Next gen releases in 2020

>Next gen releases in 2020
>e3 will have a ton of new IPs and sequels
How hype are you?

Attached: 9a7bcbff-new-tsa-cover-image-1200x858-81.jpg (1200x858, 31K)

>new ip's

lol no, expect sequels & remakes galore

>microsoft bought a ton of studios for xbox 720 launch
At least we will see new shit from microsoft

>New IPs
>More generic third person shooters but with more generic diversity
You can't legally call these new IPs any more

>How hype are you?
Uhh, let's see..
>prices about to double
>movie game exclusives hit peak
>eye blisteringly soulless graphics
>more remakes
What is the need in swapping? My Xbox X can run most of my favourite classics, and I'm not really interested in any new games. Most will be on current gen regardless.

They will all be cancelled before launch

>SMTV
>Bayo 3
>Prime 4
>BotW2
>NMH3

Nintendo will unironically steal the show with their future lineup

Attached: GodILoveHerAndHerFeetSoMuch.jpg (1885x1928, 347K)

Not at all, games take so fucking long to make now that Naughty Dog can barely squeeze out two for the PS4 despite making 4 games for the PS1-3. Next gen will be even worse.

Disappointed honestly, yes the good is that both Sony and MS will have working Ray Tracing, which will finally make it mainstream and they will be very powerful, but beside GRAFICS1011! We still haven't been told of anything new they can make that really pushes the envelope.

I still haven't seen a mainstream console AAA game with:
more destruction and better destruction that Red Faction Armageddon.
systems as complex as Dwarf Fortress
actual hundreds of smart AI.
I dunno, what has been done in this gen that could not be done on the previous, except for Graphics? Maybe just "dreams".

*E3 will have a couple remasters, a few vaporware titles to push console sales, maybe 1 good exclusive, and nothing else

All the good studios have been radio silence since the past couple years. They are all working in new shit for next gen. eg atlus, platinum.

>new $500 consoles to get a little bit better hardware and then hold back PCs for another 8 years

are they rehashing their previous e3 again ?

Very, since ffviir2 should be an early release for next gen

fpbp
the AAA gaming industry is dead

>new IPs

lmao

>Sony
>new IP
?

God I prey ps5 is backwards compatible . I want to play bloodborn and I don’t want to have to buy a ps4 for it

Rocksteady's blantly making a live service shit pile despite being quiet since 2014. Wouldn't that be funny if it tanked because live service fags are all settled into their game of choice.

Attached: firefox_TYKVh81YUj.png (934x290, 32K)

Nintendo would need either room temperature super conductors or new batteries for a future switch model that sort of compete with the current gen.

I know Nintendo is not about the graphics but if they want to keep the third party happy they need to be close enough that ports don't require too many sacrifices.
I guess by looking at the previous Console we could expect an announcement in 2021, I wonder what could they do to interest the consumers of the new consoles.

8th gen was kino

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

Next gen already started in 2017 with the Switch. microshit and sony are just one gen behind.
Sales so far
>Switch: 37 million
>Xbox Scarlett: 0
>PS5: 0
the other just cant compete lol

That says nothing about new IPs

Fuck off sonyfag.

user the fact that both consoles will natively support Ray Tracing means we can expect it to find it everywhere from now on, heck, maybe development could get faster or cheaper for console exclusives because they only need to develope with that mind.

but the ps4 has no games!

Attached: daddyofive-6.jpg (300x300, 18K)

>ps4
>kino
checks out

They said so already.
Shame they don't care to support outside of PS now their older titles, at least MS still does.

retard?

kill urself

How'd they dominate the entire gen so effortlessly?

Attached: 1557835481129.png (478x661, 62K)

outdated, they already passed 100 million.

that's the tallest pile of garbage i've ever seen

Publicly humiliating Microsoft at E3 2013

that was the most legendary press conference of all time

>maybe development could get faster or cheaper for console exclusives because they only need to develope with that mind.
HA.
Its only going to get more expensive and slower.

No it's just going to become AI creating landscapes and generating structures and then calculating the lighting, and people will just come in and build the story after. At a certain point it will definitely speed up but it won't be until next gen at least

Large 3rd parties rarely care for the hardware specs, if there's a large enough install base and they will find a way to get the game on it.

Smaller devs on the other hand would be the ones who benefit from faster hardware as they often don't have the resources to optimize their games for slower systems

Hype as fuck I'll finally be able to afford a second hand ps4.

>it's just going to become AI creating landscapes and generating structures
Wow, you really think that'll happen don't you.

>tfw third worlder
I'll be able to afford a 3ds and ps3!

Attached: 1558984146842.png (840x854, 412K)

Tools get better, more stuff has become realtime, like with the UE4 is basically what you see is what you get, modify and add on the fly and yet costs just keep going up and up.

>net profits
They own FGO, right? How much does that have to do with it?

Its mainly art costs. They have to draw a ton of shit for modern games from scratch.

This. What could Sony even have? Sequels to mediocre trash like HZD and GoW? That's it.

But what about the fact that so many studios use photo grammery now, aka the texture and model are photos.
Or how much motion-capture has changed, when it started it was "bunch of lights move vaguely descripting a movement which is then used as a reference for the actual animation but the PC has a little amount of memory so they can't use all the frames".
Now look at to name an Indie production Hell blade setsuna there is a behind the scene with the actress moving and emoting and her model responding in real time.

APE ESCAPE 4 WHEN?

Can't wait to finally play remaster at native 4K at almost 30fps

Attached: 1564486334847.gif (266x349, 1.61M)

Sure, here is a screenshot.

Attached: FaceOfCaesar.png (2560x1206, 3.72M)

user, consoles are not using 2080 ti's

Platinum has Babylon's fall & Atlus has SMTV & Persona 5 remaster

Judging by the first 3 years of last gen, it should suck donkey balls. Maybe 343 can finally make a worthwhile Halo but I'm not holding my breath.

I thought you had to release hundreds of games worth playing on the first console before releasing a sequel. The PS4 only has like 4.

why release games when they can just release consoles and sell 100 million

You don't just scan shit it and put it in the game, artists need to touch up and modify the scanned in models. It also costs money to do it in the first place, you can't just dig through a trash can to find things to scan in.

I can't wait till AAA dies, and everyone crosses over to indie games on PC

I don't know what they are using but they are using AMD's first series of Ray tracing GPUs.

Is a crime to show a teaser after a teaser, especially one with that goes with the announcement of a console that is supposed to come next year, inb4 we read how at MS they had to crunch like crazy to get it done.

You forgot about the Remastered, Remasters thats the exact same game, but with ray tracing.

All those games suck ass tho. The only decent ones are GTA, Nier, and Uncharted, and even those aren't amazing

yes/no: buying 6c right now is pants on head retarded?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

>Sony's bold new plan
>Even less games!

cpu is not that important for games. just get something that won't bottleneck the gpu.

>tfw not hype at all for any consoles but the new possibly great controllers

Attached: 1544429191033.png (898x790, 279K)

I hope it comes with a vr. I hope the industry transitions into vr. I hope the hardware will be able to push us into innovation and new experiences that make gaming special and fun.

But I know it'll just be more generic garbage fps shooters, soul less dlc out the ass, and shameless cash grab remasters that barely run at 30fps.

Why? It's fairly obvious that the new controllers are going to be more or less the same as this past gen. Sony and Microsoft really seem to have found their comfort zones. If the PS5 decides to switch to an asymmetrical layout I'm much more likely to buy it

E3 died this year user

Attached: 1555321580687.jpg (920x483, 56K)

>no games to show
>dont even bother going so they cant embarrass themselves even more
Uh, b-based?

I remember old E3 when PS4 got announced. Bought it with hype for FF7remake... Fuckin whole gen lifespan still nothing...

Bl-bl-bloodborne

>People buy consoles for games before they're out.

WHY? FF versus 13 should have been the final nail in that. Always wait for release, I mean fuck I was going to buy a switch for Pokemon until E3.

I'm excited for what projects MS has in the works, I really hope all that studio buying was for nothing. If Epic continues their exclusivity bullshit, I might get a Scarlett or whatever they end up calling it. I'm hoping Nintendo's also got more plans for 2020 and maybe a more powerful and dedicated home console Switch to contrast the Switch Lite.

When was the last time E3 had anything new?

i like everything about the ds4 except the feel of the face buttons. something i could see them try to improve

Cope.

Attached: 3A6D2605-89D9-4995-A5A9-18B3DFF91075.jpg (750x900, 271K)

There's still no need to hurry for the PS5, most indie shit could probably run on a PS3 and good looking AAA games take 3-4+ years to develop.

The only advantages to look forward to are ray tracing, 4k and 60 fps. Together those all sound great but most titles will have to choose 1. No detailed console game with ray tracing at 4k is going to hit 60fps in the next decade - maybe a cartoony looking game will.

The design tools and game engine innovations just aren't keeping up with the hardware. Incompetent devs.

I don't like souls game so pass. I had "fun" with Destiny, Digimons and MomHun. Soon you will enjoy Digimons too so smile

>new ips
i think you are confusing sequels and HD remakes with something else kiddo

Attached: 1496337750491.png (600x600, 71K)

Not at all hyped. This gen already felt empty and slow to me, next gen will only get worse.

>Dreams
>Concrete Genie
>Horizon Zero Dawn
>Astrobot
>Ghost of Tsushima
>The Order 1886
>Bloodborne
>Until Dawn
>Deracine
>Drawn to Death
>Drive Club

Same for Xbox? And fucking Nintendo?

Shit, also PC too!

No one is original anymore, faggot.

why would there be new IPs
you mean like Knack

I just wanna see what Rocksteady is working on for the past 5 damn years.

Maybe Microsoft and Nintendo have something worthwhile for 2020. Or something good for PC that isn't pixel indieshit. I don't care for snoy.

Attached: 1429956626154.gif (300x186, 446K)

>this game you're randomly interested in just because it's on a nintendo console but otherwise wouldn't give a fuck about
>this game you're randomly interested in just because it's on a nintendo console but otherwise wouldn't give a fuck about
>fair enough
>fair enough

I don't get Nintendo fanboys, they are missing so many AA jap gems (on all cases I pointed out even from the same developers) on Playstation, and to a much lesser extent PC, that they would otherwise fall in love in. Why miss out on games for no reason other than brand shilling?

>>e3 will have a ton of new IPs and sequels
You were at E3 for console reveals last gen right?