Go to video game store

>go to video game store
>see game you never heard about
>seems interesting just by the screenshots behind
>decide to buy it
How old were you the last time you did this ?

Attached: 1318444005735-844124fa57.png (455x451, 59K)

10? I always had magazines and read up on reviews to buy games because my mom never allowed me to buy more than one game every 3-6 months so it had to be a good game and my big brother always grabbed the magazines that I would read as well and they often came with demos.

left 4 dead
the cover art was cool

I don't remember how old but the game was Etrian Odyssey Untold 1

Maybe 24, I don't remember exactly when this was. There was a used game store right next to where I worked that has since closed, so I'd sometimes wander in during breaks to browse and chat with the people there. They had a copy of Divinity II: Ego Draconis for like $5 and I didn't have anything else I was playing at the time, so I decided to get it on a whim. I actually liked it quite a lot.

Attached: file.png (1200x663, 2.04M)

I still do the same thing, but just on digital storefronts instead of at a physical store.
If I buy a physical game ill get it via online shipping unless its something im really excited for or just in the area and decide to check out the game store

sometimes i go to a local place and do just that

17, The World Ends With You. I only read a review that gave it 40 out of 40 and I liked what I saw on the screenshots used in it.

6 months ago I saw Beowulf: the game in Gamestop for $3. I didn't even know it existed.

8. It was pic related. It still hurts.

Attached: 1554691212426.jpg (640x904, 141K)

I would do this with bargain bin games a lot. That's how I found pic related. The only time I was disappointed was when a cool looking game turned out to be a super lame genre like fighting.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (800x725, 109K)

I don't even know where to find a local videogame store these days. Always order online or buy digital.

It was some shovelware in 99.

No More Heroes

Did you like it?

Attached: tumblr_inline_mhwlrrbZTs1qz4rgp.gif (192x224, 42K)

I recently almost did that with Summon Night 6 at Gamestop but I realized I wanted to emulate the first two first.

This game is dope

.. it sure has been a while since it released..
18 years..
HELP

Attached: d2lod.jpg (800x966, 195K)

Just last week I bought this fucking awful game called Protonovus Earth Assault

BOOMER

r-rude

They also pretty regularly put the Developer's Cut on sale for like $2 on Steam.

op i hope you fucking kill yourself you stupid bitch cunt

never bought anything from video game store, but got ps2 game or two last year from flee market because the cover looked interesting

I have never done this.

Drakengard 2 when I was like 13. Had a lot of fun

24, I bought Ghost Trick

I don't think I've ever done this.

I remember I did this with Blood Omen 2

Wasn't disappointed

I kind of still do this today with cheap digital games.

I do this on switch sometimes since it has no built in reviews. Found some great stuff through impulse purchases, highly recommend Blazing Star and Dragon Blaze.

>How old were you the last time you did this ?

i did that last week.

Just 2 months ago.

I saw My Lovely Daughter on the E-shop and decided to get it after only looking at a few screenshots and reading the little paragraph below.
I had fun.

obviously not a physical game store, but I've never done that at a physical game store before.

Probably 12, with pic related.
It was actually a very nice surprise, I loved it.
>now
>go to video game store
>there's more pop figures and assorted merch than actual video games
>what few games they have are only for the current gen
I wish I had a local game store. I don't even bother with commercial game retailers anymore, going to GameStop is fucking soul-sucking. Amazon and JP import sites have everything I need anyway.

Attached: 785138380216.jpg (640x908, 102K)

I haven't even gone to a game store in the last .. 15 years?

>tfw poorfag so had to actually think hard about the decision to buy

I can't remember and it's fucking with me.
Fable 2, maybe?

im poor but i still buy games i'll probably never play. i just regret it later.

Once you become an adult buying things without doing research becomes pointless. The only time you should purchase something based on looks is when you're ordering food.

Mid to late 20s. I bought the Witcher 1 enhanced edition for 20 bucks at Walmart. it was a good choice

Recently on Switch with pic related. I still looked at videos but still pretty much a counterpart from pirating it first to test it.

Even better, I saw a group of people talking about this game after I played it near them

Attached: dig dog.jpg (460x215, 25K)

Never. I always researched what I wanted.