I’ve only played FF7. What can I expect from FF8? Is it just as good? Is the story captivating...

I’ve only played FF7. What can I expect from FF8? Is it just as good? Is the story captivating? I heard one of the characters has amazing development.

Attached: 19E3DE24-7123-42A2-8079-437F68FD8D46.png (464x358, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kjTw1Wcjzf8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is it just as good?
No. It's still a pretty good game, though.

its better

the story is a clusterfuck
the rest is alright

Expect very little in common with 7, it's the primary reason the game has been seen as a black sheep for so long
I love it though, great music, one of the best looking PS1 games with a huge step up in visuals from 7, and a lot of optional content, good but very polarizing cast, weird ass story

No. The story is dumb, and the mechanics are trash.

Download OST, ignore the game completely.

youtu.be/kjTw1Wcjzf8

>What can I expect from FF8? Is it just as good?
Yes, if you have a high IQ. Brainlets like didn't enjoy it because the junction system and time travel plots were too confusing for them

I like the story and characters but the junction system isn't all that fun, especially if you don't know what to do with it. Without having to read up on some gamefag guide, go in blind and try to use everything available in your main menu.

Protip: don't ignore the card game and GF refine skills

It has the best music in any FF game and the best waifu Selphie and the Shiva summon is pretty sexy if you're into polygons.

>because the junction system
ff8 apologists always say this, when in actuality people criticize the junction system for breaking the game and rendering every fight trivial

well that combined with the level scaling enemies... if you never level up your characters, only level GFs and use the draw ability, you can stack 99 Ultima on your attack stat or whatever and kill the shit out of the bosses who are scaled to level 1 characters.

No, user, you don't understand. It's actually a strength of the game that there's no challenge and that levelling characters makes them weaker. It's SUPER DEEP, and you're just a brainlet.

You forgot to mention that most of the bosses have healing spells, so you have infinite healing.

Is Selphie better than Tifa?

>I like the story and characters
>military instructor abandons world-changing mission to apologize to someone

Way better in every aspect except for tits. People saying otherwise are nostalgiafags or hipsters trying to sound like connoisseurs.

Fuck no, not even lolipedos think that.

Of course we don't. Why would we care about two old hags?

>brooding loner
>spoilt daddy's girl
>sexy bookworm
>hyperactive bruiser
>wannabe ladies man
>genki girl

the problem isn't even that FFVIII's cast is young.
it's that they're all one-dimensional tropes and act like retards.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Most (J)RPG characters are a lot more one-dimensional and trope-addled than you might think.

>Tropes
I guarantee you love Ghost in the Shell but not other anime

Has one of the dumbest, not, THE dumbest cases of amnesia in any form of media ever.

The villain is bad.
The love story is bad.
The plot in general is bad.
The characters are forgettable.
The gameplay is broken and ass backwards unintuitive.

But the card game is great, and you can abuse it to make your party OP so you can just plow through all the low points of the game.

Fuck I forgot about the orphanage twist
That was so incredibly stupid I kinda wanted to play this game again because the whole time traveling witch villain thing was kinda cool but then I remember all the stupid fuckin shit like that and rinoa and I don't know if I can bring myself to do it

The story is decent until you find out everyone (including villains) were all kindergarten classmates and know each other. Seriously once you find that out the story just unravels.

Combat system is really weird and shittier than 7 in just about every way.

Some really cool cut scenes and interesting locations but I'm not sure how well those held up over the years.

>time travel plot
>with a causal loop
do japs unironically love this shit or something? 9/10 times they do a time travel thing it's there. it's very much like their tendency to do a twist for twist's sake.