*kills Unreal Engine, Unity and Cryengine*

based

Attached: 2fa0lo3jbdd31.png (589x660, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gf5mMWHWNYc?t=954
docs.godotengine.org/en/3.1/getting_started/scripting/visual_script/getting_started.html
youtu.be/NpE1ig6NdcA
github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/23998#issuecomment-497951825
reddit.com/r/godot/comments/bvx2kf/developer_vblanco201_has_been_working_on_a/
youtube.com/watch?v=5ki3tGMuQCI
youtube.com/watch?v=b64lKqbbaUM
zeromatrix.itch.io/rpginabox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doubt

>literally no one uses it
dead on arrival

I'm sorry user, even GameMaker is better than Godot.

Can it start a C# project without immediately crashing yet?

Is he finally fixing all the problems and adding missing features in the 3D renderer or is he just porting his abortion to Vulkan?

>Usable
Goddamn Juan, where is the GLES3.0 optimzations ?

in that case it should have an impressive list of games that have been made with it. It's been 3 years. It does have more than 2 phone games to its credit by now, right? riiiiiiiiight?

Can it build to Consoles (where the real money is at) like the Xbone, PS4, Switch, etc. yet?

GLES3 in Godot is dead. He's getting rid of it for Vulkan.

yep

Unity was released in 2005, engines take time to be adopted by the market.

I don't think he is giving up on GLES3, he wants to have Vulkan fully implemented as a marketing features for Godot.

VISUAL SCRIPTING FOR US PLEBS WHEN

It exists but abandoned.

Already implemented.

>as a marketing features for Godot
Yeah, I remember how his 3.0 marketing features turned out.

Anons, how do you make the leap to working on your own game engine? I can script, do some shaders, organize logic and manage pretty well when it comes to games. But this seems like a whole other beast, how would you even begin to make heads or tails of it?

youtu.be/Gf5mMWHWNYc?t=954

>he dont know

You guys serious?
That's the only reason I was still using unreal. How is it

never heard of it

Juan is a moron that doesn't want to use C++11 because auto and lambdas scare him. But his engine is pretty based. I like it.

It took this guy 7 years to write godot. You don't stand a chance.

It's slower than GDScript, which is already the slowest thing on the planet. It's also buggy and barely functional. It's also a dead feature that Juan won't update again.

deprecated

is ok, but still need work

docs.godotengine.org/en/3.1/getting_started/scripting/visual_script/getting_started.html

youtu.be/NpE1ig6NdcA

Why don't you just make your own computer? Why don't you reinvent the wheel?

To be honest, any dev more skilled scares him, remember vblanco ?

Im working my way through 'learn python the hard way'
should I try fucking around with a game engine like godot or should i just keep reading through the book?

No idea who that is. Can you give me a quick rundown? I want to contribute to godot but their restrictions piss me off.

both

>I want to contribute to godot
Don't. Ever. Juan gets $12k a month to work on this piece of shit, make him earn it himself.

github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/23998#issuecomment-497951825
>A LOT of these improvements are mergeable into godot, IF godot supported modern C++ and had a multithreading system that allow very cheap "small" tasks.
reddit.com/r/godot/comments/bvx2kf/developer_vblanco201_has_been_working_on_a/
>I discussed with vblanco already. This work will not be merged into master (but may be used as reference), as the entire rendering code is being rewritten for the Vulkan port. Similar (and even greater) performance improvements should be expected for Godot 4.0.

If you can contribute, would be good, but don't create expectations, juan is a weird guy.

It is there but it will never get updated or anything like that which is why people don't talk about it.

Godot also would have had Vulkan a year ago had Juan swallowed his ego and went with bgfx.

I want to implement 3D brush tools similar to the good old hammer editor, to make it possible to iterate on complex level geometry without a modelling tool.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ki3tGMuQCI
youtube.com/watch?v=b64lKqbbaUM

If that motherfucker Juan doesn't like my code, I'll fork the entire fucking engine and take everyone who isn't a baby ducked luddite with me.

Attached: 1518444735480.png (1440x1080, 1.3M)

Why is it called Godot anyways?
Because everyone is left eternally waiting for even one worthwhile game using it to come out, but it will never come.

And to be honest, I suspect the main reason why he is moving towards vulkan has to to with some businessman he met during GDC, he talked about how some people are interested in Godot because how the license works, specially gambling business, since Unity and Unreal have a different license if you are making gambling games, maybe its the hardware these people have, or will purchase, or maybe juan is just obsessed with Vulkan.

Make brush tools for Blender and I'll give you a dollar.

If is so good then which good games are made using this enigne?

Sorry, not touching python with a 10 foot pole.

Would you try for a Klondike bar?

Anyone up for starting a fork together with vblanco20-1, mixedCase and myself to fuck over Juan and his luddite ways?

Attached: 1506173727937.jpg (495x600, 242K)

Python is easy to learn the basics

cryengine is still the best, wish more devs would use it

Attached: 20190730141408_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.61M)

I KNOW how to write python, you nigger. I have over 7 years of C++ experience. The thing is that I don't WANT to. It's a shitty language desiged for people who don't like to program. The only reason it is used at all is because it has a really great standard library, but everything else, from syntax to philosophy is aids. Also fuck the split between version 2 and 3.

>python? eeeew no I want to be a special snowflake and make my own language
Have fun with that retard.

Its license is ass and its workflow can go fuck itself.

My bachelor thesis will be exactly that, thank you ever much.

No documentation

Is there a guide to trimming all of the fat and bloat out of unreal? I just want my basic gaem to run like it's not prototype 2

There's no documentation and their dev support is garbage.

zeromatrix.itch.io/rpginabox