Gamestop stock loses 91% of it's value in 4 YEARS!

Despite news earlier in the month week that Gamestop had hired to design firm R/GA to revamp their business and give "stores a unique layout and purpose that appeal to gamers", the company has struggled to convince shareholders that the retailer has any value left.

Currently Gamestop stock is sitting at $3.90; an all-time low for the company and a whopping 91% lower than what the company was trading at in the summer of 2015. In real numbers that's $3.4 BILLION in market capital gone to the wind.

The death of Gamestop was always seen as inevitable but general consensus was the company would at least survive into the next generation. Looking at the latest figures, it seems that company wont even last long enough to see the much needed shot in the arm that new hardware releases bring.

Attached: gamestopstock.jpg (637x935, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/02/is-it-time-to-sell-gamestop-corp-stock.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=drIn2yGrXx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NOOOO
I GO THERE ONCE A WEEK THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Coincidentally I stopped buying physical games around 2015/2016 and haven't been to GS since.
Those niggers can't get fucked. Trying to sell open display case games as new when it's their last copy is complete horseshit.

Attached: 1561830081064.png (402x417, 150K)

Holy crap I butchered that first sentence

*Despite news earlier in the month that Gamestop had hired design firm R/GA to revamp their business

can they start a GoFundMe or something? I would donate in a heartbeat.

can* get fucked.

I feel bad for the people who live in smaller areas where a GameStop might be their only access to games within reasonable distance.

But yeah, can’t say I’ll miss them.

>He bought?

Attached: 1467205134492.jpg (1127x672, 42K)

>The Game has finally stopped.

About fucking time.

Time for the good guys to make a move.

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Haven't bought or sold anything at a gamestop since 09 when I took in a pile of 20 ps2 games and they wanted to give me $1 for em all. I turned around and sold my games at a yard sale for $3-10 each. Fuck gamestop. Power to my dick.

Like it makes a difference with being able to buy shit online.

Will anyone actually miss this shit?
The employees trained to be aggressive salesmen, the overpriced games, the lack of niche titles in most stores, the absolute spergs buying their games there, the rip-offs happening if anyone is dumb enough to trade in their games/consoles and so on.

What positive aspect can you possibly think of, other than gaming them with refund policies?

>hired design firm R/GA to revamp their business and give "stores a unique layout and purpose that appeal to gamers"

Hahahaha
By the book "rearranging the Titanic's chairs" horseshit

I don't think $5 is enough save them, user.

dint the big 3 say that like 45 percent of games are digital sales now?

It's called buying their stock you fucking moron

You know, they could have been competitive with Best Buy or Amazon if they cut out all the pre-order/discount card forcing and didn't turn all of their stores into a funko pop hell and actually focused on decent sales or improving customer service. Every time I went to one it was an ordeal and a half to get a game, and even then it was a huge crapshoot if I would get a used game that is labeled as "new". That, or outrageous prices on used games, many times without the case.

Its a goddamn mess, and I have not been back in years. Its far easier for me just to order on Best Buy and do in-store pickup.

Saying they can't get fucked is actually funnier. and no need to correct yourself, we get it. Thanks for trying, kindly fuck off and die.

every time i see a gamestop business thread on Yea Forums i drive by my local one looking for the inevitable blowout sale

Where do console peasants get their games?

I remember going here as a kid and the stores would always be packed to max capacity for every shitty new game.
And then I went to Gamestop no less than a week ago.
The store was entirely empty. The walls were lined with Funko and all the games were shoved in corners and hard to find.
The only person in there with me was a young girl with dyed blue hair and cat ears.
This company deserves to die.

Attached: meaty.jpg (841x640, 68K)

Sony has been the sole force keeping Gamestop alive with the incredible success of PS4, only the release of the PS5 can revitalize Gamestop again.

If they have shitternet or actually just prefer physical for their own reasons, it affects them.

I walk into GameStop whenever I’m in the mall just to see if there are any new games out that I missed. I’m then quickly overloaded by the vast amounts of shit titles so I turn around and leave.

I can only handle so many AAA clogging up the shelves before my brain switches off.

Attached: B9AC693B-CFB6-4005-8D5A-92CDCE392998.jpg (770x766, 117K)

Every time I see a store sell those shitty funko pop figs I feel it's the end of rine.

How long does it take for a company to fucking die? Like, stop with the life support, just take the bullet so we can all move on with our lives. They've been in free fall forever now.

Where the fuck else am I supposed to buy physical games?

Wow I'm retarded, I was looking at the name trying to figure out the wordplay going on. At first discreet or discrepancy came to mind but that doesn't make sense. Took me a while to realize what it was actually saying

Attached: 1555386257762.jpg (884x1010, 115K)

Liquidation sale when?

gamestop has tons of cash and tons of assets in commercial real estate. the stock drop is because its obvious that it is an unsustainable model in the shadow of blockbuster

Any retail chain, or buy from Redbox.

does anyone have gamestop horror stories?

I guess fucking over their own customers wasnt a good long term strategy.
You can only do this if you have a good PR team like Apple does.

This. Every game has a case and I've never had a disc with scratches. Whereas with Gamestop I've had food stuck to discs. Shitty employees.

>3.90 a share

kek

They'll get kicked off the NYSE if they drop below $1

Attached: 1552994911332.gif (236x143, 717K)

I also didn't unterstand their name at first.

Attached: 1496357681874.jpg (665x574, 39K)

It's not gamestop, it's retail in general.
>Radioshack
>Toys R us
>Circuit City
>Sports Authority
>Sears nearly went bankrupt recently
Am I missing any?

Attached: ok.gif (222x379, 2.87M)

Closest I have is a GS manager sperging on me about how progressive and smart the next Zelda game was going to be because Link was totally going to be girl.

Waldenbooks

A friend of mine was in need for money 6 days ago or so, he brought in Anthem, Red Dead Redemption, Crackdown 3 and Battlefront 2..They gave him 38€

now that's a shit trade-in value

Attached: jk.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

dump eet

I'd say it could be undervalued if I didn't already know how shitty Gamestop is run. Good. I hope they die.

1. I doubt they own all the places their stores are set up in. They're most likely renting them.

2. Even if they did own them, who the fuck is going to take them of their hands? Name one brick and mortar business that's actually expanding.

The last time I went to game stop I was looking for a copy of Undernight Inbirth Exe late(st) and after stooping down to look at the used games a chances a fart and shat myself just a little. I decided to play it off and ask the store clerk if he or any nearby GameStop’s had a copy, while hoping he couldn’t smell that I had a tiny wet shit. They didn’t. I had to walk out all nonchalantly to the bathroom at the mall and stealthily throw my underwear away

FUCKING GAMESTOP

This is a true story

They did go bankrupt. I get their chapter 11 notices in the mail every month.

Nintendo is the only one that really promotes physical cartridges, systems, and brand anymore, it would make more sense if they were to become an exclusive Nintendo retailer with all the Nintendo-related merchandise.

Liquidation of what?

Their assets

>Radioshack
A sad one, but they are way overpriced for what they are and pretty niche. Pretty much a remnant of the 80s.

>Toys R us
Dumb choices + the people who bought them out ruined them. I still feel like there is plenty of room of a actual physical toy store, but Toys R Us was starting to go the way of K-Mart as far as keeping stores maintained.

>Circuit City
Disorganized, poor choices, and never dropped MSRP many times on stuff that had long since gone out of sale (I remember Metroid Prime 2 still being $50 when they closed when it had long since dropped to $20. Ditto with a lot of other similar games).

>Sports Authority
Admittedly not as familiar with SA.

Sears is on borrowed time along with K-Mart. They are fucked long term. JCPenny as well.

Office Max and Depot are also fucked, they are depressing every time I go in them.

This
Fucking Best Buy has more niche as fuck games and their gaming section is comically tiny literally 1 aisle for everything

What? how could you?

Aside from catching Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure 2 on sale a year or so back I don't remember the last time I really got something at Gamestop.

Borders book store

Payless shoes

Not only what others just told you, but they would spend any amount the oublic raises in hours. The problem is they can't make their own money anymore.

Same
They’re still trying to peddle Fallout 76 for Christ sakes

GameStop has assets?

Unironically Walmart
>Walmart Trust us we don’t wanna be here either

They refused to scan my shit after asking me like ten times if I want to buy their membership card even though I already had one and didn't feel like answering his question.

I was recently inspired to start a game collection. Nor a "complete set" or anything autistic just games I like. I dropped $100 at DR and got 15 games Dead Space was $3 with case and manual how do they dew it?

>Depot
Where else do you get your improvement tools?

GOOD
COMMUNISM
FASCISM
CAPITALISM
ALL HAS SLAVERY FOR ITEMS AS THE GOAL AS HUMANS AND WE ARE MUCH MORE THAN THAT

WE NEED LESS HEY I NEED TO CONSUME THINGS AS A SLAVE FOR NEW GOODS AND SERVICES AND MORE LOOK ITS A TREE MORE OH HEY IF I MEDITATE A LOT NOW I CAN SEE MY DECEASED FAMILY MEMBERS NOW AND TALK TO THEM

IF WE PLANT THIS WE STOP THE APOCALYPSE FROM HAPPENING
IF WE CONNECT TO OUR DECEASED WE DON'T FEAR DEATH AGING AND KILLS EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS.

HUMANITY NEEDS TO COME BACK
WE HAVE FALLEN TO FAR BY FOCUSING ON CONSUMERISM

WELL TECHNICALLY IT IS

THERE IS A NEW AGE DAWNING

RELIGION DEAD
PAYING ATTENTION TO THE OUTSIDE DEAD

INSIDE ATTENTION IS WHERE IT'S AT.

SUFFER OR GO INSIDE

WHEN ITS DONE WERE GOING TO HAVE A TECHNOLOGICAL DYSTOPIA AND UTOPIA AT THE SAME TIME WITH OUR NANO ROBOT AI AUTOMATION DRONE QUANTUM COMPUTING 1K YEAR CHANGE IN 10 YEARS SOON.

NON COMMUNISM

TECHNO INTERNETISM

INTERNET IS THE MARKET WHICH IS SCANNABLE INTERACTABLE WORLD

BITCOIN CAPITALISM MOST LIKELY

OUR SOCIETY IS GOING TO BE UNRECOGNIZABLE AND WE GOTTA GO THROUGH BAD SHIT TK GET TO GOOD SHIT

>Being this salty over jewstop going bankrupt.
kek

You forgot Tower Records

What ahppened at the end of 2015 that would cause such a massive downfall?

so does game stop have any good collectibles or figures? Mostly saw funko pops..

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING

Christ can't believe how precise next gen was about it too. They are already looking to go full digital arent they?

One of their 2-month-long employees probably said nigger on their own lrivate unrelated twitter. It's how it usually goes.

>He didn't get Best Buy's Gamer Club discount before it got taken down

Lmao

>goes to gamestop
>also, shits in pants

i wonder why

for what?

Just recently I got fucked hard with returning this shit game called This war of mine
Tried to return
I only got 16$ back on a fucking 40$ purchase
Dude felt bad for me and sold me the last copy of Fire emblem 3 house because he hated the dude that preordered it.
I’m enjoying 3 houses much more

Not really a horror story just a
“Man I see why this company is going under” moment

Bros where will I hang out at all day? I literally spend 9 hours a day there talking to customers and hanging with the staff what the fuck I'm have no friends now

All shit. Who cares.

Did you fuck her?

Is this from an article somewhere?

25, was there my whole childhood

They started doing this cunty thing where you could pay extra to skip the line at midnight releases and i vowed id never support em again

Round 1 arcade

For epic gamer gear

>(and that's a good thing)

christ user

>having less options is a good thing

Literally toddler mind set. Opinion discarded.

i think it is important to realize that gamestop is failing because it is gamestop, and not because it is a physical gaming retail store among whatever weird shit they've started selling over the years.

Their offensive trade-in and reselling practices, opening new games ahead of the customer, and other completely retarded quintessential "gamestop" quirks are the reason their cumulative business is running into the dirt, along with the obvious sullying of their brand-name that has stained them.

the only way to save the 'company' is to let 'gamestop' fail, and build a new gaming store in it's absence.

I work at R/GA; this was the most retarded projects we ever got, everybody knew they were reaching with this rework, so we overcharged them as hard as we could
it was fun tho

What is R/GA?

But I don't play video games

If Gamestop would STOP with their retarded corporate mission statement of thinking every customer will buy a game, play it, and then immediately bring it back in to trade, and actually started to cater to physical game enthusiasts or collectors, they could probably survive for a few more years easily. But they won't. They are way too deeply entrenched in this business plan from 2006 they still go by.

>go to gaystop to buy dark souls 3
>checked online to see that they would have a new copy available at that location
>website said yes
>ask the clerk for dark souls 3
>rings up darksiders 3
>clarify that I want dark souls 3
>rings up dark souls remastered
>clarify that I want dark souls 3
>looks around confused for about 30 seconds
>tells me they don't have it

FUCKING GAMESTOP

that wound up being the first game I bought digitally. It was even $5 cheaper because there was a sale

I did some digging and it seems like it was simply the bubble bursting. Using Google to search for articles relating to the stock at the time turned up articles like this:

fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/02/is-it-time-to-sell-gamestop-corp-stock.aspx

People were calling the death of Gamestop long before this and the smart investors simply saw this as one of the last spikes the company was going to see and they bailed.

No. I wrote it myself DONUTSTEEL

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

Every brick and mortar game store I've ever gone to has been scummy. Didn't make a difference if it was a big chain or some shitty local one. Their business model is inherently based on fucking people over. Glad they are dying out.

I will miss going once ever 2 years to buy an etrain odysessy game at 10 bucks.

>do next to fucking nothing to adapt to the inevitable fact that digital sales have skyrocketed because humans are lazy retards
>treat employees like absolute shit, complete with paying them minimum wage
>force employees to work like commissioned salesmen, but with none of the perks of doing so
>buy up heaps of garbage games even if you pay back rock bottom prices for them
>get rid of one of the few redeeming aspects of the rewards program - ACTUAL FUCKING DISCOUNTS in a time where that shit is nonexistent
>pay no mind to the millions of people that openly state that they fucking HATE being treated like a prospect at a car dealership
>"we want the Hot Topic audience"
>constantly BTFO by Amazon, Walmart, and even Play-Asia on the digital, physical, and import fronts
>cannibalize the likes of EB Games, FuncoLand, Babbages, Fry's, and so on
>sells opened and/or slightly played games as new if they're in good enough condition

And nothing of value was lost. Also fuck scalperfags, and FUCK HOARDERS.

you don't need high speed internet to buy shit off of amazon or ebay

How big is the Funko section going to be in the new stores?

>Wanted Dark Souls 1 after playing and enjoying it at a friends house
>Cashier says I look like the kind of person that won't like the game, tries to talk me out of buying it and pushes a fuckin racing game
>Go to another game store and buy Dark Souls and 2 other games cause they were doing a daily deal on 360 games buy 2 get 1 free

Fuck gamestop. Rot in hell.

I wonder if there's anything that Gamestop could do to survive.
No one will want to go to Gamestop for games anymore. I think they may have had the right idea by trying to sell figurines and plushies, but personally I find their selection boring, and it may not be enough of a market for it.

How about making more reason to go to Gamestop? Making it fun? But there may be no way to make it fun to visit Gamestop. One idea would be video games you could play, but people could just play at home, so it doesn't work.

Most of the money in the video game industry these days are in gacha games, so if they could find a way to tap into that, that would be profitable. But most people who play gacha games probably don't actually like the games they play, and I can't even see any way to make it profitable in the first place.

Quick question, suppose that GameStop closes within the next 4-5 months or so. All those collectables, keychains, pins, plushies etc...where would I be able to buy them? Or would I just have to look for it online. (eBay, Amazon or whatever)

Maybe you want to play the game today instead of waiting. Maybe you don't have a card to use. Who knows.

Stop selling used games as new.

> buy games online
> have them ship it free to my door
> no reason to step outside and go to gamestop

meh.... i don't care about gamestop. once in awhile they get some exclusive preorder bonus... but whatever.

I don't even understand the Toys R Us one. Regardless of the ubiquity of electronics and digital media, kids up until a certain age are going to want to play with physical toys

Got three fidi, should I jump in?

>Cashier says I look like the kind of person that won't like the game, tries to talk me out of buying it and pushes a fuckin racing game

lmao, what is even the point of this? do they get commission on some games but not others?

>GameStop becomes the Nintendo store
Unless they do retro Nintendo as well I don’t see this flying much better than they are now

Marketing Firm.

My current boss used to work there.

It was a leveraged buyout its not like they "ran out of money".

No most kids these days just play on ipads. The market for toys has shrunk considerably.
But Toysrus didn't make it better for themselves with their bad decisions.

>work at an FYE
>convinced we will never close
>see all these articles about gamestop shutting down
>compare stocks
>gamestop stocks almost 4 dollars
>TWEC Stock hovering above 30 cents

Yeah Gamestop won't be going anywhere for a little bit. But it is definitely inevitable.

>>Circuit City
>Disorganized, poor choices, and never dropped MSRP many times on stuff that had long since gone out of sale (I remember Metroid Prime 2 still being $50 when they closed when it had long since dropped to $20. Ditto with a lot of other similar games).
I've seen Best Buy doing the same thing with the game prices. A few years ago I browsed their PC games and they still had a copy of l4d2, for $60. Like nigga I bought that on steam sale for $3.

Office Max and Office Depot are in a position where the market can't support two of them, so whichever dies first, the other will then get enough business to survive. There is still a demand for office supplies and school supplies that you can go and get immediately and not have to wait for shipping. No one is going to wait 2-5 days for a new chair or desk when their current one breaks, and kids always put their school projects off until the day before.

Walmart

Former Radioshack employee here.
Let me tell you why they fucking died.

Cell phones.

They went balls deep into the cell phone marker but could only ever do it half as good as the actual carrier stores who had a lot more flexibility in how they could help a customer.
They focused entierly on phones and abandoned the rest of their customer base.
Someone came in for a resistor? Push a phone on them.
Somelne came in for some weird niche battery? Push a phone on them.
Someone came in for some audio equipment? Push a phone on them.

They alienated their customer base with predatory tactics (Employees who didn't mean sales quotas on sell phones were often shit canned by district managers no matter how good they were at other things and no matter how much store managers faught for their jobs) and the base they were trying to capture wasn't interested.

Nintendo fans love to meet other Nintendo fans, so that would also give them the opportunity to make fun events for Nintendo fans.
Only problem is they lack the space to do stuff like tournaments so I don't know what it'd be.

>click locations on their website
>illinois
>indiana
>iowa
>michigan
>ohio

Christ almighty, I legitimately don't know why they're trying at this point. By now wouldn't it make more sense to just liquidate most of the stores?

Wasn't radioshack given a chance to be the exclusive dealer for verizion or one of the early cell phone carriers in the late 90s? I seem to remember it being similar to Kodak where they were super early into a new market and said "nope, this is a meme and won't sell" and then a few years later the meme surpassed them and bankrupted them.

Best Buy has its day coming soon.
Those jews upcharge their shit products by 10%.
>t.did sales at Best Buy

Attached: 1564340509321.gif (633x758, 106K)

Hell yeah niggy who #LICENSETOILL here??

>Stores that relied on inflating prices and scamming you with terrible deals die in favor of online stores that have to constantly lower their prices to compete with each other
And nothing of value was lost

Attached: 1494960446711.jpg (334x337, 47K)

How do I get a gamestop gf bros?

Online shopping is just easier and now you don't have to eat GameStop's shit just to buy a video game.

They should have hopped onto the gaming PC building bandwagon, they were already kind of known for selling hobby electronics stuff, hobby PC building is a somewhat logical next step.

why the fuck would you want one?

disc replay is ok. Once got a free persona 4 for PSP because they left it in the case outside.

My local blockbuster did a clearance sale when it closed down

>There will be a going out of business sale when they finally close
>Used games will only be marked down 5 to 10 percent
>Will end up not selling most of it and selling it to resellers for pennies on the dollar because they refuse to lower the prices to retail buyers
One of the major problems with gamestop and it wont end even when they die.

Gamestop won't be closing that soon, the fucking people who run shit like that are far too cocky to bow out this early and be responsible about it. They will wait until there are no other options, it'll probably be a few years.

kek

The cashier was a tranny

Not to mention the custom printing. If you need something quick for your business, it's easier to just go there.

I don't know about that far back. It was my first job out of highschool in 2006 and I managed to be a store manager for all of six months in 2011 before they said "Actually, looks like we can't keep that store open after all" and shut it down, letting me and the entire staff there go.

I ended up being a casuality in one of the first few lines of downsizing.

>implying
Fuckers will donate the shit and get a tax write off. Worth way more than any money they would get from a reseller.

BECAUSE I HATE HOW CONSUMERISM IS GIVEN TO US AS OUR ONLY LAST GOAL.

WHERE SPIRITISM SHOULD BE BECAUSE IT SURPASSES ALL PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS BUT RELIGION HAS SURPRESSED THIS KNOWLEDGE FROM THE MASSES.

IT ALSO BRINGS FREEDOM

INSTEAD WERE ALL HOGWASHED TRYING TO BE LITTLE JIMMIES GETTING OUR ANIMAL FIX

WE COULD KNOW ALL OF OUR PAST LIVES AND GOD DAMN THE TRUE HISTORY OF THE PLANET BUT WE GOTTA WAIT FOR THE SPIRIT KEKS AKA RELIGIONS TO GO AWAY.

WHY RELIGION IS BAD.
WORSHIP BEING
BEING IS ABOVE YOU

HOW IS SOCIETY
WORSHIP CELEB
CELEB ABOVE YOU

WORSHIP CEO
CEO ABOVE YOU.

LIFE IS AN EXTENSION OF YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE WORLD
THAT IS GOD.

THIS IS ABOUT GIVING THE LIFE BACK TO YOUR GOD DAMNED SOUL. YOU ARE YOUR OWN GOD DAMN CREATOR BECAUSE ALL THOUGHTS COME FROM YOU.

THE WAVES OF THE WATER MOVE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE GRASS BEING BLOWN BY AIR.

WHEN YOU KICK A ROCK IT WAS ONLY DONE BY YOU. NOW THE ROCK WAITS TILL ANOTHER KICKS IT. IT EXISTED JUST SO YOU KICKED IT. EVERY THING IS MADE FOR US. THEN IT CRACKED AND NOW ONE OF THE LITTLE PARTS GOT STUCK IN YOUR SHOE AND YOU TOOK IT WITH YOU.

1 MILLION THOUSAND ZILLION WAYS FOR THINGS TO GO AND YOUR ASSHOLE SHOE CHANGED THAT ROCKS COURSE.
YOU DO 1 BILLION INTERACTIONS WITH THE WORLD THAT YOU DON'T KNOW.
TRY TO RECORD HOW YOU IMPACT THE EARTH.

THIS IS SOMETHING I CAN BUY AT WALMART FOR 6.99

ONLY YOU HAVE YOUR JOURNEY.
THERE IS BEAUTY IN IT ALL

NO ONE HAS IT LIKE YOU.

IMPERFECTLY PERFECT ALWAYS.

THIS IS THE TRUE FREEDOM.
NO MORE MASS SLAVERY.

EITHER THAT OR STRENGTHENING THE INDIVIDUALS TALENTS.

I AM SICK OF THE SUFFERING OF PEOPLE.

ITS CHANGING REAL SOON
ITS GOING TO BE A REAL SCIENCE

THE WAR
THE ECONOMIC COLLAPSE
THE DIVISION AND UNITING OF PEOPLE

DURING THIS TIME SPIRITISM WILL BE UNVEILED.

IT
HAS TO COME.

ITS THE LAST FRONTIER WITH SPACE.

My guess is that they get rewarded more for selling niche games since those are harder to sell.

Unironically buy
Gamestop stock always goes up when first-party consoles release

Right I completely forgot about printing because I don't own a printer and haven't had to print anything in years. There is still a small market for things like this, just not a two company market.

>they get rewarded more for selling niche games
lol

My friend claimed a girl he worked with at Gamestop turned the bathroom into a gas chamber every time she used it. He couldn't breathe.

My only positive memories of GameStop are going and playing the games they had available to try in their stands/booths while my parents/sister would shop around the rest of the mall.

I have a bunch of games pre ordered from GameStop what the fuck happens if this shit goes bankrupt

>donating to a fucking for-profit business

Attached: 1289953488320.jpg (177x219, 68K)

Was she hot?

Retail chains deserve to fail

Today I will remind that Gamestops may store products next to toilets.

Attached: power to the players.jpg (1996x2361, 376K)

According to him, she was cute. I've never seen her personally though.

holy shit it took me like a minute

Wrong. Kids gets tablets as early as age 1 because parents know that it'll make them shut up as they watch the billionth brain-rotting YouTube video.

We live in the age of self and freedom. If people can't figure this shit out on their own then fuck em and you have a leg up. Whatever dude, nobody is forced to consume and buy shit.

It's not just papers, I got a banner for a sale I did a few years ago. They'll print what you want on pretty much anything.

>Will anyone actually miss this shit?

Fuck no. It sucks for those who have no other options, but Gamestop has always been a HORRIBLE place to buy games from. I exclsuively buy physical and despite that I do everything I can to avoid Gamestop.
>Their new games are overpriced, poorly stocked and/or ruined with stickers
>Their used games are in HORRIBLE condition and ruined with stickers
>Half the store is non-game shit anyway, like Funcopops
>Staff knows literally nothing about games
It's not a fucking mystery why they're dying, they're the worst option in the market.

>wiiU

nothing of value was lost

Attached: chillandcheesy.jpg (345x345, 45K)

>The charity that gamestop donates them too does a better job at pricing and selling them
>They proceed to get into the game market as a simple non-profit game retailer and completely replace gamestop

Wow the store I work at is a packrats paradise but not even we have our product in our bathroom.

I really don't get the gamestop hate. I been going there for years just to get the latest new game usually, the gamestop rewards make it worth it imo.

It'll just be a fucking goodwill or something. You know, scums of the second hand market. I recently went to a tourist beach town that I used to frequent where there was a nice antique store, and in the last year they put a goodwill ACROSS THE FUCKING STREET to this great hole in the wall antique place. Scummy as fuck.

>the overpriced games
What makes them overpirced?

Gamestop was a shit company but I'll miss them, even if the only time I actually used them in past like 5 years was to get a Switch back when they were impossible to find

>go into a gamestop to buy a new copy of SMT IV apocalypse
>the copy on the shelf is opened with a "New" sticker
>wait in line for 15 minutes, bring it up to the counter
>the manager is at the register
>ask him if theyve got any sealed copies
>he doesnt even look and says "no, thats the last one"
>say "okay then, I don't want it"
>he gets passive aggressive and scoffs and goes "uhhh okay but theres no difference man" then tries laughing to pass it off as a joke or something
>tell him that if its not a sealed copy, its not new and i dont want it
>he actually argues with me
>i just turn around and walk out while he's still trying to passive aggressively sell me the game and telling me that theres "LITERALLY NO DIFFERENCE"

That was the last time I've ever been into a GameStop and I don't regret it. Fuck those people.

Attached: 1547327520352.png (259x400, 112K)

5 dollars off for every 2 games you purchase isn't really worth it, I mean it keeps me going back too but there are probably better ways to save money on games than their shitty rewards program.

Are those Wii balance boards? Just piled on the floor next to the shitter?

>Gamestop circa 2000
>Gamestop is fucking cool and I hang out there for hours after school. The staff are all cool dudes and the manager was this grizzled as fuck vet who always took time out of his day to tell me cool war stories.

>Gamestop 2019
>Visit a gamestop for the first time in years. Less games than a PS3 meme. Manager is some fat greasy dude who is clearly board and follows me around the store trying to talk to me about Pokemon cards. There are no other customers.

what's the big deal with sealed copies?

unless it's a recent release, you can usually get them cheaper on amazon or ebay. sometimes a new copy on amazon will be cheaper than a used copy from gamestop.

fuck GameStop
I realize I would probably have 1000+ dollars if I actually bothered to go find deals instead of just going to them

what's so bad about goodwill?

That just sounds like you had a really cool GameStop. That doesn't seem to reflect on the business at all.

I use it as a bank

I wish I could go back in time and slap my 13 year old self in the face for trading in all of those games instead of just getting a paper route or mowing lawns.

>Wii balance boards stacked right next to a toilet
Wii U? More like Pii U

Attached: C A R L O S.jpg (600x600, 35K)

That has more to do with physical store vs online store , and where I live there is hardly a price difference between physical stores and online stores when it comes to games.

Treat their employees like shit, managers routinely take product off floor when the sales happen so they don't lose bigger sales despite getting the stuff for free, and it's overpriced to begin with, terrible return policy, very little of the money actually goes to help people in need despite what they say.

I don't have a say so in ads nor billboards

If you are paying full price for a new copy then it will be a new copy. If its open then it is a used copy and you can lower the price or fuck off.

I'm not paying full price for a copy of the game that the employees can take home and play for free and a box that has the disgusting adhesives all over it and boogers of every 10 year old that picked it up

Ill never forget the time a gs employee chimped out on me for winning their tournament
>Local Gamestop holding a smash 4 tourney to promote the game
>winner gets a copy of the game. the bigass book and a smash belt
>everyone is a tard pk fire spamming noob that cant recover to save their life
Im a decent player that can place top 3 at my locals so the tourney was easy to win.
>After i win one of the lower employees comes up to me and says "Why dont you just go back to your local tournaments and let someone else win
LMAO get fucked

You're supposed to be ultra pessimistic and believe that everyone is now sitting in their box ordering every little thing from their new Amazon overlords.

Dumbass.

I was 12 when I realized Gamestop was corrupt faggots. I was offered PENNIES on the dollar for an unopened GTA:Vice City physical copy. It wasn't even 75C for it. I said fuck off and took my games. Never been back since.

No we keep the door closed.

>new games
>overpriced

You don't know how this works, do you? New game prices are dictated by publishers and developers. If it's $60 at Gamestop then it's $60 at Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and Amazon barring temporary sale prices.

>new game just came out
>go into Gamestop
>try to purchase game
>"Did you pre-order"
>No
>"Sorry we can't give these to people who haven't pre-ordered check back in a few days"
>walk to the Target store in the same strip
>get SEALED game for the same price with no barrage of aggressive sales pitches
Gamestop didn't die, it committed suicide.

To this day i regret trading in Metroid Prime. I got 3 cents. I was young and trading in a dozen games in an effort to get an Xbox360, so i didn't notice until i looked at the receipt, game had the box, manual, everything in good condition. 3 cents. I'd have fucking kept it for that.

except best buy, walmart, and target won't try to sell you an open case game marked as "new".

Wal-Mart has been taking a hit on new releases, MSRPs are never enforced, they are suggestions. manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.

Its Blockbuster all over again, everyone is nostalgic for it, but they forget how shitty it really was. Fuck Gamestop, Blockbuster, and niggers

I was only once at gamestop. I was looking for a 3DS with a specific firmware version so I could use some chinese memory card for piracy. The guy told me to get the fuck out when I was asking if they had one with the right firmware. They can go fuck themself.

There is a lot of incest going on at those things. He probably had a friend that was supposed to win and you beat them.

K Mart

The Australian equivalent are turbo jews and won't even accept stuff that's even slightly damaged

then they end up as bad as gamestop, the cycle never ends

Every new game I've bought from Gamestop was still in the factory wrap. Also no. Gamestop doesn't do that anymore. Now they open the game and put it on the used rack. They actually make more money when they do that and it's why you see used copies at thier stores sometimes within 12 hours of a games launch.

Next time you go shopping, if everything you bought was obviously already opened, would you still spend money at that store? This isn't rocket science friend.

Technically austim but sealed integrity and “I’m 1st!” Mentality is much more powerful than you think

>Hey user, you like video games. You should work at Gamestop.

Attached: 1563579825358.jpg (270x270, 16K)

I was a little kid and was at gamestop trying to buy armored core v. Bitch at the counter ignored me and served several customers behind me for whatever reason. Spent forever in the back looking for the game and acted super bitchy
>mfw getting home and opening the box to see she put in the wrong game

holy fuck dude that made me laugh really hard

>There is a lot of incest going on at those things
The word you're looking for is nepotism

Cool so instead of being $59.99 it's $59.75. Woo. Such a GREAT deal. I have a Gamestop sitting right next to a Walmart in my area. For new games, the prices are MAYBE $0.25 off. Hell there are ganes new at Walmart for $60 that at other retailers have already dropped to $50. Or that can be picked up used for $45. Hell I have a Walmart out here still trying to sell a handful of 360/PS3 games at $20 a pop.

Blockbuster wasn't really shitty on an individual level though. It was just that it utterly destroyed local rental places. It was otherwise fine but the business model literally could not exist in the same way and instead of transiting to a red box situation or gamefly they just died.

is that a fucking Yea Forums reference

There's a trick to getting the most bang for your buck from Gamestop. At least with their used games, if you check their website, every week or so a new ad gets updated with the current deals, and you can buy used games cheaper than anywhere else if you just pay attention and wait a little.

>go to gamestop
>like 7/8 of the store is for plushes and merchandise and funkopop stuff
>like 1/8 of devoted for video games
what happened

Attached: 1514403664426.png (372x508, 239K)

Nice try shill, when confronted with objective facts regarding MSRPs you try and deflect.

FUCKING GLITCHED CRATES

People keep saying thia, but lol, they are atill fucking here. My gamestops are all good and running. Who the fuck is reporting this news? It's been like this for the past 5 years. "THEY'RE DYING AHHHH". Nope. Still here.

I believe it
I remember how one store got caught purposely giving players broken controller so their employees could stomp them

This is what I always call bullshit on. Gamestop has NEVER turned me down when I asked for a game I didn't pre-order and has in fact several times sold me LE and CEs that people had pre-ordered but had not picked up on release day just because I asked for them.

Game stop does not give a fuck about the sanctity of pre-orders and in my experience will sell your shit in you don't pick it up at launch.

This
>decide to check it out
>shirts racks everywhere
>there's a freaking phone section
>plush and toys as well

I had to make sure I was in the right store for a second, do viddeo games not make enough money? Do Funkos actually sell?

They only have themselves to blame for not buying Netflix when they had the chance

I'm sure the CEO of Blockbuster still loses sleep over that

To check out if they have Battletoads in stock

Liquidation as in "going out of business sale". When an outside company comes in and sells off all their stock at dirt cheap prices.

not really, to me it's just a consistently shitty and unpleasant place to shop at. I guess the worst thing that ever happened to me there was that I bought a used game but they forgot to put the disc in the case, though they gave it to me without any questions when I went back to complain abut it.

honestly I'm willing to pay a couple dollars more if it means never having to deal with gaystop's shittyness ever again.

Incestuous is also a term that is used in similar situations where people who are supposed to be separated are mixed in together.

the margins are much better on merch

Not that guy, but I've had it happen to me on niche weeb titles. They would only get 1~3 in for their order and they were all preordered. For AA~AAA titles, you never had to worry though.

Do you not remember getting slapped with $7 late fees for being 5 minutes late? Never being able to find anything you want to rent? Absolutely retarded prices?

They have a funko section which is terrible, but they are also selling genuinely quality figures too. I saw Joker figmas, isabelle nenderoids, DBZ figurines that were awesome, and much more.

>mfw a movie theater I go to occasionally is selling funko pops now.

Attached: 1499871585698.png (1280x720, 934K)

Could be worse.

Attached: yahoo.jpg (3640x3120, 1.5M)

Yeah

I always get my gamed ~25% cheaper on amazon than i would buying at my local game store

Gamestop makes little to nothing on new game sales.
Used games no longer sell like they used to.

They supplanted used game sales with merchandise for gamers, because merch has much better profit margins if it sells. Issue is, it never sold, because no one goes to gamestop for regularly-priced merch. So it just piles up.

Fuck gamestop. I will never forget the feeling of a clerk basically telling me to fuck off after buying a 'new' copy of ace attorney that had a complete save file on it as a kid.

Gamestop got fucked once the internet became more and more convenient. why on earth would anybody want to be upsold on atleast 3 products every time they wanted to buy a game when they can just have it come to their doorstep on release day for a lower price?

Yeah, I mean I don't exclusively shop there, but with their website, if they have a deal going on for used games, I can click on a game and see if the store near me has it in stock, so I know exactly what I'm going there for, and if the store has it, before I even get in my car. BUT, it's not always a guarantee it will be in the game's original case sooo.... it doesn't always work out.

Why? Netflix is bleeding cash. They are crashing as fast as Blockbuster did.

any decently sized target or walmart has a 5 isle toy section and another few isles for bikes, balls, and whatever sporty gimmick shit is popular. one store getting obliterated doesnt mean toys dont exist you fucking brainlet

I dont even think are gonna have nostagia over GameStop like they do Blockbuster and other rental places. GameStop is a "Get in/get out" sort of place.

I see this brought up all the time but I really don't think it would have saved them. Under Blockbuster's leadership, Netflix probably wouldn't have developed into what it is now. Blockbuster themselves were working on a video streaming service of their own around the same time as Netflix, but they fucked up every aspect of it and it died before even Netflix became popular. They probably would have forced Netflix to make the same shitty decisions, killing it off along with Blockbuster.

Where do you live? I have never got such shitty offers. Lowest maybe was a few dollars and I only bother when I traded in my 360 collection.

Netflix is bleeding cash because they're trying to turn themselves into a glorified streamable telivision channel full of millennial soi-shows

I've seen This War of Mine for like 3 bucks on sale on Steam. Why did you pay 40 bucks for it? I think it's +5 years old by now.

My son (5 years old) only owns a couple physical toys. He mostly just plays on his tablet.

Thats Netflix's own fault. Who is to say that the same mistake would made under different management.

Last gamestop visit story?
>go to gamestop to buy some kirby game, probably kirby collection on the Wii
>Had it preordered and employee didnt know it came out or what it was
>have to wait as he searches the new deliveries box sitting in the middle of the store they didnt unpack yet
>finds it and then starts rambling about how he used to like Kirby but each iteration added too many abilities for him to keep up and it got to overwelming
>holy shit this nigger cant fucking handle kirby wtf
>just stare at him because I am autistic but also dumb founded by this
>rings me up without saying anything and I never went back to gamestop since then

Attached: 1563761671038.png (670x578, 345K)

Did you go back and get it right?

Why the fuck does anyone buy these soulless Funko Pop figures?
They're basically all the same just with differing hair and color palettes.

Attached: wall of cancer.jpg (1600x1200, 523K)

Oh and once stuff like craigslist and ebay became mainstream it's much easier to sell your used shit for more money without being ripped off so I'm sure gamestop got fucked on that end too.

That has more to do with Netflix making terrible business decisions like dropping all the shows everyone watches and greenlighting a shitzillion shows nobody wanted or cares to watch among other reasons.

Attached: 1564436320458.jpg (1009x180, 30K)

Good job, have fun when he's older and is on his phone 24/7

>on release day

Funkos do sell. They're the most normie of normie "Geek" collectible. They're cheap little ten dollar pieces of crap that vaguely resemble something from a thing.

And video games aren't profitable. The real money comes from accessory sales and whatever bolt ons they can sell, as well as used games.
Gamestop maybe gets 1-2 dollars on a new copy or Shootan Game 2019, and even that's generous.
But a used game? If they sell a used game for 35 dollars and purchased it for 5 dollars from some shlub, they just made 30 dollars.

They merged with Think geek the grandfather of cheap nerd shit for normies

Toys R Us was making money. Actually, good money. They were one of the few specialty product chains that, despite getting hit by the Internet like everything else, still made more than enough to keep afloat and expand.
If the company that bought it didn't leverage and obscene amount of money. Essentially, the company that purchased it was paying back a loan that, at the height of Toys-R-Us, would have taken a literal lifetime to pay back before E-Commerce took over. If that company didn't purchase Toys-R-Us, the company may still be around now, just slightly downsized.

You buy fucking figmas and nenderoids and then get all high and mighty one someone else buys different toys?

not that user, but I've definitely got offers for less than $1 in Michigan for weeb shit.

Charity shops and 2nd hand stores are the way to go now

I don’t know why this plastic cancer is selling so much

There cant be nostalgia when there is no good will from consumers at all. the best memories of gamestop are the sperg employees or times you got ripped off because its funny to post on v.
It would be like feeling nostalgia for fucking walmart. Its too souless

Funkos look like dogshit compared to figmas and nendos. There is no comparison. Please do not embarrass yourself by attempting to argue this further

I didn't say I bought any of that shit

Funko pops are literally zoomer hummel figurines

I assume they buy this shit without realizing there are better collectible figs out there.

BUY THE DIP

Attached: 1528575312902.jpg (242x205, 46K)

I don't collect either but if you're gonna buy a retarded lump of plastic you might as well get one that actually looks like the thing it's supposed to instead of a generic square lump of shit.

Bitch stfu no 1 askin you

but if you buy their $15/year members card, you can get an extra 3 cents!

Attached: dxhr.png (954x725, 81K)

Figmas and Nendos have effort put into them.

Or beanie babies

>You buy figures with actual detail instead of literally soulless garbage? How dare you

Look at this dood.

Attached: damegami.jpg (200x200, 17K)

I got it for Switch cause the box looked interesting and the plot seemed deep
When I actually played it I hated almost instantly

Auto dealerships next

what's figma?

What boggles my mind is how worthless that is compared to say paying for Amazing Prime.

They should pivot to finance industry.

Attached: 1509677984572.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

I'm kinda nostalgia for the embarrassment of having to say some long-ass weeb title to some normie to buy a game. I wonder if it's the same feeling of physically buying porn.

>Best Buy
>Walmart
>Mom and Pop game stores (I got a ps2 and 20 games for 50 bucks) and its in bretty gud condition.

Attached: wbm-It seems to be drug related. You dont use drugs do you.png (512x448, 10K)

Until i see a lava lamp in a gamestop, its not dead.

reminds me of dumbasses selling shit on craigslist, did he even research what those go for? Anthem is 20 bucks new, RDR is an old ps3 game, crackdown 3 is 20 bucks (free on gamepass), battlefront 2 has been less than 10 dollars on PSN and physical. I would say he got a fair deal, they have to make a profit, and can't sell them at new prices.

Filtered. Retarded nigga.

>trying to find rare weeb game
>check fucking gamestop local stock cause why not
>its in stock
>In an extremely shitty part of detroit
>ask another store if they can order it from there
>manager in ghettostop refuses to send any games to this one in white people land
>make my trek out for this fucking game
>ghettostop employee cant find the box
>offers me the cart for 5 bucks
And thats how I got infinite space with no box. This was back when that piece of shit was like 150 dollars on ebay.

All meth infested, trump voting, rust belt hick-heavens. Such a shame.

your post is like comparing Ocarina of Time to Superman 64, there are no words to accurately describe what you're trying to say

Toys r Us was actually still profitable and doing well, until the parent company dumped a bunch of their debt into it, then liquidated it.

Isn’t Staples kind of eating them both alive at this point, though?

>Venturing into the forsaken lands for weebshit
Truly the hero anime deserves.

>A few months aftwe the launch of the Switch
>It's impossible to find it online atvretail, if at all
>Start looking at brick and mortar places around me to see who's going to get some
>Call up game stop and ask them
>They say they dont know when they're getting more but to call Friday morning since thats when they usually get new shipments
>I call as soon aa they open
>"We son't get a new shipment until 11:30, call then and see if we get any"
>I call at 11:30
>"We got some but we're almost sold out, you should come right now"

They only had like 3 left by the time I got there, only the red and blue ones. Someone else came in at the same time I did so there was only one left at the store when I left. Nearly fucked me over

>Trying to sell open display case games as new when it's their last copy is complete horseshit.
Kikestop employee here. They finally pushed official policy to give a shopworn discount to those copies now, though it has not been made public. Took them long enough I guess.

FUCKING GAMESTOP

Attached: 1549051007855.jpg (1242x3205, 434K)

Attached: download (25).jpg (213x237, 7K)

>You buy fucking figmas and nenderoids and then get all high and mighty

Both of those look way less shitty than fucking funkopops. They actually look like the character. Funkopops always look like AIDS in plastic form regardless of what character it's supposed to be.

Dont worry! Selling the same crappy capeshit figures and funko pops for more money than every other store will surely save them

Attached: d5rlselbsmn21.jpg (480x576, 41K)

God damn, I'm sure gamespot employees have the absolute worst shits too.

I also live near Detroit so I can relate. One cool thing about it was I got a bunch of old ps1 JRPGs on the cheap because nobody in the area gave a shit.

I also got a wii and switch fairly easily too

I went into one a few days ago, I don't think I was in there for a minute.
>walk in
>guy behind the counter starts their faggy pitch
>whatever, he's just doing what he has to do to not get fired so I just politely tell him I'm browsing
>nofuckinggames.png
>it's all shitty funkos and pokemon shirts
>go back to the counter
>ask him what the price on a used switch would be
>tells me it'd be $280
>I point out that they retail for $295 new
>"well ours are certified to be as good as new!"
>tell him I'd rather just buy a new one at that point
>"well we don't have any new ones at the moment"
>what a surprise
>leave

Attached: 1540721851587.jpg (420x443, 33K)

Stay mad irrelevant middle man.

Craigslist is how you get shot and or robbed now. I refuse to use any meetup type selling app now. The filth has figured it out, its too risky.
I did get an N64 with both zeldas, mario 64, and golden eye and a SNES with tons of games for like 40 dollars back in the day. These days Id assume its either all non fuctioning broken shit or a robbery.

Fucking Carlos!

Not bankrupt but Hudson Bay closed a shit ton of stores here in Canada earlier this year. Nothing of value lost, it's just another generic department store.

>I also live near Detroit
Are you cute? :3

>In real numbers that's $3.4 BILLION in market capital gone to the wind.
>real numbers
Sure there are, its obviously possible for companies like Apple or Alphabet to have a market cap bigger than multiple countries worth. And it's obvious backed up by physical capital.

Attached: 1517896576381.jpg (266x210, 16K)

This fucking faggot. Get brain cancer and stay the fuck off of Yea Forums and /x/ you doublenigger tripfag

Gamestop literally tried to sell me a "new" copy of Batman Arkham City and the disk had words imprinted in it because of those fucks decided to write a paper on top of the disk.

Imagine letting one man and his voter base live this rent free in your head. All of those states also have crack infested nigger-heavens, all run by Democunts!

Lol, NoA is catastrophically stupid when it comes to keeping shelves stocked and meeting demand. Trust me, you don’t want them to start opening their own stores.

Obviously they keep Wii U's in the bathroom to wipe their asses with when they run out of toilet paper.

>Stop selling used games as new
It's the other way around. Every month there's a SKU conversion that will turn new copies of games into "pre-owned" games if they aren't selling. The new version will be delisted from the system and only the pre-owned version will be available.

More often than not if a really niche game no one gives a shit about is available pre-owned at a store and has been delisted as new, you are actually buying the new copy that no one bought when it was new.

Attached: 1467239883318.gif (320x240, 2.12M)

K-Shart

Too late I’ve seen them have “Boo themed” lava lamps

Stay mad retarded mutt that thinks /x/ is for political conspiracies about your shitty country

Fry's Electronics is doing poorly as well.

>Got Wii and Switch for cheap
Nigga that shit was stolen

Stay mad nazi. All Democrat run cities have the highest amount of jobs and best economies. Go back to your majority white trailer park and fuck your sister like the good little inbred hick you were meant to be. I hope you blow yourself up cooking meth Cletus.

Based retailpocalypse

Attached: 1564409495490.jpg (1366x768, 103K)

Nice projecting. I go on there for RIPPEN threads and the occasional sp00ky greentext dump. I always see you in there stoking the flames and causing political discourse. But i take that back, you belong on /x/. All tripfags are mentally ill afterall.

I wonder if gamestop could have been saved if it just became a general comicbook/game store a decade ago. I just don't see people specifically going into a gamestop to buy rejected lootcrate shit. But if they had comics (which are becoming way more mainstream) and non-digital game shit I could see people actual being interested.

Amazon?

Kids like, I suppose.

Buying the stock of a company does not help the company at all unless it is stock that the company sells either through selling stock it holds in its treasury or a initial/secondary offering. Otherwise, the money you spend buying the stock goes to whomever is the stock owner be it retail or institutional investors.

If it was new and you opened it, then it's a trade in only. If it used you have 7 days to get a full refund and then it's 30 days on a defective return. Or a trade in if it's not defective. According to their rules at least.

Agreed.

Please tell me more about how you’re not a dumb mutt, dumb mutt.

Based.

Gamestop needs to pivot their business to stay around. They're already focusing more on toy sales, so they might as well fill the void that toys r us left and be a nerdy toy store that sells some video games on the side. Merge Thinkgeek and gamestop and call it geekstop.

Where is Nintendo going to have gaymers go to get their legendary pokemon now????

by got them easy I meant I was actually able to buy new ones because they had them in stock. Both the wii and switch were super hard to find on release becasue Nintendo always insist on not supplying enough units.

Because of a Protoman fused with Mario

I hate that shit
>Military Base at their mini mall
>GameStop, boots unlimited and Nike store and more all shoved into 1 with a “definitely not Target” bigger shop in the back
Used Switch a GameStop was 290$ With taxes and looked all kinds of fucked up
Straight up new switches at Not-Target with the 15% off discount with no tax we’re 270$ brand spanking new

I never saw the appeal of it. You can get games cheaper on steam, you can shop for groceries and then get games at target for convenience. Maybe if they actually gave you a decent price for used games and not 10%, then turn around and sell it for 110% it would have a presence in the market.

>Used games no longer sell like they used to.
>used to
heh

Anyways, maybe if they weren't fucking brutal with their profits it wouldn't be a problem.

But nerds don't want any of that shit either. Lootcrate is bombing hard (they literally send me emails with 50% coupons every day)

I'll share a few events as a manager 6 years ago
>mother with 4 kids all buying CoD (with 2 of them wanting extra copies to give it to their friends)
>a 50 year old man wanting Animal Crossing (I swear to god he smells worse than liquid garbage)
>some guy complaining about getting scammed for buying WoW as if its a singular purchase game and not an MMO subscription
>an actual homeless guy buying a console and asked to gift wrap it. Probably for his son
>someone pre-ordering Xbox One but someone confused it with PS4 and complained endlessly because his son wanted a PS4
That's pretty much it.

Attached: 1519363892370.jpg (800x800, 117K)

>Corporations supposedly have the same rights as people
>Enslaved via stock ownership
I don't get it.

The problem with Gamestop these days is each time I go into their fucking store and ask for "Game X", they always say they are out of stock.

Fuck Gamestop.

I wish there was a job somewhere where you get payed to put together builds. I would do that in a heartbeat. Problem is the closest that comes to that is microcenter and that isn't JUST the job, that's just part of the job as a sales associate and fucking being a sales associate, shit is soul sucking.

I can assure you that the employees hated you. Fuck kids who just come in while their mommy is out shopping elsewhere and just play on the interactive display like it's an arcade.

You smellfaggots are mentally ill

My bad
Baltimore slang is starting to get to me

Best Buy

Checked out of curiosity and Amazon trade in for HR is a full dollar.

they had a bunch of debt dumped on them by whatever company bought it out

Based GCU user, how much longer you got yours for? I got mine literally right before they canned it, so i'm good until May 2020

How about EB Games getting rid of game space to stock pop and cape shit?

RIP PC section

>purposefully destroy old stock so it can't be resold or collected by anyone
>have an inventory storage area slightly bigger than a linen closest so they break into new-in-box items so they can store just the contents instead
>constantly harass you to do pre-orders or buy some bullshit store card or whatever garbage of month

yeah the world would be clearly better off if they didn't exist.

are you grill?

who would have thought that absolutely ass raping your customers for years combined with turning your stores into fucking meme centers filled with junk no one wants and then buying and writing off a meme tier mobile carrier store would lead to disaster. also gamestop employees are usually the most smug fucking losers imaginable. i mean really bro do you think anyone falls for the meme that being a gamestop manager or assistant manager is hard? a fucking monkey could do that job. also they got absolutely pozzed internally with tons of lesbian and gay ass managers and regional managers, etc that destroyed the company

It sucks that I’ll be limited to Walmart or Target for same day purchases, especially because Walmart seems to be in the process of making their electronics area as convoluted as possible.

they bought a trash mobile company called cricket wireless and then when it failed horribly had to write the entire unit off for billions while they liquidated it

>cricket wireless
I still see these ads.

Laugh as much as you like at them. But at least gamestop was hiring poor students to let them get some bucks. When amazon is going to bring mexicans and won't be paying taxes. Effectively stealing low-income jobs from students.

Toys R Us went out of business because it was bought up leveraged up to it's eyeballs in unservicable debt loads and then resold to fail. Same thing that was done to Radioshack at one point. It's literally the Mitt Romney/Bain Capital method of 'business' they buy up companies fucking leverage them to the hilt with debt loads from other companies they own, etc. get filthy fucking rich while the unfortunate companies fail and any assets left usually real estate get liquidated for pennies on the dollar

>All of the midwest is the rural areas
I literally can't fathom how you can hold this opinion if you're from anywhere in the US except New England, and in that case you can fuck yourself anyway

I’m propane powered UwU

Gamestop as a company sucks shit but the guy who manages my local branch is really cool and I feel bad for him.

Students believe themselves to be too good for retail jobs so no lost jobs here.

>go to gamestop to pick up a game
>get bothered the second i walk in
>will not even let me look around first before bothering me
>they don't have any used games I want
>they dont have the game i was looking for that literally just released
>garbage merch everywhere
>remember i'd get bombarded with questions about their fucking rewards card or preorders if i did get something
>gtfo and just order the game off amazon

Maybe if they didn't force their workers to be insanely pushy along with not replacing half their games sections with fucking pops, people would go there a bit more

you lose out. i mean you'll be creditor to the companies assets and have a claim but retail level consumers are last in line for any assets remaining, meaning essentially you'll never get a fucking dime as the bankers will all get theirs and nothing will be left for you

Same I wish he could let a loan so he could open up his own game store

They needed to provide more services; repair, troubleshooting, return/exchange, continue stocking older games, exclusives. Instead they double-downed on selling shoddy Chinese merchandise, when they could have used that store space for demos and tournaments.

The problem is he could not compete with any of the stores around him.

This is the reason I avoid it and Barnes and Nobles.

Literally the fucking grocery store

Seriously why have demos gone dodo?
Most games I pirate I play for about the length of a demo only to later buy it or just delete it when I figure out it’s shit.

>Walmart serves as a better game retailer as an afterthought than gamestop does as their entire business model

Why you gotta break my heart like that user?

I don't know why companies think the best way to do business is to hound the customer. I don't like it when someone's breathing down my neck the entire time, bugging me for shit i don't want. I know the employees are forced to, but fuck them.

what ? Amazon hires students and if you work there for at least a year they will put a few thousand towards your associate's degree.

>go to gamestop
>specifically state i'm looking for a 2DS for a kid because they break anything with hinges
>grill at the desk points at them and gives me a price
>manager who's been there for like 20 fucking years basically shoves her aside and is all "AW MAN WE GOT OPTIONS HERE"
>My question has been answered so this is literally, from word one, wasting my time
>i'm too polite to just say no and walk so i listen and he grabs his ladder to get up to the hardware
>showing me a bunch of the hinged 2DS used and new when i specified new breadslice
>say i'm not interested because of the hinge
>argues with me saying his kids are hard on toys and that it holds up
>tell him i know this particular child well enough that i can say the hinge is a problem, the kid doesn't break anything else but it's a compulsion to reef on things that swivel
>still fucking upselling me on some new 2DS shit because it plays (game we don't give a fuck about) and stuff
>lose my patience, turn around and thank the girl for her quick answer and say "i remember why i do this shit online now"
that guy has had " a new job in 3 months" for the better part of a decade. i think he's just a dishonest shit front to back. suitable for managing a FUCK GAMESTOP

I don't know why demos went dodo. I do know that cheats went dodo because of micro transactions though so they can sell you them.

>what's bad about a company that takes people's free donations, sells them at a profit and pays their executives millions. while they pay their associates almost nothing and treat them like crap, if they are even paid and makes customers think they are helping out people with charity when they shop there but most of the money goodwill makes is spent by the company on salaries, etc as costs of doing business and barely any on real charity

Your all faggots its ok.

Private equity is the cancer killing retail. Nothing but self-serving kikes that bleed companies dry, fire all the employees without warning and with no severance pay, then sell all of the company's assets to pay off a "debt" of their own creation, all for short term profit.

"muh Amazon" is only part of the reason these stores failed.

well I'm in southfield bb

>Change literally nothing about your company except for merchandise sales in the past 20+ years.
>Lol why are we tanking, it can't be our fault!
Baby boomers should not be allowed to run businesses.

Attached: 1439914698879.png (641x662, 1007K)

I never been to goodwill before so that's why I asked

a month ago I bought a used physical copy of Gravity Rush remastered for 13 yurobucks (btw great game) in local gs
was it good hit or a scam?

Attached: 1553365859808.gif (379x387, 71K)

You’ll literally have an easier time buying milk, beer, Apples, 3 frozen pizzas, ice cream, socks and a new game at Walmart than just browsing GameStop for 1 used game.

demo's help out piracy and hacking. also its essentially yet another build of the game they have to worry about. most titles released now are long into the series or come from an established dev house that a demo while nice, really doesn't offer much utility.

go to ebay and see the prices. you got lucky

There are still a couple Toys-R-Us stores around up here in Canada

I do hope that federal ban goes though.
If nothing else my hatred of Jews and watching them get fucked warms my soul.

Alright bros. Let's buy the stock and we'll all be rich when it shoots back up.

that literally never happens. what happens is the courts allow the biggest creditor to appoint a so called liquidator to manage liquidation and what they do is jack up prices and then use mass marketing techniques to make people think they are getting a deal. they literally then pack up and wholesale off everything before it ever gets to a decent truly low price for consumer level buyers except for total junk other wholesalers won't take. liquidation sales are a fucking meme at this point and are never truly liquidation sales like the old days when they actually meant a local company going out of business and getting a good deal.

EA will be so fucked. People don't realize that's where most of their profit comes from.

>'reserve' a guitar hero 3 copy when it came out
>get a call the day of telling me to pick up my copy or they'll sell it to someone else
i fucking paid in full and paid EXTRA to have it set aside, what the fuck kind of service is that? i stopped buying from there after that and just went to wal-mart

the shop in my city used to sell comics books and graphic novels, there was a little library but it was quite quite cool
I used to buy gameinformer there too, when it was a fantastic magazine

Kek

The only thing that's good about Gamestop is sometimes the prices on Used games completely outdo sales and events.
Gamestop CAN be a good place to shop, but there's always something that gets in the way. Or some fucking retard that takes his faggot job way too seriously and drives away customers.
There is a Gamestop in a town I frequent where they just give you what you want and send you on your way, while the bigger GS in the city loses sales because the manager makes everyone lose their patience and just leave empty handed.

But at the same time, you can't blame the people there for everything when their big-business management are so unbelievably retarded that it hurts.

Attached: 1285046407990.jpg (240x251, 8K)

Boomers doesn't like change and GameStop requires big ones to recover. It's dead Jim

There's only one in this area and it's about a hour+ drive away. They also use printer copies of most of their game labels which look cheap as fuck.

I still hate it.
Plus piracy and hacking still happens regardless
Are devs that fucking lazy?

this. the big wall of goodied turned into a small section of goodies and now it's just a cell phone and basic electronic store

man i miss how they used to be, need a 3-way USB compatible speaker cable splitter with room for 4 slices of bread? yeah it's fucking there for a dollar. it used to be amazing.

now it's just blacks and flips selling phones

>hating on kids enjoying video games
why

Ironically, Sears was experimenting with some libertarian form of self management with their stores which just turned into a shitshow of departments fighting over each other to make sales records and a completely unorganized mess

People buy it for their "nerd" friend who really likes his Switch. It's a brainless gift.

Perhaps they should try turning partly into an arcade? Give customers something they can't get from an ordinary console, like VR or instruments you can interact with like a life-size motorcycle.

Attached: modern-VR2.jpg (753x1002, 91K)

that's because they've commercialized and oversold literally everything imaginable. all sorts of shit used to be kind of cool because it was niche and then they pumped it out to normie ville and now even normies don't want it

based schitzo

Meet in public places, you absolute retard. I assure you that despite what Yea Forums tells you not even the dumbest nigger is going to shoot you in a library over a $20 game.

The market demanded it user, those deals provided the best profit for their interests and if anything, retail is a dying breed that deserves to be put out of it's misery

they liquidated the company as in sold it off to someone else so it still exists gamestop just no longer owns it

I've wondered about this. I play some pretty obscure weeb shit and I always found it odd for them to turn up used shortly after release, because anybody who's buying this kind of thing probably knows what they're getting. So thanks for clearing that up.

>opening new games ahead of the customer
this was honestly one of the reasons why I never even considered buying there again.
Why have some retard open my games if I can get it sealed literally anywhere else?

>he's never seen drug use in metropolitan cities.

did your ESL teacher tell you that, reading from her book of "common vernacular" printed sometime mid 1960s?

Why are you just making shit up?

this guy gets it. complete cancer that has not only killed retail they are now moving into other industries as well.

BUY LOW SELL HIGH

Their failure wasn't organic, they were obtained, stripped of valuable assets and loaded with debt, then let go so that the obtainer gets rich while the company does.

This is roughly why most airline companies are dogshit anymore; a few decades ago this was happening to a few, so the ones that lived intentionally loaded up on debt to make them undesirable targets for predatory asset siezure. Their business model henceforth had to dedicate to being so extractive so as to service those debts, and ended up sticking.

Those kikes literally made over a billion dollars just of Fifa mirco purchases
Fuck that
I want Uncle Sam to be legally allowed to fine, arrest and rape those kikes

good riddance

no the market didn't demand. you have a brainlet tier of economics. the voodoo banker economics in no way represents how the commerce system is supposed to function. retail was fine until companies like Bain Capital realized they could pool funds from investors buy up companies, load them up with insane debts that could never be repaid then bankrupt them and sell off the company assets to themselves as the largest creditors and get even richer. fuck the people who worked there or the customers though as the little people don't matter and the bankers walk away with millions or billions.

It is a very common term in both business and entertainment. So suck my dick.

>cities have literal meth and opiate epidemics killing thousands
>"yeah some kids with some weed in kansas are destroying this nation"
there's a reason why nobody wants you libs around

All the mainstream publisher pulled the popular shows because they are going to launch their own Netflix style apps, not because Netflix is dropping them.
The Netflix Originals are a desperate attempt to keep their library up before there's nothing left. They are as good as dead

Yeah its crazy how they build entire games around the lootbox

you are either a boomer or a none English primary language mong. almost no one except you uses the word in that regard anymore

just because you're a brainlet who can't buy his lawn mowers or weed wacker online like a normal person doesn't mean the market didn't see incentive to kill off an already dying horse

Urbanite bugmen have hated the rural areas and have been trying to destroy it for over 150 years.

Attached: 1508132091597.jpg (219x241, 47K)

This my favorite place to buy and sell shit is chick fil a
Offer even the niggiest nig a chicken sandwich and they’re you’re best friend

It is still used you are just a retard.

games as a service is also going to kill gaming. it's literally inevitable that companies will get lazy and start offering trash products just to milk bucks.

again you are a mongoloid brainlet who can't even grasp what's being discussed. please pay attention in school come September and try you luck next summer in adult conversations brainlet.
well it's used by people like you who fuck your mother, father, sister and brothers I guess

>can't get fucked
Retarded weeb ESL subhuman

They make they’re games using the literal science of addiction to the point they’re more addictive than fucking crack.

That is a more recent development. Prior to this Netflix was willingly dropping shows because it didn't want to pay what they were asking and instead focused on their original shows but kept pumping money into piles and piles of shit.

Office Depot you fucking mong.

I'd feel bad if Gamestop actually lowered their game prices to match amazon and didn't open New games.

Gamestop is the only physical retailer to stock weeb games that sell

I wish normalfags would stop being so fucking stupid

>Business is failing but still has assets
>OMG THIS LIQUIDATION IS BEING DONE BY JEWS
This is you and your deranged arguments

>Such a mongoloid he cannot comprehend the usage of a term
>You must fuck your relatives if you use a common term I don't know
You probably don't even know what a fucking boondoggle is you fucking brainlet.

You know what would fix gamestop?

Take trade ins of all games, keep cases for cart based games and reprint artwork instead of they're shitty covers

The game exchanges in my area are full if tons of games, and are always full of customers.

yeah no one mentioned Jews except you brainlet moron which again means you next literal argument would be 'muh go back to /pol/' when again you brought up the Jews because you can't discuss things and don't have a proper understanding.

Toys R Us killed themselves by buying too many unwanted legos. They're returning gradually too.

Target is flourishing, Costco too.

Retail can survive if they aren't retarded.

Strangely enough Best Buy has really niche weeb games
I found Super Neptunia rpg at a random South Carolina Best Buy but nowhere at GameStop

>You probably don't even know what a fucking boondoggle is you fucking brainlet.

Kek

>kike isn't a slur for jew
ok brainlet

>doesn't understand how a word is now used in the common vernacular or how it evolves in usage in an active language
sounds about right for an idiot.

>Go to Gamestop to get my preordered Dark Souls 2 on release day
>They only had one copy left and it was literally smashed
>The metal game case looked as if someone stepped on it
>Tell them I will not accept it
>The cashier argued with me when I asked for my $5 deposit back
Fuck Gamestop, Fuck Camp Lejeune, and Fuck Trannies.

Nothing will actually work because the margins are too low and while people go "Lol Amazon" what is really killing them is "Lol Walmart, Target, Best Buy" having better service and the same games your average zoomer wants and they are probably in the same shopping center.

>kike isn't a jew
>but I'm also an expert on language
lmao retard

The 2 BB's by me will stock some semi niche stuff, like Tales of but that's it.

again where did I ever say Jew or kike? Oh wait that's right I didn't and you are a fucking moron of the lowest caliber.

I like Costco because they’re the only fucking store that has wheelchair accessible shopping carts
Take a note literally every other department store

The NIS incident and non-AAA/unsuccessful gachas/lootboxers proved that is not as safe as suits think it is. The only ones that dig games as a service without complaining are people who buy FIFA and Madden yearly and diehard gachafags, which are mostly japanese.

FUUUUCCCCKKK
IMAGINE HOW MUCH I COULD HAVE MADE SHORTING THISSSS

This is the worst shit. Got a Razer mouse as a gift from there years ago, LMB was finally starting to fail on me this year. Googled local electronic stores and turns out most of them have closed or at best relocated. Figured fuck it, I'll just go to EB Games, even if I personally think gaming related things like mice is a fucking ripoff.

They had maybe 2 models behind the desk going for $300 or more. Everything else is replaced with retarded merch. The games section is maybe a quarter what it used to be and that's being extremely generous. PC section is nothing but those few mice, a couple of keyboards and I think a single Diablo Battlechest that is way up on a ceiling high shelf. Pretty sure it's from their old location elsewhere in the mall and is probably the first product they stocked, kept as a sentimental thing or some shit.

>He doesn't realize it was being used how it is commonly used in today's language and you just can't accept being out of the loop

inb4 >Yea Forums is one person

seriously you abject moron, go ahead and quote the post where I said kike or jew before another idiot sperg brought it up as an accusation. Oh that's right there is no post you absolute fucking moron

>wheelchair accessible shopping carts

Attached: wp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F02%2FCarolineCart-updated.jpg%2Ffull-fit-in__950x534.jpg (950x702, 72K)

>Camp Lejeune
I fucking hate everything about that base

lmao you got outed as a retard this is a great backpedal

the only positive was before they bought EB they gave cash instead of credit.

Did you ever see the Pink haired light browned skin cashier at Gamestop?

get out and go back to /pol/

yep and pic related you fucking moron

Attached: moron.png (959x401, 30K)

The last time I will ever go into a gamestop is this september, where I have a free game pre ordered from having ass loads of good boy points when I was younger.

no we don't want these l*berals at /pol/

I have never seen something I absolutely hate with all my heart this fast
I don’t even have a picture to capture my pure hatered right now

yep sure thing bud see you smug retard oooops

acid and base cancel one another out

great shop bro

youtube.com/watch?v=drIn2yGrXx8

I know exactly who you’re talking about and just the thought of them makes me wanna burn that entire place to the ground

The internet happened and small competitors could finally compete now that they had leverage against the shitty, overpriced, and monopolized retail market that the boomers created. I hope every god damn boomer company crashes and burns. I already was ecstatic about Kmart, next I'm hoping for Wal-Mart and best buy. God I love capitalism.
>another boomer article about why millennials are ruining their markets because we're not being good goys
Music to my ears. Next we need to end Social Security, end Medicare, and get out of the middle east and Israel. We need to fix everything they did. Gamestop was just the beginning, next will be their Jew wars.

Attached: 1543799824228.jpg (606x466, 60K)

nice backpedal you fucking moron

do arcades even exist anymore?

>Business is failing and seeks management of its debt and assets
>OMG THE JEWS ARE DOING THIS
>yes that is normal
>HAHAHAHA YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD BRO

It's just time moving and leaving old things behind.
Soon enough retail stores will have to have a delivery system in order to survive since online stores are starting to deliver groceries.

She had nudes up on isanyoneup but that website is long gone. Tits were ok.

Radio shack's website still sells niche electronics, I ordered a few parts from it just last month. Pretty much the only way these businesses are surviving

again one last time I never mentioned Jewish people once, you absolute fucking brainlet moron. Please kys because you are painfully stupid and this is the last (you) you get faggot

>sadpanda died
>gamestop going to die
how am i ever going to keep my games

Friend finally found online a limited edition copy of a game someone stole from him at a party a few years back. Had to be sent down from a store somewhere up North, but he got it within the week so he was pretty happy. Opens up the package only to find they put the disc in a new case, put their own shitty generic OC character used for pre-owned games in the cover sleeve despite advertising it as a new copy and it didn't include any of the extra shit like the manual.

It blatantly ruined the game for him, any time he went to play it after that he'd quit in 30 minutes and bitch about the whole thing again.

I think I’m justified when I say
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
IM FUCKING 25 WITH CEREBRAL PALSY
STOP TREATING ME LIKE A FUCKING CHILD IM DISABLED NOT FUCKING STUPID OR RETARDED
KILL YOURSELF AND DIE YOU DEGRADING PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT

lmao btfo because you literally don't understand that external administration is a normal part of businesses down-scaling or selling off, but keep thinking you're a brain genius

Yeah, Gamestop is certain to die now, but they should have at least tried to sell old consoles or given better rewards. Their reputation for fucking people over had to have an effect on its steep decline.

Shortly after the Switch came out I called Gamestop to ask what the trade-in value of a WiiU was and they offered me 10$ for the console.

Attached: 1548629428152.jpg (251x242, 12K)

They will soon.

>ponyfucker tripfag fucks off and now we're going to get something better
>overpriced shitty boomer store goes out of business
This is a great year, desu.

>this is the average anime fgc member

Maybe if I didn’t have to listen to her annoying voice I could enjoy her tits

and then when you get there they hit you with 50% or more refurbishing fee's because they have to wipe off some dust

Why are you pretending to be me?

Attached: Implying.png (1681x422, 51K)

I have to admit, the attitude towards people who are physically disabled can be pretty sickening.

How is playing vidya with cerebral palsy tho?

based
cringe

Because it may end up dissuading a potential customer from buying the final product, something a lot of these publishers want to avoid. It also makes it easier to sell the game to potential buyers by controlling the perception around it. Publishers like EA really want to avoid people thinking their games might be lacking.

Bruh my hands still work.
My legs are completely fucked though.

What extension is that to turn (You)s into movie quotes?

That's because walmart actually has games in it.

The 4U extension. Its quite large.

May as well just kys since you'll always be a burden on society and those around you.

Imagine not shorting gamestop

wow that's pretty low. if i buy stocks now and it bounces i can make a killing right?

I wasn't sure if messed up your general motor skills as well.

Why do election tourists think they're such purveyors and gentlemen of the market?

i stopped going to gamestop when i went to preorder an xbox one and the guy was trying to convince me to get a ps4. i'll admit i made a wrong decision at this point but i don't like how nasty the guy was about it. it's Yea Forums's job to shit on me not gamestop.

trying to COPE this hard

Attached: ogre1.png (747x499, 880K)

theoretically. just don't fuck up and end up as a majority shareholder.

Now that's pretty cringy, but he's not wrong.
In my country (Norway), a store called Outland literally took over ALL sale of manga and fantasy novels, because they allowed people to sit there and read, play MTG, rent board games (for free) or whatever. Meanwhile, all the old bookstores are dying fast.

>hahaha dude i'll edit this webpage to make it look like not me
>wait what, why don't they believe me!
election tourist gets btfo

Yes but those chances are pretty low. Retail is not growing anymore, even in Latin America where people is still somewhat scared of buying shit online.

>election tourist
absolute cringe. thank god summer vacation is ending soon

cope harder seething the_donald tranny

It does but i’ve learned to deal with it.
Anything slower than Bayonetta I can handle

It's like you chose the precise words in the exact order that would have everyone on this board come in here and take turns calling you a retard.

Attached: 1540644870531.jpg (890x656, 96K)

COPE some more bud

Attached: 5083640+_c008fb007d69ace79a35c870b265b012.png (1214x1239, 1.02M)

Holy fuck. That image is peak soulless.

>tfw just glad that Round1 USA is doing so well that it's gradually causing a second golden age for american arcades
i love groove coaster so fucking much dude

What? Please elaborate before the thread dies

Round1, a Japanese arcade/bowling company, and made a huge push expanding into the US in the last couple years by buying out relatively cheap locations (dying malls, shit towns, etc) and reviving the fuck out of them through the power of pretty decent prices and actually decent, non-ticketshit games. The one in Grapevine, TX has Groove Coaster, Miku, Pop'n Music, Taiko, Dodonpachi, and Melty Blood cabinets off the top of my head, and it gets a shitload of business despite places like Dave&Busters and such still suffering.