Struggling to do hellsweeps at will in matches

>struggling to do hellsweeps at will in matches
>struggling to get consistent electrics in practice, forget about actual matches
>Tekkens weird juggle heavy combo system gives me a headache especially the numerous fall animations
>getting down milisecond dashes so I can get optimum wall carry is annoying
>can't activate the so called vortex
>accidentally jump sometimes instead of sidestepping
>can't even fucking figure out WHEN I should be sidestepping
>apparently Kaz has a electric beyond an electric how the fuck am I suppose to do that
>despite all this steadily improving at KBD/wavedashing

Learning with Kazuya but do the skills transfer over to the other Mishimas.

Attached: 7 games in an you make a good one.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4Ej3AJOGU9I
youtube.com/watch?v=FMoEitZiCtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Learning Kazuya or even gitting gud at Tekken 7 is genuinely not worth it. Harada is such a fucking hack that the terrible campaign and content is the least of the game's problems:
>sidestepping has been nerfed to such egregious proportions that it's no wonder there are characters from strictly 2D fighting games as guests plaguing the fucking story mode
>KBD still takes eleventy million hours to even remotely git gud at, and it shouldn't even be there because it's an execution barrier to basic fucking movement.
>Game is imbalanced as fuck, with Chun Li 2.0 Savate THOT being able to do basic yet effective juggles with just spamming the left kick button
>characters like Kazuya rely so fucking much on whiff punishing, which means if you can't do KBD you are fucked six ways from Sunday
>game is still too overly reliant on juggles
>wake up punish is still retarded, as is the opposite, wake up options out the ass that basically turn any knockdown into a 50/50 fest for the rest of the match
>movement still feels sluggish and slow
>backstep is non existent
For being a 3D fighting game, Harada sure can't stop turning it into a 2D iteration with each passing sequel. Fucking fat Jap kike

t. Tekken player since 1

Attached: 1562333035833.png (273x423, 283K)

>>game is still too overly reliant on juggles

>Have unbalanced as fuck game because some characters get ridiculous damage off of any launcher while other get fuck all
>implement system that streamlines combos and evens out damage across all characters without having to fuck-up non-launch state damage of moves
>some faggot that can't into frame data keeps getting launched and claims the game is overly reliant on juggling when its introduction has been one of the best additions to the series from a competitive standpoint

>t. Tekken player since 1
that explains it

idk man it's not that hard, I transferred from SF and I think it's a little easier than that game. KBD and advanced movement is hard but stick to fundamentals then let the advanced stuff develop.

>sidestepping has been nerfed
yes because some characters could do a fucking fist of the north star on your ass in 6 and Tag 2 you retard

20 dollars have been placed into your Fist of the Iron Shillâ„¢

all this does is make KBD even more of a fucking necessity than it needs to be. Why even MAKE a 3D fighting game if moving on a THREE DIMENSIONAL plane is discouraged?

Just know this: unless you are literally planning on becoming a true Tekken god or Evo champion there is a lot of shit you dont even NEED to do to use Kazuya depending on what level you hit. Im a season 1 yellow rank Kazuya and i literally cannot even wavedash and i hardly ever use electrics. Shit like df1 is so good and can be mixed up into a 50/50, hellsweeps are nearly unseeble and you can throw them off by turning it into a rising uppercut instead, df2 is mostly always safe and can CH into a full combo, db,4 is excellent, f,n,df,3 has a massive fucking hitbox as you fly fowards and twin pistons is fucking so godly like you wouldn't believe. I spend all my time against A.King's literally being able to quickly duck into an instant twin pistons while they are still trying to throw out their usual highs.

tl;dr: he isn't as hardcore complex as people make out. He has few moves but a lot of them are GOOD moves and harder to see/punish than Yea Forums pretends.

Attached: 25BE0A87-7998-4336-89F6-F9A9D9032233.jpg (600x840, 86K)

6 and T2 had shit sidestep compared to T3-5DR. 6 was when they killed sidestep

If sidestepping means so much to you then main lili. be fucking warned though, OP stepping or not, Kazuya's b+4 will stamp that strafing bollocks out hard. Not even lili is safe from that gpd tracking of b+4 (which is fucking CH launch btw)

Try learning AK, good wavedash, and helps to learn how to move

Then there's this faggot
>sidestepping has been nerfed to such egregious proportions that it's no wonder there are characters from strictly 2D fighting games as guests plaguing the fucking story mode
This doesn't make any sense. Sidestepping has never been powerful and has always been about sidestepping to the weak side of the opponent. It has been like that since fucking Tekken 5, the fact that you haven't learned this means that you haven't given this game/series much thought.
>KBD still takes eleventy million hours to even remotely git gud at, and it shouldn't even be there because it's an execution barrier to basic fucking movement.
You can fucking learn how to do it in 2 weeks practicing only 20 minutes per day, is all about execution. No Tekken game is just "mash the fucking pad to move"
>Game is imbalanced as fuck, with Chun Li 2.0 Savate THOT being able to do basic yet effective juggles with just spamming the left kick button
>Katarina
>Umbalanced
What the fuck? Do you mash buttons and not think about punishing or sidestepping?
>characters like Kazuya rely so fucking much on whiff punishing, which means if you can't do KBD you are fucked six ways from Sunday
Newsflash: All characters rely on whiff punish and you can safely punish with Kazuya by learning how to wave dash. Characters without wavedash have a harder time to punish.
>game is still too overly reliant on juggles
That is true when you play with people that only throw launchers and unsafe moves
>wake up punish is still retarded, as is the opposite, wake up options out the ass that basically turn any knockdown into a 50/50 fest for the rest of the match
You shouldn't be using wakeup attacks, you'll get punished. All the time. Low kicks can be parried, mid kicks can be punished with a 12f.
>movement still feels sluggish and slow
What? No, this is a lie
>backstep is non existent
What the fuck?

Attached: 155243024365.png (454x455, 315K)

>main lili.
only real degenerates main lili

Imagine spending all this time and trying to actually to learn all this stuff like the basement dwelling virgin you are.

noctchad wins again.

Attached: 1.jpg (1440x1080, 513K)

>Win rate at 50.6%
>Over 2.7k wins
>Still Yaksa
>user posted this thinking this was some sort of accomplishment
Also
>Playing on PC, where the biggest amount of shitters play
Jesus Fucking Christ, just stop.

1. play kazumi
2. win
that's all there is to it

>Win rate at 50.6%
pretty good for my first 3d game that I have spent 500 hours with.

imagine actually believing this. You are probably a wifi warrior.

>people STILL can't recognize the Bloody Roar shill
chill out dude he's just going to respond with the pastas he cooks up all day

How about you imbecile focus on winning, instead of doing all that minmaxing shit?

>Wifi Warrior
Also
>Being that deluded
I would like to know where do people play at tournaments and what settings do they use
Also
>muh first 3d fightan
>still just barely over 50%
>with Noctis, out of all characters

I don't know all the big memes of Yea Forums, sorry.

no hes right fighting communities are console pc is filled with literal retards and guys just modding nude models for characters

>he doesnt know about ps4

sidestep block was still op in tag2. tekken 7 vanilla had dogshit sidestep, but fr dramatically improved it, while keeping a nerf to ss block. if you commit to the ss its still strong.

hellsweep are unseeable period.
also if by rising uppercut you mean cd1, never use that move. its trash.

>Get Tekken 7 for PC
>Get 40 straight wins until Genbu, where someone beats me once and then they leave
>Months later
>Get Tekken 7 for PS4
>Get straight wins until Warrior
>Decent people against me
>Check their profiles
>They are mostly Tekken Gods learning how to play new characters
>Get my ass handed to me more than once
No, PS4 has a lot of fucking good people playing Tekken 7, people that have had the game since it released and have been playing at least since Tekken 6 because playing Tekken meant having a PlayStation
On PC? People buy Tekken on steam because of a sale, buy DLC, mod the game, spend 12 hours on the fucking single player campaign, play dress-up, go online, get beaten as soon as they get to Grand Master and spend the rest of the day lurking the Tekken forums on steam, complaining about Xiaoyu, Lee, Negan, Noctis and Geese, instead of fucking learning how to play the game.

based retard. enjoy your tekken 3 sperglords who pick kazuya and spam the jumping hellsweep, 10 strings and 1243 and then blame their losses on 'juggles'.
all good players outside of japan play pc.

>hellsweep are unseeable period.
Just keep Kazuya away from you. It's not hard, keep your distance.

Streamers aren't good players, dipshit.

what does that have to do with it being seeable.
also, youtu.be/4Ej3AJOGU9I
just keep him out lol. season 2 kazuya is top 15 easy

Attached: 1563723142566.jpg (992x558, 44K)

>He cares about tiers in Tekken
Wanna know how I'm certain that you're a shitter?
TMM has done too much harm to Tekken along with Aris

Just play Paul, he's ez execution and his optimal combos are short

it someone says 'just keep him out' they are clearly implying the character is not strong because they play them and are bad.

>TMM has done too much harm to Tekken along with Aris
harm as in improving it with tutorials and guides that are missing from the game

>tiers
heh, nothing personal, kid.

Attached: Panda.jpg (2400x1600, 1.86M)

Attached: exmjq3dst8131.jpg (1152x1152, 150K)

Nah, I don't play Kazuya, but if you can't seriously keep a Kazuya at a distance, your problem isn't really Kazuya, it's you.
I've been playing these games for over 10 years now and complaining about a character having something unfair means that you don't know how to handle them, because if that were the case, then why is it that no tournaments are dominated by Mishimas? These past TWTs have had the most varied winners so far, yet people still complain about some characters being OP.
Harm as in creating an army of brainlets that just spout whatever he says. If TMM says a character is/isn't hard, you're gonna have 1/4 of the Tekken 7 community spouting it like it was some sort of fact.

>tutorials meme

I find Lili fun to fight. I hate faggots like you that discourage people to play certain characters.

Tekken is not a game for brainlets.

Attached: 1561959786195.jpg (310x310, 33K)

Isn't that the pollack guy? He plays pretty good, you know, for not having a missing hand.
Yet this guy complains less than the people here that, I asume, have both hands

>an army of brainlets that just spout whatever he says
that always happens when vidya ecelebs appear
i'd take that army of idiots that will eventually learn the game over a dead population any day

Kazuya is a brainlet character made for actual literal drooling retards how can you not play him at the highest possible level just beating your head into your stick

Attached: 1vYNZYhD.png (555x555, 440K)

yes its him

probably this guy
gajda
look him up he fought against the best korean devil jin, qudans (historically a tekken legend) and did alright

I also found a twitch streamer that plays on stick and has some sort of motion disability, he's on a wheelchair and doesnt move his hands or fingers properly, he's savior rank with chloe.

it really is a bitch slap to your face when you complain about execution barrier, just practice more

Attached: gajda 2 fingerz.jpg (800x530, 59K)

Tekken was not dead, there was more people playing them for funand not for competitive, this tekken is more reflected towards competitive as it's why the discussions about this game are about that.

I just don't like how he presents some of his opinions as facts and doesn't encourage his audience to form their own opinions.
Based, do you have the ID of that disabled guy? I wanna see him.

>"not a game for brainlets"
>rewards button mashing more than any other fighting game
>random sand nigger shits on 20+ year established korean "pros"

Attached: 1564421717129.jpg (614x500, 26K)

How is it a meme to explain to your players how to perform certain actions that will help them win more?

twitch.tv/apsuli
this guy
he's finnish too and his accent is unironically hilarious, in a good way.

im a neet with no money on my prepaid card, so consider giving out like 2 dollars

>>rewards button mashing more than any other fighting game
No, it doesn't. Button mashers are a rare sight out of warrior, which should take you 2 days to reach if you're decent.
>random sand nigger shits on 20+ year established korean "pros"
So this only means that the games is balanced because ANYBODY CAN FUCKING GO ON TOP AND SHIT ON ESTABLISHED LEGENDS.
Arabs have been getting exponentially good in Tekken since Tekken Tag 2, it really is sad you haven't seen this.

all i said was hellsweep is unseeable you mongoloid. if you really think you can beat mishimas with 'keep out' youre a fucking spastic.

>playing treasure battle
>get special chest
>unlock items for DLC characters I never bought
fuck you harada

Finally a legitimate complain

>it's bad that new talent comes on the scene
>arslan ash only won 1 tournament and hasn't been consistently getting top 8s proving that it wasn't random and he is very skilled
Shut up retard.

>the same pros consistently make it to top 8 from pools, even in bo1
>uhhh its random

>he doesn't know what the TranMan did to Arslan at WSOE

besides Pakistan was previously an unknown anyways.

God this just makes me feels much goddamn worse.

Also is it easier on stick or pad. See a lot of people play on pad co

>8000 wins
>only vanquisher
>with relatively easy to rank lucky chloe
Not really a statement, even with the disability.

lili

Attached: lili6.png (639x889, 1.03M)

She in.

Being good at fighting games sounds like hell. I just press buttons and have fun.

Tekken's controls are kinda bullshit though, I agree.

8k wins and imagine the losses
he knows the fundamentals of the game
the statement is neva give up and don't be a bitch

>lol, what's impressive about this literal retard having a decent rank
The fact that he doesn't give up, nor is he bitching, like most of you faggots

pad is the cheapest and more common way
movement is pretty good
button input can get messy and inaccurate depending on the character you play, but you can bind the shoulder buttons
i've seen a lot of pros doing great on pad.

Stick is the way the game was designed orignally(for arcades) button input is great because the button themselves are big and spaced out.
movement from what i hear takes a lot to get used to

post your rank

youtube.com/watch?v=FMoEitZiCtw
>i can't do electrics

Played Tekken since the first game.

Tekken 7 is probably the best new Tekken but this series has been fucked for a long time, I hope Tekken 8 really tried some new things.
>Mid/High/Low Doesn't really matter as they don't actually respect a categorized property so you have to learn each move individually
>Different sides of screen can had advantages based on character
>Movement can be dealt with, but its gotten to the point you can see characters being weaker due to its shitty movement system
>Air juggling is the only real way to win (Not bad just boring) It happened a lot in the past in all fairness but it should be changed a bit because its fucking dull. Poke fights are really good shit on Tekken 7 though.
>No creativity in maps
>Movement is restrictive, bland and annoying works though at least
>KBD is pretty much a requirement and you can't compete at higher ranks if you can't do it, not even professionally also its a cancerous advantage just for the sake of it despite it being basic movement
>Technique character get fucked because of inconsistent moves and loose immense value because unlike SC series move types don't respect a set of rules
>Have to learn a whole game per character and fighter
>Sidestepping subjected purely to sidestepping character specific weaknesses thus making stage awareness less more annoying to deal with
>70% are people trying to be pro tryhards on potato wifi making the game insufferably annoying rather than fun to play (at least at low ranks unless you play on PC which is much more fun to be fair)
>Fanbase claims game is uber balanced and anyone can win meanwhile a nigga playing a low tier bitch has to put in at least 3x the effort at high ranks unless they're lucky idiots (But anyone can win to be fair)
>Perfect game for anyone who wants to be good at it and will solely dedicate themselves for it, don't have fun with other fighters though
At least unbalanced T4 tried new things, this is like T5 new skins in lootboxes.

Alright guys how about this,
a game where if you want to go right, you press right
and if you want to go left, you press left
not this bullshit doubletap crouch cancel bullshit just to move
It's like playing fucking qwop

fuck off, low skill ceiling kills fighting games.
if you cant KBD either learn or stop playing. If you don't wanna practice don't play fighting games.

>a game where if you want to go right, you press right
>and if you want to go left, you press left
so tekken?

is this the /kaz/ general? How do i get 3 electrics into df1,4? I can get df2,PEWGF somewhat consistent but i cant figure this shit out.

I find it impressive in its own way but he is not proof for the statement that anyone can git gud as he is not really there yet.

Trying new things means shit if the execution is awful. T5 was amazing and was vastly different from 7, you're talking out of your ass.

what's the point of 3 ewgf into df14?
isn't the dash 1 a better wall carry?

I once played someone from /tekgen/. He unironically rage quitted on me, what a bitch.

Style points.

>We should only expect devs to do shit

I don't really care, I'd take T4's unbalanced ass any day at this point. Tekken has become incredibly stale whilst literally any other fighter tries new things without relying on the ridiculous amount of knowledge Tekken requires to make it a "deep" fighter.

Fighters don't have to try new things all the times, but Tekken sure as hell has to when it relies on shit like KBD which is a fundamental for gameplay.

Also Tekken 5 was shit until Dark Resurrection, don't fucking tell me that game was good til then at least.
All Tekken 5 did was make a slightly better Tekken 3 with not fucked over the head balance.

Yet again, Tekken could really do with a dose of Tekken 4 despite the shit show that was with flat out infinite air juggles.

The only person talking from their ass is you and you know it. Tekken is stale and relying on you knowing every move individually constantly and each character you match against as your character.
Its not even a case of "Oh she can zone me!" its literally a fucking case I can't fucking use my normal combos on you. I don't even know how people enjoy it so much nowadays when the winning point of matches in any rational way has become "air juggles!" its fucking boring. Which is a pity because poking in Tekken is really fun.

TLDR: You have downs and clearly haven't played any other Tekken but 7 (maybe 6 and 5) and must love Twitch streamers and Asians.
Tag2 and Tag 1 don't matter in this case.
Inb4
>You don't even like Tekken!
Meanwhile I buy every other fighter and invest enough time to learn them but Tekken requires autism to play fluently, yet I own every Tekken game hoping it will one day simply not be the same shit.
I may hate Tekken 4, but damn, it really did it try to save this franchise from itself and fan base.

Attached: 1550602058239.gif (500x500, 2.41M)

1.Just because it's the norm for sidestep top be useless in a three dimensional fighting game doesn't make it acceptable. fuck off

>dude just be yourself and be good at KBD
3. not even a real response just presumptions
>Thinks KBD is not essential, just wavedash
You're a fucking a retard
4. Not it's true 24/7, stop defending shit mechanics
5. Not really a rebuttal to my argument here, just confirming that it
6. Bruh, I can move around faster in Battle Arena Toshinden 3, a game on the PS1 that also features three dimensional space. Stop fucking apologizing for shit parts of the game, it's embarrasing.

Attached: 1561776685788.jpg (650x356, 71K)

So, you're saying you've been playing Tekken since at least Tekken 4 and you're still shit at it?
Really?
All that fuckign wallpost just to say that you're a shitter that can't learn a game?
>Try new things
Tekken 7 has a fuckton of new things compared to Tag 2, a solar system compared to Tekken 6 and a fucking universe compared to Tekken 5, yet you're saying that the peak of innovation in the franchise was Jin Kazama's Dead or Alive?
Fucking nostalgiafaggots

You forgot that the competitive scene of Tekken want back to Tag 1 since 4 was bad.

guys what if he made a three dimensional game that overtly punishes the player for trying to move out of the 2D fighting line? Fuck off Tekken apologists, even SC mastered this eons before Tekken.

Attached: 1550323632481.jpg (684x1000, 65K)

Whatever, git gud or go home. Thank God Tekken 7 won't stop being one of the most played fighting games, Harada won't be cattering to your ass and Tekken 8 is going to be one of the fighting games with most sold copies.

eerF tneR

KBD isn't hard bro. Also anyone who thinks Katarina is unbalanced, because she has an easy unoptimized juggle is retarded.

Just because you suck at tekken movement doesn't mean everyone else does

>So, you're saying you've been playing Tekken since at least Tekken 4 and you're still shit at it?
No retard, coming from the one saying Tekken 5 was good and not DR specifically.
Also I mentioned Tekken 3's balance you damned autistic fool, literally fuck yourself yourself.

>All that fuckign wallpost just to say that you're a shitter that can't learn a game?
I play Chloe, Lili and Lars. I and I'm at Fujin/Raijin (to be honest don't remember since I've gotten to a point Tekken is now becoming dull to me.)
I've played it for enough years to know it and play it just fine, I'm not the best by any means and neither are you sperg ass retard.

>Tekken 7 has a fuckton of new things compared to Tag 2
I probably didn't make it clear, but I'm not talking about the Tag games at all nor do I care for them.
That and a faggot like you probably wouldn't understand to even bother mentioning the Tag games which are infamously retarded despite their popularity.

>a solar system compared to Tekken 6 and a fucking universe compared to Tekken 5
No it hasn't, in fact it took shit from Tekken 4 now and just alters a few things and composes them differently etc etc, Tekken hasn't added a solar system worth in any way beyond move lists apart from the jagged nonsense it always likes to pass off as "complex".

>Fucking nostalgiafaggots
Aww its a pity a faggot like you can't say that because you're so ashamed your a newfag to Tekken, Don't worry baby, soon we'll be at Tekken 20 and you can say you played the "classics".

No, I'm well aware, the other user just have a bitchfit trying to make it look like I worship Tekken 4's cock because he doesn't like the fact it was creative. Tekken 4 is shit through and through however.
The only 100% T4 had aesthetic, it was damn nice. If it had better polish that game really could have been something, its like it got released with no play testing.
That and yet again, it was creative at the very least.

Attached: 1531034703665.gif (255x276, 501K)

Practically every top-level player that plays online plays on PC for Tekken. That includes Koreans like JDCR, Knee, and Kkokkoma and Americans like Anakin, Lil Majin, and Shadow. You're also far more likely to get connections that aren't complete trash.

post proof that you are fujin

>yes Harada-san, plunge your tiny nip dick down my throat and let me get a load of that glorious smegma, flowing down my esophagus.

Attached: 1555468450899.gif (500x382, 388K)

20 more dollars have been deposited into your King of the Iron Shillâ„¢ account.

Attached: 1554943862093.png (400x200, 73K)

Nice counterargument

you didn't provide a counterargument to my original argument here, apart from strawman and ad hominem.

KBD isn't hard. Shitters in green ranks can do it without needing "years" to get good at like you said. Also your reasoning for why Katarina is unbalanced is stupid, and she isn't even one of the strongest characters in the game. Also if you are getting hit by a shit ton of wake up kicks then learn your character's oki.

People praise their main when they are treated in the story and by Harada as jokes outside of the Mishima's, we should demand that they are treated better in their cutscenes
>INB4 you're a Paulfag

guys, I'm a lucky chloe main. abuse me

>it isn't hard
Source: your ass

Source: Green rank shitter can do it. It isn't even that necessary early on.

>going by an arbitrary rank online that one can lose and gain in every match to determine the difficulty level of a bullshit mechanic that was originally a bug, but was demanded to remain by tournyfags to offset the terrible movement.

Attached: 1554835413625.webm (640x640, 2.81M)

Well green rank players are generally newer players, so the fact that they could do it means it shouldn't take the "years" that you claimed.

>can deal with all of this since I will never play on top level, but combos taking 80% of your health is just too much and ruins the fun and risk/reward ratio.

Attached: 1434262449485.jpg (610x395, 74K)

>play treasure battle
>get chests
>still no beard for Jin or ninja scarf for Leo

Attached: Goddammit.jpg (1080x1196, 130K)

>treasure battle is just a worse ghost mode
you can fight bosses at least, but they might can ruin your win streak

Why do i see so many Tekken shitpost false flag threads in these last few days?
New season/Tekken8/TTT3 gets announced this weekend, is that why people use their last shitty baits before Tekkenfans blow up into massive hype?

>a bigger fucking wallpost
>dude, I'm a fujiin, so I know what I'm talking about
>conveniently ignoring the fact that I mentioned 6 and 5.
If you like Tekken 4 that much, go and play Dead or Alive, you massive greenlet.
eerF tneRent Free
Fucking greenlets, why do you think your opinion matters?
You should only be able to talk about Tekken if you're Tekken God Prime, no less.
Tag 2 had a better Ghost Battle

basically

Maybe the greenlets are finally relieved that they might be going to yellow ranks in S3/T8/TTT3.
Hopefully Harada will add Baby Mode, where you can KBD and have the game play itself.

Is this shit dead on PS4? I was considering picking it up

PS4 > PC > Xbox

>Fucking greenlets, why do you think your opinion matters? You should only be able to talk about Tekken if you're Tekken God Prime, no less.
This def. proves Tekken is not about fun anymore, just plan pure autism competitive.

>muh kindergarden is ruined >:'(

Posting this picture just to say why I think asking people for proof of their ranks is retarded, especially on here, makes you look like a steam fag, and I'm not starting a fucking channel and making videos for you can feel validated.
Go back to twitch pussy, you're not looking clever with your founding argument being how I love Tekken 4 despite my compliment being it was creative.

I never said being a Fujin meant I know what I'm talking about, I clearly said I'm not the best.
But the only faggot who don't see what this series is clearly joined anywhere after Tekken 3, its not creative and rank in Tekken online really can boil down to nothing, that and yet again, you've a got a whole cast you've got to always be aware of more than any other fighter.

>If you like Tekken 4 that much, go and play Dead or Alive, you massive greenlet.
I've played that for centuries, and actually spammed those games since they were fun despite being simpler, but at least not every single action was a head scratch to learn. S+ on there already bitch and B5 on SC6.

Attached: eduactional and informative.jpg (400x227, 120K)

*Stream fag
Politely correcting myself, because I like that.

>you've a got a whole cast you've got to always be aware of more than any other fighter.
How is that a problem?

>Trusting Harada

Its a problem in the sense its ridiculous.
The reason why the cast is so hard to learn is because the games moves break their own rules purely to do launched combo's.

I already said a few posts back, Tekken is purely fine if its the only fighter you play (and want to be good at) and that T7 is one of the better entries too.

My primary point is that its stale because it purely relies in these obscure details with every character, rather than having better mechanics it relies on every move itself being a chore to understand per character and matchup in some instances.

As I said, fine if you're purely dedicating yourself to it, but I think in the long run its shown this series doesn't have more potential than to carry on doing the same shit it has been since T3/5.

Your third wallpost just says that you prefer simpler games.
If you prefer simpler games then Tekken is not for you
It has never been for you, stop lying to yourself, unless you want to play the 3DS port of Tekken 6 or the Wii U port of TTT2

>The reason why the cast is so hard to learn is because the games moves break their own rules purely to do launched combo's.
Give examples about what you are talking about. Are you talking about shit crushing mids, because that isn't that common.

Most high/mid/low crushing moves can be punished real hard.
The only character that had that many crushes was Zafina, and she got canned.

Are there even that many mid crushes in the game?
Only one I can think of is Josie's UB3.

>Your third wallpost just says that you prefer simpler games.
No Tekken is also documented like shit being a big problem if you're very new, so learning everything is down to practice mode 24/7 or checking out with the community. You legit can learn more from watching one good match online than actually playing the game, at least once you wrap your mind around the inputs.
That's a tad ridiculous and no other fighter does detail like that

Not crush, I'm talking about how for example a low attack will not always be a low in the traditional fashion, so you have weird punishes happening as well while getting from the floor and it changes between characters. This applies to mids and highs too.
Nearly every game is inconsistent to some capacity, but Tekken its where its entire learning experience comes from that largely because you have such a large roster too.

Lets say in Soulcalibur, you have Low/Mid/High
You also have S-Low, it does some extra category work to make it informative that functions differently despite how it looks and you can make sense of the rest of the moves that work like that. In Tekken you have to make sense of that on an individual basic.

In Tekken at the very least, when you learn combos and what connects with your own character you can establish some strong rules, it still makes it a mess.

>>struggling to do hellsweeps at will in matches

it's literally just a dp lmao

If you can't do a DP you need to find a different genre to play, bro.

Attached: 1446401243306.jpg (860x1152, 296K)

>Not crush, I'm talking about how for example a low attack will not always be a low in the traditional fashion, so you have weird punishes happening as well while getting from the floor and it changes between characters. This applies to mids and highs too.
I don't know what you are talking about. Do you have a specific move to use as an example?

I really would love an a example of "a low attack will not always be a low in the traditional fashion"
I want a command, where have you seen this?

this
play an actually good videogame instead of repetitive fighting trash, genre has been stagnant for like 20 years at this point

>t. 18 years old zoomer

To pull one out of my ass (this isn't a low however, its a mid if I remember correctly)

Lili 3 (might have been 4) the kick she does where she turns herself around. (Haven't played for a while)
If you start comparing you'll get what I mean.

To put it simply, if you guys don't understand what I mean is that, Tekken takes it hit box so literally the the category for the moves don't actually really matter and its just a general direction of the move rather than a rule whereas while an enemy is launched it may also function quite differently.

Low/Mid/High in Soulcalibur is very consistent vs Tekken as my plain example.
If you guys really don't get what I mean I'll assume you've only played Tekken, which is fine by all means.
That or you guys don't play at all.

>To put it simply, if you guys don't understand what I mean is that, Tekken takes it hit box so literally the the category for the moves don't actually really matter and its just a general direction of the move rather than a rule whereas while an enemy is launched it may also function quite differently
Adding to my post, this goes for floored opponents too and it applies with every move being unique in its own right for this.
With Tekken, I've literally stopped paying attention to if a move is Low/Mid/High because it doesn't matter much in the end.
Learn your crushes, learn your frames etc etc.
But Low/Mid/High isn't going to teach you shit in Tekken.

Categories of a move absolutely do matter. The only time the category of a move is inconsistent is when evasion is evolved.

I haven't touched a single SC since IV.
No, Lili's kicks aren't what you're describing, a better example are Anna's super armour move and one of Kazuya's moves, don't know the command, it's a mid but it looks like he is attacking low.
Even then, I really don't see how's that a problem, but I have been playing exclusively Tekken as my only fighting game since Tekken 5
But Low/Mid/High isn't going to teach you shit in Tekken.
Nah, that's just simply bullshit.

>The only time the category of a move is inconsistent is when evasion is evolved
Which is because the moves in Tekken by standard are not consistant in their function and way they are identified, every detail is every unique to a point is unnecessary.

>Categories of a move absolutely do matter.
Not literally, but for the most part, the only catagory you really need to make the most simple understanding of is
>Oooh I can crouch duck a high!
>Ooh I can do naughty things to people who low!

The moves still individually follow their own moves.

>No, Lili's kicks aren't what you're describing
They are because I main Lili.
It has a very different function unnecessarily so when you compare it to similar move category. Not calling her the worst one to do this, but she does apply.

>Anna's super armour move and one of Kazuya's moves, don't know the command, it's a mid but it looks like he is attacking low
This isn't what I'm talking about, what you're describing here is what I mentioned in SC with S-low pretty much.
I'm not talking about this at all, I really don't know how to describe it better. Perhaps the way the hit actually reaches the opponent?

>Even then, I really don't see how's that a problem, but I have been playing exclusively Tekken as my only fighting game since Tekken 5
This isn't a problem, its just its so excess if you want breathing space to play other fighters comfortably too. But with Tekken it requires some excess dedication to know it all properly. Nothing wrong with play Tekken exclusively, its just its too much if you want the room and it got a bit stale imo.

>Nah, that's just simply bullshit.
In a very literal sense, yeah it will give some good direction in a very bare bones way.
You can't learn a high in Tekken the same way you do in Soulcalibur, as I said, because each move is very specific beyond its frames.
Perhaps what I'm trying to say is the hit boxes?

Categories and hitbox are very different things and yes, Tekken 7's are some of the weirdest in the series, considering Asuka can launch with WS 3 from a mile away
Because categories of high, mid, low are important, even taking into account sidestepping, because most if not all characters have a tracking high, mid and low, and yeah, there are mids that look like lows and mids that look like highs, but I have never seen a low that looks or behaves like a mid and a high that looks or behaves like a mid, and this is true since Tekken 5, so, again, don't see the problem as I've been playing it as my only fighting game.

>high that looks or behaves like a mid, and this is true since Tekken 5
Not the problem.
Its that not all mids, act exactly like mids.
But now that I collect my mind a lot better, hit boxes is a very BIG thing I'm trying to describe.

I think I understand what you are talking about. A character has high moves, but they vary in range, speed, and frame data so the category is very undescriptive. The only solutions I can think of to this issue is to make a million new categories or gut movesets.

Thats not how it works bud. Thats never been how it works. Why lie about it?

>4 million and still climbing

Attached: Capture.jpg (626x782, 97K)

Play a good Kaz then like Kodee. Keep him out rofl that doesn't happen. If anything you want to smother them not aid them in putting you in a vortex by playing passively or at range where you get fucked by electric.

>almost made it to grand master
>demoted back to 1st dan by a steve player and 2 lars players
>barely claw my way back to expert
>demoted to initiate again

Attached: 1556980027178.jpg (812x750, 79K)

>grandmaster
that's... one of the tutorial ranks, dude.

Nigga, just post your in game stats. This shit is not hard, stop trying to avoid it, because really, I highly doubt you are at Fujin even with the stupid as fuck ranking system that is S2.

I don't know if it was necessarily TMM and Aris, but something happened over the past couple of years to reduce the Tekken community to most goon-y group outside of Smash players.

How to get better in any fighting game:

Once you know your character's moves and are comfortable with the game, play someone much better than you. Not too much better than you though. Play him as many times as he'll let you. Play like you're trying to win but don't ever expect you. Your goal here is to pay attention to what he's doing to you and learn from it. Pick up some of his tricks, try everything you can until you start to find ways around his traps. Lose, lose, lose but fight your hardest. You won't be able to notice it happening and you won't be able to beat your opponent but you're getting better with every match.

I know, man. It's hard to play online when everyone you play against quits after 1 loss