Untitled

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/

Attached: switch sales 2019 06.png (704x3040, 649K)

Other urls found in this thread:

outline.com/W5vP5B
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for reference

Attached: sales compar switch.png (2684x2207, 2.24M)

Why are Switch sales slowing down? It was on pace to break 40m by this time last year.

Doing great. Mario Kart is a monster.

>it outsold the WiiU units entirely

If you look at
during this period it always sells only 2 million units.
Switch makes big numbers only during the second half of the year because, like in 2018, they stacked every fucking game during the last 5 months or so instead of spreading them and I hate them for this

What the hell are people using their switches for? As a paperweight?

>Consolewarring
don't you have anything better to do?

That's a poor number though, the PS4 sold 3.5 in the same period so it's not impossible

that's what I said? Even though PS4 still sold more with even less games so yeah, looking at it that way makes 2 mil even more pathetic.
Let's be honest here, PS4 is reaching 100mil with 2 games, which is truly remarkable, no other console ever achieved this, even the fuckign Wii had more games and still stopped at 100mil.

Attached: supreme.jpg (232x293, 11K)

>the PS4 sold 3.5 in the same period so it's not impossible
PS4 kept having prices cuts during new games for sales boost at cost of hardware cause the broken way they mange online they balance out cost

A new ps4 is roughly the same as a switch though

The real question is how many lost sales are there because of piracy.

Compare attachment rates.

>LGPE is going to have 11M sales in a month or two
What went right?

outline.com/W5vP5B
Probably 5%, 7% at most

I'm legitimately surprised that mk sells so well. I was never one for kart riders, and I guess I just never knew anyone else who was either, but damn those are some insane numbers. Was it a packin or something?

Up year-on-year, the software increase is particularly good.

Breath of the Wild is fucking insane in how steadily it keeps selling, I never would've thought we'd see a Zelda with the same level of success as 3D Mario and Pokémon.

>PLGE/P
>10 millions
The funny thing is how people would say that's a lot and how often those are being sold from people who bought those.

Most likely because that shitty 2nd year.

I'm fucking surprised how MK8 just fucking exploded like that even though its a port and has been out for over 2 years on the Switch already. What the fuck happened?

>Outsold by ~30% by PS4 this last quarter
>despite no major PS4 releases
>despite Sony straight up skipping E3
>despite being a very dull year on PS4 all the qay up to Q3, one of the slowest in the entire generation

yeouch!

That's not how it works.
PS4 components are pricier, so people know the full price is 400 and know that now the price dropped, so it is a good time to buy.
Switch is less pricier than full price ps4, and price still has not dropped, so people know that if they wait it will drop and they will make a good deal.
I mean, I only have a switch because I found a super good deal from a guy who wanted to sell it for less than half the price back in 2017. If I had to pay full price I would still be waiting.

>I never would've thought we'd see a Zelda with the same level of success as 3D Mario and Pokémon.
Same. Now I want to see Metroid reaching those numbers.

Attached: 1498063528576.png (801x601, 879K)

Definitive version of a game for a console people actually own. I'm sure battle mode helped some too

Never underestimate Mario Kart dude

PS4 is the least price-cut PS to date though, all others would be well over sub-$200 by now.

No meaning, if you notice in the six month span of November 2018 to March 2019 the sales take a huge jump. Especially during January to March of 2019. Was there a sale or something? Or was it people who received a Switch during the Holiday season purchasing MK8 because its always on the top of the best selling list on the eshop?

Switch has sold 36 million, with 210 million games sold
PS4 has sold 97 million units as of yesterday with almost 260 million games sold.

Why are Switch owners buying more than twice as many games om average as PS4 owners?
>No meaning
Dude it's Mario Kart on the Switch, of course that has meaning. Sales shooting up during the holidays is to be expected, and yeah I'm pretty sure it was 33% off during a sale a few months back. It's not always on top of the charts through, in fact I just checked and it's dead last at 30

PS4 is fifa machine for normies. Most people buy it for that, and that's it.
Persona 5, SotC, Yakuza and so on, or even bloodborne, are bought by a minority of that install base that actually cares about games.
On Switch you have more gaming enthusiasts that buy console for actual gaming, and that's why you have more attach rate.

>PS4 has sold 97 million units as of yesterday
Actually surpassed 100m by June

I'm highly doubtful of your PS4 game sales numbers, as it was reported it had the highest attach rate of all time (or at least one of the highest), something above 7 games per person, although this data was from 2 years ago or something.

But there's 5+ FIFA games user. That's why the PS4 sold.

That's what every platform holder wants. Helps the platform as a whole even the niche AA jap stuff indirectly. Also take note that this is no different from any other gen. It wasn't because of anyone else's fuckups or anything particular to the PS4 that it hit the average of Sony's homeconsole sales (it's actually still below, the average per gen is ~115 million which PS4 will most likely hit or get close to)

It's shipments not sales. Nintendo barely shipped anything this quarter as they have a hardware revision coming out in Q2.

Marth and Samus are good friends :((

>highest selling Switch game is a port
not surprised

shipments = sales
Sony already got their money
And this wave of shipments will sell out just a bit after the next, it's a guaranteed final on-customer's-hands number sooner or later (let's be honest, sooner). Keep in mind the number you see from Nintendo, which is 1m less, is also shipments so it's apples to apples.

>Based retards on Yea Forums don't understand the difference between shipments and sales
Nintendo console shipments slowed down in Q1 to clear stock for the Q2 revision.
If PS4 outships Switch in Q2 and Q3 then you're allowed to console war shitpost about it.

Nintendo has new hardware coming out next month, Sony doesn't
How is that comparing apples to apples.

To add to this, the one and only time shipments don't equate to costumer sales is when the console is a complete failure and/or sees an abrupt ending, of which there are very few, like WiiU or Dreamcast.
In every other case they are the same number for all intents and purposes.

So is PS4's lmao

Guess what the top selling PS4 game is :^)

>b-but Sony!
Rent. Fucking. Free.

Reminder that NPD and Media Create sales figures confirm that Switch outsold PS4 handily in North America and Japan in Q1. So if PS4 did outsell Switch globally then it's due to Pedro and Ahmed wanting to buy their Fifabox

I don't understand your point. We've known for the entire life of Playstation consoles that they have the best global presence, which automatically means markets outside USA/Japan. USA has a preference split between MS/Nintendo and Japan has a preference for Nintendo/portables.

"If the World didn't exist PS's would've only sold less than half! GOTTEM!!!!"

???

PS4 has sold way more than Xbox in U.S

I'm aware. Kind of hard to have double the sales and not be on the lead of nearly all markets. Point still stands that USA is Xbox territory, it has the highest % of Xbox sales between the 3.

No, Mario Kart is literally normie bait, so everyone has it, even though it’s a port. It’s the safest game to get toddlers, along with Mario Odyssey. And then Smash Bros, and then Mario Party.

See a pattern?

>Japan
Who the fuck cares lmao

Japanese

>ports selling that high
Fuck this console I shouldn't have gotten it