What the fuck is the appeal of multiplayer-only games? I just don't get it

What the fuck is the appeal of multiplayer-only games? I just don't get it.

>Spawn into a map that took just a few hours to make
>No idea where anything is or time to explore the map
>Die every 20 seconds
>"The future of gaming"
Why? What the fuck is the appeal of this?

Attached: 1564374074952.jpg (700x557, 41K)

Multiplayer modes in singleplayer games have always been better than multiplayer only shit.

Trannies play them to find """""online""""" friends and like minded faggots for ERP.

>Spawn into a map that took just a few hours to make
>No idea where anything is or time to explore the map
>Die every 20 seconds
>"The future of gaming"
what genre are you even talking about?

Developers like it because they can cut time and costs by not programming AI or adding any content outside of some maps and basic gameplay

People without HRT brain rot are actually still capable of learning and are able to more fully explore the map because eventually they git gud and stop dying
Kill yourself tranny scum

Attached: 1562172176067.png (705x767, 564K)

I only buy single player games.
Other people rationalize buying multiplayer games only because you can pirate single player games, but I rationalize it in that all multiplayer games eventually die in which case you're left with a dead game.

Most games I see these days are exactly that. Everyone's talking about some new game and then I find out it's multiplayer-only. Every single time.

But why? What's the fun in that?

take 15 minutes to learn the map so you know where to look out for enemies

>gitting gud at vidya
>tranny scum necking itself
both are good

You have a good point but I pirate my single player games so multiplayer is the only thing I have to buy, but I'm always disappointed.

>playing single player games like a friendless loser
if you have even one friend then you should be playing mp with them

>be a retard with subhuman IQ, hand eye coordination and reflexes

This. This is the actual reason.

contradictory statement
If the map only took a few hours, how come you need all that time to explore it?

I have HRT brain rot

/thread. It's all about producing the cheapest product possible while making the most bank.

>programming braindead AI
>hard
getting functional netcode is much harder

>imagine being such a casual that you don't even know the term 'battle royale'
Get the fuck off the video game board retard

Attached: 2jwt9u.jpg (645x729, 28K)

>wojack posting zoomer
kill yourself

You're posting in a wojak thread dumbass. Check the OP

Yes and he should too.

Who said anything about difficulty? it's all about cost and time and a functional netcode is both cheaper and more cost effective than decent AI, especially if your title is a MP only title as that netcode will continue to pump money from brainlets who use real world money for loot crates and similar shit, an AI won't.

le epic wojaks! keep up the good work 9gag army!

Attached: 1543348678020.jpg (334x506, 42K)

>every multilayer game is fortnite
I know you mostly made this thread to show off your new wojak but still, have some decency.

I'm talking about deathmatch, first of all, not necessarily battle royale.
No story, no interesting singleplayer-only gameplay mechanics, no imagination or creativity. Just "see other player shoot other player get shot repeat" for hours on end.

Video games are about scratching the twin male urges to be productive and to be competitive. If you want to experience imagination and creativity try reading a book, watching a film or going to a fucking art gallery pleb.

Realize that it's been 10 years now since 9gag started. Like a decent chunk of your entire life, all that you will ever experience in this world, has been spent here.

Oh is that what they're about? I'll tell ID software to take a hike.

If you can't comprehend the appeal of competitive shooter games then your opinion on video games is irrelevant. You occupy a niche of the genre and should stop projecting your view of what video games should be onto the whole medium.

What the fuck is the appeal of wojak-posting

>Spawn into a thread that took just a few hours to make
>No idea where any of my (You)s are or time to explore other posts
>404 every 20 seconds
>"The future of memes"

Halo 1 had decent competitive shooting. But these days it's shit.

Attached: 1542535029950.png (1106x965, 714K)

What the fuck is the appeal of wojak-posting

>Spawn into a thread that took just a few hours to make
>No idea where any of my (You)s are or time to explore other posts
>404 every 20 seconds
>"The future of memes"

Attached: Waaaaa.jpg (785x731, 101K)

>die every 20 seconds
pathetic

Attached: pyra.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

I spent my teenage years playing CoD4 through to Black Ops and you know what, those games are shit. But back then they provided a dopamine rush and all the kids were talking about CoD at school. I loved that time in my life and look back on it with great fondness. It's a community thing, both irl and online. The reality is that you are an old man that forgot what it's like to be a teenage boy.

like what

>SEETHING BOOMER

YIKES

(((multiplayer))) is a concept cooked up by publishers who want games with planned obsolescence. If people don't play a multiplayer game, you can't play it, so better buy the hot new multiplayer game, or rather whale thousands on microtransactions. Singleplayer games can be played anytime.

but mp games have longer lifespans, at least the ones that catch on

It's not about planned obsolescence anymore. That was true back in the CoD days but now it's all about 'games as a service'. If publishers had it their way people will still be playing fortnight in 20 years time and Epic won't have to spend time (and the risk of) developing a new game ever again.

no. if this was true, yearly franchises would never have been a thing. why is Yea Forums so dumb?

So just the three battle royale games that are popular, right?

>Die every 20 seconds
Try not being bad, then you won't have to run away back to single player where you probably play on easy anyway.

>why is Yea Forums so dumb?
Ironic, considering you couldn't comprehend a simple three sentence post.

>they stopped making FIFA
wow I didn't receive these news

Name one popular yearly franchise (no sports games targetted at boomers and third worlders).
It's almost like things change with time...
Games as a service evolved with technology. Game devs still have to make new games to make sure they are keeping up with new trends but they are not looking to make a yearly franchise. They want a game with a 5 year lifespan.

This is literally all wrong.

atelier

>posting a facebook meme

Wow it's weeb shit that no one has heard of. Care to name anything relevant?

Lol somebody got bodied in fortnite

You probably play FIFA yourself, third worlder.

IMAGINE playing nu-competitive games and complaining they're difficult.
FUCKING IMAGINE being this shit at games.

I don't play multiplayer games a anymore, they just piss me off more than anything