Mario Maker 2 thread

Post levels I guess

Attached: Switch_SuperMarioMaker2_artwork_01.0.jpg (1200x800, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/dxrh42r3
youtube.com/watch?v=83sATZp0gaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anchor lad.

Attached: 1562173975732.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>collab is up

Attached: TtFR1zN.gif (350x343, 433K)

New course, uploaded a few hours ago:

SMB1.5 2-3 Sunstroke (NEW)
>GQW-4BH-Y0G

well maybe post a code

I made a “don’t touch the ground level”. It’s short and simple, but not a cakewalk

Glider Garden

24M-RXF-3RF

Attached: B9568EF5-6883-4735-937E-A8267731843F.jpg (960x849, 191K)

I have ten stages. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Sole Sacrifice (NEW)
BB2-DMK-LJG (NEW)
To reach new heights demands sacrifice. Another shoe level among castles in a starry sky.

I will help in the efforts to vitalise this thread.

Cave Gobobobo
QL3-JH0-HMG
Theme: SMB

Cave in the Jungle with an optional quest to find the pink coins to access a room full of 1-Ups. I just wanted an excuse to use the Forrest theme desu.

Profitable Spook
S71-BFV-WSG
Theme: SMB

Because of the huge course upload limit increase, I can make some throwaway levels. This is a very simple and short course with the idea of just grabbing some coins to enable the finish line. I guess this could work as just a "Get the fastest time!" kinda course.

Attached: 1541791707968.jpg (662x1024, 103K)

Fuck. If you didn't know, that last one is my newest. I'm an idiot.

Standard levels:

Parasite Park
6D4-Q0R-22H
Bunch of dudes got infected, and you jump down holes.

Brittle Barracks
NWN-041-CQG
A crumbling fortress filled with traps.

Cool POW minigames:
Playing Catch With Yourself
BBN-PCC-MJF
Throw a POW back and forth without letting it touch the ground.

Midnight Juggler
VVB-NDD-6LG
Juggle two POWs to keep them from touching the ground.

Attached: adhd.webm (640x640, 1.67M)

check it out
love the snow theme

Attached: 1549906849882.jpg (978x1022, 244K)

>Spooky-Stormy Ship
5MF-CWT-55G
Night time airship level in the SMB3 theme. Go through the airship and beat the twin bosses at the end!

>Journey to Goombud Village
T7D-GD0-4VF
Desert level in the SMW theme. Travel through Goombud Caverns, then collect the pink coins in the villagers' houses to unlock the secret atop the mountain.

>Cirrus Castle
8JW-HYQ-68G
Sky level in the SMB theme. Ascend to a castle in the sky using winged shoes and fight the sun itself.

>Monsoon Jungle (Wario Land 4)
G3R-KHD-PYF
Forest level in the SMW theme. A faithful recreation of the level from Wario Land 4, you'll be charging through the leaves and hitting a switch to get to the end!

>Toy Block Tower (Wario Land 4)
K62-JV0-S7G
Sky level in the SM3DW theme. Much like Monsoon Jungle, this level is a recreation of Toy Block Tower from WL4. Smash through blocks and find the treasure of this tower!

>Stranded Ship (Shovel Knight)
B87-563-JFF
Night snow level in the SMB3 theme. A somewhat shortened recreation of Polar Knight's stage from Shovel Knight. Try not to fall off!

Attached: Goombud Village.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

I really hope they'll separate the day/night themes from their gimmicks. Also I hate how most night themes just use the same starry sky instead of changing the theme's background to night time.

Just uploaded a brand new level, who wants to give it a shot?

Wanted to do something focused around spinjumping in low gravity but also wanted to make something easier again after my last level, so I think most people should be able to do this. Appreciate anyone playing it.

2BJ-804-34G

Attached: skytree.jpg (864x551, 181K)

Ok, I finished my first SMB 3 world. They are very traditional style levels and there are 8 levels in total.
My last level in the world is an airship level B2X-H93-6LG
My first level for the world is HV8-SMS-YKG
Although I think my levels really started getting good with 1-3 which is also my most liked level MGT-LSC-YVF

Attached: 2019073015031000-BF19FBEA37724338D87F26F17A3B97B2.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

My levels:

You can (note) jump
D76-C7Y-B2H
Easy speedrun with note blocks

Clawin' around
NMJ-GT2-2CG
Hard and long'don't touch the ground' course with claws

The trials of Mario
LQB-2RN-RVF
6 rooms where you use a powerup to get to the exit

Buzzy Shell Ridin'
879-GL8-56G
Long-ish course all about riding buzzy beetle shells

Math Test
JWT-GDG-RBG
Asolve the operations to get to the answer of each room (the sfx makes it too easy)

Advanced climbing
DPH-2BC-GHG
Short but needs a lot of precision, one mistake will lose you a bunch of progress

Hop Step Jump!
06J-9N0-VPG
Very hard, bounce on the enemies without touching the ground

Swinging time
69N-9M3-4SF
Short speedrun with the claws

The metal colossus
LML-WF3-KTG
Easy themed level, climb the giant robot's body and disable its engine

Jack and the magic vinestalk
2K3-NJN-0SF
Vertical level about vines with a boss battle at the end

Please play and rate and I'll do the same with yours. I want to try making some Mario-like levels but I keep coming up with gimmick levels instead (and they're often not good). Hopefully I'll get better with practice.

Attached: 1399047184728.jpg (900x900, 63K)

Working on another level right now, but it’s still got a pretty long way to go.

Dr. Wrench’s Cloudy Contraption!
XMG-293-RQG
>I’m really hoping this one turned out alright because it took a surprising amount of time to get right. I tried my hand at creating a boss battle that isn’t just Boom Boom, Bowser Jr, or Bowser which was definitely the part of the level that took the longest to get right.

Attached: A7AABAFC-1BDC-469D-B3E5-6EB8A0F439AD.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

6GC-YQT-CPG

Puzzle themed challenge

Attached: 1563735300968.jpg (1024x768, 280K)

Very cool way to use the sun. I wish the level was a bit longer, but i understand that it would've been really frustrating to test the timing.

Sole sacrifice is good, but you could've done a better job at guiding the player.

The Madman's Mansion
"Late at night, Mario raids a madman's mansion to retrieve his stolen boot!"
Difficulty: Intermediate
Code: NR2 - XL1 - LDF

I can't decide on what to do for another level, I want to do some sort of dream level, or a cult level.

Anyways, I'll be playing the other levels in the thread throughout the day, if you play mine, I'll play yours.

Attached: flower.gif (540x540, 645K)

Does this look aesthetically pleasing to you guys? I’m going for an ancient haunted castle feel. The theme on the inside is a pitch black mansion, but I’m trying to light it up in ways that make the level challenging but interesting and fair to play.

Attached: F3CF5F13-AB3D-4BE4-8D9C-D9A72AB8022B.jpg (1280x720, 339K)

Repostan from old thread. My first ever course, Wiggly Cavers. Short and sweet, not too difficult at all. Bounce on angry Wigglers and swing from chains in this little gauntlet I've created.
XWB-4JC-GNG

I'm hard at work on my second level. Its a Mario 3 airship level that takes place during a storm. Stay tuned.

Attached: 1512276035537.gif (392x400, 1.34M)

Sure loosk good

The Infinite Abyss Misery Series (Ongoing)

I love sadness and despair and hate fun, and you should too. These levels are anguish and grief incarnate, destroying your will to live and everything that's good in your life. The world will expire in a dead sea of nothingness and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

From easiest to hardest:

>Too Dark Gothic Sadness: Origins
>LGL-N50-30G
>A relatively quick romp through misery.

>Stark Escarpment Solitude
>N1H-6PK-4HF
>Crushing emptiness murdering your inner child.

>Lonely Toad 1
>6VK-TV2-8YF
>A tour de force of absolute misery and despair.

I sincerely hope that you don't enjoy any of this. We will all suffocate in the cold of dark space when we finally run out of air. Level # 4 is currently on deck for a clear check and will be available soon, I know you are all very excited, which is pathetic since life is meaningless and so are your feelings.

Attached: thesadnessofnothing.png (272x224, 1K)

Fun rato level man. Probably the first """pick a pipe""" that was actually decent and not the "which one won't lead to you dying?"

Skipsqueaks are comfy

>Spooky-Stormy Ship
Good stuff. I see you made the level with multiplayer in mind. Wonder how well that works with the keys and all, you often get someone just waiting at the door for others to do the job or something.

At any rate good stage, sliding is always fun.

nice, thanks
im a big fan of the rats too

Attached: 1551515886163.png (654x422, 404K)

Wet Woods: LBV-FHQ-DTF
I couldn't think of a better title.

Traditional SMW forest level except I put icicles at the ceiling to add a rainy effect.

I relate to that dog

Good to hear, thanks.

>posting your level but not playing those of others
oof

>Father and Son Shine!
ID: DCN-KY2-3HG

Just like in Mario Sunshine, make your way to Bowser at the top of Corona Mountain and take back the last Shine Sprite, restoring peace to Delfino Isle!

This level is different then my other sunshine stages and I feel like this one is tougher, but hopefully not unfair. It also feels good to be back and make levels.

As always feel free to leave criticism, I could really use some for this stage

Attached: images (5).jpg (640x480, 54K)

Hey everyone! The collab is complete! Sorry about the delay, it took me forever to complete the sections 3 times. Here you go, and thank you all for your great submissions!
Yea Forums's Flying Circus Collab:
VJY-0XL-NSF

If you want to see the previous collab, here it is:
Yea Forums's Red Coin Cavern:
XFY-909-57G

Attached: 0730191306~2.jpg (2267x1523, 467K)

Still working on finishing (2 rooms incomplete) would like any advice how to make it better, since I'm mentally stuck

J35-QVV-1MG

Attached: spin to win.webm (1248x672, 1.86M)

aww yea

General tips for making a good level?
I just finished storymode.

Don't make a bad level. Go to the dojo and check out the lessons, actually pretty helpful desu

do yamamura's dojo. it tells you pretty much all you need to know to put your level above the average shitter.

Fair point. I'm not home at the moment to look at my level map but thinking back I can see how someone would feel that way. Thanks. Something to keep in mind since it can be easy to lose sight of.

Coin Rush Clouds
level focused on platforming between clouds that are overgrown with Coin Flowers, with both day and night versions of the Sky theme
goal is to deliver the Star Flower to Mr. Goomba

Attached: coin.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

my thinking is that if I make a course too long it could overstay its welcome and feel a bit tedious, whilst if I make it a bit short it'd hopefully leave people wanting more. That said, I would've liked more angry sun stuff after you leave the sub-area near the end, but it wasn't possible to put another sun there.

Fuck you Millie. That first clear was supposed to me mine.

Sweet stuff. Which sections gave you trouble when clearchecking?

Should have beat me to it then :P

I think Millie finished it before I even posted it, I think they had me followed
Zank's. It was a nightmare, it timed me out a couple times. Suprisingly Mondo's as well, I kept hitting myself with shells, but it was nothing compared to Zank's nightmare zone. I hate moles.
I also had to quit clear check one or two clears in because i would discover some big cheese, like the drybone shell was way easier to get out of the area, and you could easily carry shells out of Mondo's section.

Made this out of sheer boredom, let me know what you think
Afterlife: 2 Star Experience
BVG-V11-J2G

Bit Crusade 3 is an adventure series of Mario levels that play in the traditional sense (scaling difficulty, hidden rooms and level theming). So if you like traditional Mario stages you’ll probably like these. The “game” will eventually utilize all 5 styles so there’s a little something for everyone. Every stage has five red coins hidden within that unlock a super bonus room at the end.

Start here:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Newest Stage:
3-4: Lakitu's Furnace of Fun L85-RRY-YQF

Team up with Mama and Papa Yoshi to defeat Lakitu and reclaim Yoshi's Island!
Castle stage utilizing both colored Yoshi's abilities, with platforming and a unique boss fight at the middle and end.

Feedback is appreciated and returned. If you got a really good level I’ll likely make a short webm of it to showcase it. If you decide to take the plunge and play them I hope you enjoy them. If you complete everything up to the current stage let me know and I'll play all your levels if I haven't already.

4-1 is about 2/3s done, I just got home so imma play some stages for a bit before I get back on that.

Awesome, I gotta do this one and that other anons from the last one first

Attached: E36080E4-3E5B-4019-9B7F-54437BBBAB3A.jpg (630x630, 114K)

It's possible to skip a large chunk of the thwomp segment by jumping up at the beginning.

Ah shit that’s my bad, it didn’t occur to me you could take the shells with you my brain derped on that

forgot to

A vine climb is a good way to prevent the player from carrying shells with them.

Airshipvania: (BQ6-9QH-DNG) - One of my more exploration based levels that involves you going around a giant airship looking for a way to defeat Bowser Jr before he blows up the Mushroom Kingdom

The Weeds of Wrath (4TH-2Y4-DHG): A Metriodvania that focuses a lot on none other than plants of all kinds. Trying to get feedback on this level out of all them so I can make another level similar to this.

UK Heatwave: Even Hotter (8TQ-0BN-JXF) A standard/vertical level takes place during the UK Heatwave and has you exploring up the burning down Big Ben

Goombrat Rampage! (073-NKM-J4G) - You go around a level killing Goombrats in unique ways. Its okay because they're Goombrats.

Snowy Shoe Shrine - FQW-N04-BTF (A platformer level that focuses on Goomba Shoes and how many ways they can be used that has a comfy snow theme.)

Attached: Please Play My Levels.jpg (869x919, 77K)

Yeah i found that out in my final clear check, and I didn't want to delay the upload any further. The section is still pretty fun, at least.
Its alright, you'd be suprised how many tiny oversights get made in a project like this. I had to tweak every section just a little bit

milly here, I had you followed. I also found those sections difficult. It took me over half an hour to beat but I reset as I timed out from zank's twice and didn't want a huge embarrassing time to be displayed. Really good job on the copying and putting it all together. One super minor detail is the chomp at the top of my bit is supposed to be loose but it doesn't matter much. Overall a really cool collab.

Next collab I will definitely be more conscious of this stuff, i wasn't thinking about it until the very end.

The section top left with the koopas and note blocks can softlock you if you lose the shells

Actually, I did have him loose, but for whatever reason he kept despawning. Something weird for sure, so i just chained him to keep the spirit there without having him keep despawning on my run throughs.

Ah that's fair enough.

Does your Mii look like you, or what?

yes

>Red-Hot Castle Rush
LJ1-75M-Y7G
Kind of speedrun level I guess, but not really.

>Perfect Luigi Blossom
NWX-G9Y-FSF
Normal difficulty bullet hell.

Attached: 24770467_p0.jpg (877x1239, 773K)

Haha, should I feel bad for making my section such a nightmare? I'm sorry guys.

my mii is very ugly so yes

It shouldn’t though, I put a Koopa spawning pipe in each section so that wouldn’t happen. Where did you get locked exactly?

Just finished the sequel to my rolling focused course - hope you anons enjoy the change in pace and let me know anything is unclear (I know rolling is something many are not really familiar with).

>Mineshaft Roll Fest 2: In Deep
B2D-9X6-34G

The original course...
>Mineshaft Roll Fest
FL5-DTQ-54G

Attached: 3d rolling.png (348x88, 31K)

Nah don't worry about it. It was only bad because I couldn't get the checkpoint when uploading.

What can players even do with a shell? The worst i can think of is smuggling a shellmet out of the puzzle and then getting softlocked in the zank zone. It's pretty unlikely that anyone would even attempt this.

I designed that section, I fucked up by not checking that when I moved it down as getting the last part in was a squeeze. In hindsight, I shouldn't have moved anything down and just used a small thwomp for the end instead of a large one.

Yeah, that's why I didn't worry about it too much.
It's alright, the ending is the best part anyway.

Well, it's basically a tutorial skip, so it doesn't really lower the quality of the level.

>3D World roll doesnt give you momentum and you cant leap out of it
WHO DECIDED THIS

Attached: 1512682678174.gif (320x287, 781K)

For real, what function does the roll serve if you can’t do it continuously? Other than crossing really tiny gaps

Those moles are literally Hitler

Wtf 3 people literally just came and Boo'd my fucking course which previously had zero plays.

I'm gonna say the c word

names?

Two traditional style levels, fun to speedrun or just play normally. Both have some secrets sprinkled in as well as sub areas. Lemme know what you guys think of em.

>Cloudy with a Chance of Koopas
Q8J - WD2 - 8QF

>Blue Boo Hullabaloo
SKV - XM3 - 4GG

Attached: CloudyKoopas.webm (1280x720, 2.46M)

Don't dog-pile anyone because it could be a fluke or server update issue, but none of the 3 finished the course and my maker points dropped by 100 like 10 minutes after I posted it here.

Names:
Megorro
Lyseria
Nolymari

Never seen those names so they're probably just randoms from the new courses / endless

Try to keep the icicles from falling for as long as possible, then spinjump down against the left side. Then you can run left, and kill them one by one with spinjumps.

But I thought new courses required a few Likes to even show up in Endless? That is what made me paranoid.

End of the day it's not a big deal, I had fun making it and sharing it with anons. But while I have gotten a few boo's I've never had something like this happen before.

how do you know when someone boos your course?
do you get a notif? and how do they work does it remove a like from the course?
great levels btw

Not a fan of the part with the moles and the ice.

Haven’t seen any of those names before, it’s probably brainlets getting frustrated. Sorry user, the boo system sucks dick and mostly acts as a difficulty detector rather than a quality detector.

Dude levels are played on the new tab too.

Mondo's section kills me more than any other

>World 5-Something
DY5-WQR-KNG

Made a stage that could've come right out of SMB1.

ZANKIOOOOOOOHHH

Attached: 1563172400244.jpg (539x507, 18K)

Yeah just got the world record with a super cool 8 min 53
My sides

Probably cause you’re movin around too much. Aim your shots and hold still, note blocks notwithstanding. What keeps killing you?

The top right note block on/off shell throw
REEE

Goombud village was fun.
Stranded ship and Monsoon Jungle were a bit bland. You could've done a bit more with monsoon, like have boss music start playing after flipping the switch.

This truly is the stage to end all stages, going for WR runs on this is for chads only

Kek. If it’s too close aim from the highest block instead, gives you more time to react.

For those that don't already know I'm currently making 8 worlds in classic SMB3 style with optional hidden red coins (They do nothing lol). The coins probably double the difficulty of the levels and some are super tricky to find or to get.

The levels are pretty short like the original game and feel very "nintendo". The difficulty is also very fair as we're only at the end of World 3 so far!

3-5 Soaked passage
8H3-1S9-FGF

My latest stage. It's super comfy and has pretty difficult to find red coins in it. The level plays pretty slowly with lifts but speedrunners will find that enemy placements and distances to jump makes it so you can blaze through most of it with a nice flow!

Attached: EAwFBIPUEAAiZ8j.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

It's not a softlock if you can kill yourself.

Thanks man! No notification is given but I had just seen my Maker Score when checking the course were posted, and I check again 10 min later after I got notification "3 people played Mineshaft Roll Fest 2" and it was 100 points down.

Sadly this is often true - but most often the case in Endless where people get butthurt at losing more lives than they gain. If someone browses "New Courses" they don't have any "short on lives" pressure.

True but I've never had multiple quick plays while new like that before, probs just be bad luck on my part.

Attached: qq.png (760x369, 335K)

you can't though

If im being honest some of the sections are more frustrating then fun.

Where in the section is it?

I'm sorry

it skips about half, the bottom row is tutorial but missing the lower mid section I ain't too happy about. Oh well, that's what I get for shitting something out fast as I had botched what I initially designed for my segment.

Also I think I'm too much of a shitter to clear the whole collab

>enter door
>kill the 3 koopas with their own shells removing all enemies and shells
>can't leave to reset
>can't hit the on/off to progress

different user, the very first screen with the 3 koopas it's possible to softlock yourself there. The shells don't respawn there either and there's no way to kill yourself. Granted, you have to be doing some unusual movements to make that happen.

My mii is Hank Hill wearing the builder hat.

You are right.

I feel like after doing the ice one with moles multiple times I got the hang of it. The faster you go the easier it actually becomes because you keep momentum.

Oh I see now. He got rid of the yellow mushroom block didn’t he so you just fall in? I haven’t actually played it yet I’m gearing up to do that now. Pic related is my blueprint, I figured if someone had decided to speed out and kill the Koopas you could just reset back to the main hub.

Attached: F7A3022E-F5EE-48B5-80BB-415BC41E9AD8.jpg (1024x885, 175K)

Yeah that mushroom doesn't exist, the door is 1 tile above the floor.
It's no biggie though because it happens rarely.

ayy hank hill gang

yeah theres no mush platform. probably to stop people from taking shells.

I have 40 maker points, heres my stage.

S5V-RWT-00H

Attached: 1475708171404.gif (96x96, 1K)

heh, try to WR this one, jonny_

where's the dev block for the last coin

I wanted to do that with Monsoon Jungle and Toy Block Tower, but there's no way to keep the boss music going after hitting the switch. It plays when you hit it, then stops a few seconds later.

>inb4 he does it in 3 minutes

legitimately how do you do the mondo section without getting hit by the shell at the top right corner switch?
It's odd that this is the one segment giving me the most trouble because that shell hits me every time on the recoil

do it from a different distance

I tried from all sorts of heights and distance and I either miss or it rebounds and I hit myself

I mean right? Unless you’re playing this level as someone who’s never played a Mario game before it’s pretty obvious what you need to do. If I could change it I would, I’d move the pipe over out from under the first red wall.

I hadn’t considered that a thing players could do, or that it could impact the others that much. It’s crazy, level design like this it’s like if you bring an animal from another country to the us the whole ecosystem gets fucked in the ass

If it’s to open the first wall, aim from the second note block. For the second wall, stand on the right side and just kick it forward don’t jump.

Oh dang, just noticed the koopas in the red pipe. Yeah i missed that, my bad. Moving the door was to prevent taking shells out, i wasnt thinking it was for a reset door.

Why you guys having trouble at the mole section? Was pretty easy for me

Attached: 30CB0372-EC3F-49F7-9453-AC740F8E9603.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

>If it’s to open the first wall, aim from the second note block. For the second wall, stand on the right side and just kick it forward don’t jump.
I don't think we're talking about the same part

Lol it’s ok, I was just in the mindset of trying to make it like one of my own levels. I haven’t actually seen the others yet I wanted to keep it a surprise for when I played it. Which I’m gonna do right now. Prolly make some webms

how did you get take the drybones shell with you?

You can just hop out of it and walk it through the spike check

Are you talking about the part with the springs?

There is. Place the music effect on munchers inside walls. Have them overlap with red blocks, so they won't spawn until you hit the switch.

>walk it through the spike check
wouldn't you die to the spikes?

>enter thwomp section
>take shell
>go back out again
???

oh damn

Mondo's is the hardest for me to get through in a consistently good time right now

no, the part with the 3 music blocks and the switch on the corner edge wall

Its possible to take the shellmet as well in the key section. Mondo section at end you can take a shell with you, bring the shell to shellmet section and use that to hit the switch instead

We in there boys.

Attached: circus.jpg (1277x452, 166K)

Cause the pipes spawn so slow, lotta changes were made that I didn’t take into account when I made it. Originally they were gonna be red but I didn’t want there to be like 100 koopas on screen at once. I’m tempted to upload it as a mini thing on mine so you can play the difference for yourself.

In making a webm I’m too stoned to explain it properly gimme a sec

What I do there is stay on the leftmost note block and make the shell bounce off of the note block to the right, so I am out of harm's way
Works better for me

oh I didn't know that reached

How do I apply for the next collab

claim a spot when someone announces they're making a collab

we should have a poll on which maker did the best section in the collab level

hey can somebody announce a collab

sick thanks

Wall Jumping at Fort Block A Lot - X9T-NDQ-4VF
3D World theme wall jumping level. Doesn't require much precision and is fairly generous with mushrooms and checkpoints.

Making such a collab is a lot of effort, not only for everyone involved but ten times so for the one doing it

>kellsbells made it to top of WR leaderboard
he's from here right?

sounds like reddit shit

I'll be back later to do another, this time hopefully more organized, and with more emphasis on preventing cheese. I'd say it went incredibly well, despite the disorganization at the beginning. Keep your eyes peeled

Last time I checked my new level only has 3 clears and is labeled as expert- realistically I know it's because it's a auto-scroller and if anyone dies they slam skip but I'd like to see that number a bit higher. Has a handful of telegraphed challenges and is meant to make you laugh in various parts so hopefully someone here can enjoy it if it's played.

D1H-3LD-G2G

Again, to save you time it is a autoscroller, so if that rubs you the wrong way then I'm sorry.

Attached: bowsah.gif (307x284, 1.06M)

>try to make "normal" Mario level
>ends up braindead easy, bland and short even when not dashing though it
Fuck

>No sideflip
>No ground pound jump
>No rolling long jump
>No spin jump from the ground
I appreciate that the theme is in the game but they left out so many fucking moves it kind of ruins the point of having the 3D World theme.

sounds like you succeeded

You did a very good job man, thank you so much for all the effort. Really enjoying it.

I was thinking of making a level involving rolling, but I'm worried people don't even know how to do it because it's such a useless move.

>want to join you guys
>my username is super bad, dont want anyone to see it
>cant think of a new one, cant play online anywhere until i do

Attached: 1558972869192.jpg (570x972, 76K)

Like this

I'm digging it so far and had fun doing it. I'd be down for another more involved one in the future.

Zankino if youre around im stuck on your section i hate these slippery jumps :(

Attached: V Flying Circus Collab Mondo.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

how bad can it be?

so bad that it makes me uncomfortable to see it, and it keeps me up at nights trying to think of a new, and i know it takes seconds to change, but i legitimately can't think of better

just use your first name and a number or punctuation. thats what I did.

Slutbanger69.

thats a chad ID

[adjective][noun]
It's generic, but who cares.

its not spooky enough. put in some of that spooky wavy seaweed

>No spin jump from the ground
Hold up and press Z. It's the cheesiest move in the game as most people are not aware of it and don't make their walls tall enough.

i would but my first name is incredibly ugly too, hell even my nickname is just plain ugly

yeah it's what i try, but i don't know, should it relate to me? something i like? something that defines me? something i'm good at?
i absolutely don't want to just pick two objects in my room and just roll with it, i want it to be "me", fml

Do this

ManicSquirrel
CrazyDolphin
SpeedyKoala
DepressedLion
whatever

>first name is really ugly
what is it?

Hubertus

InsecureVermin. That's the perfect name for you.

thats a pretty good username

it's too long

BasedRatto

you should be able to tell from my autisticness that i'm not based

Stupid name, but it would make a great username.

Maybe feel a little bad lol. I know I could make these jumps easy if they weren't ice and that's what keeps pushing me to keep trying.

Attached: V Flying Circus Collab Zank.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

>Ice Land Adventure
NPR-7X8-Q1G
A nice ice vacation with cars

ShyRatto

hmm.. i don't hate it

I was one of the first players to play your 1-1 and 1-2 and knew back then that if you can only keep motivation up you will create something great! I was not wrong it seems! Played through world 1 so far and I am loving every second of it. Thanks for sticking with it!

When I do it I jump way more at the ceiling part
I know saying this won't help but I can do the whole thing in one go 95% of the time, the 5% is some mole fucker getting me

Play my level. It's very good.

Parasite Park
6D4-Q0R-22H

Attached: antvortex.webm (480x360, 2.99M)

Thats the thing, my instinct keeps telling me that i can run those longer gaps but you really do have to jump on each one, I just made it to the rainbow wall but fell short I've almost got it. The hardest part for me is getting the speed I need for the block jump part.

it's easier if you throw it from the left noteblock to bounce off the middle noteblock, which I'm guessing was the intended solution

Yeah I get you I know my section is the weakest of them all desu. If were to join another collab I'd definitely not do something like this again.

One of them yeah, there's several angles where you can do it from if you can mind the bounceback.

this doesn't look bad at all

beat it then idiort retart

im doing laundry right now, my dude. i will beat it later.

Real talk, I think nobody uses the anchor and it is a useless meme post.

I wouldn't call it weak, for what it is its well designed its just kind of a ballbuster falling all the way to the bottom when you can't salvage the fall.

Well if it's easy for you then kudos, you're more skilled at precision slippery jumps than I am.

It is very disheartening to have 4,800 or so points before work, think you'll maybe come home to a medal, and then see 4,700 or so instead.

Yeah its a (you) harvesting mechanism for VIP points

Looks like i don't have any more space left on my picture. Anyway, have fun guys. Let me know if you want some drawing.

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x646, 28K)

>you're more skilled at precision slippery jumps than I am.
just make the jump, if you jump non-stop it doesn't really matter if its slippery. i can tell from the webm you are panicking and trying to gain solid footing. there is no kill pit at the bottom, the ice blocks aren't moving, just jump.

What are you gonna do now?

Change the picture or make a new one.

you did a really good job with that ice level

>think you'll maybe come home to a medal
expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed

Jump at the edge of each one I get it yeah, I can touch the rainbow wall more consistently now its just getting the timing for the last one

wtf do I do once I reach the on-off button plus the spring launcher thing please guys I'm tired of this stupid ice please I'm begging

tap jump at the button lmao

Attached: ..jpg (550x504, 28K)

>Ice Land Adventure
>Desert car
>Has Blind jumps
>Meme noise effects
>Very temperamental timing

What do you want me to say man?

hang on im uploading the webm shortly i just finally beat it myself. goddamn i need a cigarette after that lol. definitely better at ice jumps now the rest of the sections will be cake compared to this

i didnt know what to do at first either thats some weird on/off shit that you don't normally see. the first time i finally made it I ended up locking myself out cause it pushed me up instead of down.

Thanks for believing in me ^^ Really glad you like them! Coming up on the end of world 3 any day now!

I don't know what level you played but there are real solutions to everything ;)

Attached: 1547781965695.png (1437x1080, 631K)

Don't go right:
434-VTS-YQG

4-Player vertical race:
C51-RGC-QWG

4-P Water level vs:
183-L8V-5VG

>clear rate on the collab would be 10x higher were it not for the zank section
why is this allowed?

n-no milly's section is the hard one, everyone be mad at milly!

:(

Four Boom Booms of Power
>831-FW0-THG
A multi boss fight similar to Megaman rematches in Wily's Castle. Designed so that after you beat a boss and claim the pink coin it guards you don't have to fight it again.

Journey through Twilight Tundra
>LVL-K12-9LF
Standard multi-route nighttime winter level with optional pink coins and a hidden bonus room.

I'd like some feedback for this or any of my stages at VT2-W11-HJG. I'll be going down the line playing a bunch of stuff.

>60-Second Romp with Longboi Chomp
NHQ - GPW - YYF
A simple 100 coin collection level that has you in a room with a dangerous extra lengthy chomp.
>Steamboat Mario
4HS - KMR - DXF
Travel through the Pipe Seas on your trusty steamboat and encounter some scurvy pirates along the way.
>Dead-End Koopazon Warehouse Job
G84 - 4D0 - M0H
After losing your builder’s license, you’ve had to resort to other means to keep afloat in the tough Mushroom Kingdom economy. But enough is enough, and you’re going to stick it to those greedy business rats and your shitty boss, today! (collect all the red coins for a nice secret bonus)
>Dangerous Game of Lava Chicken
S5N - QQ8 - MJF
A no jumping level with a focus on getting uncomfortably close to rising and falling lava to progress. Includes a lot of big coin/1-up bonus incentives for challenge seekers. I improved this a lot from the previous version to remove tedium (no more mandatory platform waiting for the main objective or p-switch garbo).

Attached: 1550301904883.gif (500x667, 266K)

One thing we can all agree on is that the puzzle one aside, Silent's one is actually very easy

Your likes will just go down, no notifications and you won't be told who did it. But sometimes you will know who did it because you can see the history of everyone who played it, and if one person played it and your likes were less than before, you know it's that person.

There we go, I actually died in this part three times but once I got past the first half the first time it seemed way easier on the subsequent times.

I'll be the judge of that, though after what I just went through I'm ready for fucking anything now. I just started minihillys

Attached: Sweet Release.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Thanks, tried my best.

difficulty imo
Zank > Mondo > Milly > Minihilly > Silent

Damn, I've made multiple levels in 3D World and I didn't even know it.

But there are 6 sections

milly's section is hardest at the beginning and is easy after that

Dunno, that damn mole with the chomp is quite something too
I actually killed the mole and rode on the chomp cause it was faster

Yeah Jenome's was the puzzle which is hard to rank against the others difficultywise

Next time it might be better to keep a unified theme, and maybe disallow items/powerups altogether.

Mondo's above milly's?
milly's is definitely more challenging imo. Also missing Janome's which is the easiest

>spoiler
isn't that what you're supposed to do?
why else would there be a fireflower there? It's pretty straightforward if you do that.

I assumed milly wanted you to steer the mole like a vehicle

fuck that then, that's slower and way harder.

Once again sorry, iirc initially it was said "let's aim for about expert difficulty" but I may have missed the mark there with my annoying ice block climb.

its faster if you spin jump to the left of the mole so he doesn't turn. the fireflower was just because I wanted to make the section easier as we were aiming for expert difficulty. but both ways were sort of intentional.

>got a gold metal for weekly maker points
We're all gonna make it bros

Attached: 1532555032787040.gif (504x535, 1019K)

L6Q-VGD-95G

Made this course almost a week ago, but I never posted it on here.

>tfw never got a medal for weekly points
>but been bronze (or higher) for all time points since day 1
what does it take to get a weekly medal?

Who the heck is Nut_Butter? Are you here?
Are you for real dude? How hard did you grind to take that WR from me?

Attached: 1516142917796.jpg (986x754, 297K)

Super Mario world

Name: Spiny shock

Course ID: 8C3-6QW-H2G

Super short, spin jump fun!

It's my first level and I kinda suck but I hope you like it

Attached: 1528966898435.gif (495x200, 129K)

I had a golden weekly one for 1 day too, now I'm back to zero on weekly. Oh well, I keep my unlock I guess, though I don't even use that fashion

I really hope they rework the Twisters, they're really boring and really awkward to use

Attached: twister.png (78x72, 478)

if they rework them it'll break all existing levels that use them

This actually wasn’t in the forest theme, but it’s such an easy switch and it looks nearly identical so I think I’ll do that.

they are fine

just allowing them on rails, in cannons or stacked would be nice

I mainly said that to prevent cheese, like taking the dry bones shell and spike helmet out of their respective areas. If there's another collab, I'm going to make my section 10x harder than yours. Everyone will beg for my forgiveness.

I really liked that, great use of the sun! Could have been longer but since it's obviously part of a series I can forgive it.

Good work making the clear condition a challenge without being frustrating about it!

Sole Sacrifice was a really fun idea, I find moving in the shoe in low gravity a bit irritating but there's nothing to be done about that..

True, I guess I mean you should be able to mix them with other objects, esepcially pipes for that blowing away effect like they do in NSMB. It'd be cool if we could build some momentum based mechanism with it too

If we have another collab sometime we should have a vote on what style and theme we'd like to do

Imagine if we could turn them sideways or put them on rails.

Is there a discord for MM2 where you can get feedback and help out other anons?

Attached: 1547320299141.gif (560x315, 1.33M)

I didn't realize it counted on downloaded levels.

Attached: 1484235403739.png (475x620, 141K)

we don't have a discord if thats what you're asking

Who the heck are you, are you a real human?

I think it's be within the top 100 for gained maker points at any given time. I'm pretty sure there's no silver/bronze for it.

The Goomba Brothers - 2GN-PNY-J0H
Deep lore level.

Agreed, there’s no freedom in how you can utilize them, it’s a shame. A level I made feels really limited because it’s so hard to build up a level with them. There’s no interesting twists you can pull with them.

Thoroughly enjoyed Four Booms, but I discovered that if you haul maximum ass you can go down the pipe before the checkpoint flag goes off. Weird.

Fun course though a bit short and FYI you can cheese the last challenge by just diving between the blocks. Good use of coins to guide the player though and the challenges were good/well thought out..

I feel you on the low gravity shoe, but it finally clicked for me when you realize the timing on pressing jump actually comes just a moment after you leave the ground. Glad you liked it overall though.

I don't know what to name my levels, or how to describe them

Attached: 7ae.png (674x432, 20K)

easiest world record of my life haha

Attached: 1536436041366.png (1302x459, 190K)

why does it say world record

nani?

i have never played a good smw level

Thank you user! I'll play your courses if you like.

I knew about the cheese, I kept wondering how I could have avoided it. I put in the powerups because I didn't want people to find it too challenging but maybe because it's so short I should take them out?

Thanks again for your feedback

Attached: 1528948639128.png (529x386, 200K)

Tundra is a good basic level, can't really think of any criticism.

can't be as I had a gold all time maker points medal for the first couple days of the game being out

I enjoyed Profitable Spook, though you might want to use the sound effects to make some lights when you touch coins in some areas.

Adorable level, legit felt bad about bonking Ratos with a hammer. Liked the pipe choice at the end a lot as well.

I wanted to make a funny joke about my time being bad so I edited it to say World Record

I think the powerups make it too easy with how short it is, but it's a cute and fun level, very aesthetic and cohesive

>he hasn't played the flying circus

Does P speed even do anything in SMB3 levels? It feels nerfed to hell.

not him but i was using the power-ups to damage boost through everything quickly, the level probably would have just been boring without them.

if you want to make a challenging level that isn't annoying you need to actually be creative in design. this is not a creative level, so better to just leave them in. maybe you will get likes for easy clears.

Attached: spin to win.gif (400x224, 421K)

I think it's still beatable. I stubbed my toe and fucked up entering the pipes at the very end.
Here's the way I went.

Attached: 3MG-RKM-BBG.webm (640x360, 2.06M)

Do you guys think this is too hard?

Attached: perfect luigi blossom.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try be more creative for future levels

Or we could just put more effort in preventing taking them out of the rooms. I can think of a contraption for any item in the game.

Man. That was one of the WRs I spent hours on. Well done dude.

Attached: 70884850_p0_master1200.jpg (849x1200, 442K)

is this your run Zankioh?

is there a way to see all your WRs?

7ST-81M-3PF

The biggest hurdle is understanding your hitbox then its not too difficult.

you can only the the last 100 and only see the count if you are on the leaderboard

wait I'm rarted nvm

>jonny took my circus WR
>mondo's section making me reset over and over
AAAAHHH

>le whoa dude ebin spin jump spam
this is exactly why there are no good smw levels

Cirrus Castle was fun. I'm guessing this was made with multiplayer in mind because i felt like I skipped a lot of stuff where if someone else grabbed a key or a shoe before me I'd have had a harder time.

I really liked this. You might want a reset door at that second spring wall jump so you don't have to go down to reset if you screw up. No complaints otherwise.

Did you even play through it or did you give uo at the beginning?
The course is very easy and forgiving.

>Someone finishing your course and not liking still drops your points.

Patch fucking when?

That's a feature

>it's a "you normal jumped instead of spin jumped"episode

Pretty fun course thanks!

>You like someone's course.
>They don't like yours.
[/spoiler]>Or they boo it.

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna make a 20 second speedrun popular bait level

Attached: 1450459944320.jpg (599x403, 74K)

Finally got it. Webms coming shortly. I’ll let y’all fight over the WR lol.

Difficult or not I thought they were all fun to play, even if Zanks held me up the most it was by far the most satisfying to finish.

Millys was the second hardest, those rainbows at the start fucked with my eyes bad. The mole chomp was neat albeit hard to steer until I got the physics down.

I’d put minihilly and silenttron at about the same difficulty wise, I liked the play dead approach to bypassing the grinders and I thought the spin jumps in trons were solid.

Jenomes was a neat puzzle that took me a bit to realize what I had to do, and was a nice thing to have to mix up the gameplay a bit.

In the end I had fun so I’d call it a success, good job you guys!

Attached: FB1C9DA1-849C-4DB6-A019-66D068645BD0.jpg (3264x2448, 1.39M)

>Did you even play through
yes
>The course is very easy and forgiving
I'm aware of that. Not sure how taking a boring mechanic and making easy 'challenges' with it which are all essentially the same and spamming them over and over is supposed to be good. The only reason people have any interest in it at all is because most of the people playing MM2 are 8 year olds that didn't know the mechanic existed.

>Get gold for all time
>Holy shit I made it
>Longer game is out more streamers are filling up the top spot
>Actually having to watch my medal rust out all the way to bronze over the month

Name a worse feeling.

Yikes these threads are dying fast. Did SMM2 bomb that hard?

How about this for a twist. Its a 20s speedrun level, but actually its a full course with a regular timer.

Attached: V Flying Circus Collab minihilly.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Jonny_ really let himself go

Was I the only person to not know what the coin name said for the puzzle section?

Yeah, thanks for the bump, buddy.

>no new IP

These threads are just a circlejerk for a small group of users who are honestly better off talking somewhere else, rather than making a whole thread on Yea Forums dedicated to one game and not being friendly to anyone outside their group.

Wow, a WHOLE thread for ONE video game on Yea Forums?
Jesus christ!
And yeah, everyone here is super unfriendly to anyone new coming in, clearly.

aw shiet now I'm the only user that submitted to the collab that has not cleared it I gave up at zank's part, will have to give it (another) go later.
>not just skipping half of it by using the dry bones shell to jump up

>and not being friendly to anyone outside their group
?

obvious samefag

Game over.

Attached: Done.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

>YOU GUYS SUCK STOP CIRCLEJERKING EACHOTHER

>WHY IS NONE OF YOU DUMBFUCKS PLAYING MY LEVEL

>P-please???

I can't find a consistent setup for that shell jump, trying to at least get a semi-decent run but that's killing me

I only have bronze all time. I don't even know if getting a silver is possible for me.

Dang, that's a great idea user. Except that's almost everything I've made thus far.
It's just a shame "normal" levels never make it into the popular tab. It's all gimmicks, speedruns (that are flashy ez mode hold run and sometimes press jump ones I might add), on/off levels, and streamer levels.

I realized once I made the trip back after the first time heh.

Attached: V Flying Circus Collab Milly.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

That was one of the harder parts of the levels for me. I am fucking awful at dealing with mole movement.

looks like a demon summoning ritual

>actually doing the shell part legitimately
You only need to do the top part of the level seriously. The rest can be skipped or cheesed.

just kill the mole with the fire flower lmao

"Separation Anxiety"
Bring along your ol' pal Yoshi from start to finish, teamwork with him is necessary (something something power of friendship).

B09-DJT-WRF

This is the 2nd iteration of this level and I plan on continuing to expand it and improve on it rather than creating levels from scratch.
I wish I could place checkpoints. Maybe I'll remove the clear condition, but still require yoshi to be with you all the way to get to the goal instead.

Any pointers would be great as I'm still relatively new to building, and if anyone plays my course and replies on here with their maker ID I'll return the favor. I'd like to play everyone's but I've got some studying to do today and I can't NEET it up too much.

Attached: tax fraud.jpg (1024x608, 98K)

>wasting time getting the flower and mush

Jump where the arrows are and there's no problems

>level
*Part

that was after a few tries and getting the feeling for it down lol so don't feel too bad

Fuck that I play by my own rules

After I finish uploading these I'll give it a shot man.

Attached: V Flying Circus Collab Jenome.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

he has the fireflower in the webm

I'm surprised you didn't have more trouble with the thwomp one (minihilly's?) and mondo's. The former is fucking bs with the hitbox of the saws and the latter has this slight RNG feel to it. Both of those fuck over my WR times, all others are consistent for me.

ty user

Attached: geno.jpg (766x992, 185K)

It's literally always the third saw in the top thwomp section for me. And the worst part is, if it hits you and you lose the shell and run back, the thwomp doesn't come back.

user I'm pretty sure that is mondo, so he wouldn't have trouble with his own part. I made the dry shell part and had to rush it, which really shows. I originally had a completely different section designed before realising it'd be too slow to play through along with the rest of the collab.
the thwomp does respawn if you walk offscreen then walk back, I made sure of that at least.

and 4, that's a wrap!

Lol thats because I AM mondo. There's no RNG to it its all about taking good aim and letting the shell fly. The major detriment to mine is that you can't reset the first section like I originally intended but thats just a mishap of the blueprint transfer and the edits he had to make. Had I known I would have put a spawn pipe before the first red wall instead.

The saws weren't too bad once you realize you can delay or speed up the bone pile form. Just had to sync it up with the distance between them. Some parts are cheeseable for sure though.

No prob man! I found yours quite refreshing after some of the more intense ones.

Attached: V Flying Circus Collab SilentTron.webm (1280x720, 2.68M)

If you walk all the way to the left after returning the thwomp will respawn. Doing this allows you to skip a good chunk of the last segment.

I have a few levels with low clear rates if anyone wants to give them a try.
Bowshank Redemption
BD1-YLJ-38G

Head in the Clouds
J50-MXM-2XF

Chilly Trials
6D2-YJY-Q9G

You can delay or speed up the bone form?

If you tap buttons after you fall apart you get up faster, and if you hold down you'll stay down longer.

Wow, how did I not know this, feels brainlet.

is shooting the mole really quicker/easier than this?

Attached: molespin.webm (853x480, 2.17M)

I kind of regret taking part in the collab as what I shat out for it was atrocious

Can't be worse than mine and I like all others, so..

quicker? no
easier? imo yes

Probably not quicker, but it beats having to deal with mole jank.

Use it as a piss take and do better for the next one

I guess most of the sections in the collab had minor issues, but I know for a fact mine is the most broken in there. It says a lot when your section is so broken that it can mess up the other sections as well by making things easily cheesable. I even dropped the ball hard on aesthetics, something I normally put effort into.

I should've let someone else take my slot as I knew I wouldn't be able to make anything good for it in time after my first draft failed

Lots of room to improve still, but it has to do for now. I cannot do better atm, my fingers hurt and I am dying to dumb things cause of exhaustion.
>do my most problematic sections first
>all is well
>actually die in Silent's where I've never died before
hell

Attached: circus2.jpg (1278x450, 161K)

Thanks, I'm trying right now to just flex my creative muscles instead of making overly challenging levels (while not being boring) since I never played MM1 and haven't really played any building games since banjo kazooie N&B.
Do you have a maker id? Didn't see ya pop up under my notifications, happy to check out one of your levels if it's not too hard for me. I usually play normal like a casual on endless and expert on co-op.

Attached: ajj.jpg (1000x1000, 170K)

>I was doing this wrong for twenty fucking minutes
what is wrong with me, I thought you had to flick the other shell up and catch it after you break the bricks.

don't be so hard on yourself. it wasn't bad at all.

All my stuff is this here , I started yours but then something came up and pulled me away but I’m back now and ready to dive in.

Also the title of your level caught my eye. I made a level with that exact title and a similar theme back in MM1. Only it was a ghost house that forcibly separates you from Yoshi and you down half the level trying to find him.

If you want to make a checkpoint with a Yoshi level, make it so there's a key/spring to the next section that can only be gotten by using Yoshi's tongue. This stage didn't really need it though. It's a pretty simple romp but it's a nice one. Can't see any problem that stood out.

ty for the tip, I was thinking of the tongue through wall gimmick. I was delighted when I found he couldn't be killed by the fire haha
I plan on expanding it to four sections in the future but definitely want to have a checkpoint if it ends up being that long. Also just putting in some deeper mechanics.

great minds think alike! I'll check out your stuff.

I ain't, I'm just saying that I know I dropped the ball and should've done more polish. That said I probably won't take part in future collabs, I don't think I can make quickly enough for them.

Honestly, letting other sections be cheesed makes the speedruns much more interesting
It's fine, don't be hard on yourself, just remember to improve for the next one

Ya'll too hard on yourselves, the collab is fun and cool and if every section looked the same it would be boring, every creator has their own style.

newest stage was very nice, polished, had me on my toes at the end there with the bob ombs breaking the bridge :p keep up the good work! bonus area was fun as well

who are some cool Mario Maker streamers that aren't fags?

>streamers
>not fags
pick one
jokes aside I would like to know this as well

>Don't go right
Felt kinda disjointed. The use of insta-kill spikes on the right path made it feel pretty Kaizo, but left path was just too easy,

Foxen
Ryukahr
Simpleflips he's probably a literal fag, but he's enjoyable to watch
Carl even though he's a walking soiboi stereotype fills a fun niche with the troll levels, but that's just my opinion and I could understand why others wouldn't enjoy watching him

Worst streamers that come to mind are Trihex, Poo, and Moonmoon.
Pangea is boring but I can respect his skillset and ability to make good SMW hacks.

>no mention of Barbarousking as far as bad streamers

at least Poo doesn't boo every single fucking stage he plays or has a DSP-esque laugh

I actually like poo but he isnt my top. Carl use to be my favorite but he needs to go back doing super expert instead of shit boring troll levels. Ryu is probably the most entertaining.

I hate trihex, barb, auertor(the bald boring guy), i dont even know who the fuck the moon guy is even though he is always the most watched, and dragon feeny just plays easy levels. And also all the bandwagon twitch streamers suck too like critikal and vinesauce. Also lol boogie was showcasing his levels yesterday and they were absolutely hot trash.

The boss battle to end all boss battles, casuals beware. You cannot beat this

VDC-659-1NF

I liked Buzzy Shell Ridin' but I felt like it should have been at least 2 wide for some of the later areas maybe. Jumping onto a moving shell like that without falling off feels rough.

BasedPlayChad here im going to boo the shit out of them faggot.

Every time I post a level here it seems to be shit. How do I make good levels? What do you like in your levels and what makes them fun for you?

Attached: 1541556772441.jpg (1000x1000, 73K)

Moon is an overwatch player I think, so he just has a bunch of viewers that watch no matter what. But yeah he's definitely the biggest fag.

All everyone here wants is alot of jumps and no boss battles

How about you start by playing the usuals here who post good levels.

> says someone who dies to Bowser Jr. and Boom Booms

Lmao shut the fuck up scrub sorry no1 can make a baby level for you.

@472353604
I think you got the wrong poster buddy

faggot noob

Playtest each section of your level 1,000 times and write down every little thing that pisses you off

Very much enjoyed this, especially the boss room. Great ways of using clouds without making it some crap where you just fly over everything, Good work!

I like all my levels though. I have shitty taste

Finished my first stage today. Short level of a 2D attempt at making Dust 2 from Counter Strike. You start at T Spawn, make your way through middle and double-doors, into CT spawn, and detonate the bomb on A to reveal the key from a crate. Again, it's short but I like how it turned out.

B2Q-6JV-F2H

Aight, sorry for the delay, was finishing a silly doodle for ya. I thought for a relative beginner at making you did great!

Challenges are straightforward and the way you loop around back to yoshi and him to you never really felt confusing or anything. I found some secrets too which is something I really like in stages.

Didn't really feel like a checkpoint was needed despite the length, and I couldn't find anything janky. The only thing I can really say is maybe spice up the scenery a bit. I don't mind if a stage looks kinda plain as long as the actual ground and stuff you maneuver on works well, and it does in this case I think. Interested to see what you make next.

[spoiler ]Also Nuts and Bolts was a fun building game too, ailbiet a bad Banjo one. [/spoiler]

Attached: Seperation Anxiety.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

these pipes feel fucking awful. The hitboxes on these munchers are awful and they should probably be regular piranha plants. Also the lava bubbles in the track segment should probably jump higher so you have a chance to see where they come out of

Thanks!

Persistent bully - CCD-M6W-LRG

Resident Evil 2 Mr. X inspired level.

smb bowsers are easy, if you stand in front of them they literally can't hit you

Of course it's you gewoody

thx for the play and suggestions user! I plan on making the mechanics deeper, probably speed up those tracks, and more interesting encounters in future versions (while not increasing the difficulty too significantly)
I originally intended for there to be four areas to clear, but I hit the limit on enemies/stage hazards, so I think I'll have to make the whole thing underground and utilize the 1st part of the world as well. Breaks the desert/pyramid theme a bit but oh well.

This game is a lot of fun though and I'm really glad I picked it up. Unironicallly I think I'd have it tied with sekiro and KH3 for my GOTY at the moment.

Attached: image.gif (400x320, 330K)

If you upload a stage with annoying overdone sound and visual effects especially cat paws, I'll give you a dislike regardless of quality and difficulty. You've been warned.

Collab user here, next collab, I'm thinking about themeing it around a power-up. Vote here for what you would like to see!
strawpoll.com/dxrh42r3

Attached: 1537378561354.gif (400x400, 732K)

>softlocked in the Yea Forums collab

ffffffffffffffff

Needs more Goomba - JK0-Q90-G0H
Level where the only enemies are goombas using various tactics.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game man. Yeah it’s a ton of fun, it’s pretty much been the only game I’ve played for the last month I just can’t put it down. Thanks for playing some of mine too! Happy to hear you dug em.

says the faggot shilling.

A couple of short speedrun levels:
LX1-226-YLG
S5G-59H-60G
Please let me know what I need to improve on.

no u

improve on everything literal shit just booed both because you are an obvious faggot.

Could anyone with a physical copy of the game scan me a copy of the cover and upload it here? I bought a copy of mm2 for $40 but it didn't come with a cover and I can't find scans fucking anywhere.

Attached: problems.jpg (365x363, 18K)

hi can we ban Zankioh from ever participating in the collabs ever ever ever a fucking gain?

I have a difficult, hopefully not too janky amateur kaizo

DR6-9VG-XTG

Feedback is always appreciated

Attached: smm2.png (733x426, 336K)

Koopas?

he's a good level designer who had a lapse in judgement

no, Zank's stupid on/off switch

Anyone like shitposts?

L2G-YP0-BHF

Attached: EAxbBEQUIAAcZM4.jpg (1280x720, 273K)

Do I have to get the fire flower in 20 second cash? Kept dying trying to get speed up after. Felt a bit too hard to me but I usually don't play those types of levels to be fair

I made a level based around the skull lift. It's pretty hard but I think it's fun once you get the hang of it.
BXM-4RQ-1FF

Feedback would be great

Attached: 1563842408695.jpg (480x480, 20K)

trash
lel fag shit
stop shilling garbage

Boos for all

Neat level with a couple shortcomings, but overall really good. Gave me an idea for a don't jump hammer power-up level I'm working on.

not sure it's necessarily their fault, like 4 of the 6 parts in the collab had jankiness and/or softlocks as they were just sorta cobbled together with little instruction and each one was made in like 3 hours tops.

If collab user is still here it'd be a good idea to deliberate a little with the collaborators and other anons for the next one before diving in with the clear checking. Also probably for the best to encourage normal/expert difficulty for each part, as well as a limit of 60 seconds or so to beat it

>472363063
high quality post

Holy fuck based

for what it is (a goomba spam stage) it's okay I suppose. Pretty creative ways of using just goombas.

Thanks for the feedback user. What do feel were the shortcomings?

Fuck off

Really need a checkpoint at the ! block part I think. Also, in the crate part maybe you should have put the bully in a hallway, crates are way too wonky when they are loose and stacked high. Would have gotten the same point across while looking cooler and being more consistent. Sure it would have been easier, but I think easy is definitely okay, especially in a themed level. Felt the bullet bill part was just kind of spammy and ridiculous, too, but that is just personal opinion.

wow bro, you're so based and redpilled how do I get to be as based and redpilled as you?

No you don't, just the coins

Yeah, I definitely need to lay stronger guidelines, you can blame this one on me. On the bright side, that just means that next one will be better about cheese and softlocks. I already know a couple rules that will definitely fix well over half the issues we ran into.
As little direction as I did give, I'm still impressed with what was created regardless, but in the future I'll hopefully have it more concrete. This power-up poll can hopefully give all our creators a clear direction and phase out cheesing powerups out of sections, as it will be required regardless in every section.

Loved it. Great way to use the bully in different puzzles and hazards!

why has there been no hint of an update or anything, we had an update for the first one like two weeks after release... is it, dare I say, soulless?

>we had an update for the first one like two weeks after release
That's not how I remember it

do you guys put secrets in your levels

Attached: red-hot castle rush.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

ST8-H27-B3G. Came out this morning, speedrun level that's actually really easy if you pay attention and can jump on enemies.

New course! Feedback welcome
Desert Pains Part 1: Sandboxin'
QG9 VLB QWG
SMB3 desert level with a couple secrets to be found within. There's a leaf somewhere in the sand dunes.

Other levels:
Clean up on Warship Delta: BHV 5J9 XNG

New! Start!: WN8 5G1 1WG

absolutely trash booed and never playing again.

lmao you outed yourself as a faggot who makes trash levels

please design an actual level next time

Play through the story mode. Get ideas. Design appropriately. Don't be a kaizo turbofaggot.

Given that it's a 20 second level with a piss easy mechanic, it's real enough for literally one person out of like 60 to complete.

>the absolute state of mario players

Attached: 1327280680296.jpg (161x175, 5K)

I currently have the WR, retard.

liar

>observational puzzle in a level where you have to go fast with distractions that will kill you
>using RNG dependent bowser fireballs for something like this
>insta-kill in the beginning
>spamming down enemies because ???
Could this be any more malicious? Go make something that didn't take 5 minutes to fart out.

Attached: 20s soy run.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

>secrets
My level itself is the secret because nobody ever sees it.

post code

>"observational" "puzzle" (lit. invisible kaizo block) with distractions that force you to move fast
>RNG kameks and RNG bowser fire
>insta-kill
>enemy spam
>random sfx
I'm glad you played it so I didn't have to

If you upload the scan and post your email I'll paypal you a couple bucks. someone pls help

Attached: rain.gif (700x900, 196K)

why would i own a scanner in 2019

they're built into most printers now.

>Porcupuffer Pursuit

N38-JGD-QWG

>The Library

D72-1RK-FWF

>Sky Tour

WNV-LV4-NNF

>Goin' Down in Bully Town

9RG-9DN-LKG

Attached: 571px-Toadette_MLPJ.png (571x599, 345K)

Pour one out for that user, cuz I just witnessed a nigga get shot

Attached: 1552885293040.png (190x360, 96K)

no one posts because all they want to do is shill and the thread is almost over

>Porcupuffer Pursuit
the beginning is a bit too crazy, probably going to put off a lot of people

you're probably right, I'll leave it for now. Might take a look at a change in the future.

Attached: 436px-Toadette_MPA_artwork.jpg (436x599, 40K)

Why is it that my super expert runs are always ended by bullshit. I dont even skip anymore because by the time I skip ive lost 10 lives and its just more bullshit afterwards. Just got a level where you only have to do 1 mid air spring jump over a pit. Spring jumps are so inconsistent. The jump isnt even hard, just no markers and an inconsistent jump where you die if you miss.

super expert is like hell but for bad levels

4CX-4T8-K0H

It's an Alian invasion themed level I'm not hapoy with the sevond half of my level so feed back would help

Attached: 20190727_193124.jpg (4032x3024, 2.69M)

cute level but honestly it just needs more platforming. i played it twice and it was more fun to go through the beginning without the clown car and there is literally no platforming going on at all in the second section until you get to the boss.

Puzzle level in 3DWorld style.
>>J35-4CF-BQF

Attached: 1557642436946.jpg (960x795, 203K)

>Porcupuffer Pursuit
I actually like the idea here but I feel like the first section is a little too cramped. You’ll end up getting a bunch of japanese kids booing and skipping your level right off the bat, so if that’s something you’re worried about you might wanna change it.
>The Library
I really liked the on-off block puzzle, it’s neat.
>Sky Tour
Not a ton I can say about this one past I’m not a huge fan of autoscrollers. It was fine.
>Goin’ Down in Bully Town
For a first level this was actually pretty well made.

I played the rest of your levels too but I feel like that’ll take up a ton of space in the thread.

Really great level but super long.

Made a sick level, play it lads and tell me what you think. Need to time your wall jumps on the moving cannon to avoid/squeeze by all the shit thrown at you.
D57-S1W-KSG

Attached: 5899EC4B-A50B-41E2-8AEB-94FB67C1BDD1.jpg (640x480, 62K)

It's only long if you're bad.

Shilling my two levels again
LGN-K78-0LG
BVG-V11-J2G
One is a lot easier, but I’m looking for criticism and advice for good difficult level design ideas because I have no creativity.

y

>472312375
Bomb the Muslim goombas and take their oil.

Go USA.

S33-BBK-RRF

Attached: Air Raid.png (710x392, 512K)

>13 min WR
well alright then

>13 min
>Long
I swear, MM players have the shortest attention span. Miss my LBP days.

the mole's lair
JWT-SY4-3JF

Treasure of the Sierra madre
BB2-DRF-CGG

our friend the bomb (puzzle/escort level)
SC9-TF5-XFF

please rate/criticize, I really like how mole's lair turned out

Attached: 1562114468537.jpg (409x409, 38K)

Watch your head - QCW-B5K-Y0H
The first level I uploaded, seemed to have gotten a good reception and the most liked of my first few uploads. It's all about using the helmet item to protect yourself.

Fuckin lold

long levels are fine but the timer doesn't last that long. there isn't a single person that has played your level that hasn't died from a time out and had to start over from a checkpoint.

Attached: 1470173619434.png (577x546, 67K)

Fire Yoshi's Inferno. Castle with rising lava and plenty of red Yoshis. Have fun.
L0K-120-LFG

>dat wilhelm screen knocking the koopa off the ledge

Attached: 1547525172568.jpg (230x216, 34K)

Where can I find info on sprite limits and such? I'm nervous about making a large section made out of hard blocks

are hard blocks part of the object limit? i dont think they are.

Nintendo's fault.

The ship level has great momentum based platforming

It's your fault for not conforming to the paradigms of the designing platform you were provided with. It's not Nintendo's fault, it's your fault for designing a course that isn't suited to the medium.

How do people upload these without dev exits?

I wish you could make some one way walls either invisible to the player or less visual

not in a trap sort of way but its just ugly thematically

I almost got there within the time limit, he probably hauled ass from the get-go.

Nigga, if you're a decent player that is familiar with the controls and 3DW style you can figure out all the shit on the go. But most MM players are literal brainlets. Also, I have even longer level.
By not being a shitter.

They know how to beat the level as efficiently as possible from the get-go.

Is it possible to reset any data like play history or even notifications? Or to start fresh with a new maker profile? I'm guessing it isn't, since all of your personal stats are related to other players. I'd like to at least clear my notifications at some point. It would also be nice to get to re-rate levels if I liked or boo'd one accidentally.

god I wish you could set where a magikoopa can or cant teleport to

Is there a limit to how many courses show in played courses?

Thanks, brotha. Same deal for liked courses I assume?

Yup.

>Put mushroom in CP
>Spawn at that CP during upload attempt
>Doesn't spawn me with mushroom
I thought putting items in CPs made you spawn with them from that CP, what the fuck

can you attach sounds to enemies?

yes

no, just when you get it the first time. aka its fugging useless

how

I spent minutes on making that part work properly. I'm glad someone appreciated it.

Spiny Invasion - XGF-56Q-QPG
There are loads of spinies, on the ground, so you have to use crates to make a safer path.

Drag the sound onto the enemy, obviously. But how do you change sound tone?

You just have to do a tiny hop, always works for me - and even if you were to mess it up it'll only cost you a second or so

>if you pay attention
>just find the hidden blocks lol

>How can you not know that there's a hidden block next to a p-switch? The area is 2x2 so another block could fit so obviously that's the reason! God, why can't the player be as good at puzzles as the person who designed it?

fuck puzzlefags

you guess? so you're not actually sure? are you retarded?

When I'm making a puzzle I always go back and make it easier once it's done by removing anything that's too hard to figure out assuming no knowledge. But most puzzlefags don't do that because they want to seem supah smart by having da hardest puzzle evar! Really makes me sad to call myself a puzzlefag. At least it's not as bad as kaizoshits.

>tfw no playable Bowsette

Attached: nobowsette.gif (245x263, 2.75M)

>Place arrows and letters on the wall
>People never even notice them

youtube.com/watch?v=83sATZp0gaA

christ

Thread dead baby thread dead

>hand still hurts from all the WR attempts last night
boomer body giving in

Raiding Mole Raider Hideout - V0M-7JQ-4VG

The monty mole raiders ambush you, so you return the favor.

Attached: monty mole.png (400x444, 145K)

based mole bro
gonna play your level in a bit just gotta go do something really quick

That was cool man. Love the idea and whole theme of it. The suicide bomber moles and the boss fight made me laugh. Great stuff.

Apparently my mole trials have briefly appeared in the popular section or something, otherwise I don't know why they'd suddenly have +100 plays overnight.

Definitely NOT the level you want in popular. Think I gained about 8 likes only from those 100 plays and probably plenty of boos.

>remotely hard and unforgiving level gets on popular
>maker score starts to tank

Attached: 1555127161471.jpg (618x619, 65K)

Feels bad man, what can be done?

make a sellout easy stage to recover

>try really hard making good challenging levels
>will never make it to popular tab

>check out popular 20sec speedrun with over 80k plays and almost 25k likes
>looks dangerous but actually you literally just run right and jump a few times, that's it
I don't mind the concept of 20sec speedruns but at least make the players have to do something even remotely challenging, like maybe control their jump height or landing position or whatnot

You can get into popular with just about any course. The problem is staying in it and not getting your like ratio ruined instantly, not to speak of the incoming boos.

Today's the day I finally clear check my level.

Make a really easy version to please the masses who can't handle a little difficulty.

Unless your level gets insanely fuckoff popular, "remotely challenging" won't get likes. I built a really piss easy 20sec level the other day, and it's got something like 5/100.

Yeah no I understand that, it's just frustrating that people just want the level to look dangerous but almost play itself.

It's not a "kaizo block" because it doesn't interrupt your jumps, idiot. Hell, the description message says "pay attention to coin locations".

>it's a Japanese NSMBU ground theme speed run

S K I P

>its japanese
SKIP

Garbage