Underrail thread

carrying 10 steel plates all the time just becuase i can
where my str chads at

Attached: undertail-expedition.jpg (1400x788, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=290.0
youtube.com/watch?v=JrLyrEPzrpc&t
underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4108.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you called?

Attached: 20190730015837_1.jpg (1920x1080, 408K)

I'm not entirely sure where to go at the moment. There's these two places I've circled on the map, but the door is closed for one, the Nexus of Technology, and the Blistering Shores facility didn't seem to have a place to dock anywhere nearby. Do I just have to go north and take some ridiculous detour? Then there's that Verdescant valley or whatever, which I couldn't even get to--I'm guessing it's through the swamp?

Attached: how.png (1537x860, 433K)

I keep hearing about forward grips being good for combat shotguns but I don't think I've ever seen one at all. Does this item actually exist?

Are those really good stats for a spearman? Is leather the most optimal or are you just wearing that for Depot A?

Fucking deathstalkers man, had no fire to take it with. Thank rng for crits.

I'm seriously considering putting in a suggestion on the Underrail forums to make crab spawns less fucking heart attack inducing. The sound is really jarring and loud and the animation is sudden.

>Currently wandering around with the Dude
This guy is a fucking legend.

Attached: strain.png (500x731, 190K)

Fuck off already, shill.

You haven't seen nothing yet.

This marked tile has a starcase that goes underground and underground there is another staircase that goes up, The hives only spawn a limited number of locust as well so it's not too bad

Attached: 1564477381792.png (1537x860, 491K)

oh im sorry
im gonna open another smash dlc thread then

nevermind i got the names of the places mixed up lel

Oh, that place. I've cleared it out and must have missed it. I'm guessing that takes me to the Nexus. What about the other two places? I think it's just because it's late but the psi-crabs and the hives have been frustrating the shit out of me so I needed a break.

Guys what's something I have to look out for when making a sniper man? Anything I have to skill into first or prioritise ?

Smash is just as shitty as Underrail

Oh, whoops. Well, I checked google about the Nexus and apparently the entrance is some really long detour to the east. And I have to eventually go to Blistering Shores, so there's no reason to do it yet. All that leaves is the Verdescent Valley or whatever the fuck it's called.

Place on the left leads you to horticultural centre entrance if don't have str or agi to go in fast route. Place on the right allows you to get a submarine.

Viridescent quarry is optional and requires a long trip through the cancer marsh infested with heartbreakers and locusts. You can find a unique shotgun there.

I cleared out the horticultural center as far as I know, or at least I unblocked that door with the gas grenade and got the fold-m, which I think is what I needed. I just needed to know how to get into the other areas I circled.

Well, fuck. You'll never guess what I'm using. As for the place with the sub, I'm assuming I just need to go there later? Or at least there's no reason to bother with it now.

Attached: shotguns.png (607x898, 246K)

Yes, you can go there later.

So as a burly Doomguy with no pickpocketing, persuasion or intimidation, how do I get the key card from Elwood in the gambling house?
Can you somehow silently assassinate hime without a silenced gun? (obv he never has to go home to sleep at night, or can't drug a drink either, right?) Or am I just not suppose to do this quest and get into the depot A somehow else?

Use your fists. Wait in the corridor between two rooms and kill him in one round and nobody will notice.

Hammer him, beat him, or introduce the back of his head with some little subsonic .22s

I'm the same build as you, assuming you have good melee or a silenced weapon, you can kill him in the gambling house. You know how he travels between the two rooms through the dark hallway? Confront him there and if you're lucky your initiative should be high so you can get the first move. He has low health so it should be done in one turn.

forget initiative, just start combat mode with enter and beat the shit out of him. you don't actually have to talk to him at all.

who >bankxp here?

Attached: xp.png (1035x209, 192K)

Some fucker told me to take persuade and now i have no skill points

Never listen to Yea Forums

Oh cool, but I have 0 melee skill, so my hit chance is 10% (which totally makes sense If I were a disabled toddler, ah RPGs...). So I guess I must buy a silenced gun?

when are charisma and speech skills ever a good choice in videogames

Well, what I mean is, can you actually access that area now or do you need to wait until the game puts you at the point where you obviously need that submarine to progress? I didn't see anywhere I could dock near it.

How the fuck are you playing Doomguy with 0 melee? End your playthrough.

Doomguy is all about guns you dummy.

You can go around from the west through the Snakefags' villages. I don't remember if you need upgraded clearance to access it. If yes, then you should go to nexus first.

no

i have like 3 of them

Yes, this. Juggernaut, heavy armor, heavy weaponry.

>da doomswaya is so fwikken epic he wips and teawd aww da demuns wif his hands!
neck yourself

Attached: 1564258887151.jpg (680x940, 63K)

Want to buy this game, but I'm a bit unsure about it. Tell me something about it.

>wojakposter thinking his opinion is worth anything

Speaking of STR, what is the requirement to pick up the piece of the monolith? Is it even possible? I want to put that shit back together, but with minimum STR the highest I can go is 13.
Also despite having 18 Will and over 350 Thought Control I still can't interact with it or the Jaws monolith. What am I missing?

it's free on your torrent tracker of preference

Bre, it's a fucking gate stone to the shadow dimension. You can't pick it up.

A torch. The Godman broom that can wipe those abominations from existence.

you can get access to the nexus by going into caves near by. dock out side of it, and take the eastern exit map, and move into the caves. you have to travel through the spider caves, or you can by pass it entirely if you have 10 agility

fuck psi beetles, fucking goliathus' AND FUCK THAT CLONE ATTACK THEY HAVE

Lmao I just placed a bear trap in the corridor, he stepped on it, he bled half way, then I hit him on the first hit (maybe you have higher hit chance against trapped targets?) and he dropped dead without anyone giving a shit.

Attached: beartrap.png (960x720, 605K)

Are you playing on dominating? They don't have doppelganger on normal difficulties.

i actually meant pseudo spatial projection, the one that just lets them completely mitigate seven fucking attacks
a "chance" to miss, my FUCKIN ASS
playing on hard

>(maybe you have higher hit chance against trapped targets?)
user, its kinda hard to boxer dodge shit if you have one of your legs currently half bit off and stuck in about a pound of jawed steel. Just saying.

>(maybe you have higher hit chance against trapped targets?)
yeah, being entangled or trapped reduces your dodge and evasion to zero.

you don't need to be stealthy at all, you can walk up to him and blast his ass with a shotgun and as long as nobody sees you pull the trigger, you're good

Yes, but I never before used the trap or saw what root does, and you never know the rules, since for example I should have higher melee hit chance (but say much lower damage) with 0 melee skill, instead of being a limbless toddler. And maybe bear trap reduces dodge since you could still theoretically move your upper body a bit, or block an attack with your arms/weapon/shield, instead of dropping it to absolute 0 dodge.

which resistances apart from mechanics are most useful

bio I think mainly. energy is also good, because when it comes to play (pretty rarely) it really is useful. cold doesn't matter for most of the game, the only times it's ever an issue is against psionics, and rooms with cryogas, and you can easily run through those

Depends on the enemy. What kind of a question is this user, depot A needs acid resist, snakes need bio resist, coil spiders need lightning resist, it depends on who is trying to fuck you up.

You wont find a constant need to defend agaisnt lightning, cold or acid, its usualy circumstancial or something thats only for an encounter or area, but generaly, just mechanics and electric for normal, with acid/bio for way later, and in expedition, physical bio, get heartbreaker leather shit, its good.

Is this still accurate?

Attached: 1506453907107.jpg (2460x2120, 2.61M)

How do I solve the puzzle in Dude's lab?

Quick, kneecap shot or barrel stare?

its wrong about tranq vs psycho, as most builds are, but yes its not too retarded
love how it goes hahahahhaha at neurology but then is all "better take it"! to meditation. yeah righto mate.

Thermodynamicity is stil shit, cyrogenic induction is okay, hypothermia is still shit but cyrokinesis will carry you through most of the game now.

barrel stare

Prety much. Neurology still meh, everything but pyromaniac is meh, mental is still a npc mook ability and mania still fucking great. The power rank is still Locus>Premeditation>Mania>Force User>Neural Overclock.The rest is meh.
Straight up an answer or a hint?
Barrel stare, get the big dick damage.
Nibba, if you already comitted to the abortion that is tranquility, then it cant tell you not to go for meditation. Your build succs more than a siphoner, thems the truth Jack.

Cryogenic Induction can be used with Implosion for an instakill combo as long as Implosion deals over 50% HP damage. This is pretty useful on Dominating.
Tranquility became even better with the addition of Temporal Manipulation and especially Temporal Distortion which can't crit and hits for ass loads of damage. Psychosis was a big meme and is still a meme, it's for people wanting to play a dirty nuker and not a true mage.

is there any way I can increase the expedition camp's supplies, or gain defenses? I don't really have the capabilities to deal a lot of damage to the strongmen, hives, and crabs in the ruins, so I can't really investigate my options myself for a while. the sec trooper number is depleting and I'm getting a bit on edge due to that.

>Nibba, if you already comitted to the abortion that is tranquility, then it cant tell you not to go for meditation. Your build succs more than a siphoner, thems the truth Jack.
I'm a psychosis player you retard, reading comprehension. also stop typing in such an aggressively cringey way you fucking zoner

>Psychosis was a big meme and is still a meme, it's for people wanting to play a dirty nuker and not a true mage.
Motherfucker, a mage is a nuker.

Also.
>Not wanting to be the ultimate being
pathetic.

Attached: 20190729201005_1.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

Would also like to know this as the troop number is dropping after i killed the pirate leader and assumed it would stop the pirate attacks but nobody seems to comment on it

>Motherfucker, a mage is a nuker.
No, in any good rpg system a mage is a manipulator first and foremost. Blasters are nothing but a very specific setup that usually guts your general potential. Same as here, really.
>the ultimate being
A guy with actual mental problems (psychosis and mania) can't be the utlimate being.
You can get this much damage from stacking ass loads of Temporal Distortions so a single tick does like 300 damage total.

is doctor worth it with traqulity? I think so i somehow found super health hypo recipe on blaine before depot A(i'm playing on hard) so i could basically have last stand without it killing me with doctor.

yeah i didnt think this through. last stand plus doctor plus this would make me ultra utilize tranquility.

If you have 9 CON for Last Stand why not just get Fast Metabolism?

i have fast metabolism. but i just underutilized last stand last time i had so thats why im thinking about dropping it but now as i think about it helath hypos share cooldown so i could so something like get full hp with hypo then heal with last stand and then heal again with hypo to got most full health time.

>last stand
>stasis
>don't lose the hp
thanks for the infinite health

the cope

those are just feats, man, and temporal distortion relies too much on time to kill anything that hits hard and fast

wait that's not how it works no? stasis stops the shit you have going for the two turns it just delays last stand.

>the cope
What?
Is that some new Psychosis build ability?
Sounds in line with the rest.
> and temporal distortion relies too much on time to kill anything that hits hard and fast
Temporal distortion relies on disables and crowd control. Combine it with Stasis, psi walls, stuns or other things and the enemy is going to get wrecked without having a chance to deal any damage to you.

bre, you have so many tools to get time for distortion to proc and with continuum ripple + specialization it's literally gonna kill everything.

You got me on stasis and forcefield but stuns are shit, unless you mean LoCd mental breakdown.
Too much investment, imo. Good for a tranquil build but not much for psychosis

you forgot flashbang, bre. flashbangs make distortion tranquil build mega OP.

Throwing is such a hassle on pure psis, though

i'm now trying to dump psychokinetics. I'm just getting some to get force field and maybe late ill get elektrokinetic imprint for some more utility but now im lvl 10 with full thought control and full TM and 30 psychokinesis and it plays the same as when i was going full psychokinesis. So i'd say it's going well.

Not really since you need only 50 effective throwing to hit reliably.

Attached: ExpeditionSniperPistol.png (1920x1080, 203K)

I typically don't go above 30. I have gotten more spot on grenade throws at 46% than I have landed sword swings at 75%

Psychokinetics are way better than memethermics, user. Telekinetic Punch + Proxy is a better single target nuke than anything in memethermics on non-psychosis build and it provides more stuns.

>You can get this much damage from stacking ass loads of Temporal Distortions so a single tick does like 300 damage total.
>comparing DoT to an immediate 1-shot
hahaha

nonono bre i have 0 in memethermics. I'm just full commiting to distortion and temporal overload to kill everything that'S why im'm dumping psychokinesis also. I don't need points in it since i dont use it for dmg just for cc. I'll put the points in more important stuff like throwing and crafting. im pretty much going 2 tree psion.

Distortion is not a fucking DoT, it's a delayed nuke, user. Learn the terms you're trying to use.
And there's literally no reason to choose an immediate nuke over a delayed one given that Tranqulity also provides metric fuck tons of stuns, utility and casts per turn.

the dots spread on half the enemies with continuum ripple. Suddenly half you your enemies are dead. gg ez.

>there's literally no reason to choose an immediate nuke over a delayed one
>n-no, really, killing something later is JUST AS GOOD as killing it now I swear
Jesus fuck the cope lmao.

My goblin brain didn't realize that throwing nets would allow me to just completely negate a death stalker's evasion once I get it incapacitated with a flashbang or something. How is this item still so good?

Tranquility builds sacrifices nothing and still gets fantastic nukes not reliant on Psionic Mania to reach high numbers. Even better, those nukes spread around.
Psychosis build gains a universal 20% cost debuff. This means less room to waggle with any support psi.
Judging by your linguo you have a hard time coping on your own.

Useful consumables.

lmao i just cuck death stalkers with force field. just go in a corner and block yourself with force field. The retard death stalker can't get to you so he's gonna wait in invis right behind the wall. Just search the spots behind the wall and you got him. mental breakdown stack distortions and he dead af. They have pretty good AI i think they always hide behind corners but this part isn't thoguht through for some reason.

hard or normal difficulty

hard if you really wanna enjoy this game for long. You're gonna be thinking about your gamplay and build a lot. probably more than playing the game but it's still fun.

Been thinking of starting this game. What sort of build should I make as a beginner to those kind of things?
Also any starting tips?

Normal is the difficulty this game was designed for.
Hard introduces a bunch of artificial limitations that straight hamper the enjoyment you get from the game, like a huge debuff to monetary gain or huge HP debuff which makes a whole array of CON-focused builds less effective for no reason. It's not as autistic as Dominating but there's zero reason to bother with it, especially if this is your first time.

Psychosis = retarded gorillas waggling their dicks to big numbers that will literally kill themselves just to deal more damage (ladies: yikes!)
Tranquility = galaxy IQ, suave tacticians carefully maintaining a full HP bar, psi bar, cooldowns, hypo/booster CD's among other resources to play at optimal effiency (ladies: *swoons*)

definitely go psionic mage first time. Guns and melee is too hard when you have no clue what you need to do.
tips - you need combat medicine, if you see enemy and want to fight start the fight before they do by pressing ENTER. Learn to use combat utilities as traps and granades nets all kinds of shit because you will need it.

>Normal is the difficulty this game was designed for.
lol

Attached: normalbabbies.png (512x376, 21K)

It seems the tranquils can't meme right.

So i'm right and all 100% values are based for Normal and artificially inflated or nerfed on higher difficulties?
Good to know.

bre, on normal it's too easy. Why would he design all these combat utilities and medicine and shit if you weren't meant to use them. I already find the game pretty easy when i learned to use it all but it was pretty fun learnin it all.

>150% health on normal
LOL

why do you need all the money? i have chest full of expensive armors and weapons i can't sell on hard and 4k charons and 2k credits after finishing depot A. And i'll never use any of it since i just need materials to craft my own shit which are pretty cheap even higher quality.

>baby in denial about having inflated health

>bre, on normal it's too easy
There's no real difference in terms of actual difficulty between normal and hard. Hard, hovewer, is significantly less fun with idiotic changes like 50% sell costs or EMP disabling your entire fucking inventory. They serve no purpose other than creating more busywork.
And you need to use combat utilities and medicine on normal too.
Start the game, open up a difficulty selection screen and tell me what difficulty is called the baseline for this game.

When is a good time to go for the expansion missions? Is right after the faceless attack a good time?

>no full AI
>inflated health
>normal encounters
i don't know how you can have fun on normal when everything is piss easy

>baseline of the game has a gutted AI
lmao

started level 15 on hard and doing ok so far besides the crossbowmen

Where shotguns any good? If so, any recommendations on stats/setting up character?

>why do you need all the money
Expensive jet ski and your own house are already enormous money sinks.

jet skis.
speaking of why are they so fucking expensive, bros? I'm never going to reach the coin required to buy one I want
fucking 3 (3) vehicle fucking repair kits cost over 350 shinies. what in the fuck? lay off the serbian crackpipe, Styg. fucking impossible to make cash on higher difficulties.

>he is still in denial

Attached: 1533864595297.jpg (1920x1080, 555K)

so you're playing the game just to have these things? you're not playing it to enjoy combat and your character in full? Go play minecraft bre, you can build your own house there and sail on a boat.

Neither is necessary. Invest in mercantile if you want to swim in money, otherwise deal with not being able to afford everything. It's as i should be.

that's just for babies like you so you don't write articles on kotaku how you can't finish the game cuz it too hard. Why would he implement full AI on hard and have actual health scaling on hard.

>a line added because casuals cried about hard being too hard
Enjoy your gutted AI and inflated HP, lmao.

>you're not playing it to enjoy combat and your character in full
You enjoy combat and your character in full on normal. As I said, there's no significant difference in those aspects between the difficulties. On the other hand, having less pointless busywork is always good.

>Neither is necessary
Playing the game is not necessary as well, but here we are.

stop coping, bre. Normal doesn't have full AI, the case is closed.

I'm not the one preferring fan wiki to the official descriptions, "bre". You can't cope hard enough.

>give me everything without any skill point investment, now!
sad

>give me everything without any skill point investment, now!
Not possible on normal too.
You may have actual autism.

>I'm not the one preferring fan wiki
Everything on that wiki is a fact, tho.

it being information from a fan run wiki doesn't make it any less correct. hard is true normal. end of discussion.

Come back to me when Styg himself will fill the wiki, then we will talk.

>it being information from a fan run wiki doesn't make it any less correct
It is, when it's contradicted by the very first selection screen when you see while starting the game.
Hard is shit. It exists only to stroke your inflated ego. I'm sorry user, it's just an undeniable truth.

>playing Sledge tard
>450% bonus on crits
>rarely even crit
>when i do, i disintegrate them
Looking forward to my second playthrough as an Operator.

Attached: THEY WILL NEVER MOVE AGAIN.png (307x363, 164K)

>the information cannot be factual unless the developer writes it on the wiki itself
You're just embarassing yourself at this point.

>Not possible on normal too.
It's piss easy to afford a jet ski, several batches of super steel ans benches on Normal without Mercantile.

>You may have actual autism.
You are actually stupid.

We have information from the developer and the information from the game itself.
Oh boy oh boy, what will i choose?
Spoiler: not the one maintained by autists possibly present in this very thread

no. You're too stupid to play on hard. DOMINATING is to stroke ego. Imagine playing against dumb af AI and thinking combat is as it should be.

Nah man, I think he is right. We should just nuke the wiki, its existence is an exercise in futility.

The gutted AI and HP modifier for the player on Normal are a fact. Stay in denial.

styg made the wiki and chose the people who run it though. you can't even edit it without getting personally approved by the guy who manages the wiki.
underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=290.0

>It's piss easy to afford a jet ski, several batches of super steel ans benches on Normal without Mercantile.
Ahahaha, nope, it is not. Unless you actually act as an Al Fabet and do the repair kits carousel which is essentially required to buy anything on hard.

It's a fact that normal is the difficulty the game was design for. Stay in denial.

>DOMINATING is to stroke ego
Not really, it's just hilariously over the top which is fun in its own way.

I would just pref to have normal difficulty but with full AI and 100% hp

>You're too stupid to play on hard
Literally fucking nothing mechanically changes on hard. If you think otherwise you're actually in the clique of autists getting their ego inflated, i'm sorry.

You can get 24k just by selling the reef glider and selling the acorn. You don't even know what you don't know.

See, this is what he needs to do: give us a way to customize difficulty. Dominating encounters sound fun, but not when they are associated with retarded skill and HP values of that difficulty mode.

I don't even mind the lower HP count. I hate the gimped healing items. I wouldn't mind so much if it was the case for enemies as well, but it's fucked to heal yourself for 75, then the dude who just shot you to shit goes out and heals himself for 150. or the fucking view range being a permanent 13 tiles. I hate getting shot from out of range by some faggot tribal with a crossbow.

which one lads? i did some rough estimations and i think the vindicator is going to do more damage on average, but I'd like to hear from you guys.
they're pretty great. no move and shoot penalty so sprint is really strong even with heavy armor. you can be somewhat flexible with a heavy armor shotgunner, but you'll want to start with at least 7str 5dex 6agi and 5per and distribute the rest based on what you have planned, such as 6dex for grenadier or 7per for kneecap shot.

Attached: shotgun.png (977x696, 525K)

>or the fucking view range being a permanent 13 tiles. I hate getting shot from out of range by some faggot tribal with a crossbow.
That's the case on every difficulty, tho.

>spoiler
SO THATS THE FUCKING POINT OF THAT WORTHLESS SHITPILE, FUCK ME, I FORGOT

>Literally fucking nothing mechanically changes on hard.
If by nothing you mean the AI, player HP, armor swapping, EMP affecting inventory items, sell values, number of enemies and more then yeah, sure. Nothing.

It was obvious, user. How did you not think of that?

yeah, I realize that, those are just the 2 gripes I have with the game. I don't mind anything else nearly as much as I detest those two factors

Alright thanks, I will look into it a bit more but that sounds like a good starting point.

git gud

I'd definitely go with the vindicator. the vagabond just seems shit in comparison.

hmmmm is 6 agility for spint worth it on psi build?

Why the hell do those natives attack the fucking expedition camp so damn often? I barely have time to go exploring and it's BEEP BEEP WE'RE UNDER ATTACK FAGGOT COME BACK HERE.

Would also like to know how come pirate patrols won't stop spawning after I killed their captain and all the pirates in the surrounding areas.

>is 6 agility for spint worth it on psi build?
depends if you're melee as well, otherwise I just don't see the point, man

Just genocide snakefags already, you can't make peace with them.

I haven't even gone North yet, just rescued the professor, then suffered a native attack, went back to clear another 2 screens of pirates, chatted with the ferryman and got called for another attack right after paying him to deliver the mines.

Absolutely, if you are tranquility.

>Why the hell do those natives attack the fucking expedition camp so damn often?
They don't like your face.

>I barely have time to go exploring and it's BEEP BEEP WE'RE UNDER ATTACK FAGGOT COME BACK HERE.
Protip, they can't call you if you are outside of Black Sea OR inside a dungeon. Basically, if you hear static when calling someone, you're safe.

bros
is there a consistent source for underpies? or are they loot only? I haven't seen one since the early game.

It looks better with a short barrel, but then it's a trade between 5% accuracy or more consistent damage.

Attached: shotgun.png (428x611, 14K)

The 20% crit damage on the vindicator tho. That's bonus 50% with crit power. 80% if fully specced.

Craft goggles with crit chance.

arent they just randomly sold by vendors like every other food item

They only work with ranged.

Is there an oddity or anything special in the spider cave at C8?

moe in corecity sells one so he should have another whenever he restocks

>arent they just randomly sold by vendors like every other food item
haven't seen one in a shop, once.

>Is there an oddity or anything special in the spider cave at C8?
Is that the big one with destructible walls on a small island? If so, there's literally nothing noreworthy in there.

I tried to make it work with my engines but unfortunately I just saw it as so shit that I refused to ever touch it again. Thanks for the advice user, I may not sell the Aconr but ill for sure sell that junk heap.

really? thanks jack.
anyone know the number of chromium blades you need to use gloria? does it tell you anywhere? I hate fighting bladelings, don't want to waste my time with this any more than necessary.

30, also take one to ezra and capture a borer to give to quinton.

That's why you should have gone north before professor kidnapping

thanks man, already did that and somehow had the electronics to fix gloria. half way there on the chromium, I'm having so much trouble with the assholes in the mine, I have no idea how I'm going to deal with all the assholes that come to the fight. I guess my 80 beartrap stockpile is going to be put to good use.

2 borers, second one is for Oculus quest

What level is good to start the expansion content?

Attached: 1559719262161.png (608x414, 182K)

Energy or shock spear? Which one is better?

mines? where at, jack?
I need to score some more defenses, the attacks are brutal, especially due to the big blue bubba nigga guys immune to my poisons.

Around level 15

Shock Spear AoE Damage + Spear Sweep is retarded.

am invictus already, I think I can go with the other route, so no need to lug an extra 7 pounds to core city
depends. If you want more flat out damage, go with the energy. though it eats up battery like crazy, so once you're out of charge, you're going to be using a weapon with less base damage. but it would be nicer for spear throws.
the shock attack can hit multiple enemies at the cost of less battery. personally, I'd go with the energy spear. or just have two if possible. one energy for spear chucking purposes, shock for melee encounters with multiple enemies.

Southeast from the pirate bay among the giant spiders in the Lemurian ruins.

>among the giant spiders
fuck man
guess it's time to grab my nuts, man up, and rock on

They're not that hard to deal with, just bring fire and flares because the melee ones are sneaky.

Is this good for a spear build? I'm honestly not sure how to go about them since they're strength weapons all about utility.

Attached: spear tank.jpg (1914x959, 293K)

pssst
If you have like 5 agility, you can boost yourself up +2 with just some cave hopper armor and boots, and getting a junkyard surprise to get +2 agi to get 10 and be able to skip shit. Cave hopper stuff is also mad light so it doesnt even matter bre.

Of course, I'm going to change up the feat level selection so I'm not useless against high armored enemies until the late game

>a huge debuff to monetary gain
How does selling items for 50% change anything when you will inevitably end up with huge stacks of unsold gear since nobody buys anything?

Fixer heal costing more with anesthesia is for flavor only?

fucking score, I can just bypass them? I got 7 agi and the cavehopper shit already, thanks man

There's unique oddities on the way, tho.

Probably, aye, junkyard can do +2 agi, so total of +4 possible.
True but sometimes you just wanna do it later, not sooner, yknow?

I have reconsidered bypassing
I'll try fighting first, and just bypass if I decide they're too annoying to deal with.

Goddammit, I never get any advice in these threads.

Drop throw and stealth and become block god.

Attached: Screenshot (283).png (2541x937, 215K)

lol, have fun getting shot

Reminder to folks. Get yourselves kevlar cloth if you seriously dont give a shit about stealth, its some good ass shit.

>24 mechanical threshold multiplied by 260% against boolits
>Sledgefags oneshot me

I can tank guns for days but fucking sledgehammers just ruin everything. Melee in general just seems so much stronger than guns.

Kevlar is some meme 25% resistance to bullets, laminated panels are much more impactful. I guess you can make decent balaclavas or tabis with kevlar though.

>tfw traded for steel armor in junkyard
Should i use the wormhole to get into depot or use some other better way?

Attached: 1541099393165.jpg (500x750, 59K)

Does anyone know if there's lock/hack DC's higher than 135 now?

Is spear block even good much less effective?

Biggest i found in the dlc was hacking 120 /lockpicking 110. Also, there is a unique suit in dlc which gives +10 to both.

So the previous thresholds still apply. Thanks user

don't think so. with a 3 pound armor suit found in expedition, you can boost lockpicking/hacking by ten each, and traps by 20. with the jackknife, thats another 7. and with the best tool for both in the game, that's another 15.

Nothing about DC was changed, so everything still applies.

Don't you need mobility for spears? I know you've got spring but full metal armor will weigh you the fuck down even with armor sloping.

in an interview with styg, he said something about potentially increasing the difficulty of the DC for runs with expedition installed. he claimed new news regarding the game would be released in september, once they are back from their well deserved vacation.

And it will be nice if and when they do, but that still doesn't change the fact that right now DC is exactly the same as it was before the DLC.

The only gums you have to worry about when going shield are xbows & snipers. Everything else pings off.

>I'm level 15
>Done a lot of stuff in Core City, done Rail Crossing, done Camp Whatever the fuck it's called
>Tried my best to stick with my character to finish the game
>I just can't, the urge to reroll has been swelling up for so long, I just want different abilities to play with

Lads..I tried.

Attached: 12532563475456856.jpg (569x599, 31K)

Either go for a throwing or tank up
Trying to do both is a bit shit

Watcha going for?

I might try Machete 'cause I have no idea how to develop my spearwoman.

I hope you break free of your curse, user. how many builds have you tried so far? which one are you trying currently? which have you liked the most?

I have nearly 100 hours played and I've still never finished the game.

Should I drop spearguardian? I'm already going to be resisting a fuck load of things with heavy armor.

Know what this game needs? GORE. Lots of it. Blood, guts, dismemberment. For a supposed Fallout worship game, it's missing one of the best parts!

I wish heads would actually come off with decapitate. I haven't seen it happen once
I don't know if I'm not reaching the threshold, or what.

This is my problem with spear tank builds in general. Spear block feels completly redundant and if your not making use of spear block then you might aswell take a weapon with better offensive feats.
Even if you want spear throw to pick off the odd target can just spec any melee weapon and take spear throw anyway.
Honestly think the only worthwile use of spears is either backup weapon or full throwing.

I've got a few ideas in mind. Thinking of either a Psi build (though I dislike just taking all of the Psi schools, I like to have concentrated builds, so if I do make a Psi character I'll only take 1-2 schools) or a Shotgun character.
I'll never break free user, it's just how it's meant to be unfortunately.
My current character is a stealthy crossbow trapper. It's actually been really fucking fun. Crossbows have a lot of variety thanks to the different bolts all doing different things. I finally got to make use of traps with this build too and learn how great Quick Tinkering is. I also got to use Mercantile and Pick Pocket for the first time in a build. All in all it's been good.
As for how many builds I've had...fuck, like 15+ in all? All getting to like core city then stopping usually.
This crossbow guy has been one of my favorites but I remember really enjoying my mono Thought Control guy I played when the game first came out. Robots were a pain in the ass though since I had literally nothing to kill them with.
Steam says I have 341 hours played lel. Fucking hell I didn't even know I played that long either.
Imagine playing a game for 341 hours and not completing it.

Has anybody been a bad enough dude to play a pistol build from start to finish on hard mode?

>stealthy crossbow trapper
my current one. its a lot of fun, I agree. about to do the foundry finale. got 75 traps placed down, just going around trying to get dischargers to make more shock bolts with. wish me luck crossbro.
again, I wish you well, or I hope you manage to stick with your next build if not this one.

You can literally use anything as long as it's in the corridor and you do it in one turn.

Is the any reason wearing metal helmet?

>reload
>reload
>reload
>reload
>finally manage to win fight
>reload
>reload
>reload
>reload
>reload
>reload

I think I fucked up my build but I'm not going to do all this shit all over again. Fuck me this is miserable.

Attached: 1477687634983.png (1067x688, 561K)

shaded visor for flashbang immunes, I guess

One of the only ways to get a significant amount of Bio resistance, can also completely push critical hits off the table for some enemies.

S H A D E D V I S O R

Let's see the build lad

I'm going to join the Protectorate and there's nothing you can do to stop me. Fuck your freedom, this is the true evil playthrough.
youtube.com/watch?v=JrLyrEPzrpc&t

>see a bunch of enemies popping up Adrenaline
>put myself into stasis

Attached: 1550999624241.jpg (1024x1024, 60K)

It feels more like spears should be focused far more on utility than stupid shit like block. Sweep and throw are already playstyle changers. Those should be the kind of focus spears have. Riot shield block should be buffed and have all the feats associated with spear block.

Both protectorate and free drones are fags.

>plan to join the Protectorate because i think it fitting for my low int high str lad
>mix up the names and join Praetorians instead
Reckon I could still join them, but I don't like two timing.

Attached: 1495064819093.png (500x500, 112K)

That's pretty much perfect for a low int character honestly. That or joining the Free Drones.

Joining Protectrate is the smart man's choice in any case.
If you're good, you can still sabotage their work in southern underrail without a hitch. You steal from their warehouses, you kill their entire prison personnel and don't leave any witnesses to tell about this, you push SGS' interest everywhere. At the same time you know about their exact movements and weaknesses.

They're not mutually exclusive factions in any way.

Guys, should I pick pistol or smg as a secondary weapon for my sniper? Heard smg does more damage but eats bullets

Attached: Screenshot_20190703-161153.jpg (723x684, 155K)

Reminder lads. Cage the laser cats.

What kind of sniper anyway? Stealthfag or mobile?

He's got fist you dipshit.
Put some stats in unarmed and do some drugs, like you're beserk.

Pistols are shit and bullets are plentiful.

makes sense for your dumb char to mix up the names too

Pistol and crits.

is it just me or are shotty feats garbage?

Where can I buy good kevlar clothes?

How's this for a change?

Attached: spear tank 2.jpg (1915x955, 286K)

turns out one of the new enemies drops super steel, neat

barrel stare is really good but its a shame that leading shot doesnt work with it

Attached: underrail_9Qqcgdie9s.png (842x568, 447K)

based
I got one on me right now
it will remain with me through thick and thin

I like what a nothen personnel edgelord you can play in this game and there's an entire nothen personnel anime faction living in the giant alien ship to boot.

Are there any time/progress limited quests to note?

Not entierly sure heavyweight works with spears lad. Would check that.
Don't think you need expose weakness. Definantly not enough to be blowing spec points into it.
Even on a tank build i'd take temporal manip. The free aps are broken. Can understand not taking for stylistic purpose but bare in mind it's a massive step down in power.

There are quests that stop being available after some things happen, but that's not really time limit. Camp raids auto-resolve without you if you wait too long, but I think that's all.

Im stupid. How does Continuum Ripple work? If i have more then one Temporal Distortion on a target can it trigget multiple times? Also anyone knows whats the range on that thing?

seriously what the hell, those shotgun feats really look bland
yeah thats weird, there's no synergy there at all

make them

turn 1: Put one Distorion on the target
Turn 2: Put 3 more Distorions on the target because at a baseline you can stack them
Turn 3: Target gets nuked to fuck by 4 Ripples and then every Distortion tries to jump to a nearby enemy resulting in the highest damage-to-AP ability in the game except maybe Stealth Snipe shenanigans.
And it's also one of the cheapest abilities in terms of Psi points AND it has the same range as Cryokinesis.

I'm really getting mixed signals here lads

Would you prefer a hand cannon that takes assloads of AP to fire but has higher damage per round or would you rather have an SMG that you can fire 2-3x as often and/or burst with in exchange for having to manage that much more ammo
Its mostly a preference thing

pistols are one of the weaker builds in the game, stick to an SMG.

by that I mean mechanical pistols. chem pistols and energy pistols are pretty crazy.

sixth shell, barrel stare, and leading shot are all great. it is annoying that leading shot doesn't work at point blank but anything with high evade likely isn't tanky anyways so it's not a big deal. perfect scattering and pellet mayhem are the bad ones, fragmented chaos is weird because shotgun builds hardly justify 9per unless if you're doing some kind of sniper/shotgun build. kneecap shot is also great on shotguns, and can have stupid damage if you use it with sixth shell.

Wiki hasn't updated yet, what are the differences between shotgun models?

are there any good builds for energy/chem pistols around?

stay absolutely tushie torn

maybe. I heard you can fire a plasma pistol a load of times a turn somehow in expedition, I personally haven't tried a build like that, so I can't offer much input, I'd recommend asking the same question early next thread, because it's pretty dead right now. good luck, man.

Ah, heavyweight actually doens't work with spears. Goddammit.

I wanted to be a super armor piercer.

Lads, how the shit do I disguise myself as a soldier? Or did I need to not kill anyone for me to be able to do that and just have snuck around to snatch the outfit since theres a open locker? Kindly advise, I tried to do it on the second area as a officer and it fucked up.

thanks user, will do

i completely agree with you. the actual effect of fragmented chaos sounds great, but 9 fucking per requirement? for a shotgun feat? come the fuck on styg, the entire point was for a gun based near melee playstyle, i don't want to see per requirements that high for fuck sake.

perfect scattering honestly looks shit, but i just had a thought. what about that ability plus expertise while using 20p shotgun ammo? actually nope, just checked, expertise doesn't even work with shotguns. what a shitshow.

Is there any fucking way to do a dominating ironman run without relying on PSI or carrying 40 traps at all times with autistic meta knowledge?
The cave wizard meme doesn't appeal to me at all and i'm too much of a loser to feel good about completing the game on hard and below.

Attached: 1563768043631.jpg (493x585, 35K)

Go through the vents to the open locker dumbass.

Im entering blind guys what am i in for?

getting eaten by fucking rats and then eventually, success.

Fallout but not Fallout.

maybe if you weren't ironmanning. dominating is too fucking crazy, man. I'd definitely go all out with heavy armor on dominating.
like at least allow yourself some breathing room and make a save per settlement, sticking to a single one is fucking derailed on dominating

You gon get fucked and you gon like it.

>and i'm too much of a loser to feel good about completing the game on hard and below.
Why? Hard mode is actually challenging and fun without being stupid. Dominating isn't worth the effort honestly. It's the meme difficulty. Play hard, you will still struggle, I guarantee it. It's a solid difficulty level.

Somebody PLEASE tell me what Str requirement shotguns have.

Nice im in fellas see you in another thread with storys of getting fucked over and restarting

5 mostly that I've seen

just be less autistic

>Str requirement shotguns have.
five for a few of them, six for others. I heard bursts can take up to 7.

5 for regular shotguns, 6 for combat shotguns

5 for pump shotguns and 6 for auto shotguns

I did, I just accidentaly killed a dude and it seemed to trigger hostilities on sight.

you know what, i don't even like the fact that leading shot has a 5 dex requirement for shotguns. yes i know i know, 5 dex is barely anything but if you actually think about it, dex could have been a dump stat if not for that requirement.
what does dex actually offer to a shotgun build? fucking nothing besides the minor initiative boost and thats literally all.
seething t b h, i hope styg re-evalutes shotgun feats and makes some changes. the 9 per one should be changed to something else and make the 5 dex be 5 agi or something.

what base stats should I go for first or which is more important? I guess 10 per is mandatory at the start.Should I sacrifice some con or agi for 7 dex?

Thanks, i thought it was just me being a shit-for-brains nub and ironman dominating was something reasonable.

Nah, it's made by a casual shitter who never played above Normal. Cryogenic Induction is one of the most valuable psi feats and every psi point increase is important.

And Psychosis is now garbage because you only get its downsides on timefuckery.

played this not too long after release
outside of the expansion, any interesting additions or changes since then?

check the wiki for what difficulty does. dominating is absolutely fucking crazy, man
you definitely would need to be a psi-guy with your other specifications

How is spear block calculated?

I think I might go machete for the new melee now that I've realized how schizophrenic spears are.

>normal shotguns: rebel, vindicator, vagabond
rebel: plane jane, 5% crit chance, 100% crit damage, nothing to note and not worth using unless noticeably higher quality than everything else you find.
vindicator: has 1% lower crit chance, 20% higher crit damage, extra shell, xbox hueg damage range along with highest average damage, the one most worth using.
vagabond: lower spread angle (not important), 5% precision buff, lowest damage spread, use it with a short barrel since it gets the most out of having one.
>combat shotguns: sovereign, despot, tyrant
I don't use combat shotty's but it goes something like this
sovereign: standard model, like the rebel but lower damage spread and burst fire
despot: vindicator but one less shell instead of one more and burst fire
tyrant: extra round from burst fire, 15% lower crit damage, two extra shell capacity, seems designed specifically to burst and switch to another shotgun to proc sixth shell.

you can speed up time passing now, and a few other quality of life things.
I mean like walk speed, no relation to the psi school, but I think you can speed up time with that as well.

machete's are more schizo, lol
I primarily stick with a crossbow, because I have subpar crafting skills and can't make my own machete yet, but its totally a gamblers weapon
massive damage and bonuses if you actually manage to consistently hit your enemy, but you miss one swing or do no damage, and you're shit out of luck, jack.

>mfw spent nearly two full hours going through all the possible outcomes for rathound king
>mfw end up killing him so I can get his unique bow
>mfw its not even good
please tell me I'm not the only one

Attached: 1563463299228.png (272x171, 52K)

Thanks

Do you think Styg posts here?

Attached: 1474765394012.gif (500x281, 783K)

What language are the gray army speaking?

>what base stats should I go for first or which is more important?
9 PER, every level up goes into PER. 15 vs 16 really isn't that much of a big deal, it has dimishing returns.

Keep in mind you actually start with 5 CON, becomes 7 when you take Increased Costitution at level 30.

It's a fucked up version of Russian. They call each other Komvarisch, which seems to be a combination of Tovarische and Komrade.

>going xbows into melee
fuck is your build lad

No, but the dev artist lurks here

>normal
>hardcore
wow I didnt realize I was a super mega alpha gamer

It's not a real language but it feels very slavic.

I see, kind of got the same problem with skills but I think I'll pump um dodge to 30 to forget about it and leave throwing / traps at 0 for now, kinda running out of points to spend

Amalgamation of different slavic languages.

This is the most stylish armour type in the game.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1533203670909.png (50x100, 4K)

but how do I get back to teh black sea after selling the reef glider? I don't have a freighter

It's a weird mix of Slavic languages, just like Snakefags' language is a mix of Nordic ones.

I want Underrail 2 with this graphics.

Attached: Underrail.png (1483x1027, 1.37M)

Fucked up Serbian from what i understand.

for me it's that bosses just completely fucking ignore your dodge/evasion

Here's your fire deterrent bro.

Attached: aluminum-foil-500x500.jpg (500x500, 48K)

melee for close range encounters and creatures it would be viable against. crossbow primarily used for special bolt slinging and stun attacks with with shock 2s. I plan to use the edge katana thing once I beat expedition, along with phantom dancer.
lightly armored, pretty high dodge as well.
its pretty retarded, but I've been getting by, I did absolutely no preplanning at all besides wanting to be a machete/crossbow hybrid.

Dodge is just for escape artist, so fit it in before level 8 or whatever level you want to take it at. Max guns, stealth and persuasion (if you want it, gotta be maxed to be useful with 3 WIL) every level. As for the rest, spread the points around to open things you find and craft stuff with the components you see. Same for throwing and traps, a few points every few level.

either buy the cheapest junk jet with the mad dosh you just made, or rift back to the Expedition camp and take the free junk jet you got from them

Dude
mushroom brew
lmao

That's basically what I thought about doing, thanks for the quick help user, I guess I'll see how it goes

meant for

What makes you think that?

>fish in the flooded archives
>a proximal neuroscopic filter
>adrenaline shot
>thin grenade case
>canned fish x5
ayyy

I don't think that, I know that.

Go fuck the protectorate warehouse for their cruiser.

Proofs?

ITS HIM AAAHHHHH

quick tidy the thread

I'm not Mac

Attached: secret.png (330x130, 12K)

>temporal overload
did you mean Neural Overload?
Also whats your stat distribution? Did you go for 6 agility and sprint?

So is Psi worth taking on almost every build?

Here's one for my autistic bros in the thread.
Rank the Psi schools from best to worst.
Ultra autism tier - Rank all of the melee and ranged weapon types from best to worst

Are you a bad enough dude with enough experience in Underrail to do this?

Attached: 12532645859679.jpg (464x464, 53K)

Is shock spear with sweep as hilarious as it sounds?

Can I still save crafting on my character if I take more int during level ups? Do I get those previously lost points back?

>I guess you can make decent balaclavas or tabis with kevlar though.
yep
my machete guy wore kevlar balaclavas and tabis with a sturdy laminated psi riot gear during the first half of the game

This lemurian medical facility is spooky bros.

Y E S
E
S

This was unwise. Now you will never be able to convince me that he is not the animu shitposter.

Yeah but only when there's a lot of melee enemies.
Then you get dicked by gunners.

Don't think you get points back retroactively, no. How low is your int? You can probably manage regardless, it'll just be way less efficient depending on how deep into your build you already are.

>that'll be 90 coins+taxes for not investing in merchantile pls thks

these fuckers really are burrowers 2.0

Attached: hive.png (1919x1079, 2.49M)

did you not pay attention to the healing difference? it makes a huge difference when everyone else not only has more hp than you, but heal for more too. its artifical difficulty. hard for the sake of being hard isnt necessarily fun, its jsut hard. this is a game where if you set up traps, play tactically and not make a single mistake you SHOULD succedd. it shouldnt be a savescum reloader.

>why yes, I do feel completely protected from molotovs with my aluminium balaclava, how can you tell?

Attached: SplitShire_Aluminium_Mask1-1800x1200.jpg (1800x1200, 358K)

do you mean the guy who came in a while back and started asking about the best wifes in underrail and then started saying words in all caps in the middle of his post and ending them with I will! (I will!)
or some other guy?

The pic I posted is not a secret, man. The Underrail discord is completly public now.

But no, Mac seems to just lurk and collect Underrail memes.

what if i already have a receeding gumline?

Temporal Manipulation > Thought Control > Psychokinesis > Metathermics
Spears > Fists > Knives > Swords > a fucking rolling pin > Sledgehammers
Crossbows > Chem Pistols > Energy Pistols > Throwing Main > Sniper Rifles > Shotguns > SMGs > Normal Pistols > Assault Rifles

Rated in order of fun factor

pretty much only heavy sledge guys wear metal helmets

>have to wait through 2 minutes of "dink dink dink dink dink"

pistols + gunslinger

not reliably, no
you can absolutely do a dominating run with basically any build; don't listen to the retards and casuals
but ironman? you pretty much have to be a carefully built psi wizard

thought control > temporal manipulation > traps in general > methatermics (psychosis build) > chemical pistol > fists (pre-nerf, idk how they are in the latest patch) > throwing (nades) > energy pistols > sniper rifle > SMG > AR > methatermics (tranquility build) > knife > swords > throwing (knives) > firearm pistol

never played: sledgehammer, crossbow, spears, shotguns

Spearbros how high should dex be if I want to abuse the shit out of spear throw?

aimed shot should also work with shotguns, no reason you cant "aim" a shotgun a bit better as a skill.

>previously lost points

Am i reading you right? You know int doesn't give you skill points right? Just applies a modifier to int skills.

It's your main stat anyways

anybody else agree that the gray army base theme was amazing? cant wait until someone uploads that to youtube.

I think I hate it the most. I don't like the overcoats in general, but I especially hate that one.

I can't decide between riot armor + shield - overcoat or siphoner leather

You lose points that you didn't need to invest after modifiers.

>it's another episode where I get dealt 200 damage from an offscreen crossbow that mostly ignores my shield

Where the hell do I sell crossbows? Do the early shops just hate them?

handcannon. make explosive rounds for the 44. and you are dropping enemies in 1-3 hits. at level 12 i started getting 360-520 crits. its no joke, ireally feel like people downplay pistol builds, sure they arnt as OP as assualt or sniper builds can be but they are miles better than alot of builds out there if the feats are right.

looks like icewind dale 2

Attached: durr.jpg (400x250, 29K)

>Why yes, i know for a fact stealth is for neets and i like bathing my enemy in aluminized radiance instead, how could you tell?

Attached: 19zox7fcr4621.png (544x632, 190K)

>mfw death stalker

Attached: 1564369748729.jpg (1245x1207, 90K)

lucas, jack quicksilver, constantine, and ladelman are the only ones I can think of that buy them

Seriously is there any build that doesn't benefit from the temporal buffs?

No one really buys them consistently, can't have players being able to sell loot that is actually valuable and doesn't weigh much :^)

The hidden trader in Rail Crossing, Lucas in SGS, Jack Quicksilver and Ladelman in Expedition will SOMETIMES buy crossbows.

idk bro, with rapid fire and a smart 44 with explosive rounds i can do upwards of 1k damage with just those 3 shots and im lvl 13.

>cant wait until someone uploads that to youtube.
The absolute state of Yea Forumsermins

Just go to Underrail/Data/Audio/Music. They're ogg, bre.

>he fell for medium/high freq meme

Attached: breddygoodshield.png (456x662, 196K)

yes. the jkk guy in core city is your best bet for selling them if you do their questline. you have to pick between them and the other two though.

I hate the sound of aluminium foil rustling so damn much, I'd probably want to kill myself in full aluminized attire.

lol thanks, ill admit as a millennial i can be pretty dense with tech stuff its bad

sounds neat, maybe I'll give it a shot in a future build.

Looks ugly as fuck desu.

Did you combine 2 low frequency shields for that?

You want it to look like unity shovelware?

just be warned you really will feel underpowered until you get to atleast 10, for me it was 12 when i felt like the tables were turning. other builds start off alot better for sure.

>too dumb to read the item
I'd tell you, but since you can't read, what's the point?

I'm used to being underpowered early game, it won't matter much to me, thanks for the warning though.

Yep.

MC>TM>PK>MT
MC has Locus, Enrage, Fear, the absolute face of Psionics, gets the staves from expedition with sick ass bonuses, the basic spell penetrates all defenses except actual plot armor and its just so dang usefull. Both to disrupt, stealth, make a enemy useless, potential to burst, potential to black people, undenyable damage from bilocation, even meme sniper avoidance with shadow clone. Temporal is both cc, utility and massive delayed burst with aoe, so there is 0 reason not to get it too, even on a 3 will melee or shotgunner. Psykinetic monk and just psykinetic has the best abilities around but not quite as amazing and require more prep/a more controled situation, you wont always be able to proxy implode with the results you want, but youl get some serious shit done with it. Also a long range taser.

Memethermics is meh outside of early game, cryo baseball and exothermic aura for memes. I never liked it and always found more utility in other shit.

lol

so that DOES defend you decently against bullets? i might actually invest in one of those, crossbow and melee fags driving me insane

this guy razor is fuckin' cheating what the fuck

Would putting like 20-30 points into throwing be good for a psi build that focuses on temporal distortion with continuum ripple?

>so that DOES defend you decently against bullets?
Yes. All shields are better the higher impact speed is, low freq just gives more very low/low DT in exchange for some medium/high/very high.

fuck no
distortions damage is keyed off your temp psi skill

disregard, I can't read

Grenadier is a good fear on almost everyone and the utility of nades alongside the cd reduction/its better aim really help complement the times where you need the extra burst of damage. So yes, why the hell not bre.

It's probably close to impossible to play on hard or dominating without grenadier desu.

The invites I could google all seemed to be expired bre, got one for the bros?

>wanting to go to Discord
Ewww.

underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4108.0

Go date a rathound pipeworker, a chance to get more quality content and discussion with the zoners would be fun. If its shit, Ill just leave as usual, but considering our autism quota for liking this game, its probably a chill kind of place.

The dialogue in this game is surprisingly good, quite witty and fun.

since styg made it public, its mainly just testers spoonfeeding newbs who can't read

wow even the underrail thread managed to devolve into discord trannies trying to ensare people
great timeline

Well that was gay

Attached: 0f8NjpD.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

Never worry about ammo. Just stock up on it in shops and stash it away if you're not sure. For me, it's only useful when running a .50 BMG.

what makes them trannies? or is that a new type of insult like autist or whatever? a bit out of the loop havnt been here in ahwile.

Attached: 1536186260054.jpg (329x467, 25K)

Any mention of discord brings out shitposters

All the tranny dicks that get chopped off are grinded into a paste and injected directly into the heads of the average Yea Forums posters daily, that's why they can't stop thinking about trannies.

>massive projection

What would happen if the AcoNR was told to build another Cube? Could it do it?

Attached: 1460272746050.jpg (656x1024, 164K)

Dominating requires a build. It can even be okay difficulty-wise if you get an xbow or melee. Assault rifles used to be easy, but they got nerfed. RIP.

this still dosnt exactly answer my question though, how are they annoying? what do they say or do?

He's not wrong

What are some great items to keep an eye out for super early-game when you're just leaving SGS to head toward the outposts? How much exploration is viable right off the bat?

go back to discord, tranny

bros
where's them pipin' mines at? I want to minimize exposure to the web zoners

sketchy shit happends on some discord servers and therefore the platform is to blame. you know, like how we're all pedophile hackers doing it for the lulz since we're on Yea Forums. he'd have a point if he said that it rapidly accelerates any community into circlejerks between known individuals and really stupid drama starts happening.

i think you can do anything/go anywhere but you wont want to. its a harsh world if you stray too far from the station. id say collect as much as possible and store in your lockers. e3sp crafting componetnts, wait until lvl 10/12 when yoiu have aq strockpile to massvie organize/sell/craft. its what i do. takes like an hour at that point but feels rewarding.

You first

They come preprogrammed and build some superstructure based on their programming, you can't order it to build anything.

Dude, thing bigger. The Acorn will build whatever infrastructure necessary to fullfil its task five the resources it has. Open it next to a Cube and it will come up with a way to harness its power.

It's a tutorial. You can go farm psi-beetles for armor if you're going for PSI, I guess. Other than that, you'll get your ass handed to you.

>you will inevitably end up with huge stacks of unsold gear since nobody buys anything?
How hard is to check merchants for what they are currently buying? I bet you don't even fix the items you're trying to sell for exponentially more money too.

Just end me. Depot A incoming.

Attached: 20190730185250_1.jpg (2560x1080, 287K)

bro tell me what would the best shield be for tranq psion? I was sticking with one good medium shiled that i found but i want to make one myself. for tranq would be the best if it blocked most small damages and maybe let the nukes through to stay at max hp(you can just cc the high damage tard).

see if lucas or jonas are selling any tabis or good belts

you can go to mushroom cove for the hopper oddity/couple of free meds
or go to the underpassages to fight the stalkers, though the 2nd map is probably too tough
or go north from SGS train platform and loot a couple maps (lots of rathounds; I wouldnt do it on oddity)
or south from SGS train platform (avoid the ironheads and dont go into the caves)

>he'd have a point if he said that it rapidly accelerates any community into circlejerks between known individuals and really stupid drama starts happening.
Sounds awfully long and on-point, better just call them trannies.

there are literal, actual cults of trannies on discord that try to lure people from the chan that have already been investigated by feds for child grooming

>Start up Underrail after forever
>Completely forgot where I left off
>Finished helping the protectorate or something
>No idea what the fuck to do
Should I just start over

I want to have easy times in this game. Best build? Melee? Which weapons/skills do i focus

additionally i dont get why people dont store their selling items in a barrel/dumster near the most popular vendors? like the junkyard gun store dumpster is brimmed with rifles cause i go back every so often to sell. i do this for almost every major vendor. its how i got 10k charons/4k credits by lvl 12

Absolutely.

J1 or J2, inside.

true and based

if you have crafting skills you can go to junkyard and craft some riot armor to pretty much negate the whole early game except psi beetles

TM=TC>PK>MT

That being said, I'm doing a psychosis MT + PK build, leaving TM at 60 and TC at 75 because it's fun. Stacking temporals and waiting 6 turns is gay compared to clicking my free crit and ending the battle there and then

>Molotovs
Dishonourable

>like the junkyard gun store dumpster
my nigga, that's where I store my shit too lmao

Make a general thread on /vg/ instead, please.

Yea Forums is exclusively for smash threads, "games like this" threads, and console wars.
Thank you for your consideration in not making this board a better place.

For tranq psion I would actually go for medium or high. Small fractions of damage from guns can slip through even a good double low freq shield. This is fine for every build except tranq, since it is vital to stay at full HP. You can't really expect a double low freq to stop all damage from melee and crossbows anyways, just reduce it greatly.

>(lots of rathounds; I wouldnt do it on oddity)
*on dominating

I did at first but now that I break down stuff I only carry a few items that cost the most fully repaired, and those I can sell and buy up all the ammo to resell to someone else.

I rarely have items waiting to be sold anymore and have about 15k c at level 13

No keep going, you will get the hang of it again.

you forgot Twitter literal who threads and e-celebs.

>How hard is to check merchants for what they are currently buying?
Missed the point, you can sell all the loot they are buying and then still end up with shitloads left. I just dump it all in piles near the traders and sell when they refresh, still never ends though.

Is it safe to assume that the Acorn is another xeno-artifact? It's mentioned that none of the supercorps would have been able to manufacture it, only the housing.
Why the god-men wouldn't be more interested in it than the cube is beyond me.

you have to if you want to start expedition, so yes

ok thx

Whats up with molotovs?

dude just restart, new expansion new game

user, you forget one thing about them. They cant handle big T's influence, how will they have handled that fucking Monolith bre?

thanks man, onwards it is. hope I can find an agility check to bypass combat, I fucking hate spiders.

weaker than napalm and magnesium grenades thats what!

What should I have my crafting skills at point-wise early game anyway?

Mechanics, chemistry, tailoring.

I suspect it's either Godmen stuff or Godmen-inspired stuff. As to why Godmen don't care - I dunno. I guess it might be because acorns are pre-programmed to do a specific thing, while the Cube could be used for whatever. Also Tanner is, in fact, interested in it.

>have literally 100s of advanced repair kits and tailroing kits
send help

Yeah start a DOMINATING shotgun 3 constitution psi hybrid glass cannon build bro it's good times.

The supercorp NFT was manufacturing it, it just wasn't their technology (They didn't invent it).

not joking i once dropped 90% of them because my autism kicked in and i couldnt handle it, and the vendors wouldnt buy them in bulk at all.

>you have to if you want to start expedition
What? I installed it over my base game and it was integrated into my old saves just fine.

issues might happen, its really better to start anew. but your game your choice friend. just dont want you to get halfway in and some BS happens. ive had to rstart a few times and it sucked ass man.

>jetski parts are worth a shitton
>cant reliably make money off them anyways

Never seen this in my life but it looks interesting, can any user explain to me what it is and where to get it?

They trivialize a lot of fights namely melee biological enemies since it has a very high chance to fear them or fuck up their pathing giving you a huge advantagte.
If you're playing hard or DOMINATING however then it's not a big deal according to the autismo gestalt.
Uhm, you forgot thinly veiled softcore hentai sweatie

Right, I've got a build in the works, might post it in a bit but I have some questions first.

Please tell me that electronics isn't needed for crafting shotguns.
Also, how much throwing do I need to have a good reliable chance to hit grenades? What's the usual cut off point for it?
Finally, I'm thinking of MAYBE trying to add Temporal Manipulation to my build despite having only 3 Will, will that be a good idea or is the minus 25% max health not worth it?

it's an RPG game for PC, get it from GOG or steam, make sure to get the version that comes with the expansion we're talking about it because the expansion just came out

I'd say it's more like
>Mechanics>tailoring>chemistry

>issues might happen
What issues?

Knife or spear for dom?

Deathstalkers are turbo fuckin' aids.

>mfw clearing this place out of every deathstalker and crawler.
>mfw going to the next floor to find a black crawler I wasn't even close to being able to kill.
>mfw coming back later and finding out the stalkers in this place respawn.
>mfw killing the black crawler and finding absolutely nothing of fucking value whatsoever.
>mfw finding out black crawlers show up frequently in Dominating difficulty.

Every time I came back to this area, I got marginally more butthurt.

Attached: 1560694562556.jpg (990x682, 49K)

quest issues, broke a few of my quests in the past when updates came out. it might be the same here. i rly dont know 100%, its just a risk always when a new update comes out.

Psi

One thing I will tell you is trade them to Ray for whatever he sells that you want. He has some decent stuff like batteries you can get from him.

30 throwing for decent results

>finding absolutely nothing of fucking value whatsoever
That is the worst part about the faggot scorpions, they're usually just guarding a skeleton with a flare and 3 lockpicks.

thx user, and what does it play like? It looks roguelikeish but outside of that idk.

it plays like fallout and fallout 2

Did psi already wanna try melee now.

two dogs try to enter the doorway and end up blocking each other, not sure how this is possible in turn based game

If you want to go melee on the most difficult setting, then spear would be your best bet. Spear throw alone can one shot a lot of things and can solve a lot of problems in dominating. So not only is it fun to use, it pretty much is the best melee weapon. But if I were you I would use both knife/spear, but only get cutthroat for stealthy kills

I had those in mind too, never played them though. What kind of stuff should I like to enjoy this?

>no guard
>no metathermics for ice shield
>block god

I'm pretty sure you can pull off a heavy armor shotgunner with sprint and meme on things but it needs more tweaking. I'll post it in a bit

all the pirates use the rare 800 energy ones already, so those are free

Contaminated rounds blueprint

so many fucking spiders at the waterfront storage facility place
I just want the mines, man
is there a agility combat bypass point? there's like 5 creepers here and 4 weavers. I can kill like 7 of them but the remainder start overwhelming me. wish beartraps worked on them.
please bros
help a brother out, these guys are fucked.

>almost level 14
>I have visited Hathor, Crossing, and CC but have done no quests for them
>on oddity
have I explored too much?

>mfw finding out black crawlers show up frequently in Dominating difficulty.

Attached: yetiface.jpg (406x304, 18K)

napalm grenades

Newfag here, do you need to focus on one type of offense to get by? I was thinking of going guns and psi (probably thought control). Am I gonna get derailed on for not specializing in one?

computer rpgs

Bio resist bro

pesticide grenades

>some NPC have cool red hair that look really good with their stealth tactical coats
>you can't look the same

He sells batteries and repair kits that are always in demand for every player. Take on of those batteries and trade him for a shit ton of supplies is what I'm saying. You can also get some suspensions off him, and I think those are harder to find.

melee psi

I've played a bunch of shit in my life can u be more specific please?

just make sure you're not putting points in too many skills

not really I'm busy playing underrail

I was gonna go for heavy armor too on the movement speed shotgun build I'm doing too, but I think I'm going to go for light/medium armor instead now. I've nearly got the perfect build IMO, I'm just finessing the formula a bit.
I'll post mine soon too.

Attached: 125364745856967769.jpg (601x601, 23K)

Everything about this game is wonderful except for the merchants. I would rather things be worth 1/10th what they are now and you can sell things more broadly. Walking around to 10 billion merchants is gay

if I just kill all the pirates, will they kill the professor?

Specialize in 2 and possibly traps. Most people will do Throwing + Traps + Melee or Guns or Crossbows or PSI.

bummer man
20 chem
guess I'll try again and put these gas shits to good use.
should I go back to underrail and crank through the protectorate questline real quick? I already have the mutagen, mareth has unique dialogue if you do.
I fucking wish, I crushed some fucking asshole on my wall last night with my chew can.

you want some coins you gotta work for em, pipeworker

nah I killed them all and still saved him

It's not a very complicated build. you just make sure to grab armor sloping and nimble at some point and go for supersteel armor, the rest kind of falls into place.

plz user

fuck off discord tranny

I'm going to do a second playthrough on oddity. I want to utilize as much of the new stuff offered in the expansion as possible but still have a viable build. Definitely want to pick up swords cause I've heard spear + riot shield is shit. Should I use a sniper/xbow to cover my range options? Did my first playthrough as a psionic monk so don't want to do anything too similar.

Is stealth any good for melee characters?

huh is this pol now? cmon just tell me some shit that has in common with this game

oh good

buncha larping fags

you can do it in the hallway where no one else is so long as you do it in one turn
I fucking blasted him with a shotgun and no one gave a shit since no one actually saw

How else do you plan on getting on top of the enemies?

Uh, its fucking amazing for melee characters. Knife builds benefit hugely from it because of this feat.

Attached: CutThroat.png (409x519, 17K)

I to am playing underrail, but I will try to help where I can
if you like exploration based crpgs, turn based combat, with a unique XP system, you'll probably like this. it has a very entertaining combat system, but it will be difficult at first, but by late game you can dominate the system
fair warning: gun start is notoriously pretty difficult, don't let it filter you.

Yo at what part of the game should I start expedition? Does it fuck up missions I haven't finished yet if I go? It doesn't sound like I'll be back for a while, do I take as much stuff as I can from my stash back at SGS?

That's the plan. Assuming I can figure out how many is too many.

I firmly believe that traps are gay, but throwing does sound useful. Thanks, user.

sorry never invested much into it so I thought it would be too hard getting that close to an enemy with it but that does sound great.

Level 15+, you can go there and come back after you finished 1 quest there or you have The Juice (2nd floor lighthouse for the rift) and from there you can go back and forth all you want. Take some suplies, sure, never hurts.

my thoughts exactly

thanks bb

Throwing isn't worth investing in. You can put in a couple of points to hit a softcap and improve your accuracy, but it's legitimately garbage beyond that.

Traps are okay, but getting the skill that allows you to place them during combat is significantly more valuable.

>tfw 2TKing Tchort.
pooed on kiddo

Do bosses really have 4 times their normal health on dominating? Sounds like cheesing is the only way to get past them

yes welcome to meme difficulties

Dominating is only for big dick alpha chads and number-crunching galaxy brain asians.

Which is precisely why i've only finished on Hard.

Anyone?

>Do bosses really have 4 times their normal health on dominating?
Some.

>Sounds like cheesing is the only way to get past them
Nah.

Attached: CarniSniperDOMI.webm (962x542, 2.88M)

How many tries to win the ini roll against him?