Buy switch shortly after Mario Odyssey comes out

>buy switch shortly after Mario Odyssey comes out
>play that and enjoy it
>mario kart is nice, but ultimately a port
>super mario party is soulless as fuck
>smash is nice, but I shower regularly so spending 100’s of hours in it isn’t really my speed
>no need for mario maker 2
>luigis mansion 3 looks decent enough
>like pokemon, LGPE are memes, sword and sheild look like the objectively worst main games ever
>have zero interest in fire emblem, zelda, splatoon, indie-shit or last gen ports
>haven’t touched it months
Shoulda thought this through better

Attached: 30C38795-E390-42F4-AA55-23871A91917C.jpg (500x500, 24K)

Let's go eevee/Pikachu is the best pokemon game in like 15 years, if you actually like pokemon get it.

Mario Maker is amazing skipping out on it means you don't like 2D Mario.

BotW is one of the greatest games ever made and you're doing yourself a disservice owning a switch and not playing it.

Smash is nice but won't spend 100 hours.

I grew up playing smash since Nintendo 64. I don't even practice and I can whip ur ass op

Botw is lame. Get skyrim

I'm playing my switch for the first time in 7 months for Three Houses after Smash ended up being trash. I really like it, but holy fuck is the Switch a trash console.

I unironically and regrettably did

Todd, please.

Skyrim is not only incredibly worse than BotW it's the worst Scrolls game

Super Mario Maker is pretty fun. If you like Mario, I would recommend giving it a try. Maybe watch a Youtuber you like play it.

As far as the other games you mentioned go, literally the whole reason to own a Switch is for the god-tier first party games. Fire Emblem and Zelda are great, but if they're not "for" you, then nigga why did you buy the system?

Attached: 15590520934042.png (554x557, 214K)

Yes, I agree

Some decent 3rd party games are crash bandicoot and DOOM (they're patching out the mandatory login). Zelda BOTW is a really good game. I've never played a zelda game before it and I still got it.I don't know if you meant you weren't in to BOTW or Zelda as a series .

Let's Go... Bitch, please. The only good things about it were the removal of HMs and on-map encounters and following/rideable Pokémon and the orchestrated music. Everything else was garbage like the forced retarded motion controls and no wild battles and the game being easy as fuck even if you forced yourself not to catch Pokémon beyond the ones you want and not use your starter.

I bought it for the eventual Pikmin 4
I don't wanna pay for online just to play single player mario

>getting Skyrim without being able to mod it
That's a no from me. The literally only good thing about Skyrim is the mod support. It's the only TES game I can never play vanilla.

>Zero interest in any of the first party
>Buys it anyway
You're a retard.

>buying consoles for games that aren't even announced
full retard
only buy consoles that already have games you want, don't get tricked

The Online is kind of interesting, because if you look at it from a certain perspective, you can actually get it for >free

You remember the Game Vouchers that you can buy and redeem for games, but only if you have an online subscription? If you pick up an online subscription, and then two of those game vouchers, your total would come up to $120, which is the exact same as two big ticket games. So the way I justify it is through that. If you're buying more than two games from Nintendo in a year, your online subscription will pay for itself through the vouchers. So you could do Mario and then if there is any other game that's out, or maybe coming out soon, it could be worth doing that

There's no forced motion in handheld which is the superior way to play switch you faggot.

>Buys a Switch despite clearly having little to no interest in Nintendo games
>even admits that he's a retard

Good thread, faggot.

Don't like Nintendo huh?
Well why don't you FUCK RIGHT OFF

>Let's go eevee/Pikachu is the best pokemon game in like 15 years, if you actually like pokemon get it.
HGSS/BW2 says hi

Attached: __kijin_seija_kishin_sagume_and_ringo_touhou_drawn_by_jeno__a8428dc997049db63befa5c0daf4882d.jpg (653x438, 112K)

Works on my machine :)

Attached: D-PkA9JVAAAtkSR.jpg (1280x720, 259K)

>buying a console for one game
Why do people still do this? You're supposed to wait for at least 3-4 must haves and a half-dozen potentially good buys.

>Mario
>Mario
>Mario
>crossover ft. Mario
>Mario
>Mario
>Pokémon
>I don't like other game

Why do these people exist?

>no need for mario maker 2
And why is that?

if it makes you feel any better, the only games I've bought on switch are either indies or ps2 era ports like RE4 and DMC
Pretty good idea if you don't own a PC and are willing to wait for games to be on sale or hack it.
PC+PS4 is still best combo imo, especially cus steam sales kick everyone else's ass. Still nice to have hyper light drifter as a portable

Then sell it you fuck

How different can it be from the first?

It's not exclusive to the WiiU so that's a pretty big one :)

>buys a system before the library is good enough to justify the purchase for him
every single time
at least you admitted it was your own fault instead of crying that it's nintendo's fault

Trust me I learned my lesson

nah

ultimate alliance 3 is solid

And yet splatoon 2 is the best arena shooter since Q3A

sasuga, retard.

Attached: 1558732212595.png (586x634, 276K)

Thanks op I almost just bought a used one of these for $250 can and your thread has made me revaluate my decision

It's not like I'm actually going to buy nintendo games anymore

>minecraft next to minecraft
What

Can you preorder shit with that? Luigis + pokemon for $20 off is as good as those are gonna be for years.
Though I am a physical-fag so it sorta hurts.

pretty sure one is before the better together bedrock update and the other is bedrock edition

yes, you can preorder. I recently preordered Fire Emblem with a voucher so that I could predownload it.

I gotta confess, I was a physical only guy for a long time, and my Switch is the first time that my library has been mostly digital, and I have no regrets.

Except for the fact today is the last day to buy vouchers. Though if you got amazon prime, theyre giving out a year of free online through twitch.

Attached: Jamesbourne.png (536x476, 96K)

oh wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to pick up 2 more while I still have the time. They do make for some pretty nice savings.

>Zero interest in first party
>Zero interest in Mario fucking Maker 2
Good lord

Op is a fag, but not cancer.

I honestly dont get you guys, are you so poor that you can't afford to just let a console sit for months until it has games? Whats thew rush, why do you need games evcery two weeks? Just enjoy when something good comes out, then go back to some other form of entertainment to fill the time.
You don't only own a switch and nothing else right? You at least have a PC and a phone right? or yknow, any other hobbies that DONT involve videogames?

Attached: Png.png (420x420, 148K)

this, but unironically.

I play League of Legends to waste time, but I'll drop it for any new games on Steam or Switch that I'm excited about.

Honestly I have the opposite problem
I’m buying op many games when I only play like 4

I have 20 games in my back log yet all I play is MHGU, Splatoon 2 and Dragon quest builders 1 & 2 with an honorable mention of BOTW being the only game not above to have more than 100 hours

Everything else doesn’t have 50 hours

>it's a trash console

Wanna know why? Because the Switch, is basically just a Wii U from 2012, and the Wii U was basically just an Xbox 360 from 2005. So congratulations Switch owners you bought a slightly different 360 with the technology of 2005.

Attached: 156325625636.gif (400x358, 754K)

Why is charging this shit with anything but the switch charger so ass?

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze?

Attached: 1563838372443.png (2427x1472, 3.37M)

One says Nintendo Switch Edition. Might have some nintendo shit the normal one doesn't. Like Skyrim does. Least through amiibo it does.

>buying a switch
>ever
>Not hacking a WIIU and getting the entire nes, SNES, N64, gc, Wii, WIIU and as pic related explains switch library
Why do people make bad decisions with their money

Attached: 8fs85b3ig1w01.jpg (717x960, 172K)

I don't think people care, everyone knows nintendo is usually behind in terms of hardware, also no, 360 could barely handle Dark Souls and Skyrim.

Literally me. Except I got zelda, disgaea 1 and xeno also. Haven't even touched the later 2 since the stick crapped out after a year.
>but just play disgaea with d-pad
Stick is so fucked and drifty that I can't even get it centered and stable.
On the upside I have a little practice fixing DS consoles and replacing a thumbstick seems easier that what I did before. And Daemon x Machina looks good af.
How many good games do you predict we'll get before the switch is finished?

Today is? I thought we could still get them tomorrow since that's the last day of July

But you can hack a switch and also run all of the shield games?

Wii U just had bad startup. Switch opened with a few big name games. BotW should be a Wii U only game though. It would run better on the Wii U and we'd be getting BotW 2 on Switch all the same anyway. I got BotW on Wii U cause fuck buying a Switch for (what should be considered) a Wii U game.

Yeah this is literally just an issue for poor neets who pick one console and expect to be satisfied.

I have a PC, PS4, Switch, 3DS, etc. I built a music studio in my basement so I pretty much sit down there watch movies/shows, play switch, work on songs, or read comics. Then I go to work like a normal person and also play hockey as my adult rec league sport.

You guys just need lives.

You sound live an overcompensating incel.

>got a switch for LGPE, not knowing how shit it was
>got dark souls as well
How do I justify this purchase? How's the modding/homebrew capabilities?

Get it on PC like all people who want to mod it do, is how I will answer that.

But I don't hate women. I hate weebs.

OP here. Pc, ps4 and switch. Rich-fag.
Doesn’t mean I can’t regret a poor purchase

That makes no sense since having one console isn't a weeb thing.

A poor purchase caused not by the system being poor but you being stupid.

I never said it was.

It’s way different lmao

nah, I meant switch modding.

>the 360 could barely handle Dark Souls
>implying it's a 1080p 60fps dream experience on Switch

uh... user? I've got some really bad news for you...

Yeah but the switch has like 10 good games for it.

BotW, MM2, Splat2, DKTF, FFX, LGE/P, Ult All3, MK8, Crash Trilogy, Z: LA, yoshi:WW, octo, astral chain, mk11, etc.

Just because you don't enjoy playing games on the go or enjoy the amazing first party titles doesn't make the system bad, it makes you retarded.

I may have clicked on the wrong user. Sorry.

Get Dragon Quest Builders 2 m8. Don't listen to the muh frame rates people on here, it sucks but it doesn't really affect my experience.

>buy ps4 shortly after Bloodborne comes out
>play that and enjoy it
>persona 5 is nice, but ultimately a port
>Horizon Zero Dawn is soulless as fuck
>no need for Detroit become human
>trails of cold steel 3 looks decent though
>like God of war, but the 2018 game looks like objectively the worst game main game ever
>have zero interest in spider man, days gone, death stranding, tlou2, indie shit, or multiplats I could play better on pc
>havent touched it in months
Shoulda thought this through better

Attached: BurgerKingIsOnLifeSupportAndNeedsToDieAlready.png (831x713, 138K)

>comparing a lineup of four years to a lineup of one year
>comparing Mario maker to kingdom battle
>comparing a mainline Kirby to a spin-off
>comparing 3d world to Odyssey
>not acknowledging the fact that the portability instantly makes it more desirable
This is bullshit and you know it

You just described me to a t.

It's not, but it runs better than fucking Skyrim freezing up half the time on the 360. And Dark Souls was a framerate disaster on 360. May not be 60fps on switch but i'm sure it runs a tolerable framerate more consistently. I never said anything about 60fps in the first place.

I feel the same way except all I care for is FF7RE and Spider-Man.

I'd say give Spider-Man a shot. It's fun. Also GoW 4 had some shit to live up to, mainly 2 and 3. I'd say it goes 2, 3, 4, 1 and 2 and 3 are pretty close. Nearly equal in my opinion.

same, is just a wii u 2.0

>bought switch
>suddenly realize trophies/achievements and multiplayer were always a waste of time
>enjoy the fuck out of gaming once again when i thought i was outgrowing it
>never went near ps4 pro again

The vouchers are a fantastic deal if you were planning on buying two games from the list. I saw that Astral Chain and Super Mario Maker 2 were included so I took the deal. Not only that but I paid for the vouchers with eshop codes from a resell site that was having a deal, so the $100 only cost me $80.

So $40 each for two Nintendo games on release day is a steal. Plus I’ve got the free year of online from the Prime promotion.

There’s something be said about extending a game’s replayability through achievements but it’s pretty much just cancer. I don’t even bother with achievements anywhere (and have notifications turned off on Steam and PS4) but am thankful Nintendo hasn’t adopted them. Games should be enjoyed purely on the internal experience they provide

Play Gravity Rush 1 and 2

Suck my cock Todd, I already bought doom despite having it on pc

>LGPE Best Pokemon
>BOTW One of the greatest games

I see Yea Forums's taste is as shit as usual

MP can be fine as just a side activity but yeah trophies can fuck right off

That's why you should've waited for the lite.

Attached: f14033239826.jpg (640x711, 188K)

I think saying the Lite is "pocketable" might be a tad generous.

dude theres literally all the indie games you could want on it. go nuts

Casual as fuck

Mario Maker 2 is an absolute must. Making hard as shit levels and creating puzzles then challenging your friends to beat them or watching streamer's piss boil with rage has brought me countless hours of entertainment already.

Good list, but I really feel arms is at least mid tier. Its not bad, it's actually pretty fun with friends.

>wait for the lite

Why? For an even worse and not as versatile experience as current Switch? The real galaxy brain decision is to wait until they release an updated, beefier Switch "Pro" model. You know Nintendo and their handhelds, it's a no-brainer this will happen. Maybe twice.

Attached: literallyme.jpg (680x680, 69K)

Reminder than after 2 years the PS4 had Bloodborne and Drive Club

That's it.

Nintendo only makes garbage at this point

>Switch "Pro"
Ah yes, I remember when Nintendo released the Gamecube Pro, and the Wii Pro, and the WiiU Pro. They're definitely going to do it this time too!

well it also had yakuza, but that's on PC now
it still has Gravity Rush, WipeOut Omega and Persona, though