Just got done with pic related and enjoyed it. Are the other modes like hard and nightmare worth playing?

Just got done with pic related and enjoyed it. Are the other modes like hard and nightmare worth playing?

Attached: 1560589196047.jpg (220x306, 22K)

The Fap Hero mode.

But none of the characters are hot?

She looks like she fucks black men

Stop saying that.

Long haired blonde bimbos fuck black men.

She looks like she fucks young boys.

>/ss/
YUCK

Wait you mean you didn't play on nightmare the way the game was meant to be played?

You can only play on normal for your first run.

Input name as nightmare to play the real game.

Yikes.

Oh. Well nightmare seems horribly unfun anyway.

>Are the other modes like hard and nightmare worth playing?
No.

What the fuck are you talking about?

>can't level up
>get two shot by everything
>everything becomes a damage sponge
Doesn't sound fun desu

Hate to resort to this meme but um, git gud.

That's the fucking point.
>fun
Meaningless buzzword. You play games for the challenge.

Maybe YOU do. If the challenge isnt fun then whats the point? Might as well be a second job.

But this is literally how the game is designed to be played.

Even IGA himself stated that bosses can't be greenlit unless the dev themselves beat them without taking damage using only a dagger.

>Cook and eat food for more stats
>go to the tower immediately and farm the painting and werewolf shards
>gather up as many health/mana/ammo ups as you can along the way
>save often

Really not that hard.

Babby mode is probably more up your alley

>saving
Casual. You didn't really beat the game.

Okay cool but thats not fun. What is fun is using all the OP bullshit you obtained and killing the boss in 5 seconds.

You can do that in Nightmare mode too. Its not like standstill all of sudden doesn't exist/work in nightmare mode.

>but thats not fun
It's not supposed to be fun. Grow up.

The challenge is the fun. Go back to playing whatever babby mode games you have if you can't understand this.

Nightmare is fun as hell, quite challenging. I played my first run on hard and then jumped on a fresh save on nightmare, this mode pushed me to craft potions and prepare food like crazy to heal/upgrade stats and more importantly made me explore more looking for mp and hp upgrades and doing this I found rooms that I didn't found on hard for example the key to celeste's room and 8bit nightmare, right now I am about to fight Dominique but I am farming to make them legendary weapons inb4 Eternal Blue is the best for me.

google about it

And don't forget ranking up yellow shards.

great castlevania
basically a new Symphony of the night

>can't level up
This is good, because it makes all the other upgrades in the game more important.
>get two shot by everything
See the previous point on how to remedy this problem. It also means you have to either learn how to fight without getting hit or make use of healing items.
>everything becomes a damage sponge
Once again, see the first point. Strong shards and equipment will kill things at a reasonable pace.

Attached: tumblr_pnyeicNb1Y1t09dnqo1_400.jpg (400x536, 116K)

How is this fun? You're barely engaging with the boss.

Attached: Nightmare - Idiot Mode.webm (640x360, 2.7M)

some have fun blowing up bosses assholes, some like more skill fights
its fine for both

Attached: cc5.png (2000x2000, 602K)

>have to farm food shit for hours
>have to use a cheese strat and can't use any of the stuff that's actually fun
Like I said, not fun.

>pigeonholed into using the boring OP shards
Yeah no thanks.

Did they fix the Switch version already? I really want to get it

>I don't want to play Nightmare because I can't be OP
>I don't want to play Nightmare because I have to use OP shards
Make up your damn mind!

I want to use the shards I like and not have to take forever to kill every mob. It's that simple.

i thought the same thing, but normal mode is also really easy. even though i died to some of the bosses, i felt like a total retard when i figured out how to beat it. then again, i just like to get overpowered as fuck, collect everything and find fun gear setups. it's kind of cool that they balanced nightmare ng+ by giving you your items but locking you at level 1 but i just didn't feel like playing the game again.

Whoops a shame all the fun gear setups suck dick in Nightmare.

I beat nightmare only using guns, spamming fireball, and that tentacle attack you get from the first boss. You can use whatever, dude.

And it took forever which is about as fuck as watching grass grow. Meanwhile shit like welcome company and feral claws destroys shit in seconds.

I went for great swords, dullahammer bois, welcome faggotry, and until zangetsu 2 directed shield it has been fun

i would just go back to using welcome company and tepus oceus and guns if i did nightmare. i don't see those spells ever being bad.

>Go back to playing whatever babby mode games
As in SOTN?

And what if you don't find those fun? You either have to use shit like Welcome Company or take 20 seconds to kill basic mobs and 10+ minutes on every boss fight. Which isn't fun at all.

You don't know the power of the adrastea + recycle hat
Hell come to think of it you actually don't even need the recycle hat since diamonds are easy to farm and even 50 bullets is overkill for the final area/boss.

OH FUCK YOU ASSHOLE
TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW

I skipped straight from Normal, to nightmare(new game), and it was pretty fun. The beginning is pretty damn hard. But still enjoyable. Save Zangetsu who can go fuck a duck. You basically have a reason to grind, because you need every advantage you can get. By the end of Nightmare mode, you still end up pretty damn strong too. So there's still that satisfaction of of making everything fuck off with OP skills.

nice bait fag

And if you don't use those OP skills you're fucked. Every mob will take 20 seconds and every boss will take 10 minutes. Nightmare mode pigenholes you into using the few OP shards or take forever to kill anything.

After beating Nightmare on NG I'm attempting an even more challenging run inspired by speedrunners.

Its basically called the don't ever talk to johannes until you need high jump i.e. "no crafting/food prepping" challenge.

So far got to zangetsu and its pretty intense.

>hurr durr intentionally gimp yourself to make the game fun
Autism

KYS yourself ASAP

I mean he's not wrong. SOTN is easy as fuck

then you just dont play it. the higher difficulties are meant for people who already beat everything but still want to play.

>$60 for a 10 hour game
Yeah that's fucking awful.

Fuck off and die

The higher difficulties are the way the game is MEANT to be played. Just like how you're SUPPOSED to play Doom on UV or NM and anything is grossly wrong against the design of the game.

I know guns are OP but they're not my jam I'm more of a Great Sword / Whip kind of guy

hard mode is what the default difficulty should have been.

I could never play Doom on Nightmare. I can deal with a challenge, but having enemies constantly respawning is ridiculous.

I want to agree with you, but I'm thinking it should have been a bit between normal and hard. I saw a bizarre amount of people that seemed to be struggling with the normal mode. Hard mode could have been cranked up some more. I guess an easy mode could have been made though too. Not really sure how I feel about Nightmare.

I'm hoping that roguelike mode is a decent challenge when that comes around.

Hard would be worth it if you started a new game for it. Nightmare might be if you like frustrating things

>people can play a game in different ways
who would have tought!
(Not you with your low IQ)

NG+ shenanigans
Still trying to find more.

Attached: 20190723224810_1.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

After Zangetsu and this is what I have so far
Not even an 8 bit weapon, didn't talk to Johannes even once. This is on hard btw.

Attached: 20190730105108_1.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

If difficulty increase is done through increasing the enemies' life and decreasing yours then it's not a difficulty worth playing. Only an imbecile with poor time management would defend defend a pointless grind like that.

That's not how NM works at all though?

It is though. It increased enemy damage and HP by several magnitudes.

I think the HP isn't cranked up much or at all at least for Nightmare anyway. Didn't seem like they added much on hard either.

The enemy damage and HP increase only seems significant because you are locked at level 1 and so are your stats. They also added much more enemies and bosses have new attacks and all enemies are faster and more aggressive.

The combination of the HP increase and you being locked at level 1 is what makes it bad.
I know, but saying that's not how it works AT ALL isn't true. A shame they had to fuck it up by making everything tanky as shit because it would be pretty fun otherwise.

Do food bonuses carry onto NG+?

wait wat

Yes.

rude

>spears
baka

nightmare sucks desu

But it doesn't

git gud fag

>making everything damage sponges is good

>i dislike that the enemies die too quick
>i dislike that the enemies don't die too quick
I'm getting mixed messages here

See

almost every metroidvania has some glitches and skips you can do. Its part of the fun to try and break stuff

You're the type that gets filtered each time am I right? Being always OP is boring as fuck

So? It still takes forever to kill shit.

>i dislike that the enemies die too quick
I never said that.