How does Nioh stack up against the Souls games?

How does Nioh stack up against the Souls games?

Attached: nioh.jpg (1920x1080, 672K)

Similar but different
Dark Souls is a West Coast IPA
Nioh is a Session IPA

nioh more like a ninja gaiden vania

>West Coast IPA
>Session IPA
What do these mean?

shitty $oy beers

It's boring as hell

If you want weebsouls, Sekiro is way better and most of all, not fucking boring

Shit taste detected

Boring, ugly and grindy
Why play this when you can play Bloodborne or Sekiro?

>IPA is a basedboy beer
I bet you drink fuckin white claw

it's pretty fun. excellent combat and an awesome loot system. you'll get a lot of memes and negative replies but don't mind them.

Because Nioh has a more Japanese theme fantasy fantastic atheistic than Sekiro which goes more for a realistic simple elegance toned down look

enemy AI is too fucking stupid even compared to Sekiro where Genichiro will straight up stop moving half the time

numales love IPA

Nothing alike. It's Ninja Gaiden mixed with Diablo, even made by the Ninja Gaiden Black/Ninja Gaiden 2 developers.

Then it's a fitting analogy for Souls-likes isn't it

Well, I found it HARDER/BETTER than Sekiro, so, there's that. But it is inferior to the Dark Souls games, except 2 that is completely dog shit.

Attached: TIPS ODACHI.jpg (1032x774, 208K)

The gameplay is much deeper, stylish, and far superior. When you actually get good its hard to enjoy Soulsbornes because of how slow, simple, and primitive it is in comparison, however Souls mostly outdoes it in every other category.

Worth playing if you enjoyed the FROM games. Plus it’s only $20 new

>Genichiro will stop moving half the time
Happens a lot with Isshin and others too. The boss suddenly stops and starts turning left and right like a spaz for a few seconds. Game definitely needed more polish.

Better gameplay than souls'.
Less interesting level design than souls'.
More infuriating bullshit to bang your head against if you're into that sort of thing.

Played it a year ago and that's my memory of it.

Attached: 1561357544075.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Got tricked into playing it because I love Soulshit.
It will forever remain as a mark of shame on my trophy list un-platinumed.
I hate it.

Attached: 1555132526216.gif (500x222, 2.11M)

I know the purple guys will start moving funny near terrain obstacles and walls but they'll somehow still deflect your attacks if you go after them
genichiro just goes to an idle animation and lets you hit him
although I guess tomoe genichiro doesn't defend as much as his regular version so that might be part of it

It's amazing in its own way with very high highs and not many lows aside from retarded-hard side mission filler, balanced out by some really good side mission filler. I love Nioh.

>goes into idle animation and lets you jet him
The final fights should’ve been separated like Throne Guardians/Nashandra. Tomoe Genichiro could’ve been fleshed out more as a boss and Isshin could’ve been given more health.

It has better core gameplay but everything built on top of and around that core gameplay sucks

>awesome loot system
Come on lad, that's the worst thing about the game by miles. The level design and enemy variety are also notable flaws, although the combat is admittedly excellent. It's a mistake to go in with the mindset of comparing it to Souls though.

>IPA analogy

Attached: 1g9bqz.jpg (565x500, 99K)

>Genichiro could’ve been fleshed out more
You're completely missing the point of this fight this is the third time you fight him and you should be able to beat him without taking any or very little damage it's meant to showcase to the you just how much better at the game you gotten
>Isshin could’ve been given more health.
If you're playing the game right his health is almost completely irrelevant

This guy's nailed it on the head anyone saying, dark souls, dark souls, bloodborne or sekiro having a deeper or better combat system is tik-touched.

this is fair. the levels are ugly, but the worst thing about it is that the game is all about stats and loot. everything is a random drop, and grinding your stats up is all you can do in the end game. that said, the end game is totally optional and even just the main story took me about 150 hours to finish so i am not complaining. it's a good game, but i wish it was prettier, i wish the loot wasn't so ridiculous, and i wish there was some more expensive stuff to buy with glory. if you're going to make the endgame a grindfest give me something interesting to grind for

Like Souls but with actual good combat, but everything else is worse.

how does your mom stack up with other moms?

combat is infinitely better than all souls games but art direction is worse in SOME directions. Creative design and variety in Nioh is definitely superior though, all enemies are inspired from Japanese traditional folklore and this makes the game satisfying and culturally rich in it's own way unlike souls games where they just draw up generic dragonoids and humanoid knights in armour. Variety is superior in the sense that there is a metric fuckton of armour, weapons, accessories and other stuff to use in Nioh unlike dark souls. And the weapons all have their own unique moveset with special skills and alot of ways to fight enemies instead of R1'ing them between rolls.

>wtf bros I was supposed to win, why did people forget about me?

Attached: sekiro.png (389x144, 56K)

>Creative design and variety in Nioh is definitely superior though
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1564181290621.gif (413x221, 1.78M)

It's soulless.

I mean creative design and variety in Nioh is superior. Next question?

>posting a gif from a soulless 2 hour long brown colour simulator
What did user intend to convey by this?

Get a load of this faggot, he probably drinks Mikes Hard cock, IPAs are the chads of beer.

After finishing it you'll wonder just where the fuck the 75GB went into.

>I mean creative design and variety in Nioh is superior.
The art design in Nioh fucking sucks and Dark Souls objectively has more variety. Enemy, level, sound effects, music however you want to measure it dark souls wins

creative =/= art design, you mouthbreathing retard.
>Dark Souls objectively has more variety
I am talking about objective, effective variety. Dark souls has 50 shades of one enemy who all largely share their moveset. To a soiboy like you that is variety, to a person who values gameplay that is not variety because they all can be defeated using the same method and approach.
>level
again, nothing to do with creative design. and not really an achievement when fromsoft recycles and reuses assets between all of it's games.
>sound effects
same sound effects are still in use since demon's souls, pathetic variety if you ask me.

I think it's uncompressed language packs and data for all the countless weapons and their stats in the game and the 999 abyss levels.

>Dark souls has 50
You say this while defending Nioh nothing you say can be taken serious anymore you're literally fighting the same skeletons from the first level in the final level of the game

>all enemies are inspired from Japanese traditional folklore
They are same generic horned oni and demons we've seen a million fucking times, and art direction is MMO tier. How is Nioh's art direction more inspired than any soulsborne game?