All hail source movement

All hail source movement.

youtu.be/UxQ0x-AiJOY
youtu.be/27W04yyRUhs
youtu.be/kUQJVhfEe_Y
youtu.be/fdZX8CQ07uo
youtu.be/Kv_c5v6xE2I
youtu.be/pBql39nXmno

Attached: 653px-Source_engine_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png (653x200, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SNvDUO42Hys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where's source 2

youtube.com/watch?v=SNvDUO42Hys

dota 2

Unironically prefer GoldSrc movement over Source.

Never.

>have to bind jump to mousewheel

Attached: 1422791476446[1].png (254x240, 34K)

oh yeah i forgot about that. but what's the difference between source 2 and source 1

Source 2 just werks on modern systems. Maybe. We don't know yet because the only thing that runs it is a MOBA, and Alien Swarm was apparently an early test for it if I'm remembering right.

worst thing about source engine games is practically every game has trash air acceleration by default, so air strafing feels so much worse in multiplayer games because you can't change the value. all these even scout in TF2 (without double jumping) can't run and jump off a ledge, do a 180 degree air strafe and land back on the same platform, you just kind of get stuck in the air and flop pathetically to the ground.

One is from a time where the main load was on the CPU instead of GPU, when people still had internet connections bad enough to require massive interpolation/client side prediction, with quite terrible collisions.
The other one still has no development kit even though it was promised years ago, and has been abandoned by Valve themselves because it's so difficult to work with even though it coming out would do a massive service to everyone.

Barely anyone knows but it supports a bunch of new stuff like Vulkan and has a physics engine called Rubikon that they apparently made themselves so they wouldn't have to license out to Microsoft for Havok anymore.

How does Rubikon work in comparison with Havok? Any good website for info?
Does Vulkan mean it'll run well on PenguinOS?

An old CS 1.6 server I used to play on would always keep sv_airaccelerate 100 because of that. And sometimes an admin would lower the gravity which made airstrafing around really fun.

Alien swarm was a part of some charity event where devs would make an game within a one week so that's why it's f2p really

Nobody knows yet it's might be a vaporware at this point because the last time we heared about it was like at GDC 2016, they maybe using it for their in-house VR games but i dunno since i don't have one

>all hail source movement
>90% of source games disable this movement
>one of the only ones that allowed some semblance of it by default was Titanfall
>its devs removed it when making Apex Legends

Attached: 1524845736149.png (414x502, 192K)

Jesus christ, people still jump? I was pretty hardcore into that shit like 10 years ago, made a couple of maps too.

Pic related never tried to get rid of bunnyhopping and actually embraced it. One reason why I still like playing it. Unfortunately it's inactive a lot of the time now, but there are still some people playing.

Attached: 21d6b9af47393bf4e5ef7acf422e63607ab0da05[1].jpg (444x208, 25K)

Are surf videos true kino?

please.

Attached: download.jpg (284x177, 8K)

how the fuck surf even works why the sloped angles?

I liked Dystopia more because it was faster paced and the hacking aspect was pretty cool

>hacking aspect was pretty cool
I agree with that.

>faster paced
Play NT and get gud at Recon class, you'll redefine what "faster paced" means.

Dystopia is my favorite multiplayer game of all time. Good taste user.

>team fortress classic
>source

>plot
>graphics
>gimmicks
nah
what makes games great is nuanced movement systems

Attached: 1527056179228.jpg (603x340, 25K)

Someone make the stalin image where instead of stalin and that other guy who got [vanished], they have gaben and source 2.
>what about hl3
Jesus, Valve is dead inside.

>single player game on source engine lets you bunnyhop

Attached: sweet.png (286x355, 120K)

No, defrag videos are. Surf videos are flicks by comparison.

>You have to revert back to like the original version of HL2 to even do this
All hail Source!

you can, just not instantly
if airaccelerate 100 would be default people would be weaving around like spastic retards and the netcode would just shit itself

>You can, but you actually can't.

you can do a 180 off a ledge and land back on it, you just wont be exactly where you started
if you think instant airstrafing is good play QW or something, its a spastic shitfest and also ded

Not really, but I wouldn't expect somebody who thinks QW is 'spastic' to know anything about anything.

i like quake and all but you're being a faggot
instant airstrafing is retarded

dont remind me
>we're never getting a tittyfall 3 due to respawn most likely being canned after their star wars game inevitably gets shat on

Attached: 1507426541178.jpg (229x343, 24K)

HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUY PLAYS QUAKE

Source/CSGO movement has been taken to much more impressive lenghts than defrag has.

>has been abandoned by valve
>released 3 games on it, 2 of which in the past year

I really want Source 2 so people will stop using UE4 to make everything.