Next month marks the tenth anniversary of the Arkham series so we're going to have a thread about it

Next month marks the tenth anniversary of the Arkham series so we're going to have a thread about it.

Do you think the series is ready to come back? Are you ready to admit that people overreacted to the Batmobile in AK and the game is rather great?

Attached: file.png (434x500, 574K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e4_H8yl2iwQ
youtu.be/8BdJlRixA84
youtu.be/wa6PGBiOqi0
youtube.com/watch?v=2sTkWBATdNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are the goty covers so bad?

Attached: arkhamcitygotybox-56aa3f815f9b58b7d00320cc.jpg (219x300, 23K)

Are these shopped?

>Do you think the series is ready to come back?

No and I really would rather Rocksteady put all the talent that worked on this series towards another project. They're too good with their world building and level design to squander it on more games in this series. I would like to see a Batman Beyond as much as a lot of people did but 3 was a good end to the series.

>Are you ready to admit that people overreacted to the Batmobile in AK and the game is rather great?

I held off on playing AK for probably 2 years due to both the burn out of playing the first two games three or four times a piece and all the negativity towards the game at launch. The hate was absolutely unwarranted and AK stands with the other two as one of the greatest games of their generations.

Attached: BatmanGirl.webm (720x540, 2.56M)

Yes
Pic related is the original

Attached: d816131c358e3afd379f5bdc36580e2a.png (500x716, 434K)

Here are my complaints with the batmobile
>that last riddler race was complete bullshit
>how are racetracks riddles?
>the car chase missions were frustrating because the homing missile is a 0/10 weapon, especially when the APC starts taking corner after corner faster than it can lock on, and some of them rubber band away from you
>some of the environmental puzzles that require you to get into and out of and into and out of the car are tedious
>all of the batmobile bossfights were incredibly contrived
>the tank mode and tank combat in general is extremely contrived

It's a good looking magazine cover, I'll tell you that much.

damn Warner Bros if fucking based

Is WB just meming with these covers?

Attached: file.png (640x739, 1.11M)

Around the time those games were released, especially Arkham City, publishers were going nuts with their GOTY covers. Some had the decency to publish their games with a new cover while other just photoshopped their "awards" in the OG cover.
It was disrespectful. One of the most infamous that I remember was Farcry 3 with the "Skyrim with guns" bullshit quote on the cover.
I think it was at that time when the "Featuring Dante" meme was created but I could be wrong.

>Do you think the series is ready to come back?

No, 4 games is already one too many. I love suiting up as the bat as much as anyone but this iteration has runed it´s curse. We got Hamil and Conroy and a great everything. They should just quit while they are still ahead.

> Are you ready to admit that people overreacted to the Batmobile in AK and the game is rather great?

No. I really hated that shit. If it had been optional that would have been one thing but it was forced on the player on every other mission and you had to do some of the side missions to upgrade the fucking tank to avoid getting stuck. Sure, you could argue the same could be said of stealth missions on the first games and you would be right except that´s what a Batman game is supposed to be about. I want to play Batman, not Batman´s car. Plus the only thing missing from these games is the hability to use disguises or whatever like on the original TAS. Other than that there is not much new games could bring to the table. (sure, adaptations of other stories or whatever but you keep going and you end with a new assassins creed fiasco plot. Nobody wants that)

>Farcry 3
It wasn't a goty cover but it's still hilariously bad

Attached: thumb_farcry-3-like-skyrim-with-guns-machinima-pre-order-the-gamestop-54307681.png (300x400, 82K)

What the hell is rocksteady doing? Are they even making a game?

>One of the most infamous that I remember was Farcry 3 with the "Skyrim with guns" bullshit quote on the cover.
This doesn't exist. The advertisements had the "Skyrim with guns" quote but it never appeared on the game cover. They had no critic quotes on the front cover of the game and on the back cover they had a couple but "skyrim with guns" was not one of them.

Rocksteady? What about WB Montreal?!

Their last game was Arkham Origins in 2013. Other than helping produce the season pass content for Arkham Knight, they haven't made a single game this generation

Back in 2018 one of their game designer's said they were working on 2 DC games, maybe they're helping out Rocksteady.

They're making an open world DC universe game. That's all the information they've given.

The only way the series can move is to have it be a Batman Beyond game.

It keeps the voice cast but stops it being a rehash. Terry is a different, more schway batman and his suit is functionally different to Bruce's. Could be good to see a futuristic Gotham and you can get rid of the bar mobile as his suit let's him fly.

if they want to be truly inunsipred as well they can adapt the return of the joker storyline

Attached: p209814_b_v8_ac.jpg (960x1440, 141K)

Fuck Batman.

It's time for best boy to get his turn.

Attached: green-lantern-hal-jordan-the-death-of-superman-78.2.jpg (210x240, 20K)

It'd be nice to see ANYONE but Batman get a turn. I'm really get sick of the character and I'm especially sick of Joker.

is the PC port of AK still a train wreck?

IT'S THE FREAKING BAT

Attached: thugs.jpg (780x439, 280K)

hal's a retard and I'd much rather have a barry or wally game

Attached: flash.gif (480x360, 1.88M)

No

How would they make the gameplay fun? It'll be nothing but running around fast and punching people.

At least with GLs you can do gadget variations like arkham games but with the constructs instead.

Also all the cool space places you can go to.

audible kek

>so we're going to have a thread about it.
No we fucking aren't. Maybe if you ASKED we could've but I'm not gonna sit around here and let you think you run this board when I'm the king here chump.

>How would they make the gameplay fun? It'll be nothing but running around fast and punching people.
so Saints Row 4?
it was great actually

Attached: saints row 4.jpg (639x361, 45K)

Yes, now give me my goddamn Arkham Beyond.

Arkham Knight is great. The combat is the most refined as is predator mode gameplay. But the batmobile composes too much of the game. It’s about 50-55% of the game when it should be 30% at most. Also too much batmobile challenge mode stuff.

>Joker
>Penguin
>Two-Face
>Black Mask
>Scarecrow
>Riddler
>Falcone
Which boss would be the best to work for?

Mr. Freeze

is there a mod to make it so the full ending plays no matter what? Those Riddler trophies are fucking garbage

Freeze hires people?

>it was great actually
It killed the franchise.
Then again, SR4 was supposed to be a DLC so it makes sense it flopped.

he does in Origins and in other depictions
he'd make the best boss because he's not particularly evil, just a sad fuck who loves his wife

Attached: freeze.jpg (930x450, 82K)

I'd like a Green Arrow game but I want it in the style of Detroit Become Human. I thought the TellTale Batman had a good formula (Balance between Bruce Wayne and Batman) but it was bogged down by poor graphics and weirdly planned QTE's. We should start over but use Green Arrow and have realistic Graphics and David Cage esque gameplay. Imagine having to choose between killing a guy and lowering city morale or keeping him alive and letting crime syndicates rise in return. Or Choosing to be Oliver Queen the party animal playboy or Oliver Queen the guy who is always off training

Attached: LsTBJgd.gif (400x200, 921K)

Nah, i run it maxed out at 1440p minus the physx debris/smoke on a 1070 with an r5 1600 and i get a locked 60 fps, 4k at 30 also works great. It's a game you definitely want to run from an ssd though, as like most unreal 3 games, it stutters like hell when it has to stream textures with a mechanical drive. The ssd fixes that entirely.

The series shouldn't come back. It was nice seeing it evolve over the 3 games, but the formula was getting a bit stale by the third. Rocksteady have a solid foundation for open-world superhero games, i'd love to see how a daredevil game would turn out.
The batmobile was a great addition, pursuing vehicles while smashing the scenery to bits looked awesome. The batmobile combat was fine as a way to break up the monotony, but it dragged on for far too long in the late game, with the game throwing dozens of tanks at you.
Arkham city was probably the best overall game, as a lot of the enemy placement and areas in ak didn't feel as carefully crafted as they were in the previous games. AC struck a nice balance between intricate locations and a larger hub to explore. I especially liked wonder city and the subway.
What ak nailed are the traversal and visuals, gliding through gotham and seeing raindrops splashing on your cape as it flaps in the wind looks and feels great. It's nuts when you consider that it runs on unreal engine 3 like the previous games. Hell it might even be the best use of the engine.

Wasn't the majority of the challenges combat and predator focused? I think there were only 2 extra challenges based on the Batmobile on the DLC outside of the themed racetracks.

Post some of your favourite tracks:

youtu.be/e4_H8yl2iwQ

youtu.be/8BdJlRixA84

youtu.be/wa6PGBiOqi0

The formula is stale. Combat room. Predator room. Detective vision room. Predator room. Combat. Mob enemies while fighting a big boss.
Don't forget how well the combat and predator segments evolved in each game. Some people complain about one button but there was more too it including gadget takedowns, brutal takedowns, enviornmental takedowns. And a variety of enemies that needed to be taken out in specific ways. But wahh you have to press square to win wahhh

Knight > City > Asylum > Origins.

I just got done playing through the main 3 games of the series a while ago. Key things if we was to see it return

>New title and no more batman: Knightfall was kino and countering that just for money would suck, there's also other stories to be told so the new name for the series. Legacy of the Knight
>Related to the name change each game of the new series would feature different members of the batfam taking part in their own story. Nightwing in Bludhaven, Azrael fighting the Order, Red Hood killing, adult Damian leaving the league to hunt down Harley
>WB bullies the fuck out of the Shadow of devs to get the nemesis system in one of the games at least
>No more fucking Riddler shit

The GCPD in Knight was so comfy. Seeing the jail cells fill up with everyone you're taking down was a great touch.

Whatever Rocksteady is working on, it better be some next-level shit based on how long it's taking.

This. I love interactive hubs that grow with the story.

Agreed. The evidence room was pretty neat too.

Origins > Asylum > City > Knight

Swap origins and asylum and you've got it.

The origins DLC was kino af as well.

This.
The futuristic area in ak looked awesome, even the batman beyond costume was a cool bonus.

youtube.com/watch?v=2sTkWBATdNI

Attached: mr freeze wojak.png (576x467, 350K)