Bethesda Account

apparently if you buy the first 3 DOOM Games that were re released to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch. You need to have some retarded Bethesda Account for some reason

Attached: bethesdas-classic-doom-re-release-requires-a-bethesda-account.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

>buying 25 year old games
top kek

Officially Bethesda claims its a bug and that the login was supposed to be optional for bonus skins in doom eternal or something but I don't believe them.

> but I don't believe them
you shouldn't - they'll fix the ''''bug'''' after enough suckers will give up their credentials.

Nobody accidentally ships a game with a mandatory login requirement.

The rerelease seems like a complete shitshow. I've seen some caps saying that the switch port is running on an unlicensed version of Unity.

Bethesda is equal splits malevolent and incompetent, it's hard to say. I'm erring on the side of "backpedaling after this blew up in their face" too, though.

Best part of the port to unity is the spyware bundled with the engine

"muh telemetry" -- ignorant fucking shits

>Bethesda is equal splits malevolent and incompetent
I don't think publisher incompotenece has anything to do with it.

Why would you "buy" DOOM on consoles when you can play it for free even on Android, with mods like HDoom. Sorry OP, but you're a fucking idiot.
/thread

Attached: chad.gif (320x193, 1.79M)

Literally who gives a SHIT. "Oh no I need to spend 8 seconds logging into an account"..

Grow up, honestly

Where have you been?

Attached: Screenshot_20190730-010717_Gallery.jpg (785x697, 163K)

Apparently? Thanks for being 2 days late to the party. It didn't just hide the games, OG Doom 1 was actually uninstalled off my console without awareness/consent. Both are delisted so can't be reinstalled.

Attached: 1508616443684.jpg (530x786, 103K)

>OG Doom 1 was actually uninstalled off my console without awareness/consent.
that's bad

Isn't that illegal? I mean, stealing games you bought for no reason other than re-releasing it for more money? And you don't even get it for free on console even if you bought the OG games. I hope someone goes to court with that and sues Bugthesda.

>telemetry in unity
Tell me more about it

console players are retards anyway so this is probably best for them

I dunno, but remember digital games are licensed (essentially long-term rented instead of owned). I know both 1 and 2 are installed on 360, but I'm scared they'll poof out of existence if I turn it on.

this.
Bethesda is being run from the corporate side (zenimax) almost exclusively now. Whatever power that todd had is either gone or he has fully embraced the dark side (most plausible given his super bizarre self wanking during the elon musk talk).

these people are just being highly aggressive with their schemes but it's still just ab testing and market oops even if it's on steroids.

Where are you located? If the answer is anywhere in the EU or Australia you've probably have grounds for a class action. Consumer law there is strong enough that it probably counts as theft, no matter what the EULA says.

telemetry is basically all metadata being sent in discrete packages, so play time, button taps, general stats, etc, gets uploaded to a server. It's mainly used to see how players play a game without spying directly. indirect spying where they can build a psychological and physical profile on you with extremely limited data. Depending on what they gather, it can be used for just about anything like running deep learning routines to see what ads you'll be more likely to click on. If they're just seeing how much time you spent in the game for marketing purposes, it's probably not a big deal. But you just never really know until someone looks at the code.

Here is the thing, EA is one of the most hated and most successful video game companies.

If consumers hate you and your bad practices make you billions why would you be a good company? There is a reason all the companies people used to love are turning into assholes.

Because consumers are retards.

UK, but I don't care enough. Been playing that game since it was shareware, it's fun but I can live without it. Just pissed, had those since they launched on XBLA over a decade ago.

You should still do it. Make them pay.

Supposedly they fixed that the other day. There was a tweet last week mentioning it as fixed.

Just checked, they're not there. Also, besides the DRM addition, they removed a mappack in Doom 2 that doesn't get mentioned much.