Command menu is clunky RNG, meaning the actual useful parts of Hero are just Link+Robin

>Command menu is clunky RNG, meaning the actual useful parts of Hero are just Link+Robin
>Yggdrasil starts on land as if intentionally blocking it from being tournament legal
>Shit mii costume selection with nothing from outside of Dragon Quest
>World of Light new content is retarded baby mode instead of an ultra hard or new fights
>Music selection is Cloud all over again, 2 per character
>Stingy spirit selection, half a page shorter than Joker's
>No new songs for Midgar
>No boss rush
>No home run contest
>No break the targets
It's gonna be a 0/10 from me, bro.

Why do we let Square Enix put characters into this game, again?

Attached: hero.jpg (780x390, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MXZew_wYBds
youtube.com/watch?v=ufyk5Z3uSdc
youtube.com/watch?v=nCt0ARbgjmk
youtube.com/watch?v=qA6IfcvX_bU
youtube.com/watch?v=kkZu8xj3lvs
youtube.com/watch?v=qsaHCXNbYPI
youtube.com/watch?v=nbnu8hwQdE4
youtube.com/watch?v=aEwo8zacJcc
youtu.be/6_dfLR3R14M?t=774
youtu.be/6_dfLR3R14M?t=777
youtu.be/k-aJip8eDic
nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/hero-from-the-dragon-quest-series-joins-super-smash-bros--ultimate-today/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>No new songs for Midgar

You must be a newfag to not realize Square always been the japanese jew of vidya

>Yggdrasil starts on land as if intentionally blocking it from being tournament legal
The fact that 2 seconds of time on land (that never repeats) is a tournament ban should maybe be your hint the tournament scene is a little too up its own ass.

>>Command menu is clunky RNG, meaning the actual useful parts of Hero are just Link+Robin
Why wouldn't donw+B be useful? It's like using Mr. Game&watch.

>e instead of an ultra hard
Was there an issue with WoL being too easy?
>>Music selection is Cloud all over again, 2 per character
So, actually not like Cloud?

>Command menu is clunky RNG
I’ll wait until I’ve played the character to judge this
>Yggdrasil platform starts where it is in the real game
Stop the presses!
>Shit Mii costumes
I can agree with this
>WoL baby mode
Agreed
>Music selection is bad
It looks to me like they got all of the good music, so no complaints.
>stingy spirit selection
Who actually gives a fuck, but even then it’s better than the zero spirits FF got
>no new songs for Midgar
Don’t know why you expected this
>No boss rush
Would you ever play this game mode outside of maybe three times tops?
>home run contest
See above, but it’s probably coming in the future anyway
>break the targets
The first actual fun absent game mode you’ve brought up, maybe we could see it in the last DLC release? Who knows.

Judge comes out like a normal move you dumbass.

Anyone with half a brain will instantly shut down command menu use

So, does Geno have a chance?

So I guess that means you won't be playing Hero at all

>Anyone with half a brain will instantly shut down command menu use
Why would they?

He has the potential to bring all kinds of random stupidity Without actually being broken and I honestly can't wait

Attached: D9JtQRfXYAAvqNI.jpg (933x885, 54K)

Maybe if you take 30 seconds doing it, yeah

Based retard.

>>WoL baby mode
>Agreed
Was there an issue with the hardest difficulty of WoL being too easy? if not, what is the problem?

he's in

Attached: Judge_point[1].png (477x359, 188K)

>Stand still for 3 seconds trying to get the right spell because RNG won't give it to me
>Get buttfucked by any competent player
>Try to use the move quickly
>Drain all my mana, blow myself up, or use a move that is only useful against other hero players in highly specific circumstances
>Try to get the recovery command
>Don't, kill myself
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEEEEEEE?

Attached: EAuhs9TXUAADP8k.png (697x624, 613K)

>>Stand still for 3 seconds trying to get the right spell because RNG won't give it to me
So, you are complaining the player can't abuse the system?
>>Get buttfucked by any competent player
Even on the highest level, there are always down time. Also, the selection is very quick
>HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEEEEEEE?
By not being good at video game.

Yamaha and videl miis are needed

Attached: 1564493758422.jpg (1212x651, 367K)

Which is specifically why we got four characters, Sakurai was wise to their bullshit.

If there was any doubts cloud was the character who almost ruined EVERYONE IS HERE

Attached: Tidus laugh space.gif (500x375, 909K)

>Dude get better at RNG

you're scrolling through multiple spells user, either you're aiming for the top selection or you're gonna choose the ones below

also that faggot who shouted a "got you" spell combo didn't account for MP cost

Get better at not using a move like a moron. You are basically complaining you it's not an instant win move.

>Expect true boring sword man.
>Get Pac-Man 2: The Quickening.
I'm happy.

>one of the spells is an 11% Heal that takes minimal MP

Every other spell could be worthless shit and Down+B would still be good because Hero can just turn every fight into an attrition he'll win. If you don't think a competent player will be able to quickcycle to Heal off any decent knockback you're sadly mistaken.

The real problem with Hero isn't the Down+B though, it's the MP system that will kill his recovery.

>you're scrolling through multiple spells user, either you're aiming for the top selection or you're gonna choose the ones below
Even at the top level, player are able to do charged shot. do'nt tell me they do'nt have the time to select a move.

fuck, it's not that different from Shulk.

Good.
The only thing I was worried about. I bet Sakurai strongarmed Squeenix this time due to Dairy Queen's cultural significance in Japan.

>Crits that kill at 0%
Lmao is Cloud/Bayonetta all over again.

because you can save the shot, you can't save the selection, especially when every tourneyfag are speedsters

Did I misunderstand, or can you actually not listen to Prelude outside of battle? Fuck you, Squeenix. Man, this was a bad presentation overall. Hero looks like he could be janky fun, but other than that this was so underwhelming. Please don't do this pseudo-livestream format again, Sakurai.

Positives:
>Sakurai putting Final Fantasy on blast for its music situation
>Costume Theory is good and fully dead (but RIP Genobros, you lost your next best thing)
>we can proceed to full Banjo-Kazooie hype season very soon

>tournament legal
Smashfags need to be fucking gassed.

>all the MIDI versions
SUGIYAMA

Attached: 1420143030475s.jpg (250x242, 5K)

hoes mad

You can enhance two of the Spirits, and each of the heroes is certainly going to have their own Spirit. That means Dragon Quest will have a total of 13 Spirits, which is actually the exact same as Persona.

>What is game and watch
>what is chrom/ike/Dorf

Yea Forums SMASH TOURNEYS ARE BACK BABY WOOOOOO

Nope, he says it's only victory theme. I guess they cna't negotiate for it.

>you can't save the selection,
Actually, you can. once it's selected, you keep it up until you use it.

Down+B will be used. Up until it get the character banned.

Looks cool, I'll probably learn him as my Sword Main

Did you pay attention? The spells get swapped.

G&W is a 1 in 9 chance in one of his B attacks. The RNG probably makes the 9 a rare draw.
>Chrom, Ike and Dorf kill him at 0%
Lmao what a noob

Attached: 1564493947343.png (640x763, 556K)

It's a good thing the crit doesn't kill at 0 then

And? How is that an issue?

That speed spell will for sure make him lighter like light weight did for palutena

It literally does.
Whatch the video.

Nah all numbers have the same odds. You exaggerate Hero's RNG.

Your argument is that he can "hold" to pick the best spell, yet he can't, either you spam to get the right one first or move the menu, and if you notice Hero actually has some lag when casting.

More like hoes disappointed

XDDD hoes mad I saw that on reddit! upvoted my fellow redditor

...you're confusing stuff are you? The crit just deals random stronger damage. What you're thinking is a spell that acts like GW's 9.

>yet he can't
Depending of the spell (if it's heal, no need to delay it), but actually yes. many are kept up until they are in use.

Once again, you complain the move isn't broken in favor of the Hero.

>People already freaking out over the command menu
It's purely rng and all his specials affects his recovery. People need to calm down for a second

Attached: 1563751285690.gif (360x312, 708K)

Seething and cringe, now cope

...your argument is that the spells are not swapped when holding down guard, but if you watch the vid that's what happens, the whole point of rerolling

Crit doens't kill at 0%

Only a special spell that you can only have randomly.

dilate

that's just psyche up/oomph dude
everything else goes off the moment you make a choice

I wish but I doubt it.

the idiot is making a big deal of "MUH CRITICAL HIT KILL", so it's your usual "Joker is broken!" shit

>...your argument is that the spells are not swapped
No, my argumlent is that once you have select the spell, for many of them, you keep it up until you use it. you just do'nt use down B up until then.

>everything else goes off the moment you make a choice
There is no reason to delay heal.

and again, this isn't really an issue. It"s like complaining G&W doesn't make 9 all of the time.

>random rules may apply per round
pffffffffffffffffffffffft

I can't fucking believe how much RNG is in this character thanks for making sure they get banned from Competitive Play Sakurai

Attached: d5lvj76-cde3b84c-c797-46df-9096-819d753e9d1a.png (900x698, 278K)

They won't.

And beyond that, it's a gigantic tell, there seems to be a pretty consistent delay between when you actually pick the spell and when you use it.
And, because the menu physically shows up, you're able to always know what they just did

it's a big deal when half of them are melee attacks and the other are long ranged projectiles with a good amount of start up

Yeah, but you're put in an exposed state while selecting, which is why I said "either the first part of the selection should be the one you need" or you "stop and try to avoid a faggot running towards you".

Also I haven't seen a footage where the menu is maintained, since pressing down b again changes it.

I love seeing commentatorars freak out when Peach/Daisy pull out a bomb, Saturn, or a stitch facebeam sword. Shit's hilarious

Attached: Peach and Daisy s.png (520x466, 101K)

>>No boss rush
Literally no one asked for this.

Like I said, it's another Yea Forums thinks they know how tourneys work. Then again these people thought Rool is top tier.

With that said it means Hero isn't a noob pick.

>Yeah, but you're put in an exposed state while selecting,
Again, just like when you charge. Not an issue.
You are basically complaining that G&W doesn't make a 9 all of the time.

Oh, is Hero out today? Fuckin' sweet, I know what I'm doing after work

Attached: 1560949570664.png (540x540, 21K)

>Also I haven't seen a footage where the menu is maintained
Not the menu. The move you selected is kept up until you use it.

>cool new stages come out
>they're always banned from tournaments
Why are Smash autists like this?

Metaknight wasn't banned and neither was bayo. People are kidding themselves if they think hero is bannable

Judge is always a Melee attack so you know when to go for it
Command Menu can be a melee attack or a projectile so you might fuck yourself depending on where you are positioned to your opponent
it's not a fucking hard concept to grasp you retard

god you're autistic I thought you actually discovered something useful

In what situation do you actually go for zoom in the air? It seems incredibly risky when kaswoosh is so good(though higher cost of course)
Zoom has always been a low cost spell in game, didn't see how much it cost in smash. I guess it will just be when you are falling too low and know you can't afford a kaswoosh?

>gaijins will be listening to this music?
>give them the midis

but you lose your selection, again I can't find it in the vid where the menu is kept

??? you automatically use it the moment you pick it from the menu

Why did the menu have to be RNG? It seemed like a great idea but that just seems weird, why not just cut down the amount of attacks? Seems there were plenty even with just four menu options.

True
It's gonna take some absurd practice to be able to read the command prompt, pick the one you want (if any from that list) and use it in a way that the opponent doesn't instantly respond to.
It's also going to be interesting to see resource management for this since everything relies on MP, a bit like Robin I guess. But with Robin, I don't remember if even your up-B relied on the book meter

RNG is in the spirit of old school RPG games

All the tournaments I went to back in the day let you choose whatever stage as long as both guys were ok with it

Don't you dare try to shift the blame off of SE for this. They are notorious for doing this shit, gaijin or not.

8 MP

I forgot, can you charge Woosh on the ground? If so it's much better than Zoom.

yeah but you can't store it, I think Frizz is the only Spell family that can be stored

HOES MAD

>Thinking Videl would dress like that.

Attached: BLUSH.jpg (150x266, 12K)

Halberd used to be legal in Brawl

Smash 4 ruined community forever

Lots of really popular attacks, and I imagine they wanted to make the other specials more reliable and make the character less reliant on a central gimmick overall.
It also reduces the potency of the character to fight against, since it means that Hero mains don't continuously have access to 20 moves reliably, they only have access to 4 randomly which means they don't have a response to literally every scenario

I'd imagine it has to do with the readability of the menu for both the player and the opponent having all 4 available at once. You can refresh the spells by simply shielding too. Having all available at might mean too much for an opponent to actually be able to react to.

>Judge is always a Melee attack so you know when to go for it
And menu is one mve you use when there is a cool down, just like a charged attacked. How complicated is that?
>Command Menu can be a melee attack or a projectile so you might fuck yourself depending on where you are positioned to your opponent
Again, they don't activate up until you use it.
>can't find it in the vid where the menu is kept
Because you are unable to understand. THE MENU is not kept, the menu is gone, but you keep the move up until you use it.
>??? you automatically use it the moment you pick it from the menu
For heal, yes, but there is no point in delying it. Many of the move are kept up until they are used.

You don't really have to use it as he has more than enough versatility in his other moveset, and even then, you can just pick the moves that are passives in nature so you can pick and choose when the enemy isn't rushing you down.

With Robin her up B was tied directly to a book meter

That meter is shared with her jab, which is one of the reasons she is terrible

yup, he's seething alright

Ahh that's what I mean, so it can't be stored then?

Attached: 1498557072-135fa3670809033076519caa98fff6da.jpg (1100x600, 107K)

Attached: banjosays.png (606x82, 30K)

Oh wait are you referring to the buffs? Because the non-buff moves are immediately activated (i.e. the Hatchet Man), but Bounce etc. linger. With that said only Psyche Up lasts until you strike.

Bulma, Trunks, and yes even you kakarot, THIS IS FOR YOU

Attached: 7E9CD4BD-16B7-4B77-9185-144A18EF189D.jpg (982x714, 174K)

>smashbabbies thinking they know how randomness affects competitive play
I'm just happy I have someone to play when I play this game at parties now.

Attached: FaustRev.png (717x1181, 205K)

Somewhere other there, some guy with a retardedly fast apm is going to somehow abuse the menu spamming to get what he needs and beat everyone down, and soon everyone will be complaining about OP the menu is.

You're right. Chichi would be a way better fit actually....it's perfect actually

Attached: Chichi_by_maffo1989-d6pkj5n.png (1024x2240, 348K)

>Sora somehow gets in
>Only music tracks are Night of Fate and Dance of Death
>Sora only has Japanese VA

Man, seeing so many of his specials be chargeable reminds me of the idea I had for him back during pre release speculation. Neat. Glad he looks easier to use than each special being a menu.

Attached: heroidea.png (1230x326, 170K)

>>Sora only has Japanese VA
That would not be a bad thing.

>Yuki Kaji

Attached: 1496737186695.jpg (500x280, 35K)

no, nothing else besides Frizz can be stored, except for Psych Up I guess

The guy plays screaming retards well

people are kidding themselves if they think he is busted. Yes he has some RNG bullshit, but the strongest stuff is broadcast right there on the screen, all the strongest moves are going to have really high MP costs.

This is a character who will not be able to reliably do a deep recovery at all if he doesn't ration out at least a Kaswoosh amount of MP. Once your magic burst misses you are fucking done. Pros will gimp you off the stage worse than lil' mac as soon as your MP is low enough. I think this alone offsets all the advantages he is getting including healing, etc.

there's a lot of stuff we simply don't know, either. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a hidden background cooldown once you have used one of the menu commands, we won't know until we can use him. What about Kaclang? it will be good for stalling out the game, sure. Can you be grabbed while you are using it? It's not considered a dodge so I'm guessing if you use it at the edge you get dropped like a rock.

Change the game language to Japanese if you want to win.

You're absolutely right user, I'll direct my shitposts more appropriately next time

You don't lose Bounce up until it is hit for the first time either, so it's not an issue.

And even high in tournament, player are able to land Falcon punches and even Warlock punch. I don't see with a good read, the insta-move can be used too.

speak properly or don't at all I'd rather have an actual discussion here

Hoes mad

Attached: 1564188467126.png (800x552, 331K)

>. Once your magic burst misses you are fucking done
You recharge your MP by attacking the opponent, though, so that balance it out.

Personally, I am going to laugh if someone had managed to use Kamaikaze in a tournament to win somehow.

>Small music selection

so let me guess, ultra basic anthem shit everyone already heard a thousand times with the same instrumentals every other Smash remix is with barely any obscure pick?

no, but the charge time is very balanced. As long as you aren't trying to dodge a meteor at the same time I think it will be easy to get back up with it(provided you can afford the MP)

Just give me my tourney mode

I mean it's possible but it's no worse then a G&W hitting a 9, which no one has a problem with?

In fact its waaaay easier to hit a 9 then it is to kill with Thawck because even if you roll it, and it hits, it can still fail.

>not playing Hiyama exclusively
I'm glad he's back to smash.

Is Hero out now?

I did though.

In like 10 hours I think

Not really actually.

Attached: screenshot (3).png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

Looks like we'll just have to endure
>That one guy

Attached: 1561417550672.jpg (286x326, 16K)

Gentleman's rule is always a thing.

I have never played the DQ series, is that a good selection?

*At the very end of the day
You should know by now they like to make Smash DLC as last minute as possible.

>People were lying earlier and said there was only 2 songs
But why

I mean, I still have around 7 more hours of work, so I'm not too bothered.

I mean it's two songs per character
maybe that's why Sakurai got 4 different Heroes...

The orchestrated version of Marching through the Fields is the GOAT JRPG overworld theme, it's a shame we're getting the lesser MIDI version.

2 songs per hero. What people said was true, from a certain point of view.

Attached: 4924-6_alec-guiness.jpg (550x400, 32K)

they're literally their iconic music

youtube.com/watch?v=MXZew_wYBds
youtube.com/watch?v=ufyk5Z3uSdc
youtube.com/watch?v=nCt0ARbgjmk
youtube.com/watch?v=qA6IfcvX_bU
youtube.com/watch?v=kkZu8xj3lvs

they probably mean "2 for each hero"

and he's still very cringy. God who actually thinks the "hoes mad" is a good comeback? It sounds like something a kid would come up with when he's loosing an argument.

if you were paying attention, towards the beginning he fully charged a smash attack against Hero at 0% and he died off the side
admittedly, I'm sure someone that is paying attention won't have that happen to them

is hero out?

I'd say it's pretty good. I was kind of hoping to get this one though youtube.com/watch?v=qsaHCXNbYPI but in terms of songs that would be good for a battle these are the essentials really.

You can bet in spectator mode again, that was one of the best things in Brawl.
Eat shit OP.

I agree with that, but until then you are at a severe disadvantage, you won't be tanking to high % once that happens. Once you are off the stage you are worse off than Mac. my point is that he is very balanced, people who are being reckless with their MP are going to get shut down very quickly. You have this extra resource to manage that other characters don't when they use their specials.

do people actually care outside the East?

it did 40% and the other Hero didn't recover at all
it's probably the same thing as landing a fully charge DK punch at someone who is at 0%

HERO'S COMING TONIGHT TONIGHT
HERO'S COMING TONIGHT

>bet

You don't lose anything though

>b-b-bbut you lose your time!!!
We're already on Yea Forums, I'm pretty sure that our time is fucking worthless

at least we got dante

Attached: Capture.jpg (353x472, 28K)

Makes it all the better this time where you can just keep picking and then cash out for stuff.
Stay anally annihilated fag.

isn't that the default guy from 10

If you're referring to Finishing Touch he can't KO at 0% and especially not on heavier characters. It's more in a range like 35%-60%

That's still not betting user.

imagine actually thinking he didnt just hold toward the blast zone

It's Angelo from 8

Attached: Heroalts.png (3392x2050, 2.64M)

Kind of Japan's fault for it already being midnight over there. Would be a little bit of a dick to release it and make people stay up to be able to play. 8pm release isn't so bad.

It's Angelo

>no Puff Puff
I'm gonna do it. I'm not fucking around anymore. I'm gonna actually fucking kill myself this time. This can't be fucking happening

Attached: 1552181420868.gif (426x324, 2.99M)

>betting high
>never losing
That's what it feels like to be a Chad

>Being this butthrut over semantics.
I still get to bet on who wins the match, stay mad that my needs were met and not yours.

why did 12 year old memers get attracted to a nigger song

I like that if you got Reach Out For The Truth from Persona 4 playing on Mementos and Joker wins, it plays the Persona 4 victory screen music.

When money is on the line, why would you not want things to be as balanced as possible? Nobody is making you play with tournament rules. It sounds like you are the one whose ass is blasted for no reason.

She's in

Attached: 1558629095049.gif (200x260, 3.86M)

Joker is retarded as hell though

>Spiral Mountain will be banned, since the bridge to Grunty's Laid extends at some point
>Even if it didn't, the autists in charge of stage selection would probably ban it, anyways, since it rotates, even though, as a circle, the stage will stay exactly the same
I just want comfy Banjo music in tourney play.
I'm a fucking tourneyfag and even I think the stage selection process is pants-on-head retarded

what's upsetting is that there's literally nothing stopping people from using Battlefield/Omega versions when they want to go to BF/FD
but they never fucking use them anyways

I just realized ALL of Hero's VA save for Takeshi Kusao played Link's voice

Didn't MkLeo's Joker just lose to Marss in a recent tournament? I mean, given how no one else is doing well with him and now the only guy winning with him had just lost, maybe he's really not as OP as people are saying he is.

did world of the strong make it under the dq themes?

yeah almost as bad as calling everyone that disagrees with them a tranny and telling them dilate

he also very nearly lost to a G&W of all things

Will you still be able to play the Joker spirit board when the Hero one is release?

>literally a fourth Link
Can't make this shit up.

I'm still going to pretend that 11 is 9 since I'm waiting for the the Switch version of 11 and haven't played his game yet.

Attached: Luminestrian.png (166x276, 82K)

Maybe they'll add in a thing to pick which specific spirit board you want to do. Other than that I don't know.

G&W is a strong character and has a good matchup vs Joker

To play Devil's avocado, the reason certain stages are banned is because music licensing is fucky for some of the stages. Apparently, MOTHER music can't be used in tourneys, for that reason. I imagine the same problem happens with Squeenix stages. Most tourneygoers have no idea which stages this applies for, so they don't even bother risking it.

Yeah it's hilarious

>OoT Link is Hiyama
>ALBW Link is Saiga
>HW Link is Kaji

Only in voice, though Smash can drop young and toon any day now and add different Zelda characters that make that game's reps have better variety.

So we don't know yet?

Thanks for the response, by the way :)

Joker is weak as fuck and the majority of his kill confirms are either predictable smash attacks with long startups and endlags or Arsene approaches that are easily avoidable before running out.

He is good at building up percentage but he takes forever to KO anything heavier than the lightest characters in the game.

boss rush is the most fun out of all of those modes. and would probably be the easiest to implement.

wait

are

are people seriously afraid of fucking THWACK? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Smash Retardy incoming

>Arusu

holy shit this is fucking obscure/deep

It's easy to implement but there's a huge lack of bosses. I mean there's Ganon, Dracula, Rathalos, Galleom, Galeem, Dharkon, Giga Bowser, Master Hand, Crazy Hand and then both Master and Crazy Hand at the same time. So 9 bosses that comes out to 10 stages. Unless they bring back all the bosses from Brawl.

hoes mad

Attached: DQ3_Spell_Frizz.png (250x257, 120K)

>Shit Mii Costumes
>Agree
JUSTICE FOR GENO
>All the good music
You can't play the Overture, though. And THAT is unacceptable.
>Stingy spirit selection
Shouldn't there be even a DQ11 Party spirit though?
>No new songs for Midgar
FUCK LUPIN
>No boss rush or home run or break the goddamn mother fucking targets or stupid platform boarding
Ok that sucks

Attached: EAupk8OX4AIyjLj.jpg (1200x675, 133K)

Im glad that nobody actually likes Hero. This ironic twitter meme proves it. It means hero will be cut due to backlash

I'd like Home Run Contest, I dunno why but it was fun.

That's Trunks

Brawl only had 10

Doesn't Melee and 64 (?)'s A.I. technically already make it Smash Retardy?

Would Master Hand & Crazy Hand/Galeem & Dharkon count as seperate fights?

10 bosses with 11 stages. But I mean they can still add in Duon and Petey Piranha or something. Or just all of the missing brawl bosses. Which gets the number up to 15.

Love that little shoutout.

Attached: EAupwF6WwAIYKIz.jpg (1281x716, 106K)

The only bosses I'd even want from Brawl are Porky and Rayquaza

Yeah I accounted for the double hand. That's why I said 10 stages but technically 9 bosses. With Dharkon and Galeem its 11 stages. So with the missing brawl bosses its up to 16 stages. And if we add the thing from 4 we have another one but its a bitch of a fight. So 17.

It's 9 you turbo faggot

plant gang hehe

I think user is referring to Thwack?

Oh I forgot about porky so that'd be 18. I feel if they add more it should just be all of them. People will just bitch if they don't.

I don't think Hero is broken. You are over-estimating the efficacy of his down b. It will take a non negligable amount of time to menu to a particular move which means the moves will be much more punishable if you can rush in.
Crits are a little jank tho. I wonder what the percent chance will be.

youtube.com/watch?v=nbnu8hwQdE4

>tfw the Muslim player uses Kamikazee

We'll find out when he drops today anyway, along with the other character patch changes.

Im so glad geno will never ever be playable in smash

Lol why can't they use the battlefield/ Omega versions?

to which I laugh, since that shit barely kills in the original games

Am I crazy or was the War Cry we heard in the video just then the symphonic version and not the MIDI version?

I don't know, does anyone care about the smash original bosses outside of the hands? Then Petey and Ridley are already in the game in some form. I think most people would probably prefer new bosses to them bring back those two as bosses or worse like Duon or some shit.

And then everyone laughed
ha ha

Fuck the compfags he looks fun

they can. But it's always nice not having to pick those shits because they're just reskins of the same dumb stages some characters have an advantage on.

maybe i should just stop playing this game, i'm seeing myself hating it more and more with every fucking retarded decision sakurai makes

maybe i should try tekken after all

Attached: hero early data.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Bounce lasts for 11 seconds, not until you're hit.

Siegfried deconfirmed.

>dash attack - 20 - KILLS?

Attached: 1543356968332.jpg (583x431, 30K)

>>No new songs for Midgar
Why are FFags so entitled?

How are people this autistic? He literally comes out tonight. Whats the point of doing this inaccurate analysis?

I am literally Seething right now.

Geno & Chocobo Mii's are still coming in the update right? They just didn't show them.off because they aren't new. Right guys? Right?

There's nothing wrong with Kaji. Hating him is a meme from like 5 years ago

>The real problem with Hero isn't the Down+B though, it's the MP system that will kill his recovery.
The basic one takes 4MP. You'll probably always have that.

I don't expect them to make more for a boss rush so bringing some back is the best thing to hope for. 10 works. I like the bosses a lot this time around more than brawl. But we could use more from some of the series. I feel it should be 1 per series. They also have Giga Bowser and Ganon as bosses with Bowser and Ganondorf in the game so Meta Ridley shouldn't be a problem.

>he doesn't enter 4 player free for alls and fish for kamikazes in the middle of the group
>he doesn't spend the whole match in 1v1 fishing for thwack
>he doesn't run away from projectile spammers and stand there blocking everything with their shield until they run up to you in a furious anger just to get kafrizzled
>he doesn't create rulesets with metal boxes only on high and fish for metal slashes
>he doesn't jump up after people near the top of the blast zone and kaswoosh them to death
>he doesn't kamikaze his own final stock when he's losing to spite the enemy

Attached: 1393722629853.jpg (313x286, 31K)

the down b is fine I think, his specials are definitely powerful but having a limited mana pool will make him more difficult to use
fuck random crits on any attack though, that's complete bs

Because he has an audience who pays him to

He's not really the face of Soul Calibur anyway. It actually feels like Mitsurugi at this point. Or Nightmare.

Just on smash attacks. I don't think tilts jabs and Aerials have crit chance.

>Kamikaze rage quitting

How hilarious would that be

Super Hiyama Brothers when?

if it's just smash attacks I guess that's okay, but I'm worried about crit aerials because it doesn't seem clear whether they're in or not

>Don't really care about Smash
>Really love Dragon Quest
>Just want more people to get into the series
Nice selection of characters and music.

Attached: metal slimes.png (1920x1080, 2.91M)

Anons, what happens if I open a chest again?

How?

Attached: Celestrian_Male_Dragon_Quest_IX.png (600x1100, 610K)

Wanting more than 2 songs is not entitled. They could at least throw Birth of a God and One Winged Angel in. And the opening bombing mission song.

>that Project X Zone moment where Nobuyuki Hiyama talked to himself

Wait what exactly does Metal Slash do? Does it just instakill anyone who uses the metal box item? Did they seriously make a move designed for Hero matchups?

But this pack has nothing to do with you at all whatsoever.

I guess maybe both. Pretty stupid yeah

Metal Slash makes Hero 100% chance to win against ROB and Samus.

Attached: 1556298662537.jpg (657x527, 38K)

>metal boxes only on high and fish for metal slashes
that's fucking hilarious and I'm sure someone's gonna do it now just for the memes

nah massive damage to metal box players too

generally for casual play

no the horns were synth, the rising section was ass you can tell

It lets you hunt Metal Slimes more effectively

ROB is made of plastic

>They also have Giga Bowser and Ganon as bosses with Bowser and Ganondorf in the game so Meta Ridley shouldn't be a problem.
In fairness, those are distinct transformations (though the way they handle it is weird - both Bowser and Ganondorf transform, yet you get Ganondorf before fighting Ganon, unlike Bowser/Giga Bowser). Meta Ridley isn't as extreme as those, to the point that he's an alt for Ridley already.

I'm not the one whining about it and it doesn't have to come from a pack, just an update. I'm just saying. Everyone else has at least 5 tracks. I like the normal battle and normal boss themes but there could be more.

Damn. That single song from Dragon Quest 8 made the whole package worth it for me, but the MIDI version is just a shell of it.

Attached: 1401300016564.png (469x361, 110K)

It's a meme in the movepool, there has to be a dud when it comes to RNG selections. Like 1 and 2 on Mr Game & Watche's judge.

Yeah that's true, maybe switch him with a Metroid or a Metroid Prime.

good times
i miss 5 years ago

POST YFW CUNNY CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

Attached: 2019_07_30 335.jpg (1007x762, 128K)

Much stronger than either metal or plastic, he's made of Nintendium.

youtube.com/watch?v=aEwo8zacJcc

>1:00

>one of the game its promoting has the main feature of included an updated orchestra sound track
>smash doesn't feature it
weird as fuck to me.

Its just a casual play move, same goes for Hocus Pocus that does a random effect (which no one in their right mind would use in a competitive setting).

Reposting from other thread.
Oomph: raises attack power. 40% damage with fully charge forward smash damage. 16 MP
Pysche up: raises attack power for 1 HIT, kills at 64.1% with an uncharged Forward smash 14 MP
Bounce: reflects projectiles last about 10 seconds. 14 MP
Heals: reduce damage. 7 MP
Flame slash: attacks wide area. 22% damage. 12 MP
Kacrackle Slash: freezes opponent. 13% damage. 11 MP
Acceleratle: increases speed, 11 MP
Kaboom: projectile explosion, 2% first hit, 28% total. 37 MP.
Snooze: projectile that puts opponent to sleep. 16 MP
Thwack: can 1HKO, higher chance with higher percentage. 30 MP
Zoom: Recover from ANYWHERE. 8 MP
Kaclang: Invincible for limited time. 6MP
Metal slash: One-hit ko metal oponnent, 6 MP.
Hocus Pocus: random effect. 4MP
Magic Burst: generate a explosion like the Smart Bomb Item. 47% damage with full MP. 96 MP
Kamikaze: Extremly powerful explosion. 1 MP

Didn't we see Sizzle show up in the reveal trailer? What happened to that?

>new adventure mode difficulty
>very easy
Fuck I wanted a harder mode

Attached: 284039342.jpg (376x411, 31K)

He only listed down B specials
Frizzle is neutral B
Zap is Side B
Swoosh is Up B

What if Hocus Pocus lets you do Puff Puff?

Sizzle showed up in the menu in the trailer. It IS a down B move and it's not the same as Frizzle

should probably mention that Kamikazee is a suicide move

everybody is gonna hate your game

>One-hit ko metal oponnent, 6 MP.

So not specific characters but when they grab a Metal Box

To be fair, probably half the reason that final destination/battlefield forms for each a stage are a thing is for situations like this, where you can have the stage's aesthetics and music see at least somewhat frequent use, if the stage hazards are a little too much

When did break the targets and home run contest become a meme? Did anybody actually play those for anything but achievements? I swear you guys will find any excuse in the universe to be entitled brats.

Attached: 1564274548362.jpg (500x384, 38K)

Is this the thing people post when they dont have an argument?

We might not have even seen every spell guys, Sizzle was in the E3 trailer but we never saw it in the presentation

Attached: 65 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Dragon Quest Reveal Trailer E3 2019 YouTube.png (191x105, 45K)

Either opponents with a metal box, or Hero using kaclang. Really niche.

Because the orchestra version have their own copyright, watch the end of hero trailer

To be fair, 64/Melee Break the Targets had unique stages for each character, which had some unique asthetics.
People might be thinking moreso of that, despite not being as feasible nowadays.

Maybe but I want more people to at least try the series out.

I want Fizzle that stops fighters from being able to use specials for a while. Stopspell is an mvp every time a replay DQ1

Could've been cut. IT'd be weird if they didnt go over every move in his own video.

> tournament scene wants to prevent retards from using land to make incredibly cheesy kills and inescapable combos that shouldn't work using characters who don't have any air game for a VERY GOOD REASON
> this is them having a stick up their ass, not good balance sense
> the people who complain about people who take smash seriously are inevitably the same people who are mad about touch of death combos in more traditional fighting games
fuck

Attached: 1541952532251.gif (320x287, 781K)

Seeing this just gave me a really silly idea for a FFTA-based stage:

>Stage is just called Ivalice, is based around some FFTA battlefield
>A Judge appears as a stage hazard
>Every so often, the Judge will enact a Law that bans a random thing (No Special Moves, No Physical Attacks, No Items, etc.)
>If you violate this Law, you receive either a Yellow Card or a Red Card
>Yellow Card: take a significant amount of damage, knocked a considerable distance
>Red Card: instant KO

Wouldn't that just be completely stupid? I bet everyone would hate it.

Now I understand why Palutena got her customs removed.

Solo used it in the demo against Sakurai. It leaves a fire trail on the ground. It uses 9 MP

You can turn stage hazards off.

Eh, could probably work. Seems kinda Warioware-esque.

Not seeing Hatchet Man in that list.

kill yourself

bye bye! no one will miss you

Wait, no, sorry, 20 MP. I was looking at Bang, which is the lesser form of Kaboom. Looks like Hero has more spells then we thought.

Hocus Pocus is going to be so fucking hype:
>match starts
>commentators look at Command Menu
>Hocus Pocus
>oh shit
>Uses Hocus Pocus
>activate Curry/Lightning Bolt/Giant Mushroom/STAR POWER
>opponent sweats

>Joker is released
>Everyone on Yea Forums loses their shit
>Hero is about to release any minute now
>Barely two threads made

Yeah, I'm thinking Ultimate is dead, boys.

No, it wasn't. It was used by Solo in the demonstration. It's 20 MP. There is also Bang, which is a lesser form of KaBoom and uses 9 MP

Based Samurai

I think the americans are still asleep

>any minute now
he comes out at 9 est. 9 and a half hours.

People that are afraid of making “walk off’s” illegal are stupid. Where’s the balls on these people?

>Command menu is clunky RNG, meaning the actual useful parts of Hero are just Link+Robin
Get good.
Maybe try playing the game for fun instead of being a tourneyfag.
>Shit mii costume selection with nothing from outside of Dragon Quest
Opinion
>World of Light new content is retarded baby mode instead of an ultra hard or new fights
Don't play on Very Easy then
Still a decent selection given that it's Square Enix
>Stingy spirit selection, half a page shorter than Joker's
Still a decent selection given that it's Square Enix, FF had a total of zero
>No new songs for Midgar
Blame Square Enix
>No boss rush
>No home run contest
>No break the targets
I'll give you these, hopefully they put these in a future update

Nobody gave a single shit about black shulk

>I just want comfy Banjo music in tourney play.
Then use the omega/battlefield version of it?

Fuck Fire Emblem.
Fuck Xenoblade
Fuck Final Fantasy

The Toriyama boys are where it's at.

Attached: D-Rx5TRUcAAp-lw.png (1056x858, 315K)

got a source on that?

HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD
HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD

SOMEONE
HOW DOES TOURNAMENT ONLINE WORK? IS IT ONLY WITH RANDOMS? FUCK RESPOND

You can't argue with the unreasonable so it's best to just shut them down entirely.

HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD HOES MAD

idk FF and DQ are both dope. t. Cloud main who had a DQ rep (Erdrick/Slime) as his most wanted

Attached: 1e642789ffcf0c5b1f8a4847bea2f7778b65e579.jpg (800x600, 120K)

Seething twitter raider. Yea Forums hates hero. Sakurai cant ignore it

>the loli is the only one who gets a mii costume
why?

Attached: 1545300707342.webm (1280x720, 2.29M)

>Sakurai shitting on SE again

Love it, I'm shocked they haven't shut him down after his remarks about one company being a huge pain in the ass.

I guess she's popular among the DQ community.

can I have a timestamp please?

Yeah that video straight up drained the hype away from this character.

Worst part is you can't even criticize anything because the child army come out frothing at the mouth with "HOES MAD"

Attached: Hero hype in 2 moments.png (606x298, 31K)

>472295220
absolutely seething

Can't have risque designs in Smash.

>All that sameface
Toriyama is a hack

i can't tell if this is ironic or not, please help me.
hoes mad is a blight upon the dq fanbase and is the new plant gang, which was also trash.

>472295220
Reminder to everyone that this is an underage twitter user. The song comes from a zoomer rapper

Ignore it. Do not give Hero zoomers replies

leffen bitches constantly so that isn't surprising.

>following Leffen, the quintessential bitch boy of the melee community

Sylvando is going to rape kirby

>472295502
isn't this reportable for spamming/flooding

Cause Toriyama is a pedo

this is the first sword faggot im ever playing in smash ask me anything

This looks like complete quick play cancer and I'm 100% sure to rage at dying to people who just pick the first spell on the list every time and it fucking works. Then also killing me at 50% off a random smash attack when mine kill at 130%.
However it looks retardedly fun to play.

>Hero is busted waah waaah
Oh yeah? Where are his tournament wins?

What is your favorite melee weapon?

>Can't choose your spells
What the fuck is this garbage? Why?
>he'd be too powerful if you could!
Don't hand me that shit.

>spirit
it actually has more, since two of the spirits are enhanceable + 4 fighter spirits

Here is Bang
youtu.be/6_dfLR3R14M?t=774
Here is Sizzle
youtu.be/6_dfLR3R14M?t=777

Very disappointed overall, but one good thing came from this:

Geno gets the boot! Say it with me folks: Demoted from mii costume! I bet it sold like shit in Smash 4 because nobody but a loud minority cares about this nobody

>Don't hand me that shit.
but that's the reason why????????? i don't get it?????????????????????

How does it feel to be on the right side of history?

Or the DQ Hero when they cast Kaclank on themselves.

You get to pick one of 4 random spells.

those awful, awful 0 to death combos within the first 2 seconds of a match

Hope you guys are ready for the next smash character to be another Famicom classic that is super popular in Japan for some reason.

I'm looking at you Spelunker

Attached: 1563816499039.gif (400x371, 62K)

>characters without air game aren't allowed stages that compliment them because I said so
>good reason

fuck I hate tourneyfags so much. god fucking forbid that anyone play on a stage where the likes of little mac and co. are viable, nope, it's gotta be a floating platform because I said so and my flashy jump around character has to be the best

fuck off nigger

Attached: nqkt9ze38i831.png (400x600, 288K)

>Not being excited for online tourney

Hero and Banjo-Kazooie already are cool. It doesn't really matter what the last two are.

They also mentioned hatchet man for a quick second.

It's almost like little mac was also a stupidly designed character to begin with too.

Maybe the same type of niggers who thought Misfire/Judge and Hero's kit were the same level of RNG shouldn't get to be taken seriously on their input about competitive play.

If you played the game you'd know how she's the best character.

You don't get to pick the rules. Enjoy your laggy FFAs.

>somehow even worse than smash 4
>can't make your own rule
>one tournament at a time set by nintendo

Ashley vs Veronica mii fights?

>t. Arbiter of fair and balanced gameplay and competitive commentary
Crawl out your ass

You know, I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I dislike Genofags for all the smug dickishness they had towards DQfags before release, but on the other hand I actually liked the mii costume and kind of miss it. It fit over the Gunner pretty well and I don't necessarily hate Geno himself, more so just his supporters. A lot of the Mii costumes are dumb stuff I would never use anyways, so the costumes that can actually make a mii resemble another character are my absolute favorites. On the bright side though, all those DQ costumes were perfect.

There should have been like 20 more costumes. Dragon Quest has a lot of cool designs.

It's mostly because if someone uses the invincibility spell (the metal one) it punishes them

He's not if you don't play the game exclusively according to your retarded tourneyfag ruleset where 90% of stages are banned because they're not as good for characters the people who make the rules like. Instead, stages for characters they don't like are banned forever with no hope of ever being unbanned.

>RANDOM CRITS

Bruh

Attached: 300px-Critical.png (300x270, 101K)

>3 hours laters
>barely any threads
>threads are slow as fuck
Nobody give a fuck about this character.

I would have loved an Alena Brawler and Madason Swordfighter.

Hero is so obviously shit it's unbelievable. I really wanted him to be good but the shit magic system and the terrible frame data is a death sentence. Banjo also looks like shit, based on frame data. I don't enjoy Joker's playstyle, but hopefully we get someone as good as him with a different playstyle next.

So the average reaction time for a human is 16 frames, if we are being generous, we'll say this:
-You can select the Down B move in about 25 frames
-If the 4 spells are horse shit, you press Shield, +11 Frames PLUS another 25 frames to react to the next move. 61 Total
- Rinse and repeat adding 35 frames to the equation.

The best hero player will be the fastest guy that can choose the move in the menu.

Did the update come out already?

Gotta wait 3 months for Banjo. Although old, at least people outside of japan have played his games

Wasn't Geno costume the most used one or at least up there? also Chocobo hat didn't come back
Then again this is a Enix update and not Squaresoft

I guess you think monado is useless too,

I'm actually shocked Martial Artist III got in.

Your franchise is inferior to Star Ocean 2 alone and your character is a waste of a slot.

No amount of extra modes will salvage a broken netcode, which should be priority number 1 on the fix it list. Especially considering they expect people to pay them for this online.

>smash babies already crying rivers out because of muh rng
this is why i could never take this community serious, cool game but the people playing it are literal children

ITT nintendo cope

Well you can't use Hero(F), Warrior and Goof-Off are banned for being too sexual, and Cleric/Mage/Sage/Thief don't map to one of the archetypes as well.

RNG doesn't bother me because I'm not a tourneyfag competitive wannabe. What bothers me is all the resource management bullshit they've been shoehorning into Smash characters lately. Remember when smash characters were simple and you didn't have to constantly wrry about running out of some form of ammo for all your moves? Jesus christ.

K

I've seen people already say he should be banned.

Unironically based

Robin has Elwind recharge to deal with and Wario has the bike cooldown. As long as you manage MP it should be fine, especially since it regenerates automatically and not just after using a move.

those characters still exist.

Best character, thats why

Attached: angry cat.png (800x800, 390K)

Characters WITH air game have their air game made exponentially more powerful by the presence of extra land too you fucking retard. Stages with walk-offs give 99% of the cast some retarded option that's neither fun to watch, perform, or be subjected to. I know you think the competitive rules are arbitrary and stupid, but trust me, once you've played with them I doubt you'll really be able to enjoy playing without the same way.

GAO GAO GAO GAOGAIGAR

So every ultimate newcomer before DLC?

> stand still for 3 seconds trying to get the right spell
Or take what's on the menu on your first use or maybe after one reset, letting you do it in under a second.
Four moves out of the selection you're given means that unless you're banking on some absurdly cheap shit and using it at retarded times you'll do fine.

what about hazards off spiral mountain?

>FF had a total of zero
But that's wrong

I wish this game had melee tier staying power so we could eventually get some autistic savant that can do it perfectly every time.

Characters who actually focus on resource management
> Robin
> Hero
> ???

Characters I get the sense you're counting as "resource management":
> everyone with a store-able charge shot
> everyone with some kind of meter

Masahiro Sakurai. You have an actual, literal fucking dent in your skull. Not content in adding a character with a dozen random moves you had to give fucking random critical hits to him. You have no business creating a competitive game, because you have genuine, real-life brain damage, you unbelievable retard.

>I, III, IV, V , VIII, and XI all get into the costumes
>Terry cucks VI out of a costume
How based can American Trunks be?

He just went full "I fucking love Dragon Quest" with it.

considering he plays with items on, Im sure he doesnt make smash to be mainly competitive

Would Olimar count as resource management?

>Wagon Wheel's March
>not picking the superior DQ4 overworld theme
youtu.be/k-aJip8eDic

He doesn't want the game to be competitive, but he's been forced to realize that the competitive players aren't leaving.

It should've been obvious after what an overwhelmingly meh reaction he got from E3 in the west.

I'm waiting for Switch version of 9

HOES MAD

Attached: 2389683-wayfarersclothes.png (833x960, 979K)

How is it 2019 and you still think Sakurai wants Smash to be competitive?

>All the existential terror of being separated from your body and finding yourself in a dream world with no memories and possessing your original self who is understandably upset when you find him
>Game ends with separated from Ashlynn as she is native to dream world
VI had a hard life

Maybe, if you're feeling extra generous. But it only really counted back in Brawl, if at all.
Now it's such a miniscule deal to pick up and have a constant full stock of Pikmin, and only supreme autists actually care enough to manage WHICH they're using beyond occasionally using their down B to line up to launch a purple one with their side b.

He doesn't have to give a shit about competitive. You fucks should be grateful that he listened at all with all the competitive changes he made in Ultimate. If Hero is actually a problem then TOs can just ban him which they won't because they're the same retards that let Bayonetta rock.

FINAL

FUUUUUUUUU
SIOOOOOONNNNNNN

Looks fun. I like characters with moveset variety, which is why I main Pokémon Trainer.

Can't wait to replay World of Light with solo Erdrick.

>No Geno or Chocobo
Yeah I'm thinking they're in as the actual second Square character

It's really fitting too when you think about it.

...Maybe it's a good thing Hero didn't get to make it before EVO's patch deadline. Imagine the fucking festival of faggotry we'd have otherwise.

When Yamcha, the biggest cuck in Dragon Ball makes it into Smash over Goku

Attached: EAul_p4XsAESpbd.png (628x675, 545K)

Would be a blast for sure. The fights against Ganon and Rathalos definitely fit Erdrick. I did the same with Bayonetta after unlocking her. I'm still salty that Balder/Masked Lumen didn't end up being a boss...

So, we're not getting MIDI

>"several orchestrated music tracks from classic DRAGON QUEST games coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate "

nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/hero-from-the-dragon-quest-series-joins-super-smash-bros--ultimate-today/

>Hero mainly relies on luck and good menuing
I have a feeling I'm going to like this character. My years of playing turn based rpgs have prepared me for this.

>patch notes when

Tonight, same time Hero drops at 9 pm.

I can imagine that getting four VAs, licencing the music, and all the debugging dev time for the multitude of specials, on top of the standard licencing, is what drained the budget on Hero. I expect Banjo will get a more standard presentation simply because there is less of a drain on the budget for him.

The DQ8 battle theme in the video was the synthesized one from the 3DS port.

Just got to this part in my first DQ4 playthrough. I had no idea how deprived from music variety I was.

I suppose not all, but at least it gives hope

Now I'm worried about banjo. Will he get any unique mechanics or will he just be another boring-ass fighter?

>runs away while healing
>starts fighting
>runs away to heal again
>runs out of mana
>is forced to fight
>kills me in a single critical anyways
>respawn
>he just starts spamming smash attacks
>dodge them
>get grabbed and thrown off stage
>he casts snooze
>I fall asleep off stage
>stock stolen

HOW is this character not being banned from tournaments?
With Cloud, he was just really good.
With Bayonetta, she was just really annoying because you had to fight her a slow and tedious way.
Here, its a fanfiction OC come to life, he can do anything, and suffers no downsides. Tell me the downsides of having no mana and being left as a critical attack spamming piece of shit?

It takes slightly longer, but all the moves are pretty useful in some scenarios (Even Zoom and Kamakazi have their uses), on top of having far better range.

If you don’t get a 9 on Judge, you get mediocre results.
If you don’t get Thwack, you can still use Acceleratle, Kaboom, Psych Up, Snooze, Hatchet Man, Magic Burst, Metal Slash, ect.

I tried DQ9 years ago, it was awful
Never going back into DQ

As a Faust/Teddie/Platinum main Hero looks great!

your scenario implies you're shit at fighting

Based.
The guy has actively been ruining Smash since Brawl and people praise him for it because "he works hard :("

I'd be fine if he is a normal fighter. I love the gimmicky characters, but not everyone has to have some insane wacky gimmick.

>Get snoozed while off stage
Damn, I didn't think about this. It's hit box was also much bigger then I thought and it travels at the perfect pace. It's going to force people to recover low and set up some spike potential with dair. I wonder what the sweet spot on that is.

You are an absolutely clueless shitter.

it takes too much time to use the move. Down B doesn't read your mind and chooses the move for you.
You have to, read the move, process it AND then choose the move, funnily enough hero biggest drawback is the player itself, also RNG.

GOING MY WAY!

Fellow Faust bro, it's our time. Gambling chads rise up!

That's eight songs. Cloud could take those six if you needed them, that's just enough for all of the good songs.

Thats IF you rool snooze or not.

>>he casts snooze
>>I fall asleep off stage
No other sleep move makes you fall asleep if you're in the air, why would this one be different?

Don't worry, expect to encounter Wonder Wing spamming Banjo's online, since he is invincible when using it. Then, he will run out of golden feathers and just run around the stage avoid fighting until they regenerate.

>RNG the character
I don't think he's going to be OP but he's going to be Ness level's of annoying.

Attached: 1450829157337.jpg (137x264, 12K)

Square doesn't control the music. There's literally no evidence they didn't want him to return.

His mechanic will be the collectathon. Things like Golden feathers and eggs will appear on the stage and you'll need to grab them.

Item collecting mechanic? He had a golden feather meter in the trailer.

His gimmick is being the only Non-Human character in the Fighters pass.

Jigglypuff's up B doesn't do anything to airborne opponents, why the fuck would Snooze?

So Yea Forums, how will you fight "runs around and spams heal" guy online once you encounter him?

>Bayonetta being a problem compared to Meta Knight

even peach/daisy final smash doesn't do it, a normal b move would have even less reason to

Scorbunny isn't human.

RNG isn’t inherently broken.
It’s just that the Hero has multiple OHKO options with little Drawback.

>Can't wait to replay World of Light
but
but why

Simple, he's not always going to get heal and when he's stupidly fumbling and canceling his spell list to get heal, I'll come up and smash him.

How would that work with multiple Banjos fighting? It’s obviously just a cool down indicator for the move, nothing more.

Pray.

It happened in the direct, Sakurai hit the opponent while jumping and the opponent fell to the ground asleep

>exciting SE not to be Jews

>What spells can be used is randomized
>Must stand still to use it
>Doesn't even heal that much
Wii Fit heal is better my man.

Shame that you have to have a certain number of characters for the DLC fighters to unlock. So you'll have to put up with some shit before you even get Hero.

He’s not going to spam heal because there’s no guarantee you’ll get Heal in the menu and you can’t move while in menu.

>tfw Goku got into Smash before Dixie Kong

IT'S NOT FAIR

Attached: k4DVp4L.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

Because it happened in the video. Go back and watch the fight with the cpu.

I know that's why I'm saying he's going to be annoying
>multiple OHKO
With the exception of random crits, most of his KO moves require him to stand still.

Easy, you'll have to fight over them. More will spawn more frequently though, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It's only 10, right? That's not too bad. God help you if you want to use one of the lategame unlocks.

Zoom is an amazing Recovery.

Too bad you aren't guaranteed it everytime you get thrown off stage.

Don't get it I see, you can spam the menu to spam heal. The randomized part of the menu means nothing.

If Hero is so good where are his results? No one has ever won a tournament with him. He has no results.

Yeah, Ridley, Richter, Cloud, all world of dark and pretty far into one of the corners. I think Bayo is even further then that as well. I have only just started playing it seriously since a bunch of other things ended up distracting me away from Smash.

You can spam, but you gotta be way too quickly to not be punished by selecting in the menu, and hell, one little mistake and you could get Kamikazee.

So really, it's not like he is completely broken.

yeah, you pretty much have to gample using downB offstage for one chance to get it, and if you don't you have to airdodge or use another spell to maybe have a chance to recover normally

>wanting more damned monkeys

Attached: 20918010.gif (498x278, 354K)

Activating menu is actually FASTER then activating limit charge with Cloud.

Imagine using him against Willy in WoL

periodic match rule changes, but we dunno how often that means.

>Get thrown off stage
>Didnt get Zoom
>Cant cancel menu (?)
Whats even the point

Attached: 1552624930417.png (784x638, 377K)

And leave yourself wide open in the process of menu selecting?

Seems to me like you’re just bad at video games

wtf you're right
that's retarded

All of their eyes have a different shape, retard.

>"You can cancel the menu by pressing R"
you probably can with R button. Either way, the regular Up-B fully charged is crazy good even if it cost mana.

I want to hug the Celestrian.

There's honestly way to many spells to the point it just becomes silly.

They should've just given each Hero their own list of spells.

user have you played DQ? Thwack is so unreliable.

>I expect Banjo will get a more standard presentation simply because there is less of a drain on the budget for him.
yeah probably, might be simpler without having 20 gimmicks as well
>Will he get any unique mechanics or will he just be another boring-ass fighter?
banjo's gimmick will be his disjoints and him feeling like he was designed with smash 64's philosophy since its kinda been coming for a while, calling it now.
a lot of his stuff will come with his music, representing his tools accurately, maybe spirits and mii costumes. honestly hope that they make him like that since unlike any other 3rd party he would of been in before brawl had it not been for the buy out and sakurai being awkward with western studios.

You should just cast something and then try again. A neutral air dodge should allow you enough time for another if you aren't too far down as well. A typical player should get about two tries to Zoom if they are fast enough. The real problem comes once you do get back to the platform, placed about in the center, maybe even at your spawn point for the match. Which means that you will get hit by anyone not stupid. Zoom seems like it will be completely worthless as a recovery.

>The fact that 2 seconds of time on land (that never repeats) is a tournament ban should maybe be your hint the tournament scene is a little too up its own ass.
Yeah, it's definitely the walkoff, and not the goddamn random items and enemies.

She's the same height as the Smash Miis, I guess

No, hoes mad is a thing because hoes were actually mad and treated Banjo and DQ like shit. This is them paying for it. They can stay mad.

Attached: Bromance.jpg (1180x873, 100K)

He’d give you a hug because he’s a nice guy

>cant cancel menu
you can
pretty much everything that can be canceled by shield(Samus charge shot, Sheik needles, shit like that) can also be canceled with jump

then don't use it to fight? Use it when you finsih a stock, it gives you enough time to do at best 2 heals.

Does Zoom just send you to the center of the stage? Seems insanely predictable.

did you already got Hero? a video is not a way to properly measure how a character will work.

go watch the vid, there's actually some substantial lag between menu switching with R. Also heal apparently takes hefty amount of MP.

It’s called turning stage hazards off.

But either way, the stage won’t be legal cause “muh music copyright”

Pol's mad

Hero basically plays like a Binding Of Isaac run. You just re roll until you get what you want.

I think it sends you back to where you last were at on the stage, even if you were combo'd off from the middle, you'll probably end back up there, basically where your character was standing last time you were on the stage.

Who you maining boys
I’m with my boy Terry repping Monsters like a fucking fiend

Attached: 8FBC78D4-3578-4A03-B60E-1C6E61A2BB59.jpg (200x245, 9K)

? Still enough time to choose and use at least 2 times.
RNG will always be a factor ,so, sometimes no matter how much you try, the move you want may not show up in the menu, but technically you could use two. That's why i said at best 2 heals.

there's too much lag to spam it.

Holy shit zoom looks so cool

That is some bullshit.

Meant for

Shut up zoomer lol
ORIGINAL JOKE

Actually you’re right. Who knows, we’ll have to see when he drops later tonight to really get a feel for him.

Bayonetta and Palutena are literally the last characters you can get, they're located in the very last map before Galeem and Dharkon, with Palutena in Galeem's side and Bayo in Dharkon. If you want to play as either of them it's ideal to do New Game Plus.

I played Boss Rush all the time. It was a big thing for my friends and I to put it on Intense and see how far we could get

Japan and /dqg/ must be fucking cumming right now.

>crits

Attached: 1487832663678.jpg (800x600, 153K)

Terry is definitely the best looking of the bunch.
t. doesn't play DQ

didnt bitch boy retire from ultimate? (when the twitch subs died down that is)

Attached: 155223900341.jpg (727x744, 79K)

That's a nice post, thank you. I really do need to go and play DQ IX the right way sometime soon.

Gonna go with Solo because I love the Zenithian Trilogy, and IV is great as well. Also going with Terry Eight because VI is my favourite DQ game, and as you said, I want to rep monsters as well. Also default Luminary because why not.

Leffen would bitch at his own shadow for stalking him, this is nothing new.

>taking leffen seriously
he doesn't even takes himself seriously ffs

I don't even play or give a fuck about smash but I watched the direct out of curiosity and holy shit the hero seems like it'll be OP in the hands of a good player. Seems like a fighter you'd need 200 IQ to play to the fullest though. Then again isn't smash known for being wildly unbalanced? Either way. The hype and discussion around the DLC fighters is interesting even if I most likely won't end up buying smash. 8/10 keep up the good work samurai

Truth. Fucking Smash 4.

Money on the line doesn't make stage elements any less a learnable part of the game and yes they fucking are because most people you find online that know what they're doing will insist on the tournament rules.

yes he does, if he didn't he'd be way easier to take seriously

Slime hat jiggling is so cute

>Halberd used to be legal in Brawl
The key word is "used to", because it turns out it was fucking busted in Brawl especially.

It’ll require a lot of playing Keep-Away and a lot of management to ensure you always have enough mana to recover

Only because meta knight sharked there

>Then again isn't smash known for being wildly unbalanced?

With a cast this large balance is inevitably going to be an issue but Ultimate shockingly has quite a healthy top tier. Unlike the previous two games there is no character which is clearly more OP than any other top tier character, and there is a nice assortment of playstyles represented in the top tier.

Why are you doing damage control for him?

THIS. I'm extremely tempted to purchase him. Just having a little buddy up there grooving around seems like a slurpendous idea. Just like the Inkling Squid hats.

? Leffen is a clown and everyone knows it, im just stating facts.

Which is a really good reason to ban it.

I agree that Ultimate went to hard on banning too early, though.

Smash is widely unbalanced in basically every iteration but 64. Ultimate is by far the most balanced but with a cast this large it's hard to tell.

I've only played 5 Dragon Quest games and this directly really excites me. Weird how I didn't feel this way with various reveals of different series I consider myself more of a fanboy. Guess it might because those tended to have their stuff over many years.

> every iteration but 64
> where there's no DI and Kirby has hitboxes double the size of his hurtbox
> where there's one legal stage

Attached: 1552952423575.png (315x404, 161K)

My brother!