Criminally Underrated

>has immersive fast travel
>movement system that isn't full blown retard
>kick-ass magic mechanics
>very good bow play
>pawns are more competent than followers and can be traded with other people.
>can role-play as a goblin-slayer
>actual dragons
>the best combat system
>actually decent character customization
>amazing base equipments that aren't linearly tiered.
>wolves hunt in packs

What happened?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1920x1080, 435K)

Everyone loves it and it has a shitton of ports.
We just are waiting for the sequel when they get the budget they asked for originally so they make more than 1/3 of their original idea.

>can role-play as a goblin-slayer
You mean as guts

Dragon's Dogma is not a good game, but it's also one of the best I've ever played.

Attached: Dragon's Dogma - Cave exploration.webm (720x450, 2.95M)

there are things I like about it, but I just don't find it to be any fun
and I really hate how autistic the characters and story are, and I don't mean the way they talk (which I like)
capcom seems to be staffed with actual autists; I see it in all their games

>5 enemy types in the game
>terrible story poorly integrated into the gameplay
>ps2 graphics
>interesting skills only unlock 4 hours into the game
>repetitive spammed dialog makes you wish you could murder your pawns
>can't walk more than 5 steps before having to fight another pack of wolves
Strength in numbers arisen

Dragons Dogma 2 is about the only game that could be announced and I would actually be excited about.

Attached: 1562340966598.jpg (720x889, 75K)

>running to far away locations to place teleport crystals is somehow immersive
>pawns that won't shut up, do piss poor damage, have shit AI, mostly exist to be heal/buff monkeys in early game and give you huge stat bonuses for ditching them are "good"
>most spells are pointless and do less damage than using holy focused bolts most of the time
>using most of the classes means gimping yourself
>missable quests that give shit rewards by the time you can do them again
>warrior is straight up shit because it has fewer skill slots and no ranged attacks
>enemy spam in BBI that only exists to run past to get to Daimon
Eh

Let me add
>capital city dead as a cemetery
>ass music except for title screen
>broken physics
>boring minmaxing
>no mounts
>amateur level of voice acting except for Grigori
>shovelware levels of finition

We sail together on this wretched boat.

Attached: F14AD7FE-1EE9-444C-B570-33C130AE2729.png (750x762, 599K)

more like criminally overrated. unfinished kaka game with shit graphics and half the vocations are unplayable 1 spell spamming bullshit. fuck you and fuck this game faggot

>Criminally underrated
No?
Everyone here sucks capcom's cock and begs for dd2 even when half of the people has only seen cherrypicked webm

>soaked to the bone!

>running to far away locations to place teleport crystals is somehow immersive

More immersive than opening a map, clicking a location and teleporting there, negating to point of making an open world to begin with.

It lacked any real role playing or an engaging story which is something you expect from a RPG.
In essence it felt like an amazing action rpg fantasy game tied behind MMO tier story characters and quests but at the same time they way the story is told is like your typical JRPG only its not an interesting story.

Imagine if the game kept its combat but on top of this had the kind of quests and story you find in Witcher Baldurs gate 2 or hell even Elder Scrolls games.

Attached: 1553966026211.jpg (749x780, 114K)

>yfw the shitty kikeflix adaptation will be shit

>absolutely retarded leveling system
>generic quests
>weird lore with lots of unnecessary stuff like why you can't swim
>whole pawn system is boring, something like tavern system with actual characters would've been much better
>loot system is retarded
>equipment is boring
>balance is pretty much non-existent
>pause healing
DD has amazing combat and an interesting to explore world but pretty much everything else is from mediocre to bad. I wish it didn't try so hard to be an RPG and was just an open-world action game.

I actually like Dragon's Dogma but everything you said was a empty buzzword bordering on mongoloid levels of retardation

It WAS criminally underrated in 2012. In 2019 it's criminally overrated.

It's talked about constantly, been re-released and ported 500 fucking times and it's still just a janky half-finished mess with terrible graphics which amassed a (now rabid) fanbase despite those and many other flaws.

It is not a very good game.

Bump

Just because it's better than nothing, doesn't make it good. Immersive fast traveling would be through ingame means like boats etc, like in Morrowimd.