tcrf.net/Hey!_Pikmin
youtube.com/watch?v=8H_HuzCUXc4
youtube.com/watch?v=w6z4_dbIRcs
youtube.com/watch?v=-lLK0t06HKw
youtube.com/watch?v=IHQADbGJXm0
youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ikt9RJCNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice

Hey, would you guys mind if I drop some of stuff off here?

Attached: Careeningdirigibug.jpg (162x246, 9K)

Haha what a happy and light-hearted series...

Yes
Cute plant fellas

Attached: 200px-Pikmin2boxart.jpg (200x284, 19K)

WHERE'S PIKMIN 4 MIYAMOTO

Attached: hermit crawMAD.jpg (1242x1072, 142K)

Where is it

Attached: ftdrgfdzxb.png (1604x432, 94K)

I dunno but Hey! Pikmin sure as hell did not scratch the Pikmin itch.
If anything it made it worse.

Attached: Capture.png (853x479, 650K)

at this point it's gonna take another 9 years like it did for 3

Attached: pikmincomic.jpg (784x1019, 204K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sNfVBKE2tRQ
When the fuck will I be able to play as the President in Smash

Honestly I don't get why every Captain isn't an alternate skin. I mean we have Olimar, Louie, the President, Alph, Brittany, and Charlie! That's 6 right there.

Also, is it me or do Hey! Pikmin enemies feel really... unnatural looking. I dunno what it is but even though enemies were weird in the main Pikmin games, at least they felt like they had a place in the world.
They look like fucking toys in this game.

Attached: Mockiwi.png (198x173, 45K)

I hope Pikmin 4 is announced soon just so we can see more stuff from map-user

Attached: 1553104795487.jpg (1024x768, 217K)

I get the feeling. They seem more like imitations than being made in genuine Pikmin style.

Yeah. I guess it also has to do with the 3DS making 3D games look pretty crusty.

Honestly Hey! Pikmin in general has a very unnatural-feeling world. But, I guess that's what happens when you make something like Pikmin into a platformer.

It's a shame, because the natural, almost ecological feel of Pikmin is one of it's greatest strengths.

Post good areas.

Attached: perplexingpool.jpg (400x300, 29K)

Everywhere in one and consequently, 2. Plus Valley of Repose and Awakening Wood. So much of my childhood was spent there and not perplexing pool because the bulbear scared me

Attached: awakening wood.png (800x600, 665K)

Indeed. All three games have tons of atmosphere.
I feel like the music adds to it too, especially with pic related. I don't recall a single good song in Hey! Pikmin.
Jokes on you pretty much all areas are good areas.

Attached: 11D4E4C5-EC81-4F7F-98F2-4EFCC13FB41D.jpg (400x300, 41K)

>messing around in Perplexing Pool as a younger lad
>Beady drops in outta fucking NOWHERE
My little heart almost fucking stopped.

Attached: DCD996A5-A54D-43B4-9D16-EB6A3524723F.jpg (639x624, 35K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: gatlinggroink.png (492x673, 404K)

Attached: DCm9QFTUQAA2nvn.jpg (1644x1242, 127K)

How do you feel about Bloysters?

Attached: bloyster.png (251x116, 48K)

>Spoiler
This but with the Distant Spring, the first time I got there as a little faggot I woke up the Smoky Progg and I never went back there until I got all the parts in the other areas.

Attached: Smoky_progg_by_who_stole_my_name-d570tur.jpg (790x1010, 123K)

Attached: Pikmin-ImpactSite.jpg (1560x1466, 508K)

Fuck that one Groink in that water-filled sublevel in the Dream Den in particular.
I'm kinda sad they got rid of the moo in Pikmin 3.
>Smoky Progg
What the fuck even is that thing anyway? Isn't it like a fucked up Mamuta larva or something?

Attached: Pikmin-ForestOfHope.jpg (1584x2344, 1008K)

Attached: Pikmin-ForestNavel.jpg (1830x2133, 864K)

Attached: Pikmin-DistantSpring.jpg (1328x2090, 609K)

>Isn't it like a fucked up Mamuta larva or something?
That's what Olimar thinks it is anyway. I personally like to think it's some kind of rival to the Wraiths.

Attached: Pikmin-FinalTrial.jpg (1254x2481, 839K)

Wasn't it something like every 30th day that area would just become really dangerous. Beady drops in by spawn, theres the red and black regenerating bulborbs running around. Probably more but it's been a while since I last played. Did it happen in any other areas on a cycle?

Ah. They're so radically different that the hypothesis makes a bit of sense.
Speaking of Wraiths, I wonder what they're gonna do this time. After all, they already pulled the final boss card with Plasm Wraith (Best Pikmin final boss imo. Also the out-of-bounds boss bubble during its fight is concerning), so how will they expand on these weirdos and will they further allude to the classic Umibozu thing?
So many fucking mysteries, man.
Yeah, I think a Bulbear appears and of course Beady drops in.
Also in Wistful Wild (On the 30th day I think) these little bugs called Ujadani appear and give sprays and nectar when smacked, I think.

I thought i was in /tg/ for a second there, that's nice.

Attached: 1536102213493.jpg (225x225, 5K)

How does Pikmin manage to have such a high tier setting?

Whats the most convenient to replay these games? Gamecube or wii u?

>Best final boss
>Not Titan Dweevil
I'd recommend Wii. Point controls are ace for these games.

Pikmin needs an enemy based off these guys.

Attached: iberian-ribbed-newt.jpg (500x314, 171K)

Titan Dweevil's cool, but it's such a fucking headache to fight without doing the Yellow Pikmin strategy. The flamethrower in particular is a pain in the ass due to stunlocking.
Titan Dweevil's definitely got the best design and music though though. A fucking weapon-wielding spider and the final phase music is GOOD SHIT.

Pikmin has the best natural environments in any game bar none.

Gardening is nice

Attached: empress bulblax.webm (640x480, 2.96M)

Jesus christ I just realized they even got the pulsating right with Empress Bulblax

when does louie say olimar in pikmin 2? was it unused?

god i wish that were me

He randomly says it sometime in caves

>laughs at u

Attached: witheringblowhog.png (480x290, 165K)

>hides behind gate/treasure

Gates don't save you. You ever have one of these bastards spawn behind a gate you need to break? You're practically forced to throw your flowers away.

have you guys seen the unused content amount in hey! pikmin? it's fucking insane

I really miss this series. It has such a level of depth and charm to it that it's been in my heart ever since that first release. 1 and 2 especially, they had a certain level of isolation, atmosphere, and naturalism that feel really unique. And the music was so fucking good.

I really hope 4 comes out soon and that it does well, I feel like these games are criminally underplayed.

I know. I was just listing off the more assholish things they do. Fuck that one that camps behind the Anti-Hiccup Fungus.
Pikmin games in general are FILLED with unused content. Though, I haven't checked out the density of Hey! Pikmin's unused shit yet, mainly just the enemies which there's a lot of.

Also why is it that Pikmin 3's credits manage to make me teary-eyed (especially during the ending) yet games that try to be all sad get no reaction out of me.
youtube.com/watch?v=XTL42dT0vVM

wait where did the building come from

>have you guys seen the unused content amount in hey! pikmin? it's fucking insane

post some please, sounds interesting

Attached: pikmin7.jpg (250x206, 5K)

pikminwiki.com/Unused_content_in_Hey!_Pikmin
tcrf.net/Hey!_Pikmin

>people say Pikmin 2 is the worst game
>Complain you got all the time in the world but just too much to do
>Think I am insane to have beaten the game under 20 days. (18 days really, but still)

I just like the idea of collecting human garbage and seeing what aliens think about it. That whole "Pets rule over mankind' idea of dumbness as they are amazed how our garbage is super weapons to them. I want to collect more dumb garbage and have it evalutated for cash like
>Bullet
>Sunglasses
>N64 cartridge
>Broken Amiibo piece
>Rabbits foot

Wait, people say Pikmin 2 sucks?

Also I fucking love the treasure logs or whatever. I just really like how Olimar not only describes treasures the best he can, but also occasionally reflects in his logs.
Someday in the not-so-near future, I want to make a game that's like an homage to Pikmin 2. But first I need to learn how to make games. Ha!

I think the major complaint is about the caves, and how jumbled up and poorly lain out they can be.

Honestly, I enjoyed them. Especially the music in them (Jellyfloat Pool is best song). Though I can see why folks would dislike them.

bumpmin

Claim your favorite song in Pikmin

youtube.com/watch?v=8H_HuzCUXc4

Dang, I was searching through my place and found my old gamecube but couldnt found my old pikmin copies.

manythanks
youtube.com/watch?v=w6z4_dbIRcs

>still no Pikmin on Switch

Attached: bridge.jpg (700x800, 192K)

MIYAMOTO I SWEAR TO GOD, I HAD BETTER SEE PIKMIN 4 BEFORE 2022

Pikmin 3 was literally the only Wii U game that I liked

Eh, there were quite a few I enjoyed. Like Nintendo Land, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart, Smash, Wind Waker (which barely counts since it's a port)...
Huh, that's actually not that much. But Pikmin 3 is my favorite Wii U title for sure.

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect.
youtube.com/watch?v=-lLK0t06HKw

I got it for free from some promotion, but I forget what it was. So it was a pretty great deal for me.

Goddamn that's a good one too.
>Pikmin 3
>For free
Holy shit that's a fucking deal right there

Was it the mario kart 8 promo? I already had pikmin 3 so I got WWHD with it.

yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=IHQADbGJXm0

Do you guys think Nintendo would be able to pull of online multiplayer for Pikmin without it being a lagfest?
Pikmin 3 Bingo battle mode was one of the best Nintendo multiplayer experience I ever played, but I didn't get to play it much, since then I always wanted Pikmin 4 to have online.
But then I played Mario Maker 2 online and I remembered how incompetent Nintendo is when it comes to online, and a game like Pikmin wouldn't be simple to do especially for nintendo.

I already had pikmin 3 so I got WWHD with it.
Same

Attached: 1433192032954.jpg (400x400, 137K)

thirded

Attached: wonder.jpg (500x500, 166K)

>online Pikmin
This would unironically make a rad battle royale concept. Or maybe there could be an online mode in general that rehashes Pikmin 2's battle mode and Bingo Battle as well as making other little online-based stuff.

So yeah, Pikmin could totally work with online stuff, it's just we'd have Nintendo doing it and that's worrying.

Splatoon

I dropped splatoon when I played the demo and realized that you needed to use gyro controls

youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ikt9RJCNk

>Cryptic Cavern
>Have to defeat a Burrowing Snagret with 10 Pikmin without losing them
>Have to go through 5 boring-ass sublevels just to get to it
Fuck
Honestly Submerged Castle is kinda overhyped. I mean yeah it's stressful, but in my most recent playthrough of Pikmin 2 I made it through all 4 sublevels without Waterwraith appearing once.

shacho

Attached: White_pikmin.jpg (800x416, 18K)

Everyone stole them via piracy.
No profitable.

Oh yeah, I forgot they were meant to be paid for.
I still do wish we could at least get more animated things involving Pikmin. The potential is fucking endless.

>don't use gyro
>still end up with better score and more kills than my teammates 75% of the time

Attached: curious carrots.gif (1400x600, 167K)