Shipments vs Sales

I see that gematsu consistently uses the word "sales" in their Nintendo Switch sales articles, and "shipment" for PS4 sales articles. What gives?
Are all Nintendo Switch shipments to retailers count as final sales to them, can't be refunded, and the payment are to be made immediately (or before the units ships)?
Are the PS4 units consigned, and Sony only got paid when retailers actually sell the unit?

Attached: Shipments vs sales.jpg (600x675, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2018/01/ps4-sold-5-9-million-units-2017-holiday-season-worldwide-sales-top-73-6-million
theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/7/30/20746712/sony-playstation-4-sales-100-million-milestone
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I see that gematsu consistently uses the word "sales" in their Nintendo Switch sales articles, and "shipment" for PS4 sales articles
It's easier to say shipments than track individual sales. Don't forget Sony counts partial rentals as full sales (and don't forget they also own places like gamestop). Same practice is seen by Square Enix (e.g. FFXV and its million of shipments). No idea about nintendo though, I'm sure they would have some error margin somewhere.

Can't really answer other 2 questions or would get me in trouble.

>Can't really answer other 2 questions or would get me in trouble.
You work at a retailer?

Yes and more.

Sony considers units sent in to them for repair as 'units sold' for example.

When you take away Sony's image of being the most successful game console manufacturer, you're really not left with anything. So they are desperately trying to maintain it.

>Sony considers units sent in to them for repair as 'units sold' for example.
That doesn't sound right.
That means when broken PS4s are sent back to them for refurbishing, then gets shipped again to retailer, that unit alone counts for 3 shipments?

>go to gematsu
>search for "ps4 sold"
>immediately find this
gematsu.com/2018/01/ps4-sold-5-9-million-units-2017-holiday-season-worldwide-sales-top-73-6-million

So what do you get from lying, user?

Yes. It's all about getting those numbers as big as possible to please their share holders.

The Epic Game Store has been under fire recently due to doing something similar with their paid exclusives in order to fabricate this image of them being a growing competitor to Steam. Playstation, and Sony as a whole, has always done this kind of thing.

Holy fuck how hard can one nincel seethe over the fact that the PS4 is the fastest selling console to 100 million of all time AND the fact that the PS4 shipped more consoles than the Switch this quarter - a 6 year old system lmao OP you are SEETHING

>COPING this hard
See

the lengths nintendorks will go to is astonishing lmao

Attached: 1563744730038.png (915x1024, 240K)

Does Sony have a number of how many PS4 units ever produced so far somewhere in their financial statement?

I'll just leave this here
theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/7/30/20746712/sony-playstation-4-sales-100-million-milestone

The seething will never stop a home console outsold the 3DS which pretty much means the switch will never outsell the PS4.

>don't forget they also own places like gamestop
Source?

>Sony considers units sent in to them for repair as 'units sold' for example.

Source?

>snoygroids absolutely livid

dont worry bro just another couple of months will your next flavor of the week shooting game

Why do Switch fanboys always type like retards?

>don't forget they also own places like gamestop
>blatantly lying

>seething

put this in a very simple way.
Nintendo can sold 4-5 millions in the next Q2 but Sony to cover that they can ship 10 millions and while those console stay in the stores without sell like less than 3 millions in the next Q2, sony fanboys will said that it sold 10 million out of knowhere. Thats why is stupid

Why is everyone ignoring this post?

>2017

Sony had to ramp up their creative accounting when the Switch launched and was a huge hit. They CANNOT allow audiences to demand third party games to be ported to Switch. If that were to happen they would lose everything.

>Don't forget Sony counts partial rentals as full sales (and don't forget they also own places like gamestop)

Attached: 1545879384814.gif (600x338, 3.65M)