Can we actually discuss the greatest rpg of all time?

Can we actually discuss the greatest rpg of all time?

Attached: planescape-torment-banner.png (970x545, 790K)

Its a VN, not an RPG

Sure, you just have to post it first instead of a shitty interactive novel with dogshit combat.

Okay. Fallout 2 is pretty good.

That's not Betrayal at Krondor.

Pretty light on the game part of RPG.

pic unrelated?

i always thought the name of this fucking game was PLANET escape

Attached: 1564400432567.png (200x300, 28K)

>that one game that is only liked by zoomers because they think it makes them look sophisticated

I don't see the cover of a japanese game on there.

>implying only Japanese games do that

So you haven't played Torment but felt the need to shit on the japs?

I think it's too long. I got to the point where I'm supposed to take a drop of Kesai Serris's blood to open portal to Ravel but I need a vial and I have no idea where to get it. The problem with that game is that there is often only one vendor with only one item of sort that should be available to buy everywhere and it never tells you where. Once you get to Cleric's Ward the game literally turns from a fun, guided story with a lot of fantastic shit happening to a chore of going everywhere to accidentally stumble upon a solution to your problem. It got really bad which is a shame because the game was fantastic until this point.
Also I got duped into believing that improving combat skills is not necessary. "It REALLY is a different game bro" they said. "Put all points into INT and WIS bro" they said. Meanwhile there are many places with high level monsters where my entire party gets obliterated despite the fact that Dakkon is supposed to be a great warrior and I also had that fire mage I forgot the name of (he was actually good, had strong spells, but I lost him because I wanted to try Nordom and the fore mage bugged out and I couldn't add him to party again).
How far am I from finishing the game? I might try if I'm near the finish but if it gets another 20 hours then I'll pass.

I loved it when I was like 14. I sometimes feel like replaying it, but the clunky as fuck controls always push me away. Feels bad man. Same goes for Fallouts 1&2.

Attached: 1431092982806.jpg (240x232, 19K)

>fire mage
Ignus, I just remembered

If the retard from the other thread is here my offer still stands
>post your discord i have a group of highly experienced RPG professionals and i want to debate you

holy fuck how are we still, after all my time here, after over a decade, pretending we like this game? why are we still vidya virtue signaling? fuck off

That's not Skyrim

Attached: th.jpg (512x491, 30K)

i know its you my offer still stands

Me too, as a kid. Planet Escape: Tournament.

can this thread just be a comfy torment thread? we already have the other thread to fight out the western v nip battle

>i have a group of highly experienced RPG professionals
can you be more cringe?

can you be this oblivious?

>discord
How's your transition going?

When does this game start to become less shit? I just met up with the dude in the warrens who asks you to find some shit in the tomb and so far it is fucking BORING

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Does it start to become less objectively shit in the next couple of hours or should I just drop it and move on?

Is that a new mod for New Vegas?

>When does this game start to become less shit?
It doesn't, it's a dogshit game written by a 14 year old emo

>we
hey buddy maybe you’ve only just started posting here but this isnt a hivemind like reddit or twitter. stop posting or fuck off.

what did I forget?

So was the nameless one's crimes tied to the Blood war or was he just generally a dick during his first incantation?

lurk moar

>greatest rpg of all time
>you only need to raise WIS and CON to beat it

no, you explain to all of us how one becomes so illiterate they confuse "obvious" with "oblivious" and are too stupid too pick up on it when given a chance to correct themselves. go ahead, you fucking tourist, I am waiting.

The opposite happened to me, once the pregnant wall opened, was when the game became really fun.
Some anons give bad advice, but if you put points into INT then you should be dealing damage as a mage already.
Also, once you get to Ravel it's mostly combat from that point towards the end, and there's probably about 1/3 of the main quest left.

i meant oblivious as stated retard

Oh I forgot I actually got her blood on a handkerchief but the game got so tiring that I play it for 15 minutes every two weeks so I forgot. This game is just too long.
How far am I from finish, can anyone answer that?

>i have a group of highly experienced RPG professionals and i want to debate you
Jesus, this is like luring some person towards some seedy back alley to get gangbanged.

this isn't Arcanum?

So what the fuck did you mean by that?

>why yes, I am an ESL nigger from a third world country, what gave it away?

i think it was pretty obvious he meant oblivious since you didn't picked up the fact that the dude was trying to bait the other one to post his discord

>debate
more like 5 people spam their opinions and eventually kick you from the chat to claim victory

Ah crap this doesn't help.
>1/3 left
>mostly combat
>lost Ignus
Into a backlog of shame it goes

Just drop it already. No need to force yourself to playing a game that you're not into.

Well I am not a gay fag, so I am not familiar with what you people do when you want to find a dick on discord.

> A crack team of RPG professionals.
I heard the A Team theme in my head.

>Yea Forums\
>Well I am not a gay fag

nice try buddy

Great game but I never finished it. Felt like it was really easy to get lost.

thats not moo2

that is definitely not the original edition of Baldur's Gate 1

The reason people recommend to max INT and WIS is because those stats unlock the most dialogue and content.
The problem is that most of those content are just more words that some players don't really like on top of all the reading they've already done.
If you ever want to play through it again, just go with fighter, thief or mage, whichever suits you best. Just remember that Planescape Torment's best quality is the personal story of TNO, with an interesting setting.
I also find Morte to be a capable melee companion.

hes a pussy bitch

>Yea Forums tells me that Planescape: Torment is a "visual novel"
>Play it
>It's an open-world RPG with quests, hubs, day/night cycle, towns, stats, party members, tons of items, spells, abilities like stealth and pick-pocketing, etc, and tons of scenarios that can be approached with multiple ways. Actually, it's completely optional to do much talking, in fact you won't get as much dialogue options depending on how you level your character

Yeah but won't I get locked out of memories and lore if I don't max INT/WIS? I'd gladly remove some useless junk text but not of my knowledge and understanding of the story suffers from it.

I loved the story and the lore, as well as the various settings. Really great concepts all around. Good cast of characters. Dialog was sometimes a chore to get through. For an infinity engine game, combat leaves a lot to be desired. While it functions basically the same as the likes of Icewind Dale or Baldurs Gate, the gear and spell options are severely lacking, and it doesnt seem to have a lot of polish - it feels janky at times. I enjoyed my time with it, but probably wouldnt play through it ever again. I really hope to see more games take place in the same setting though, and being able to explore different Planes rather than just one. That was one of my favorite aspects of PST. Some of the prerendered bgs were really cool looking and stirred the imagination.

Yes you get locked out of some memories/lore, but the story as a whole is still complete even without max INT and WIS. You won't miss out on anything 'important' to TNO, but you're missing out on those AHA! stuff.

I don't know how Monte Cook allowed this piece of trash to even exist, frankly an embarassment to the genre at large, there's NES games with better gameplay than this garbage.

Overrated piece of shit. If any of you would have played it before the bullshit reputation it got in this last decade, you all would think it's boring as fuck. In fact, I'm completely sure those who actually played it have to force yourself to enjoy it and couldn't even finish it because it is torture.

Played it when it came out. Cool game.