Play Darkest Dungeon

Play Darkest Dungeon

Attached: E98998674927A5F75D0FCBC77904405FD438225B.png (1450x950, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ja1texxSyj8
youtube.com/watch?v=WhVix2wgDD4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

copy of swords and sandals no thanks

easiest game of my life
>announce DD2
>go completely silent for 6 months
very retarded devs though

imagine the blight

Attached: 1558489220238.jpg (755x1057, 127K)

Fuck you, I just lost Dimas, I'm not playing

Why are you shilling this shitty game everyday?

retarded rng bullshit, waste of time

That's a weird team, I always use double healers

Only with jiggly mods.

What am I in for?

Attached: 1532953026710.jpg (795x528, 53K)

Git gud scrub

IMAGINE

Attached: 1547843644296.png (1261x888, 1.2M)

I hope DD2 is not in the same vein as the DLC.
If you res him via the graveyard event, you can get the achievement.

Attached: dimas.png (498x76, 15K)

Name 1 (one) good mod that I should install, Yea Forums.

Attached: 1471505932704.jpg (200x200, 15K)

hell if first time, a hard challenge if not

Why wasn't it made for phones? Like this question always has been rattling in my mind every time I am reminded of it's existence. It seems like the perfect game of low action fit for the phone.

Yeah yeah. I know. >Phone.

Attached: 1556772352555.jpg (440x796, 82K)

Faster combat/walking

fuck you nigger, its literally the easiest shit

don't mind me, just deciding if i want to play darkest dungeon

Attached: file.png (307x184, 77K)

If you have played the game before go for it , but for a new player the crimson dlc is pretty unforgiving.

Very soon into the game you get the prompt to start the dlc (by visiting the new dungeon) and until you do so your heroes in town recover more slowly , which sucks. And once you start it you have to deal with the new enemies spawning in the dungeons and the curse spreading.
Its good content its just paced a bit weirdly and can break your hamlet if you dont know what you are doing.

Fuck what wouldnt i give to be able to play this game again without knowing anything , it was such a great game.

>winges about rng
>claims game is easy
seething

next 7 names my estate

Gayboy

The UI would have to be nerfed for the phone. Probably something like tablets

bateman

Oh so it must be good because its easy, like cod? I get what you mean now

Can you still get achievements with mods?

Hamlet

Yea Forums party manor

Haha what if PD infected you with blight and then stuck a vial of the cure up her ass and expected you to eat out her starfish to get the liquid like can you imagine hahaha that's crazy

Cumland

fucking based

Attached: 1558710173662.jpg (1024x1004, 102K)

haha but what if then the hellion beat you up too and made fun of you wow that would be something

big meme

friendly reminder of true best girl

Attached: 1514888476999.jpg (1748x1240, 1.56M)

this shouldn't be taking this long i want to play
if 7 i'll name it brapposter estate

Shindol anime skins :^)

Patience is a virtue

I said name it fucking gayboy, now.

whip me

>Not: Crit! 0

i really like the librarian
Yes

Attached: she a cute.jpg (239x211, 5K)

I liked this game a lot until I got to the point where your characters "refuse" to go in a dungeon that's too low level

makes no sense from a fluff point of view and it fucked up my run completely because I wasn't aware of it

Attached: 765476547654.jpg (601x620, 75K)

check some classes they have over at Steam workshop, some of them are really good
but you could always go for the Marvin SEO classes

château de seigneur maigre pénis

Rerolling cuz this is too good

a shit

i already named it couldn't wait.

Your characters are dicks until push comes to shove, then they'll cry.

Why? It doesn't seem interesting at first glance

Free Real

Gave it a chance at release, and two more times after an expansion came out, and it released on Switch. Just couldn't get into it. The combination of the aggressive RNG-based gameplay and how obfuscated all the mechanics are made it feel like I had no control over anything, and even my successes weren't very satisfying since it felt like I just lucked out. I can take one or the other. I love XCOM even with its RNG and I love Disgaea even with its mechanical obscurity, but put them together and it just doesn't work for me.

I tried it for like 20 minutes and it felt like a mobile game. Just very low-interaction.

Yea Forums
alternatively
vee

what does the autosaving journals and faster scouting do?

Install XCOM 2 instead.

The grind in this game seems terrible. It was fun for a little while though.

journals can be read back home without picking them up
faster scouting speeds up the animation when you get a scout

so it removes the need to colect them?

>Play Darkest Dungeon
NO I'VE HAD ENOUGH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: no.jpg (913x586, 70K)

Fortnite

How do i play this without killing myself?

i looked online, fuck that i don;t have time to grind this shit and keep raising new heroes and keep tril and error. I searched online for the DD maps and went straight to the objective. Of course i still had to make my own team/strategy. But yeah, you need a ton of patience for this game

Nigger

Attached: Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue..png (859x604, 607K)

Modern men no longer desire large breasts.

>exsanguination
>not lactation
A SINGULAR JOB

I'm having a hard time managing resources and playing it safe that i feel so slow and can't even progress the story.

Attached: thief.png (844x891, 1.02M)

Did you get the 'In Such Haste' achievement by accident after finishing a campaign that didn't actually meet the speed requirements?

don't spend heirlooms on useless crap like the trinket vendor until halfway the game, also stress buildings are marginally useful so you don't need to spend too much on them (if at all if you got a jester or two)

nah i think it was a bug, i reached week 500 or some shit. Lol

git gud scrub
i dont blame you, it can be tedious at times

Attached: lol yes.png (246x107, 31K)

NiggerFinger

Rwandan Genocide

The Manlet Hamlet

I'm gonna try to draw something in DD style later. Give characetrs and such, else I'll just do Ironclad from StS.

Attached: The Silent one - StS.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Deep Dark Dungeon

I'd rather keep playing Iratus. At least there RNG doesn't fuck you over.

cringe

That's cool user, what do you have in mind to draw? something cute, heroic or just terrifying?

I usually just do it like the characetr artworks, but I'm up for anything like come up with a monster, scene or whatever.

Haven't drawn in all july and wanted to warm up again with something casual.

Attached: Darkest Amitwhatever.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

maybe that applies to you 25 year old and younger faggots, but that's because you were subjected to the full emasculation efforts by modern feminism

PD shoving a plague grenade into a skeleton's ribcage? Or alternatively in a Cove monster's mouth. Preferably with some battle scars visible.

if you wouldn't mind, could you try to drawan Eldritch version on the Splatoon squids?
think of them as the siren, something that entices you to come closer hiding it's true nature

Attached: Anatomy.jpg (500x667, 103K)

gaytown

lmao

Attached: dipensinganerection.png (680x581, 485K)

I'll give it a try, but I think ti will work better as a more mosnter than an actual siren.

bloodpill me on classes

flagellant very bloodpilled, same as houndmaster and highwaymen.

Wraith, I feel like she'd lend herself pretty well to DD's style. She already has no eyes

Attached: evolve wraith.webm (838x720, 2.87M)

I have but I normally get annoyed when the first couple of teams get some level and won't accompany lower levels anymore and stop playing. Oh I'm far too experienced for that dungeon! Yeah well the dungeon you're suppose to be doing is slapping you in the dick so go help while the other members destress fuckwits

Seven

Fag's Manor of Gayness

>Unnamed Estate

I'm Gay

Wrong.

Attached: occult skin.jpg (841x834, 82K)

I also want Free Real Estate.

>weebshit
I would wish Blight on you if you weren't the Blight itself.

Darkest Dungeon 2 when?

I tried, it's literally, genuinely, unironically a mobile game. All that's missing is some kind of paid currency that you use to refresh a stamina bar.

One of the rare times Yea Forums got it wrong, I'm amazed anyone can enjoy this game.

Attached: wojak is backing off slowly.jpg (525x633, 28K)

4 fucking hours and still no 7?

I don't get the premise of the upcoming sequel. Why are the mercenaries hired to protect the Estate dicking off to some random mountain all of a sudden?

cock and ball torture

Glittering gold.

my boy got nerfed

Attached: TIppfiC7_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

The Herrington Estate?

>stamina bar
Nice bait pasta, but you should've at least learned how the game works

Attached: 1538241936946.jpg (300x300, 52K)

who? and to what and by how much?

me neither. I wonder what will they do to the gameplay. The first game was way too repetitive.

Bitch Town

fucking faggot estate

This. They're clearly keeping a lot of the OG heroes and thus a lot of the core combat, but I'm genuinely curious as to how they're going to make this more than a glorified DLC.

a long time ago, with Color of Madness release. Fla, Arb, HM, someone else. All characters were wicked good in Crimson Court, but half of the roster was nerfed with the release of the new expansion.

I laugh every time a mad brainlet goes "m-muh rng!". This is how mental shortstacks filter themselves.

Attached: 1254654643.jpg (413x395, 31K)

lol mad cuz bad

>weeb

It's gookshit you racist.

Funky Town

Had to drop the difficulty to Radiant mode because I was getting nowhere in Darkest mode. It was constantly one step forward and two steps back. At least I'm having fun now.

Niggerdick supreme

Israel

Classes:
Falconer, The Rightful Heir, Succubus, Cannoneer, Hollow Knight, Cataphract, Thrall, Lamia, Acolyte of Sun

Enemies:
House Full of Piggies, Army of Bones,

Bosses:
Banshee, More Dark Fanatic, Eternal Fanatic, The Incandescent Whisperer

Gameplay:
The Rightful Heir DLC Trinkets, Marvin Seo's Color of Madness Trinkets, Marvin Seo's Crimson Court Trinkets, Kraken Society CoM Trinkets, Amphitheater District, Expanded Stress Relief Buildings, Stacking Inventory, Larger Roster, UI Enhancement

Cosmetic:
Beesmas, Corrupted Hellion, Bloodborne Skin Set, Marvin Seo's Additional Palettes Set, Mystria Female Occultist Skin, Welsh Corgi Master

Attached: 1547771202105.jpg (800x450, 101K)

Dabbington

A hard start till you understand how things work. Upgrade your stage coach first and remember hero's are the only free resource you have.

It's not the same since the abom nerf, or the holy railgun nerf, or the heart attack addition, or the MaA nerf... Do I need to go on?

Attached: 1531067734863.png (680x682, 407K)

An orgy gone very (right) wrong

Lewdest

what a fucking waste

The RNG is awful and it's even worse on the hard difficulty, much like FTL you will get dicked over so the only thing you can do is make preparations to dampen the dicking

Attached: 1553693672401.png (462x531, 134K)

Attached: 1424076801774.png (230x261, 62K)

SUCK IT FAGGOTS

Leave Yea Forums, you are a waste.

Ruin has come to our thread

user makes the most unsettling suggestion

remember to mod to remove nigger arbalest, otherwise your run is invalid

I'd rather play a real mobage instead of a glorified one

Attached: Kongoufok.jpg (490x368, 42K)

I just started
>DUDE HAVE A DRINK STRESS STRESS STRESS LMAO
>entire team has garbage accuracy

what the fuck

is there any de-sjwing mod?

yes the first 10 weeks are hell and you will lose people there, after that you have a sizeable collection of trinkets and strong characters so you have no excuse to die then, outside of (mini)bosses of course
also stuns are your friends

its plays nothing like swords and sandals are you fucking high

The Nigger Box

The The estate estate

Who's the worst character in the game?

You

we all know is true

Attached: my boy abby.jpg (780x1080, 142K)

name a better bossfight

Attached: 20190730120340_1.jpg (1920x1080, 348K)

HHHhhhmmmmm

Attached: Spanish man uses fire.png (488x570, 411K)

arkham from dmc3

I'm basing them on the vamprie squids and they can only swim in blood.

Attached: f51bca88a490da9148e05d4dc10f4141.png (752x430, 205K)

What happens if you grind out to an end game level and all your boys die? Do you just spend another 20 hours grinding?

This boss wasn't even that hard but holy fuck if it wasn't kino

>mfw Come Unto Your Maker
>mfw getting both Dismas and Reynauld to kill it even though they both died during my playthrough but came back with the estate event

Fucking amazing.

Attached: 1562617023022.jpg (1015x1008, 711K)

I stopped playing DD when Red Crook nerfed Jester for no reason. Devs are way too high on their own farts and get butthurt over effective player strategies because hurr it's not le intended experience

Any boss from a game whose gameplay isn't shit

Not having a stamina bar, premium currency and p2w progression makes it very different from the average mobile game already :^)

I love Darkest Dungeon but it's a very flawed gem.
Curios are really poorly done, they're effectively 1:1 trades so you either ignore them because they trivialise the game, or you take them and read the wiki so what's the point really. I don't know how to fix this without more randomness that would cause player bitching though.
Most trinkets are still worthless, no one in their right mind is going to take a 10% fart buff for a penalty to speed, when fish men and pigs can one shot you without turn priority
This is more a subjective thing but I dislike the vestal as a design, every other class is pretty unique and versatile in DD with strengths and weaknesses but the vestal is a bog standard uncreative healbot that's never a bad choice and goes well with any team in any dungeon (unless you play her frontline battle priest). Her immunity to nerfs also makes me think there's a healer/MMO fag somewhere on the dev team.
There's probably more I'm forgetting but I haven't played in a long while.

>tfw have the achievement for losing someone to the markslut that appears with the swine god

Attached: 1564426256821.jpg (955x1046, 46K)

I'd say that Jester is worse since Abomination was allowed into every kind of team.
Jester has the best stress heals, but other than that he's lackluster. His one gimmick requires him to move around and charge up. You pretty much have to build your team up around a Jester.

the devs unironically balance the game around reddit, there's some faggot redditor who brags about having the ear of the dev team. i hate reddit so much.

I have. Beat the darkest dungeon but still need to fight the countess and the sleeper.

Attached: blight.jpg (1000x1700, 291K)

Dont mind me, just posting the best track in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=ja1texxSyj8

Attached: 1564152960627.jpg (391x475, 22K)

>game isn't rng
>it's totally fine
>just get good
>whoopsie some bandit just blanket fired my whole party and crit every member for 1/3rd their health
>poopsie the big dork used his whip thing, crit and now most of my party is bleeding
cool game thanks

>Visible eyes

Literally all you have to do is blank out the eyes I don’t understand why you don’t just AAAAAAA

OK NEGROES
I'M GONNA ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME FOR REALSIES THIS TIME
WHAT'S THE MOST SOLID FUCKING TEAM THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE RNG GODS TO BLESS ME
also are 4 crusaders viable?

4 of anything is viable. Crusaders would struggle a bit on high PROT encounters though.

It does have some annoyances.
One you didn't mention is how being defeated affects the player - which is, mainly by being incredibly annoying. There's no time-limit (unless you're playing on harder difficulties or going for an achievement) and all classes end up very much like each other in the end - losing a team of high-level characters means nothing 'cept the player has to keep grinding for several additional hours to get back to where he just was. It adds nothing of value to the game - there's no feeling of added excitement or additional pressure. You just need to spend x hours getting some new classes ready and then try again.
Compare to xcom, where you always seem to need just a little more time, just a bit of peace and quiet so you can stabilize your situation. Here losing a character has an impact. You can level up a new guy and end up with a similar character to the one you just lost, but the clock is ticking and there aren't really any beginner levels so you can start the new guy out without too much risk.
I really like Darkest Dungeon, but it needed that extra depth to make it fun all throughout the playthrough. I don't mind punishing games, if the punishment isn't just "do what you've just been doing for the last 4 hours all over again".

Attached: 1266962576417.jpg (320x240, 10K)

filthyrobot made a good tutorial about classes in dd

How are the two expansions (color of madness and crimson court)?

I’m debating whether I should buy them, I haven’t even come close to finishing the vanilla game so far, though. What about that dlc shieldbreaker class?

So I’ve had this game for years now and I’ve never beaten it even though I know what to do

It’s because I’ve placed the following restrictions on myself

>You may only have one of each character
>You have to play with everything active
>You have to restart when someone dies

How do I fucking beat this goddamn game aaaaa

the game has too much rng for you to play it like that, remove the first and third restrictions, add one where you can only have TWO of each class.

How do I gitgud and win? Haven't made it past the second boss.

you're forced to kill you characters at the final fight

They're pretty good, Crimson Court has a bit of a marmite love/hate reaction with people, when you finish the first CC encounter you get CC spawns everywhere so it can sometimes feel like you're only fighting mosquitoheads when the infestation level is high. CoM only has the shambler outside the farmstead. They both generally add a lot of content.
Shieldbreaker is crazy broken but no one seems to have still noticed yet, I don't know why. Impale hitting all four targets is bonkers.

Cove and Warrens battle themes are amazing. But Senescence is even more
youtube.com/watch?v=WhVix2wgDD4

What are your favorite endless harvest parties?
I tried vestal, jester and dual highwayman riposte train that went well, but got cut short by an unlucky crit

My take is that they’re not recommended for first playthroughs, right?

crimson court is great, CoM is meh. My personal opinion.

shieldbreaker is great, useful almost in every party composition. A swiss knife of a character, has tools for every situation.

I'll do just the Inkling girl,wanna finish this today.

Attached: 868268d9a8fe770001dae31721f3900a.png (376x557, 187K)

Well it should

People do often say this but I think there's good arguments both ways, in my opinion CC isn't difficult if you apply the same rules you should be learning from the base game as a beginner, on the other hand it does make the game substantially longer. There's really no point disabling CoM though, the area is optional and the shambler isn't that hard to manage.

Give me a reason to use the abomination
I tried Vestal/Jester/MaA/Leper but got fucked as I couldn't keep up with the thing from the star's constant spawning of crystals

Attached: 1563657196118.jpg (480x360, 41K)

CC is late game only for me.
having to deal with blood diseases in early game can be crippling.

So let me get this straight.
Darkest Dungeon is actually a path to the center of the world, which in reality is some kind of Lovecraftian God/Creature/Thing that pretends to be our planet earth but waiting for its time to wake up.

Attached: 20190726184638_1.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

I've seen streamers get up to like week 70+ before losing the game to rng bullshit. How can that be fun? Any game should be beatable with skill and where rng is added in it just shows the incompetence of the Devs in making a fair but challenging game

I got to 209 kills with that party. For the Fracture you gotta use Leper's Revenge, make sure to save it till the boss fight. I made another attempt today but getting DD right after the Sleeper was too much for my butt to handle.

Attached: 20190730114225_1.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

Fuck, I meant the thing from the stars not the shambler, no clue why I always confuse the two.

of course RNG is bullshit. And the true skill is mitigating RNG bullshit using instruments at your disposal. It is totally possible. Git gud, scrubs.

that's a great party. The only problem with it is lack of ability to cure diseases.

it looks amazing user, and dont worry, just take your time

It's also weak against pos4 stress dealers, only Vestal can hit it. I'll try again with replacing Leper via Hellion and see how it goes.

Attached: 20190721233125_1.jpg (1920x1080, 469K)

Hellion I can see working as she can hit pretty much anywhere plus the self cure/damage buff, but I would rather take a highwayman, PBS + Duelists Advance is incredible for taking out party-wide attacks and frontliners

>Unironically leaving a character skin as a nigger

Attached: 1550477888738.jpg (720x817, 58K)

more pictures like this plz

Attached: 1513206183616.jpg (625x790, 526K)

it's more like we are nothing but a parasite/food for a giant space egg, each ** years we have to send a new guy to manage a group and train them to pat the head of the thing and avoid it from waking up, thing is, as some point someone will fail in it's job and we will hit the intergalactic fan in record time

>getting triggered over the RGB settings of certain images
back to /pol/ nigger

Attached: 1469207208681.png (283x268, 72K)

who /reynauldanddismastoendgame/ here?

Attached: 20190730125201_1.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

Attached: 1530325474697.jpg (867x852, 237K)

based

i want an acolyte gf so bad

I miss old Bellow.

Attached: 21332112.jpg (640x480, 71K)

gayboy

>hurr durr duh hart of darkness xDD
Game's only good until tier 2. Then it's just the same looping grind with no strategy or variation, and one of the lamest endings I've ever seen in an "RPG".

Attached: 1461595632252.png (908x793, 95K)

Vvulf isn't even some cultist or driven insane by the horrors, he's just a psychopath who attacks everyone. If only you could capture him and admit him to the sanitarium to be "cured".

I'm stuck on the second Darkest Dungeon quest and I'm too afraid to keep trying

Attached: 215.png (282x271, 133K)

You can do it.

Attached: 20190712233900_1.jpg (1920x1080, 401K)

he used to know the ancestor when he was younger Supposedly when the ancestor was Harrased by the town people to know what the fuck was he doing and what were tose screams everyone could hear he hired Vvulf's gng and promised him a fucking cannon plus instructions on how to build and rebuild it

Just copy the meta strats.

include pit fighter in classes and key item inventory stacking and its perfect

I've tried to avoid doing that until this point but since I'm so close to the end and tired of leveling up characters I'll probably just end up doing that

how many have you lost so far
How many more do you reccon will fall?

As done as it will get. I'm not good with colors.

Attached: dd inkli.png (812x1250, 381K)

Damn, looks good
Thanks for this user

you could probably edit it and do it yourself

ITS
RUINED

Based.

Attached: file.png (914x80, 19K)

But it's not rewarding. RNG is what devs do when they're too lazy to design things properly.

The RNG in Darkest Dungeon is really overrated. You can control for virtually all of it bar freak crits. The way people go on about it you'd think it's Wizardry-tier.

Shindoul?

facts

>schwig's fucking meltdown over the reduction of breast-size to sane levels for an adventurer (bigger breasts than the actual courtesan is a no-go)
>DMCA'd an up-scale mod that included an up-scale of the vanilla titty-monster mod for compatibility purposes
>shia labeouf level triggering over his work being touched or modified

Attached: 1547249290133.jpg (414x415, 60K)

What enemy wiped your party user.
You can tell us.

Attached: 1550602168880.jpg (1100x1644, 343K)

Yes but that implies that I need to be invested enough in the game to learn the mechanics to mitigate the RNG when the game really doesn't have anything to it besides nice art. The puzzle bosses aren't great, there's just 4 locations, the monster variety is kind of shit and shockingly generic for something 'lovecraftian' and again, the core RNG mechanic is just lazy and not fun.

Why bother investing the time to get items necessary to start off and play well? It's just following guides/videos at that point and I'm not invested.

None actually. I tend to get midway into the Ruins/Weald each time and then just get bored. The gameplay loop isn't fun.

What was her problem?

Attached: dd15.png (1280x720, 973K)

Center right is perfection

Attached: 1563765613443.png (698x741, 869K)

AAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 20190712054549_1.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

>want to make a black character white
>can't
>but you can make every character black instead
dropped

Is this game hard to get into? Never played games of this genre.

Easier once you understand what to expect and do.
Protip: Kill Wilbur first.

Attached: 575443434.png (515x810, 203K)

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong board, /pol/ is two blocks down.

Attached: flag.jpg (793x1090, 120K)

To this day, the siren is the only boss that I am never comfortable fighting, everyone else I have a good strat but she seems to be the biggest wild card of the bosses
It requires a fairly big brain, but it gets easier as time goes on

>you actually can but peanut-brain /pol/ lauches onto Arbalest which is the only true example of that and literally only /pol/ cares because they had no intention of playing the game anyways and have to retroactively justify disinterest
>once saw a /pol/ack complain that Shieldbreaker is a nigger when she's a sand-nigger

Attached: 1542330225485.png (126x180, 40K)

>It requires a fairly big brain
I see, guess I'll have to skip it then. Time to replay some game I have finished a dozen times already instead.

Attached: to_do_list.jpg (764x572, 102K)

I remember you could just shit on her by drinking holy water.

Attached: A singular strike!.jpg (2560x1440, 529K)

>using leper
>the siren is the only boss that I am never comfortable fighting,
you just take gypsy lady, who has lowest resist stats, to make siren attack her

just watch a couple of streams/letsplays, you'll get the hang of it.

at first I thought it was a reference to that one Edgar Allan Poe story, took me to understand it

Its more tactics than anything, like understanding what a hero can do, and how well they'd perform in a region or where they should be placed in their ranks

that's absolute memery, the game is easy if you're not using a garbage team

If you can understand a Final Fantasy game you'll be able to understand Darkest Dungeon. It's not big-brained, just unforgiving and punishes bad team-composition.

Is there any team comp that requires a bigger brain than a shuffle party?

That's a pretty big "if" going by all the posts by people that are incredibly bad at the game. I've even seen someone that wiped several times because he didn't get that he shouldn't kill Wilbur first.

that reminds me, does anyone have the post where someone used a super busted character mod and still could not beat the fucking crocodile?

I have 420hr in and this finally dropped

Attached: 20190730214810_1.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

four leapers

Attached: 64564544.png (1222x864, 546K)

That, and the boxes madmen drop are all pretty good

congrats
A nice achievement and an absolutely useless trinket.

What are some good mods to use? Did the shindol mod ever get finished?

What do you think about this mod?

Attached: 1550881014141.png (721x1013, 817K)

These guys reflect why I stopped playing.
Everything in this game is suffering.
I never ever felt like I was on a roll.
I guess it takes a certain kind of player to find this gameplay rewarding.

Attached: 1367929939528.jpg (4270x2400, 692K)

Do CC and CoM really change the experience substantially like XCOM expansions or are they just nice fun additions?

has anyone played IRATUS?
>inb4 DD copy
who cares, it looks pretty good, even if its in early access

Attached: Adeptus Mechanicus - No Heresy.jpg (220x230, 8K)

CC adds a load to the game, but also makes it pretty harder too if you have the main questline enabled
CoM is mostly its own thing with some good trinkets and stuff, aside from a roaming boss that's fairly tough

That used to be the go-to but they got rid of that strat I think during Colors of Madness by changing it so that her ability doesn't count as a debuff and has its own effect that has its regular base chance of working on anyone.

I'm actually interested in that one as well since you're playing as a fucking necromancer with your army of vampire sluts.

never heard of it, but looks cool enough and the concept really calls to me, what's it about and how would you rate it?

is there a more up to date image similar to this?

Attached: 1501511640404.png (2480x6652, 3.74M)

very well made but suffers from the same problems many mod classes have: over complicated skills and OP overall

Beat my first easy run yesterday. It's very obviously early access but a lot of fun so far. I also played DD from early access.

>right click curio item fast as somebody intiates a forced interaction

this can't be real

Attached: 1554343589230.png (336x347, 82K)

>shitting on the guardians shield

It was, but they patched it.

I would provisio one of the things on here and it's something that's repeated elsewhere a lot. While you shouldn't get attached to heroes or bank too much on them, it doesn't mean you should go full retard and throw your brain out the window. DD is very much about being careful and deliberate over every action. Bull-headedness is deeply unwise.

That's too many words. I'm just gonna wing it. Fucking hard game, but I am a slight masochist

If it says + stress does that mean your characters get stressed easier or harder?

One of the best character mods with an amazing gimmick and fits perfectly into any shuffling party. Make sure you bound for glory before you camp

+ stress means you take more stress damage

What are the party members that I shouldn't use?

If I made one I'd have to cut a lot of shit advice and probably the trinket guide.

arbalest/musketeer is not worth slot for one boss fight
drop all antiquarians after you build a bank
crusader is shit no matter how much you try
don't even recruit lepers until you get 2x very rare acc trinkets for them

>crusader is shit no matter how much you try
Are you for real? That's like my favorite character. Why does he suck?

He doesn't, I'm not really sure what he's talking about.

i've only found crusader having worth in a party with 2 graverobbers where each of them lunges/holy lances forward to try to nuke enemies. all their other abilties are so subpar. unholy bonus damage means nothing when unholy is the rarest enemy type. the stress heal is nice but subpar. i only bring crusaders when i need their camping skills inside a ruins dungeon and i'm leveling up shufflers

>crusader is shit no matter how much you try
Absolute heretical faggot. Crusader is great. Best frontline.
Beat Hard Neceromancer with all Crusader squad.
Can tank. Can heal. Can damage. Best frontline.

*goes last vs -5 speed enemies*

Arby/Musket actually has a use in Weald because of her mark removal.
I wouldn't call him shit but there are reasons he's mediocre
- Slow as fuck, which is bad for being a damage dealer and stunner as enemies still act first
- Bonus against undead is eh as Ruins is already the easiest dungeon
- Disjointed kit, has to have team shuffle him around to exploit range
- Bulwark also marks him, which can give certain enemies more powerful attacks
He is fine on regular mode, but Stygian reaches a point where you can't meme with holy lance gattling as well.
He is a good stress healer with camp skills, but Jester and HM are better at it.

I enjoyed the game quite a lot, including the Crimson Court. However, I never could invest the effort of a second playthrough for the madness dlc. Was it good?

my power went out during the middle of a fight and this happened

Attached: Darkest dungeon crash rebuild.png (1596x894, 1.06M)

Some of these mods rival the official classes.
This shit is DLC class tier.

Attached: 1540020684085.jpg (6297x1493, 768K)

You can play CoM at any point, it's not really a separate campaign like crimson court was. It's more of a boss rush/endurance mode than anything with cool trinkets and a nice premise.

>Reynauld or Dismas will never escort you.
Why even live.

Attached: 1550797392053.png (1024x603, 766K)

*snort*

Is Crimson Court canon story-wise?

yes

>Clearly defined stat information at bottom of screen
>It's RNG guys

Attached: Plague.png (1252x864, 197K)

is upgrading armor worth it?

the one that lets quests items stack

>Clearly defined stat information about probabilities at bottom of the screen
>It's not RNG guys

Attached: mfw when.jpg (770x910, 155K)

In fairness there are some pretty dumb hidden mechanics, like how effective speed is actually an RNG number *plus* your speed, or how accuracy is actually your accuracy plus another 5% (for some reason). Darkest Dungeon isn't a complicated game but it is a very opaque one.

Wait so in order to ge the achievement, do Reynauld and Dismas need to kill the last boss or just join the last dungeon?

Joseph Anderson pretty much listed all my complaints about this game, and how it's one of the worst designed games I've ever seen. I can see the appeal of the game and how people can enjoy it, but to still be talking about it in 2019? I just don't understand what y'all are doing replaying this over and over.

>Joseph Anderson

Jester isn't bad, he's very pidgeon-holed though since they gave him that stupid charge mechanic on Finale. I really don't know why that's even a thing or who thought that was a good idea.

He's a fucking retard and a perfect representation of people who cry about the RNG when they pigeonhole themselves into dying.

also overpowered in gameplay, so yeah, I guess "DLC class tier" describes him perfectly.

Attached: Colon Three.jpg (752x500, 102K)

I don't know how people even take this game seriously when it took like a year into release for the devs to nerf stalling. People were even acting like it was some sort of exploit when in reality any developer whose brain wasn't made of pudding would've expected players to stress heal that way and taken it as evidence that their whole system should've spent another year or two on the drawing board.

I always fuck up and never name my estate its ruining me

>you will get dicked over so the only thing you can do is make preparations to dampen the dicking
Congratulations user
you understood the premise of the game

i vote my dubs to ignore this name

short mission in cove for book of -20% party surprised OR medium ruins mission for 20% blight and stun chance for abom (who i really like) which will also trigger a town event

Fucking nice

I know its already over, but
Hotel Mario
You must also name you characters after mario characters

Attached: Nice of the ancestor to invite us over for a feast, eh luigi?.jpg (661x273, 32K)

You're lucky I am still online punk
I love Darkest Dungeon but the RNG is awful and sometimes things don't make sense
>can bring low-level characters to high-level dungeons but they will be worried
>can't bring high-level characters to low-level dungeons because it would be too easy for them even if they are a payroll (with the exception of one event)
Why would they encourage grinding with character deaths (any death outside of the hard difficulty is basically meaningless and you just have to grind more to level a similar character to the dead character's level) and then discourage grinding by not making low level dungeons accessible?
They have to survive the dungeon, which means them being the last people standing if you aren't going for "kill heart before it kills two of your party members" memes, so yeah consider just having to kill the final boss

>have a modless BM clear
>kinda want to get skins and area backgrounds but the little fucking icon will appear
guess I will have to add them manually

you still get archivements and progress, what's so bad about the icon?

That waifu mod

Lol brainlete

Sneed's Feed & Seed (Formerly Chuck's)

what if we made a class with the help of everyone?

would be a cool idea, but we need more than ideas and a couple of retards on a rock throwing mongolian forum to make something like that

you had something particular in mind?

A healer class but it has transforming powers
like a crimson cursed doctor, some good medium heals with a low chance to give a disease and a even lower chance to give the crimson curse.
his mosquito form is more of a lich power stance, the more damage he does, the more health he recovers AND heals the team with a crit

Based.

>nerf anything useful because "OMFG EPIC DIFFICULTY BREH".
Shit game.

Draw a Metroid in DD's style if you're so great

Attached: Hellion can't take much more of this.jpg (214x290, 37K)

i really dig the idea, but how to make another doctor According to the times without having it Stepping over PD style?

did this for my first time and I more or less had a full group reset at some point because 20 infected members all wasting away and I didn't know to rush the blood vintner and the fanatic would not FUCK OFF JESUS CHRIST
really fun game though

Attached: 1429122571831.jpg (140x178, 4K)

>playing evil dude for a change
Noice.