Are Danganronpa games worth getting into despite the horrible fanbase?

Are Danganronpa games worth getting into despite the horrible fanbase?

Attached: thumb-1920-713082[1].png (1676x1080, 2.58M)

yes

There's no such thing as a good fanbase so yes.

>Muh fanbase
Imagine giving a fuck lmao.

The games are legit, but the fans are pretty Undertale levels of rabid.

Attached: mikan_07.jpg (900x900, 242K)

>caring about the fanbase for a single player game

Attached: 1508212068249.gif (422x443, 85K)

Yeah, there's nothing else quite like them and Masafumi Takada's work on the music is excellent like pretty much everything else he's been in.

the only good danganronpa game is V3

I love the games and never interact with the fanbase. It doesn't matter

Here comes the fanbase. Abandon thread!

The games can be a bit tasteless at times, but still good fun.

Attached: 3A27BF9DC80E8B9853FBEB8E68310D39FB049FC0[1].jpg (1920x1080, 371K)

I wouldn't call autists that jack off a game because pretending to like it makes them feel smart the fanbase.

I highly recommend that you play through Ace Attorney and Zero Escape first, or at least one of each.

>what's feedback, precious

The first game doesn't really hold up, just play 2 and V3. Maaaybe watch the final trial of 1 on YT before you do.

No, they're terrible and the fans make it worse.
Never ask something that stupid ever again.

I think the first one is the one that holds up the best. The sequels I feel go a little too far in trying to one-up the crazy factor of the previous installments.

get them when they go on sale, and get the pack with all 3 games.

They're enjoyable but definitely not perfect. The music and style are pretty much the best things about them, and everything beyond that gets pretty contentious. If you're a patient sort I think the first gets pretty good, and then your mileage may vary from that point on.

The fanbase is kind of unavoidable, though, especially if you want to offer feedback or just vent about the experience. I'm in a clear minority on what I found good/bad with the characters and plots and I haven't really been able to talk at all about the games since beating them last year. People are pretty sensitive about these stories and characters for whatever reason.

>watch a game's ending on YT instead of playing
Zoomers deserve the rope.

>all 3 games
>3

Attached: 06CDDC7C6853585B64136095D5B1BAC07617EC36[1].jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

Yeah you basically can't shit on somebody's waifu, so.... no criticism allowed.

>clean hair toko

Hey, here is a smart thing to do.
Just watch a full let's play.
That is how I got through the whole series.
You will save a lot of money.

Attached: IMG_0696.png (582x582, 533K)

Attached: dsxfgsdfsfg.jpg (3840x2160, 569K)

I'm pretty sure there's plenty of indefensible girls in the series. Sayaka, Mukuro, Hiyoko, Ibuki, Maki, Tsumugi. And even the defensible ones are really ever only defended with "well she's cute so it's okay".

Attached: Aikido Girl Chaikabashira.png (869x651, 638K)

>Plenty of indefensible girls in the series
>Maki
>Ibuki

Attached: fsdfsfsfsf.jpg (3840x2160, 432K)

>Maki
kys

Attached: maki_01.jpg (1020x1258, 452K)

DR1, DR2, and the one you posted makes three, yes?

What? The first game is arguably the most solid game in the series. And why would you tell somebody to skip the core of the franchise?

V3 is really good, fuck you

Attached: cuck.jpg (1920x1200, 400K)

The first game had kinda shit characters except for the villain who only appears in the final trial.

>no defense
See?

Attached: Kokichi_Oma's_showing_his_true_nature_in_the_fourth_trial.png (960x544, 551K)

From what I've seen the fanbase is mostly composed of weeb girls who make cosplay tick rocks I've seen much worse fanbases.

No.
Shit writing, shit characters, shit gameplay (or rather lack thereof).
You know how retards often gravitate towards absolute garbage?

Attached: 1b5.png (668x681, 364K)

Or so says the retard who watches isekai trash. Neck yourself.

MUH HOPE
MUH FUTURE
MUH FICTION
MUH HOPE
MUH MUTUAL TRUST

Yes. Skip V3 though.

why the fuck do you even care when it's a single player game

absolutely. just set your expectations correctly. skip the anime and don't read anything else online until you finish the games.

I think the people who hate DR most are the ones playing for an overarching narrative or something. the games are fundamentally goofy and don't give a fuck.

Attached: 1555792255211.jpg (960x1262, 756K)

Absolutely not. You're way past the tumblr trend of it and the overall gameplay just looks crappy. If youre only interested in the story, you can either watch 36 hours of it on youtube (and thats just the story pieces) or read it through a mirror.
Chances are, if you weren't interested in phoenix wright games, this isn't for you.
I'd give it maybe a solid 3.5/10
The twists weren't anything special either.

I keep seeing threads about this franchise, so I decided to check it out. Apparently it's just a bunch of visual novels. You don't actually play that chick shit, do you Yea Forums?

SEESAW

Still seething over the absolutely based ending

Attached: saihara.png (350x350, 66K)

If you let a fanbase effect your opinion of a game you are a fucking idiot.

Play V3 purely for this guy

Attached: latest-5.png (962x982, 918K)

There's one DR game with gameplay though, it's a third-person shooter called Ultra Despair Girls.

But otherwise, yeah, they're visual novels with some investigation/trial stuff kinda like Ace Attorney. They also have social links like in Persona.

Anyone else playing Your Turn to Die?
Sou is a fucking asshole.

you got that backwards, buddy

>Are Danganronpa games worth getting into despite the horrible fanbase?
If people can like undertale despite its fanbase then yes.

stay mad

First game is worth a play
Second game has been a mixed bag so far but it's been fun
Third game is worth a watch.

Stupid motive

Don't listen to
The only good thing he does is killing two shitty characters in the most stupid way.

Attached: Diavolo_1.png (1032x735, 1.04M)

Play DR1. Ignore the rest.
You'll be a happy person.

Just finished Chapter 2 and I honestly just feel sorry for the guy? I mean, he just seems so scared and I wanna protect him. This isn't even a fujo urge or anything. I feel like the other person you could choose was stronger.

How could anyone say this? Danganronpa 1 is so forgettable and the cast is just whatever.

You don't seem very happy.

There is a reason for that. Go leave this thread before I spoiler you. Also Keiji is a lying cunt but based af.

the trials and figuring out who did it is fun

Someone got filtered.

Attached: 1507432546881.png (420x585, 262K)

>Send sacrifice to Sara
>All around asshole
>Only slightly nice to one girl (which won'r even look at his direction if she's not in nervoud breakdown) just because he meet them once in the past.

>figuring out
yeah right

Attached: bullshit.jpg (1920x1080, 307K)

First one is the best one. 2 is amazing as well. V3 is pure trash though, skip that one.

I mean, in hindsight, I probably chose wrong at the end there. It seemed like the logical choice, but I might have not taken his feelings into account, so I might be fucked lol

Yes. Also "horrible fanbase" is a stupid reason to ever avoid a game.

No, the ending is shit but the entire game is bloated and boring. It's the worst DR game in every regard.

Don't tell me you vote for Kanna you horrible monster.

Play the games and never post on threads. Simple.

Your entire post is incorrect

Nigger, I figured that shit out the second I saw the room setup. You'd have to be a literal inbred not to.

Attached: 1472151032556.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Attached: meme__begone_pesant_by_forestbugda_db7zn4b-pre.jpg (894x894, 48K)

>Not liking Angie
Yikes

Yeah, I'm at main game chapter 2. It's not bad. I've been wanting another game like this and it scratches the itch.

I have a few criticisms playing it though. There's nothing wrong being inspired by other games, even emulating them closely, but parts of the writing feel straight up derivative. The variety of challenges and discussion formats is cool but imo it's diminishing returns in a genre that's primarily narrative. Writing wise I appreciate how something is always happening and the plot moves at a good clip. I hope the writing holds up with more chapters.

I won't be satisfied until his head is on a pike.

>is useless
>wanted to die
>can't hack
Keiji was right

That's escapism

You should probably get out of here if you havent finished both chapters because some others and I are just talking about upcoming spoilers without tagging them. Maybe someone should make a thread. (not me lol)

Escapism as in "the objectively correct choice if you wanna escape".

Do you think SC will keep this series in the grave or will they at least try to see how an entry without Kodaka would fare

She thinks killing herself is the only way.

It wouldn't just be without Kodaka unfortunately. He took the main artist and composer with him.

>Death march club
>This time it's all lolis and shotas cast
Kodaka you madman

Probably keep it in the grave. At least for main series titles. They were really hammering in the fact that V3 is "the end of Danganronpa"

How many chapters is YTTD supposed to have? Just so I know if I wait the full release before playing it

Attached: c60f7ee7b320f06823a428579ff77923c4007eder1-400-240v2_hq.jpg (400x240, 29K)

lmao the fanbase is no worse than any other fanbase. Just don't engage with them if you dislike them that much. The games are excellent.

Probably three as Sara says final death game in one of the ending.

yes, fantastic series

Attached: 1563119405453.png (1270x708, 836K)

It's kinda hilarious how Kodaka killed Spike Chunsoft's cashcow and they let him do it.

It's okay, I'd only get into it if you're in the mood for some SERIOUS cheese. Like, schlock that knows it's schlock.
That doesn't mean it sucks, but it means that you're not going to get anything deep out of it. It's exactly what it looks like, a big cheesy adventure with random non-sensical twists that are still really entertaining and interesting.

I'd say skip the first game, since it's crap, but the sequels reference it so much you kinda have to play it

I think it says "To be continued in the final chapter" in all endings.
I heard that it takes like half a year per part and the last one just came out in May so it may take like one more year. Also, there's branching paths now, so it may take way longer depending on how he does it.

What were they going to do? Sue him for quitting?

I remember before Danganronpa was translated there was some random goon from SomethingAwful translating it and doing a text Let's Play. Nobody had ever heard of the game before, and by the time it was almost over it was so popular that hordes of tumblrites were making community SA accounts just to get past the paywall.

first game is great, still the best atmosphere

This. Also has the best protag.

I read it thinking it would never ported over. Glad that they made two sequels at least.

iirc Kodaka made comments to the effect that he's done with the series but he's interested to see what someone else does with it. Spike Chunsoft is probably going to make a few attempts at starting a new franchise, fail, and then hire someone to make new DR games.

You know they are single player story focused games and you don't have to interact with the fanbase?

>Also has the best protag.
Jesus 1 fags are fucking retarded.

>game that makes fun of the shitty fanbase = the fanbase's favorite game
where's the logic in that? the shitty fanbase are the ones who just post edited sprites of characters and make kokichi memes

Try the first game. Either you'll find it funny, find the series funny, and think the story's shit, and shit on it on Yea Forums, or you'll find the whole series funny, and enjoy the story and become part of the horrible fanbase.

Yes

Attached: banter.jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

>fill a microsoft PowerPoint with Anime characters
>call it a "video" game

Attached: kkkkkkk.gif (500x459, 248K)

I remember playing the PSP version with the Super High School Level [Talent] and getting sucked in then seeing the SA LP of SDR2. Read only a little bit of it and thought it would never come over so I'm glad I didn't keep reading it.

Bought the first two games LE for the Vita too and literally only picked up and finished SDR2 last month for the first time.

Thanks. I guess I could wait a year, I may give in sooner though since it seems Danganronpa threads will now be full of YTTD spoilers
Also
>there's branching paths now
based

Attached: dchgt3l-be2e3a8d-51fa-44f9-91de-eec0278abce9.png (806x570, 419K)

You know Danganronpa has actual gameplay, right?

Attached: rebuttal showdown.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

Isn't that what anime is in general? This actually has 3D areas to explore but you don't know that apparently.

Actually, it'a super duper highschooler

You don't have to be a part of the fanbase to enjoy a single player visual novel faggot.

Attached: 1349666941699.gif (474x365, 1.07M)

>killing off the absolute madman of the game
>saving the girl whose only character traits were being scared and helping Sou
yikes

Attached: 1506985372613.png (279x316, 188K)

>Madman
More like better written Kokichi, and I hate that little prick.

>I hate a character so I would kill him off even if he has consistently been the character who spiced up the game the most
dumb moralfag

Attached: 1507670683556.png (780x1200, 874K)

I made a thread.

Note his attempt to fuck over Sara with minimal evidence then beg for the way out from the person he tried to fuck over.

If by "spicing up" you mean "grated on my fucking nerves to the point where I just wanted to drop this shit" then yes.

V3 spoilers

Anyone else predict that Tsumigi was going to be the mastermind? The Cospox thing made me think she couldn't even dress as herself without Cospox which made me think her identity was a lie from that point.

2 > V3 > 1

Don't (You) me

Okay but you're completely right

Attached: hajime fl.png (516x280, 103K)

>trusting someone with minimal evidence in a death game, especially when there is clearly something suspicious about them

>grated on my fucking nerves to the point where I just wanted to drop this shit
now this is some shit taste, unlike Kokichi who is a walking shitpost his actions are all serious , have a logical plan behind them and beyond hating Sara and sending the sacrifice to her he has done nothing wrong

it was obvious most of the game, she went out of her way not to seem suspicious
>XD IM SO PLAIN

Yes

Attached: 20190717193308_1.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

>not liking Mass Panic Debate, Scrum Debate, the best Hangman's Gambit, and Psyche Taxi

okay retard

Attached: PANIC.png (536x560, 260K)

It has the best post-game modes too.

God, I love Toko so fucking much

Attached: image.jpg (927x1024, 106K)

>gave the two best girls the lewdest CG in the series and even drew Mahiru's tits under the fog
Reminder that Kodaka is /ourguy/

Attached: hiyoko mahiru.jpg (700x542, 120K)

>smelly
>sticky
>fujo
>actual serial killer

Attached: 79C2EADA0AB497842090E8D165386CF38B807A99[1].jpg (1920x1080, 443K)

Using Komaru to shitpost against her platonic girlfriend should be a criminal offense

Attached: KURO'D.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

Ikr she's literally perfect

Attached: image.gif (600x878, 2.94M)

The fanbase isn't even that bad, unless the existence of fujos on tumblr that you will never see or hear bothers you somehow.

The only ones who are mad at the ending are the ones who don't know that Tsumugi's "muh reality TV show" reveal was a lie, and never bothered to re-check Prologue right after.

Riddle me this:
1. Shuichi and Kaede introduced each other with their names in the pre-game Prologue. Why were their names censored in the auditions?
2. Rantaro is supposedly a player from the 52nd game. Why did NO ONE recognize him when he introduced himself in the pre-game Prologue?
3. Pre-game Kaede remembers being kidnapped in the beginning. Would you really believe that the auditions were legit?
4. Tsumugi has cospox, and thus can't cosplay real people, but then say shit about the v3-characters being fiction. Doesn't that mean that Tsumugi could've forged the auditions and Rantaro's video?

I can conclude that while the Hope's Peak saga never happened in the Ultimate Academy saga, DR being a world-famous game show was a lie and may have been some obscure red room stream. At best, the Flashback Lights are real, however.

yes, but the fanbase is absolutely awful.
A good part of these retards though they were being insulted with the third game. Imagine being such a brainlet

Yes

Attached: 8547857485.jpg (800x800, 117K)

The games teach you about respecting consent, you should really play them.

Attached: consent.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

>be slightly interested in dangaronpa
>oh look, this girl akane looks cute
>the general on /vg/: SHE IS A WHORE SHE IS A PROSTITUTE REEEEEEE
>tumblr: SHE IS A POWERFUL AND BRAVE SEX WORKER WHO NEEDS NO MAN, SEX WORKERS ARE THE BEST WOMEN

mfw

Attached: images (1).jpg (655x468, 23K)

But Akane is just a dumb retard with big tits. She isn't strong or a whore, she's just a non-character

>tumblr
there is your problem

Isn't this game just Ace Attorney but unironocally edgy with a side of WarioWare minigames?

Think Ace Attorney x Persona but REALLY edgy.

Attached: D339FDD23A49161CAA3151E98A0CEB000A956659[1].jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

it's ace attorney but easier and with actual gameplay elements plus persona social link shit

no one likes fags who do that. just pirate the game

>horrible fanbase
it's a single player game why the fuck would this matter

>hurr durr just never talk about the games with anyone

based and redpilled, I noticed this shit too, but you know the fanbase is full of brainlet's that can't even spell Bone The On Meat. the whole shenanigan about DR3 is that you think is true is a lie and what you think is a lie is truth, but also that a lie can become the truth and vice-versa, it's still mindfuckery levels of meta but I would argue this is what makes V3 so fucking interesting.

And what stops any of that from being flashback light bullshit? The kubs admitted they fucked up, how do we know they didn't just accidentally use last season's backstory script? The truth is Kodaka is a hack and couldn't actually be bothered to write an ending so he defaulted to "I don't care, you figure it out". False memories are the absolute worst trope writers can use, even worse than "it was all a dream" bullshit.

yes

Attached: file.png (547x241, 138K)

>/drg/ and tumblr
FTFY

who? is that you user?

Attached: 1549435352644.png (329x370, 162K)

Is oxygen in the air worth breathing in despite Hitler breathing it aswell?

Attached: 1318880647671.jpg (420x604, 80K)

I want to consent with Chiaki.

Attached: 1471586713316.jpg (1280x1847, 311K)

Because Ultimates are always a staple in each "season." Why do you think Rantaro was the Ultimate Adventurer in the "52nd Killing Game?"

She's literally neither, ignore the memes and just play the games.

>series has been over for years
>f-fan influence, sw-sweetie

Did you reply to the wrong person?

>simple profile pic
>meme quote description
I've seen worse, I really don't know why you keep reposting that pic

No wonder Hinata is canonically straight

Attached: 19.jpg (1200x1695, 622K)

>There's no such thing as a good fanbase so yes.
^ This.
Fwiw, I went through Danganronpa without interacting with the fanbase.
I tried to get into the DRG in /vg/ and I suddenly understood that was a terrible idea.
From personal experience, play Danganronpa 1 and 2, make up a headcanon for the events that happen in their universe afterward (because there's 99% chances you'll be dissapointed by Danganronpa 3 which isn't even a game but a shitty and short anime show) and then play V3, which stands on its own and it's pretty awesome.

Once you've done that, you can get in any other minor material you want to, if you wish. Danganronpa is basically dead, at least for now.

Nope. The post implied that Season 52 had no Ultimates, when that's clearly false.

Remember, Pre-game Kaede and Shuichi acknowledged that they were normal students.

The second one is exactly the same as the first one. Is the third one different?

drg during 2016 was amazing though

This rich, creamy shortcake has even been known to turn girls gay.

Attached: avnoY2E_700b.jpg (700x391, 34K)

>The post implied that Season 52 had no Ultimates
Where? I didn't get that at all.

>The kubs admitted they fucked up, how do we know they didn't just accidentally use last season's backstory script?

And gays straight

Attached: Super Duper Highschool Level Angel.png (962x1400, 404K)

>Did you reply to the wrong person?
>Nope. The post implied that Season 52 had no Ultimates
>Why do you think Rantaro was the Ultimate Adventurer in the "52nd Killing Game?"
Hmm..

I'm not following, are you sure you aren't just projecting?

>The second one is exactly the same as the first one.
No, it's not. Character development is more present than it was in the 1st game, and for a lot of people the cast of the 2nd game was more likable too, not to mention there's more memorable scenes in the 2nd game compared to the 1st one.

>Is the third one different?
Different characters and environment, same Danganronpa patterns.
The executions in this game are a little bit more gruesome than the first games' too.

Only V3 is really worth playing.

>The kubs admitted they fucked up, how do we know they didn't just accidentally use last season's backstory script?

For one, Shuichi and Kaede aren't even Season 52 characters, only Rantaro and Tsumugi are. If they "followed" a "script", they would've introduced themselves using completely different names.

Attached: normal.png (989x531, 909K)

>No, it's not.
Yes it is. If you have played the first game the second one won't give you a new experience, just more of the same.

T-This is true. It doesn't matter what series. They're all shit. Why?

Do you... not understand how flashback lights work?

God that hat is so fucking lazy, it was obvious the protagonist switch was going to happen when that thing looks like it was just lazily shopped on every sprite.

First game is the one that holds up best. Not because it is the best, but because it's the most solid, makes the fewest mistakes and is incredibly straightforward. It also serves as the introduction to the overarching plot but is not deeply involved in it compared to DR2. The other games take the anime factor up to 11 and thus gain more "What the ever loving fuck is wrong with the writing?" receptions when the ball is dropped.

itt: brainlets
DR 52 happened, rantaro was "sacrificed" and joined DR 53
Shuichi, Kaede etc "auditioned" for DR 53 and were accepted, their auditions were shown in 53's climax to create despair - Whether they consented to it or got brainwashed for DR 53 is not mentioned and is up for interpretation
The monokubs intentionally fucked up because they're controlled by Team DR, the fuck up was televised because it's used in the climax
Tsumugi's cospox is a plothole though, however it's common headcanon that DR 53 causes cospox but previous DR games don't because DR 1-51 are fiction in DR 53

Attached: IMG_20190716_014802.jpg (935x450, 83K)

>Sayaka
>Wants to save her friends
>Knows nothing of the class trial
>Would only kill one person
>Indefensible

>Hiyoko
>Irritating cunt
>That's literally it
>Indefensible

>Ibuki
>Did nothing wrong

Kill yourself, Tenkofag.

>No, it's not. Character development is more present than it was in the 1st game, and for a lot of people the cast of the 2nd game was more likable too, not to mention there's more memorable scenes in the 2nd game compared to the 1st one.
I disagree with this heavily. Characterization in DR2 was the worst. You are originally led to believe Byakuya had one before the game, but it's a red herring. You have Hiyoko killed in the process of one (but that's fine, so were Taka and Angie I think). You have Akane given ample opportunity for growth but just refuses to make anything meaningful of it. The only characters in this game that undergo development are Hajime and Fuyuhiko. Everyone else is the same from start to finish.

>cast of the 2nd game was more likable too

Subjective. I've found the DR2 cast is a lot less liked nowadays. Only Komaeda and maybe AI Chiaki survived DR3 .

>muh fanbase
Zoomers are retarded

>You are originally led to believe Byakuya had one before the game, but it's a red herring
Just because he wasn't actually Byakuya doesn't mean the impostor had no character.

I'm sorry, but you said this right?
>Character DEVELOPMENT
The whole premise behind Twogami is that something occurred that caused him to change and it's a big pull into the early game. But it's just a meaningless distraction. There's no development present.

Cry more, fagboi.

I want to marry Toko and then permanently forbid her from bathing herself, cutting/combing her hair and changing her dress.
If she ever dares trying to touch water (other than for drinking) and/or any kind of soap/deodorant and/or any clothes other than her default ones, I'll instantly dump her (literally, as in: in a garbage dump); and I won't ever forgive her unless she takes a good bath into the sewers' greywater.

Attached: serveimage.png (500x256, 151K)