Is FarCry3 the only game where you activley see your main character go from a complete sheltered pussy to a complete...

Is FarCry3 the only game where you activley see your main character go from a complete sheltered pussy to a complete monster slaughtering people by the hundreds without a second thought, and actually acknowledge it?

Attached: blur_farcry3_jason_01.jpg (614x730, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6C6mraTsxq8&t=1077s
gamewatcher.com/news/far-cry-3-redux-mod
youtube.com/watch?v=aU2ucm8vVU8
youtube.com/watch?v=-jlxwUX_57Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't he look at his bloody hands and go "What have I become"?
The first Tomb Raider reboot did the same shit.

No there are literally thousands of RPGs that do this lazy writing garbage.

He looks a lot like Vinny.

Attached: binyot.png (670x550, 323K)

Yeah and then they immediately forget about it. Jason's loss of humanity is a focal point throughout the whole story

Vaas's sister was a good fuck

Based

Farcry 3 suffered some serious issues though because of this "morality shit". I remember early game clearing out a couple of outposts no problem, stabbing, shooting, just basically massacring everyone. Then I have a mission to clear out an outpost and suddenly Jason's a little bitch, panting and trying to psyche himself up, and I'm just like wtf dude? We just cleared out two outposts no problem, why are you such a pussy all of a sudden?
Also, I hated in this game you couldn't climb in through windows, wtf was that all about?

t. dead Jason

Not really, jason's face is more angled

Vinny a cute

Yeah, the first time around.

As much as I hate both my brothers and my ex, I'm not slitting their throats no matter how good the pussy is. Good thing I didn't choose the Citra ending and looked it up on YouTube after beating the game. The bitch was after my precious seed the whole time.

Wish Brian Tyler would do another soundtrack for Ubisoft. Far Cry 3 and Black Flag had some pretty good music.

Also, is just me or did FC3 seems like the beginning of Ubisofts thing for having psychedelic trips/fever dreams in their games. I like them, it's just something I noticed.

Vinny a look like he wants to die.

Far Cry 3 is Ubisoft's equivalent to CoD4 that skyrocketed the series to blockbuster levels.

>accidentally shoot one of vaas’s goons in the neck
>oh god oh fuck oh shit
>next few missions has you slaughter a camp full of goons with an AK rifle
>jason doesnt react
yeah, smooth.

what are some games where killing fucks with the player character? this war of mine is the only i can recall

Dying Light

Attached: Downloadfile.png (462x1092, 399K)

MGS
>You enjoy all the killing, don't you?

Do cops irl feel bad with all the killing they do?

Far Cry 3 was a great game. Fuck the Ubisoft = bad shitters, they probably never even played it

You go from pussy to killer within 10 minutes

What the fuck are you even on about?

>I've never killed anyone
>How does that american saying goes? There is a first time for everything
Great game.

Yokotaro games

>from a complete sheltered pussy to a complete monster slaughtering people by the hundreds without a second thought
is that why jason is still "GOD, UGH......"ing around when i skin animals even post-vaas? that shit still bugs the hell out of me

the best part of this game is that the director thought it was completely serious

when its obviously a comedy after this happens

Just bought the enhanced edition for $15, is it any god solo or should I convince one of my mates to get it?

Most cops go their entire career without even shooting their guns.

>what are some games where killing fucks with the player character?
Does this count?

Attached: hotline.jpg (616x353, 49K)

His design was actually slightly based off of Herman Rorscahch, the inventor of the inkblot test. Thats why you see a lot of Rorschach like imagery in the games (mostly the loading screens)

Attached: Hermann_Rorschach_c.1910.jpg (220x361, 16K)

Pretty sure HM kickstarted the "you are a bad person for enjoying violent video games!" trend

It's a mediocre game. Far Cry 5, however, is a legit good FC game

You all are missing the point.
It's not Jason going from "pussy" to "literal godslayer" in a matter of 10 minutes.
It's Jason going from not enjoying having to kill people, to loving every minute of it and doing it for sport.
He was always a killer since before he came to the island, he just needed that push. Vaas and Himself allude to this constantly.

how young are you

26 years old

Hotline Miami was not the first and most people missed the point of both games.

What was the first one then? I'm actually got bored of this trite shit plaguing indie games

there was some game for the snes (i think) where you play as a total dweeb who gradually gets more confident as the game goes on, I think AVGN did an episode on it. Can't remember the name though, maybe lester the unlikely? I'm pretty sure the gameplay sucked balls but it's a cool concept nonetheless. I was pissed that so many redditors complained about playing as a character who actually experienced an arc that Ubisoft did a 180 and made each Far Cry protagonist since a blank slate generic hero type.

It's an absolute blast solo and coop, so do as you wish

Farcry 3 is best Farcry. Joseph is based but rest is boring. Boring environment, enemies, missions, characters.

>no one has mentioned spec ops the line yet

Isn't he already an accomplished merc even before the game's events? I've always found it funny that even though you've got a lot of experience by that point, you still insist on going into zombieland with nothing but a pistol and a high-tech helmet, which you end up losing/breaking.

Yes but he never experienced a zombie apocalypse, so that's why he was such a bitch ass nigga at the beginning

>Boring environment, enemies, missions, characters.
I disagree

Man, what a bitch ass nigga. Never traveled to Detroit before and that's why all he brings is a t-shirt and a shitty pistol.

I like the concept but it kinda does it awkwardly.
Once the main tutorial/chase ends you go around wiping people out like it's nothing and he never really develops beyond "one-liner asshole that occasionally freaks out".

Also I'm surprised no one talks about how Jason joked about his friend being raped as a sex slave.

They also kinda did that dream-stuff in AC3 didn't they?

Yeah, but it was more of a spiritual thing and not the character tripping balls having a nightmare.

He was undercover trying to infiltrate a gang, they can't send him in with full gear and have nobody think something is amiss.

No. But it is the only game where one of the main characters got a role on a critically acclaimed TV series.

Attached: vaas.gif (268x151, 1.36M)

the kwisatz haderach of the Rook Islands

>start playing far cry 3
>like skyrim with guns, good shit
>unlock the wingsuit
>new ugly ass gloves on screen all the time
>can't deal with it and quit
Never completed the game, far cry 4 much better.

Attached: 1345802981993.jpg (640x480, 96K)

3 and 5 are best

Attached: my-image (22).png (1216x560, 482K)

>Faith not in shit tier
She's a manipulative whore.

I liked 4 best.

Best live action promo in gaming history:

youtube.com/watch?v=6C6mraTsxq8&t=1077s

>An actor that was only ment to be a secondary antagonist killed his role so well that he becomes the icon of the game and is offered roles in various other projects.

Nobody else could have played Vaas better.

The only thing that I didn't like about 4 is that you're forced to play the bad guy. I would have much rather had been on Pagan Mins side.

one of the first mods for fc3 was removing the gloves

Why didn’t you just eat the Crab Ragoon?

has become very silent about Michael Mando, unfortunately

Is this guy dead now? I mean he was probably in LA when the nukes hit.

"bad guy" is a bit of a stretch.

not really

Shut up tranny

He stayed on the island.

5 needed more or less weapon variety. Either go further with the emphasis on gun stats and have a better variety of guns - since each gun in every category is pretty much the same "archetype" with at best 1-2 outliers (And in the case of shotguns literally don't even change stats other than capacity), or just have a stock default selection of guns that maybe you can upgrade or some shit. It's too in-the-middle for its own good.

I'm glad the melee's fun now though, all they need to do is bring back the machete. There's no reason not to, you can already pin people to walls so gore is clearly not what they're avoiding.

Is this game legitimately good or is it a cheap cash-grab?

Attached: Far Cry New Dawn cover.jpg (800x450, 109K)

Attached: henry.jpg (237x213, 7K)

Any chance for Far Cry 3 remastered?

Far Cry 5 had an amazing OST too.

Kingdom Come Deliverance, it's even shown in gameplay so that Henry doesn't get decent at fighting until several hours into the game

jason brody transformation from pussy soiboi to high as fuck apex predator is the coolest thing from any far cry,also being fithing pirates and having a secret base thats a cave maked me feel like the phantom

this
Henry was a bad ass

I thing one of the guys who worked on the game said the secret ending is the actual canon ending.

>Eat some crab rangoon
>Chill for 15 minutes
>Pagan Min comes back and apologizes to you for making you wait
>Takes you to your half-sisters grave so that you can place your mothers ashes next to hers
>Pagan Min asks you if you feel better and wants to shoot guns together and just wants to bond in general
>Gives you the country Kyrat
>You're the biological son of the creators of the Golden Path so the war most likely ends peacefully with minimal bloodshed

And we never got a DLC where you and Pagan Min take down Sabal and that other bitch.

I haven't played it yet but I've heard that too.

Ubisoft released a Far Cry 3 remastered last year. And there is also a fan made mod:

gamewatcher.com/news/far-cry-3-redux-mod

WAY UP IN THE FUCKING SKY YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD YOUR FINGER ON THE PUSSY TRIGGER
BUT DOWN HERE HERMANO? YOU HIT THE GROUND

YOU ARE SO FUCKED JASON

You're only half right.

FC3 and FC5 are equally as good, although I prefer 5 for the world-building and Faith's lore.

youtube.com/watch?v=aU2ucm8vVU8

I like it. Gotta be honest with you, I've owned FC5 for a while, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I'll have to change that.

You're not Jason, kid.

I never played a farcry game do I lose anything if I start with 5?

Gameplay in FC4 is far better than FC3 but somehow the story and atmosphere doesn't do it for me. I never felt like there is a need for me to be in this place at all. Unlike FC3 where you are supposed to rescue your friends.
FC5 was great aside from the forced progression and the lack of unique gun customisation.

Only references to previous games. Nothing that impacts the story in any meaningful way. New Dawn is the sequel to Far Cry 5 and so far is the only Far Cry game that has had a direct sequel.

*Critical

Attached: critkal.png (527x637, 249K)

No, the open-world in FC5 is quite "free" as compared to its predecessors where you have to unlock regions. You can go in whatever direction you want and start missions there. You don't need to climb dozens of radio towers anymore either. And the companion system from Far Cry Primal is nicely done too. There are no story references to previous games aside from Hurk.

You get to fuck her after you kill the big demon boss though, the ending was just an extra

Really cool game I miss it much and wish they did a sequel of it. Farcry 4 didnt have the spark

you are fully dressed in this scene. She is just dry-humping you.

>implying a virgin knows what sex is

Is Far Cry 3 one of the games with the worst protagonist in history?
Literally a bunch of braindead rich white kids who willingly put themselves in the horror they found themselves in

It's a videogame, user. their not gonna model Jason's dick out of his zipper, just for you to get the point.

youtube.com/watch?v=-jlxwUX_57Q

There are different versions of each song played on the radio depending on the region you are in.
Folk/Bluegrass in Jacob's region, choral in John's and ambient in Faith's.

Yeah, that pussy was to die for.

Except it doesn't do that at all, you fucking retard. Play games before you shitpost about them.

>Is Far Cry 3 one of the games with the worst protagonist in history?
No? Jason was a fun character, he was Alice in his own wonderland. A real bad character would be something like pic related

Attached: 802d4caf724d89444dcab80acb04a6e2.jpg (681x960, 141K)

I don't get it.

>Run, you bastards! I'm coming for you all!
TR was fun. Shame they basically remade it twice with Rise and Shadow.

Enemies have levels now so that makes them bulletsponges if you have low tier gear
Pick it up for no more than $15

I could tape a beard and mustache to a mop handle and people would say it's Vinny.

Vaas is so cute bros, where do I get myself a wild jungleboy bf?

Attached: A157873C-231D-460F-9328-CF1F8D52BC45.jpg (1467x1102, 563K)

I played it and found it dull as hell.

All of his friends are intolerable though. They're like a bunch of rich xsports kids that can miraculously destroy an army of pirates. The mission were you rescue that one kid with the hat was intolerable.

Also the mission were you burn people to death in the weed fields while Skrillex plays while the MC screams "YO THIS IS FUCKIN LIT" was also retarded. The only actually fun parts of this game was taking over bases, the actual missions were dull and the writing was some of the worst I've ever seen.

>All of his friends are intolerable though. They're like a bunch of rich xsports kids
That's what they are, annoying rich kids thrown into a world that they don't know what to do in, a world that's trying to change them the tough way. And Jason's elder brother was also in the army if you noticed.
And he atleast had a character that was entertaining for what it was.

best non-rpg open world game I've ever played

it's by no means a piece of writing mastery, but the fact that your characters voiced adds a lot to investment. it also has some quests that approaching-fallout in terms of how wacky they are

I don't even know about that until i see your post. I guess this franchise is dying