I fell for the VR meme

I paid $1100 including tax for a Valve Index and the controllers only click when you push the thumbsticks in certain directions, the headset keeps shutting off and the worse part is after waiting 7 days for a response Valve is making me pay to return the defective unit back to them for a refund. The package weighs 16 pounds! I told them that's bullshit but they sent me a link to their return policy stating:

>Valve Hardware Return Policy:
>You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the Hardware.
store.steampowered.com/hardware_order_terms

What do I do, bros?

Attached: fuck my life.jpg (680x765, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E7wwqUA4QZs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just ship it back who cares
you arent poor are you user?

It is pretty ridiculous that they force you to pay for return shipping, considering that they're not some fucking ebay scalper or rando selling on Amazon and are instead one of the most successful game-related businesses in history. It's not like they can't take the hit, what bitches.

I'm going to have to ship it back with something reliable and fully insure it. It's going to cost me $60 to get my $1100 back. I can't believe I'm going to lose money because Valve sent me defective junk. This was a big mistake.

Pretty sure you can fix that shit yourself. Google a guide.
Don't preorder hardware next time, though. It's not like it can be fixed easily in a day without your involvement.

VR is a meme gimmick fad that is already over.

>the controllers only click when you push the thumbsticks in certain directions
It's not defective! It's by design, silly.
t. Valve

Attached: jkkcndr0j6831.jpg (985x264, 23K)

Should of bought a Samsung odysey. It's insane people will spend almost 4 times the price for a headset with the same resolution and with slightly better refresh rate and controllers.

You're a poor dumbass

Sounds like you fell for the Valve meme and the Facebook is bad meme, because I have only heard of issues like these with the Vive controller. Everybody knows the Vive Pro was a gimmick so obviously this would have been, you should have just got a Rift or Rift S

It is a meme it's only good for racing / flying sims. Should have got an oculus desu

live in a country with consumer protection lmfao
amerifat btfo

If it was opposite day I'd be a rich smartass

Attached: 1 int.png (530x460, 213K)

its unironically not an issue.
The stick movement is large and the clicking issues are at an edge only or they lack the tactile click and still function.

Literally the solution is not to click them at the edge of travel but plebbitors are too retarded and just get buttblasted over minor things.

>facebook bad
>meme
i use that shit but cmon you can't be that retarded.

Yes the company is trash but if that's the reason for not getting a Rift then you're the retard

>>Literally the solution is not to click them at the edge of travel
You mean "don't use the basic functionality of the stick, the one that dozens of games expect, because Valve wanted to save 5 cents on stick production in 300 dollar peripherals"?

Unironically kill yourself. It's absolutely insane that 300 dollar joysticks, because those are the only reason anyone would buy knuckles in the first place, don't even work as joysticks.

BASED

sounds like you listed quite a few reasons why it is better/costs more

Rift is straight up unusable. I've tried it, in a dozen different rooms with varying layouts, the tracking is just absolutely abysmal.

Lighthouses are the SOLE option. I fucking hope Pimax can shit out some decent controllers.

In an ideal world, I'd just be able to print a new shell for my Vive wands that tacks on a thumbstick and some face buttons, but unfortunately, VR is niche as fuck.

you can press the sticks down at any angle on the beautiful rift controllers

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_forbes-finds_files_2018_07_oculus-touch-final.jpg (960x600, 29K)

they work in majority of the cases. You're just an unlucky one.
Sure it's not okay for that issue to exist but the controllers aren't really artifically priced considerig wands cost 280 bucks.

Either suck it up paying for rma in your third world anti consumer shithole, open them up and fix them yourself or literally don't click sticks where they don't work but in areas where they do.

Your PC is not getting enough power then because the tracking is literally the exact same. Go back to redit

no I didn't get rift cause they have shit tracking and I didn't like the controllers.
Now I got vive and index and I pirate every single ocushit game cause they don't want us to pay for them anyway.

not to mention FB using your data illegally.

Attached: 1328377741641.png (1000x944, 1.03M)

>the controllers aren't really artifically priced considerig wands cost 280 bucks.
Imagine arguing that the knuckles aren't overpriced because HTC, the company that put out a 1000 dollar headset only device, sells their shit for 300 bucks too. What's next, are you going to say that tracking pucks should be priced at 100 bucks each instead of the 20 maximum they should cost?

I honestly don't understand why Valve kept the trackpads on the controllers after their Steam controllers flopped for that reason, you can tell Oculus' partnership with Microsoft paid off because the rift controllers feel like xbox one controllers

>didn't like the controllers
kek

>not to mention FB using your data illegally
maybe just don't use Facebook, fuckwad

>xbone elite
>shitty generic xbone controller but costs 160 bucks and memed to be best
>knuckles, single controller
>filled with sensors and comfort and usbc charging and is 150 bucks for one

Honestly it's not bad. It's bad that they bought shitty joysticks but at least they replace them.

Valve literally sabotaged HTC by telling them players didn't need thumbsticks because they were still pushing their trackpad cancer.

I don't know who it is on the design team that went to the Apple school of design, but holy fuck I hope one day they get hit by a truck.

>maybe just don't use Facebook, fuckwad
I don't have oculus so.

I find trackpads objectively superior and they're fucking great on steam controller. Steam controller is only controller that lets you play non gamepad games from couch eg shit like diablo and rts and other trash.

>at least they replace them
Imagine sending your fucking 300 dollar controllers back halfway around the world because someone couldn't afford 10 cents in the budget.

I'm honestly glad they used "force sensing" garbage for the rest of the controller, that shit is idiot proof and almost impossible to break even if you do buy the cheapest stuff available. If they used actual buttons for shit like the thumbpad and grip, like every other company, I imagine half the controllers would be broken by now.

I hope you're not assuming you need a Facebook account to use the OCULUS rift because that would really show your retardation

>I find trackpads objectively superior

Attached: 1864h.jpg (620x683, 40K)

ocushit joysticks were near unusable in h3vr for gun interaction and i find them annoying to use as they get slippery from sweat.

Not to mention controller shape is pretty fucking shit and fuck that AA battery shit.

oculus is literally a small part of facebook. They track everything you do and they've confirmed to using that data at some point.

H3VR is just a very poorly made game in terms of controls, it took Anton years to add shit like twinstick movement, and right now you can't bind turn to buttons in SteamVR if you have Vive wands because... he's retarded?

Move to a country that has better consumer laws.

>H3VR is just a very poorly made game in terms of controls
I definetly agree with the stuff you provided but shit like slide catches and stuff is just flat out easier and more comfortable on touchpad.
And yes anton is retarded
>refuses to get help to design levels and gamemodes and instead chooses to remake them over and over and over again slowly and marginally better each time

JUST FUCKING HIRE SOMEONE TO UNFUCK YOUR SHITTY LEVEL AND GAMEMODE DESIGN FUCK

Man, EUfags are taxed out of their ass, but they have 2 weeks to just send back any online order without giving a reason and receive a full refund.

Oh you're obese, of course you would have issues with slippery thumbsticks

>Controller shape is shit
It's literally just an Xbox controller split in half

>AA battery shit
obviously you would interchange rechargeable batteries dumb fuck, I would much rather go a month without needing to replace them then having to charge my controllers twice a day and making sure each one is up to date and double checking I have no way of unplugging my controllers while updating so they don't become literally bricked

>they've confirmed to using that data at some point.

prove that lmao

taxes aren't that bad dude.
Here you can go online start your own company in 10 minutes and get tax off everything you ever want making shit 20% cheaper.

>Oh you're obese, of course you would have issues with slippery thumbsticks
what kinda mutated freak are you taht your hands dont sweat. You must have baby hands to find thumbsticks comfortable
>>Controller shape is shit
>It's literally just an Xbox controller split in half
you must have baby hands to find slippery soap no grip touch controllers comfortable
>>AA battery shit
>obviously you would interchange rechargeable batteries dumb fuck, I would much rather go a month without needing to replace them then having to charge my controllers twice a day and making sure each one is up to date and double checking I have no way of unplugging my controllers while updating so they don't become literally bricked
you clearly stated you enjoy vive wands more as you play way more with them lmao.

>plugging controllers in every few days as you pack up vs being cucked and having to buy rechargable batteries and chargers and littering your house with that shit
no thanks I'd rather buy a system without that shit and enjoy actual real tracking.

>7 days for a response
Yeah they're telling you to go fuck yourself.
Send it back and request a refund, don't try and get a new one because it will be most likely fucked up too.

they literally quoted to sit on your data but not using it at this moment, which was maybe a year or so ago.
That's corporate speak for "we haven't found anyone to sell it to."
Not gonna bother sourcing because I'm not the retard who defends a shitty company.

Karnage Chronicles is on sale bros. Good game.

Attached: Valve Support 2050.jpg (1667x612, 174K)

Yep. Valve is not your friend, not sure why you cucks worship them.

>$300 controllers lack basic functionality that literally all $50 controllers have
>not an issue guys
How does Gabe's cock taste?

>I bought Vive at full price and have to justify it somehow: the post
So sad, sweetie!

>paying $300 for controllers with unclickable sticks
Why are Valve drones like this?

>finally get VR set to work
>realize there's nothing worth playing anyways

I bought my Vive for 300 bucks this year, though. I wish other forms of tracking were better, but they just aren't. Even lighthouse tech isn't perfect, but it's miles better than all the alternatives. It's a shame, I far prefer the Rift's controllers, but the complete lack of precision just makes them worthless.

Return it before the grace period ends.

except that we also get tax exemptions out of our asses
literally:
>do a thing
>go to the tax office and tell them that I do something
>get some taxes refunded
feels pretty great

>go to the tax office and tell them that I do something
hows it like living in 1800's
>go online
>log in
>press a few buttons
>tax return done in literally 1 minute.

Childhood was fighting this poster.
Adulthood is realizing he was right all along.

More like Poor Zoomers who browse this site can't afford a VR headset.
Whilst the Boomers who do can.

Boomer here, wouldn't recommend it. Only been using it for virt a mate and boxing for the past year. No real exciting games in the VR space.

VR is the most expensive gaming gimmick that took off after the nintendo switch

Attached: 1562734831643.gif (530x320, 312K)

I like to personally know the guy that handles my monetary issues
also the 1800s were peak fashion as fuck

Wrong, video games are the most expensive gimmick that took off. VR is arguably the smallest niche in the industry.

*tips fedora*

VR would need more than a single game for anyone to think it "took off".

Valve hates gamers and probably the only reason they made Steam Controller and VR is to mess up with extra inputs. Steam Controller gets shat on Nintendo Pro Controller, but it will be ages before Nintendo is even capable of knocking-off PSVR, so they ended up with Index and no games.

>Steam Controller gets shat on Nintendo Pro Controller

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHA

Attached: 1503417623616.jpg (900x900, 149K)

They've been hyped up to infinity, Dev Builds were solid (I know I tried), Valve fucked it up with mass-producing. There was literally no way to know, but I agree, you should know better and NEVER pre-order, especially from Valve.

Post your index with timestamp and post ID

If it didn't register the button press it would be much worse but it does.

I can, FBT, Hotas, Wheel, everything.
I still don't recommend it. 2019 was dogshit and it's only getting worse. Imagine if Sony made PS5 for 1000$ without launch titles, but hurr it has backwards compatibility, that's Index - the 'best' thing that happened for VR in 2019. If you're not a sim autist you're buying into an early access meme that looks like it will be stuck in this stage for years, possibly downgrade to Quest levels in near future.

Switch pro controller is cheaper and better

You have shit taste then im afraid

no track pad makes it useless at what steam controller does.

I paid 200 bucks for my windows mr headset.
It's still emerging tech, if you buy the most expensive shit on the market, you've got nobody to blame but yourself.
Especially if you're only tipping your toes into the VR thing, when you aren't sure if you even like it.
Like buying a Porsche as a first car, cause you've watched top gear.

Attached: space engine.jpg (1024x576, 267K)

I mean, I still play daily, I would just not recommend it. If you are into simulators you probably won't need recommendations anyway because you'll get it anyway.
The actual VR roomscale games? Those either dead or shit in one way or another, especially if you're not used to indie devs and their meltdowns and one bugfix a year (also introducing extra two)

vr is a meme to milk people with too much money, congrats you got milked

>t. doesn't own vr but pretends to

>maybe just don't use Facebook, fuckwad
Facebook literally constructs a "shadow" profile on you even if you don't have an account

Oh yeah, totally. Fuck off and name some games you think are so good that make someone who used this shit headset for two years now reconsider his stance that it's a platform on life-support.

m'user

>implying OP isn't full of shit

>made a new headset-specific wojack
so, facebook or tencent or sony? who is it you work for?

I discovered honey selects VR mode last night. I ended up using it for 3 hours and got to work late this morning.
Can't wait to do it again tonight

>Buy Occulus Rift.
>Get Beat Saber.
>Mod it for custom songs.
>Invite normie girls over to try my toy.
>Most of them are enamoured by it, use that to get lucky.
>Having sex with multiple girls because they're falling for the meme machine.

Guys, you're all using your VR sets wrong.

Attached: 1562507149318.gif (750x500, 569K)

I would expect this stance on Reddit. Those fuckers would pull this on everyone that complained about SDE issue in 2016. Now, with Index, they all suddenly agree that SDE in older headsets made in barely enjoyable.
It's possible to be into something and still not recommend it, despite enjoying it daily. I bet you're one of those faggots that spergs out whenever he sees a review with thumbs down and hundreds of hours on record.
I would say 2018 was really good for VR, but 2019 was shit. They keep breaking all the games with shit or no updates, outside of a handful of jank games everything else is dead. Index was shit, I regret I didn't see it coming. Maybe Boneworks will prove to be worth it in the end, but it's not looking good Facebook is the only one pumping money into VR, and they lean towards accessability. Valve has superior tracking, but they seem to have picked up on HTC's customer support habits, and make absolutely zero games. The only Index "exclusive" is a 15 minute outsourced demo.

>sabotaged HTC
lmao

How hard is it to mod beatsaber?

my vive shipped with defective controllers too but they still sorta worked and i ended up fixing them myself. most stressful self-repair i ever did knowing the things are 150 a pop. the internal components are just so breakable.

>Index was shit, I regret I didn't see it coming.
I don't know how anyone didn't realise this.

I wasn't a big fan of the Vive screen until I upped supersampling, now it's totally fine. Imagine spending 1000 bucks on something that only has 50% more pixels.

The only game of any value in VR remains H3VR, and even that is filled with bugs. Maybe Boneworks will be good, but if it doesn't have mod support (and it won't), it's just one step forward, 2 steps back again.

The only company who could've been good for VR was Valve, but unfortunately they became a children's gambling marketplace a few years back, and they have no interest in developing games anymore.

The wands were their design. I mean, HTC could have made their controllers based on Touch, so they're probably equally retarded and should take the blame too.

It's a free manager that does it all for you. Stupid easy, takes all of 5 minutes.

The vive wands are a bit delicate, but no more so than any basic phone repair, or even most controllers nowadays because everything uses those ribbon connectors.

Not hard at all, you download an program and it just werks, you can set it up any way you want and download songs in-game.
The catch is the devs fuck it up with minor updates so you have to repeat the process every time. They're probably scratching their heads with Sony and Occulus how to remove modding from the equation too, but for now it still works.

SDE on the Vive is fucking awful and I'm glad I sold that shit off in time.

VR sucks

also valve is shit at hardware

it's so annoying having lighthouse sensors installed. any time the power goes out for even a few seconds, they turn on and NEVER turn off. so I have to unplug them and then go through the routine of plugging them back in and syncing when I use it again

HTC had no experience with the gaming market, obviously they're going to default to a company that seems to know the marketplace like Valve for decisions like controller design. And then Valve got to fix the issue they made by giving HTC an awful design.

youtube.com/watch?v=E7wwqUA4QZs

Attached: 534565435534.png (512x512, 236K)

How much experience do you need to look at designs of game controllers over the last 20 years and think that maybe hey we shouldn't reinvent the wheel in the first gen.

>get sex because you showed some bimbos your VR toy
yeah no

Man, wait until you find out what kinds of fucked up shit people do in non-virtual reality.
I don't think you are ready for that.

how did you pay? most credit cards have protections against shit like this which totally negate any type of policy a company thinks they can institute when they really can't because their merchant contracts are fucking bullet proof and the card companies will ass fuck them if they try and not comply or add stipulations that they can't

I paid $70 for a Lenovo VR headset that included both controllers. It works well enough. It's not as nice as the $1100 shit, but I have had no issues, it's plug-and-play, and I can play VR games just as well as other people.

Just saying that you fell for the meme, and then you fell for the bad pricing. I'll bet you in 4 months all these issues will be resolved and the headset will cost $600.

I left out the part where I sleep roofies into their drinks when they have VR on. Oopsie!

Valve were pretty adamant that nobody would want to use locomotion in VR because of sim sickness. And they probably bragged about their awful steam controller.

get them replaced?

Man I wish Valve burned down like KyoAni already.

>Not using the neural link on the toilet
What's the matter, Pajeet? Don't want to get run over and gang raped on your designated shitting street?

I'm pretty sure DV1 are the controllers they wanted to make and they made thumbsticks shit on purpose out of spite.

Attached: knucks.jpg (299x168, 8K)

>Wants to stay an incel instead of getting laid.

Okay nerd.

actually you left out 3d gaming which with 3d TV's was a thing for a little while

Bought my vive new on Facebook market for $350.
I play every night. Beat sabers modding community is insane and it's way better to watch movies in a virtual theater than on my off color monitor.

Also it's fun to watch my friends play Spiderman.

Attached: 1562163968414.jpg (698x1065, 538K)

That's painful still. No more Dragon Maid Season 2...

>Yeah, make the thumbsticks lock up because of a hardware defect... also make sure the finger tracking is shitty and doesnt work properly when your fingers get a tiny bit damp... screechy triggers? You got that already? Good, make them break after some time too.
>Oh, and also... tell Reddit the empty space in the headset is called 'Frunk'. Can't wait for their shitty memes.

3D gaming didn't take off at all, unless you count the 3DS.

Normal guy: Bite the bullet. Pay for the shipping. Get a new one maybe?
Neutral: see post Scumbag: Flip it on eBay. If the person who bought it complains tell them to fuck off and check their own hardware because IT WORKED PERFECTLY ON MY MACHINE. If they continue complaining then you're going to fight with Paypal for the next year and a half because they always side with the seller.

Fuck off. Your FOTM-trope-filled-lesbian-loli-moe loving kind killed anime for me.

>$200
Why did you get the Samsung? The Lenovo/HP/Etc. is decent for the sub-$100 price point.

>tfw Paypal sided with me once with a scumbag seller.

Why'd you get the index instead of the oculus quest or rift s? At least those headsets are confirmed to actually work.

Sorry I got that wrong
>If they continue complaining then you're going to fight with Paypal for the next year and a half because they always side with the BUYER

I got my money back after being hosed by some scumbag eBay seller as well. Pretty quickly too, and he didn't fight it. Probably because he knew he was going to lose.

>Oculus reports that they're literally selling Quest headsets as fast as they can be manufactured
hm

Stay mad bro, those Dragons were CUTE and had some BOOBS

Attached: deal with it.jpg (640x360, 67K)

Crikey mate, watch out, that post is looking pretty fucking BASED

Fake news!

Have you gone so far down the rabbit hole that your coworkers can sense your creepiness yet?
asking for a friend

How does it compare to Koikatsu/CM3D2 VR?

>letting seasonal anime memes dictate what you like or don't

>all the digital data was saved from the fire from a concrete surrounded server room
>dragon maid season 2 is over
yeah it's a shame the director passed but either kyoani can continue after 2-5 years or they'll just give it to someone else

i got the valve index yesterday and i'm having a blast with it

there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of really good games, but the ones i've found that i like i really enjoy

vrchat is cool, too

>he trusted Valve hardware
oh I am laffin'

The honeymoon period will end soon. Then you'll realise there really aren't any games.

Boring boomer confirmed.
This boomer has enjoyed
In Death, Pavlov, Stand Out, A cybernetic, Gorn, Super Hot, Blade and Sorcery, sever tech demos like Plank Experience and Rick and morty along with Fallout 4 Vr, Dreadhalls and Arizona Sunshine. Beatsaber is my go to when I'm bored.

Depends on what you like. VR handles itself to first person so you get a lot of shooting games or horror experiences. Rhythm games are all over the place.

I'm European, the Samsung one isn't available here.
I got a rebranded Lenovo explorer ~6 months ago.
Everything is a bit more expensive here and includes tax too.
Rift rarely got close to 300 and vive was always above 500.

beatsaber is still the undisputed king of VR

>went for a rift during the dk1 days
>got cold feet and refunded before they shipped
>months later one arrives anyway
>play with it for like a week before I got bored
>waited a bit in case they asked for it back
>sold it for more than I would have paid
>now I know I dont give a shit about VR and will never buy in
Thanks oculus!

Beat saber is peak zoomer garbage, a rhythm game designed for people who played one guitar hero 15 years ago who have no understanding of the genre at all.

If your a normie, if you aren't then Pavlov, Vr Chat, and even Rec Room has more potential than that. Talk about a boring user.

>VR Chat
sure, if you're a queer or a tranny that wants to ERP cause that's your only shot of being a "real" girl

VR without motion controllers is worthless, though.

I don't really think VR is worth buying in for most people yet, simply because there are no fucking games, but there's a pretty big difference between head tracking and hand tracking.

Sure retards do that but more time than not I like to wander around, talk to meme spouting idiots and chill when I'm bored. Some of the animations fuck you up too, shits hilarious. People coming up with new shit almost every day.

VRChat is basically just SecondLife in VR. Eventually it will be taken over by the furries as well.

>dk1 days
>based his opinion on the fucking DK1
>no room scale
>no controllers
>absolutely dogshit visuals
You have no idea what you're talking about.

>if only the grafics were better then it wouldn't be a boring gimmick!!
Ok user! Sorry about the buyers remorse

The only real difference is that SL is technically the better game. It's got an in-game editor, you can sell shit to furries, and it just generally has more going on.

I wouldn't want to play either game, but if I was forced to play one, it sure as fuck wouldn't be VRChat.

>ignores everything else about immersion
>but muh graphics meme

>pavlov
shit game with shit dev that hates its fans.
Entire game is only popular because of community marketplace and most of the best maps are more social than violent.

It's because the gunplay an interaction is absolute garbage.

The joke is there's a VR game made by the Second Life devs but no one but furries probably knows about it.
Perhaps that's why they aren't in VRchat

Nice LARP, OP.
Can't wait to see this thread spammed 4+ times per day.

>it will be ages before Nintendo is even capable of knocking-off PSVR
Other way around friendo

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1200x675, 147K)