Desu Ex

>Human Revolution is good and a worthy successor to the Deus Ex ser-
Why does Yea Forums keep lying to me?

Attached: 17327128128.jpg (2000x2000, 895K)

It's zoomers, they hate old games and HR had a new game sheen to it that they loved

And a few retarded boomers who couldn't fucking let go of their hate for Invisible War and then admonished a piece of crap like Homo Revolution

Attached: redpills in deus ex.jpg (1672x913, 147K)

Also this sort of thing happened with Max Payne

Max Payne 2 is much better than Invisible War, but people slather love onto Max Payne 1 and 3, but never 2, despite 2 being arguably better than 1 and especially is better than 3.

It's this weird need to pretend "you always loved da franchise" but clearly you don't because you didn't play the sequel (or probably even the first game) and are only interested in the shitty reboot (Human Revolution and Max Payne 3)

Fuck off, I don't like this game, go back to redit

HR is actually a half decent game, though. At least until you get to the second half and the story completely falls apart.

IW is a mess of a game with a dull story that doesn't go anywhere.

>M-m-muh story (really i'm just a faggot for jensen i didn't ask for dis xD)

Homo Revolutions cringe revenge story was just that: Cringe, and didn't really go along with Deus Ex and how it told its story. IW told the story exactly like DE, but it was just a generally less interesting story, but trying to top DE was a fools errand as HR and MD also proved

You could at least remove the boss argument. That was completely true in the original but the directors cut did fix the boss fights being locked into just straight up gun fights.

>Had to buy a separate game to get a fix and actually justifies it

Yikes

Reminder Deus Ex GOTY multiplayer was a free patch

You can only do the whole political intrigue and betrayal angle once before people get wise to it.

HR's story was serviceable (at the start), and the gameplay loop was fun. The same can't be said for IW.

>The same can't be said for IW.

Except it can and I did

Cry more about not getting your Jensen trilogy, bitch.

The image is missing a line about how HR's writing is shit and IW's writing is dumbed down but far better in comparison. That's basically everything about the two across the board, one is dumbed down the other is something else (shit) entirely.

I agree that nu deus ex is overrated but invisible war has a fucking garbage vomit inducing aesthetic and dumb story concept (lol all 3 endings of the previous game happened lmao) so I will never play it.

Deus Ex should have died. It had potential but the devs fucked it up with the sequels/prequels.

>You could at least remove the boss argument. That was completely true in the original but the directors cut did fix the boss fights being locked into just straight up gun fights.
They still take away control from the player to lock you into an arena like some arcade game.

Compare to the original DX, where your control is never taken away and you can even set mines in advance.

I couldn't give a fuck about anything after HR, I was honestly considering dropping the game towards the final chapter because it was such a mess.

I get that we have to be contrarian here and pretend old objectively shitty sequels are somehow better than new games, and to be fair they often are, but IW is a fucking trashheap of a game and HR is a passable shooter if you consider the year it came out.

Attached: 1540177179788.jpg (2571x1541, 945K)

Except there are things to like about IW: Like how nobody has made a game like it in years

It's Deus Ex lite, but whose making Deus Ex lite these days? Certainly not those Homo Revolution games made by dumb fuck Canadians that didn't want to offend anybody with intrigue and conspiracies

>consoles killed deus ex
somehow not surprising.

Max Payne 2 sucked.

This is a terrible mindset to take. I can play janky shit that came out in 99 and have 20 times more fun than would ever be possible with a modern, dumbed-down shooter, but that doesn't somehow make the old game good. It just means new games are bad.

If HR had come out instead of IW back in the day, and IW came out when HR did instead, then maybe this opinion would be reversed. Is HR Deus Ex? Hardly, but then neither is IW. Is it a passable modern shooter in a sea of mediocrity though? Yes. If it'd come out back when IW did, people would've laughed at how shit it was, but it didn't come out back then. The time period a game releases in has to be taken into account when you're scoring it.

Why did they design their game engine for the Xbox to have dynamic lighting? That's just asking for shoebox levels, it's not like Xbox couldn't do big levels as demonstrated by Halo.

t. somebody who has never played it

Max Payne 1 is nowhere near as smooth (but that's okay because it's the first game), while Max Payne 3 is slow trash that plays like you're walking/diving through molasses

Attached: max payne 2.webm (640x480, 2.96M)

well he said right there he didn't know how to make the most out of the xbox's limitations.

Because there's nothing you can make out of them. Some of the best levels in the original game are extremely open plan, very simple in terms of geometry, but it adds a huge amount to the experience. Modern games are just corridors and invisible wall funnels to the next area.

Is it a passable modern shooter in a sea of mediocrity though? Yes.

>incredibly slow movement speed
>clunky iron sights aiming
>regenerating health and regenerating bio-energy
>sticky cover system
>tedious 3rd person transitions for every little interaction
>no melee combat system
>no swimming
>simplistic pac-man stealth where you hide behind boxes and you don't even have to take any risks because a magical radar shows you were all the enemies are
>you can't even carry bodies like a normal person, you can only slowly drag them like some limp-wristed hipster
>augmentations and takedowns play a cutscene which is about as conducive to the flow of gameplay as having a cat jump on the keyboard

Human Revolution IS mediocrity incarnate. It's not even a real Deus Ex game: story-wise it apes Ghost in the Shell while gameplay-wise it apes Metal Gear Solid and Gears of War.

Attached: 1238812812.jpg (117x180, 11K)

IW isn't a real DX game, it's a consolised mess.

FPS MGS with hints of immersive sim exploration is fundamentally an enjoyable experience. It might not be DX, but it's about the best you could possibly get in the modern industry.

deux ex wasnt that good, its just a meme game

>Some of the best levels in the original game are extremely open plan, very simple in terms of geometry
They could have done that on Xbox, but they went for dynamic lighting instead.

max payne 3 isn't that bad, all three of them have their little quirks. i think 3 is flawed but it's my personal favorite since i've burned probably the most hours into it, and i did play max payne 1 and 2 a lot.
though whenever i think of max payne i usually think of timothy gibbs face in 2

That's the most acceptable opinion on MP3 I've heard, but I just can't stand Houser's edgy writing and proto-GTAVness feel of it

Is it worth to give Mankind Divided another go? Stopped playing because Prague was such a boring hub. Does it get better?

I prefer 1 to 2 because Max's story was perfectly over in 1. 2 was one of those forced sequels that happened only because the first was such a hit, haven't played 3 yet because it's an even worse offender. Not saying that 2 didn't have its gameplay improvements, but I think it would've been better served as part of another guy's story.

Also Sam Lake is the only Payne for me.

Attached: 1539015456310.png (300x300, 74K)

It's not really so much an issue with the Xbox's raw power. The console basically had a GeForce 3.5 which wasn't too out of date in 2003.

The issue was that it only had 64 MB of RAM, and that's why they had to slice the levels up.

I get what you mean, you can play Deus Ex and or Max Payne and experience a full story, but MP2 does a lot of things right, like making the interactions with Mona in MP1 actually pay off. (Which, btw, Max Payne 1 had a sequel hint with Mona, so it's not the full story and 2 shows what happened to her)

>Yikes
Post discarded go back to facebook.

Cry more bitch

Human Revolution is what you get when you design a game for all the people who complained about Liberty Island in the original. You will see everything HR's gameplay has to offer in the first hour but at least the pistol shoots straight right away!

I never understood the complaints about Liberty Island - I fucking love it

Large, open ended, doesn't hold your hand but is no doubt the easiest Deus Ex will be

Why don't people like it?

They get triggered super hard by the weak starting pistol and the lack of direction given.

I'm one of those people, and you might call me a zoomer faggot for this. I think it's because it dumped you into a large area with a freely reacheable goal. That just didn't hook me, I found the intro video real interesting but going around LI bored me. I forgot his name, but only after having that discussion with "number one: that's terror" guy and getting to UNATCO HQ and beyond it started to be more appealing to run around places and figure out what the fuck is up.

>tiny levels
>long-ass loading times
>garbage inventory
>universal ammo
>shooting even worse than original
>circumsized augments system half of which just replaces skill tree, exclusivity sometimes leaves you with garbage choices for useless slots instead of enhancing your playstyle
Nah, Invisible War is shit.

Attached: 1563724811055.png (788x872, 964K)

Protagonist of IW is irrelevant to the story, has no stakes and people just tell him what to do until he arrives to Liberty Island and decides the fate of the world.

>Jensen's story will never be resolved because MD didn't sell 5 million copies

Meanwhile in the original Deus Ex
>many upgrades are literally useless
>you only need to max out one weapon proficiency to become a God
>stealth is basic as fuck
>horrible hammy "so bad it's good" voice acting
>borderline satirical plot
>your "choices" and playstyle have no influence beyond some lines of dialog changing in the first mission (which HR also did)
>ending is decided by which button you press, except the buttons are down different corridors and not next to each other so it's different I guess

Still better than HR

Sounds based to me

>2019
>People still complain about Human Revolution
Deus Ex Human Revolution managed to deconstruct and redefine what it meant to convey the concupiscent, animalistic struggle; showing us that the idiosyncratic is both ebullient and inevitable. All the while substantiating the superiority of game qua game. This shot symbolized the duality of man, the Unique, and is gorgeous.

Attached: be7.jpg (1920x1200, 317K)

are you okay? you're typing as if you just got a stroke.

>shooting even worse than original
Are you implying the original DX had bad shooting? Because it had the best shooting system out of all these games. Once you max out your weapon skills, it's literally Unreal shooting with different weapons (it's the same engine), and far more fluid and responsive than the Eidos games. But before you get to that point, your skill point investment actually matters and adjusts things like reloading speed and how long it takes for the crosshairs to become accurate. It's a perfect mix between character-based and player-based skill.

>circumsized augments system half of which just replaces skill tree
still better than human revolution which removed the skill system AND most of the augmentations of the previous game and replaced them with a bunch of useless shit like 'sprint for 6 sconds instead of 4 seconds' or 'track 25 enemies instead of 10 enemies'.

Attached: 1556652008171.jpg (220x336, 72K)

>Why don't people like it?
Most people who dislike it are zoomers used to modern games with hour-long tutorials that spoonfeed them basic game mechanics. They're also somehow too retarded to miss that DX did have a tutorial level that walked you through everything that you could start separately from the main menu.