Game has more than an hour of cutscenes

>game has more than an hour of cutscenes
>Yea Forums calls it a movie

Attached: 1558066525457.jpg (475x476, 31K)

maybe it shouldn't have more than an hour of cutscenes then, chump

>try to play game
>can't, need to watch characters have drama first
fuck movies

>game has more cutscenes than gameplay
>Yea Forums righteously call it a movie

Attached: 1494903270024.png (700x559, 804K)

>start game
>40 minutes of introduction before any gameplay start
I SURE DO LOVE PLAYING FUCKING VIDEO GAMES

>game is a movie
>/v calls it a movie

Based

>u-uncharted IS a game, it has gameplay segments!!
>press A to climb
>press A to shoot 25 goons
>press A to swing on a rope
>press A to punch black woman but still lose

Attached: 1411258471006.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>A button on a playstation pad
fucking retard kys

Attached: 4theplayers.webm (1280x720, 1.8M)

how would I know, I didn't spend $400+tax+tip for a $60-movie machine

The problem is not the cutscenes, its when the gameplay is basically a cutscene, such as "press X to watch the character play the fun climbing session of the game".

Attached: enslaved.jpg (600x600, 69K)

I fucking love video games

Attached: 1443109194784-1.webm (1262x518, 1.38M)

>"Game" has 44 hours of cutscenes and is 48% cutscenes
>Yea Forums calls it a game

Attached: 1551810711207.jpg (738x302, 106K)

Same applies to you.
Games should only be called "movies" if the gameplay itself is so fucking automatic it is basically a movie.
The only game that gets unjustly called a movie is Metal gear solid 1 and 2, as there's enough gameplay on those games to warrant a second disk made ENTIRELY out of the gameplay, while many games released on the last and this generation would only have a floppy disk of gameplay content.

I'd say that that's pretty fair desu

>more than an hour
>a movie
Correct

>unjustly called a movie is Metal gear solid 1 and 2
But the Metal Gear Solid games are among the forerunners of movie games. All you need to do is compare them to their contemporaries to see how shallow they are.

Attached: Stealth game level design.jpg (650x519, 55K)

At least 2's Substance edition had shit ton of VR missions that were arcade-y as fuck.

isn't that about Doom vs Halo?

You should take a look at the MGS map.
Also while the game is quite linear in terms of general progression, there's still a shitton of ways to beat each room, while on modern "movie games" they use shit like covers to force you to do EXACTLY what the director wants, "do what we want or the instakill zone will kill you, but you will be sent exactly to the start of this room so you can do it right this time"

Attached: fixed for the future.jpg (2161x997, 295K)

The MGS games are explicitly trying to feel like a movie, right down to title cards. What kind of fucking moron doesn't call them movie games?

i dont care what Yea Forums says i love kojima games

>there's still a shitton of ways to beat each room
Not compared to Thief, Hitman, or Splinter Cell. The MGS "games" are devoid of any sort of mechnical nuance, not to mention that they constantly force the player into scripted action sequences.

They are games trying to convey the movie feel, not the derogatory term, where the game is designed to be an acting simulator rather than an actual situation.
The "movie game" tries to force you to play it exactly as intended, "go behind this cover and shoot the semi moving targets skinned as enemies with one of those three identical guns, then press X to trigger the cutscene that shows your character jumping".
On MGS, its more of a "the guns are on those places, you can get em if you want, and the enemies work like this, so try to deal with em"

Yes, they're not as technically complex as those games, but compare it with something like Max Payne 3.

lmao dont you have anything better to do
how many times are you gonna make this exact post

>game has less than hour of cutscenes
>cutscenes are mostly just used as a short break after beating a level and to set up the next one
>game doesn't entirely rely on cutscenes to tell the story, story is also being told through level and enemy design

Attached: 1553688032051.gif (200x200, 288K)

It is, when it's one hour with no gameplay in between.

Attached: 1535026994117.jpg (772x696, 134K)

>they think this is justification for not being able to skip them
dropped
the only games i replay have less than 5 minutes total in scenes. i understand some games have to have them because they were made 30 years ago and it was the "new thing", but any game made after 1995 shouldn't have forced story. it makes it unbearable to replay an otherwise fun game.

If the game is like 8 hours long and full of real time in game scripted events yeah it's a movie game.
It's about balance, if an rpg has a few hours of cutscenes but is like 40 hours long that's not bad, but if a game has 2-3 hours of cutscenes but is only 6 hours long, yes it's a movie game.

have you played any hack and slash in your life

>Buy Yakuza game with 10+ entries
>Well documented what you're in for
>Still complain

Yes i did, and they don't tease you as this game does.

How many movies have you bought/pirated on your PC then?

>they think this is justification for not being able to skip them
I never said that. I think you should always be able to skip cutscenes. But I find around an hour of total cutscenes is good, more than that and it starts to become too much.

>Movie games bad
>Yakuza, Final Fantasy, Persona, Metal Gear good

Attached: NPCgrug.jpg (480x448, 21K)

>But I find around an hour of total cutscenes is good
Also I guess that's for a game that's around 10-15 hours, so the cutscene time shouldn't go over around 10% of actual play time.

>David Cage games good
>Yakuza,Final Fantasy, Persona, Metal Gear bad

Attached: aiportraits_1563573982.jpg (512x512, 22K)

>Spend more time in a game watching cutscenes than playing
>call it a movie
WOW

I agree despite enjoying MGS4

>its when the gameplay is basically a cutscene, such as "press X to watch the character play the fun climbing session of the game".

or Hold O to win

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Can you go faster/Grind less if you use the game options, like it is with the older FFs?

Games like Uncharted are trying to make you feel like you're watching a movie

Games like Fahrenheit are trying to make you feel like you're making a movie

>Can you go faster/Grind less if you use the game options

I am pretty sure you could but the game is so fucking easy and casual pandering (hell, the director WANTED to pander to casuals) that you don't need to waste AP to buy the extra combat moves

Attached: 1538265408487.jpg (749x1111, 178K)

Ouch.

3 hours is the point of absurdity for me

>admits to never having played the game
>posts about the experience of playing the game
Retard

>world building bad

Attached: yeah.jpg (600x450, 50K)

>1 hour 32 minutes of cutscenes
>normal playthrough takes 15 to 20 hours
>somehow is a "movie"

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Attached: tlou.jpg (644x452, 80K)

the ratio of gameplay to cutscene is what is important.
A game like MGS4 is a movie because the ratio is 1:2
ideally should have 2:1 ratio maximum. depending on what kind of game even this might be considered too much

>game has more than an hour of cutscenes
>it's a nintendo exclusive or available on pc
>10/10, GOTY!!!
friendly reminder that xenoblade 2, pokemon sun/moon, and telltale "games" are always conveniently left out of the "movie game" meme. gee, i wonder why that is the case.

>xenoblade 2, pokemon sun/moon,
more gameplay than story

>and telltale "games"
no fucking idea. Those are basically "choose your own adventure" books

bad world building is bad, and modern games have shit world building

>10 hours walking and talking

I don't think anyone denies telltale "games" are movies, though to be honest I never went in the threads because I don't like normie trash like walking dead and I definitely don't like these "games" where they lie about your different choices changing how things play out at different points of the story.

it's okay when half-life does it.

It's not.

It's called atmosphere and there's lot of action along the way unless you pick the easiest difficulty.

>start game
>20 minutes of unskippable cut scenes
>die before the first save point

Attached: 1533230756328.jpg (1024x683, 91K)

>Character can lift a giant fucking sword and leap 40 feet in the air with ease or cast spells which could level a decent size city
>They struggle when holding a single person by the arm so they don't fall in a cutscene

Attached: 74c (2).jpg (899x752, 188K)

Your fault for playing a shitty game that doesn't autosave every five seconds.