Trying to git gud at T7 is suffering

trying to git gud at T7 is suffering
when it comes to frame data you literally have to learn the optimal reaction to every move of every character in the game which basically means spending hundreds of hours in practice mode and working out the math

this is an absurd skill ceiling and the devs are shit for not even introducing the player to basic mechanics

Attached: Asuka_Kazama_(T7).png (212x470, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7IkRj5R1Wew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And this is why fighting games are shit and going extinct.

just learn a 10f, 12f, 15f and a rising punish
do the 12f on blocked launchers, 15f on whiffed launchers, rising punish on whiffed highs and that's it. Of course you won't be able to punish everything the optimal way all the time, only a robot could do that

just play a Mishima/Kazumi for the 10f 1,1,2 knockdowns, and win off of the ez oki
hard game

why does every retard who doesn't play fighting games say this. fighting games are at their peak since the arcade and home SF2 days

>trying to git gud at T7 is suffering
Not when you're posting an Asuka image

Just use Paul Phoenix and spam death first and his other moves, i know one who did so since Tekken 1

Name 3 popular fighting game franchises that the cashier at your local grocery store has heard of.

nigger zoomer
getting into tekken 7 was an epiphany for me.

fighting games are the only true videogames left, matter of fact tekken core gameplay has not changes for 20 years(yea ok with the exeption of bar characters)

why the fuck would you care what the cashier at a grocery store thinks? is that really how you form your opinions? based on how much some cuckold wagie nobody knows about it? you must love the marvel movies then

Everytime

Attached: EAY5Y14U8AAMOus.jpg (500x624, 63K)

That won't get you too far. Eventually, people like that bump into the wall called "spacing and movement."

Attached: __fukuda_noriko_and_paul_phoenix_idolmaster_idolmaster_million_live_and_tekken_drawn_by_sat__0b3da13 (800x1300, 560K)

I don't play Paul but I think they'd sooner hit the wall called "people who know how to punish deathfist"

Got far enough

Attached: download (1).jpg (1024x576, 111K)

Well, I took that into account, and some people know basic movement before before knowing how to punish death fist, in my experience at least. Since, I also play paul on the side.

Fucking perfect.

Attached: clapping unshaven feminists.gif (386x217, 76K)

In season 2?

Maybe it's just me, but the first thing I do when matched against a Paul while playing a new character is look up their deathfist punish. This video has most of them youtu.be/7IkRj5R1Wew

yeah, season 1 peek was vanquisher. season 2 is seiryu currently. I just wanted to hit red ranks thats it.

Attached: FB_IMG_1559666658286.jpg (774x1500, 195K)

>try to side step
>jump
Every fucking time.

The most annoying things about trying to learn T7 by far is no replay and no matchmaking while you are in training mode. They are such basic features almost every fighting game has, you don't notice they are not there until it is gone.
There's nothing more frustrating than getting prolapsed by one cheesy attack online, and then if you want it to stop you have to exit online, open training mode, select your character and then try to remember what the attack looks like as you try to find it in their entire 100 moves list to record it.

tekken is fucking garbage, play literally any other fighting game

>I want to get good at something but don't want to put the effort in.

then fuck off and find something you genuinely want to pursue, are passionate about and want to get better at. quit lying to yourself and quit being a nigger and making these pointless self-serving threads where you just want attention and validation.

Attached: 82FA20D7-BC0B-4CB3-9983-7919ACF86718.jpg (680x548, 82K)

tekken is literally the only good fighting game of this generation
partially because every other one sucked massively

T7 is a barebones 2 year late arcade port that lacks basic features present in any other game in exchange for a shitty storymode no one cared.

>"I don't know frames." - JDCR
Framedata is a spook. It's genuinely not nearly as important as you think it is. Top players often don't even punish shit optimally. You can also generalize a lot of stuff or figure it out just by playing aside from some tricky characters like Raven or Hwoarang. There are also a lot of moves that have followups, pushback, or force crouch that makes the situation a lot less advantageous than framedata would suggest. Kazumi's wr2 is a really good example of a move that leaves you in an awkward position on block despite having frame advantage.

Attached: 1559955463833.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

>T7 is a barebones 2 year late arcade port
wtf are you on?
they just recently updated the arcade version to include the content that was missing
>basic features present in any other game
i agree tutorial would be handy
>shitty storymode no one cared.
it's always been there and even other fighting games have one and it sucks there too
>mk, dbfz..

>I just wanted to hit red ranks thats it.
I got bad news for you, you still haven't hit S1 red ranks. Fujin is unironically the new Genbu in S2 according to the last analysis someone did.

Top kek

>they just recently updated the arcade version to include the content that was missing
Really, they increased the number of matches to 10?. I'm not expecting rival cutscenes nor cinematic char. endings though.

I would love to mating press this girl.

>some 50 year old childless hag doesn't know street fighter by name
stop the fucking presses

Sorry but she belongs to Lili
She bought her

>wtf are you on?
T7 came out march 2015 in arcades. The console version only came out in "early" 2017.
>i agree tutorial would be handy
It's not only a tutorial, it doesn't have other basic fighting game features like replays. Some of these features were present in earlier tekken games yet are absent in 7. The customizations are more basic than previous entries too if you care for that.
>it's always been there and even other fighting games have one and it sucks there too
Yeah, MK started this fighting game storymode cancer but it doesn't excuse it.

Just checked, you're lying the arcade is the same as release.

>yuri
I will save her from this terrible fate.

I always find it amusing how Tekken filters Yea Forums casuals so much.

Attached: 1556882738952.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

He is talking about the version released in arcades not arcade mode

Which is weird, because I recommend Tekken 7 to casuals all the time. It's easy enough to just button mash, and if you want to get good, you can start looking into it

don't worry OP, it's not "every move of every character" because 90% of the moves are totally useless are only used in a combo, so tekken players come up with "top 15 best move" lists to spoonfeed people what they should actually be using over and over while the rest of the moves are saved for hail mary "bet you didn't expect me to do this lol" plays to random people out of their last 5% health

embarassing game

nu-tekken is so fucking ugly. customization turns every fucking game into 2 generic guys you see at your local MMA dojo who tripped into a closet of cosplay after being dumped in glue punching eachother and suffering from boneitis

>when it comes to frame data you literally have to learn the optimal reaction to every move of every character

No you don't. If you just know the frames of your main inside and out, you're already better than 90% of people who ever touched the game. You just have to know your main punishers. Don't know how minus something is? Do your fastest block punisher. Match-up experience comes with time, if you get really destroyed by something you should lab it but you can get really far by just knowing your character really well and not letting big, obvious minus on block moves go unpunished.

If you can't even do what I mentioned above than you're just a lazy faggot.

Even 15 moves are more than any Street fighter character has.

>6 standing normals
>6 crouching normals
>6 jumping normals
thinking emoji

6 buttons with standing/crouching/jumping variations is 18 moves, did all that KBD make you a smoothbrain?. I didn't even mention any other game. it just lives in your head rent free

>getting caressed and cared for by an ojou-sama
>terrible fate
fag

you can't discourage low level players from doing unga deathfists over and over if you don't know combos because the base damage of moves in tekken 7 is super low vs combo damage