ITT: games than single-handedly destroyed an otherwise solid franchise

ITT: games than single-handedly destroyed an otherwise solid franchise

Attached: metal_gear_solid_4_guns_of_the_patriots-1686810.jpg (580x667, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwDquO8TVf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd say it was mgs3 since it started the "muh boss" thing.

Based and redpilled. I have never seen as sharp a downwards spiral on a series as MGS 4. The game that raped the series past the point of no return.

>Ignoring the game that made the franchise become garbage and irrelevant in the first place

(forgot to post pic)
I can't believe kojima became famous from this shitty ass game. Never should have been a franchise.

Attached: 51dOdVAk0zL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 34K)

Attached: kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance-3ds-D_NQ_NP_608258-MLA29984089467_042019-F.jpg (1200x1073, 334K)

This was meant to be the final game in the series. If you're implying that its shit then you're out of your fucking mind. Not my favorite MGS but come on dude.

The story was good imo but adding Raiden because you want to pander to female otaku was dumb as hell. I remember being super mad about not playing as Solid Snake later.

It was a series long before this....

4 was the best one, it was 5 that destroyed it

>Let's end the series by raping its characters and burning any semblance of quality the story has to the ground
Oh, ok, I guess that excuses it

that wasn't the reason for adding Raiden

Why did He rewrite Big Boss's character?

Would it have been better if they stuck with his half-Japanese WWII mongrel heritage and background?

youtube.com/watch?v=dwDquO8TVf0

Was it intentional?

MGS2 was where the pacing issues started surfacing, yes, but it was still fun as a game.

Although even MGS has worse pacing than MG2:SS.

MGS4 didn't rape previously-existing characters any more than MGS2 did.

That's not TPP.
Or, if you really wanna push the envelope, then it'd be the PO, since it framed FOX unit as the OG Patriots.

Uhhh no, MGS4 was the one that revealed that.

Stupid? Stupid.

It’s literally the last game in the series that matters. 5 isn’t canon, or at least it shouldn’t be considered canon. Stop acting like this game was so bad and ruined the series; narratively, this game was the last.

MGS > MGS2 > MG2 > MGS3 > MG > Ghost Babel >>> MGS4 > Peace Walker > PO > Rising >>> Ac!d/Ac!d 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Snake's Revenge > MSGV

Seems fine. MG2 is still my favourite, but any permutation of MGS/2/3 and MG2 in the top is fine.

By the end of KH2 all the threads had been neatly wrapped up. Until this pile of shit and BBS fucked everything up.

heh, a solid franchise you say.

>I remember being super mad about not playing as Solid Snake later
wooosh

glad I am not the only one that hated the direction that started in 3. It went from a bad ass genome soldier fighting crazy enemies to some bullshit about what mommy wanted when she was alive and got into a quagmire that I didn't care about

The only bad thing about it is the gameplay/cutscene ratio.
Other than that, it's okay. Story is just as retarded as those in the previous games. You'd have to be a dumbass to think that MGS1-3 actually had competent stories and good writing.

>The only bad thing about it is the gameplay/cutscene ratio.
That's a pretty big bad thing.

Started going downhill with this one, edgehog, fucked up controls, and only 10 actual levels.

>"Achtually it started with Adventure 1"
If you say this and any 64 era game is your favorite platformer, you're a biased retard. Adventure 1 is better than most people think it is.
>"But muh camera."
if you're actually game overing in Adventure 1 or 2 its because you legit suck at platformers.

Attached: SA2Logo.jpg (640x640, 72K)

>MGS 4 not on last
Shit list