So, when does it start to get good?

So, when does it start to get good?

Attached: 3df6073c345d2b4fa740e805e951629409ae8bbf.jpeg.jpg (616x353, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

timedwatcher.blogspot.no/2018/12/fallout-1-sex-text-because-sexout-was.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When you figure out how to kill a rat

Right when you switch over to F2

It's shit, just play the superior game (Fallout 2). It has way more pop culture references!

Attached: 1564178534665.jpg (378x378, 31K)

and still have the worst interface and mechanics I have ever seen. the right click left click system is about the stupidest shit I have ever seen in an RPG. Single file inventory too.

The inventory in F1&2 is legitimately awful unless there's some secret way of quick scrolling

F2 fixed lot stuff. Fallout is unplayable once you played Fallout 2.

Nostalgia usually takes around 5 years or so to set in.
Grab a snack it will be a while.

after you get the water chip

after you get out of the tutorial cave. unironically, it just does, the greatest advantage of f1 over f2 is that it gets you into the adventure right from the start

Doesn't a fan patch/widescreen mod enables scrolling with mouse wheel?

I have the steam version which I think has these additions. Why they didn't go with a grid instead I don't know. No auto selling items for the caps either, gotta drag the merchant caps across and then type out the amount you want up to 999, then you gotta drag again and add an additional amount. sucks balls.

I'm past there and currently working through the Mariposa base which is a fucking chore. I am a combat character too and it is fucking solid. Whoever elevated this shit to its legendary status today needs a smack.

Is this true or just a meme? I am gonna paly F2 after I finish this (with a sufficient break in between of course).

I'll take an actual game with decent everything else and an hour tutorial than a 10 second tutorial and a shit game.

when you get to New vegas

Attached: 67403319_1030439744013426_2168574540173541376_n.png (640x853, 616K)

Only if you're a retarded zoomer.

>Is this true or just a meme? I am gonna paly F2 after I finish this (with a sufficient break in between of course).

Well for one, companions are actually worth a shit

In Fallout 1, companions are hard to find and worthless

In Fallout 2, companions are easy to find and at max level, make the hardest dungeons cake walks

>vapid gamebyro shit
>better

>and an hour tutorial
Ho boy, then you'll gonna love the start of F2

timedwatcher.blogspot.no/2018/12/fallout-1-sex-text-because-sexout-was.html

OP, install my sex mod

Attached: katja new dialogue 23131.jpg (635x472, 157K)

>fallout new Vegas
>vapid
Explain yourself

It's another "zoomer gets filtered by 1 after thinking playing nuVegas makes them a boomer " episode

Attached: 1563682621111.jpg (335x200, 9K)

bros why do Fallout 1 and 2 look so much better than 3 and NV?

Go back to sperging about 2077 nigger.

when you get to the Hub and rake in a fuckton of money.

>gamebyro
>ugly as fuck, not even in an aesthetic way
>Game world is empty and heavily theme park in design
>buggy and unstable as hell
>quality of the quests and writing is very hit or miss
>gamebyro
The only good parts of New Vegas were some of the DLC

But I don't hate 2077

Fuck off with this garbage.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NUVEGAS WASN'T A THEME PARK LIKE 3 OR 4 FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Guaranteed you haven't tried it

You say this when shit like that ghoul spaceship quest exists.

I personally found companions fucking useless except Vic and Cassidy. The tribal guy kills himself whether he's using a melee or SMG. Sometimes if he's using a SMG, he'll just burst down from other side of the screen and hurt your buddies.
Markus is slow as fuck and gets stuck in corners, therefore he ends up being outside combat zone many times. Good in combat but waiting for him was annoying as fuck. I think Skynet had the same problem. I got him very late in the game and I think he died pretty fast too in the military base.

Never gonna do a charisma build again.

Eh, I think it’s one of the better rpgs I’ve played. What do you have against gamebryo?

You're the guy who was shilling his mk9 fanfics and dabbing on deadfire aren't you? Because I remember you from those threads and how you preferred 2 or some shit. What game are you focusing on then?

Damn you're terrible

Sulik+Power armor+Super sledge+max level=game ending companion

>I think it’s one of the better rpgs I’ve played.
Well sure, zoomers like yourself are use to playing trash, so something mediocre must look great to you.

I have had Ian in my party the whole game and he has barely contributed. I had to look up how to get the others and they all got fucking squashed the minute we got to Mariposa. Pathetic.

>muh old games are good
>must be a Zoomer if you don't like this game
>Becuase as we all know, nothing made before year X is bad
>Literally every single piece of software pre-2000 was kino
Fuck off

Abstraction, for one. If you go for muh realism you get judged on how realistic it is later on against new standards and better tech. If you go for little sprites they never age.

>What do you have against gamebryo?
Buggy, heavily limited, outdated, technically unimpressive, what can you actually say is good about it?

I love dabbing on the grave of POE1 and 2, which is sadly starting to fade away as the game becomes more and more irrelevant

I only really hate games that betray long time fans like MKX and 11 did, and I'll never write about them in my stories.

I’m far from a zoomer i just don’t play many rpgs.

>this mad about bring filtered by 1
lmao go back nigger.

boomers think this is a good game, phahahahahahahahaahah

Attached: 957184ce015e2fb87c4e7fef2b3b1eae.jpg (640x480, 76K)

Is Elder Scrolls 6 using creation/gamebryo?

100%, but they will put it under a different name because Bethesda are hacks.

>He wants his TES to play like asscreed

>the game becomes more and more irrelevant
And that's a good thing. Fair enough though, it seems like theres no need with 2077 anyway since there seems to be a bunch of people already dedicated to shitting on it/shilling it. I'm expecting a 7/10, maybe 8 that'll be shilled/shitposted to hell and back, due to CDPR not saying anything and letting people hype themselves up based on nothing, to retards hyping themselves up based on nothing and getting burned when it was revealed.

It doesn't but boomers and newfags who want to fit in choke on its dick, its an outdated game that aged like shit

>He wants TES at all

Attached: laughing boxers.jpg (1231x666, 146K)

>he'd prefer gamebryo obshitian trash to this
Yep, that's how you spot a zoomer all right.

When you beat it the first time and learn how to dance around the clunk.

I played both games in 98. Zoomer insult is not magical shield. Stop using that word. It is pathetic.

Shit. Why not just get something decent and recognized? Do Bethesda have no fucking money?

>And that's a good thing.

True enough, but I loved seeing what new degeneracy and shit design was hidden in POE2

>it seems like theres no need with 2077 anyway since there seems to be a bunch of people already dedicated to shitting on it/shilling it

That's how I feel about that Obsidian game. It could be good for all I know. 2077, if it's more of an RPG than Witcher 3 and not just Borderpunk 2077, I'll be happy.

>dance around the clunk
what shit you talking nigga?

boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer

>choking on the nostalgia dick too hard
Yep thats how you spot a boomer all right.

>knowing where to go, and where the cool stuff happens
>knowing how to cheese the series' signature crap combat
>getting used to the archaic controls that you only really get a feel for half way through the game

At the bare minimum it'll have better combat then witcher 3. Generic fps is better then that dumpster fire. I have seen less outer worlds shitposting ever since that interview with Boyarsky or something where he said it would be "political, but not politically charged" so hopefully that means no "Your bigotry is showing" tier shit, or at least a option to instead go "Yeah I know right, fuck those niggers" or something similar.

When you learn to stop being such a stupid zoomer.

>N-NO JUST CONSUME PRODUCTS LIKE ME AND ENJOY MEDIOCRE GAMES

When you go CHA LCK build and get the Alien Blaster

So how do I cheese the combat so that I can clear out Mariposa without wanting to chew off my fucking hand in frustration?

When you put on your nostalgia goggles.

>boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer boomer zoomer

a thread died for this

Isn't there a tactic where you can lure enemies if you attack one from far away?

Also there's a hidden tactic every Fallout fan knows: Mashing the combat button, enter combat, run, exit combat, enter combat, run, exit combat, etc.

This might be a meme answer but in case it is not I sahll ask, is CHA a legitimate tactic? I am at MAriposa with a combat build and my squad is dead within the first few turns every time. Considering there are only 4 companions and a dog in the whole game, how will charisma help me?

unironically thinks fallout 1,2 are good games, so this is the power of autism

>Also there's a hidden tactic every Fallout fan knows: Mashing the combat button, enter combat, run, exit combat, enter combat, run, exit combat, etc.
wow, you are really selling me on keeping up with this pathetic fucking game.

If I recall correctly, I save scummed and ended up sneaking, hacking, and doing one of the signature Fallout 1 and 2 """stealth bombings""".

well I have no sneak or hack skills, I am a PER/AGL build with power armor and small guns. I really only have clearing out the base available to me. Dunno how the fuck people do CHA builds.

It's not a meme answer, that's what I did and I had fun
Don't worry about starting a new game, FO1 is very short so it's not hard to catch up
I fucked up my first playthrough, didn't take any anti-rad items when I went to the Glow and the save files got all fucked up so I started a new game and caught up quickly, maybe a couple of hours

Cha does literally nothing instead of boosting the initial speech

Oh you can still stealth bomb. It just won't be stealthy. Get your mits on a stealth boy and get your inventory stuffed with explosives if you want to go that route.

Charisma literally doesn't work in FO1

Hell, my sex mod improves Fallout 1 because Katja won't have sex with you if you have 3 charisma or lower

(If you load to an earlier save and keep Katja alive, my sex mod will work for you)

Look user. I've been seeing this mod shilled here for like a year. You better not be the same person. I'm not downloading your mod please stop. No one wants irradiated wasteland sex.

>No one wants irradiated wasteland sex.

Why not?

>when does it start to get good?
>currently working through the Mariposa base

if you're this far into into the game aren't enjoying it i think it just isnt your kind of game. you might as well not play 2, it's mechanics and gameplay are the same except for some QOL changes.

Let me tell you something you fucking nigger, and I don't intend to repeat myself so if your subhuman brain can't follow too fucking bad, the truth is I simply prefer 1 and consider it my favourite and think NV is a solid 8/10 mainly held back by technical issues, but overall is still a great game and you are free to disagree with that opinion if you wish.

Attached: 1470201684485.jpg (564x704, 52K)

Really I actually had more fun in the early game. Now I am just struggling with the combat.

>Now I am just struggling with the combat.

Fallout 2 fixes this by making the game more dialogue based, with its few dungeon like areas easily avoidable, and without the time limit, you can ignore the end game content for a long time and focus on the roleplaying aspects which FO2 majorly improved upon. Charisma is actually a useful and worthwhile stat in FO2.

If Fallout 1 has a fault, it's that 30-40% of the end game is focused around the dungeon stuff

While Fallout 2, the endgame dungeon is 5% of the games content

>making the game more dialogue based, with its few dungeon like areas easily avoidable, and without the time limit
sounds like I am gonna enjoy F2 a lot more.

>replay Fallout 1
>it's short as fuck now because I know the plot and what to do

Major improvement in everyway, except endurance is still useless. (Outside of one or two stat based events, but Fallout 2 is an improvement in general for adding more of these)

Also play FO2 with the Fallout 2 restoration mod.

Yup. Why I made that Fallout 1 Katja sex mod to add SOMETHING to the game.

So, it's okay when you play chess with a radscorpion after meeting a talking plant but sending ghouls "to space" is too much? Kk

>add SOMETHING to the game
F1 feels so fucking empty, why is that?

He could have been referring to 1 which didn't have Avellones shitty meme humor.

Making the game engine work was probably more imperative than content, considering it was the first one. So much content was cut from the Boneyard for example, a whole faction, several characters, etc

Fallout 2 is where their fruits of the engine labor went to and it paid off; huge areas, lots of characters to talk to. Some of the best writing ever in an RPG because they could just reuse assets and focus on that

I unironically don't get subhuman shitposting niggers bashing F2 for so called le dumb humor etc. Do you even enjoy video games/life? Be careful with that edge.

Dress in cultist robes, arm the selfdestruct

I don't enjoy Rick and Morty tier humor.

>In Fallout 1, companions are hard to find and worthless
If you give Ian and Katja those high damage pistols they can do OK.

After playing Fallout: Nevada every other Fallout feels inferior in mechanics. Holy shit it's fucking good and adds or fixes a lot of good stuff.

Attached: davuza2-26540c58-0b9d-413b-806a-73b3cbc1b40d.jpg (1000x1382, 723K)

That's good because Fallout 2 doesn't have that.

Define "Rick and Morty tier humor"
Give 10 (TEN) examples of "Rick and Morty tier humor" you personally hate from F2

clever girl.
Ok I will go try that. Don't you need some high hacking skill to get intot he bowels of the cathedral to do that though? I am a grunt build.

makes sense desu

Attached: goldkek.jpg (250x217, 8K)

>tfw made it to marposia with all the companions
>took a step out of a elevator only for a super mutant down the hall to see me and fire a rocket
>Take the brunt of the hit with my power armor, knocking me down and taking about 1/2 or 3/4 of my health
>Ian, Tycho and Katja get annihilated, Dogmeat somehow survives it
>Beat the rest of the game with dogmeat
I made damn sure my doggo was going to make it after that

And it's ashame too because so many plots and ideas get dropped like the thieves guild. Or what if you could work with Deckard to take on the police?

Forgot to mention that Fallout Fixt allows for a party mod fix that allows them to level and equip better armor.

Eh, I kind of preferred it happening like that. I don't mind when some companions die.

can you just not play with companions, I personal;ly find them a pain when they get in the way of my fucking door. It seems far less a party orientated game?

>can you just not play with companions

They're a minor help in Fallout 1

They're a HUGE help in Fallout 2 and are sometimes well written (Myron)

damn

Attached: ss.png (338x258, 70K)