People who complain about hunger are retarded its literally so easy not to die to it lol

people who complain about hunger are retarded its literally so easy not to die to it lol

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

People complain about it because it adds nothing to the game and is just a nuisance that keeps you from playing the game. It's the same as weapon durability.

Imagine being a brainlet who can't build a simple food farm

Food being too common is exactly why it's a bad mechanic. The food is too common that mechanic becomes a chore.

it motivates you from doing literally anything other than mine, and make a farm and weapon durability requires you keep making new shit

if hunger and durability were removed, it would take out a decent amount of depth, it pushes you to come up with better solutions and get better stuff.

otherwise minecraft would become "comfy minegame"

it requires you too stock up and sorta limits your invetory when you make journeys, so you can't take all that good shit and forces you to leave some shit behind jeez you people are literal brainlets

a stack of any food item takes literally one (1) inventory space

Yeah, limiting your inventory by one square. It's not like the meter runs out fast either. I think to improve the mechanic, either the food needs to be scarce or the meter should run out fast.

>it requires you too stock up
>jeez you people are literal brainlets

>It's not like the meter runs out fast either.
It does though, if you're running.
That's why it's shit.

my take on it is that it shouldn't lose health regen when losing 2 bars of it, make it loose 4 or 5 and i'd have no issues with it.

It's called Minecraft. not Minecrafteat.

It would be great if there was more things you could do to make food better

Also make food able to buff you

It's called survival fags. Play creative mode like the autist you are.

bait and summer thread.

OP is a fag

Playing a giant dungeon and scavenging food, rationing it so that you can sprint as much as you can but saving it your life regenerates during bosses. FUN.

>he does not know how much of a fucking treck it is to watertemples, end dugeons, and nethercastles
god i wish it was that simple, the amount of bread.....

the only people that dislike hunger are the people who haven't played since beta and still think food doesn't stack

Would you defend it if they added a mechanic where you had to piss and shit every few hours? Or if you died after not using a bed for long enough? Those are survival, after all.

>It's called survival fags. Play creative mode like the autist you are.

This is a good point.

>one stack of steak

WOW SO MUCH SPACE BEING TAKEN UP

this

I'm mocking you for mixing up "to" and "too", and then calling OTHERS retarded.

Just make it so food is a temporary heal over time. That way food isn't "OP" and you aren't forced to build a shitty farm just to walk 3 biomes over.

A mechanic where sleep increases speed and gives you some sort of buff would unironically be cool.

>Would you defend it if they added a mechanic where you had to piss and shit every few hours?

In a another game that is balanced in different ways and generally more realistic, yes. Like in a more realistic MMO based more around pre-industrial economics than dungeoneering. Sanitation planning could be a part of the game, and not managing waste could cause diseases. Going to someone's farm over and over and surreptitiously shitting on their doorstep would be hilarious griefing, much better than just burning things down.

fuck off
just fuck off

>one inventory space
the amount of food i've gone through is so fucking much, by the time i get back i've gone through several stacks, your little pussy feet probably haven't even touched 100 blocks out of spawn

do you have any idea how fun it is just going out and wandering and walking in minecraft surviving and fight the night, camping with your pet dog near a river, its fun but sometimes I stock up on food get my gear and just wander,

Its the comfy minegame you faggot
Whats the point of hunger when you can get rid of it so easily?

>do you have any idea how fun it is just going out and wandering and walking in minecraft
No because I no longer get to wander and find a good place to build a house when I make a new world. I have to fucking stare at wheat instead.

maybe get an enderchest then faggot. you can store everything you could ever need in there.

>Whats the point of hunger when you can get rid of it so easily?

It makes food more important. I never even built a farm until hunger. Otherwise what is the point? You just kill a pig once in a while and you are set.

Minecraft is a bad game, and the hunger system represents perfectly why. It's a half-assed poorly thought out mechanic that serves no purpose in the game. Notch is a fucking lazy swindler who stole literally millions upon millions of dollars by promising a game he had no intention of even attempting to deliver. Fuck that cunt bag and his shit tier game.

The thing that annoys me most about it is how your health stops regenerating after only having lost like 1.5 hunger. Would be nice if it slowed after 2 hunger and stopped after 4 or something to that effect.

Attached: 1476907895921.png (897x671, 922K)

>whats the point of hunger

It makes combat actually risky and therefore more balanced. you can't just regen whenever you need to eat to keep your health up and that has an inherent risk involved because it slows your movement speed.

There's no point to survival if you just tack it on and make it piss easy to deal with. Either go through with it or don't add it at all.

yeah same

bruh

just build your house and farm near spawn, get it built up then move out lol, stop acting like your at spawn get a compass it will show you your way back

I don't know about that, but the way they go about giving you a map is absolute garbage.

Same as those new rocks they added that serve literally no purpose except to clutter your inventory when mining.

yeah maps are fucking pointless

Again you're free to build your rainbow castles and fly around in creative mode. But for me, a based boy chad who needs some challenge the game was over when I found diamonds, and could just do whatever the hell I wanted with an abundance of everything.

>Or if you died after not using a bed for long enough?
Well they added those anti-fun flying things so you're close anyway.

those thing are so easy to kill lol

itt zoomers who dont know how food worked pre hunger

>your
Does your age start with 1?

Still annoying as fuck and punish you for actually playing the game.

combat was way more risky when you had limited healing instead of the 64 stacks you have since they added hunger

I'll fucking tell you why. I complain about hunger because the bar goes down fast when sprinting long distances, and when that happens health stops regening after two fucking blocks of health. This process takes less that a minute. It in it of itself is not so bad, but now compound that with the fact the player character has bitch ass knees and takes fall damage after a measly 4 blocks high fall and you for a recipe for pure annoyance.

it healed you

It always annoyed me how bad the progression is in this game. Wood tools, as well as leather and chainmail armor, are completely pointless. You're using iron 99% of the time until you find diamonds, and then that's it, there's nowhere to go from there. No unique tools or armor that can be found in chests, no different weapon types, nothing. Oh, but here's some different types of dirt, enjoy!

You know guys what more annoying then hunger? Hostile mobs! Last time i got rushed by three (tres) skeletons and a one (uno) zombie! In my own mining hole! Can You believe it? Gosh i HATE this.

Attached: 1488114418631.png (678x644, 25K)

Hunger mechanics are pointless.

it's still risky, especially in hard mode. one on one is easy to deal with but once you throw more and more mobs into the mix things can get dicey really fast even with good armor.

What's the point of hostile mobs if I can easily defeat them?

>zoomers think opening your inventory and right-clicking on some food every 5 minutes is survival

Only game that ever did hunger right was don't starve.

Nobody complained because it was hard to survive, they complained because it was pointlessand made healing tedious.

one torch stops them spawning indefinitely until you expand.
They drop ingredients to make new materials

Nice try anons.

I wouldn't mind it if the eating was instant

>boomers take any bait

That's because the food you eat doesn't have much saturation, which is another hunger mechanic. Eat steak instead of the same bread every five seconds.

it's not about being easy or hard (and it will always be easy as long as bread exists) it's about interrupting actual gameplay to babysit an arbitrary bar that kills you when it empties

Attached: 1555222117479.jpg (2600x2061, 998K)

any zoomer who is old enough to post and cares about the game knows

easy tip for lotsof food at the beggining of new world:
>set every animal in range on fire with flint and steel and then slash it
>repeat for 10 minutes
>have enough food that should last for hours
there, it's that simple

I want a texture mod with nothing but food items like this

>get one (1) potato
>staying fed becomes so trivial that hunger might as well not exist anymore
Wow what a well thought out and engaging mechanic.

Attached: 1563029565905.jpg (243x310, 17K)

I like maps.
But the general item ID assignment with creating them and zooming out is completely retarded. Also, the default in-hand view that's been there since maps were first made years ago obscures vision way too much and forces me to view half a map in the off-hand.

There's validity to hunger when the game is viewed as survival, it serves the function of giving the player needs to tend to via hunting, farming, and building. Eating and HP regen aren't instant, because if either of those things were there would be no risk to chowing down mid-combat, see Breath of the Wild for an example on why health recovery needs to be some kind of commitment. One could also call food an inventory investment, but as the thread has rightfully pointed out this is a weak point since so much food can be stacked on one inventory slot this kind of stacking size should have been the niche of items like cookies as it used to be.

The fundamental issue with hunger is actually linked to a much bigger issue with the game, and that would be the fact that its "survival" mechanics have been made a vestigial structure. Surviving in minecraft is absurdly simple, farms are easy to make (or steal from villagers) and so is a sufficient house (can also just be a villager's). The goal of the game hasn't been survival for a long time, it's been raiding generated structures to improve your resource pool for exploration/raiding or for building. Minecraft can be played a lot of ways but hunger only really supports one playstyle, which has become invalidated by many updates.

The current game's direction seems to be to make exploration interesting. As more structures are added/improved the worlds will have more natural landmarks, and more importantly these landmarks (ideally) have unique methods and purposes of interaction. Methods of transportation have also seen a focus, as they frankly should for an open world game. I believe this is in sharp contrast to the game hunger was designed for, a game where the world was harsh and barren and your goal was to fortify yourself against its inhabitants with whatever you could find.

I don't think Minecraft can become a truly great solo unmodded experience without abandoning hunger or returning to survival as the core gameplay.

Attached: file.png (1500x1125, 2.06M)

Wish you could combine maps instead of zooming out. Then you could actually choose the center of the map.
>1 map for a lvl1 map
>4 lvl1 maps for a lvl2 map
>16 lvl1 maps for a lvl3 map
>64 lvl1 maps for a lvl4 map
At least then you could choose the center of the map instead of getting cucked and having a huge unexplored area just to show all of your explored territory on a map.

You know what's surviving? Having to defend yourself in an uncharted territory, fending off many forms of attackers. What exactly is the 'survival' aspect of the food? You just have to hold rmb every couple minutes. Gathering food doesn't require any additional survival prep (you're securing a base anyway), the prep is purely tedium. You know what would be survival? Food and ways to prep it that actualy expand and scale throught the game. Having to water the field yourself and then later come up with a way to automate it. Having to deal with weeds if a farm is unprotected. Having to deal with unique enemies like locust swarms or aggresive wolves/foxes/bears. Having to build a way to preserve food. Having to build a way to feed your livestock. Having a reason to build bases in different biomes because of animals and plants requiring different climate. Having to build aqueduct to satisfy the water needs of you and your plants. Having to do some genetics and cross-breeding to improve your current plants and discover new ones. Having another use for your food ingredients like an actually developed potion system that allows for experimentation, discovery and improvement of your recipes instead of "add x then y then z".

Or fuck it, remove all means of food production and force people to hunt and forage for it. Add more dangerous mobs you can turn into food, make villagers actually capable of combat and have them attack you if you steal food, also send some villager knights when you're exploiting the natural resourves too much.

you already had a farm though. needed one to be able to regenerate health.
people preferred needing to eat a pork chop to recover 3 hearts rather than eating 2 pork chops and waiting 20 seconds for health to refill.

>be one (1) potato
>staying alive becomes so trivial that you might as well not exist anymore

Attached: 1551195734557.png (480x640, 465K)

having to eat to recover hearts was harder though. part of the issue too was in beta food didnt stack and there was no sword blocking.
you couldnt usually take more than 5 or 10 pork chops or loaves of bread because of inventory limitations.
also the hunger system just made it so your health regenerates passively, like during combat.
before you had to switch away from your weapon to eat during a fight. now you just whack away with your sword because the pork chop you ate 2min ago is still healing you.

I know how you feel. Just fucking trade, nigger.

Attached: pathologic-2-review-14.jpg (1816x1023, 147K)

Play on peaceful mode then you fucking brainlet
"But I like the challenge of mobs"
Mobs just interrupt actual gameplay to babysit an arbitrary bar that kills you when it empties
Same for the actual blocks, in fact - it interrupts your gameplay by making you have to go punch more trees or mine more stone. Just play in creative mode and quit bitching you fucking sperg

>Mobs just interrupt actual gameplay to babysit an arbitrary bar that kills you when it empties
based retard

>ITT: Yea Forumsirgins bitching over a hunger system in Minecraft.
I wonder why I come to this board in the first place

fuck your endless fields of potatoes. here's how you fix food in three easy steps:
>complex recipes that require different types of food, and more types of food to fill them out (ex.: steak sandwich requires steak, bread, lettuce, tomato). top end recipes fully restore your hunger AND saturation
>diminishing returns (i.e. the second piece of bread you eat in a row will restore 50% less hunger)
>a container that exclusively holds food, to prevent the inevitable inventory clutter from the previous two steps
i want to have a nice little garden with different kinds of veggies. fuck eating nothing but baked potatoes and saying "i'm done with food, for good"

Attached: 1563370119416.jpg (269x211, 8K)

The main thing that ruined the game is actually pretty simple:
beds

beds should have been a late-game thing, not something you can get before you even make a fucking furnace

dealing with night time was one of the main fucking challenges of the game and beds completely remove that challenge

not only that but the game actively punishes you for not skipping night time by sending not-cliff-racers at you

beds fucking ruined the game and if you disagree you are fucking wrong

hurr durr u can just mod in anything that should actually be included in teh game!!

teat?

>make hole in side of cliff or literally just dig down 3 blocks
>cover the entrance
>afk for 10 minutes
A FITTING CHALLENGE FOR A TRUE HARDCORE GAMER SUCH AS MYSELF

The real question is why are gold tools so shit
There's no point in making them

still more involved than putting down a bed and right clicking it and never seeing a fucking zombie

>game is called Minecraft
>90% of content updates have only added content to the surface
epic

>afking instead of laying down the groundwork for a base

Attached: 1543925391949.gif (475x347, 516K)

Why the FUCK would you do anything other than mine in MINEcraft, you goddamn low IQ nigger?
How about you need to press F to breathe every 5 seconds, that would be fucking awesome wouldn't it you fucking retard?

it started as an Infiniminer rip-off

Attached: file.png (748x421, 85K)

This thread is what happens when zoomers who grew up playing Minecraft, finally discover Yea Forums. We get zoomer arguments avout retard shit nobody else cares about.

>clutters up your inventory while serving no purpose

Attached: Diorite.png (300x300, 12K)

At least andersite looks nice when polished. Diorite and granite look ugly no matter what.

based angry user

>people VOTED these bastards in
>over some other shit that would actually be cool
I will never not be mad

i hope people here aren't braindead enough that don't know how to make meat farms

One of the mobs would apparently let you store xp. That would be cool as fuck. A tameable mob where you can store ur xp inside and take it out again when needed. Instead we could the stupid flying cunts.

Is there more to it other than just giving wheat to a bunch of cows?

Golden carrots best food

you know you can automate that right?
can't argue with that