Fire Emblem

>no weapon triangle
>awful dub
>fucked up scale
>lol walk around your base a million times instead of using a fucking menu
>lol persona ripoff date system
>lol literal s. links instead of support convos
Holy hell what the fuck happened to Fire Emblem

Attached: 3563820-fire-emblem-three-houses-review-thumb-nologo.jpg (1214x933, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0ccSMoiAiNR
youtu.be/5u8vd_YNbTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What replaced the weapon triangle? Or is there no point to using different weapons now?

The only reason you have to use other weapons is to grind your weapon level to unlock various classes.

>persona ripoff
Thanks for outting yourself as underage

i think the weapons just have subtle stat differences, like iron axe has higher might than the other two while sword has higher hit or something

claude being upside down still gets me every time, what the fuck were they thinking with this retard art? just have claude at the bottom and move byleth/monastary background to the top

You get abilities that emulate it now.

>no weapon triangle
Good.

>awful dub
Yea, so play with the jap and subs.

>fucked up scale
fucking what?

>lol walk around your base a million times instead of using a fucking menu
You can fast travel

The problem?

You're an idiot.

This. To be honest (although generic) it's not even bad cover art, but Claude fucking ruins it

The weapon triangle has never mattered outside of the first three chapters unless you rely on dodge tanking.

Weapons eventually unlock a skill that reinstates the triangle, but otherwise weapons unlock different arts(like lances get a fuck cavs art), have different stats and are needed for different classes.

I dont have the game yet, but I thought people were generally saying the dub was quite good?

>awful dub

it's fine, why do you sub only fags feel the need to even comment on dubs when no matter the quality you will always japanese games with english voices, even ones like this that are clearly yurope inspired

>persona ripoff date system
nah, the walking around/time management shit is more of a ripoff (not that persona is the only game who does that shit), the tea-time dating system is nothing like dating in persona

date as in month and day

Don't worry, neither does OP.
He's just spouting retarded memes he heard on Yea Forums.

Dubs are not the creators intention for those characters.

yeah people have been saying the dub is good which has triggered people who never play anything dub'd, so now sub fags are on a campaign to shit on it everywhere to "correct the record". /feg/ has been inundated with this trash

By that metric, absolutely no dub is serviceable, no matter how well acted or portrayed the characters their representing may be.

>no weapon triangle
Why do people keep listing this as a negative?

What specifically is wrong with three house's dub?

see that is literally these retard's exact position

>like FE but didn't like Fates and heard bad things about this
>go to twitch to try and watch some gameplay
>hop channel to channel to channel
>not a single fucking person is on a map, they're all running around their base fishing or talking to some fag with the worse dub voice in the world

Attached: fuckyou.gif (320x600, 119K)

>What specifically is wrong with three house's dub?

See post

I said "specifically", as in specific scenes where this idea proves true.

>generic answer
LOL, he actually pretends he played FE

>Don't worry, neither does OP.
>He's just spouting retarded memes he heard on Yea Forums.

Is there a way to track him and ruin is IP?

He's an ironic weeb that's what's wrong.

You forgot
>game shows you who's going to get attacked
>game lets you fucking rewind turns
Fire Emblem is dead.

People who didn't pirate fates or echoes have literally only had dubbed games to play for the last four years so having the option of not listening to it makes them realize how shit it is

Wait, there's no weapon triangle? I've been playing wrong the whole time

>someone's finally in combat
>first thing that happens is a soldier attacks a bowman out of position
>the bowman gets a counterattack despite being in adjacent squares
What the fuck is this

OK, let's turn this into a civil topic.

I have played only a few FE games, so I can't say I'm really familiar with mechanic. What I want to know is, are there any other games - other than this one, obviously - where you can raise more weapons at the same time? IIRC, in previous games you can start using different weapon once your class goes up (aka at level 20), at which point it's basically useless. But here, I can make a char who uses black/white magic and a weapon at the same time. Is there any other FE game with this?

Also, this is probably a stupi question, but... When you have your lessons, there is something called Weakness near weapon types. 'Weakness - 2' or something like that. What does that mean, exactly?

Look at their skills

Archers get a counter ability after you max them, there's also 1-2 bows that don't have anti-flier bonus

Close Counter. It's a natural Bow skill learned at C Rank

>players get super awesome special attacks!
>not just special weapons, or flashy crits, literal specials you select from the menu

Attached: 1419190745461.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

>fucking what?
I think he means tiny text in handheld more, or how everything looks when you zoom into the meme mode

Any class that uses multiple weapons in older games lets you grind both/all three equally, there just aren't typically basic magic classes or bow classes that let you do this

Weakness means they get less points from individual tutoring and presumably weekly bonuses as well
Some characters (ie Lys) have traits that undo their weaknesses so they can level those stats normally; that or they naturally lose them if you put in enough effort to get them to a certain rank

>he can't actually make an argument, so he just posts something with a reaction image
LOL, try harder next time.

You didn't play the game, please stop posting.

>Weakness means they get less points from individual tutoring and presumably weekly bonuses as well
Oh, just that? So 5 instead of 7? Got it, thx.

if you can do two hits its basically always worse to use the special attack except for like the armor piercing/horse killer attacks

Weaponskills that aren't proc based are literally a good thing though, they even use them to justify the durability system being back

That just means you get 2 less points for training in that subject

weakness/strength is just how fast they level it iirc.

Afaik, in all other games weapons are tied to classes. Main purpose is to cover more of the triangle, so e.g. your knight/general isnt insta-fucked if he runs into a buch of axemen.
In awakening and fates, you can do some ridiculous fuckery with weapons due to infinite reclassing and grinding, otherwise, nope.

yeah it just shows it straight up as a -2 on the manual tutoring screen

>byleth is merc class
>get reason to level D so he learns fire
>can't use it in battle for some reason

i thought any class could do anything in this game, or does that only apply to weapons? do you have to be magic class to use magic?

Attached: gothefucktosleep.png (220x324, 38K)

>When you have your lessons, there is something called Weakness near weapon types. 'Weakness - 2' or something like that. What does that mean, exactly?
it means they will learn more slowly than an average student if you tutor them in that subject. the default is 4 points. if you they're weak, they'll gain 2 points. there are other modifiers you can obtain as well

Honestly, the only thing that's holding me back from buying the game are the god awful graphics. Even for the Switch it looks absolutely fucking horrible. Shit artstyle and even worse graphics, it baffles me how a game in 2019 can look this bad. This and it looks a bit generic, that webm of Dimitri killing guards and smiling makes me cringe everytime because it's so edgy and generic.

they burn 3 to 5 durability and don't doublehit besides the amazing Sniper class mastery one.

>do you have to be magic class to use magic?
Yes.

well, unless the Combat Art extends your range, brings your Hit to 100 on a crucial attack, or 1shots the enemy to prevent a counterattack.

I really like this weapon art system actually

Three Houses feels more like Trails of Cold Steel than Persona

Magic is the weird exception even though mages can use all the weapons except Gauntlets. They'll specify what magic you can use, but it's not exactly helpful after that.

There’s a reason they explicitly say “this class can use magic” in blue letters. Gauntlets also can’t be used on mounts from what I remember.

>do you have to be magic class to use magic?
yeah

retard

only magic classes can use magic, but theres no restriction on white or black spells for those who can.

byleth's OC class is broken beyond belief and able to cast

>DUDE 80 HOURS LONG LMAO
>60 of it is spend just playing sims on the monastery
>when there is battle its on a shitty map and the game is braindead casual easy
holy based bros we did it we are turning fe into a VN

>Persona ripoff
I think it was brilliant to make the first half cheerful and the 2nd half so Dark.

Killing Dorothy with Manuela was pretty sad

The moment Sothis opened her mouth, I had to go back to JAP instantly.
I wouldn't know about the rest.

>start off Golden Deer hard mode
>on average only 2 stats level up

Attached: 1564188044276.jpg (400x400, 42K)

I agree(except for the dub, I like it)

I never thought romance needs to be a thing in games anyway and I really fucking hate how this shit is hinted at in so many conversations in this game.

And regarding the missing triangle, sure it wasn't perfect, but at least it was something. Now there's literally 0 punishment for carelessly throwing units at anyone, and no reason to make teams that cover different areas of the maps or each other, because anyone can be thrown against anyone.

And to add to your list:
>shitty maps
>mediocre music
>casual time rewind that makes classic not classic anymore
>red lines that show you who the enemy will attack beforehand, preventing player mistakes completely and showing unusual AI behavior upfront
>classes can wield multiple weapons making the game even easier and eliminating support needs
>characters can become almost any class they want, making characters not feel like proper characters anymore and instead just focuses on their student personas
>adjutants are OP as fuck
>enemies dont even have breaker skills
>fucking fetch quests in an SRPG

Tbh F3H's biggest problem is how it takes away so much strategy. Together with the bland map design ,this game feels more like checkers. You just throw your units at any enemies on the map, until its cleared. You did that before too, sure, but this time without any restrictions or rules whatsoever.

Thank you, anons!
I kinda like this ''training''. You can basically use one type of weapons in battles, raise other types in class, and then change to a class that requires both weapon types.

Please tell me just one more thing. Later in the game, will I be able to do more than one Mock Battle per free day? I just got 2 (battle) quests and I could do only one.

>playing hard classic
>my mc as a heavy knight just solos everything
Is there a lunatic mode when I beat the game? It's too god damn easy

I fucked up recruitment and only got 1 student, killing Hilda while Claude shouts that he told her to retreat fucked me up.

Everyone who stayed loyal by the final battle I had no sympathy for though.

That happened to me for the first few chapters and I was getting really worried but now every character is getting constant 4-5 stat levels ups. It evens out

That's bad RNG I think.
I snagged the mini nuke and boy does she has good stat increases.
Still frail but heh she one shots people.

>cringe story
>shit designs
>garbage graphics
>shit artist
>shit gameplay
>tumblr garbage
>cringe setting
>wub zoomer ost
>CGs looks like fanart garbage
not fair bros....

At this im pretty sure lunatic aint gonna fix shit

First 2 battles are like that.
Who is forcing you to use rewind?

My Byleth sucks for some reason

It's my Hilda that can solo entire maps

>The weapon triangle has never mattered outside of the first three chapters unless you rely on dodge tanking.
although I don't mind the removal of weapon triangle since I feel they replaced it with sufficient mechanics (which I may actually prefer to weapon triangle), I have to disagree with this. sure, weapon triangle doesn't matter much on defense, but it can bring your own hit rates from 70-85 to 90-100 which goes a really long way toward making your strats more consistent. especially in games with low Hit, like Binding Blade, or without 2RN, like Jugdral or Fates

Magic is kinda fucked in this game.
Its a skill you learn, yet you have to remain in the class to use it as if its a weapon skill needing the weapon in your inventory.

Whoever thought of this is a retard. Its an obvious cop out because they realized that with the new class change system, everyone would become a spellcaster. So its sloppy design to cover sloppy design.
10/10 IS/Koei

>no weapon triangle
Are you for fucking real?
Absolutely fucking dropped. Fire emblem is officially dead.

At first I tried making my byleth into a mage but every level up I kept getting str ups so I did the swap. I just wanted to be a caster at first so I don't have to use edgy caster man

...and near the end of the game when he won't be able to do that, you will shit on the game because you didn't raise other character.

coming as update/free dlc "soon (tm)"

>Absolutely fucking dropped. Fire emblem is officially dead.
it's been dead since Radiant Dawn

Oh wow, it's another "Yea Forums is once again trying to shit on one of the few actual good games we get" episode. This is literally the closest we've come to Path of Radiance. I miss the weapon wheel too but it sure as hell ain't ruining the game for. It's a comfy as fuck experience, the characters are more fleshed out than they've ever been, the story is great and takes a dark turn that is hype as all hell with a timeskip, which is a cheap but effective way to incite people to keep playing and the dub is actually great with an option to switch to jap. Fuck your shitty thread OP

I'm against casualization of games.
Me neither. Especially if they dont remove the red lines with that difficulty.
Because one thing about lunatic before was, in how it changed enemy AI behaviour so that it would even work on targeting units that were way outside their range and vary things significantly.

if it removes turnwheel and red lines it'll be a start

Quads of truth

>Oh wow, it's another "Yea Forums is once again trying to shit on one of the few actual good games we get" episode.
I stopped reading there. Pull your head out of your ass and realize that no game is perfect, and that the new game you've been hyped for might actually have a lot of flaws dragging it down.

Wasted quads

It doesn't matter much.
I passed the Mortal Savant as FBlyat with D+ in Reason.
Yes it's harder to level your stats when you can't use them up until the point you unlock the class you want, but it's not impossible.
In a way it makes sense to be locked out of options because what happens if you max several ? Game is already easy.

>it's comfy
No word makes me more certain that someone's opinion is fucking garbage than when they call a game "comfy"

Attached: thatOPaintright.png (500x375, 406K)

Is there any benefit to going back to a beginner/intermediate class? Like they touted how you can just bounce back and forth as you please but is there really a point to it? Once someone is a master tier class is there really any reason to switch to a fucking brigand

They traded any depth of gameplay for tea parties with faggy looking boys
Also it's the worst looking fire emblem to date
It is not "good"

>dude the characters!
>dude the story!
WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY YOU FUCKING NIGGER? OH BUT ITS COOL YOU SPEND 3/4 OF THE GAME WALKING IN THE MONASTERY FUCKING BASED MY WAIFU LOVE CAKE XD

its not removed the triangle is now tied to weapon proficiency and skills instead of the weapon itself.

the only glaring flaw is difficulty. lords and byleth are broken op

>game breaks away from tradition to be different and unique
>everyone except the most diehard difficultyfags love it
>latter group is also the most obnoxious, can never tell if they're serious or just shitposting
>thread ends up being a flamewar despite it being against to rules
I'd rather go to /feg/ and endure the waifuposting and that annoying tripfag instead of watching everyone beat a dead horse for the nth time.

Attached: 1564319455175.jpg (500x484, 62K)

Wow the nintentards sure can't take criticism.

Combat arts will reduce your weapon durability by fuck tons more

Don't reply to obvious falseflagging.

So fuck off there.

Since you are given unlimited funds you can repair your gear after every fight for a pittance

They're the ones making the criticisms.

>"criticism"
LOL, you mean Yea Forums memes by people who obviously didn't play the game?

this is an impressive amount of coping
look how he's not even replying to anyone but is so triggered by people criticizing the game that he's simply forced to post

>aiming and shooting arrows while upside down

Attached: 1560655809409.gif (360x270, 1.92M)

How is he coping ?
He makes a statement on the thread which isn't too far off.

I'm a nintentard and I'm criticizing the game heavily mate...

I had to switch back to Dub when Bernadetta, Raphael and Rhea opened their mouths too. God fucking dammit is this game cursed?

go back to your containment board
generals are shit and are the worst thing to exist on Yea Forums besides stormfags

yes level up your "professor level", c or c+ gives two battles. if youre on lower difficulty there should be one battle option that doesnt use any activity points that you can just grind basically

good thing repairs don't use gold but instead limited crafting resources then.

you have nowhere NEAR enough smithing stones, arcane crystals, black sand steel, wootz seeds, etc to carelessly spam weapon arts with high quality weapons

Prof level C you can do 2 battles on a sunday

>casts magic at you

nothing personnel

>mini nuke

whomst???

God I can't stand Bernadatta's JP voice. Her screech is like hearing a cat get crushed to death

I think I am C, and I have only 1. So it's C+ then. No point in playing on easy.
Thanks!

I don't mind the rewind option but if it sticks around for another game I'll be pissed.

I love her JP voice, I call her squeaker, it's so silly and endearing.

Raphael is okay imo.
Bernadetta gets on the nerves for sure.
Rhea... well the classic warm holy voice.

>dodges despite being a heavy knight
I dodge more than my myrmidon characters

Attached: My ICBM can't be THIS cute.png (646x546, 370K)

lysithea. she had a hard life, be sure to marry her or pair her with linhardt to save her

If you choose to side with edgelord, do you keep the teachers you recruit?

Does she get better post timeskip?
It might just be my spontaneous reaction at being confused at how different she sounds from when I first played in the dub

> pair her with linhardt to save her
I'll be sure to grind that support so I can save her.

>Also it's the worst looking fire emblem to date

t. never played the ike games

>he actually does this when dodge-countering

Attached: 1563200790215.gif (561x620, 390K)

>if I dont like the criticism then its just memes
I bet you guys have reddit accounts

Yep

> Reddit account
No, fortunately.

its clearly just one or two guys samefagging the whole thread, very annoying

You can still buy new weapons, use your special weapons for normal attacks and trash weapons on special moves

Attached: 1513485246368.gif (360x282, 1.64M)

>implying Nintendo haters even played the game

They have soul

Attached: mia.png (738x646, 509K)

After finishing Eagles route I feel a little burned out, dunno if I want to do another house or just wait for the Revelations equivalent

Why arw the training weapons so good?

...and ''upgrade'' those trash weapons when they are almost finished, as this upgrade also repairs them.
OK, so triangle is gone from this game, but you still get 1 or 2 hits depending on weapon you use.

>That moment when you need to kill an enemy but it requires a -6 combat arte from your special weapon.

Im lucky I havnt needed to use Astra with the sword of the Creator yet, that would hurt me inside

>people seething about rewind still

i get the red arrow hate, but holy fuck just dont use rewind if it triggers you, goddam

>high accuracy
>high durability for special skills
>allow you to be fast enough to attack twice in the same turn

But can't you do that with steel as well ?

I seriously hope you are just trying to funpost here.
It'd be a sad day for Yea Forums when blind fanboyism would reach such a state.

Yes but why use anything else? They feel broken.

It shouldn't exist atleast on hard mode

>Bernadetta
yeah I agree
>Raphael
huh, okay I guess
>Rhea
what??

Edelgard always dies in every route but her own right? is Claude the only Lord with the option to spare?

Iirc Niles did that in Fates

>No weapon triangle
Nani?

I actually think they looked better than 3H in some ways. or like a lot of ways

>the amount of shit required to make a Hauteclere
N-no thanks

>no weapon triangle
You mean i have been playing like there was one this entire time when i didn't have to?

But I don't want it. Why is it in the game? Now every fucking noob will be able to finish the game.
^^they will say
They are worse than Souls fan who get hate boner whenever someone says he/she wants Easy mode.

>Yes but why use anything else?
to 1shot stuff with Arts

because their Might is ass. post timeskip you'll be doubling with silver, steel and iron and have Brave options

thank you for spoilers user

what magic/faith rank do i need to recruit her? Have d in both right now

That seems to be the reoccurring theme for me. Bylethe and Claude are the only ones who seem to escape that shit. Fortunately I seem to be getting stat ups in the shit that matters, like raph consistently getting def and ste. Except ignatz. Stupid asshole has a great prf skill but can’t use it because all his stat ups are hp and fucking dex

>almost every fucking level up is “I DONT HAVE TIME FOR FAILURE”
>Still is like my strongest unit on her spells alone
Not to mention she gets FUCKING WARP

Reminder this is the cunt that plotted to kill Dimitri's entire family and friends

there is a triangle read your fucking skills

I just B support her.
She then came to me during class and asked to join.
It's WAAAAAAy easier to grind support that forcing yourself out of a class.

I see a skill on my lance for cavelry but nothing on swords

Forgot pic

Attached: 1564492198652.jpg (1280x720, 250K)

Browsing Yea Forums instead of playing the fucking game is your own fault

I am at work right now.

>I just B support her.
best and fastest way for me to do that. I just rescued the green haired bitch

Jesus look at those knockers

not your weapon arts your SKILLS. triangle now comes from proficiency

>Blue Lions, Mercesdes and Falyn both have Fortify
>Now in Goldendeers I have to only use Falyn

Man I relied on 8 charges of Fortify hard, this route is harder

read threads about OTHER games then

What? I’m having this exact problem but it’s been getting better, is the RN designed like this?

Attached: 7B296964-3B4F-43A0-AD84-099D679B2081.png (371x578, 107K)

You can recruit Mercedes.

Brigand has death blow but otherwise no. Vertical moves are almost always better as they should be, it’s classes within a rank that matter.

Alright who is the best canidate for Dancer?
I hear they can still attack sometimes or something

>Don't cry Dimitri, this is a happy time
>These are happy tears, my friend
How can Edelgard route even compete?

vocaroo.com/i/s0ccSMoiAiNR

*In Golden Deer but recruiting other characters is always a thing I guess

Is this the most normie FE to date?

Fucking LOL!!!! You just tried so hard to seem smart and knowledgeable but you ousted yourself as a fucking idiot instead HAHAHAHA!!!!

I used Dorothea for that.
Dunno for the other classes yet.
Dimitri in Blue Lions because he'll hate you for Life.
I wonder if I could use Hanneman for that. Would be fun as well

actual brainlet here never played fe before, how do you get good at positioning? any tips?

By being a totally super justified psychopath.
Dimitri is the heart of the game, his route is pure soul.

Don't forget that she's part of evil cult that wants destroy world
Don't forget that Edelgard gave her entire kingdom

No it doesn't you idiot.
And if you really wanna stretch that into a triangle aspect, it completely falls apart because the enemy isnt using it.
Stop being retarded

>still replying to sonyfags

Dorothea makes an amazing dancer, especially after the TS. Also yes, they're a magic class, so she rocks there also. Her and Lysithea roam around slaughtering things with magic.

It happens so much that they even recorded voice lines for it lmao

>it completely falls apart because the enemy isnt using it
False

Propbably most known by the public if that’s how you define normie
Or if you describe normie as being easy then eh kinda it’s right around there, Awakening had higher difficulties that kicked it up a notch by a lot but was also undermined by the fact Robin is well... Robin.

HOW THE FUCK DO I SPEND FREE TIME AFTER DOING SOME BATTLES ? EVERYTIME I FINISH A BATTLE IT SKIPS MY FREE TIME AND I CAN'T DO QUESTS
SHIT

is this a joke?
because if its not then you really have to a real brainlet to ask that question.
not only cant you do much wrong due tothe low difficulty, but you literally have red lines showing you whos gonna attack you

They did in every game with voice acting.

Fucking Edelgard.

In what way?
Protecting weak units?

Because enemies can't move through your units you can body block them to effectively reduce their range and keep them from attacking your squishies. You can combine this with terrain that reduces mov to limit them further

>reading threads about games you plan on/are currently playing
It's your own fault.

FEfags are deluded

> ask for help
> doesn't help and berate
We all complain about the low difficulty but a guy entirely new might actually need help

I seriously hope you are just trying to funpost here.
It'd be a sad day for Yea Forums when blind contrarianism would reach such a state.

You’re spending your free time battling. You’ll eventually be able to do multiple battles in one day.

>no weapon triangle
You're retarded if you think this is a negative

>taught Lysithea Soulblade
Is there any point to leveling her sword stats more, or should I just go all in on Reason?
I'm going in this pretty much blind, so I feel like I've been making some questionable decisions. Marianne is a cav that does absolute shit damage and has no durability, but nukes hard with Frozen Lance.

well fuck, I can't do multiple battles and then go spend some time drinking tea with my mates ?

I went full Reason with her. My Byleth is already Mortal Savant with S in Blades and A in Reason.
If you full Reason with Lys, she truly IS the nuke.

Stop when you get Soulblade. Go full Reason and then Faith. Make her a Gremory.

Press R2. When you place yourself in the pink it means that unit will get attacked next turn. Try putting an adjacent archer/magician outside the pink to keep a safe distance while providing support. It’s usually a better idea to slowly draw out the enemy this way, but once you grasp the basics you’ll be able to try more advanced stuff. Don’t forget to use trees as cover when you can. Mommy loves you!

Attached: 59388A61-9745-4DFD-B6A1-DDCC88213434.jpg (333x499, 30K)

Marianne eventually can become a holy knight which is a good path.

Frozen lance is good

how embarassing...
dude get help

explore and battle are separate choices. always explore first

I wasn't the user asking for help.

It's such bizarre positioning. I thought it was too wierd to not have any story significance. Does it?

I know everyone is still up and at it, but does anyone else feel like dropping the game?

I'm in chapter 6 and I'm really not feeling it.
The game revolves so much about the clunky monastery sim stuff that the whole thing feels not like an FE game anymore, and when I'm on a battle map, the map design is so simple and the battles so easy that it just doesnt grip me like other entries.

Really close to dropping it and just replaying older entries desu

Im gonna make Hilda a war master and S in Axes.

Imagine the Crit rate with a killer axe. It will be unreal

Why nu-emblem fags hate gameplay?

well, fuck me for thinking this will be a topic about gameplay, not late game story spoilers

Mortal savant has swordfaire I think and sword mastery should increase accuracy and shit of soul blade. Plus you can use stronger weapons to further increase its mt. There’s not much reason to not train her in swords as well because she only uses authority, reason and faith anyways and she’ll have no difficulty raising those stats.

damn thanks, I fucked up three explore days because I wanted to fight a gain some xp first

Are you literally underage?

>>no weapon triangle
good riddance
>>awful dub
no
>>fucked up scale
business as usual
>>lol walk around your base a million times instead of using a fucking menu
there's a menu
>>lol persona ripoff date system
cool
>>lol literal s. links instead of support convos
cool

explain yourself op

some other user said when he dodge counters, he shoots his bow upside down. i guess that counts

Speaking of which, are there any magic swords in this game?

Id stick it out to the 2nd part where it feels much more like a FE game. The monestary isnt filled with a shitton of quests and just has your house in it, and the familiar map and movement throughout the world returns

Just try skipping the monestary stuff. If you want it shouldn’t take long to start quests, do the greenhouse and get tutored. Then you can just do lectures the other weeks.

Btw, I never really noticed during playthrough.
When you have an adjutant, how does the support increase compared to being on the field ?

This is a message from Lord Nergal. "I await you on the Druid Isle."

Quick question, no spoilers please. Do you get different supports with characters after the timeskip? I'm playing through now, and it really wouldn't make sense to be able to see most of these supports after my students graduate/start killing each other.

Name one thing that's wrong with Sothis' voice

He is a good boy. I am glad we get to heal him in one route at least.

The tone.
Her Jap voice is just so good I can't pass it up. I like Lolis speaking like Obaa san too so it helps.

Attached: oi.jpg (225x225, 12K)

When can I start buying Levin Swords?

I always play with Japanese dub, but I left the English dub on for about an hour to see how it is. Its honestly above average as far as these kinds of games go.

Post timeskip forsure

Guess I'll save Blue Lions for last

The fact that people actually reply to you with saying those are all good things, really shows how many casual idiots, waifufags and fujoshits have been playing these games all along.

Thanks

Why does this game cause so much seething? The beginning is slow, but I feel like it picks up pretty well, the story genuinely seems interesting so far, the new mechanics work together pretty well. My only big concern is the lack of difficulty, but Lunatic patch will hopefully fix that.

I have given up. This series is clearly isn't for me anymore they don't want me they just care about the fans post awakening cancer. Who the fuck love spending one hours every month walking around the monastery? What the fuck is wrong with you zoomers weebs?

Ok I might actually do that since it sounds better.
I know I can skip it but its part of the game and obviously designed to be a big part of it, in terms of character interactions. I just fundamentally dislike it.

I'm post-timeskip and despite having quadruple the amount of activity points I had at the start I'm spending basically no time in the monastary now because I'm no longer wandering around aimlessly like a retard because I don't know what to do. I just go into the monastary, stuff a bunch of food into my units fat fucking faces until they're ready to learn, then end the day in like 2 minutes.

>Hours
I spend 5 mins max in the monastery each month. I dislike it too but I make it worrth my while by min maxing the MC.

>seething?
As in?
Outside of a few shitposts I mostly see people posting valid criticism.
Story and world building are the game's biggest pro, outside it is a rather underwhelming franchise entry.

Trying to level up skills to recruit students is a trap. Buy their affections with a hundred teddy bears.

I bet you complain about plot in porn too

Sorry but I'll take conquest shitty story and characters since the gameplay is actually good you know because im playing a fucking VIDEO GAME and not a fucking VISUAL NOVEL MOVIE.

Just do the first of the month one, fish, garden, counselor questions, fast travel around to do the quests, spend your activity points and then don't explore the rest of the month. Doesn't take hours once you're familiar.

Or flowers that you grow for free.

How do you grow flowers? I know this sounds like a retarded question but I have put "flower" seeds in the greenhouse and never got any just other stuff and stat boosters.

First FE game I played since sacred stones. The series seems very weeb and anime now compared to sacred stones. I picked the yellow team. Who is best team?

Help I'm emotionally stunted and have a savior complex so I cannot fucking choose which broken girl to S rank. First playthrough was Edelgard because hoo boy does she need the most help but I'm not autistic enough to play the same route twice in a row

between dorothea, shamir, lysithea, flayn, rhea, and probably a few more i have no clue what to choose

Why the fuck is there no advanced peg class? What the fuck do I make my Bernie god damn it

bow knight, like she was always destined to be

Not even when discussing the moments in SNES RPGs where everyone is resting by a camp fire or something with sikiliar ambience? Those are real comfy parts of games.

Any team you want it to be.
Most people tend to pick Blue Lions for the spot.
I'll reserve my judgement for later once I've done all routes.
I loved the Black Eagles and stole two best girls from Lions and Deer. Happy time.

Where to buy teddies? I’ve just been giving flowers.

Shit, I made her a Sniper.

Did you do the extra battle for the merchants ?
If yes, go buy to them at the Monastery.

>no advanced peg class
Really? What’s the point of raising flying proficiency then?

Black Eagles siding with Edelgarde is the most non-standard route but the first year for every house is the same.

Deer is more worldbuilding and lore focused as a route, Blue Lions is more involved in the main conflict.

wyvern

>The weapon triangle has never mattered outside of the first three chapters unless you rely on dodge tanking.
Awakeningfriend detected

Because Wyvern Lord and Falcon Knight still exist as Master classes.

Swords have reliable chance to hit but lower damage
Axes have higher damage but lower hit.
Lances are inbetween
Also, weapons get different special moves, so you don't get access to Fading Blow without using gauntlets, that sort of thing

wyvern lord

Cause theres a mastered one

Damn sounds like I should have picked the blue team

Blue Lions cast>Rest
Claude>Dimitri>>>Edlegard

Oh yeah, skipped that. Thanks.

I'm only 3 chapters through the Black Eagles and I already wanna stab Edelgard through her chest

Stick with it and choose Rhea. You'll be happy.

This is the most zoomer statement I've ever seen on this board.

Luckly theres a route that shares your sentiment!

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Edelgard and her route ? I'm not saying she is pure or whatever shit. But I found her enjoyable.

Attached: mirin miku.jpg (2048x1360, 235K)

Some thoughts:

I think the weapons triangle was a necessary sacrifice if they wanted everyone to be able to use every weapon. If the weapons triangle was in the game, you could just give everyone a sword, lance, and axe and always have WTA. At least with the skills, you have to make a significant investment in the weapon type to have an advantage. I do wish that some enemies had the skills though.

I like the general idea behind Divine Pulse, but it's OP because you get way, way too many uses. Once you reach the point where you have 7+ uses of divine pulse per map, how do you even lose? Here's what I would change:

>Three charges
>They DON'T recharge between maps. You use it, you lose it.
>Choosing to rest will restore one charge, as long as you are below your max.
>Events that increase your max charges (i.e. restoring statues) also give you one extra charge to use.

With this system, Divine Pulse would be more like some of the best staves in previous games, where they're really powerful but you want to try and conserve them and use them carefully.

Eagles and Lions are both you playing surrogate father/therapist to extremely broken royals. Deer is watching said broken fucks from the sidelines with the guy who skipped class to sleep in and fuck around with his buddies.

the church is just for fencesitters who want a mommygf

How’s Flayn as a Dancer?

Edelgard is fine.
Bernadetta, on the other hand... Now that is a person who deserves decapitaton.

>Deer is watching said broken fucks from the sidelines with the guy who skipped class to sleep in and fuck around with his buddies.
Sounds pretty good to me desu

Game sucks but the red house waifus are top fucking tier

Can't wait for doujins on sadpanda

But her dub voice also speaks like that. They both sound absolutely fine, the Japanese version only gets extra points because she add "jaa" at the end of her sentences to indicate she's actually a lolibaba.

Do you love Hilda?

Attached: EAm0oHVUYAAtWuu.jpg (1280x720, 284K)

> Sadpanda
user, I...

Attached: sad panda.jpg (260x260, 10K)

>I think the weapons triangle was a necessary sacrifice if they wanted everyone to be able to use every weapon.
Thats true, but what most people question was if the trade was worth it.

Triangle was completely arbitrary but for the larger portion of the games it delegated a significant part of the strategy, in terms of picking units, which way they go, making groups that support each other based on their weapon type, etc.

Now it feels more like battling action figures against each other, since the above, while still a factor, have become very minor instead of major.

I'm glad Yea Forums seems to like Claude and Dimitri. For once I agree with Yea Forums's tastes

>FE
>doujins
lmaoo

when I first sided with her I was worried, but Rhea's crazy lady speeches and brutal dogma convinced me to give it a try. The sketchiness rapidly vanishes and you end up doing reasonable shit like border defense and negotiating with opposing faction moderates.

If anything they could have made her route more questionable, even death knight turned out to be a nice guy for fuck's sake

>Can't wait for doujins on sadpanda
>sadpanda

Attached: 1547821231928.gif (497x373, 489K)

where is the alternative?
Where is it? I'm losing my mind, my balls are red due to no fapping.

Isn't that the default one for Black Eagles?
She's contradictory in a lot of her actions. I mean fuck me she says she doesn't want bloodshed yet she's fine with sacrificing innocent lives.

Her big ol tiddies are making me want to recruit

Blue Lions Part 2 starts with Dimitri fantasizing Eldegard's head on a pike.

Triangle pretty much only served to fuck over axe users in any non fates games. Most lancers and swordsmen were skilled enough to have high hit rates anyway when combined with their weapon base hit rate
The only exception i think is early game fe6 hm where good ol bors cant even muster a >70% hit rate on fighters in the first map

>but you literally have red lines showing you whos gonna attack you
>He's still mad about a simple quality of life improvement.
Laughing at you.

Thats bullshit. And even more because triangle isn't just player characters but also enemies and served as punishment.

Man I just find FE6 HM unfun to play honestly.
Like chapter 7 is such a fucking shitshow, I don’t feel like I’m thinking strategically but just rolling the dice.

>a simple quality of life improvement.
You'd have to be really fucking retarded to actually think that. Are you?

its one user who spams the QoL comment in every thread when people point out how stupid that addition is. ignore him

>Will the AI attack the bait that I set for it or target someone else?
>Yes, good
It is a nice way to check your logic is in line with the computer, what is wrong with you?

>QoL comment
Fuck off you absolute faggot.

If I have the option for a flying bow user I’m going to take it damn it. I guess I’ll go sniper and cry since she won’t have canto for awhile. Apparently they unlock hunter’s volley which is making my dick diamonds if it’s as good as it was in echoes.

Have any examples? The only game I remember where triangle actively fucks over the player instead of helping it is 6 HM
It can be kinda fun but the early game is astonishingly brutal and you basically clear it by cheesing with all the insane HM boosted units
I find it funny that ch7 is literally a copy of escape from manster in fe5 yet is literally 10x harder due to enemy placement, starting location and side objectivew

Edelgard doesn't willingly sacrifice any innocents. Her uncle who tortured her and her siblings is regent and seized power, all the bad shit is done by Those Who Slither in the Dark who are annoyingly a fucking epilogue slide instead of proper battles.

She beats the Alliance in a single siege, turning the sympathizers to her side and accepting Claude's amicable surrender. The Kingdom are defeated in an open field battle with no civilians present.

Once the Kingdom is usurped by The Immaculate One the casualties are caused by their own knights torching the city to spite the strike force under the dragon's orders.

In fighting off almyran invasion through the locket she did more to protect innocents than the church and kingdom who abandoned their post did. in her attack on the monastery she allowed everyone to evacuate before sieging. I actually wish she was more brutal because the fairytale ending you get is so unrealistic

How do you defeat the Death Knight? He one-shots everyone of my characters, even my highest levelled ones.

Attached: scared.jpg (333x151, 5K)

I’d love her more if there was a master class for gauntlets that girls could use

being fastidious with your positioning and making sure you didn't miss anything was part of the challenge. now that I can just guess and check in real time (even letting me see how much damage each enemy does it I commit to a move) there's a lot less mental work and I blow through player phases in half the time. I also basically know for a fact that none of my units are going to die when I hit the End button which removes some tension

>Will the AI attack the bait that I set for it or target someone else?
>Yes, good
uhh sorry to break it to you but that's literally why its a terrible addition.
strategy games(you know, STRATEGY) are not just about the placement of your units, but also dealing with how the enemy reacts to it.
having the lines show it so you beforehand, kills the whole aspect of having to deal with poor decisionmaking because there is no poor decisionmaking anymore.

your example is even the showing why its so bad lmao
if the enemy wouldnt take the bait, you'd simply place your unit on another tile until you see the red line.
thats not strategy, thats following on screen instructions

i can't believe that Yea Forums actually has casuals like you lurking around now

Sniper basically promotes into Bow Knight, so... don't worry about it

Dont try so hard. Its literally every game in which the triangle determines the basic strategy of plotting units against each other.
It didnt mean auto-death but it certainly effected enough.

Can someone redpill me on pic related?
I was really digging it up until chapter 4 at which point it became a massive slog. I still want to see it through because the presentation is so much better than the other nu-Fire Emblems but I'm at Nuibaba's abode now and there has to be an easier way. Its literally painful trying to inch around back just to have the mages fully heal everyone each turn. The fucking cantor endlessly spawning fodder enemies doesn't help.
And the map I'm at with Celica has the god awful swamp tiles you have to slog through just to get to another fucking cantor that spawns god damn necrodragons, so by the time you finally get there you have about twice as many units waiting for you.

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 1.86M)

ruptured heaven

gambits

snipe his ass

fighting relic weapons in melee is suicide. fucking catherine is more deadly than the dragon, quad hitting for 32 damage each jesus christ

I havent played the game yet, but you just made a big case against it.

That stuff sounds like an absolute buzzkill man.

Yeah if you didn’t have Swordmaster Rutger fucking 8x would feel impossible.
God I hate Gaiden Chapters, they’re marginally better than Revelation

Never understood the love for PoR in the english FE community, the english version has fucked difficulty settings.

It's brainless unless you've got your hands on the Japanese version or a mod that lets you use Maniac mode in english which I'm sure most people don't even know exists.

Celica’s maps just fucking suck, that’s it

Sheesh what a retard

Attached: winku.gif (348x248, 1.66M)

>Bernadetta, on the other hand... Now that is a person who deserves decapitaton.
Struck a nerve, neet?

>snipe his ass
*laughs in counterattack*

Really wish I believed the Yea Forumsirgins complaining about maps on launch and played on casual.
Having to burn through 20 turns just to reach the enemy just to be sniped in 1 hit from a mage or witch is cancer.

Attached: 1441666499051.jpg (960x720, 147K)

>the dub are is good with a few mishaps
>Get curious on how the Japanese sounds
>It's decent until I hear Bernadetta's voice
Thanks Bernie, you're the reason why I'm picking Golden Deer over Black Eagles

How do you snipe him? He even has a ranged counter attack that one shots.

I ran out of gambits, but maybe that's a good idea. I'll restart and save them for him.

Lysitheachads WW@?

>go on twitch to check gameplay
>Battle begins
>team mates Naruto run into the enemy
>enemy somehow dies

Yeah no thanks

>Persona invented relationship mechanics

Attached: 17327712812.jpg (3392x844, 767K)

You say this like it took 200 iq to realize the phys unit is going to attack the unit with low def. the line is pointless but you guys are making mountains out of molehills.

as long as the counter doesn't one shot it's still totally worth doing so.

I cheesed every stronghold camping piece of shit story boss with Dorothea dropping a meteor on them followed by Byleth using his sword

You know whats also QoL? Having the game calculate the best course of action on how to kill everyone for you automatically?
It's QoL bro you could totally have brained it up yourself, its just making it more streamlined!

Attached: 1544971838080.jpg (310x238, 12K)

It’s a shit game that some people forgive because of its presentation. The only way to have fun is to get as many bowknights with killer bows as possible.

westernbabbs are casual
incidentally I don't like Maniac very much, it's such a slog especially early

>strawmen
Oh sweetie, embarrassing

How does the multiple hits in combat thing work? I'd scour the ingame guide but I'm being a wagie atm

it's mediocre. pretty standard anime dub voices, no one feels like they're actually in the same room or communicating, just reading off lines. just the nature of a game like this.
bigger problem is that the localisation of the dialogue is so damn dry compared to past fire emblem games. few of the characters feel authentic befcause of it

Serious question. Is there a route where all three lords/main characters live?
If not, which of the four routes is best for last? Like a good playing order.

Also it’s plot is like really bad too, like fucking arguably worse than Fates at some points

People actually liked the weapon triangle?

+4 speed over opponent doubles. some weapons can quad

The best order to play is Eagles > Lions > Deer > Church

Let me explain it to you step by step:

Example 1:

Before
>move unit carelessly
>end turn
>enemy walks past line of defense
>unit you didnt wanna get hit, gets hit
Now
>move unit carelessly
>red line pops up
>oh I better move it somewhere else
We all make mistakes. Everyone has had this happen sometime. Its part of strategygames to make wrong moves and dealing with the consequences. Not just making the best move every turn.

But its not just your movement. Example 2:
>have lonely low HP unit in range of an enemy
>know that it'll probably die during the enemy's turn so I need to make sure that its covered somehow and divert a healer from my main group
Standard situation right?
Only not because this time, the red line indicates that the enemy is targeting a different unit than the low HP one, so I dont have to do anything and know it'll be safe during the enemy's turn.
This is a literal example since this happened to me in the DK map with Petra.

What you like about this change and what you call quality of life, is the casualization of that strategy aspect. Most other people don't like that.

>Archers get a counter ability after you max them

oh sweetie that was on the old Fire Emblem games, in this one that counter if the first skill you get

the triangle would be better if swords weren't grossly over represented making it barely applicable in many cases

unrelated, does ANYONE actually play in meme zoom mode

Not sure if this is a localization but I love how Sumia ends up reading a romantic novelization or Genealogy of the Holy War

Attached: 5C31103B-4762-4099-9B3A-FC92CD64110F.jpg (1024x640, 61K)

Here brother.

Should I try to master classes in Hard Mode?
I feel like it's just gonna lead me to waste levels on classes with inferior growth rates. Also I feel like the time limit doesn't lend itself too well to doing that.

>the phys unit is going to attack the unit with low def
Question, have you ever played on something that isnt normal difficulty? Because enemy AI changed in that regard.
And even for first playthroughs it wasn't always a constant you could rely on to 100%. In this game however, you can.

>move unit carelessly
Stopped reading. You're the retard if you don't even have the attack range of the enemies on

Gambits and Dark Spikes.

Attached: EAhnVqAU4AAyQXz.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

they still get one shot from full health anyways so it doesn't matter, besides Assassins who haven't been able to switch back to sword yet

Did you pick the best girl Yea Forums?

Attached: flayn.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>Fuck off you absolute faggot.
lmao casuals be mad

how do you get Discipline?

Yeah that's right I exaggerated your retarded argument. It's the game effectively flat out telling you about the results of your actions immediately to your face, you just think the line hasn't been crossed while literally everyone else that likes to think for themselves have.

Not that guy, but the red lines aren't entirely reliable.
If one of your units gets damaged during enemy phase, and is in range of other enemy units who were targeting someone else, those enemies might instead change their mind last minute during enemy phase to attack the damaged unit.
I don't necessarily disagree that the lines are a bit of a casualization, but they're not that trustworthy, especially in a battle with lots of ranged units or few chokepoints.

I picked based Annette.

Should I just remove batallions? I don't even use them in battles.

Xcom gambling right there

Check to see if the skills are worth it

Those are two different things you fucking clown

Cant you combine Eagles and Church into one playthrough? Like save before the branching path?

I’m kinda leaning Marianne currently

Except it does nothing but fuck over player axe users. You still haven't provided me examples. HM bonuses far outweigh the impacts of WT past chapter 4 or so in 6. 5 has a nonsensical WT that literally did not matter and SD and NM WT also didnt matter given how avo was calculated in those games and I don't see you complaining about those games
Fact of the matter is WT is not as important as you think it is in most games. You just have a placebo effect because green good red bad. Three houses is too easy but thats because of enemy placements and units being too weak which is something they can easily fix with a difficulty patch and not because of the lack of WT
8x is the fucking bane of my existance. 22x(?) sacae route is also a bag of dicks and an absolutely horrendous map in general that would feel impossible if niime didn't exist

STRONGEST AND CUTEST NUKE

You can get skills that give you the old triangle advantage.

Thats absolutely true.
This also goes for enemies who block other enemies' paths.

But having finished one route already, I can tell you that the times that this happen to a point where it made a difference, is something I can count on one hand. To 99% the lines are reliable.

lol wait til you're fighting those fucking 100 accuracy golems before saying that.

Leadership is core for every unit. High rank battalions give OP gambits and tens of hit, avoid, might, and protect

The size of this lad

Attached: EAnkCFqUEAAs7iU.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

Why the fuck did they remove the option to combine vulneraries?

I see people always arguing over Sacae and Ilia, when in reality they’re both dogshit

What's with Nintendo causing artificial scarcity with fucking Fire Emblem games? I work at target and we got fucking 6 copies and every Gamestop around me is sold out

Of course.

Attached: _20190729_005125.jpg (2048x2048, 729K)

>You still haven't provided me examples.
Because you made a bullshit statement.
Your whole argument is misapplied because it doesnt even matter in the context and "other games!" is a strawmen.

And I didnt say that it was ultra important, just that it provided a better strategic framework than "choose whoever you want to attack whoever you want." At least try keeping up.

I felt so bad for her.

>>"You seem well" during tea party
>>Lysithea disliked that
>>tfw learning why later

FUCK NIGHTCRAWLERS

Yeah, totally, as I said, I don't disagree that they are a casualization. I do hope they give you the option to turn them off. You can already rewind which is incredibly OP.

You know they give stat boosts, right? Depending on the battalion they give more Strength, Magic, Defense or Res, all essentially for free. They're like a second weapon.

I mean look at this shit
>+7 Attack
>+6 Magic
>+6 Defense
>+5 Res
You'd have to be stupid to not have battalions on every single unit.

Attached: 1541031845819.jpg (1280x720, 284K)

You always try this, and you always get shut down.
Why not learn user?

He looks gay. Is he a gay option?

Doga will choke this point.

Mah nigga.
It helps that she is really good being able to heal from anywhere and if you invest in reason she is a fantastic magic attacker.

Doesn't seem like most of them are.

>You'd have to be stupid to not have battalions on every single unit.
OK, I'll take that as a challenge for my next run.

If a character isn’t able to make it for tea, can I just reset until they do? Trying to score some points with Shamir

But that makes less sense, since it's only with the DS triangle effects implented from Shadow Dragon to Fates that the weapon triangle really ever made a meaningful difference.
The first incarnation from FE4 through RD was a fucking joke when it came to lances. Having a weapon triangle disadvantage in Awakening at neutralizes your weapon rank bonuses. Not a big deal after you get some levels in you, but certainly more significant than anything in the GBA games.

her tits are literally bigger than her head AND are smushed in that buttoned coat jesus fucking christ those milkers

I made her a warrior because the empress charging into battle half naked with a huge axe is funny

who else /bitter angry old lady/ here?

Attached: 1549191526326.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Ilia is far easier than sacae IMO because bow knights are literal cancer to deal with but shin is a FAR better unit than tate in HM so most of the time you end up going to sacae anyway
But yeah both routes fucking suck
But you literally said it delegated a massive part of the strategy in fe. Im telling you it barely matters in most games it's been in. Why would bringing in other fe be a strawman?
Have you even played any fe game other than 3H?

I’m torn on keeping her a priest or going full meme budding talent ice spear Cav.

Interesting choice of class.
Made her a Great Knight at lvl 30. Looks really good.

Persona is being used as an inspiration for bad reasons in various games

Not If I go with Based Hanneman.

I have yet to see a situation where they’d rather attack my knight instead of the mage/healer if they’re in range. And I typically play on the hardest difficulty.

Is she a femcel or just a used up roastie who spent her peak days slutting it up sucking nigger dick?

it's more valkyria chronicles than anything else

No match for the scrappiest Manlet that you know. I’m glad I took this kid off axes.

Attached: 5932F219-7959-46E4-86B4-7410E97F7A4E.jpg (1200x675, 152K)

I’m honestly surprised how many terrible maps there are in Binding Blade.
I heard it was harder than Blazing Blade (played After Awakening/All Three routes of Fates) which I was excited for but Jesus Christ I hated so much.
I guess I’m a Conquestfag because I adore Fates gameplay too

You don't need to play much to realise she is a slut.

I now imagine a non shit valkyria 2

she's a standard nip christmas cake, her slob room and heavy drinking scare away all men

She's such a bitter old bitch when she's not pretending to be a lusty ara ara that nobody can stand her when she has a couple of drinks poured into her. It's kinda hilarious that they put a character this fucking real into a video game. Almost like Sylvain, AKA every rich guy who realizes that people only like him for his money.

I hate that faggot so much. My mages have better defense than him ffs.

Sure I suppose but they have requirements to fulfill to go in Edelgard's route so you need to do them before the timeskip

He never moves off his tile, you can cheese with gambit + Canto on cavalry units or gambit + drawback/rescue

Sounds like you got fucked over royally, m8. Mine has more than enough defense.

Attached: 1537858017330.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

They could cut most of the exploration content

I spend most of my fucking time talking and walking
Im considering lowering the difficulty to normal so I can fucking stay fighting for longer but the game is already retarded easy on hard

My Caspar is this fucking close to getting death blow. Can’t wait til he gets +11 attack and +20 crit on initiation with gauntlets, getting hard just thinking about it.

>Have you even played any fe game other than 3H?
More strawmanning to cover your weak argument..
Yes I've played all of them and you still dont make sense, because it still provided more fundamental strategy delegation than this could ever do.

Do skill levels affect anything other than whether a unit can pass a certain class exam or use a certain weapon?

Attached: NgYuQE8.png (640x436, 430K)

>Fog of war desert map where you have to ferry around a fucking mounted unit and a level 1 shitter who dies to every single unit on the map
It's hard because the enemy actually has stats and not for the map unfortunately

Give her the fish
Give her the fish HARD

>Watch a stream
>Dudes in the tutorial
>Somewhere along the line was suddenly addressed as "Professor"
wait what
why are you the experienced teacher when you're still learning shit in the game and asking people questions about lore n shit

Attached: 1528887036533.jpg (686x576, 37K)

It really could. Its annoying as fuck together with the casualization.

I really think that once the initial hype dies down, this'll be regarded as a mid-range FE title

>check out game since it's getting so many threads
>standard weebshit game
>single player
>weebs arguing about difficulty
Jesus, no SP game is difficult. Play against actual people if you difficulty lol

Yes and no.
Having High stats help but I managed to pass a Mortal Savant class as Byleth with A+ in Sword but D+ in Reason.
30% chance and I passed.

You may disagree but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: best girls.jpg (3791x1849, 1.68M)

your character is an experienced mercenary in story, so you get hired to teach war to children

There are plot reasons
But supposedly , you are a veteran mercenary, so its understandable

I don't think the word delegation means what you two think it means

In-universe, you’re an experienced mercenary and strategist, even though you don’t know much about the country. I haven’t finished the game yet, but there are also lots of hints dropped that there was another reason you were appointed.

Higher ranks unlock new arts and skills. Flying eventually unlocks a skill that removes the flying weakness for example, and all weapon types offer a skill that replicates old weapon skill bonuses.

You were a sheltered kid but you really know a fuckton about fighting. Also Jeralt is now basically CONSCRIPTED into becoming a Knight again and you're the pope's mom/daughter so you have double nepotism going for you.

Remove 60% of the exploration filler and give us more combat and the game becomes much fucking better

A lot of the characters are almost uncomfortably real, it makes killing them in war that much more miserable.

Bernie was abused and literally tied to a chair for days so she'd shut up, Dorothea is an orphan commoner terrified of dying poor and alone, Linhart is a disillusioned genius disgusted by the people in power who want to use his intelligence for their own benefit, Petra is a foreign hostage of a minor power desperately struggling for relevance, Lysithea is the sole surviving heir working frantically to help her family with what little time she has left.

Compared to Fates characters it's night and day

>Nuclear weapon voiced by Aoi Yuuki
Say no more

Because your dad forced you to become a profressor.

lol no. You will need them against certain enemy types, not to mention they are basically free passive stat bonuses which get higher with their exp.

Oh, you're right, I forgot about that. Thanks.

>durability is back

Attached: 1562977508129.png (894x773, 48K)

Fuck, I'm going to have to change my dub now.

Jiii

Attached: __lysithea_von_cordelia_fire_emblem_three_houses_and_etc__31830459e4006bd6ee6ab5f060a764e4.jpg (1100x1200, 160K)

Unlocking abilities

I'm now imagining a gigantic man in full plate armor beating the shit out of enemies with nothing but his gauntlets.

Battalions are free hits tho, I use them all the time when I cant one shot someone, which is very often

Alright my dude you're gonna have to explain yourself on that one

A weapon of mass destruction shouldn't be this cute.

Attached: maki.jpg (600x525, 40K)

tsurume is always god tier

>lv 30
>still uses Iron Axe
Why? Don't tell me ''cos skills''.

Is this like MH threads where we sarcastically talk shit about the game before starting the thread?

historically accurate. knights killed each other by wrestling to the ground and stabbing through the visor or joints.

Cheap, low weight, better accuracy. Sometimes it doesn’t take much to kill an enemy.

Because hit rate, weight and durability.

He quads with Steel gauntlets.
He gets doubled with a Steel Axe.
He doubles with an Iron Axe.

I swear fatesbabbies don't understand how fire emblem works at all now that both weight and durability are back.

iron is faster so more doubles but it should be a +

>unlock Annetes thunderaxe whatever hidden skill
>getting exited as to how cool the skill will look
>it's just the generic smash animation you get like the other ones
Fuck. Let me guess, Icelance is also just a generic swing if the lance?

At least upgrade it to Iron Axe+

I’ll do that when the axe breaks.

Yup

The lack of skill animations really makes the game shittier

magic got all the cool animation budget

how does recruiting even works?
Is it byleth stats? The general group stats?
I want to recruit some claude niggas

Fuck edelgard

Snipers dodge is a think of beauty. Watching Bern doing cartwheels is the best.

Basically this.
Even their evade + counter looks cool af.

Just buy gifts and spam them on the ones you want to recruit.

Are paired endings locked into the first A support?

God fucking damn it. Why couldn't they added something subtle at least?

Attached: 1563185839274.gif (400x204, 79K)

Supports with the unit + Byleth's stats and skill levels. It's typically B rank skills for no support, C rank skills for C ran support and D rank skills for B support. It's not possible to get to A rank before the timeskip when they're actually recruitable.

The actual stat depends on what stat they want, the Magic required is lower than the Strength for example, due to ease of raising Str over Mag.

>have to pick between hearing Aoi Yuuki as Lysithea and suffer shitty Bernadetta or Robbie Daymond as Hubert and a good Bernadetta
Goddammit

>Lysithea is God Tier
>Petra is god Tier as a sword unit and ridiculous over the top tier as a wyvern rider or pegasus knight
>Hilda is God Tier
Good lord these girls, man.

INB4 Dimitri tears them up with his gambit that does 66 dmg

Yes

I heard one of the girls die. Who is it so I doubt waste time and resources on the?

Attached: e3f9dfca31d494cfb75a12eebd210ee4.jpg (742x950, 221K)

I'm still not sure who am I supposed to fuck? Dorothea is going on dates a lot (not sure if she fucks those guys, but let's pretend she doesn't) but with a goal; she wants to settle down. On the other hand, Petra is cute with her bad Engrish grammar. (I can relate to that because I am not a native English speaker) Also, she has tattoos all over her bodies.
What to do, anons?

Depends on the route.

How to recruit:
1.) Each student has a stat (str,mag,etc.) that they prefer. The higher Blyeth's stat the better. They also have a skill they prefer (swords, faith, whatever). It's usually what the recruit is proficient in. It tells you what they are when you attempt to recruit and fail.
2.) Raising the support level to B with a student makes it very easy to recruit (usually means you can get away with a D in the skill and ~15 or less in the stat).
You raise support with lost items/gifts, and you can also build support by asking them for mission assistance. Any action that would award EXP provides support to Byleth instead. Also you can answer their questions correctly for a bit of support.
Eventually there is a battle quest for merchants, finish that and when they show up in the market you can buy gifts from them every month. Also you can find gifts and lost items around the explore area.
So basically you either (a) are very proficient in the stats/skills they prefer, or (b) get their support level with Byleth to B and they will be much easier to recruit.
Generally my strat was to feed them a gifts and shit to get to C, bring them along once to help support, and then feed more gifts / tea time to get them to trigger the B support, and then recruit.
3.) There are a couple characters you can't recruit (they won't have the option), and there are also a couple who might leave depending on your route. There are also a few characters that are stupidly easy to recruit depending on your Byleth gender.

Dorothea leans more on the girl side.
No Yuri shitting here, it's in her supports. (so you're safe from her touching guys unless it's you)
Petra is a pretty good choice

Dimitri got Catherine'd. Raped with gambits then put down with a near 200 dmg nuke crit.

Basically, both are good.

Depends on the route. You can say good bye with most of the Church allies if you side with a certain someone in the Red Eagles route.

Picture related leave you forever.

Attached: Flayn_Portrait.png (1200x1200, 802K)

I got Bernie with b rank support and e+ in bow, can you make up for it with the other skill?

That's basically Warrior from Dragon's Crown if he loses the sword
Dude goes full Fist of the North Star

flayn lives if you make sure byleth is the one to beat her, she and Seteth go back into hiding

Sad part of the route desu.
But ultimately understandable

She had to die for the greater good

>do three consecutive gambits on Dimitri
>2 of them miss and the third did barely any damage
>He uses Glowing Ember on Petra
>Thought she would dodge but he proceeds to crit her with 325 damage
REEEEEEE I HATE BAD RNG

Dorothea and Petra paired is one of their better endings imo. especially if you're going for El which let's be honest if you went Eagles you are

You can save her if Byleth is the one defeating her.She doesn't have to die.
Like said

No, the requirements are requirements, flat out. You still need to get whatever stat she wants. On the plus side you just need D rank in Bows so she's not far off.

Once the honeymoon phase end this will be remembered as one of the worst game in the franchise.

Fates Revelation and Fire Emblem Gaiden exist in this world.

At least you can divine pulse like 10 times.

I remember in the good ol days when that meant restart time.

>mods starting deleting threads criticizing the game on reddits fireemblem community
Is this true?
A friend just said this, but if its true than it is pathetic display.
Is this really the only place where you can properly discuss games without powermod crap?

Wrong.
I had the lowest tier in Magic etc.
Still manged to get the nuke with a B support.

No one is getting spared from the axe

Attached: 1557493882638.jpg (1200x1153, 262K)

Maybe to you.

Divine pulse doesn't reset bad RNG

the only ones who you must kill are Dedue, Dimitri, Alois, Gilbert and Catherine. Even Hilda can be recruited to eagles with enough effort

No I mean I actually recruited her with only e+ in bow.

This. If anything this is mid-tier or lower range, but definitely not the worst.

Shadow Dragon on DS was fucking baaad.

Also I'm in the minority here but I didn't really like the gamecube games that much. The eagle bros were cool and all but..yeah.

>kino story regardless of route
>characters with actual depth and flaws
>will be updated with lunatic mode which will be hopefully hard as balls
>40-70 hour story that you can play through 4 different ways
SEETHING

youtu.be/5u8vd_YNbTw

Based emperors lap dog

It also varies depending on the character. Some are just super easy to get, like Sylvain is basically a free recruit for Female Byleth.

You just have to alter the seed of events by doing things differently next time. I usually go back to the start of my turn or two turns if its really fucked and try it again.

i put it in mid high tier personally,

When you have games with maps that are actively unfun to play like echoes and rev I’m going to have to disagree with you. Next play through I’m going to go through with as little school shit as possible to see where it really places, but so far it’s pretty middle of the road, like most fire emblems end up being.

>MUH STORY MUH CHARACTERS
>what's that 60 hours of those 70 are spend walking around the monastery?!?!?!?!?!?
>HOLY FUCKING BASED WE DID BROS FE IS NOW A SIMS VISUAL NOVEL FUCK GAMEPLAY!

How many units is it possible to kill the edgy route?

How the fuck has this shit not be cemented yet? I thought people would’ve had it fully datamined before the game officially came

Not him but lets see what we got here
>kino story regardless of route
>characters with actual depth and flaws
I agree but it takes low priority to the core game design which is underwhelming in this game

>will be updated with lunatic mode which will be hopefully hard as balls
Hopefully yeah but the core is still casualized enough to make me think this wont happen
>40-70 hour story that you can play through 4 different ways
Without running around and doing fetch quests and other sideshit, you're on +25hrs for actual meat of the game

All of them
Just don't recruit anyone

The RNG is seeded until another impactful action like combat occurs. Once that happens, the negative outcome (usually a fucking boss crit or monster AI changing its mind and gangraping some squishy character) can be changed.

Almost all the named church characters, Blue Lions and Golden Deers

she's YOUR lapdog in her route. hubert works overtime to disguise the fact the emperor takes unconditional orders from her fucking schoolteacher, she begs you to call her El which only her late father ever did, and she's completely codependent on your presence to not go insane

It take more than just a stats to enemies to fix the dificulty of this game. This is even more unbalanced than awakening.

They did, but shit fluctuates based on a lot of factors. The amount of lost items returned as well as gifts given (INDEPENDENT OF SUPPORT LEVELS) are also a factor, as is grabbing them and doing a sidequest while they're still in the other houses.

Basically, shit's complicated.

Everyone not on your side.

Wait gifts/lost items are independent of support? Interesting.

>Without running around and doing fetch quests and other sideshit, you're on +25hrs for actual meat of the game
Its Yakuza but without the fun.

Kinda funny how it was foreshadowed several chapters before that when Byleth and El had a chat about becoming an emperor and saying you'd be fit for that.

Technically even if you recruit them you still kill their obvious NPC expies with the same stats and weapon.

Like this motherfucker who is OBVIOUSLY supposed to be Felix.

Attached: 1544317890355.jpg (1280x720, 244K)

They raise support but also add in to lowering the skill and stats required. Lost items MUCH moreso than gifts.

So what is the point of this degenerate tea time touching?

Attached: 1504494445192.jpg (1200x1553, 154K)

Flan-chan and Mini Nuke

Attached: dulce-de-leche-flan-2a.jpg (1000x1074, 84K)

Listen user, you are absolutely free to hate video games on this Ethiopian hut design image board, but the Persona/Sim aspects of NuFE isn't going away any time soon, and they actually pulled it off well. Hardcore SRPGs don't sell, and if I have to put up with waifu incels and fujos to get a decent Fire Emblem game that sells enough to have Nintendo pump out more games, so be it.

>no fists
Not my Felix

Looking at Hanneman perfect monocle and Mustache.
Only non Yuri romance I'll make with Fem Byleth desu.

I guess that makes since they had to do that since your basically taking soldiers away would make shit to easy

So I'm a blue lions boy and I'm pretty far into the story.

How do the other houses justify their campaigns?

Black eagles hires thieves and bad dudes to overthrow the church because the church are cunts and historical patriarchy stuff.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend shit but how is it justifiable?

Isn't it hinted at that edelgards mom killed dimitri's dad in the tragedy of duscar?

No, it's Fish sticks and Mini Nuke

>B Supported Bernie two chapters ago
>STILL hasn't joined my house
Come the fuck on you hikki bitch

Any1 got a list of which lost item belongs to who?

He's built up as a sneaky underhanded trickster who would thrive in the world of noble political infighting when you first meet him. If you're really reaching you could stretch that into him being positioned differently on the cover to contrast him with the more straightforward other lords, but again, that's a hell of a reach. Claude being a snake gets dropped almost immediately and goes nowhere anyways.

Raise your bow prof to D

>told that increasing support is faster for recruiting people
>get multiple people to C
>they still don't want to join me
>even Felix, whose stat requirements I actually meet
What the fuck?

Attached: 1563453427864.jpg (626x480, 58K)

The story changes based on which route you take.
You're always the "good guy"

Attached: 1860910.jpg (600x600, 91K)

What's decent about baby easy casual game where you can rewind your tun 10 times in one chapter?

>Isn't it hinted at that edelgards mom killed dimitri's dad in the tragedy of duscar?
No, that was actually someone else, she defected to the kingdom and became a queen consort to the king, basically making Edelgard and Dimitri step siblings, but then the tragedy of Duscur happened and both of them got killed.

No, you're most definitely the "bad guys" in the Black Eagle route, you even fight enemy Lords who aren't playable characters. Like Claude's mom here.

Attached: 1561445740004.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

Don't use it, then? Before the Divine Pulse most players just fucking reset the chapter if they fucked up. It's basically a just time saver. The number of available resets is excessive but they can tweak that for Lunatic.

Edelgard did nothing wrong

Hey should I make Ralph into a Brigand Brawler or Armor Knight

It doesn't matter game is trash easy

yeah but I mean just look at her advisor he's a fucking hunched back away from being iago

make him into a punchdude armor knight

More tactical options beyond positioning and handing stat boosts between units is exactly what Fire Emblem needs.

Well I’m the type of person who struggled to pick what to promote Gerik to in Sacred Stones for two days

Yeah I'm sure that Griffith did nothing wrong too

Or just any kind of effect. The one Bernie and Claude get at A-rank bows is fucking phenomenal, locking that opponent out of movement for the turn.

In Eagles route it is revealed from day 1 that Rhea is actually a giant fucking dragon who has been secretly ruling the continent and manipulating mankind for a thousand years. She knows this because the very first emperor was a collaborator with the immaculate one and its been a royal secret ever since.

In Eagles route the empire suddenly become the most reasonable power on the continent. Claude sells out the nation to foreign armies, the Kingdom abandons the border defences and allows invading forces to advance and the church usurp rule of the Holy Kingdom and set their own capitol on fire with everyone still inside. Oh and Dedue uses crest monster research to lead a suicide attack during a key battle turning his men and himself into beasts.

Claude happily surrenders and orders his men to follow you after a single siege, half of leicester already supported the empire.

Edelgard's goal is to slay the dragon and abolish crest based nobility

Big boosts to support and it also boosts the charm stat.

There is a weapon triangle, but you just have to raise your weapon skill to B to unlock it. Sword users get Axebreaker, Lance users get Swordbreaker, etc.

Hell you kill them in the non edgy route, The Blue Lions, all of them.

I guess Hilda and Claude are spared though