Monster Hunter Thread

Old one is at the bump limit. Post your:
>First MH
>Favorite MH
>Favorite monster
>Favorite weapon
>Favorite monster theme
>Iceborne hopes and dreams

Attached: 1551135693037.jpg (1200x1074, 606K)

Other urls found in this thread:

exophase.com/game/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-psn/trophies/
twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1155970138773999616
youtube.com/watch?v=VyXeOpj3RWI
youtube.com/watch?v=rFqXkRwC9fU
youtu.be/SQdI15lM5yc
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/reward_game/ps-plus-14-day-trial/cid=IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS14DAYTRIAL
youtube.com/watch?v=Jth_M3_Dx8o
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-zNJ8Lh3Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's he going to be like?

Attached: 1564464499278.png (747x118, 27K)

Leaks:
exophase.com/game/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-psn/trophies/

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30 Monster Hunter World Iceborne Trophies - PS4.png (750x5153, 605K)

>Chameleos confirmed
>Diorekkusu confirmed

imagine

Worldbab
Only played World
Rathian, because her weapons are my favorite and she's just fun to fight with any weapon
Gunlance or Charge Blade
Bagel of course
Less elementless crit bullshit, just more variety in terms of end-game weapons and not just "diablos or bust".

Does creature mean an actual large monster in MHW or a small creature?

i assume it's new endemic life tied to achies, like the bristly cakes were, whatever they're called. The small white birds. And the pethrican fish

This got me more hype than any trailer for some reason.
Treasure, more variants, region levels...
What are all those I wonder?

for the variant i don't think there will be more than 5. It's just "hunto those over and over" the way it's worded. The region levels got me curious too. Like we're possibly "levelling" the zones by doing some shit and new stuff comes out of it when you upgrade them. Who knows

Attached: 12Lcdbd42.png (240x240, 81K)

Pink and spitting spikes

Maybe you install hunting equipment into areas? like cannons and stuff

How would uncapping HR even work

Isn't HR already uncapped?

limit is 999

probably tied to a story mission? Like beat X and get access to the next level of whatever like it was for LR->HR

>everwyrm
crossover confirmed?

Attached: ddda_screens_08_jpg.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

So did the devs do good word on their promise that Hoarfrost will be huge as fuck? If one map can be split into multiple regions such that you had to possibly level up research on each on them individually, there might truly be huge zones locked behind the closed off areas.
I would also guess that the Tower-like "Guiding Lands" would be where all the endgame is, you go on expeditions to fight variants in the area, and get special investigations to take them on in a proper quest. Rare species like Gold and Silver probably hang out there too. The achievement list being out actually made me more excited for the upcoming trailer within the next 10 days or so

Oh hey, that's not a bad idea...
>Max level for every zone lets you install a dragonator on the map

Attached: 1559829764008.gif (480x270, 1.2M)

>First MH
The demo disc that came with DMC3, 3U otherwise
>Favorite MH
Stories or 4U
>Favorite monster
Seregios
>Favorite weapon
Switch Axe
>Favorite monster theme
Chameleos
For it to be challenging and no bullshit like A.Leshen or ExBehemoth

well that's just silly

That's the uncapped cap in the old games too..

Well, what would it be pointing at?

Attached: 08d688.png (150x150, 32K)

>First MH
4u, i came into series somewhat late after my friend who played mh wouldn't shut the fuck about it so i tried it to shut him up, should've started sooner
>Favorite MH
4u
>Favorite monster
Seregios, he's just perfect
>Favorite weapon
A tie between Hammer, CB and IG
>Favorite monster theme
Remastered Nargacuga
A good old G-rank game with substantial content, also Seregios

My 5

>First MH
OG
>Favorite MH
p3rd or OG for pure atmosphere and soul
>Favorite monster
Fatalis. Agnakor is fucking great too.
>Favorite weapon
Dragonslayer greatsword.
>Favorite monster theme
F2 volcano theme or Dire Miralis
""""""""""Endgame"""""""""" variety. Vanilla mhw was 'ok', you hunted anything you felt like in your investos for your decos, but the 4 t3 elders and kulve got real stale sadly.

Ruiner Nergigante's dick

Master Rank will have a separate MR counter.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30 [OFFICIAL] E3 2019 - Monster Hunter World Iceborne - YouTube.png (247x142, 61K)

>Not legend eater
at least the icon makes me think this is him still

Attached: legendeater.png (1024x544, 413K)

>it revives endlessly
I'm still disappointed about Nergigante's supposed regeneration abilities, hopefully Ruiner regrows broken parts or something similiar

>Whine about lack of challenge but then get butthurt about there being harder content than 4U and debatably GU
>Just dismiss it as "bullshit"
Why are Nintenfags like this?

The JP name of that card is just Nergigante still.

>First MH
freedom 2
>Favorite MH
unite
>Favorite monster
Ceanataur
>Favorite weapon
greatsword, gunlance come as a close second
more monster obviously and better looking weapons insted of having just reskinned bases

That's literally a card of a regular Nerg. The legend-eater thing is just a part of the card's name, not the name of Nerg sub.

This 4

Wasn't it called the Ur Dragon

Threadly reminder that Yasunori Ichinose hasn't been credited in any games since MHXX released in March 2017, nor is he on the World or Iceborne teams, which means he's probably working on the next Monster Hunter title.

Attached: 1432796914982.jpg (185x241, 36K)

>FU
>4U
>Tigrex
>SnS
>Great Jaggi's
>Augments become completely irrelevant in Master Rank

Attached: 1563598742226.jpg (3000x1808, 1.85M)

>Cut Ruiner Nergigante's tail
>Not only does it grow back, but if you don't carve the dropped tail quickly enough then it develops into a mini-Nergigante

How?

Good so I don't have to fight Arch-Tempered Kirin then

MH on ps2, didn't really play it
World
Nergigante
Wyvern ignition impact
Ahtal ka minus the one that plays when you climbed the mech
Killing Valstrax with the wyvern ignition impact

Would be creepier if the tail just flopped around aimlessly trying to lauch spikes at you like a fish

Gogmazios is cool. I hope he becomes an ordinary recurring Elder Dragon. They’d have to remove the Dragonator from him but they could just have the Dragonator version be a Variant that only appears in arenas or something.

>then
As opposed to what? You're not required to fight AT Kirin at any point in HR either.

Then he wouldn't be special anymore and it'd just be another run of the mill ED like the ones in World
If Gogmazios ever comes back it needs to be a big deal

Diplocaulus,moon jellyfish, mole,golden mole?,quetzal bird?,oarfish, golden monkey? Those are cool endemic life pets

Reminder that the Guiding Lands are a dead Zorah Magdaros

Based zorah sacrificed himself to give us a tower map in World

Attached: mhw-zorah_magdaros_icon.png (900x466, 388K)

>minus the one that plays when you climbed the mech

Attached: IMG_20180418_071844.jpg (572x392, 69K)

zorah wasn't that big though

>the whale fall idea actually became true
I hope you can eventually climb back down and get inside his corpse

Give him more tar based attacks, maybe allow certain environmental features to get stuck on him like he can get tree trunks and boulders stuck to him like the Dragonstor and gets unique attacks using whatever is stuck to him. Yeah

I put the game down a long time ago but isn't the last quest to unlock your HR an Arch-Tempered Kirin? Right after the double Tempered Bazelguise?

It’s just Tempered Kirin, not Arch. Arch Tempered monsters weren’t in the game at launch.

They could have you wake up a Gog from hibernation in their natural enviroment

That’s a small fucking tower then.

But it would take dozen of years to make something like the New New World out of Zorah.

will we finally get to fight the equal dragon weapon?

also, did you know that fatalis wears melted hunter armor/corpses like armor? it's all in the artbook

Attached: weapon.png (1000x1121, 914K)

>First MH
Freedom 2
>Favorite MH
4U
>Favorite monster
Najarala for its fight, Nibelsnarf for gear
>Favorite weapon
Type 41 Wyvernator
>Favorite monster theme
Glavenus
I don't have high hopes since most of my issues are with World's core and not its content and Iceborne can't fix that
>favorite armor
Guild Knight all day baby

Attached: D8yT_adV4AAdvar.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

It’s bigger on the inside due to bioenergy.

>will we finally get to fight the equal dragon weapon?
Nothing we've seen suggests it

No, it's just regular Tempered Kirin.
I'm curious to see how would an MR hunter with locked HR look like? MR hunters seem to have a blue name in IB, but orange name is only awarded for completing the HR 100 quest. Although you need to unlock your HR first. And it's also possible to have HR >100, but still have a green name.

Dos
XX
Rajang or Glavenus
Longsword
Dharen phase 2
Some good generic winter coat armor

Call me crazy but if the endgame is basically expeditions in a ruined tower, I wouldn't rule out seeing some kind of artificial machine dragon just hanging off a ceiling in a corner
>there will be an Ahtalka that can pilot it

you see that Master Rank Tobi-Kadachi armor yet?
twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1155970138773999616

>male

AAAAH I CAN'T WAIT
TRAILER WHEN

Yep and it looks good. Will probably switch between that and the Paolumu chest piece if it looks good and fluffy.
Been using the orion armor since it dropped and it's about time for a change

Thank god for transmog mods and thank god for the direwolf layered right at the start of IB

3rd or 4th august
And they teaser a lot of stuff happening at Gamescom

>Then he wouldn't be special anymore and it'd just be another run of the mill ED like the ones in World
>He is one of, if not the biggest monster that you actually fight normally.
>He is one of two tar based monsters period.
>He is able to superheat the tar to produce beams and explosions on top of collecting stuff like Radobaan.
>He is capable of flight despite his mass.
>But him losing the Dragonator that didn't really get used in the fight still makes him not special.
Aside from his absurd weakness to mounting, Gogmazios is THE example of how to make a good giant monster fight.

You completely misunderstood what that user meant, good job

>>First MH
MH 2 freedom
>>Favorite MH
World
>>Favorite monster
Tigrex
>>Favorite weapon
Hammer
>>Favorite monster theme
White fatalis
>>Iceborne hopes and dreams
I hope they expand existing world map instead of just adding new map, and also 20+ new monsters

Mounting resistance got boosted across the board after 4U anyways. Only the first mount is still free

>First MH
Freedom Unite
>Favorite MH
World
>Favorite monster
Tie between Agnaktor and Gore Magala
>Favorite weapon
Insect Glaive
>Favorite monster theme
Can't pick a favorite
More monsters, damnit, give me all of them.

Attached: 1534778453930.jpg (654x723, 174K)

Last Dev Diary #1 was uploaded on 11th, Thursday.
They said "see you in August", suggesting Dev Diary #2 will be up in August.
August 1st is Thursday.
Dev Diary #1 wasn't tied to any particular gaming event, they just dropped it on their channel out of the blue.

>try Dauntless
>it's actually more fun than MHW

Attached: 1458667271768.png (640x574, 291K)

Kek nice bait bruh

Anyone wanna help me with A. Leshen?
Want those Ciri DBs.

Attached: 1508257070621.png (341x513, 685K)

What platform?

Pull the other one

Just fire an SOS.

Bipedal, running after you to slam and never stopping.

Literally Zenith Nergigante

FAT FAT FATTY IN WORLD

Attached: fatsuki.png (1354x587, 1.22M)

PS4

randoms cart too much and leave after the first fail. Also the quest is not so active.

Is that fucking Chameleos in one of the trophy logo?

Attached: 1394291723135.jpg (526x300, 52K)

If he was a Zenith then his horns would be like three times bigger.

Generic icons. There is an almost identical icon in vanilla MHW achievements.

However they said in an interview that there will be more new EDs than just Velkhana. So hype.

>Nergigante
>Ner - gee - gante
>Negro Gigante
>literally Giant Nigger
What did capcom mean by this

Attached: MHW-Nergigante_Render_001.png (1016x668, 736K)

No. It's the same icon as on the Elderslayer in MHW.

Bipedal Negro Gigante that goes full Blanco UI when his white spikes are allowed to grow
Only breaking all spikes trip him

Is that fucking Diorekkusu in the Monster Master image?

Damn, I was hoping he was subtly confirmed.

They are equally as shit as each other for different reasons.

Is farming up an armour set to complement the Dark Devourer so I can solo the AT Elders with a bit of cheese the best way to go about completing their content without going insane?

I have no Kulve weapons btw

So what new lore will they drop for the Tower? Fatalis resides there so it attracts a whole lot of powerful beasts to the area? I'm more interested in the origin of Ruinerg

Check the MR3 trophy name.

Dauntless is way worse

there are numerous solo runs around 20 mins using baby blanket. git gud.
Jokes aside your best bet is to find a healslut sns that spams potions. It's not a complicated fight, it's annoying and lenghty

He’s got good odds of making the cut, so don’t give up just yet.

It's a generic dragon icon
But it's purple so make of that what you will

It's not the Tower. The Tower as left in the Old World.

So what's the new Tower-like structure

If anything Fatalis living there should repel other monsters

I don’t know if they’d name an important story achievement after an old monster. In the story trailer they’re chasing after Velkhana so it’s probably referring to him.

I would assume that involves tracking Velkhana, not Chammy

Honestly m8 yeah, but there are some ways to cheese them differently like charge blade with health augment. You literally never die with that shit

Attached: Here's your.png (1400x1000, 923K)

Is Velkhana "elusive" though? The devs were talking about how it doesn't see hunters as a thread and doesn't aggro until you hit her, like Kushy. It doesn't need to hide from the hunters or anything.

DD cluster spam with a tank set is the cheesiest, easiest way to end the pain quickly. Start with Kirin AT, he's easy and you'll need to use 1 or 2 pieces of his Gamma armor for your final overall tank cluster build. Then take down Vall AT, you might need 1 piece from him. Finally you can kill all the others with the exception of AT xeno. The reason being Xeno is a bitch and cannot be cluster spammed easily. For he you'll be far better off with a similar tank build and an HBG pierce

Ruiner Nergi ate ayy lmao and now he's tripping balls

so trophy leaks has always been 100% accurate right?

We don't know yet. We only know it's called Guiding Lands

Yes...

They're generally ripped straight from PSN aren't they? Unless changes are made last minute they should be accurate

It's mysterious n shiet and they're chasing it, it could be either monster really

Rope yourself

Why CB specifically?

What's the best way to farm up streamstones bro?

Saed with health augment basically heals for a fuckton.

Based, thank you for the advice user

Attached: 1558368465505.gif (273x258, 940K)

>First MH
4U
>Favorite MH
Also 4U
>Favorite monster
Zinogre
>Favorite weapon
Greatsword
>Favorite monster theme
Hard to say
It crashes and burns. Also they limit the amount of returning monsters so they don't get gutted.

Tempered Investigations, for the weapon augments you can try Arch tempered monsters.

I heard the tempered deviljho event drops a lot of them

Good night anons. It's 6am and i have work in a few hours. Gonna sleep and wish i die

SAED does tons of individual hits with all the little explosions, and all of them trigger the health regen augment. With a clean hit and no misses a single SAED can heal almost half your basic, unaugmented health bar. And if you charge your sword then every hit causes a little follow up explosion, so you can attack fast and get two triggers of the regen.

What do you think the Guiding lands will be?

the regen is a percentage of your damage done, it doesn't matter how many hits you do. gs can recover your entire hp bar in a single swing

Zorah's "shell" with his rotting corpse underneath, the reason why many powerful monsters go there is because they want to eat him

Some sort of locale for postgame content. Not an arena, but not a fully fledged map either.

I think something like Caverns of El Dorado in terms of size, with arena-like areas for endgame monsters.
There will be an ecosystem, but a peculiar one.

wait... dauntless still exists? what kind of god let that travesty stay alive

They guide the Legiana to their migratory nesting grounds beyond the Hoarfrost Reach, where they will eventually be eaten by Ruiner Nergigante and their babies fly back to the Coral Highlands.

The absence of one

Ruins of a civilization long past. Has something sinister in its core that is attracting powerful monsters to hang out around the area. It will be the New World's Tower that will be thoroughly explored in endgame

As if AT Nergi wasnt bullshit enough
Oh boy

I get using cheese as much as the next guy, but it might be just the weapon. Every weapon has a strength and weakness vs some monsters.
Fart breath seems weak to ranged
Fiery Anger issues seems weak to dualies.
Chain smoker... well horns at least ignore the wind and armor.
Spikey boi is all over the place. The weebs at least have the evade of ls.
And sparky the wonder horse gets bullied by anything, but I found great use in a gun lance.

Where did you find the fun in dauntless?
>weapons have no weight
>monster attacks and power up mechanic ruined by the shitty AI
>bugs out the ass(after the first cutscene was immediately stuck in the ground and had to restart and watch it again)
>terrible armour design
>tranny fortnite character designs which are very "progressive"(see the blacksmith ffs)

>First MH
MHFU
>Favorite MH
MH4U
>Favorite monster
Nargacuga
>Favorite weapon
Longsword from Nargacuga
>Favorite monster theme
Bagel Geese theme
Hope we get Rajang

leaked copies and roster when?

god no
i don't want to watch another french was he french? fuck who can't play

Monsters also follow the exact same attack pattern everytime, they never mix up

Ah yes, the mighty sandfrog

There seems to be some kind of focus on slaying Variants. Endgame a la Deviant quests? How many of them will there be? Only two confirmed so far - Legiana and Nergigante. Is it safe to assume the other apexes/elders will get their own version? We'll probably get more

Attached: 1227187421.png (449x449, 322K)

I imagine Elders and some returning monsters like narga/tigrex will get one.

Good
Tempered sucked ass, finally something that actually changes the monsters

I assume Master rank would be similar to G rank in older games. How big is the difference in dfficulty
Please dont tell me that every monster would be AT levels of health pools

Narga already had one
Or maybe it was a rare species, don't remember

"Master Rank" is literally G-rank, they just changed the name to appease disgusting Gajiins who apparently can't pronounce G

Aren't these just deviant monsters? If so then only some will get the treatment sadly.

With proper gear you should be killing stuff maybe a little slower than in HR
Some fights like Black Diablos will probably take longer due to increased aggression

nah it doesn't have a variant, only sub, rare species and deviant

Variants existed before deviants or World

Bazel and Jho will surely have variants
Tempered were confirmed to return in iceborne in an interview at Hong Kong. However there is also more new stuff and different system, as we can see.

It's very weird.
On one hand, previously only a few select monsters got variants, and those fights weren't actually that different. More like permanent enrage mode fights of the same monsters if anything.
But the Shrieking Legiana doesn't exactly seem like the old type of variant, it seems to be different fight, more similar to deviants from Gen.
On the other hand, these trophies suggest that "variants" will be the new tempered monsters of the Master Rank in Iceborne. That'd mean they would have to actually create a different version of every monster, not just inflate the numbers, like with Tempered monsters. Which sounds a bit too resource consuming to do.
So maybe there are two kind of variants, one like the old variants, including the Shrieking Legiana, and the other is not-Tempered "variants", which are just beefed up versions of the same monsters used for post-game grind. Maybe it's just a terminology issue.

Attached: 1381477837083.png (850x557, 504K)

HR is a joke in World and after hundred of hours also are the normal tempered versions. AT are still a chore and I just do them for the rewards and try to forget about them afterwards, they kill all the fun of the game. I hope Master Rank adds some middle ground

>Dreadqueen Rathian, Dreadking Rathalos, Bloodbath Diablos, Grimclaw Tigrex, Silverwind Nargacuga, Crystalbeard Uragaan, Thunderlord Zinogre and Hellblade Glavenus are all coming back
Oh lord

Variants, not Deviants

>all this shit getting added in Iceborne
So we can all agree that MH A-team is a bunch of hacks right?

At last, Thermonuclear Bazelgeuse becomes a reality

iirc from the demo it's a 1.5x pool. Keep in mind your master rank weapons will also ultimately increase damage by a similar amount, so.

no, it's just that the G has no meaning outside of Japan.

G never had any meaning in the first place, they just thought it sounded cool

Demo numbers don't mean much. The demos are very heavily tinkered with various manual value adjustments. For example, Iceborne demo quests were technically Low Rank.

>playing against HR49 tempered kirin
>getting bootyblasted with normal greatsword, remember everyone saying bow is the cheese
>make legiana bow
>rape that poor horse by sleep bombing twice, constantly zipping around his telegraphed lightning, always pinging his head
>dead within 13 minutes
HOW THE FUCK DID BOW GET PAST PLAYTESTING?! This thing is fucking stupid, I was keeping up with that damn horse despite the constant bouncing and jumping. Armor wasn't even optimised either, I was using fucking death stench legs.

Attached: 1539534783431.png (320x320, 10K)

Deviants are just a more specific kind of variant, the name difference is pretty arbitrary.

Not really. A team still had to figured out everything and make the base game.
B team, and in general the teams assigned to G-Ranks, have 1-2 years to work exclusively on refining and adding stuff.

>White Phosphorus Bazelgeuse

This is the sort of shit that makes me feel bad about my weapon of choice. I didn’t know, bros...no one could have known

Yet Bow users are some of the hunters that cart the most.

I tried bows several times and made some of the critical meta builds but I just dont seem to make enough damage with it.

>Every bomb leaves a fire pool that lasts until Bazel leaves the room

Lack of skill coupled with low defense

Brainlet here what's the difference between variant/subspecies/deviant etc

We have Ruiner Nergigante and Shrieking Legiana, and based on monsters already in the game or confirmed for Iceborne I think we can assume that Rusted Kushala Daora, Savage Deviljho and Raging Brachydios are in. There’ll be a couple more new ones too I bet, Bazelgeuse has been pushed as Deviljho’s rival or counterpart so he’ll get one to contrast Savage Deviljho.

I do not see how. All I had was evade extend 2 and his lightning only got me when I was a dumb dumb and misjudged where it was coming down. Even then, eating for elemental res and the mantle took care of me.

Pretty much. The main difference is there is a shitty ticket system instead of just picking up a quest to hunt a furious monkey dick, savage pickle, etc.

Master Rank is literally G Rank with a different name because they’re targeting a global audience now and not just Japan plus a few Western enthusiasts.

Variants and Deviants are different things. Variants have existed since Dos IIRC.

They might be changing up variants a bit by making them fight a little differently, even a sub like Acidic Glav fights a little different, and I trust XX director to be familiar with making twists into familiar fights. I'm not sure if it helps but the Japanese words for the variant achievement is "Unique individuals".
>Which sounds a bit too resource consuming to do
They have the sales and the diligence in PR to back their success, I think they can get a lot of funding and extra help to just flesh out World and go all out

>Frosted tips Nerg

There's nothing wrong with Death Stench Legs.

>Iron spikes Nerg
You cant break then

The problem is people running speedrunning grug sets with no defensive skills because they rely on resetting a million times to get a perfect run, which doesn't work out for the average dumbass looking up sets

>First MH
MH1
>Favorite MH
Maybe mhfu or mh3u
>Favorite monster
Nargacuga, Agnaktor is a close second
>Favorite weapon
Hammer, followed by GS
>Favorite monster theme
Brachy's themes pretty good
I'd like to see leviathans return: Lagiacrus and/or Agnaktor. Glacial Agnaktor would fit iceborne at least.

A lot of bow users are really fucking bad. The good ones can output an insane amount of damage with great mobility, but for everyone one of them you’ll have another 9 who don’t know how to manage stamina or stand there spamming DP like fucking idiots

yes, for Japan. Hence they changed it to Master

My boy Nerg just keeps winning.

>when he finally gets to have a spicy italian elder dragon burger

Attached: 1531174403377.jpg (616x616, 37K)

That would make a VERY limited selection of post-game monsters to grind.
I mean, nobody actually did T1 Investigations, but nontheless there were tempered versions of monsters below flagship tier.

Ranged weapons are overpowered in every single monster hunter game

>Hurrr what if you could consistently deal damage, have high mobility, and always have access to monster's weak points that melee weapons can't always reach
>It's balanced though because muh armor values

>"vitality jewels? nah man, that'll impact my deeps"
>proceeds to be one shot by nerg divebomb

>That card game Nergigante variant was real
Based

A subspecies is a different species of the same monster adapted to another enviroment/niche/whatever, most of them have completely different elements/weaknesses/aliments
A variant is a different form of the same monster that changes for some reason, most of them are just angrier and bigger with additional moves and a whole new ragemode
A deviant is basically a variant that is assblasted at hunters and gains experience

Variants are individuals of the base species that are in a different state to normal, like how Rusted Kushala are just normal Kushala who haven’t mooted in a while, and Savage Deviljho are just Deviljho that have cannibalised other Deviljho. Subspecies are an actually different but closely related species to the base species, not just noteworthy individuals (except Black Diablos, but that existed before Variants were a thing and never got reclassified), and they’re stronger too. Rare Species are the same as Subspecies but even stronger. Deviants are like Variants but even stronger, they’re specific single individuals of a species rather than a rare state of them like Variants.

Getting hit by Nerg's divebomb is shameful display

And yet you see it happen all the fucking time.

That’s why I said there’d be more, Bazelgeuse is just the most obvious candidate for new Variants.

Most players suck at this game

>Yfw you farcaster to 16 to get restock and get hit by the divebomb as you jump back into the lava room

>First MH
Monster hunter tri
>Favorite MH
>Favorite monster
Barroth
>Favorite weapon
Lance/hbg/hh
>Favorite monster theme
Brachy
Not much, world was fine, but I didn't stick around much after I finished it

Attached: 1556504095918m.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

> Hunt a Arch - Tempered Ruiner Nergigante

This is why black blos is actually a variant and not a sub, despite how it's labeled.

They said no more Arch-Tempered monsters
They said there will be something similar but a bit different

He stabs with his homemade shanks. Also lazy, but aggressive when bothered

It could be like an Elephant graveyard, with a bunch of spires made out of the various Zorah Magdaros that have journeyed there and died over the years

Hopefully Ruiner lives up to it's name
Base Nerg is ridicolously easy

I thought Zorah nukes the surrounding region whenever it dies

>Hey everybody, I'm Nergi Gante and we're rolling out looking for the New World's greatest Diners, Dragons, and Dives!

Not really. The effect would only be that devastating if he died in the Everstream.

My biggest wakeup call in this series was getting my asshole cored out by Molten Tigrex in 4U.

>World babby
>Paolumu
>Hammer
>B-52 theme
>Let me fight a giant yeti

>even Capcom forgot about Xeno'jiiva

Attached: 1563943068782.png (340x359, 183K)

FU
World
Narugakuruga
Punishment Blades DB
As of now AT Nergigante's theme
LAGIACRUS IS IN

Still, getting hit by one of the most telegraphed moves is pretty sad.

>>First MH
>>Favorite MH
4u
>>Favorite monster
Lagiacrus
>>Favorite weapon
Insect Glaive

>First MH
FU
>Favorite MH
3U/World
>Favorite monster
Lagiacrus
>Favorite weapon
Hammer/GS
>Favorite monster theme
Brachydios
Glacial Agnaktor

What's the best way to get augments besides AT elders? Is the Tempered Jho quest good for them?

Attached: 1564153017683.jpg (469x754, 101K)

Confirmed systems
>Pendant crafting/farming
>Treasure finding
>Lynian Researcher requests
>Endemic life crown hunting
>Multiple variants, possibly endgame grind
>Expeditions/Investigations in multiple unknown regions
Shit, Iceborne might turn out to be real good at draining the my remaining time in my life

Attached: 1227187423.png (446x445, 303K)

Especially when you have all the time in the world to sheathe your weapon and dive yourself, unless you're playing ranged that is
But in that case you deserve it

Variant = members of a species who have some kind of power up that make them different enough to warrant a new classification, not different enough to be a new species. Members of the base species can often become Variants through different means. Savage Deviljhos ate another Deviljho which caused their dragon element energy to spike drastically, Rusted Kushala Daora are Kushala Daora that haven’t shed their skin in a long ass time, for example.

Deviants = individual members of a species that have some kind of mutation or adaptation that makes them even stronger than Variants, and they have fought and defeated hunters numerous times in the past which have given them a legendary reputation amongst hunters. Soulseer Mizutsune is a Mizutsune that lost its sight in battle and now uses its bubbles not just for attacking, but as a way of locating enemies for example.

Subspecies = a variation of a monster species that aren’t just the normal species in a different state, but a genetically diverse species all their own that are closely related to the main species. They have different elements and abilities and are adapted to different environments, and are generally much stronger than the base species. Sand Barioth is a Barioth adapted to live in the desert instead of the tundra, and is stronger than the ordinary Barioth species too for example.

Rare Species = Subspecies but even stronger, basically just a second Subspecies for a monster but they’re typically even wilder and over the top. Lucent Nargacuga is a Nargacuga that can turn fucking invisible, for example.

>FU
>MHW
>Teostra
>Hammer
>Bazel "Tactical B-52 bomber" geuse
>None really

Loved to play an emulated FU copy on my PC before the hard drive broke and lost all my progress now playing MHW on PS4
Before I try and do it, two tempered Bazelgeuse, how hard are they?

And whats a longsword perfect for an Odogaron set?

Attached: 1519315223010.png (640x440, 450K)

They should reclassify them already.

I've never played a monhun and keep trying to play GU but I just don't have fun
how do I make these games fun

>Before I try and do it, two tempered Bazelgeuse, how hard are they?
They will beat the shit out of each other as long as you don't get underfoot and kill yourself by being too overconfident.

Attack the monster until it dies, build gear from its corpse and repeat.

You're either into it or you're not. A lot of people like the idea of Monster Hunter more than they like the actual game, but if you don't enjoy killing the same monsters over and over with slow weapons it will never be fun.

>implying Everwyrm isn’t an ancient Xeno’jiiva that has been living on MH Earth long before life even started on it.

what style gunlance should I be using

>two tempered Bazelgeuse, how hard are they?
You can basically let thm kill eachother
However if their bombs hit you you'll be dead without realising it

So what you're saying is that a savage pickle would eventually revert to a regular and that's the difference?
>raging brach could calm down
>furious rajang could settle the fuck down a bit
jfc why didn't we get a deviant Jho and Jang then?

the one that lets you kill monsters

Attached: eg.gif (500x391, 1.68M)

the slow weapons are really just frustrating as are trying to deal with the monsters themselves, it just feels so clunky and barely feels like I'm controlling the game properly at all
I mean how do you make a 3d action game with no kind of targeting system at all? it's fucking clunky as shit
not to mention I just want to fucking kill monsters, not get bogged down by all this text and superfluous shit not to mention all the shitty non monster killing stuff you HAVE to do
I don't want to manage fucking resources and shit or gather or blindly search for the monster I just want to play the fucking game

Deviljhoes get progressively worse and worse until they die of starvation even if they're mid bite, they don't revert to a normal state

Is a shit monster with a shit fight even in the AT version

No clue, they’re both pretty popular and Deviants were given to monsters based almost entirely on popularity. Now that I think about, I don’t think any monsters with Variants were given Deviants. Seems like a missed opportunity imo.

But you do have a targeting system

>First MH
Tri I think? I don't remember.
>Favorite MH
XX / GenU
>Favorite monster
Mizutsune, I just love everything about it and the hunt. The monster design, its attacks, the fight music, the weapons, the armors, Soulseer.
>Favorite weapon
HH, then SA, then GL (except in Gen/XX, fuck that retarded heat gauge system)
>Favorite monster theme
Mizutsune's
youtube.com/watch?v=VyXeOpj3RWI
Lagiacrus gets in, because that'd mean they made the leviathan skeleton, and since they've said they really don't add new skeletons unless they use it for multiple monsters, Lagi getting in means very likely Mizutsune gets in.

Attached: dominique-vassie-mizutsuneryan-copy.jpg (1920x960, 563K)

Not for you then.
Or you could play World which does a lot of that for you.

I remember using the one that let you bring 3 hunter arts
and use that cool as fuck move that let you use the GL as booster and slam it in the monster face

>not even a week in and already bored of the 5 week festival
>iceborne pc delay will probably go into 2020
just fucking end it

Attached: 1483885119496.jpg (500x880, 134K)

He was doomed from the start, really

MORE RNG
MORE RECOLOR MONSTERS
BASED CAPCOM

pressing a button to make the camera swing to the monster is not a targeting system you retard
there's a reason OOT was so revolutionary and every 3d game since copied z targeting, except for the retards who made monster hunter for whatever reason

I liked the world demo less than the GU demo which is why I got the latter
everyone saying it was more casual and had shit content also dissuaded me

Just repress the button if the monster goes out of view
The targeting system isn't even needed, people that know how to play the game don't use it

> seregios variant vs silver rathalos
please

>making the camera target the monster isn’t a targeting system
Ok

There’s a Starving Deviljho in Frontier IIRC that is even stronger and crazier than Savage Deviljho because it’s releasing all it’s dragon energy stored up over the years all at once in a desperate attempt to get some fucking food and not die.

I played on PS4 Pro. I plan to get an SSD.

It mitigates the 'crap' factor a fair amount. Though what you can handle is dependent on your 'tolerance'.

Honestly I just stay on console, the Japanese players are here, and I use a trick to avoid having to pay for PS+. There's also the potential annual release to consider, by the time PC gets Iceborne, it's very possible Capcom will pull off that shit again.

So I might as well just stick with console and enjoy IB for as long as possible before it cycles out.

Attached: 1563105406760.png (200x160, 11K)

I've never seen a bigger combination of a newfag and BING.

>people with stockholm syndrome don't see an issue

Attached: ne daijoubu.jpg (1920x1080, 716K)

What would a Seregios variant be about, usurping the Raths?
They could make something like Barbarian Seregios

If monster hunter is too hard for you i advise you to play some gachashit or whatever
More your speed

Platinum Seregios

> mfw some basic bitch hunter tries stepping on the earth that I live on

Attached: gey shit.png (462x680, 353K)

I wonder if the gonna change Deviant into Variant or they gonna make new Variant of the monsters.

>when the food tries to struggle

Attached: 1564412307880.png (335x459, 417K)

>this game has shit controls
>WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING CASUAL GIT GUD LMAOOOOOOOOOO
you people are insufferable
go play oot or any game with not dogshit controls and maybe you'll understand

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: Lunastra.png (951x655, 726K)

Attached: image.jpg (1432x806, 88K)

Incel Seregios, male Seregios individuals that are so thirsty they’ve taken to raping Rathians, unlocking a new power in the process to rival even a Silver Rathalos.

Works fine for me, it must be your autism
Go play your gacha now

Clearly it's just you being terrible at videogames since everybody here can use those controls just fine.

>lmao you can just farcaster and refill items/ammo
>now go spend literally all of it on 1 hunt

based 'stache poster

Keep in mind you fight AT Nerg with HR gear, even then you can steamroll him if the conditions are right. I don't see this being any more difficult than AT Nerg.

This but unironically.

Attached: image.jpg (1028x861, 266K)

Hard locking the camera is a clusterfuck on targets bigger than you that can move quickly
See also, every monstrous boss in Dark Souls, especially Centipede Demon

Thanks for reminding me, after all these years this image still proves useful

Attached: where is the lock on.jpg (320x726, 62K)

I guarantee I am far better at much more difficult video games and video games in general than you are
stop defending shit controls because you spent too much time playing a PvE game and pretending it takes skill

MHW beta always designed for RL event in mind.
That's why it has fast and has so many faint.

It's that time again. In all seriousness, you either love it or hate it.

Attached: 1539171312561.jpg (486x1103, 304K)

Let's add a monster we haven't seen since FU

this guy

Attached: 1485774044993.jpg (542x540, 17K)

>>First MH
MH4U
>>Favorite MH
MH4U
>>Favorite monster
Zinogre
>>Favorite weapon
SnS and Funlance
>>Favorite monster theme
Zinogre, Teostra, Deviljho
Zinogre and zinogre armor

What are pendants supposed to be? A replacement for charms?

Attached: ger.jpg (514x796, 158K)

Yama Tsukami when?

I hope someone remakes it in IB eventually

Attached: axe.jpg (633x288, 101K)

Raping Rathians triggers a genetic response deep within them, activating dormant Rathalos cucking adaptations. Their scales now home in on enemy Rathalos, and anything they hit that isn’t a Rathalos will gain the scent of Rathian pheromones, luring a Rathalos over to rape the unfortunate prey to death while Incel Seregios just waits for him to finish and grab his meal.

It's extinct

God I hope not, we JUST god rid of random charms

>>First MH
FU
>>Favorite MH
FU
>>Favorite monster
Fight: Garuga; otherwise Brodogama
>>Favorite weapon
HH
>>Favorite monster theme
Khezu
No more fire Monsters please, we got enough
And i want a reason to use Water element already

sinking feeling really was one of the best introductory quests in any game. that shit has you on edge after you realise what you're up against, yet you keep coming back to it to try and kill that motherfucking tigrex. you develop a rivalry with that one particular monster.. It's a great start to a very good game.

try to get good at something actually difficult like a fighting game before you ever dare to reply to me again

Probably never because of it being a gimmick fight unless they change it a bit

it's juvenile

Attached: image.jpg (676x593, 123K)

Counterpoint, you suck and I’m better.

Attached: image.jpg (372x248, 68K)

>a fighting game

Attached: 1556488614423.jpg (796x652, 90K)

he keeps going

Attached: 1487503274670.png (500x500, 146K)

Fuck you

How does the switchaxe look in iceborne? I heard they improved the are mode and fade slashes

I guess I hate it
what do I do with my copy of GU

Based on the icon in I think it's a charm for your weapon
Might even be something like set skills in weapons, introduced by Lunastra weapons

Attached: image.jpg (633x288, 106K)

>no argument
I win
enjoy feeling accomplished for thinking you're good at a game where the only skill is stomaching the shitty controls and memorizing patterns

>introduce a unique mechanic with the Lunastra weapons
>make them obsolete because now every weapon can have that
I don't understand Ryozo

>First MH
Tri.
>Favorite MH
MH3U
>Favorite monster
I don't like 4th gen, but I like Seregios, I like his armor.
>Favorite weapon
LS in MHW, formerly Greatsword.
>Favorite monster theme
youtube.com/watch?v=rFqXkRwC9fU
All flagships in that pic, especially Seregios, the usual weapon design, two variants of armor (like Alpha and Beta), sufficient monsters and good BGM, more exciting endgame and 'dynamic' monsters.

Attached: 77ebd7c9d6a796169ba244acb1735d2f.jpg (600x896, 85K)

>why is this big axe so fucking slow

Attached: lol.jpg (494x490, 63K)

hey im an fg nut and i absolute love mh, world too
dont lump everyone in this autists sperging

>I use a trick to avoid having to pay for PS+
Care to share?

Idea for Master Rank levels, using the info we have

>1* Initial monsters like Beotodus, Kulu, Jagras, etc
>2* Mid level monsters like Banbaro, Barroth, Tobi, Anja, ecc
>3* Apex monsters and other shit, Rathalos, Narga, Tigrex, Bazel, Jho, Glavenus, etc plus mid level subs like Fulgur Anja (confirmed tier 3 at SDCC)
>4* Apex subspecies like Ebony Odo and Acidic Glavenus (both confirmed tier 4 at SDCC)
>5* EDs and Variants like Shrieking Legiana
>6* Final Boss, Master Rank Tempered monsters and the endgame stuff in the Guiding Lands

Post your rank in whatever fighting game you play.

Silence, Mortal Kombat nigger

Attached: 1556219527182.jpg (863x852, 170K)

>I win

Attached: 1553794773865.gif (342x342, 436K)

Attached: image.gif (540x405, 899K)

>The Elusive Elder Dragon
PLEASE DEAR GOD LET IT BE TRUE

Attached: MISSING.png (1111x812, 928K)

Hey guys, need some advice. I came back to MHW during this 5 week event, started with my old character. HR 53, stopped playing prior to Final Fantasy event if that helps. I vaguely remember quitting after kirin because I thought that was the 'end'. What should I be doing, exactly? I got like 400 notifications upon logging in. Have a catloli in advance.

Attached: 1564245415860.jpg (700x1000, 127K)

>i win
this whole reply chain is happening because you cant win in mh

Attached: 1487502592561.jpg (680x598, 56K)

I wouldn't mind if you had a platform where I can share it privately.

Rath better not be on the same level as Nargi or Zeus

how intelligent are the monsters? dragons like fatalis are stated to be at least human intelligence, but what about others?

I play a 20 year old game at an arcade
real games don't have ranks you zoomer

I forgive you.

Attached: 1542529807677.png (752x600, 557K)

Narg is usually in the same tier and an earlier fight than Rathalos.

shut up you dumb faggot
just make a new account and use the 2 week trial

It's most likely referring to Velkhana but Chammy's still got a good chance of being in

So what you’re saying is you’re trash. Okay.

Narga was usually at 4*, not even 5*.
It's actually promoted in World.

Pukei-pukei is the smartest new world monster by far.

oh fuck it's you again
can't you get a trip like the other autists so i can filter you pleb opinions
last i played was FU and i'm 100% positive Nargi only appears after big cuck

Varies like real animals

Not him and probably not the same "trick" but if you have a friend (you DO have them, r-right?) you get everything PS-related 50% off, PS+, games and all that. You can switch your "main PS4" in the settings with one another and everything one buys the other also gets, so you split between buying games or PS+.

Fatalis is probably King Ghidorah like in the sense that he is much more intelligent than a normal animal but still can't speak, the others are all animal level which ranges from drooling mongs like Tigrex and Jho to extremely smart like Glavenus, Garuga, Seregios and Nakarkos

Narg was new in FU

It used to be 5 but then for some reason in Generations they lowered it to the same tier as fucking Rathian

Yeah, it was 5* back in FU

Because it's easier by far than Rathalos.

I don't understand, MHW has the exact same targeting option as OOT/DarkSouls where the camera pivots around on the monster (as well as other camera options). In both of those games if you or the enemy go too far away the camera unlocks to default.
So where's your issue?

>drooling mongs like Tigrex
DELET. He's just a bit special and we must be patient.

Attached: 1559624968762.jpg (1076x1075, 649K)

Are you going to reveal the rest too? It's not hard to Google, but if you ask me, if you reveal this shit all willy nilly like the retard you are, it'll probably be fixed, just like the 2 day trial was.

It really isn't, Rathalos is probably the easiest level 5 monster besides Odocuck

>FF event
>witcher solo event + all sidequests for guaranteed atk jewel
>arch tempered elders at least 5 times for their armors or 2 times for layered armors, 7 in total for both
>arch tempered kulve taroth farming for kjarr weapons, the best elemental/status weps in the game due to critical elem/stat built into them. also money from selling materials
>greatest jagras or tempered lavasioth event quests for decoration farming, their spits drop shinies which are all decorations, 30-35 decorations each hunt
>daily bounties for tickets, more layered armors
Off the top of my head, will write another post if I remember more.

Attached: 08c01501d64b6ef58a4e5a231b3291ec.jpg (837x1000, 919K)

>it's a """competitive""" Fortnite player

Attached: attention.jpg (570x572, 22K)

whatever makes you feel less insecure

Attached: d.webm (858x614, 2.73M)

Special is putting it lightly.

Attached: image.jpg (826x602, 145K)

thanks bro

Attached: 1469127859877.jpg (471x500, 58K)

Narg has large openers and very few moves that punish.

look man, tigrex might screech a lot and sperg on the ground all the time but that's because he's kinda special, just be patient

I'm talking about GU

he's special, ok? don't bully him

I wouldn't even call Jho stupid, his hunger just overrides literally everything else
The low tier Bird Wyverns like Kutku are dumb as rocks though

Oh I see, sorry you got the worst MonHun of all time. Guess next time you should reconsider your purchasing decisions instead of being mislead by eternally butthurt BINGOS that blindly shit on MHW.

>Plays baby’s first fighting game series
>Defending to the death how not bad at games you are in a thread where you are crying about how bad you are at the game
Who is insecure again?
Pick up a real game kid.

Oh look it's listfag.

see

>The worst MH of all time
That will never be true for any new MH as long as MH1 and Freedom 1 continue to exist

> Overdrive Valstrax vs Ruined Nergigante turf war
Please capcom...

WHICH ONE OF YOU SLACK JAWED FAGGOTS CALLED MY LIL BRO A RETARD

Attached: Ukanlos.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

looks like I win the "argument"
go ahead and move those goalposts more you philistine

>Overdrive Valstrax
So basically flying Savage Deviljho

still can't get over how mhw system requirements on pc are rated for 30 fps, those sneaky fuckers probably caught quite a few people with that

this isn't GU, boy

>Overdrive Valstrax
youtu.be/SQdI15lM5yc

All the while games with a much higher level of detail run absolutely flawless on the same specs.

MT framework fucked the game over hard.

1) Make a dummy account on your PS4. Make sure you use a real email so you can verify the account.www.10minutemail.comworks well for this.
2) Sign into the account on the PSN website and go to account settings.
3) Add any form of payment. I add my card, but I think it works even if you just have a PayPal on there.
4) Go to the 14 day trial page, log into your account, and "subscribe" to it. Here's the US trialstore.playstation.com/#!/en-us/reward_game/ps-plus-14-day-trial/cid=IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS14DAYTRIAL
5) Go back to your account page and remove whatever form of payment.
At this point you can forget that account ever existed and just leave it on your PS4 for the remainder of the trial. Because the new account technically has + and it has your PS4 set to its primary, any account on that console can use online features in games. Just repeat when the trial runs out. I guess you also get that month's + games until the trial runs out.

Right, we don't recolor monsters here
We make them shiny

Why do the weapons in World feel so shallow? There's a clear dominant strategy for each of them

What goalpost did I move? I asked you to post a rank and you copped out to playing an old game, probably because it obfuscates how bad you really are. Which isn’t surprising since you have trouble with something as simple as moving the camera in Monster Hunter. Begone piss baby. You will have no more (You)s from me.

Attached: image.jpg (406x480, 200K)

I'd say they were much better games for their time than X/XX. Creating a whole new subgenre with the pure intent of online play gimmick/promotion isn't easy. But if we leave that out of the question yes nothing is worse than them.

Isn't listfag is a seething XXautist and World hater?

That's quite vague. Seems like your biggest issues are targeting options and animation-locked movesets, both of which MHW does 10x better than GU. I fail to understand how you chose the clearly wrong option.

> Diamond Seregios vs Silver Rathalos/ Gold Rathian

until iceborne at least when they neft SAED so I can finally use the fun axe attacks and not have to worry about the fucking flow chart weapon although I still love CB

Listfag falseflags on both sides

They're the least shallow they've ever been, so I guess you're criticizing the franchise as a whole.

N-nice

Literally the only thing that is holding Iceborne back for me is the lack of confirmation on whether or not you can craft layered versions of sets now
The new armor looks great, but what's the point if it all gets outclassed by ED gear in the end

What this retarded faggot says.

But you also should delete the account before the trial ends, usually about 1-2 days for additional safety.

Attached: __handler_monster_hunter_and_monster_hunter_world_drawn_by_chamaji__1453974b76b02b39587ce6737b4cdf8a (1500x1614, 156K)

It's clearly just optimization issues considering how much they improved the PC port over the course of updates. No more sudden hitches any time Teostra shits out an explosion for example.

To be fair Apex Seregios would kick the shit outta both
You can't kill something that makes your attack bounce off their hide

Valstrax tries its meteor dive but Nergigante has a new move where it extends and hardens all its spikes anchoring itself to the ground and insta killing val when it makes impact.

you literally know nothing about video games
I have taken games against one of the best players in the world of the hardest fighting game ever made
cope more and enjoy your """"""skillful"""""" game where you grind braindead AI instead of real people with infinitely in depth mechanics

I guarantee you the August trailer will breakdown like this.

Opening top of Recess. Red streaks in the sky.
Cut. Purple mist in the Recess. But also thunder bugs.
FLASH - montage of revealed content.
Handler saying dumb shit. Story. Legiana singing.
Iceborne arrange proof of a hero.
Another story thing. Last trailer resumes.
Footage of Brachy.
Brachy footage ends. Turf war with Deviljho or a new monster.
Quick cuts. Rapid fire reveals of Paolumu, Pukei, and Tobi subspecies.
Quick cuts. Proper reveals of Valstrax and Gore Magala.
Stupid story scenes again. Handler. Legiana singing.
Purple mist is back. Sky turns black. Latin hymns over bells. Black silhouette in the sky. Roars.
ACTION SHOTS OF ICE. Velkhana slamming the camera.
MONSTER HUNTER WORLD - whoosh - ICEBORNE
Winter update tease - Rajang.

Lagi will be shown at Gamescom, but won't get a trailer. White Fatalis in the new sunken Tower.

because valstrax alone was more interesting than the entirety of the world demo

I really wanna fuck a palico

Should I go for decos or augments first?

Attached: 1564152712959.jpg (326x326, 64K)

I guarantee you that you made it up.

They still happen to me though, not exclusively to Teostra either. With fagdeiens mod no less. Before trying to tech support me I got this fucking thing on variable resolution, you can imagine what other settings I've downgraded from that alone.

Decos will actually matter in a month still, probably.

If you have none at all try to get Streamstones for health augments and you'll still get plenty of gems in the process from Tempered Elders or the relevant event quests

Fair, too bad the whole game around Valstrax is absolute trash and considering he's one of the last monsters you wouldn't have much fun during the 100's of hours you'd take to reach him.

And if the cookie prophecy is any indication he'll be in Iceborne too.

proof?

How will he top Iceborne bros?
inb4 he just makes Iceborne but with swimming and removes the Handler

Tempered investigations can still get you augment materials. Those decoration hunts are for the duration of the festival only so grind those more. Dont focus only on it imo, do other stuff as well to take a break from them, can get burned out easily when rng fucks you over and you get 35 decorations worth absolutely nothing.

That would honestly top it

>considering how much they improved the PC port over the course of updates
they haven't done shit, it still performs like ass and they took 8 (EIGHT) months to deliver full textures

everything I've read and seen about world makes it sound worse than gu

Tri
XX/GenU but might be Iceborne
Ceadeus
Probably dual blades
Valfalk
More water monsters good god; probably post release dlc/collabs too

Attached: MHW Valfalk.webm (1280x720, 2.43M)

anyone know when the lavasioth event quest is unlocked? I want that beetle layered armor

well no shit, its comparing HR game to a G-rank game.

Works on my machine :^)

what i love about iceborne is the nordic armor they'll have, shame im playing as a huntress but im still not sure how it looks in the female version

>find all treasure
Are treasure quests coming back?

Did they make SAED consume shield charge again?

Right fucking now

>Chaos Gore Magala vs Foul Vaal Hazak

am I retarded because I can't find it, I can see the greatest jagras only

>nordic armor
Literally only Banbaro has that

8th

Great Jagras/Lavasioth event is a little different in that they tag team instead of both being up.

From what I've seen it just consumes phials earlier in the animation so if you get tagged before the explosion, you've lost the phials.

Where we get to fight Valstrax, the Magala bros, Molten Tigrex, and Lucent Nargacuga
youtube.com/watch?v=Jth_M3_Dx8o

Attached: TOWERTOWEROTWER.png (645x234, 60K)

Ichinose got retired to mobage MonHun because Capcom cancelled Switch releases thanks to even PC selling more copies than any portable game.

>based fucking monster vs shitty Kushala clone with dot

what's the most fun gunlance style in gu

it's fine because the master rank sets look amazing on female characters.

guess that's good then, gives me some time to prepare for it

Based info user

looks nordic to me, at least slightly, the female looks ok just not as impressive as the male conuterpart

Attached: hmer.jpg (640x360, 52K)

I should solo Behemoth and AT Nerg but i can't find the willpower to even start up the game
All these days i've just been comfying it up in the Witcher 3

Attached: 259782_5_.jpg (396x284, 84K)

4th gen babies don't know the majesty of the tower.

inb4 Everwyrm is actually the return of Yama Tsukami complete with running up and down the tower to do damage.

No but if you unga bunga and get hit before the swing is done you do actually lose your phials now

>Gen
>World somehow
>Chaotic Gore
>Charge Blade
>Zinogre
>Put Valfalk and the Magala bros in there

Attached: Chaotic Gore Magala.png (772x812, 628K)

Yeah, that's the Banbaro armor

AT Nerg is way easier to solo than Behemoth
Nerg only gets harder with more people

That's Banbaro's armor retard. The majority of the armors they've been showing is either grandpa armor or weebshit.

That's because you're reading about Gen post World release. But before MonHun became console wars central for the 2nd time, Gen had a lot of criticisms and was a polarizing game - people were honest because it was still a Nintendo-only game. Now that MonHun left Nintendo's graps the fanboys came out of the woodwork and are on a revisionist history campaign to declare G/GU as good games while the non-nintendo game is shit.
You be MUCH better off playing 3U or 4U instead if you didn't want World.

GU is only """"better""" in the fact that it recycles a lot of content since the start of MonHun, so it has more bulk to offer but at the same time a lot more filler. It also has a lot of superfluous mechanics creep (talking to NPCs spread throughout all villages every other quest, Prowler stuff, and much more) and a lot of shit quests.
World is the fundamentaly better game, especially for you who complains about camera and controls, but with less content - something that is going to be fixed in less than 2 months with the release of Iceborne. It also seems like a stupid decision for you to complain about content with your first ever MonHun. MHW still offers 200-300 hours (before Iceborne), while GU nearly doubles that by nature of being a G-rank game, but would you really be discontent with that many hours anyway?

Is his game good?

Attached: 1xiiuk.jpg (368x338, 47K)

I'd want that piece of shit back just for this jewel
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-zNJ8Lh3Q

oh, i forgot the name of the monster but now i can see another shot of the female, looks alright.

Attached: 2cfc91fec6d19b81a711b2728ed8f8df3b319badr1-720-724_raw.jpg (720x724, 38K)

Very
Combat is really meh, but it's serviceable and gets pretty interesting when you actually play like a Witcher and have equipment r

I mean, so far Iceborne is a grandpa game. All least tribabs can finally say they're seen as grandpas by Capcom.

Just like how they cancelled 3DS releases thanks to P3rd selling more copies than any Nintendo game?
I swear you people are just asking for another shitflinging fiasco on-par with World's announcement.

source niggergante

That pic...fucking lol

I don't want to play anything that isn't on the switch
I hate the PS4 and I'm not playing anything on 3ds ever again with how much it hurts my hands

Frankly as long as they keep coming out on PC I don't give a shit

Have equipment ready for specific types of monsters like oils and potions*
Fuck i shouldn't autoclick "Post" when it's on cooldown

The Switch monhun was supposed to be announced already. Capcom investor call said there's no plans for a Switch Monhun and all support is going to next gen and iceborne.

Why is that for each character it seems one deco type is impossible to get? I need an ironwall however its about all i cant get, ive got plenty of others that are rarer as well.

Female would have looked so much better if it had a mask instead of an exposed face. I don't understand why so much female headgear has to be "new hairstyle" when you can already hide your headpiece

3DS is utter shit, but you can emulate all pre-World games on PC and play them online too, this includes MHGU.

But yes since you like such a subpar system you're stuck with a subpar game, I guess. Not even sure why you pretended MHW was an option when now you admit you're locked to Switch.

What's the quickest method to raising HR? I'm 42 and want to hit 49 ASAP so I can unlock and start farming augments and decorations.

Took me forever to get Ironwalls but at this point I have a full set of everything except Resentment

Hidden tables tied to the Elder Melder. Dataminers confirmed it.

Events that give extra HR or multitask and farm tempered shit

MH is a harsh mistress.

>I'm not playing anything on 3ds ever again with how much it hurts my hands
>how much it hurts my hands
What?

Attached: giphy.gif (400x300, 248K)

>still haven't gotten a Hero's shaft of the rank i need

Attached: hoang-nguyen-1dc66fbe-2abd-4833-80fa-0da2bbc897b4.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

The Brachy trailer will end with a Valstrax eagle cry as a tease for the final launch trailer which reveals him

>Events that give extra HR
Any suggestions?

>The Switch monhun was supposed to be announced already
Why would it have been? MonHun is a yearly series, and Iceborne is the game for this year, they wouldn't cannibalise its hype by announcing another game at the same time.
If there is a new Switch MonHun it'll be announced a while after Iceborne comes out, with a 2020 release date.

Is Greatest Jagras hard or is it a freefarm? How do you make him vomit?

same, i want another ironwall deco, i just need one to get the skill but all im getting is anything but ironwall
Terminal Montage > NCH

So you guys think the flagships are in?

>there are people that think the guiding lands aren't going to be a glorious return to the tower aesthetic
Grandpa wins again. Even 4th Gen babies have never actually experienced the tower.

Attached: home.png (1000x565, 922K)

>How do you make him vomit?
Let him eat an Aptonoth so he gets fat, then smack him once.

Wait wait wait is Iceborne really getting all those monsters? Is this really fucking happening? Is Monster Hunter fucking back, bros?

They made the tower an arena in 4u
They also did the same thing in 3u

The Pinkian/Legiana one would do the trick. Think there's a Bazel one too.

Vaal is piss easy.
Just build effluvia resistant set, slap extra health to stay safe and stab him to death.

With super defensive set, and my scrub skills, it takes me 30min to solo him with Rath GL - health argument helps.

>nordic
>snow
>wearing shorts
Well another stupid fucking armor design from Capcom, well done.

It was only the top. They haven't used the full map since second gen.

Very likely yes

I don't have a pc
I have a PS4 but I fucking hate it and never want to use it
also shut the fuck up, the switch has been the only good console since 6th gen
the 3ds is like a tiny plank of fucking wood
my hands always cramp playing on that piece of shit and the controls are fucking terrible

all what monsters?

not very hard since his moves are very telegraphed and pretty easy to dodge, as long as you have near fully augmented armor you shouldn't get one shot

Like I said, no idea why you pretended MHW was ever an option in the first place.

Well, enjoy not enjoying MHGU.

He's not wrong. I'm 6'5 and my hands fit my size. 3ds can fucking suck for me

>tower with no loading screens

Attached: 1545575632521.jpg (1024x1004, 211K)

Whoever decided to triple cart at the last Leshen place after this otherwise flawless hunt: I hope you step on a LEGO tonight.

Attached: 1488979029909.jpg (600x600, 174K)

World
Still figuring it out, playing MHF1 rn
Barioth
Gunlance
unsure
fun

You'll die once or twice because of the retarded damage and gigantic hitboxes but other than that he's still Jagras

You might be a gensperm, user, but you have exquisite tastes.

I have 800 hours in this game and I have yet to get a single Handicraft deco

I still have nightmares from putting up with the fucking thing.

greatgras has stupid power boost so it doesnt matter if you kill it. what's important is letting him eat an apo and let it puke when you hit him on his stomach, collect all shiny drops as much as you can.

>750 hours in
>GS main
>barely 1 Focus deco
T-Thanks

Medicine Jewels are your best option for AT Vaal besides Health Boost, as long as you actually have health augment on your weapon

>if you get hit it sticks
>there is no way to remove it

*removes any skill, strategy or enjoyment from the game*

Attached: file.png*.png (159x73, 16K)

That would make for some hilarious moments of people just accepting their death

This dumbass thing will never be added in a MH game. They entirely scrapped the idea and it’s non canon as fuck.

>and they add a piss emote where other hunters need to piss on you to remove the debuff
haha

Thank you sir

Attached: Boomer Hunter.png (680x661, 779K)

how's it going

Attached: 20190730183241_1.jpg (1920x1080, 381K)

Can't wait to join rooms with 3 gunners against literally any G-Rank monster with a pounce and see how long it takes for them to all die frkm one attack

listfag is just a giant shitposter
he's responsible for the epic games vs steam shit too
wouldn't be suprised if he's actually XV-kun as well

Also used to cure the unique poison effect inflicted by Flying Medusodrome

>did this hunt last night
>didn't get any of the decos

They've plucked stuff from the old artbooks before (Nakarkos kinda, Vaal) but yeah if we ever see anything like itN it will be very different from some Frankendragon shit

still trying to get warrior ranged for devourer and glutton

I like your theme choice there

>no plans for a Switch Monhun
pretty sure they meant no plans for Switch MH World
They could throw in Stories 2 for the Switch and it'd probably sell a few hundred thousand

Stories didn't do so good overall in Japan, and did even worse outside of it. As enjoyable a concept as it was that's probably dead.

i dunno, it seems HBG spread might get even more buffs, it would become a monster of a weapon, even more broken than the current cluster spam

I'd like them to give it another shot (maybe under a different title to disassociate) because the concept should be easy money, they just royally fucked it up somehow.

Does this hunt have modified drop rates or something? Haven't played in since AT Nerg slam fuckery released.

Monsters so far:
Velkhana
Beotodus
Banbaro
S. Legiana
Tigrex
Nargacuga
Barioth
Glavenus
A. Glavenus
Brachydios
F. Anjanath
E. Odogaron
R. Nergigante
plus subspecies for Pukei, Paolumu, and Tobi pretty much confirmed at SDCC brings the count to 15

Hello where are the proofs.

Tempered monsters are still in Iceborne. Confirmed from an interview. They’ll also be doing ATs again, but they’re listening to player feedback from the previous ones and the MR versions of the elders before making them again

16*
you are missing the Elderwyrm

still waiting for my bug monsters

Savage Deviljho is probably in and maybe each flagship

No it’s kiterally just a new name for the charms. Go watch the dev diary, pendants relaxed the charm crafting section

Monster Hunter World 2

>mfw Arch-Tempered Ruiner Nergigante

Attached: 1502410412888.png (326x322, 184K)

What if we get an ice zorah magdaros?

I asked about the ironwall jewel. Im running a CB and have everything else i could want. I literally just now got a mighty bow 2 deco, I dont know who did there rng but its all over the place. Ive got all the coat decos, norm and spread shots, anything a bow user could want but not that damn thing

ahem, you forgot valstrax and overdrive valstrax duh

I never really went into the tempered monster content that much. What was wrong with them?

I'd hold off on confirming Everwyrm just because there's no real context for it especially since in Japanese it's just called the Great Existence in the trophy.

Set course for the field.

Attached: 1383799103975.jpg (500x375, 19K)

Everwyrm just works as a placeholder name for the inevitable hidden final boss monster.

Nothing really. Kind of lazy, they just did more damage and looked oily.

hold on is Guiding Lands going to be its own area, meaning not just a boss arena? Look at the trophy beneath it. It uses the Guiding Lands icon as well

it's an investigation, not cherry blossom

turns out that when you allow actual aiming with an actual controller on a weapon designed for a handheld nub from 2007 everything goes to shit
god damn it I hate how fun is inefficent

Bros I’m getting excited.

Attached: image.jpg (877x851, 250K)

>Designed for handheld
>When MH started on home console
Retard. Also aiming with the D pad isn't hard to do at all, especially on the Wii U and Switch versions of MH.

Ruiner Nergigante out there ruining assholes

>reward is Ken layered armor

>First MH
Tri
>Favorite MH
4U/GU
Favorite Monster
Mizutsune
>Favorite Weapon
(4U) CB or SnS
Favorite Monster Theme
Valfalk
>Iceborne Hopes and Dreams
Honestly, never played it. Need to get a decent Graphics card to even hope to try it. I hear its fun despite some Tempered/Arch Tempered fights being ass.

Holy fuck lads after beating AT Nergi a couple times I've been fighting the other ATs and they're just so easy now. Even ATeo that used to cart me on the regular, I'll go through an entire quest and seldom even have "danger moments". I solo'd AT Xeno 7 times in a row and maybe carted twice. I think ATNerg beat the scrub outta me.

>Monster Hunter threads are some of the only threads still where the threads are pretty good

Are these threads filled with oldfags or is there just something about the mh community?

Could just be a generic area-related achievement icon

clearly you haven't been to /mhg/

Time for AT Ruiner Nerg to beat the rest of the scrub out

>LBG/HBG
Kinda.
>Bow
Only in World.

mh threads are usually a shitshow, today we were lucky. we should make a new one hoping it stays comfy

I have, the quality went down but these threads and the general are still better than your usual /pol/ bait thread

Thay tends to happen, until the next wall you hit pushes your shit in even further