Be Atlus

>Be Atlus
>You absolutely loathe the shit out of PC
>Your parent company Sega is trying to coerce you into porting your games to PC
>You tell Sega that you'll "test the waters"
>Port a seven years old game at the same time an enhanced version of said game has been announced and is about to be released. That way most you ensure that most PC buyers will ignore the port because they'll rather wait for a port of said enhanced version
>The port itself is mediocre enough that the PC gamers willing to buy the base game will ignore it, but competent enough that it is playable...
>Playable to pirates because you deliberately released the port without any anti-piracy protection
>At the end the game not only sold like shit but it was pirated to hell and back, as you planned.
>Tell Sega: "look: they don't want our games. Or at least they don't want to pay for it.
>Sega says: "I see. I won't bother you anymore. How weird, they liked Yakuza".

Atlus plays 4D chess

Attached: Atlus.jpg (595x369, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sega-games.co.jp/ir/images/20190621.pdf
dualshockers.com/super-robot-wars-v-x-pc-steam-switch/
personacentral.com/atlus-financial-fiscal-year-2019/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based. Fuck PC fags, they are insufferable.

I actually bought Catherine, but it only runs at 30 fps, so might as well wait a month longer and get Full Body on PS4.
Also could these retards port P4G to literally any other platform than the Vita?

Good, why would they give PCfags their games? Get a console or enjoy playing Minesweeper.

stop making this shitty thread faggot

>Sega ports a couple of dogshit games nobody cares about to PC
>EOPs think this means Sega now loves PC
Call me when they announce any of their actual games, buddy.

I wonder what makes people post this.
Is it just desire to shit up the board? Is it retardation? Compensating for growing up/being destitute?
Goes for PC mustard warriors as well.

It runs at 60fps though since they patched it
That makes it better than full body

This reply. This is the exact reason why I did it, and you played into my hand.

So desire to shit up the board, got it.

Since when?
Last time I tried it ran nominally at 60, but all it did was double frames.

I'll get a console as soon as they habe native KBM support and stop having performance problems. Why do you enjoy locking yourself into streamlined experiences? Because it costs a little bit less up front?

He played you like a fiddle, his mind is unmatched.

Attached: images (3).jpg (161x196, 8K)

All modern consoles have native kmb support.

Sega recently made an anti Epic store announcement recently because one of their most loyal demographics in Japan is on Steam.
I look forward to the disbelieve the Shin Megami Tensei V PC anouchment will cause.

Would be very nice.

Are you the same guy

smt on pc would be nice.
or on any home console, really.

They're just incredibly salty about us emulating P5.

>You absolutely loathe the shit out of PC
there's absolutely no proof of this and to see people still spout this shit for years is hilarious
not being interested in a platform doesn't mean you hate it
also atlus had nothing with catherine port other than just simply being ok with it, it was ported by the eccentric ape

Persona 1 I guess?
Also, IMAGINE is a thing liked enough to have been rebuilt years after death.

>The PS4™ supports the use of both Bluetooth ® and USB keyboards and mice
What an absolute gaffe.

As always playstation wins. Why would you play a shitty pc port when you can play a definitive edition

Because we're not poor and we don't want to play games on shitty hardware.

friendly reminder that PC is the only platform on which Persona can be played in up to 8K with uncapped framerate, whilist console peasants have 1080p 30fps as their pinnacle performance, on ps4pro

>Namefag is an absolute cum guzzling faggot.
who would of thought?

Attached: knight laptop.jpg (312x417, 48K)

They sent a C&D to the guys developing the PS3 emulator, while no one else cared.
They definitely hate PC.

Think of it for a moment, despise Atlus' hostile sentiment for PC, it became the definitive all-in-one platform to play their games:
Can emulate in superior quality to original hardware
>Persona
>Persona 2
>Persona 3
>Persona 3
>Persona 4
>Persona 5
>Persona Q
>Persona Q2
>Persona 4 Arena
>dozens of SMT games

isn't it ironic

You often hate that which invalidates your best efforts. It's why wh*toids hate the BBC.

That was just Atlus flexing their tech (and legal) illiteracy.

Atlus has this weird obsession with controlling the user experience in every way
Remember that with P5 they blocked the Share button on PS4 for no reason, and tried to take down streamers
That's probably why they don't want to put stuff on PC, it's impossible to control what happens there (nude mods would be the very first thing people would do)

Is P5 really playable in emulation?
If so might check it out.

>(nude mods would be the very first thing people would do)
Are they not already out there for RPCS3?

>>You absolutely loathe the shit out of PC
no one cares about PC really. selling a bunch of digital copies for pennies means nothing.

Attached: 186.jpg (1117x1627, 607K)

They haven't made a good game since P4: Golden, and that's just an updated version of a PS2 game from 2008.

but i thought piracy was good for sales?

It isn't; it's a myth perpetuated by pirates to deceive developers.
Think about it for a second. Why would you pay for something when you can get it for free?

Saw you on the JonTron thread. I've never seen a fag of your caliber, holy fucking shit. Also don't bother answering, I'll filter all that shit you're spewing.

>but i thought piracy was good for sales?
YES IT IS !
spoiler: not full price sales. piracy will probably help push some copies for next to nothing.
piracy devalues the product.

It's more like why pay for something that you already got for free. I can pirate all day, but I haven't really pirated anything since ~2011.

I agree on you, it whoud be really cool.

>be Atlus
>hold smt v hostage for 10 years
>i'm still seething

Attached: 1518302888063.png (127x188, 51K)

that dude really is playing 4D chess. damn, user. you're no match.

>Namefags infest PS4
Yikes.

A gamer profile will do that a young boy

>At the end the game not only sold like shit but it was pirated to hell and back, as you planned.
Sold much better than Full Body on Vita and almost as good as Full Body on PS4 in Japan. That's hardly what I'd call a bad result considering all the hardships Classic's release had to face and that Atlus seemingly only care about muh Japan sales.
This. Their technical incompetence and obsession with controlling the user experience are the most likely reasons for their stuborness when it comes to PC. Even the "it's Sega Sammy who owns Atlus and not Sega Games" argument has been proven false by Sega Games' financial report.

sega-games.co.jp/ir/images/20190621.pdf

Both Atlus and Atlus USA are 100% owned by Sega Games.

But no relevant game makes use of it.

>not being a chaoschad and pirating everything
Imagine buying an atlus game

I'm sure Atlus has exclusivity contracts with Nintendo and Sony and that's why we will never see Persona games on non-Sony platforms or Shin Megami Tensei games in non-Nintendo platforms.
Persona 5 Scramble is fair game due to not being a main title and Catherine Classic due to not being part of said contracts

>Port a seven years old game

It was done by some a noname bodyshop with 3 programmers

Meanwhile Bamco is releasing fucking Super Robot Wars of all things on Steam

What a time to be alive.

Scramble is multiplatform because it's made by Koei Tecmo and not Atlus. I wouldn't be surprised if it released on PC too in the West. The reason Atlus isn't multiplat (even among consoles) is because they're technically inept. Their custom engine P5 and Full Body uses is probably some hacked together frankenstein that'd be a nightmare to port and take forever while SMT games used DS dual screen so they were "impossible" to port (would require too much changes). SMTV uses UE4 but look how fucking long it's taking them. They're too incompetent for multiplat development, plain and simple.

I mean, the fact P5 and Full Body run at 30-fucking-FPS is inexcusible considering how they look.

?

Atlas consider Persona to be a Playstation franchise and SMT to be a Nintendo franchise and they're too old fashioned/autistic to change at this point. Sorry PCbros.

>he is a consolenigger
embarrassing
neck yourselves brainless monkeys

Attached: 1564493340589.png (499x680, 504K)

They keep giving Nintendo as an option for Persona Games and PlayStation as an option for SMT games and PC for both in their surveys (JP and USA). They're just retarded and too inept to go multiplat.

Why are you sorry? PC is the only platform where you will be able to play both P5 and SMTV regardless of what Atlus wants you to do.

>They're just retarded and too inept to go multiplat.
How so?
Didn't stop them from porting SMT1,2 and IF to PS1 (and 1 had several other ports) or releasing nocturne back in the day

>be pc
>emulate it with better performance

feels good

Why does a company 'loathe' PC?

Can you emulate Bloodborne?

>nigger
>generic 14 year old cod insult
>some shit facebook meme

>bloodborne
>implying it has any value at all
Reminder - every From game is utter shit, soulsborne doubly so

Attached: 1564493807760.jpg (780x438, 49K)

>bloodborne
>roll and hit r1
the formula got boring after ds1

>B-but muh souls-shit
man Piss4babbies are pathetic

bruh the PS4 can barely handle Bloodborne

Attached: bloodborne.webm (720x480, 1.51M)

But they had plans to release Catherine on PC back then, as they eventually did. I don't think Atlus is incompetent, we have no reason to think so, unlike gamefreak where we constantly see weird things in the game like a whole area just for a cutscene or a new model just for a facial expression. If you have any proof that Atlus is incompetent, then go ahead. I think they just take their time, which is a good thing. Their games are usually at best interesting

>sonegroids successfully fool me into thinking BB is the best game ever
>Buy a copy and play at my local arcade's ps4
>Its just dark souls 4
Never trust sonegroid shilling.

I know it's petty but I'll continue to pirate every Atlus game for not releasing Trauma Team in Europe.

I promise, if that game ever goes multiplat they're all going to turn on it like they did after the RDR2 PC port leak.

I bought a PS4 to play Bloodborne because I liked the Dark Souls games. The game was pretty good; not the best game ever but still pretty good.
Funnily enough the next games I bought for the console were the PS4 exclusives Nioh, SRW V and SRW X.

Well...

You are giving Atlus too much credit. they are just legitimately retarded businessmen. They have some great minds that make great games. and that keeps them alive, but they would sell way better under better management.

>So many angry replies
It still hurts, doesn't it?

The time it took them to make P5, the fact it runs at 30 FPS on PS4, the fact Full Body runs at 30 FPS and has no Pro enhancenents, the fact Royal will run at 30 FPS, the fact SMTV takes them forever even though they're using FUCKING UE4. Everything they do screams technical incompetence.

Also the fact they released P4 on PS2 and kept going with 3DS games when the console was pretty much dead and the games sold like shit.

>SRW V
>SRW X

Good one user

Hey, cut me some slack. The last thing I was expecting was both games getting ported to PC.

Where exactly do you think they should have put P4 then? The PS3 had pretty much no install base, because Atlus is dumb they weren't willing to put it on PC/Wii/360/DS and the PS2 still had ~150 units floating around in the wild.

Those games on PC? You must be joking. we're talking about an Mecha series that's even more niche than Neptunia in the west, there's no way that they get a PC port.

dualshockers.com/super-robot-wars-v-x-pc-steam-switch/

What the actual fuck? Those games are literally the only reason why I still bother with PlayStation.

Remember that Persona 5, a simplistic menu-based rpg with virtually no interactivity or world simulation had a bigger team size and a longer development time than sprawling triple-a open-world rpgs.

No wonder they keep reporting losses year after year:

personacentral.com/atlus-financial-fiscal-year-2019/

>Atlus Reports Net Loss of 904 Million Yen for Fiscal Year Ended March 2019
>Atlus reported a net loss of 686 million yen for Fiscal Year Ended March 2018, and net loss of 570 million for Fiscal Year Ended March 2017.

Attached: 178132732721.jpg (3152x2470, 773K)