Star Citizen

How can a fanbase be this delusional?
>But muh it is in development

Attached: SC-fb.jpg (1200x630, 224K)

From my point of view it is OP who is delusional

Attached: 0835D3BC-A69D-4CD1-8E37-483A6015EA58.jpg (95x91, 6K)

Its had a enough money that it'll least be a 6/10

but nowhere enough to be worth the 60 million spent by a non-corrupt/bad studio

Attached: D7Fg6nB.png (1000x815, 676K)

Take him! Take him!

Attached: screen-shot-2019-06-05-at-10-54-39.png (767x431, 74K)

There's no delusion. Some people really want the kind of game CIG are making, so they're willing to risk $60+ on a pledge to see what they get out of it.

The real retards are the ones spending $100+ for a ship.

Of course there is nothing wrong with supporting a game idea you like, but when the developers have proven time and again that they can't make the game they promised it is delusion. Also the people who spend 100+ look smart in comparision to those that spend 1000+ and still defend their decisions.

They do quarterly updates with content added so if you are a massive fan of the PU it at least feels like regular progress. I'm not sure I'd call it delusional compared to game like Anthem or Cube World where there are still people hoping for a miracle.

I own the game so I know, but like the saying goes too little too late and nothing they add is really important for the game. Also you can't really compare the fanbase of Anthem or Cube World to it.

It's really comfy and I wish people would shit on it less.

Attached: ScreenShot0026.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

im pretty sure that if someone collected and reviewed all these quarterly updates they would get an increddibly bleak picture of how the game is faring and what the dev plan might be

It will never see a non beta/early access release user

You're free to try the latest build during numerous Free Fly events. Works pretty well for the most part.

Like I said I own the game and my experience was like this:
>die because I glitched through wall
>fly 30 minutes to radiant mission location
>get killed by someone with a much bigger ship
>land on gigantic emty planet with nothing expect two buildings on the entire planet
>wait 10 minutes to get my ship back like it's a fucking mobile game

When did you play last? I haven't had clipping issues in forever

I've been here since the original hangar release and I haven't even had this. Rest is vaguely accurate though.

>having a light targeted at your face to illuminate it inside your helmet
Why are scifi games doing this?

So you can see the face, same reason as why they do it in movies.

I don't encounter this much but my overall issue is that there is nothing to do. They're still in this dev process of creating the setting so they just haven't gotten around to implementing a gameplay loop so it's just feel like you're in a huge tech demo and not a game Alpha stage

Better than CyberJUNK 2077

As someone who spent like 40 bucks in it, I have to say it's not the worst video game purchase I made. I spent around 30 on it and enjoyed most of them, so heh. Kind of got my money back already. The only real disappointment so far for me is the FPS part, Star Marine. Last time I tried, it was still an terrible bug-ridden mess nearly unplayable and never could finish a match without crashing, freezing or at least suffer from heavy lag or rubberbanding half the game.

Compare to other game in my library that I spent 50 bucks on to play a couple hour a'd never touch it again, it ain't a bad deal.

Honestly if they continue to add stuff and polish it, even at a sluggish rate, it'll be largely worth my money.

Although yeah, it'll never live up to all the promises they made, that's for sure.

Yeah it's essentially this, although they've made some moves towards better gameplay loops, but it's somewhat pointless due to how often they still wipe. The fact that most of the tech is in and ... mostly working is pretty promising to me though. Still gonna take a while because they decided to do two full games because reasons I guess.

All I wanted was freelancer with better graphics and more ships. Maybe some wing commander style military campaign. Not....whatever the fuck this abomination is.

Nobody asked for the FPS portion which is a fucking retarded shitshow. Nobody wanted land vehicles or combat or planetsid bullshit.

Yes, but thats my problem this game is still nothing more than a tech demo even though it is over 5 years in development and they still add new ships with every update that the fans than buy for 1k+. Like if you haven't even introduced a gameplay loop than don't fucking add microtransaction

If history does repeat itself, maybe some decent publisher will buy SC after they go bankrupt and we'll get a Freelancer 2 out of it.

True, I never regret the purchase because for 40 bucks I at least got a fun time with friends. But you can get so much better games for less so not really a valid argument

The game doesn't have a publisher, it's solely player-funded. They have to. That's the entire model for its development.

They got 250 million from their kickstarter and also has private investores. No one was forcing them to get high profile actors for their single player thats not even released

They got 250 million from their own website with Kickstarter as additional payment method, by selling the ships you're complaining about.

I can agree with that sentiment, although it would apply to many game. I recently bought Phantom Doctrine and Mutant Road to Eden, for instance. Did I enjoyed them? Yes. Did I felt robbed of my money? No. Could I have bought a better game for the same price? Yes, mire than probably. They are both fine but not masterpiece either so there's that.

Kind of the same with Star Citizen. Did I enjoyed it so far? Heh, yes, actually. Could I have spent these forty bucks on a much better game? Yeah, sure, that too. I still doesn't feel star citizen is the scam Yea Forums claims it to be, but hey, it's Yea Forums. If you listen to thos place, Star Citizen is only selling jpeg of ship and nothing else and you can't even log in and play to anything

I like how its been in dev so long that the graphics and style are starting to look a bit outdated and plain.

Ok sorry my bad, but my point still stand that if they wouldn't have had the need to put some expensive actors into their game their would be no reason to still allow real money purchases, when you consider 250 million from players and the fact that they have private investores, one even put like 50 million into it

The more recent updates look fucking gorgeous in game, and when you're in one of the cities it's still one of the best looking things in gaming

For us it isn't a scam but people who paid thousands for ships that aren't even in the game got scammed, but won't accept it. Thats the reason I asked why the fans are that delusional

It's more like they got the 250 mil gradually over time using this model, and they scale development depending on how much they get. They have this part very carefully controlled, and since 2014 have made pretty much exactly 40-45 mil each year so development can continue at this scale. They made a point of never getting investors and/or publishers on-board because they want full creative control. However, in Chris Roberts' words, a friend was 'nice enough' to invest 50 million which is going to be used solely for marketing Squadron 42, which is going to have a more traditional game release approach to Star Citizen. As for the actors, it's always been a thing since Wing Commander and it was one of the stretch goals. Worth mentioning is that I'm pretty sure they aren't as expensive as they look as they are all conveniently UK based actors filming at a UK studio.

>charging 1000 bucks for a jpeg is good because it's the only reason the game still exists

Funny how by being a self published game Star Citizen makes EA look harmless

I mean, at some point you could get both Squadron 42 and Star Citizen for 20 bucks and that will be all you need to get anything in the game including cosmetic stuff. They've been open about this part. The fanbase just has a shitload to blow to see the game come to fruition.

what's the content like? im enjoying elite dangerous somewhat and i enjoy space games.

It's worth mentioning that EA as a publisher pays the developers salary, the money made from games goes to whatever the fuck they want, best case scenario in EA's case being some other game. In this case all money goes to development of the game they're already playing.

I only believe it when I see it

More to do than E:D but smaller scale. Definitely bigger scale in presentation though

Boomers

I want it to succeed so bad just so I can play it

that sounds neat, thank you user.

That's the most sensible approach yeah. Although I can't say I'm hurting real bad from that 20 bucks I dropped.