death), it's just a very lazy and weak complaint.

switch binding of atheism for Risk of Rain and we gucci

Does Factorio count as eighth gen? Also, swap Stardew for Risky Rain.
This man is a retard, Isaac is fun as much as the memes will tell you otherwise.

>He stills think Isaac was about religion

Attached: 1564252955099.jpg (640x480, 44K)

n++ is so underrated

I beat super meat boy, most of the challenge comes from tricking you the first time through an obstacle and the inconsistent controls.

Any acclaimed classic 2D platformer or acclaimed 2D platformer from past the start of the western indie scene shits all over meatboy. It's intensely mediocre and has recognition due to a profound lack of competition.

Risky Rain released just on the cusp of the next gen, so I don't know if I'd count it. Came out initially only a few days after the PS4 launch, but before the Xbone launch

It also started the worst trend in the entirety of 2D platforming
>DUDE
>SPIKES
>LMAO
Meatboy is not only overrated and mediocre it started a trend that's outright ruined other indie games level design.

i like transistor, but bastion is their best game and pyre is only tolerable as a visual novel

>Spamming overly safe defensive options and having only 3 moves: The game
Bastion is like meat boy, intensely praised because it released in the wasteland known as the mid 7th generation.

Based

8 of these games are shit or at the very least not great.
Better.

Rain World is trash, stop including it
Why does everyone like Nex Machina over Resogun or Geometry Wars 3?
Hollow Knight and Furi are great
Never played Baba Is You but seems like some pretentious Stanley Parable garbage
RotOD is good but overrated
TBoIR is decent, a bit rough around the edges but makes up for it in sheer amount of content
Stardew Valley and Factorio are similar to TBoIR, not really my type of games, but definitely great and unique games that you can a good amount of content from

I fully completed and did all ironmans in Super Meat Boy. N++ is obviously the best platforming game by a good bit, but having played many of the top 2D platformers like VVVVVV, Dustforce, Celeste, Bit.Trip Runner, Shantae, etc. it is probably the second best behind N++

Wasn't started by Meat Boy and it has a variety of enemies and hazards so idk what you're talking about.

>nex machina sold so poorly the devs gave up arcade games and started making a battle royale
it hurts

I don't even need to ask "was it autism?"

baba is you is a puzzle game you faggot

>thread about indie games
>don't you dare make more than a one-line braindead driveby shitpost!

Attached: ding.jpg (680x813, 56K)

Isaac? For sure
The rest? Fuck no

>Never played Baba Is You but seems like some pretentious Stanley Parable garbage

just stop posting. I think smash threads are more your pace.

>Baba Is You is a puzzle video game created by Finnish indie developer Arvi Teikari. It was released 13 March 2019 for PC and Nintendo Switch. The game centres around the manipulation of "rules"—represented by tiles with words written on them—in order to allow the titular character Baba to reach a specified goal.
Could not imagine a more pretentious and boring game. The only puzzle games I enjoy are endless puzzle games or those with multiple solutions anyways.

I'd honestly prefer one line drive by shitposts to pseudointellectual wall of text shitposts

You don't actually make any arguments, it's just a long winded version of a drive by one line shitpost.

>indie game comes out
>its great
>but since it's an EGS exclusive no one gives a shit

Attached: 1564294031337.jpg (887x900, 232K)

i usually recommend it in sale threads, but i'm only one man

Nothing in that post was remotely "pseudointellectual"

I think you might just have a learning disability though

I play indie games to escape judaism

> multiple solutions
then play Baba is You. It's the literal best puzzle game of all time because you can get funky with the solutions.

You cant help but be disappointed some indie devs get tempted by fortnite bucks and abandon their fanbase

>implying that brainlet would get past the 2nd world

It's kinda funny in retrospect that they think Fortnite kids would actually even give the game a passing glance. They should just tone back the production values a bit and release arcadey games but with more variety. Their last few games have felt a bit samey (still great games though).

I'm in top .5% percentile for IQ, not sure why you think I am a brainlet, but puzzle games are usually too restrictive with in-game logic systems that are not consistent or not rational.I prefer them to be more open-ended.

you would be lucky to be 48th percentile

Baba Is You is literally considered a great game because its logic system is both consistent and rational.

Ok, this has to be bait. Well played OP

this is the not troll list

Indie platformers are trash.

Attached: Modern_Platformers_Level_Design.png (1367x631, 47K)

I think I saw this in Ori and Celeste

>its a procedurally generated rouge-like/lite

imagine being too bad at video games to appreciate the perfection of dustforce

Let me guess, Ashen, Outer Wilds?
Great games but backstabbing your kickstarter backers like that is messed up

There's nothing challenging about levels with one clear solution.

Furi is crap stop meming this game

Furi sucks, only the music is good.
The Messenger belongs up there, and so does Celeste for the gameplay and tranny soundtrack, even if the story is bullshit

furi is an excellent game my guy