Was dragon age Inquisition the end for EA/Bioware?

Was dragon age Inquisition the end for EA/Bioware?
>Always online
>Microtransactions
>Save imports locked behind EA account
>Only on Origin
>Massively bloated early game with no endgame
>Locked content behind DLC
>Useless crating
>Terrible skills
>Horrible reddit tier writing
>over half the cast is gay
>damage sponge enemies
>The villain is shit
>massive grind

Attached: 5c2e0e5a5bafe3eefd3bb3e2.jpg (600x351, 44K)

This game required online to play? Wasn't it a single player game?

i pirated it so I have no idea if any of that stuff is true. absolute shit game though. some of the character interactions were fairly innovative and interesting since almost no one was doing them. Everything else was a slog but I give it decent marks for immersion in the game world.

DA2

Yes it was singleplayer but I believe it had some multiplayer functionality. If you played offline all bonus content was locked (All DLC and preorder bonuses). If you did have preorder bonuses and tried to play offline there was a bug that wouldn't let you because "you need to download your preorder bonuses" but you can't do that offline.

Its the game where they hope to fail and be released from EA's tight grip.

How many people at bioware do you think had to see a therapist because of this game?

not enough

I bet about 5 people attempted suicide for that opening area alone

I liked it.

those are sound complaints but
>damage sponge enemies
just play artificer rogue and abuse the throwing blades passive, I did that with a bow and it was the most broken shit
might be a bug actually, but it's not like it's getting fixed, ever

the second one was shit too

this

BioWare is not BioWare at this point, just let it die.

Unironically how is this game?
Thinking of jumping back into it because I'm bored, last time I played I got bored really early because I just kept running around doing sidequests in the first couple areas and was barely making actual progress. I've since read that its much better if you ignore the side shit because its all boring. As antithetical as this is to an RPG, is this true? Would I enjoy it if I cut out the side quests? I liked Mass Effect, bar Andromeda.

It's a damn chore. People say the last DLC is fine but it doesn't make up for the boring slog the game itself is.

>Unironically how is this game?
Outside of a few headnods to the previous games it's like they never happened. So, if you DON'T want a dragon age game then this one is for you.

Yes. I really liked DA:O and the ME trilogy and even played through DA:2 more than once, so I'd pre-ordered DA:I and avoided all spoilers. From the moment the first cutscene appeared, I just knew it was going to be the worst fucking load of shit I'd have the misfortune of playing. The only reason I finished it is because I'd spent money on it and couldn't get it back.
The only enjoyable thing was Corypheus cutscenes, they'd put some really cool music whenever he'd show up.

Mass Effect 2

i couldn't even bear to finish the tutorial .....
now it sitting somewhere in my house i forgot even where i put it

>*is unskippable in your path*

Attached: dragonagedawnwillcome.jpg (1200x680, 68K)

You don't like a Disney singalong right after you meet the main villain?

>We fucking hate you, you're some sort of terrorist that killed thousands of people
>We're keeping you alive just because you have amnesia
>???
>You're Jesus, here's control of all of our forces

>camera pans over characters joining in to sing
>pauses on Solas who just stands there with a "you retarded fucks" look on his face

I hope DA4 ends with him destroying the entire world.

I don't know what's worse, having to sit through this whole sequence or seeing youtube comments saying they were actually moved to tears by this cheap, soulless garbage.

Attached: 1424798247131.png (385x337, 99K)

It's pretty sad that the "bonus ending" is the best ending. Even though it was little more than Bioware going "to be continued... maybe"

I'd say the little pilgrimage section and you dressed in white supple leather for the rest of the game was the worst part.

>tfw this man knew that what he created was shit but normie plebs convinced him it was actually good
This is how the industry keeps getting worse.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1339x822, 108K)

DA2 fucked up what was so great about DA:O but could still have been developed to be better than what DA:I turned into
exactly what happened with the Mass Effect series only at least ME3 had a fun multiplayer mode which DA2 could have really used and benefited from

Considering it's their last praised game and normies will eat whatever DA4 turns out to be up no, even if I might agree with a few of your criticisms of it. Andromeda and Anthem flopping are what has Bioware now on life support.
also
>end of EA
lolno
EA will never die until the zombie hordes who keep eating up FIFA games like they're gold and consistently keep it as the #1 selling game finally wise up.
my pirated version didn't require that and I still had the dlc and shit so I'm pretty sure he's memeing, either that or he fell for the buying games meme
I liked the main story but yeah they made most of the zones way too big and mmo like with not much extra content for their size. If you liked the other 2 games (and if you haven't at the least played origins for gods sake do it) and have time on your hands I'd play it once.

You need to play a female elf mage to get the most out of Solas's character and therefore the most out of the story.

I played a Dwarf warrior and only the deeproads dlc was any better for it.

Yeah, that shit sucked.

>damage sponge enemies
Outside of the highest difficulty, which is false difficulty anyways, nothing takes that long to kill outside of dragons and the best builds nuke them in a minute or less.

This. You have to play a specific character race, gender, and class combo to get the most lore.

All DA games were perfectly enjoyable, just don't pay for them

It’s pretty obvious that dwarf and qunari were really last minute additions. I recall camera bugs where it was focused on where a human/elf’s face would be, so dwarf it’s hovering over their head or facing the Qunari’s chest.

It's not very good. The Build-a-Bastion castle is cute but not very meaningful, a lot of your decisions seem and actually are quite pointless, facebook-tier gameplay involving your war report or whatevever it was, most of your allies suck, the general combat is lacking and downright bad at times and the MP is completely pointless.
I still think that Isabella is cute.

go woke go broke

Did you forget the flat damage reduction enemies get if they're just a few levels above you?

The one thing that truly, really pissed me off was the inability to directly set how much of some shit I wanted to buy and having to autistically increase the amount one by one.

This is the biggest nono to me
>Can't complete the first area because that hidden castle has enemies twice your level
>Forced to go off to a city which serves as little more than a transitional hub and do a quest to advance the story
>Going to the third area is impossible and you will get oneshot
>You can now go back to the first area and do 90% of the content
>You can now go to the third area and do the story missions, but nothing else because you will get oneshot
>You can now go back to the first area and do the last 10% of content
>You can now go to the fourth area and do runs from the fourth and third area
>You can also now afk in the fourth area and level up to level 13-15 and skip the next two areas worth of sidequests
>You are now free to do content as you please