Nintendo quarterly software report

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30-15-46-13-472_org.mozilla.firefox.png (1080x2246, 673K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/19q1_supplement.pdf
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190730e.pdf
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-07-15-sony-looking-to-pick-up-wii-audience
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wonder where XB2 went.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30-15-46-46-048_org.mozilla.firefox.png (1080x2246, 440K)

Are these total sales or quarterly sales?
If these are total sales then that's pretty woeful, even for Nintendo's standards.

How did a Wii U port sell so many copies?

Total sales. Also nigga what.

Nintendo sold more Switchs by now than N64
Next target is the SNES

>If these are total sales then that's pretty woeful, even for Nintendo's standards.
In what sense? Every game there beat the most recent entry in their respective series by a large margin.

It was already big in Wii U, and that has a handicap.

>tfw no regional pricing here so games are mega expensive compared to pc
>tfw not sure if switch revision will come out here or not

Will ninty consider lite as a separate item when it comes to sales I wonder?

>Splatoon 2 at 9 million
Amazing.

>1-2 Switch at 3 million
A-amazing.

Switch in it's 3rd year is doing so-so, but not as good as PS4. Still a long way to go for Nintendo.

No, it'll become "Switch family" like with the billion 3DS models.

Nigga it's tracking inline with PS4's similar time.

1-2 Switch is like the Wii Sports of its console, people usually buy the console bundled with this trash of a game at launch

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-30-15-56-00-184_com.twitter.android.jpg (1080x1471, 255K)

Ahh I see. Even Famitsu?

Wouldn't be surprised to see a massive boost for the switch at the end of this year when the mini launches.

The dance of PS4 and Switch continues.

all console companies consider the total sales as "Family of products" while Famitsu does track individual sales between each, the total will still be looped in under "family" Sony and Microsoft do the same with the PS4 and PS4 Pro and Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Xbox SAD.

It's going downwards after that for Switch. Nobody seriously thinks Switch can compete with XBOX and PS in terms of performance

No, those will be tracked separately. We'll be able to know how each model does, but only in Japan.

>consolewarfags make them pit against each other
>in actuality they are lovers

>smash about to overtake a mainline mario game
what
the
fuck
?

Attached: images(2).jpg (500x380, 14K)

Ahh all right, thanks!

Its the best Smash to date

Isn't there a mess of a thread already with some console flamewar shit
happening somewhere else on this board?
why post it here faggot?

Sure, but looks strange to me.
However just looked it up and Brawl outsold Galaxy (but half of NewWii).

>why post it here
Why do you think? The guy wants to shitpost. Hell since Smash was announced he's been trying to get Nintendo forced off of Yea Forums.

40M consoles sold and their top selling game only sold 19M.
Something doesn't add up here... What are people playing on their Switches?

smash is now nintendo's strongest franchise with mario kart

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up beating mario kart too

??? Guy was saying switch is doing poorly, I provided an image saying otherwise.

user software sales don't work like what you're thinking.

>40M consoles sold and their top selling game only sold 19M.
>Something doesn't add up here...
That's pretty reasonable for an exclusive.

>Switch in it's 3rd year is doing so-so, but not as good as PS4. Still a long way to go for Nintendo.

Wat? Its outsold lifetime sales of PS4 in Japan in just two years and in America year-on-year sales are outstripping PS4 by more than 20%.

Attached: 1549392967548.gif (320x240, 885K)

He's doing the "LMAO ONE GAME!!!" shitpost.

theres no region lock either so they would just be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that

Near 50% attach rate is unheard of m8

You're stupid. But on that topic, I think a lot of people download small indies and retro games for quick blasts.

Stop living in a third world country then.

Nigga stay in school.

fucking retard
If that was your fuckin goal then you shouldve said something instead of just posting only the image.
There's another fuckin thread on Yea Forums with the same image posted to start fuckin flamewar between the Sonyfags and Nintendofags
Keep you flamewar spew bullshit out of threads that don't need it faggot. Absolutely fuck off

I'm not wrong, though. Have you ever played Bloodstained? DQB 2? Civ 6? Those games lagged a lot on Switch, I don't think games like Witcher 3 and Daemon x Machima would run smoothly on Switch as well. The only incentive of owning a Switch is being able to pay for old port games and play it handheld mode.

If Nintendo is not going to make a new Switch model a la "New" Nintendo 3DS then I doubt it will be able to sustain its growth in the coming years. In the future, you can simply attach your smartphone with a Bluetooth controller and it will be as powerful as Switch. Technology is advancing so fast and yet Nintendo refuses to acknowledge VOOC fast charging.

I dont even know that thread. This was taken from my phone. I hate consolewarfaggotry.

You do realise getting angry at him isn't doing any favors, right?

Seems like about half of console owners like Mario Kart over some other franchises...

that's how every console works? software doesn't sell as high as hardware since the audiences are always different. Even the PS2's highest selling game only makes up 11% of PS2 owners.

yea they should be selling like 80M what are you doing if you haven't bought and beat every game twice

That's actually funny, I live in 3rd world country flipland but switch games are cheaper. Helps Maxsoft is an official distributor to SEA regions. It's why I go physical.

>fast charging
Slow and steady wins the long term race

>thinking performance has anything to do with sales
>thinking people only own one thing

Attached: 450871.png (580x430, 428K)

Out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to know what that game was?

>Bloodstained? DQB 2? Civ 6?
Bad examples. DQB also drops frames on ps4 even harder than the Switch because its 60 to about 18 as opposed to 30 to 13.
Bloodstained and Civ are also horrendously rushed games.

In other words they aren't the norm.

Look it up yourself. You on da internet right now playa

In russia, nintendo games here cost more than USA, while pc games cost half as much as USA. Go fucking figure.

>you can simply attach your smartphone with a Bluetooth controller and it will be as powerful as Switch.
You don't genuinely believe this do you? As "powerful" as phones may look from a hardware perspective it won't be reaching that any time soon due to massive throttling.

>Their top selling game was a port
Huh.

See

Wait. Does Civ 6 run bad?
I've played it and it runs really well?

sakurai gets btfo by mario kart AGAIN

>thinking people only own one thing
A lot do. Console wars wouldn't exist if people generally own 2 or more different consoles of the same gen.

Xtrannies getting a double helping of fucked today. Delicious.

Do amerimutts have any idea how hard actual migration is if you weren't burn in a golden country?

>Mario Kart 8 outsold Breath of the Wild and Odyssey
Holy shit, Mario Kart really is a golden goose eh?

Attached: 31d.gif (260x187, 156K)

>PS4 ~100 million units
>God Of War PS4 ~ 10 million sold

Attachment rates are important dipshit

Idiot

Like I said, it was already a big seller in Wii U, a shitty console. Imagine it without a handicap.

>A lot do. Console wars wouldn't exist if people generally own 2 or more different consoles of the same gen.
we've always known that console wars are just 12-13 years olds who can't get mommy to buy them more than one video game machine "You already have one what's wrong with it"

1. Not American
2. Stop being obsessed with them

user you're in Yea Forums, and you'll be surprised how few consolewarfags are.

>runs really well
For Switch standards, maybe. But you would be fucking out of your mind if you think waiting more than 30 seconds a turn in mid to late game is the definition of a game running fine.

Good thing the world doesn't consist of Japan and Burgerland, then. The Switch is doing very well, but it's pretty telling that a six year old console is still outselling it worldwide.

>and you'll be surprised how few consolewarfags are.

Well yeah, it's kind of a mandatory game if you have friends.

I got MK8 on the wii u and didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would since I used to really enjoy MK64.
I thought maybe I just wasn't into the genre anymore but I played 64 and had a better time playing that.
I don't know why.

I never realized mario kart was such a big deal. I mean it makes sense though, it’s a good multiplayer game but it’s also much more accessible to non gamers than say, smash bros. It’s much easier to get your mom to play a game of mario kart and have some fun than it is to get her to play smash

>DUDE SMARTPHONES LMAO
so where are the actual games on smartphones then? Sure there's the occasional ports but majority of it's games are pretty shit and the entire point of the mobile market it to make games for as little as possible and sell as much as possible

>50% of switch owners have mario odyssey and mario kart
>30% have splatoon
>OMG SO BAD LOL

False comparison though? We should compare how they are doing at the same time frame.

>PS4 is now counting shipped units instead of sales
>people still follow that shit eating retard

Yes, yes it is. Besides people are more concerned with politics shitposting.

>reality is console war, stop talking about things I don't want to hear.

>Sure there's the occasional ports
Of games that are 15 or more years old.

predict ltd sales of 2019 switch exclusives
>mario maker 2: 12 million
>fire emblem: 5 million
>astral chain: 1.5 million
>link's awakening: 7 million
>luigi's mansion 3: 10 million
>pokemon sword and shield: 16 million

The point here is that phones are becoming more and more advanced and powerful while the Switch will remain stagnant with its increasingly obsolete hardware. Phones may not be able to run AAA games for now, but the video game market is shifting to phone gaming whether you like it or not since it generates them a lot of revenue. It's only a matter of time until game developers invests on making phone games instead.

I actually thought about saying that in my own post, but that stil doesn't mean there aren't more than enough 12 year olds to fling shit at each other over what plastic their mom bought them.

Mario Kart literally never stops selling. From March 2018 to March 2019, Mario Kart Wii sold another 100k copies.

Can't wait for the poketears when the newest pile of shit from GF sells millions.

Honestly couch multiplayer is probably going to be a large selling point for the switch going forward. Not many games outside of Nintendo platforms have it anymore and it's going to get worse as time goes on.

>11 million sales for lets go
Disgusting

>The point here is that phones are becoming more and more advanced and powerful
Yeah except they aren't. If they were they would already be able to play current gen games but no they can't. They can't even play ps2 ports properly.

Why shit on performance when this generation of consoles is the definition of bad optimization. Geez, I miss the days developers had límites resources and only the good could succeed.

Attached: 1477046814134.jpg (768x1024, 236K)

until I can play smash on a phone, connected to a big screen, using a gc controller, I dont give a fuck.

Also, smash will pass SMO before Xmas.
I dont think it can pass MK8D, the only 2 challengers left are Pokemon and AC

You really don't understand how phones work do you.

People have been saying this for years. The phone market is completely different from the console market. Even though everyone has one, they aren't going to shell out more than a few bucks for a game on their phone. They're far more content pouring much more money into microtransactions than a one-time purchase.

I hope Cops get 3mil

I raise SM Maker 2 to 15 million

How the fuck did Let's Go sell almost as much as the Wii U?

>when this generation of consoles is the definition of bad optimization.
And it's only going to get worse.

sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/19q1_supplement.pdf (page 8)

nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190730e.pdf (last page)

Why is a six year old PS4 still outselling Switch?

How is MK8 still selling?

Because its a good game?

It has 3 things on its favor:
>Nintendofags love their exclusives
>Kamiyafags
>MUH 2B mommy ass fags
I'm sure it can do well

>phones are becoming more and more advanced and powerful
they aren't, no tin the way you think they are. modern phones are already bloated garbage, the rush to "power" is there to hide how badly their system perfom in mulitasks, and the OS is still the only program that can access 100% of the cpu, ram, memory and gpu, leaving apps with peanuts and lw priority threads. If a PC runs at 50% of the same spec console, a phone is struggling to run at 10% and it's not getting better, as phone maker want big numbers and gadget, not a coherent safe development envirronment. phones shouldn't have 4k screens for instance. It's a scientific aberration.

>Fire Emblem 5 million
No way dude, the entire fire emblem series before TH had sold like 13 million

>The Switch is doing very well, but it's pretty telling that a six year old console is still outselling it worldwide.

Nintendo DOMINATING Japan.

Nintendo DOMINATING America.

>B-But Sony sold 300k more Fifastations in Bangladesh!

Attached: 1563783793444.png (179x283, 67K)

Europoors and FIFA

>>PS4 is now counting shipped units instead of sales
>now
every single manufacturer ever, for Financial reports, count Shipped units,

Sell tru is for taunt or numbers wanking.

Because majority of Switch owners are either kids or casuals.

I wish

thats because the wii (outside of yoga moms) and wii u weren't too popular of consoles. Mario Kart has always been popular with normies and now that a nintendo console is back in the spotlight they can bring it to the dorms or parties or whatever

>every single manufacturer ever, for Financial reports, count Shipped units,
False.

Worldwide numbers is what matters in the end, asshurt loser.

No other company is capable of marketing a console solely around games that they themselves develop. PlayStation only survived because of how much autistic nips & eurofags love Fifa & Final Fantasy

Dude PS4 sales have fallen off a cliff. Switch is the biggest selling console of the year by a gulf.

And will be the biggest selling console next year by a gulf.

Your seething childish jealousy is embarrassing.

Attached: 1562751109808.jpg (255x266, 24K)

Indeed, why a six year old console is selling a two year old console.

they don't. Go suck papa Sony's boots somewhere else.

Cool, I never knew this.

Pokemon alone will sell 20 million units of the Switch. You underestimate how fucking popular Zelda, Pokemon & Mario are. Nintendo can literally rehash the same games every year & still make billions of dollars in revenue

>Worldwide numbers is what matters in the end, asshurt loser.

No they're what matters to YOU. Because you're seething. I'll think you'll find Sony would rather be Number 1 in Japan or America than Bulgaria. You know, markets which actually count.

Attached: 1525228402217.jpg (259x194, 8K)

It’s a good thing nintendo is such a forward thinking company and made a new version of the console to focus on that then, right

Attached: B8E7FF3F-0DD5-4DC3-A093-A5D20ADB5200.jpg (600x600, 150K)

>another consolewarring post on a thread that didn't ask for it
go back to your shit infested thread faggot and fuck off

How did you not?

Because it's the normalfag console. People this day don't bother with a PC so they get those "games that are out for everything" on that console. The last generation it was the Xbox 360 but then the Wii overtook as the "even the grandmas play this" console.

It's what matters to publishers who make games. This is why Switch is still being shafted by Japanese devs.

user, the Switch mini can still do it through local wireless.

I'm not that fond of phones so I tend to be ignorant about it. I just buy ones that are usable for me.

All of you consolewarfaggots go to your fucking thread faggots

Mario Kart games sell well forever

>Nintendo is up YoY shipped
>Is market leader for the current Year in USA
>Is market leader for the current Year in Japan
>Nintendo Switch Mini on the horizon
>Nintendo Switch Official (not gray market only) release on China on the horizon

now all they need is something akin to FIFA to penetrate UK and they are good to go

>This is why Switch is still being shafted by Japanese devs.
Huh? They're all making games for it except for Capcom.

>>astral chain: 1.5 million
no way dude bayonetta 2 didn't even sell that much and I doubt 1 did either. Not every game needs to sell a million to be a success I think you overestimate the popularity of these games.

>Why won't Nintendo release Mario kart 9 on switch
Well now you know
>Splatoon's on it's way to hit 10 million
I'm so proud. So happy this series continues to thrive.

Attached: MK8D_Image22.png (1280x720, 1.36M)

If you notice I was pointing out his dumb revelation on how an old console has higher total sales than a new one.

Falcom and Capcom

cuz the wii u sucked

>Japanese devs
>Caring for anything that's not Japan
I guess the Vita got so many weeb games for its worldwide performance. What a genius

Attached: 1533155559440.gif (540x513, 1.58M)

I bought 1-2 Switch on release day and I legit played it a ton since then, it's a perfect party game that people love to try, so we sometimes drop Smash or MK8D and go for 1-2

Why are you lying on the internet?

What does that have to do with what I just said?

Actually I am shocked a bunch of weeb games got localizations for switch.

What game sold 100 million on PS4 or 40 million on Xbone? You understand attachement rates?

Capcom and literally everyone else.

>>Japanese devs
>>Caring for anything that's not Japan
Yes?
Why do you think they're

No just Capcom.

Man I just wish there was an MvC game or even SFIV would be nice on the Switch since it is severely lacking in fighting games. I hope for a Power Stone 2 port though.

That requires everyone to have their own switch though, and has everyone looking at their own device rather than the single shared tv. Would you also consider link cables couch co-op? I think that misses a large part of what makes couch co-op popular and accessible. It’s the difference between “dude I got an n64 and rented goldeneye, let’s all hang out and play this weekend” and “hey I got a switch and mario kart. If you want to play with me, you’ll need to also get a $200 system and $60 game, or we can both huddle over a tiny screen that I’m holding on to since this doesn’t have a kickstand”

??? Most games that you don't list for shitposting got switch ports, like super robot wars t, doraemon, my hero, etc.

Name them because everyone puts in more efforts than Capcom

Konami has made more new Switch games than Capcom

TvC2, but sadly Capcom is solely chasing that triple A.

Why are you using two different versions of the console in arguing?

>New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: 4.10 million
HAHAHAHAHA GET DABBED ON ARTSTYLE KEKS

It already sells fine in Europe

OY VEY GOYIM JUST BUY THE DMC1 PORT RIPPED FROM THE COLLECTION FOR 20 DOLLARS

Attached: capgoy.png (560x225, 21K)

>saying this before Pokemon and Animal Crossing
Holy shit, my sides

>People still underestimate the power of smash

Attached: lycanroc_midnight_by_toontk_dbyy4ev-fullview.jpg (1024x922, 53K)

Except
Square
Bamco
NIS
Atlus
Marvelous
Konami (even if Contra looks mediocre)
Sega
I think there are a few Compile Heart games.

You get the picture. It's pretty much just Capcom.

Switch - Top Selling Titles (units)
this quarter and ltd

>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | 1.2M | 17.89M
>Super Mario Odyssey | 0.5M | 14.94M
>Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | 0.92M | 14.73M
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | 0.84M | 13.61M
>Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee | 0.35M | 10.98M
>Splatoon 2 | 0.32M | 9.02M
>Super Mario Party | 0.59M | 6.99M
>New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe | 0.79M | 4.1M
>1-2-Switch | 0.04M | 3.01M
>Mario Tennis Aces | 0.11M | 2.75M

And people say they aren't money grubbing nihonjews. There's no reason why they couldn't just do the whole thing.

>sega still hasn't ported over sonic adventure 1 and 2 to switch

Attached: 1564275827360.png (530x375, 287K)

How's digital so far compared to physical

Hey at least Panzer Dragoon is back.

It's just a repeat of last year. Yea Forums and /vp/ swore up and down that Let's Go was the last straw and The Fans™ were jumping ship, then it sold over ten million.

Anyone who doubts Sword/Shield will sell some eight-digit number is retarded.

The fact Konami is even porting games is miraculous

Snoyfags are so seething jealousy they can't even stay in their own containment thread.

Fucking absolutely loving the ass-sting.

Attached: 1553022511029.png (593x580, 621K)

>thats because the wii (outside of yoga moms) and wii u weren't too popular of consoles
>The Wii wasn't a popular console

Now this is pure Snoiboi delusion.

FUNFACT: The Wii currently has a better software tie-in ratio than the PS4.

Switch wouldn't be able to run DMC2 and 3 retard.

Switch is pretty close, compared to PS4 around the same time. Even with problems with online, lack of additional small things on Switch, and it not being as powerful, it has a shit ton of great games and it's the only portable on the market that offers full games. With Pokemon and Switch Lite coming out, I think it might hit the 53 million mark around January too, or fall only a bit short of PS4 at the same time frame.

Attached: ps4.png (710x643, 52K)

And to think this is the calm before the switch lite holiday and Pokémon storm

Attached: 1563722877924.gif (400x261, 620K)

And to think they started strong in early switch life.

but muh worldwide sales

that why I said UK, not Europe as a whole. Nintendo owns a lot of Europeans Markets, like France and (I think is Spain or Germany)

The fact that they're still doing games in general instead of going all in on pachinko is miraculous.

kart is such a monster and zelda amazing too
Splatoon reaching 9 million and going for 10

splatoon almost sold as much as pokemon
you'd expect pokemon to have better legs

It's honestly a damn shame because there's potential, but gamefreak is just going to keep coasting. Why wouldn't they?

>1-2 switch at 3 millions
those poor sobs.

Capcom's Current New Switch Games:
>Mega Man 11
Konami's Current New Switch Games
>Bomberman R
>Contra Rogue Corps
>Hyper Sports R

Capcom has been one upped

Imagine being this retarded. They can run on a ps3 which had the power of a wet turd and was so developer unfriendly that Sony had to beg for people to make games for it.

I feel complica ted. I want to see negationists to get BTFO but I don't wanna rewars Game Freak's mediocrity

Attached: 1534014929788.png (533x534, 262K)

I'll pull a fucking rabbit out of my ass and say that Pokemon will have its biggest hit ever, selling 20 million copies.

>Shipment is already up YoY
>Q1 is the weakest Quarter for nintendo in teh past 3 years
I welcome with open arms the pandemonium

The PS3 had incredible tech, it was just harder to make stuff on it. The Switch doesn't hold a candle to the PS3.

an NES could run DMC2

No they didn't. It's pretty much been nothing but ports from Capcom the entire way.

Is there really that much money in pachinko?

aside from ports. capcom cares little

lets no forget the land of the chink

Attached: ss (2019-07-30 at 05.01.55).jpg (518x686, 94K)

bump

It'll still sell well but we can hope it at least doesn't meet internal expectations, like it sells 10-12 million before Jan. 2020 when they expected at least 15.

I'm not fooling myself I don't think the backlash will make it bomb but it was significant and a lot more than what they got for LGPE. I just want them to implement all the Pokemon, I don't even want it if there's only going to be a few hundred.

It hurts Muricans to admit the Chink market is bigger than theirs.

PS4 has a weaker CPU than the PS3

>The PS3 had incredible tech
Yeah don't kid yourself, the ps3 was complete and utter ass for video games which is why games often performed worse than their counterparts on other systems which includes the wii.

>tencent
Dudes have a hand in everything

That wasn't always the case. China banned all gaming consoles for like 15 years.

LGPE sold 10 million its first quarter on a far smaller install base. SwSh will have a far larger audience AND a cheaper Switch to sell with.
15 million at least, no matter how mad it makes reddit.

>MFW Nintendo spends more resources than ever on 3D Zelda
I AM PLEASED. Can't wait for the sequel

Attached: 1507973063211.png (465x392, 157K)

Honestly this.

Whats the fuck is wrong with Sonybros? Are they obsessed? Are they mentally ill?

>Switch wouldn't be able to run DMC2 and 3 retard.

Attached: ss (2018-10-23 at 07.38.24).jpg (327x497, 51K)

mm2 8 or 9 million
fe 3.5 million
astral chain: 650k
la 6 million
lm3 10 million
pok 15 million

Not everything is marketable in China. For instance, Starbucks is already dying in China and is already replaced with a local coffee brand, same happened with Carrefour and Apple.

1-2-Switch is great.
So was Nintendo Land.

Haters gonna hate.

KEK

It hasn't even released in china yet.

Doesn't this just mean PS4 is even more normalfag tier than the wii? Its basically a netflix fifa machine for most the audience desu. Admittedly I don't know the specifics of mario karts wii but none of my friends played it while it seems like I constantly see everyone playing Mario Karts 8 when I'm over.

I swear I see you post this about everyone.

it's literally illegal to sell anything in china without working with a chinese company, and even then you still have to get approval from the government as well. Sony and Microsoft established branches in China, but Nintendo's "nihon no puraido" probably didn't let them do the same thing.

More than Sony so?

Wow.
I'd understand if we were talking about 5 but the Switch has already proven itself capable of running similar games.

Nintendo is in China already, they call itselves iQue

themselves*

>Doesn't this just mean PS4 is even more normalfag tier than the wii?
Yeah. I mean it was always the case. As much as people go "LOLOLOL WII FOR SOCCER MOMS" it did still have games that catered to core audiences and they kept the thing alive.
But the ps4 is almost entirely casuals after Sony shifted their audience at the end of last gen.

>Sells 30 million switches in your path

How much has ps4 sold in China? What amount of the 100m does chinkland account for?

>netflix on ps4
Jesus Christ I couldn't imagine binge watching a series with the WHIIIRRRRR of the ineffective fan in the background as the room begins to heat up from the ps4 essentially idling

>WHIIIRRRRR of the ineffective fan
God that fucking fan is the worst. Playing anything more than a 2d game sets it to jet engine.

Of course. The only difference with last gen is that we're closer to a 70/30 distribution now than a 50/50 distribution. Nintendo will never reach the same combined audience because only they spend as much on marketing as a single big publisher.
It's Nintendo vs. Sony, Microsoft, EA, Activision, Bethesda, Ubisoft, Take2, Capcom, etc. etc.

Sony flat-out said they wanted the Wii audience for the PS4

>gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-07-15-sony-looking-to-pick-up-wii-audience

Sony tech is not very good. There's a reason they've been replaced on enery other tech sector but game consoles

Best taste, user.

So seeing as that nigger is a MASSIVE sony shill Nintendo is ahead, good to know

Clearly you thought you knew enough to opine on it

Considering Splatoons as big as Pokémon I'm surprised they haven't made a slew of spin offs titles.

It does have an incredible CPU. The problem is it has some pretty shit stuff running on it, on top of shit awful GPU and slow and small RAM. CPU can do only so much, Switch overall is a much better machine, that's why literally every port from PS3 rans better on Switch. With the only meme exception being LA Noire, which runs around the same in fps, but with much better resolution and textures.

How did a game about humanoid squids and octopuses involved in a paint war managed to propel itself as one of Nintendo's prime sellers in a little over 4 years?

Attached: D_vFNt6XUAEAoP2.jpg (1366x2048, 567K)

Gameplay was fun

>Considering Splatoons as big as Pokémon
You're joking right.

What kind of spin-off would a franchise like splatoon get?

It's the only shooter Wii U had. Released during the most intense of drought seasons.

What would you like?
Rhythm game?
Fashion game?
Squid Sisters wrestling in an ink pool game?

tbf Mario Kart 8 had almost a 100 percent attachment rate.

Rythym game obviously.

>4 mil for a nsmb port
>3 fucking mil 1-2-switch

Attached: 1557795045695.jpg (289x298, 84K)

An rpg would be nice but I love rpgs so I want rpgs out of everything.

Unironically soul

Its fine just not 60 dollars fine.

>Rythym
Wow, that's what I get for phoneposting I suppose.

just ride the wave and do a Battle Royal

>Latest Pokémon
>10 million

>Latest splatoon
>9 million

watch it be nintendo's next mobile game

user, pokemon regularly sells 15m for new games and is a multimedia franchise.

Name 5 other games with a 50% attach rate.

>Unique concept
>Loli
>J-pop/idolshit
>It's a shooter

yes but I hear they may be passing some new law soon which will hurt the industry. I think this is one of the reasons SNK moved back into games.

Attached: fistofthenorthstarpachinko.png (363x225, 24K)

If only Pokemon didn't lose its soul after gen 4 and 5

Attached: D_qHgKWXsAA0TUb.jpg (800x991, 230K)

$50, but still not worth $50

Should have just been a pack-in with the console

>Regularly sells 15m
Yet the last one didn't.

And that goes to show you that a brand new series with only 2 games sold just 1 million less than a global craze spanning 20 years. Exactly my point. How have Nintendo not capitalized on the success of splatoon and made more?

Imagine being some AAA studio with 900 employees, slaving away 60 hour workweeks for years to put out a game that sells five million. It's full of microtransactions and the price drops to $20 six months after launch just to squeeze every last drop from it.
Then Nintendo comes along and ports a last-gen game for full price and sells 18 million copies.

Attached: 1562473404431.jpg (545x576, 50K)

Looking at planning/art concepts, I can see Pokémon still retains a bit of its soul, they just can't translate it into game design because they're hacks

"For new games", meaning the first ones in a generation. LGPE is a remake and should be lumped together with FRLG, HGSS and ORAS, 11 million is in line with those or slightly better in the same timeframe.

sub 2m so Nintendo don't care

The last quarter. For comparison.

Attached: as of march 2019.png (800x3400, 1.18M)

It's obvious by now that the Wii u was a toxic mess of bad ideas and marketing.

Attached: Wii tablet add on.png (563x1655, 473K)

>Yet the last one didn't.
>for new games
Reading is hard for you, isn't it.

I would buy this

Mario Kart Wii still sells 100,000 new copies a year.

Maybe they should start making good games.

This has nothing to do with caring.
Nintendo shows the top 10, and whatever sold 1 million in the scope of the report.

wew that's fucking crazy

Oh your using the "LGPE isn't a 'new' game" excuse.

it baffles me that anyone wants their guy to "win" the console war. All these companies just want the casual audience. The one behind usually ends up employing better business practices because they have to cater to the dedicated players.

11mil for a Pokemon game is seriously weak as hell. Hope the trend continues for Sword and Shield.

>Yoshi sold like shit
>We won't be seeing Dankey Kang again
>Kirby was a flop
>Fire Emblem Warriors or Hyrule Warriors didn't even sell 1 million

Those fucking Mario party sales are shocking .

pokemon is a merch franchise

>Loli
What?

Attached: woomy seriously.png (468x324, 118K)

I mean hell that Kill la Kill game is straight up Sony because Sony owns Aniplex
Truth is the game was rigged from the straight

Don't be morons. Next you're going to say USUM flopped while ignoring they're the best-selling third versions ever.

>Kirby was a flop
>Best selling Kirby ever

Attached: 1562880320122.gif (500x262, 686K)

>11mil for a Pokemon game is seriously weak as hell
It's about on par with remakes so in a ways that trend will continue but not as you want.

Kirby Star Allies is the third best-selling game in the franchise and the best-selling of the current style mainline games. Not sure how much you think Yoshi and Kirby usually sell.

Even if the games sell 1mil, it’ll still make its money back tenfold. The games are made with a dirt budget with a team of 70+ devs.
Sword and Shield will sell 15mil, easy. That’s the power of Pokemon. Trash into gold.

>People buying Densetsu No Kusoge

Attached: 1549267359718.jpg (800x450, 87K)

PS4 sales are pretty steady huh

>Nintendo forced off Yea Forums
Would literally kill this board overnight
Mods have already confirmed it’s less than 6 retards using proxies
The vast majority of users aren’t giving up Nintendo

>Pokemon game quality dips so bad that it affects merch sales

Attached: 1535506560468.jpg (750x750, 94K)

I've seen more pachinko parlors in japan than arcades or theaters. The longest line I've ever seen for something here was for the opening of a pachinko parlor.

seeth but based

Main games make up a very small fraction of pokemon revenue

It's high-octane paintball, people love paintball.

It won't.

Zelda literally outsold the Switch at launch at 110%

Attached: 1558995525275.png (208x300, 134K)

Honestly with how big the whole natdex freakout is, it really might. Probably wont be a big hit, but it'll turn into a downward curve if they never do anything about it.

And yet they still sell more than most other games.
It’s insane how big of a cash cow Pokemon is.

That's only if you combine the tcg, merch, the anime and so on otherwise the games are larger than each one.

Attached: 534535435.png (462x919, 48K)

Let's be honest the national Dex thing has died down and even then LGPE had more controversy than it.

pokemon "2 games version" strategy inflate sales with whales getting the same title 2 times or more.

PS4 released in early 2015 and one year ago it had 1.5 mil consoles
Don't know if Switch will do better

How do they get away with cutting up content and selling it as 2 separate games?

Wasn't 1-2 Switch bundled with some at a time?

No it was just a launch title

Tactical RPG Splatoon spin-off when?

Attached: WVW69iZDZ24w_KmQlM.png (120x320, 6K)

Because they've been doing it for 30 years. If they'd only just started doing it, it wouldn't fly.

It probably will because of the whole portable thing.

people dont have much of an issue because you can just trade for the exclusives.
retards who buy both versions are beyond saving though.

>people still think being a Wii U port matters
When will you realize that nobody bought a Wii U?

23 years

I honestly don't know if thats even possible anymore

by calling it a tradition

Honestly I don't get their deal, instead of focusing on ports they could use it as a chance to experiment with new IPs or bring back franchises long forgotten heck Bomberman did well and he haven't had a game in years at least Konami even though they have been circling the shitter for years at least tried something, Sega is also another example.

Fun and original gameplay along with a cool aesthetic
Also it was nintendo's first new IP since like the gamecube, and was released on a console that was lacking in good games. Splatoon sold nearly as much as smash 4 on the Wii U

LGPE selling 10 million is honestly depressing. Pokemon will never be good again will it?

>'NONONONOOOOOOOOO'
>'DONT POST IMAGES TO BACK UP YOUR POINT'

are you actually fucking crying about an image over a text post? Get a fucking grip, christ..

>bring back franchises long forgotten
That's honestly the only way to justify ports from Capcom now. VJ, BoF shit like that port them not the 50th version of SF2 that no one gives a shit about.

I don't undertand why Pokken never showed up on these even though it sold enough to.

I originally figured maybe it had to do with TPCI and/or bamco being involved, but bamco worked on smash and TPCI is involved with let's go and those are listed.

What I find interesting is that LGPE only sold 1.8mil copies in Japan. Usually the Japanese market has control over its franchises, but not pokemon.

nope get ready for the next generation of pokemon GO

Any collection port they do keeps being half assed like pic related I could understand RE 5,6 but shit like RE0,Remake and the Megaman games there is no excuse even had the megaman games on separate discs for PS4 and Xbox.

Attached: 039a7aa0-3ba7-4ee2-8c6d-54e0dd807601_1.65ad9458d53a2eacadcf244bcbbd93b6.jpg (450x450, 51K)

>but not pokemon.
You can add monster hunter to that too.

Something something the main games are co-distributed by Nintendo while the spin-offs are done by TPCI exclusively.

I think it's because Nintendo isn't the publisher for Pokken.

Yeah. I think the 3DS is dead.

Attached: 1564480580.png (1400x450, 332K)

At least monster hunter had to do a tremendous and risky push to break into the western markets. Pokemon didn’t have to do shit.

Will the squids come back for mk9?will the veemos and oomies join the fun?

Attached: Octo_Expansion_multiplayer_Inkling_versus_Octoling.jpg (2000x1010, 698K)

Not bad for a handheld that almost died and then had to carry the weight of a dead console

It lost Pokemon and Animal crossing to Switch its dead heck its even losing Youtube support.

We just want to see how well it sells, Oh it sold better than we expected okay well we want to see how this sells now.

Panchiko makes up 4% of Japans entire GDP.

It's funny how this so rarely comes up in all the console war shitposting.
To think that the Switch's sales are inline with the PS4's sales, but without China.

>Splatoon 2 sells 9 million copies
>still doesn't get an octo echo in smash
It hurts.

That's every exclusive dumbass
Spiderman sold like 11million while there was like 94million ps4s

At $60 per game and no price drop, that top list has generated roughly a billion dollars in revenue per game. That’s still much higher than the lifetime revenue pulled in by any phone game

Despite everything, that phrase came from 5ch which is essentially jap 4channel.

Wasn't that combined Wii U switch?

>That’s still much higher than the lifetime revenue pulled in by any phone game
You don't actually believe that, right?

>Kirby was a flop
The game was mediocre, but it was in no way a flop.

Attached: static-assets-upload6922244899317348088.png (1024x1024, 601K)

lots of people forget that sadly

But it's not bundled, which is why this is so amazing.

tbqh if it wasn't for its price, it'd be worth it

>Splatoon is now a nintendo heavy hitter
Feels good bros

Attached: 1539524295231.png (817x891, 32K)

>Sony sold the bulk of PS4s between 2017-2019
They’d be wise to delay the launch of the PS5 or the first few years will be very rough.

isn't that during the pro/lite deal

>nearly 11 million Let’s Go Piss sales

HATE

There's something about it that I relate to you on, I remember buying MK8 on Launch for Wii U hoping for the same fun I had on MK Double Dash and sitting down and playing it for hours but after that I just stopped.
Only played again when my Girlfriend wanted to but I didn't even touch the online play.

>>Sure there's the occasional ports
>Of games that are 15 or more years old.

Note how user doesn't respond. Because he lost and cowering.

Why do you people keep fucking buying botw, it's an awful game.

>Why do people not have the same opinion as me!

I thought it was a great game. Cope.

C'mon, respond to the above post that utterly obliterated your argument and acknowledge!

>The one behind usually ends up employing better business practices because they have to cater to the dedicated players.
Microsoft showed that really hard this generation.
Doubt Backwards Compatibility would've come around if they were in first.

Fire emblem had a told shit roster and hyrule warrior was on 2 other systems already.

you also think fortnite is a great game, so your opinion doesnt really matter

smm2 sold 2.4 million in 3 days for those wondering

>mk8d already a million seller this fiscal year

jesus christ it's a beast

Attached: mario maker.png (998x466, 86K)

Best selling so seethe more lmao

>Year of Mario Maker, FE, and Pokemon with AC soon following
>"It's all over!"
Lmao

Find me one game that has hit an attach rate that high in the last 3 generations besides Wii sports

Reminder, that piracy is problem and there have been millions in lost sales.

You're highlighting an extra one. Switch released in March, not November.

They'll probably sell at least another 10 million through the holidays so they'll be nearing 50 million. When the switch is 3 years old it should have 52-53 million sales and that's a fairly conservative estimate.

PS4 had a mid-generation refresh, so it should have longer legs than both the Wii and the PS2

Not that it matters that much, gaming is much less console-focused now than 10 or 20 years ago.

Is this thread causing anal devastation? I suddenly saw three different threads about snoi.