You guys told me his name was Erdrick, what the fuck???

You guys told me his name was Erdrick, what the fuck???

Attached: 8D2E60BB-521D-4C4B-971D-9179C39EBEE0.png (899x889, 657K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dwqh2IjrxfM
youtu.be/ciLEX04BVFM?t=105
mynintendonews.com/2019/07/30/hero-from-dragon-quest-joins-super-smash-bros-ultimate-today/
youtu.be/_Y0m6utSyvE
wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Gate_Travel
wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Energy_Field
youtube.com/watch?v=N7XxrU84ifg
dragon-quest.org/wiki/Category:Dragon_Quest_IV_official_art
pinterest.com/diepdinhchuong/akira-toriyama-transportation/
vocaroo.com/i/s08PswOhIDhv
youtu.be/myjd1MnZx5Y
youtu.be/hh6J1pp2cqA
youtu.be/MOX4nd8zHIg
youtu.be/wLQCrTgPBLk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIrb1ThcVYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a title

>Japanese designs

Attached: 1559337824967.gif (375x375, 179K)

Erdrick/Loto/Roto is his title bestowed upon him by the king of Alefgard. That's the name history remembers him by, whatever name you gave him is lost to time by the era of the first game. If you play as the chick people don't even remember that the legendary hero had a very nice pair of tits.

No, we told you that Erdrick was a title. In fact, I think at least one person brought up the drama CD name, but was then shot down as it being non-canon. I guess we can put that to bed now, Arusu is considered his real name internally by SE. I'm more shocked about Solo though.

No, it's Frederick

why are you shocked at Solo, that one is found in-game

Because Default names are almost always just considered as in-jokes and 4's game is the only one that even had a default if you don't input anything.

They couldn’t shill all the other games and the newest one if they just stuck Erdrich in. $$$$

>Arusu

It sounds like a Japanese guy saying "arse". His name is Arse.

they're more embarrasing to look at than fire emblem characters, the most you can say to defend them is b-but toriyama (though these particular characters are as dull and boring as can be even by his standards)

Arthur actually

You are what they eat, as they say.

That's aasaa.

I was trying to figure that one out. Man, now everything makes sense. Legendary hero, restores the light to a world of darkness, Alefgard, said that one day his descendant/incarnation would return to save the world once more.

Erdrick is the dumb western localization of Loto. Loto is a title given to the Hero in III, not his actual name.

if you want to make it sound similar to english sure, but we're talking on their take

Seethe

HIS NAME IS ARSE.

I'm no Jap layman when it comes to romaji conventions so please explain to me the intricacies of western names having more than one Jap romaji convention. Because to me it really does sound like it's supposed to be Arse unless I'm missing something.

Attached: ee5.jpg (328x330, 34K)

he's still there tho

Attached: erdrick.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

depends on whether you stress r or not, like some kana-ing they just use the elongation for r, but sometimes they don't

People are really only defending Toriyama's artstyle due to nostalgia. He's not a good character designer and never was. It's pure shit compared to how the medium evolved.

Erdrick is a title. You even hear him call him Erdrick in the video. The fact that they used the name Arasu makes me wonder, if 5 was in, would he be Madason or Abel?

>Frederick

youtu.be/Dwqh2IjrxfM

Attached: Frederick_(FE13_Artwork).png (1320x3620, 3.59M)

This goes to show Erdrickfags have always been bandwagonners who actually don't play the games

Attached: D91gcp5XoAAzKWk.jpg (320x295, 18K)

The monsters in Dragon Quest (and Chrono and the other games he's worked on) have more personality than 99% of games. His girls are hot. And most of the gag/side characters are great. You're just focusing on the stock hero, who is suppose to be stoic and not emote on purpose. While ignoring everyone else. Because you know your argument falls apart if you look beyond the heroes.

Attached: 1560383505129.jpg (1024x768, 222K)

So when is he comin out

You will be cleansed from earth one day, you and all the other filth that use such "words" and we will all be the better for it.

Arasu is a name from a Japanese drama CD. Erdrick/Roto is the title he gets at the end of his game and is what he's referred to as in 1, 2, and anything else that references him. Sakurai even called him Erdrick in the video. Why they used the name Arasu I'm not sure. Maybe because 11 also has the title Erdrick technically.

You're a cunt.

Do we know what time he drops?

Not that guy, but if you ask me, Toriyama is good at making neat monsters and mechs that are full of personality and... that's about it. Most of his human designs are pretty boring and/or plain.
>His girls are hot
that doesn't mean good design.

Today.

TONIGHT

Attached: squilliam.jpg (512x384, 28K)

This looks literally the exact same as The Hero of Light from Final Fantasy 1.
80s JRPGs really were just carbon copies of each other huh

>His girls are hot.
As someone who actually likes Toriyama's art, practically all of the girls in Dragon Quest just amount to "Bulma with a different hair and eye color"

Attached: 22e.jpg (837x1150, 221K)

Are you implying that Bulma isn't hot?

Erdrick/Roto/Loto is a title
His name is Arusu Erdrick

9 PM EST

Ok underage faggot.

>80's JRPGs really were just carbon copies of Dragon Quest
Ftfy

T-T-T-T-T
TONIGHT?!?!?!

Fuck you I'm right and you know it

Attached: Dissidia_Warrior_of_Light.png (816x1403, 930K)

Imagine being a clueless zoomer criticizing the most influential mangaka of all time...

i'll just call him sword gohan

She's an old hag!

Attached: saggy.png (985x934, 468K)

Akira Toriyama has made some of the most iconic and recognizable Characters in all of history. You're delusional to even begin criticizing his work.

>posts an image drawn by a guest artist in Shounen Jump, not Toriyama
Also, most artists have similar looking characters. Tales fans don't spend every thread bitching about how similar Fujishima Kosuke's characters look. Despite literally every male character looking like Keiichi. People focus on Akira Toriyama because Dragon Ball is the most popular anime worldwide. Yet he clearly has drawn characters that don't look like anyone in Dragon Ball.

And it still doesn't change how his monsters and object designs are so unique.

Attached: dquest.jpg (960x1200, 360K)

Now way in hell this can be real
>What the fuck?
What the fuck

his shield is not round!

Attached: Dragon_warrior.jpg (736x1050, 217K)

He looks like the Hero of Light because Final Fantasy literally copied Dragon Quest. They even put a joke about it in Final Fantasy 1. And it's not the last time Final Fantasy "borrowed" a design from Dragon Quest.

Attached: psaro_sephiroth.jpg (620x320, 35K)

They literally say Erdrick in the direct
youtu.be/ciLEX04BVFM?t=105

Attached: 1554917423375.gif (284x247, 1.26M)

One of the reasons I can't get behind the new Sakura Wars character designs is because they look too much like Bleach characters.
I know Kubo's a good artist but it just bugs me a little.

erdick is his title

that design of psaro literally exist after FF7 though...

JRPGs are a unoriginal soulless genere

Final Fantasy is better than Dragon Quest, as the former ACTUALLY has Western appeal. Only retarded chinks like Dragon Quest.

>in all of history.

yikes...

more soul than fps or sports shit honestly

I get your point, but at the same time wonder what the hell do people expect? For artists to suddenly get a completely new artstyle?

>image drawn by a guest artist in Shounen Jump
...really? Huh, I stand corrected
>And it still doesn't change how his monsters and object designs are so unique.
Agreed. Toriyama's mech designs in particular are really good

Attached: 355cbcfb662b2faabcd5f5581c715140.jpg (562x851, 108K)

Is Akira Toriyama the only good Mangaka artist out there? All of his work is so full of so much soul it's unfathomable.

Banjo is so much cooler than this generic sword fairy

Isn't the katakana for Arthur literally Aaa-Sa?

*used to

Dragonball is kino
Z/Kai/Super are not

>they're all either Bulma, Launch, Videl, or Pan with different hairstyles
how did i not notice this before

The only thing similar here is the hair and the long sword

That's anime for you

>kino
Not even close.

Murata but he does everything digitally so I don't know how soulful that is.

>kino
kill yourself

And?

Z is still "Dragon Ball" and Kai is just abridged Z. It's pretty ignorant to limit Toriyama only to DB though.

Attached: PS1-Playstation-1-Tobal-No-1.jpg (400x400, 58K)

imo Dragon Quest is a good example of the importance of proper marketing
It's the Mario of JRPGs, nearly every other game of the same genre takes elements that it originally pioneered, but most people would consider it a generic ripoff of either Dragon Ball or Final Fantasy, or both
Imagine a world where Nintendo never bothered releasing Mario games here, and years later people keep calling it a generic rip-off of Sonic or Crash

Well I want to fuck bulma more pretty much any fictional character, so what is the issue?

Get fucked. You look at toriyamas work and you instantly recognise its him. Can the same be said for your so called evolved character designers? This is the guy who made Goku and chrono...

Here's every soulful manga artist, who keeps their own style and won't give in to pressure
>Araki (JoJo's, Baoh)
>Nobuyuki Fukumoto (Kaiji, Akagi, Kurosawa)
>Miura (Berserk)
>Togashi (YYH, Hunter x Hunter)

Attached: 062-063.png (1600x1137, 959K)

It's real. That's Toriyama for you.

His work is pretty soulful.

Attached: Murata Megaman.jpg (1344x889, 457K)

>Final Fantasy is better than Dragon Quest, as the former ACTUALLY has Western appeal.
Appealing to autists and edgelords isn't Western appeal

I cannot believe this nigga name Arse

Play Dragon Quest XI or watch the ending on YouTube if you want to know where the Erdrick title comes from, dipshits.

Oy gov, you be sayin' you 'ate my cloth, eh?

Attached: yangus.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

Toriyamas art peaked with Chrono Trigger and early Dragonball, however his style is too distinct like DQ loses parts of its identity outside of the West cause of it
I have people un ironically tell me they thought it was a Dragon ball spinoff game, it's like if Araki creator of Jojo made a new series you would never not just see Jojo characters in a diffrent setting

I’m more of an Android 18 guy, but yeah Bulma is great

The last good Final Fantasy game was 9 though.

>zoomies still seething over the Chad heroes
kill yourselves

Actually it’s Arthu

Zoomies are the ones picking swordsmen and spamming Youtube flowchart combos

>Implying 9 was good

What's your Bulma of choice? I think I gotta go with grey underwear space travel Bulma.

Bulma is hot, so there's still nothing wrong about that statement.

You'd be surprised at the jap stuff, though it might just be liberal translating too. Classic Toriyama himself also had some weird ass shit, like a girl trying to be a hero of justice only to basically get raped over and over until she realized she could make money off of prostitution.

>servers will most likely crash when he drops
>xfinity is a pos internet that works whenever it feels like anyway
So he's essentially coming out tomorrow for me.

Psaro's design in the original game had all the same features. He just got updated into Toriyama's modern style.

And the single shoulder pad, and the long white hair, and the dark clothes, and their personality, and both becoming crazy with hate...

WELCOME TO FUCKING ANIME YOU RETARD NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT STUPID FUCKING POINTLESS FACES THEY DON'T FUCKING MATTER WHEN THEY TAKE UP 5% OF THE ENTIRE CHARACTER DESIGN AND AREN'T AS VERSATILE

Attached: 1392660636081.jpg (3951x2520, 1.99M)

add junji ito and obata

I thought Eleven's actual name was Luminary.

it's ass not arse you fucking pip pip cheerio motherfucker

Actually, Sakurai says Loto. They translate it as Eldrick because the stupid western translation has to change everything.

His modern style has changed quite a lot. So much so, Dragon Ball fans now hate it for not looking like "classic" Dragon Ball.

Attached: Toriyama_arcs.jpg (1508x1636, 1.03M)

Title

>faces
>not the most important part of a human character
dumb anime poster

Nope. in 3-4 hours.
mynintendonews.com/2019/07/30/hero-from-dragon-quest-joins-super-smash-bros-ultimate-today/

In what world do you live in where people call it a ripoff of FF? people just don't care about it outside of nipland. Its like Superman, were people use the "it was first so you have to like it" argument
FF only gained traction when it stopped being a carbon 1:1 copy of DQ

>Single shoulder pad
Sephiroth has two.

I mean I get what you're going for, but neither Sonic or Crash could exist without Mario's bigger-than-Mickey perception. Sonic was made to counter Mario, and Crash was an attempt to capitalize on that same sort of arcade-y platformer setup in 3D while being called "Sonic's Ass Game" by the dev team due to the camera angles. Final Fantasy probably wouldn't have existed the way it did had Dragon Quest not codified the JRPG genre and set up the blueprint for the industry on consoles, arguably made in tribute to DQ even.

Famous is peak.

3-4 hours? This shit usually drops close to midnight NA time, where the hell are you getting these numbers.
Plus that guy you replied to was bitching about ninty's servers and his own shitty internet and not speaking of the general case, which you would know if you read more than 2 words from his post.

Faces are worthless. All you need is one, MAYBE two, good ones.

Attached: 1474512139582.jpg (1500x1313, 760K)

Its not about swordsmen

I think his art still looks good, but I feel like his older works had better shading and details

Attached: dragon-quest-x-art.jpg (1000x597, 201K)

Not him, but most westerners think Final Fantasy started JRPGs because it was the first one they heard of. And don't know Dragon Quest 1 and 2 came out before FF1 did.

>FF only gained traction when it stopped being a carbon 1:1 copy of DQ
It gained traction right out of the gate in Japan. Always sold less than Dragon Quest, but was the second best selling after it on NES and SNES. Then Pokemon came out and blew them both away.

Attached: 1561045119740.jpg (1280x1845, 420K)

you seriously don't see how fucking influential Tojirama's designs were. The reason why DQ3 Hero might look generic to you is because it was the design that literally created the typical RPG hero design that animes and games like referencing a lot

Attached: 2342772-dragon_quest_iii.jpg (1192x816, 1.14M)

And then in comparison on his older stuff

Attached: XxL6lH9.jpg (1242x1764, 665K)

Literally the only thing more influential to JRPGs than DQ is Wizardry and DnD.

Zoomer here, never watched Dragon Ball or played DQ. Toriyama's artstyle is bretty gud, definitely a nice change of pace from other anime artstyles and the fire-emblos plaguing smash.

Dragon Quest is really more influential than those. Because most JRPGs took their inspiration from Dragon Quest, not Ultima/Wizardry. Especially Pokemon, Mother, Chrono and so on. Most JRPG developers never even played Ultima or Wizardry. They got their start with Dragon Quest.

Here's looking at
Kid

Attached: (You).gif (480x270, 644K)

Most gaymers know FF didnt invent the genere, and the series didn't become a massive commercial success until FF7
People know DQ exsist, it's just a series they aren't interested in, it's not like SMT which was completly unheard of and only got decently popular in recent years due to one of its spinoffs

>16 year old kid told to save the world
>Of course he surrounds himself with beautiful women

After he and his party got trapped in the world of darkness, I bet you he made them his harem. All of the line of Erdrick were chads. 1 was such a chad that he had three different descendants.

What

The only one I don't particularly like is the last one
It also flares my autism that the Dragonball image that is supposed to show Toriyama's early artwork is actually from the movie that was made after GT and with it's art style, it's especially noticeable on Goku

I think part of this has to do with coloring/final details done digitally, it removes some depth and makes the newer stuff seem flatter. His work is still leagues ahead of most other stuff out there, even when not as detailed as his old stuff

Attached: 1564326434788.jpg (2048x1555, 661K)

If the hero from III is Arusu, what about this guy? Apparently, it seems to be his canon name
youtu.be/_Y0m6utSyvE

Attached: Screenshot_20190730-113003.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Finally Sakurai gives gamers the Hearthstone rep we've all been clamoring for.

Auster.

>Final Fantasy probably wouldn't have existed the way it did had Dragon Quest not codified the JRPG genre and set up the blueprint for the industry on consoles, arguably made in tribute to DQ even.
Final Fantasy was specifically inspired by Ultima, Wizardy and D&D, not Dragon Quest.

>Most gaymers know FF didnt invent the genere,
There's people in this very thread who thought the opposite. Your own statements point to this. Because Dragon Quest hasn't gotten the massive marketing and notoriety in the west that Final Fantasy has. Dragon Quest now is at the stage Final Fantasy was on the SNES. When people were asking why FFVII came out before IV-VI, not knowing all the games from Japan they missed.

>and the series didn't become a massive commercial success until FF7
For a JRPG, Final Fantasy was a success from the start. It was also the best selling in the west until Pokemon came out.

>People know DQ exsist, it's just a series they aren't interested in
Because of the lack of marketing. It got that marketing on PS2 and you saw a huge surge in popularity for Dragon Quest in the west. Dragon Quest VIII is now considered one of the best games on the PS2. But only because so many people heard about it. The decade or so following, people never heard about other DQ games besides IX. Which IX also sold well when it got commercials and journalist hype.

Everything is just repeating with Dragon Quest XI getting advertising at E3 and on websites. But the difference this time is, it's also getting a character in Smash. So Dragon Quest XI is going to blow up way more than previous games in the series.

>it's not like SMT which was completly unheard of and only got decently popular in recent years due to one of its spinoffs
That's literally what Dragon Quest was until Dragon Quest Monsters on GBC and VIII on PS2. A series 99% of people never heard of, then people heard about it.

Attached: 1438560915479.gif (150x150, 5K)

In DQ VI, the extra dungeon let's you "look into the near future" or "distant future", and there you meet the characters from DQ IV and V, respectively. The male hero's name is Solo and the female's is Sofia

>It's the Mario of JRPGs, nearly every other game of the same genre takes elements that it originally pioneered
DQ didn't pioneer anything. Every thing people associate with traditional jrpgs like DQ, FF and SMT was copied from Ultima and Wizardry: the turn-based party-based combat system right down to specific spells and classes/jobs, the overworld, even the tradition of getting an airship, heck, even specific game concepts like alignment and demon negotiation in SMT, or the distinction between white/black/red mages in Final Fantasy.

Attached: 1544567776881.png (282x347, 60K)

Original is GOAT.

>One game refers to the hero in VII as アルス
>this was shown today
Fucking Japan

Attached: Screenshot_20190730-111131.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

What about Boichi

That's because Toriyama does all his coloring digitally now. He's been doing it since the the mid-2000's IIRC. Very rarely has he done ink/marker/paints recently.

Attached: Silver Balls Kamehameha.jpg (396x482, 49K)

>Final Fantasy was specifically inspired by Ultima, Wizardy and D&D, not Dragon Quest.
Sakaguchi has said countless times he decided to make his last game an RPG because of how popular Dragon Quest had gotten. And that he was trying to do the opposite of Dragon Quest in everything. In his words, Final Fantasy's original premise was "the antithesis of Dragon Quest." You can see this in how the game starts off as you going to save a princess. Then "subverts" it about an hour in.

It was inspired by Dragon Quest more than anything else.

Autist.

>no Sofia alt
I didn't expect it but it still hurts

Attached: 1564081869311.png (611x1000, 450K)

Dr. Slump is peak Toriyama.

It might have been a reference. They like to refer to Erdrick in various ways and it isn't like the Drama CD isn't known.

I don't remember Ultima having stuff like Zoom and Kaclang. And Dragon Quest also refined the controls to make it easier for people to get into. Which you may not think is a big deal, but it clearly worked. As Dragon Quest exploded in popularity in a country that previously hated RPGs.

The turn based combat system is also very different in Dragon Quest. And especially with Dragon Quest 2 and on, which created a group based system that is not like Wizardry.

Attached: 1516908647173.jpg (2000x1446, 2.16M)

I bet you most of the reason was because of height difference and the fact that it would have been even more work. Not to mention that it would mean that 11 and 8 would be odd ones out for not getting a female alt. Unless they decided to do something completely original.

Attached: OH GOD WHAT_olimar.png (225x200, 66K)

oh yeah and that's not all i forgot the name of this other mangas about a little vampire and at some point a sexy girl appears but he immediately realizes it is a travesti and punches him in the balls

>And that he was trying to do the opposite of Dragon Quest in everything. In his words, Final Fantasy's original premise was "the antithesis of Dragon Quest."

>It was inspired by Dragon Quest more than anything else.

This is contradictory and makes no sense. Square was inspired by DQ's success, not the actual game design. You can even see this in Final Fantasy 2, where they switched to a system where you grow in stats and skills as you use them, in direct response to Dungeon Master, a hugely influential western rpg that came out the year before and popularized that system.

Toriyama is both the purest and the most perverted japanese man that has ever existed

Nah. Not a fan.

Man i was kinda expecting IX would be the mii costume, you know because of how much you can change the look of that hero

>Final Fantasy subverts expectations
>it ends up becoming complete dogshit later on

I used to think that the phrase "if it ain't broke don't fix it" was boomer faggotry, but seeing how Dragon Quest is still consistently good after all these years I think it might just have some merit.

>I don't remember Ultima having stuff like Zoom and Kaclang.

wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Gate_Travel

wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Energy_Field

>The turn based combat system is also very different in Dragon Quest. And especially with Dragon Quest 2 and on, which created a group based system that is not like Wizardry.
How does it differ from Wizardry?

Holy shit, it's just like my defunct sad panda doujins

>This is contradictory and makes no sense.
Even if you take those two things out of context and don't read the whole post, like you did, it still isn't contradictory. Sakaguchi saw Dragon Quest was a mad success and was inspired to make a story driven RPG of his own. When planning the game, he tried to do everything opposite of Dragon Quest as he could, meaning he was still using the formula of Dragon Quest 1 as inspiration.

Why are the spell names so stupid and gay
KAFAGGOT

god those are hideous

easier to remember than JUMANJI

He could have been a great mii costume

Attached: chrono.jpg (176x287, 11K)

This is Erdrick.
youtube.com/watch?v=N7XxrU84ifg

All DQ did was combine ultima and wizardry and made it so it was playable to the shounen demographic

isnt hero playable today? where is he

Attached: cat.jpg (460x345, 35K)

They make a reference to the onomatopoeia in English
Zap
Crack
Frizzle
Sizzle
Clang
The Japanese ones are basically "spell" with some suffix added at the end
Mera
Merasoma
Meragaia

They have character.
The original spells names were a little bland.
Blaze? Icebolt? Revive? Yawn.

Because the onomatopoeia spell names in the Japanese won't work when translated into other languages. And they're at the mercy of the localization staff, which has proven time and again they suck.

face blindness is autism

Huh, FF does the same thing, clear inspiration there if nowhere else.
I get you but Blazle, Icekabolt, Revizzle? Man I dunno.

There'll be mods to fix that
And they'll suck

Attached: 51d473aa06995a0f47649cc51d424eee.jpg (993x800, 99K)

They're onomatopoeia, you Kanigger.

I just call the names by their Japanese name and don't give a fuck if other people understand.
I'm gonna use raidein, merasoma, mahokanta and zaraki to fight, not shitty spells with retarded names.

I love my wife!
>no classic fantasy adventurer gf
>surprisingly few characters like this in general

>Huh, FF does the same thing, clear inspiration there if nowhere else.
The inspiration is Wizardry, which had weird-sounding spell names where the suffixes denoted a certain hierarchy/aspct of the the spells.

Attached: 1547074880733.png (833x960, 1017K)

Your wife has a girlfriend

No, that’s the scion of erdrick

Everyone in this thread knows what DQ is, this isn't the first time people are seeing or hearing the words Dragon quest
>For a JRPG, Final Fantasy was a success from the start. It was also the best selling in the west until Pokemon came out.
I mean no shit, the day it debut saved the company from going under but FF7 was one of Squares biggest releases being a record breaking worldwide commercial success across the entire globe and considered one of the greatest games of all time
>Because of the lack of marketing.
DQ marketing overseas has always been weird probably don't expect westerners to care about it or something, I doubt Smash will really change much, it's not like FE where it was forced into popularity
>That's literally what Dragon Quest was until Dragon Quest Monsters on GBC and VIII on PS2. A series 99% of people never heard of, then people heard about it.
People still don't really know what SMT is, it's not like DQ. Persona completly overshadowed it and most people don't even know Persona is a spinoff, it only had minor popularity in comparison with Nocturne but that's it

>The original spells names were a little bland.
better bland than the big bang theory + sesame street

Attached: dw7 dq7.png (1035x386, 71K)

user's spell hit's Anonymoose A!
Anonymoose A becomes a FAGGOT!

That's hot

Localization. Japan gets more straightforward stuff. Like Kaminari for Zapple.

How about you Expel yourself

>Sakurai making a GaoGaiGar reference

Attached: 1366768031616.jpg (272x153, 17K)

Dragon Quest looks like it's exclusively made for the tiniest babies to exist. The monster designs are the least threatening I've ever seen and the spell names are infantile. Kafrizz? Zoom? Kaboom? People bitched about Pokémon Let's Go's Baddy Bad and Zappy Zap for good reason, but DQ has been doing it since its inception.

OOT Link's VA is so based, I really hope OOT Link somehow makes it back.

Nothing feels better than seeing localization autists bitching about the localization.

Wait, what the fuck are Baddy Bad and Zappy Zap

No, the kana spells A Ru Su.

So it's literally Arse

>he doesn't know

I wish I was the you you were before knowing about this.

What’s the difference in between this and fire, fira, firaga or garu, garula, garudyne

firaga is cooler

That it doesn't sound like something an actual 5 year old would come up with?

I was already going to use 3, but this would have sealed the deal 10 times over. A shame that Mitsuaki Madono isn't voicing anyone.

Sakuguchi was inspired by Dragon Quest and wanted to make the opposite game. This means understanding what made the game successful from a design and cultural standpoint, and working from there. To say this isn't inspiration to not understand the meaning of the word.

That's the world tournament announcer isn't it?

Fire + ga
Like fire goo goo ga ga

Garula
Goo goo la la

You're not understanding anything. People today know what Dragon Quest is because it's gotten multiple well advertised, well known games in the west. But it wasn't that way before the PS2. Final Fantasy was known in the west on the NES and SNES because they had the biggest marketing campaigns for JRPGs up to that time. You then ignore this and keep claiming Final Fantasy only really got noticed when FFVII came out. Implying only a game of that level is "success." But if that's the case, then Dragon Quest isn't known in the west. Because no Dragon Quest game has reached FFVII levels either.

You're contradicting your own points. Dragon Quest is known now. But mostly just by core gamers. It hasn't broken into the general audience like Final Fantasy has, because it hasn't had a huge FFVII level hit. And it hasn't had a FFVII level hit because it hasn't had a marketing push on that level. But the big reveal at E3 and having a character in Smash Bros might just do that.

Attached: 9t60jpa2s6d31.jpg (3800x3600, 2.47M)

Arse would be アース

And created the jrpg. No need to be reductive, user.

You're right, it sounds exactly like how a dumb 3 year old would try to pronounce them

>Playing Soul Calibur II
>one seiyuu voices Link, Nightmare and Siegfried
>can't stop laughing

Not him but I like the modern DQ spell names. The onomatopoeias are unique.
Also sounds like something a 5 year old would come up with. In fact, I called people I didn't like baddy bads when I was a toddler.

ITS JULY 30TH RIGHT NOW WHERE IS THE UPDATE

Attached: 1526675659404.jpg (640x480, 67K)

HE WAS RIGHT THERE user, DON’T TELL ME YOU MISSED HIM??

When Japan updates at around 10am. Which is 9pm est time. So just wait a few more hours.

He's out right now user, I guess there must be something wrong at your end. What a shame.

The professy will help
Professy do science
Science say it later

Attached: C2500832-FBE6-4B0D-89CD-579EE8CB39ED.jpg (761x720, 55K)

>ERDRICK IS THE ONLY ONE THAT'S A FUCKING MII COSTUME
LEAKFAGS IRRECOVERABLY BTFO

I like how Sakurai said that out of everyone's recording sessions, it took him the least time. He's that good, not to mention he's a huge nerd, he didn't need to look up any information because he already knows everything about DQ and could immediately get into character.

Wait until at least 6pm EST/3pm PST. Hero is dropping in Europe on 7/31. They're dropping Hero in all three regions at the same time, but it's still around 9:15pm, July 30th in England, you'll have to wait.

It's a fucking onomatopoeia you idiot. They're basically sounds in that manga style way of visualizing the noise something makes.

I’m gonna take a mean kashittle

wizardry and ultima created the jrpg genre yes

I guess I would've thought different if I'd played it since I was young. Would probably help to actually play the games too, get "used to" the names. Which game should I start out with?

That's not Erdrick. Erdrick is a title given to Arusu in DQ3. The character in DQ 1 (whom that costume is modelled after) is the Scion of Erdrick, but shortened to Erdrick (it's fucking confusing, I know).

Erm, it's not even 9pm yet in the UK.

WHERE'S THE UPDATE user???

Attached: 1542447957199.jpg (986x675, 58K)

No, Wizardy and Ultima were role playing games that served as digital inspirations of Dungeons and Dragons. Dragon Quest took what Wizardy and Ultima did and simplified it to the point where they are functionally different but fundamentally similar.

I was only exposed to the revised names much later, once I played 8. If you play something like 3 on the GBC, then it's still the original stuff, where Kaclang was Ironize. I like both styles and there is a certain charm with Onomatopoeia.

As for games to start with, 1 is easy enough, you can beat the game at level 16. But if you want one of the bigger games, then do 3, 5 or 8.

Oh? I thought the time difference between New York and England was 6 hours? Turns out it's 5. My bad.

Ok, so I guess 10pm EST.

user... don’t tell you have the older model of the switch... the one that Sakurai specially said won’t work with this DLC

Thanks user, and I can appreciate your appreciation of them being onomatopoeia. Here's to hoping I'll change my mind.

No, it's Fly.

Valiente Fly...

Thwack yourself

Burgerland has awful taste? You don't say...

Attached: OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (1400x933, 373K)

localization apologists are sad folks

Attached: quality TL.jpg (500x358, 52K)

You know what I like about this localization
I read this and imagined a voice for this guy instantly, I made him sound like the one guy from princess bride. So say what you want but it has that

Later today. Never said when, but late enough that it'll be the 31st in Europe.

cállate puto weeb

you could have at least posted IX's scottish writing

Attached: King Schott.png (855x639, 1020K)

What's wrong user? Not enough gray matter in that noggin of yours to read soulful localizations which vividly depict accents of people in different parts of a vast world?

If there is anything I can't stand about DQ, it's this. I like the accents in spoken and I know they want to try to keep the Regional Dialects from Japan, but this is just bad. There is a major difference between some Kansai and this. At least this one is just the stereotypical french. I've seen much worse, like completely unreadable and this is final boss of 6 dialog too.

I wish it really wasn't so hard to try to transliterate things like Cockney and what not to readable text that didn't make me just want to skip dialog, because it really does make characters stand out compared to just plain text.

It’s not real Scottish, I can tell what he’s saying

A perfect DQ localization would be no/minimal accents + literally translated town names + onomatopoeia spell names. Something like the DQV PS2 fan translation.

Attached: dragon quest delocalized edition hack.png (256x224, 7K)

tfw DQIV Hero has a better classic Link tunic than Link himself has

other than the music this was the biggest why I chose the PS2 version of DQ5, to avoid the atrocious official translation.
>temple of the order of light -> Crocodilopolis
fucking Christ

Most of the time Japan updates at 10am. So just work it out from there.

Are we posting wacky accents now?

Attached: why.png (531x443, 337K)

I know. I kind of wish they went all the way with it, myself

Anime is indeed shit. Unlike Japanese crap, the most popular Western stuff is obviously the ones that favor making the faces look different above anything else about the design.

Attached: tMcWuSA.jpg (472x376, 155K)

>final boss is an alien you can't even understand

That was cool and based as fuck

and dq3 has the best link va

The problem is, it works with spoken dialogue, but not in text. Just look at any of the French or "Hick" towns in the various games. Or how much people hate Bianca in DQV (the most hated character in the west), despite her having the same dialect Yangus has (the most popular character in the west).

But it's also a problem because the original Japanese characters didn't talk in a dialect. At the very least, they're radically changing the characters from the authors intentions. The original characters stood on their own because of their personality. If the western localization has to change them, then it means they don't have faith the characters can stand on their own. In Japan. Alena is popular for being a Genki tomboy airhead. In the west, she's known entirely for being a backwards talking Russian Yoda. Nothing of her personality came through. This is a massive failure in the localization. It makes Alena a 100% different character than the original. And some apologists will be okay with that. Especially if the only version they play is the translated version. But not everyone likes it.

Then it gets even worse when you realize there's unique changes in every language. Someone playing the French version will get an entirely different impression of Alena than someone playing the English. And so you come to a site like this and people all have different views of the same character. Which all of this could have been avoided if they just stayed true to the original character.

Attached: 1559624990265.jpg (2110x1534, 227K)

>people actually have any trouble whatsoever reading this and subvocalizing it

>Oh shit, we need to make this demon seem like a demon, what do we make him sound like
>Just make his text backwards letters and weird symbols, that will go over well

Yeah and SE wonders why DQ doesn't sell well in the west.

They did go all the way, but people complained.

Attached: why2.jpg (384x287, 71K)

Yea it's an easy mistake to make. UK clocks go forward in March time, and then back in autumn. So whenever I try and remember time differences for America I get confused. Thank god Japan doesn't do this.

>Bianca in DQV (the most hated character in the west)
I thought that was because in the English DS version, for whatever reason she NEVER shuts the fuck up about ghosthunting

And most of the characters that get regional dialect changes in the west didn't have any dialect in the original Japanese. And then a character like Stella which DID have a regional dialect in Japanese doesn't in English. It's like they're trying to do the opposite in every case just to be contrarian.

I fear that even if Hero in Smash does get millions of new people to try Dragon Quest, half or more of them will be turned off by the horrible translations and give up on the series.

Attached: 1468431555798.jpg (800x842, 190K)

This is better than to me
I don't know what the fuck a blethering skike is, but this is just normal english with an accent. Perfectly fine.

She only talks about the ghost stuff before you marry her. Afterwards, she talks mostly about her husband (you) or your kids.

I'm beginning to think people who have problems understanding the accents in the localizations are all ESLs or functionally illiterate.

I recall reading that the process of designing Dragon Quest characters is that someone else designs them and then Toriyama is given the design to give his own spin.

>Nothing of her personality came through
Really? That doesn't seem true at all. Her behavior was still the same energetic and her way of talking reflected that well. She's not one to be held down by conventions and she didn't need dialog to convey that, just her actions in the story. Like how she absolutely loved the moving pads. Or her general lack of sense of danger she puts herself in. Shallow people latch onto her way of speaking.

Blethering is the same as Blathering. Skite is usually attached to Blather and it pretty much means someone speaking nonsense.

It works fine in text, the problem is you're just barely above the standard for english literacy.

Yeah, I only played the PS2 version myself, so I'm just going by what I've seen the Deborahfags on Yea Forums say

Attached: bianca pregnant.jpg (260x194, 13K)

Is "tur" here supposed to be "tower" or something? Jesus Christ.

Jesus christ, you localization faggots are really annoying.
No one fucking cares, because they're not autistic like you. Fuck off.

Yes, that would be right. A bunch of kids have been captured and they are trying to figure out if they will be the legendary hero or not, though they will typically kill them all anyway just in case.

>you just can't read it
Dialect fags always fall back on this because they have nothing else. I can read it just fine. It's just annoying to read. Just like it's annoying when Final Fantasy XIV did it during the Rogue sotry arc. And what do you know, Rogue was the least played class during that expansion. I wonder if there's a correlation...

Attached: squareenix_localizations.jpg (971x754, 761K)

It would at least be a relatively easy mod to make for Link in Ultimate, because you can easily retool a lot of assets from Young Link. The biggest new things to make would be
>the gauntlets
>the tights texturing (but the mesh can easily just be cobbled together from Wild Link's legs/shorts)
>the face modeling (namely in making the ears longer and the nose a bit pointer and bigger)
>optional but hopeful: a PROPER Fierce Deity alt

Stella might not have had an accent, but the way she spoke and expressed herself gave off a sort of hot-headed spunky girl. It's not all about accents, but also about what words and expressions they use.

the bigger problem with mangled dialogue like this isn't that it's hard to read, but that it shits on the atmosphere of the game
Ladja/Gema, that horrible fiend that made the hero's life hell? Talks with an accent because it's funnier.

>Unga bunga standard English with no idioms or spelling variations good. Slang and regional words too difficult
Read a book you stupid nigger

Exactly. Get to the horse boss and the music/story is set up to this epic battle and...he starts making fucking chess and horse puns. Completely killing the mood. Turning a dramatic situation into a joke that sounds like it belongs in a Nick Cartoon.

>Munchy didn't look like he animated at all
>not even blinked in Eights pocket
He looks like a tiny plushie in his pocket. At least let him blink. Or maybe he does but they didn't show him long enough? Regardless, still cool they threw him into his outfit.
I always wanted The hero of VIII in the game, and have him use multiple weapons along with Munchy assists. But I'll take a basic sword and spell moveset over nothing.

Attached: 825725792.gif (325x203, 780K)

oh my god, shut the fuck up, you are literally one of two people who care about this shit.

Doesn't God in that game talk like Ned Flanders?

Retard, what was the original dialogue like then, if you're so fucking inclined to constantly complain about it?

>I have no counter argument besides you can't read!
Turns out I have read many books. Did you know there's actual standards when doing accents? Mark Twain, Charles Dickens and others followed these rules. The localization team for Dragon Quest completely ignores these rules and just makes "phonetic" shit up.

But by all means, it must be okay because you like it, right?

>no yudetamago
weak

Psaro did not look like that in the NES game, he was just a big green monster. He got the updated design for the PS1 game which was released after FF7.

STOP USING TOEI ARTWORK TO DEMONSTRATE TORIYAMA

>only two people
At least four people in this thread have complained about it. And countless others in past threads. Plus, if you go to any DQ forum, it's a pretty even split of people who like or dislike it.

If anything, you're the overly vocal minority who screeches in anger anytime someone points out how they don't like the accents. And constantly lashing out about it just keeps people talking about the accents.

Attached: 1438331999315.png (226x223, 101K)

>Everyone suddenly hates Dragon Quest now
Keep seething

Attached: 15234675379601.png (640x360, 246K)

>Revizzle
Actually, on field revival is called Zing!
In town revival is called prayer and costs money.

more like everyone on shit shit board hates JRPGs now, meanwhile they jerk off over autism craft. makes you think.

It is okay, because no one, and I mean fucking no one besides you and your posse of 15 retards give a shit about this. No one fucking cares, no matter how much you post your shit.

You can't read it just fine. You clearly struggle with it. You said it's fine and works when spoken but not when read. When literate people read they can understand it as spoken though subvocalizing easily and instantly. You make a difference between read and spoken because you can't convert it to spoken words in your head instantly, because you struggle to read without having to manually decipher it.

>optional but hopeful: a PROPER Fierce Deity alt
At the very least I just wish they'd used elements of the Champion's Tunic for it and the dark green tunic. It's clear from their legs they were aiming for trousers rather than shorts so they should have just slapped the Champion's Tunic legs and gloves on the Tunic of the Wild body.

Not everyone, just Smash autists.
Yea Forums has always loved Dragon Quest, just like it has always loved Yakuza and other niche Japanese games.

Do you prefer fan-translations or the official localizations for Dragon Quest games?

Attached: Dragon_quest_2_msx_moonbroke_swimsuit.png (255x192, 7K)

Cunt, I just hate whiny faggots. You're whiny, and a faggot. It's as simple as that. What fucking DQ forums, also? The ones that barely exist? Yeah, I'm sure people talk about Final Fantasy on Final Fantasy forums too. Fuck your DQ Forums, and fuck you for using a forum used by probably a few hundred people as a catch all for "oh everyone would feel this way". You act smart, but you're actually an idiot.

capeshit is no better than weebshit

I don't care enough about DQ to hate it

Attached: 1530315824566.gif (466x315, 788K)

Good, means you aren't an obnoxious faggot.

MSX had art of Princess of Moonbrook in the Bikini armor? Man, PC got all the good shit in Japan.

This is what he looked like in the original.

Attached: psaro.png (62x76, 14K)

Not even that guy, but the localization discussion up till this point has been fairly civil

Attached: jpip1hU.jpg (640x421, 79K)

That's for the DQ1 hero.

Well I'll be damned. It'd be neat to see the artwork this was was derived from.

Z completely threw away the adventure and humor of Dragon Ball in exchange for being more "serious" and making every episode about punches, kicks and energy balls being mindlessly exchanged until goku decided to change his hair color
In the original the whole point was looking for the dragon balls, in Z dragon balls were just an excuse for the bad guy to do bad things

Did they delete a bunch of custom content recently? I had one stage uploaded and now it's gone with a word. There's only one thing left in my liked tab.

Attached: 1541516626564.jpg (580x301, 90K)

this looks legitimately bad tho

>keep spamming generic sword Goku and now people hate it
Nah shit

fan translations for DQ all the way
DW official localization is mostly fine though.

Based.

might as well include King Piccolo in that then

What a terrible translation
I hate when translators start adding cursing to make their work more "grown up"

Attached: 1564497322145.png (668x681, 364K)

That's really bizarre that they'd call all of them by number except スり

>Erdrick isn't actually in.
>Just a mii costume.
GET FUCK LEAKFAGS.

Attached: 1560825317209.gif (600x600, 645K)

dragon-quest.org/wiki/Category:Dragon_Quest_IV_official_art
doesn't seem to have any

it's actually offending how shit this opinion/taste is. toriyama is a genius
pinterest.com/diepdinhchuong/akira-toriyama-transportation/
look at this dr. slump stuff, early dragon ball stuff, all of it, it's near-perfect. you're disrespecting a master! it's a bad look

Attached: vroom.jpg (500x616, 62K)

>Z completely threw away the adventure and humor of Dragon Ball in exchange for being more "serious"
That shit technically started with the 22nd WMAT and King Piccolo sagas

>If you play as the chick people don't even remember that the legendary hero had a very nice pair of tits.
She didn't though, even in her prime she was such a convincing reverse trap that everyone believed she was a guy, even her own mom.

Damned Jews

>ffxiv rogues
Oh god don't remind of those fuckers. That was the only time I skipped dialogue because it was such a pain in the ass to read.

>スり

Attached: 1446000951052.jpg (2000x2256, 389K)

I'm surprised by how much I like their voices. Hero 8 is especially great.

>Cunt, I just hate whiny faggots. You're whiny, and a faggot.
The irony.

Attached: 1500457811699.jpg (1440x2047, 354K)

how'd he become king of the Snowmads and why did he attack DK Isle?

>Go to church to revive someone
>Decline when charged by priest
>He says something like "those who refuse to pay alms walk far from the goddess"
I mean, in religion, charity and alms do show a person is selfless and is a commendable act

His sprite wasn't based off of any artwork, but we eventually got whatever this is by Mutsumi Inomata.

Attached: Saro.png (800x549, 535K)

The Namek Saga alone had more "adventure" than every OG Dragon Ball arc after Pilaf

Attached: e35dbef6269fce7082d21f85eb888e4a.png (540x543, 286K)

Red Ribbon was peak adventure for the series though. Though after that I agree.

How much more do we have to wait for the release?

Attached: 67442205_2275018525885270_5844255655724056576_n.jpg (635x369, 40K)

then why didn't they just call Eleven "Luminary" if titles are considered names.

This. I just want to be notified when it happens.

This. Its what Hank would have wanted.

Attached: model american.gif (480x280, 1.06M)

you'll notice when nintendo servers crash

>then why didn't they just call Eleven "Luminary" if titles are considered names.
Because they're not considered names. You as the player are suppose to name the Hero whatever you want. Their title is something in the story. And not every Hero has a title like that. Which is why the hero in DQVIII is just called Eight.

Attached: Eight_in_Copics_by_AnnouncerGuy.jpg (600x800, 440K)

Roto is a very cute girl, thank you very much.

Attached: 0e47c61f39b6fe9327e409f40d19876f.jpg (600x840, 110K)

Gaijin don't care enough about DW to crash the servers

Just a few more hours. It needs to be at least midnight in europe and western europe is 5 hours ahead of eastern. So once it hits 7pm est time, we are good to go. Hopefully.

>Female Roto will never be such a chad that instead of taking the dick, she used magic to grow her own to produce her eventual heirs.

Seething toriyamafags thinking i'm a Zoomer.
Get fucked, i'm sorry for you retarded nigs if you don't understand how character design works.
Yeah you recognize all his characters - because they all look the fucking same and none of their clothing holds anything recognizable that wasn't overpupularized.

He's the Hideo Kojima of Character design, so i'm not gonna be impressed having a ton of chimpanzees screeching and cumming after every steps he takes.

bazinga!

>Then Pokemon came out and blew them both away
which is funny because it stole the monster catching elements from dq5

sorry incel, female Loto is for monster breeding only

More midget scrawny girly twinks with blades. Anyone with taste will la.ugh at the designs but Yea Forums is made up of Ken-samas who worship anything chinese

Attached: ac6.jpg (600x800, 56K)

>472325579
bait

>the motherfuckers are wearing fluorescent-esque simplistic garments that anybody with any sense of fashion would vomit at
> but it's made by Toriyama

UGGHH SO GOOD GMMHHH CHARACTER DESIGN UGGNN DBZ SO GUD HOES MAD HOES MAD AAAHH DADDYAMA

Female Loto is for fattening

Attached: 1545019715347.png (800x1192, 407K)

stay seething nigger

How can one person carry so much anger

>Final Fantasy was specifically inspired by Ultima, Wizardy and D&D, not Dragon Quest.
uh, you have this flipped around. dragon quest was inspired by that stuff and final fantasy was inspired by dragon quest
>but then why are all these specific elements in it from those games?
because they were in dragon quest. the overworld is the best example of this. ultima did it, they liked it enough to put it in dragon quest, and they liked that enough to put it in final fantasy.

dq creators were old school pc rpg nerds. ff creator was a failed musician with a string of failed games and his copying of the massively successful dq finally got him a successful game. he called it FINAL fantasy for a reason. he was about to commit sudoku from his failures

s-saved

i'm sorry for the lost of your eyesight, user. i hope your mom dresses you well, unlike Japaneseman

The pain of seeing a near perfect replica of my main which isn't suffering any of his drawbacks gives me enough insentive to hate this character to death

(that being said, i still honestly think Akira Toriyama's artstyle is bad and it only appealed to me when i was a kid and knew no better from the industry. And i still do think people rub their dick on his footprints just to get a whiff of his glory.)

Jesus Christ you're a fucking autist.

akira toriyama's art for dragonball was cool because they were physical fighters that actually looked like they were built to be warriors, even kid goku gets pretty raw. the prettyboy with swords have always been boring to me even as a kid.

Attached: 15418240124952.jpg (968x1535, 223K)

And it's basically Dragon Quest's battle engine with less options, no group system.

While I'm no fan of Sakaguchi, he did have a couple hit games before Final Fantasy. Like Rad Racer. It's Square which frittered away all the money it made and almost died. Which is a recurring issue in Square.

HE'S OUT

Stay mad, sheep

that early toriyana pick of dragon ball, im 100% sure this wasnt an original design of the day

it looks like dragon ball gt style

The sheep is the person mad about DQ being in Smash.

I don't even hate anime kids with swords, I just hate how obnoxiously gay and lame the heroes look. Default Yuusha has the cringiest hair and lamest overall design out of any fighting game character. Erdrick's face looks cool because he's just kid Gohan but everything else looks like the bad kind of anime.

It's promo art from Path to Power with an OG Bulma in the corner.
Looks like some deviantart shit, where they edited together a bunch of promo art to make a wallpaper

Attached: file.png (600x600, 345K)

I don't give a shit about DQ in smash. I wouldn't bat an eye if this motherfucker wasn't stealing everything from my main's toolkit without paying the price of use.

Give him the same limitations as Robin and i wouldn't care if overrated-RPG-Hero Number 985 gets in.

Gotta work out

Attached: 1554774609412.jpg (959x1599, 138K)

Yeah, you're fucking autistic.
You're getting legitimately upset because a character in a game with over 70 fighters plays kind of similarly to your main.
Take a break from the internet.

are you people surprised? we had this kind of humor in latam back in the day as well

and the french, spaniards probably too as well, i swear its like you burgers were raised in a church

Attached: 1522355928187.png (737x592, 93K)

Thank you for your concern, i think i'm just gonna keep yelling instead.

no, stupid gaijin, this is whats actuarry bad-ass and coor

you dont rike anorexic androgynous twigs? this is what rear heroes rook rike! look how coor and tough he rooks!

Attached: DQXI_Hero_art.png (417x950, 393K)

Why does the robber have a fridge in his bedroom... or is it a bed in his kitchen?

>blaming the US
It's the extreme identity politics/political correctness that came from Europe that's plaguing the US now. The US had the same dirty comedy in the 70s-90s. It got destroyed in the mid 2000s by the same movement that you Europeans are strangling yourselves with. Can't even put up a picture of a girl in a swimsuit without being called sexist in UK, France or Germany.

Eleven is neither of those things you said

You want to know how I know you're obese?

see how you can't criticize anything Toriyama-related without having fanboys shitting their pants.

yes he looks like shit. yes he looks like C-17/Trunks/Whatever-mope-haired-toriyama character. That and shitty clothes are trademarks from the Kojambo of anime.

>Gooks so desperate to be cool they design anorexic androgynous twigs as heroes so they can self-insert

Attached: 1561507453375.gif (391x365, 890K)

He should have been in instead of DQ hero

No, I just knew you were obese because you called him anorexic.

its also funny in reverse that dqm copied pokemons ui, pretty much 1 to 1

i ain't the same user as the one that posted the pic.
i'm an androgynous twig myself; i wouldn't be very well placed to criticize that part of the design.

It is possible to make long-hair, "normal"-looking swordsman guy, a great design. Too bad Toriyama just ran out of creativity and effort.

Attached: Mitsurugi.jpg (800x1120, 131K)

>samefagging

did he ever have any to begin with?

>anyone who doesn't like one shitty design is obese
I guarantee if we both went on kik right now I'm more fit than you, Ken-sama.

Pretty sure all banjoshits under 19 (80% of the fanbase) played all the games on the NG64 when god was making them in limbo.

Wrong.

Some are 18 with a different hair and eye color instead.

The Chad Mitsurugi vs The Virgin Yusha

No, it's the fact that you're calling him anorexic when that is average size (or at least it used to, until you mutts bumped your obesity rates up to 33%).

he shouldve been in instead of claude. im being honest here. ever since his establishment, hes been my favorite ff protagonist. yes i know hes not in ff1 and is based off the art instead, but i like him a lot. i know people go crazy for clod, for some reason, but i wish we got warrior of light instead or at least as an echo or even a second rep

We already know he's gay

Your name in Jap can be whatever you want.

Look at the name David
It can be
デービッド
ダビド
ダビッド

Even replace those ビ with ヴィ

I love Hero's moveset but I do agree all 4 designs are soulless and boring. Even the one from the newest DQ game.

And? Autism rates are rising, eventually all of humanity will be autistic. Deal with it.

He should have been in instead of DQ hero

(better music too)

Attached: 1455746530045.jpg (1000x799, 1.83M)

Anyone here played Wii U again recently for shits and giggles? How the hell did we play that trash? It's like it's in slow motion and every fucking move turns into a dash attack.

almost all the dq heroes are just dudes THRUSTED into bad situations. not many are actual warriors or established heroes. the only one i can really think about is "erdrick" from dq1. descendant of erdrick from dq3 and basically born and raised as a knight ready to defend the land as his ancestor did

Pretty boys with swords suck, but the whole appeal of dragonball was that it's full of little kids and old men that can put guys like Kenshiro to shame. I'm glad he got over his muscle fetish in later DBZ to GT. Though the guys now can be a bit too twiggy

>Mitsurugi
>normal guy
Eleven looks more "normal" (aka attainable) than that. There's thousands of JPOP/KPOP idols that look like Eleven. Maybe only a couple actors who look like Mitsurugi.

You mean Robin's stolen moveset

the contrast between mitsurugi and eleven is like the contrast between floyd mayweather and a random Yea Forumsirgin

I mean dq3 is the same as well.

are there 6 shops in adventure mode? What's/where's the one in the middle?

>that thing
>normal looking
Are you retarded or are you just retarded?

I've never seen an asian in my life that looks anything like that

Siegfried isn't in Soul Calibur II, user. Not outside Nightmare's alts, anyway.

WHEN THE FUCK IS HE RELEASING
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I meant normal-looking as in just some dude with a sword. Not a crazy over-the-top design like pic related. Hero is just a guy with a sword and so is Mitsurugi. The difference is one has a great design while the other looks like a gender confused cosplayer.

Attached: a5c575a5b4b27d81922365990d065139.jpg (900x1100, 124K)

isnt he just a normal guy? his dad was a hero and he gets summoned because his dad was a hero so why not the son, right?

So basically you were just saying you dislike Eleven's design and like Mitsurugi's. And all this "normal" look was an attempt to make your opinion have some sense of objectivity, but failed.

We're not comparing realism, by that logic Hero wouldn't even be in the discussion because he has faggoty anime eyes. We're talking about how good the designs are, which one evokes "swordsman who fights" better. Japan as usual goes with a skinny prettyboy that is less intimidating than my grandma while Mitsurugi looks more like a true hero. The visual information from Mitsurugi's design is way more prominent than Hero which just looks like some dude who needs a haircut. Without the sword you wouldn't even be able to tell he's a fighter, he would look more like a merchant.

Jesus fucking christ, is XI this bad? I've only played V and IX and Monsters and really want to try XI, but I'm not trying to feel like I'm having a stroke every time a dialogue box pops up.

Attached: 1420342993944.png (580x356, 59K)

Yeah, dude just turned 16. He was contacted by God though and told he had a destiny. Solo is a legendary hero and was trained for a bit, but not enough. Eight is special, but not in a way that actually helps aside from not getting cursed and even that has nothing to do with his heritage and is only a side effect.

Eight's design is actually not as cringeworthy as the others, but yeah Japan drank too much onions to come up with Eleven.

it's not that i have issues with reading it, it's that it sounds fucking stupid and is a complete rewrite of the original text by retards who think they're being clever.

pls answer meeeee

You know hes like 16, right user?

Elevens and Eights physique are literally almost exactly the same

Dragon Quest heroes are usually meant to look like adventurers, because that's what they are.
Adventurers aren't jacked on steroids and wear barely any clothes like Mitsurugi.

Attached: 1546702856260.jpg (5564x2304, 2.85M)

Comes out 'today' my ass, I'm going to bed.

It's not that bad, but ever DQ game localized by Squenix has at least one instance of unreadable accent.
I'd suggest play Dragon Warrior/Quest 1-3 before 11 though. You can skip 2 if you like, it kind of sucks.

11 is just a normal kid you fucking bitch. damn. mitsurugi is a samurai, which means hes been trained since childhood to kill, and also to pleasure men, which he repays as an actualized samurai by teaching other apprentices to please men, as is tradition.

you cant compare the two because theres no comparison. one is a trained warrior of the state and the other is a boy who went on an adventure

thats from 4. you claim to have already played ones which do the same thing so if you havent died yet then you wont die now

The accents were only this bad in the DS remakes of 4 and 5.

He's coming out the 31th for us Europoors.
3AM in France, for example.

So...which game's the best?

Attached: 1538897278370.png (494x425, 319K)

DADDY

vocaroo.com/i/s08PswOhIDhv

Attached: 1443967752046.jpg (1200x1600, 236K)

first of all im from latam, not europe, second of all, have you looked at french cartoons? have you looked at american censorship of animes? you people act like moral crusaders

Luckily in XI S, you can play it with Japanese voices

Most of the DQ games after XI have toned it down. But it leads to weird things like mot of the game, people talk pretty normal. Then out of nowhere, there's a town where everyone has super thick accents.

Dragon Quest XI has the benefit of voice acting though. So you don't have to really bother reading it. Though if you use Japanese voices, you still will. And like most translations, the dialogue will be very different.

Attached: 1536216295988.jpg (1497x1775, 1.2M)

based

III, V, VIII and XI are tossed around but V is generally unilaterally considered the best

Does XI not mean eleven anymore or am I having a mental breakdown

Dragon Quest V for the mainline series, it's the most confident in its storytelling and has the most compelling one to keep it up. About a boy becoming a man.
Dragon Quest III is possibly the most important given how revolutionary its storytelling was for JRPGs, definitely my favourite NES era JRPG.
IV was also very influential in its storytelling, having multiple smaller chapters focusing on individual characters or groups, and then the fifth chapter has them all come together.
X could be the best MMORPG ever made, but I'll never know since it's Japanese only.
V also introduce monster collecting as a mechanic, and VI expanded on it so much one of its character got his own spin-off, and Pokemon ripped off this mechanic and completely watered it down. Can't even catch a super big secret monster that turns the final boss into such a joke that the final boss may as well be constantly shouting 'YAMATEEEEE TERRY!!!' (probably was in the Japanese version based on the English dialogue).

Attached: 1 metal slime going at incredibly high speeds.jpg (1915x801, 177K)

Wasn't there a huge server maintenance before the patch last time too? THAT hasn't even started yet.

Very interesting. I'll try III first and play all of these, except the one I can't.

>have you looked at french cartoons?
Yes. It is weird they will have full upper body nudity, yet then turn around and not allow characters to show legs or ass. In the US, they allow anything, but just increase the age rating.

>have you looked at american censorship of animes?
Yes. And I was calling it out as shit back in the 90s. But this was being done by idiot companies who weren't listening to the audience. And they paid for it by dying out as people went online to get the unedited anime. And today, the idiot media is continuing to censor stuff, and losing sales as a result (see Sony). So it's not "Americans" doing it, but a handful of social prudes within the companies.

"Wah! You can't have attractive females who like men in your anime and video games! That's taboo because I say so!" -SJW in charge of localization

"I'll just pirate it then." -Audience for the product

It's been years since I've played them so I've forgotten how bad the accent fuckery was in them But if XI isn't worse than them I guess I'll be fine, yeah.

5 is good but it slows to a fucking crawl after you get destoned. it lost its sense of direction and you just have to fuck around to see what you can do

yes

I meant after IX. I just write too fast.

Attached: 3a9d3a18141e3715412216c0174fc200.jpg (600x600, 387K)

>I'll try III first
If you want. Don't expect great characters though, the reason why it was revolutionary in its storytelling was because of a twist. Due to the class system, characters are weak.

IX is the best for co-op.
You can do the whole story + side quests with your friends.
It needs a remake on Switch.

The DQ V movie looks so fucking weird

Currently playing V right now and I haven't really felt that. Currently getting the Dragon Eyes so Zenethia can have its dragon or something though, so I don't know how much is left.
Also, do I have to fight that one boss that gets its own cutscene where it comes from the red lantern or whatever

just get them all on mobile from mobilism. get them for free or pay i guess if you really want. theyre the ds versions but with higher resolution and 4 at least has stuff added in that ds version didnt have. get 8, if you want to, on 3ds though with orchestrated music hacked in

i liked how in Dr Slump his characters were stylized and great-looking while still visibly having any ethnicity other than "anime." GOAT style, pity it's impossible to ape i.e. for low-poly indie games without blatantly ripping it off

There is no best game. You have good, great and amazing games. And it's up to you which ones go in which categories.

I know I'll get shit for it, but Miyazaki had tremendous talent for manga, Nausicaa is a fantastic comic. It's kind of a tragedy he decided to focus on anime instead.

>you seriously don't see how fucking influential Tojirama's designs were
Toriyama's designs are fucking terrible. Every character looks roughly the same and all of his monsters look terrible
>Take away Cell's hat, literally Frieza
>Take away details from Frieza and color his eyes black, literally have Jiren

That's because it's CG and copying a western design. It's a trojan horse to try and replace anime with western art. Which is what idiots keep asking for in every DQ thread. Then complain when it happens.

Anime was a mistake.

THANK YOU

someone put this side by side with that pic of the average white man going from chad to virgin over the past few decades holy shit

Kneel, pet.

Attached: (You) for ningen shitposters 4.png (831x1200, 890K)

i felt that REAL bad after getting uncucked. suddenly there was nowhere to go and i just had to fuck around to see if any plot lines activated. because its so directionless and your party only talks about whatever quest youre doing, theres nothing to set you on the right path. so i did the behemoose and wasnt strong enough because i was too early. i did the diddlago eyes and the cult but was bodied by the croc. then i did other shit for other shit and got strong enough to beat the swedish chef and it was all a big mess.

being able to go anywhere and activate any plot line really hurts the progression because most of that stuff cant be completed unless you finish a different thing

Look at these shit taste spics

I just went to every place with people Madason knows and continued the game just fine.
Only issue was finding the Faerie home. Figured I'd just go back to Madason's home town, turns out I was wrong.

i'm sorry i can't call the act of wearing two fluorescent napkins on my generic-ass dicklet japaneseman character "Great Design".

Toriyama's a hack, his fans are colorblind and autistic. deal with it.

Why is the "spic" boogeyman always so inconsistent when it comes to Dragon Ball/Toriyama?

Spics hate Toriyama but love Yamamuro.
As in they hate Toriyama's art but love all the new DB animation that was done for the Kai OPs and EDs, the cutscenes in Ultimate Tenkaichi, and all of Super except the new movie (which they bitched about)

>implying the autist isn't the guy who has been posting the exact same thing in the thread for like two hours, all the while being angry that a character from a video game is in a video game

>Spics hate Toriyama
lol not true
t. spic

That makes no sense considering dragon ball has always been loved there, but if you say so.

No, they hate Toriyama's art.
The like the Z era art, but hate classic DB art and Toriyama's later style.
Which is why they loved Super, because it's Toriyama's Z era art turned into animated action figures, stiff and lifeless drawings that are so shiny it looks like they're made of plastic.

>We didn’t get these songs in Smash

youtu.be/myjd1MnZx5Y

youtu.be/hh6J1pp2cqA

youtu.be/MOX4nd8zHIg

youtu.be/wLQCrTgPBLk

>But we did get Unflinchable Courage, probably the worst overworld theme in the entire series

FUCK

Toriyamas monsters have some of the most soul and personality out of every JRPG made.

I'm amazed that even Sakurai's charisma was enough to convince Sugiyama to cough up 8 songs at all. I heard one might not be a midi? I'll have to check later.

>an entire racial group dislikes a man's art style because my whacked-out brain says so
You know you sound like a crazy person, right?

Attached: 1548987556137.jpg (1080x540, 80K)

I could have sworn there was a DQ monster named Holocaust in one of the games but I seem to have been mistaken

WHHHHHHEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEE IS HEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: HRRRRGGGHHHHH.gif (220x220, 48K)

No, this is what spics are like.
They also steal, sell drugs, make the countries above them worse

cunny

Attached: EAudc_WX4AAQPbg.jpg (1100x619, 90K)

1 hour 30 minutes out

1 hour 25 minutes relax

Doesn't have the main theme
What's the point then?

>competitive fags don't use items because "muh randomness"
>new character is based entirely on random moves and sometimes gets random critical hits

Attached: 1560043377632.jpg (680x535, 80K)

that Veronica costume is cute and funny, haha!

Kindly go back to your containment board and stay there.

i don't care that DBZboy got in, i care that he stole my fucking moveset and didn't pay for it.
(though my reason for hating his design is different from that. I just think it's shit in general; not just un DQ but also in Dragonball and his other works. Guy just doesn't know how to make characters look distinct and how to make clothing look appealing).

SWEAR TO ME

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (480x360, 19K)

His name is Fly.

Yea Forums is the containment board retard.
Yea Forums is quite literally /b2/ at this point.

Holy shit, nobody fucking cares he stole your main's moveset or whatever, grow the fuck up. It's a fucking video game you massive tard.

For North Americans or Japan?

Actually it was never really about the items themselves. If they had set spawn points and set times in their spawns, then certain items would be seen as fine. The problem was that items could spawn right next to you, also with any item on, Capsules would spawn and those all have a chance of just blowing up. So the issue of a potential death from attacking a capsule that spawned in front of you and being in the middle of attack was something they wanted to avoid.

Hero's RNG is something the player can easily work around. It isn't completely out of their hands. The potential for a Psyche-up crit is pretty scaring, but people will just deal with it.

is there a color atleast?

DBZ is the worst offender though.

No female alt skin. Dropped.

Attached: EAwEOPnWkAEHPNh.png (413x600, 286K)

I swear it Batman. I would never lie to you. It's the same time Joker came out. You remember Joker, NOT THAT JOKER. You remember his release.

>No Ashlynn at all not even a spirit or a song from her game

What a complete and total disgrace.

Attached: 5A97EE70-A310-4C2C-9A88-D1AFE610A763.jpg (1024x846, 112K)

I hope all Erdrickfags get cancer.

if you're here can you explain some more?
Why do different symbols or sets of symbols sound the same? can those 3 Davids be read a different way too?

So that thief Joker gave me the release window, eh? I guess crime DOES pay.

Attached: 1505172060152.gif (500x420, 360K)

Terry is the best part of VI mate
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIrb1ThcVYg
Also, my captcha had a guy driving past a crashed motorcycle. Weird

I, III and XI all have the title Erdrick/Loto dumbass

everyone

NEAT
E E
A A
T T

Batman! It's actually in 10 minutes batman, My watch was set wrong.

HOLY FUCK

Attached: HOLY SMOKES OLD CHUM.jpg (600x600, 26K)

False alarm Bats. 1 more hour still. It's 8pm est for midnight western europe/UK. I'm so excited my time conversions have gone to shit.

YOU LIED TO ME I TOLD YOU TO SWEAR AND YOU LIED TO THE BATMAN

Attached: RGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1613x2881, 1.24M)

I'm sorry Bats. The original time I gave was still correct. I just got excited because of my watch. I'm sorry. Patch notes are up though.

BETTER LOCK YOUR DOORS SHITSTAIN, BATMAN KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE

Attached: hes coming.jpg (450x320, 22K)

I just got home from work and he isn't here. fuck you homie

Based bat-bro

link?

Yeah, but in the beginning we see that they intend for him to take up the mantle from Ortega from pretty much his birth or at least toddlerhood. So in that same sense he's born into the role, same as 1. Actually even more so

So, how long until he drops?

20 minutes

Based

why is dragon quest music so bad and cheap sounding

Really?

No

Erdrick is a title given only to the protagonist of DQ3, at the end of the game, and also DQ11, the information was probably leaked by some dumb normie who knows no DQ.

>when jokes go to far

Nintendo must have sucked Sugiyama's dick really good in order to approve of the songs we're getting in the game. As good as those other songs are, the battle songs are the most emblematic ones and would make the most sense of getting in

>Erdrick

Attached: 1559872567459.gif (310x262, 260K)

Except we don't have the main theme song.

Shut up you fucking weeb

Remember when you posted this everyday in every DQ or Smash thread because you are an autistic Sorafag.

Attached: toastedveggies.png (684x489, 51K)

At least Sora doesn't say "Kasizzle!"

You are in no position to be posting here, cum guzzling nigger

Yeah, instead he fly a ship made of lego blocks to go save Elsa from the evil black blobs while Goofy and Donald help him, because they need to save King Mickey, and Sephiroth is there cuz he's so cool.
Kingdom Hearts is the most autistic game series in existence

Kinda disappointed that they used the Overture for the victory jingle instead of the level up fanfare

that was never going to happen

>togashi
here's your soul bro

Attached: 1549016715172.jpg (642x960, 198K)

Attached: 298&312.jpg (1266x950, 708K)

>they used the Overture for the victory jingle
wtf Samurai.

kek

he's definitely good when he's good, but his bad is so bad.. toriyama never fell to such trash levels.

Read Takemitsu Zamurai by Taiyo Matsumoto. Absolutely stunning artwork.

Attached: takemitsu-zamurai-1742788.jpg (800x1155, 173K)

Attached: takemitsu.png (1833x1300, 429K)

what manga?

Attached: takemitsu-zamurai-1338342.jpg (800x1212, 122K)