FFXIV 1.23

Why was it so much better than A Realm Reborn?

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=j7nryAJe9XQ

Attached: FFXIV2.png (1264x1504, 2.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=unpWwn00mJs
youtube.com/watch?v=jH1DEdX3j3M
youtube.com/watch?v=OODPo9fzk0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=La9nLBfH44c
youtube.com/watch?v=CA7GGnyNwEs
youtube.com/watch?v=8O8b0qpCAOQ
seventhumbral.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1h1MinlLI
clips.twitch.tv/DaintyProudQueleaFrankerZ
youtu.be/tfoQM6jNhW0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ENQ57qfw03yQfNTSEk_Zoe7XswRaN8dwk9DblZdhe6Y/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers/user-reviews?sort-by=score&num_items=100&dist=negative
clips.twitch.tv/SaltySeductiveBillBudBlast
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1563842603337.jpg (376x419, 52K)

>white raven fight
holy shit that was so good

Attached: legacy.jpg (800x450, 99K)

Attached: 1518921088359.png (720x540, 480K)

anyone got an accurate pixel count of the bottom post in OP?

Attached: white ravens.jpg (1488x639, 291K)

But that's from Heavensward.

>Why was it so much better than A Realm Reborn?

The only problem with 1.X was the technical side. The game itself, was so much better. I miss the cozy soundtrack and boat rides...

Attached: aiportraits_1563745998.jpg (512x512, 13K)

>those MNK changes
Should have been in since SB.

Attached: 1534192169263.gif (280x210, 641K)

we're here to discuss 2.0 on down to the current iteration

i was hopeful that with boat rides we'd get pirate/kraken attacks, as well as the possibility of missing airship departures.

Attached: FFXIV european servers.jpg (752x840, 79K)

>The only problem with 1.X was the technical side. The game itself, was so much better. I miss the cozy soundtrack and boat rides...
blessed poster. have a webm of 1.23 superior animation

Attached: removed_racial_animations.webm (1024x460, 2.87M)

without server/technical issues:
1.X > 2.X > 3.X > 4.X > 5.m-muh story

which ones do you speak of?

SOUL

You're going to sit here and tell me that you can watch this video, and still claim with a straight face that 1.0 was better? lol no.

youtube.com/watch?v=unpWwn00mJs

Attached: across the knee.png (731x184, 99K)

SAMchads....

Attached: ashina.png (1280x720, 3.53M)

the video is maximum peak. THIS is a final fantasy MMORPG, not that tranny wow copypasta we are playing now.

remember

Attached: revenant's toll at release.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

>jumping without needing to target
>actually waiting for vehicles (read: ship)
Fuck man, I fucking wish this game had a more mmo-ish feeling, and I wonder how great it would be if it actually had action based combat (not like ff15 but more like KH but no floaty bullshit out of everyone's asses)

>I miss the cozy soundtrack

Me too bro. The 1.0 ost was and is awesome.
The new soundtrack is shit. Forced ear catchy pile of shit.

When's SAM going to get a gun?

blessed blessed blessed
have another tune
youtube.com/watch?v=jH1DEdX3j3M

never again. look at the current community. Full of shit and """"good"""" story.

Now 1.17, that was a patch worth getting hyped over...
Not like this crappy tiny potency changes mutilated trannies are getting worked up over right now

>No potency increase for Malefic 3 or Combust 3

at least they made Celestial Opposition not complete fucking garbage

Attached: file.png (525x166, 14K)

Now the SCHfags can shut the fuck up

Attached: file.png (600x270, 14K)

PRE ARR FAGS DEFEND THIS

Attached: FFXIV 1.0 Black Shroud.jpg (2048x2048, 257K)

You fags have 3 xiv threads up. Go back to /vg/

SOUL

>BRO YOU CAN CHAT IN PARTY CHAT IN BETWEEN CASTS
Listen, as much as I pine for a more player interactive MMO experience the whole "Chat Room but with pretty graphics now" thing that MMOs were back in the day just doesn't cut it. Chatting with people in another state or country is so far past passe that it shouldn't be hailed as a major element of why a game is "enjoyable". The fact that XIV 2.0+ still maintains the interesting lore and world building of the 1.0 version is what draws me to the game. The world design is what draws me in. The cool fights are what draws me in. Not being able to type about the Packers or whatever inane chat people thought was nuanced back in 1999 while waiting for a button to press as the boss just kind of idles there in the distance.

>gathering nodes while having to wait for a boat
No thanks.

only if smash does first

Attached: file.png (1179x390, 188K)

>seamless, huge, beautiful and mysterious overworld
kino

B-BUT MUH BANE

Attached: 1546610694401.png (521x286, 35K)

>Bane for one spell

Stop lying you pieces of shit, it's constantly the same fucking garbage on this board

>OLD GOOD
>NEW BAD

shut the fuck up niggers ffxiv before ARR was a disaster

Who the fuck bumped that itachi thread?

Itachi.

1.0 had spirit and soul. To be expected, since it was developed by people with heart and soul. Yoshi P destroyed it because he is a western MMO otaku, and we know that western MMOs are as soulless as Korean MMOs.

Attached: 1560660534612.png (1838x628, 104K)

youtube.com/watch?v=OODPo9fzk0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=La9nLBfH44c
youtube.com/watch?v=CA7GGnyNwEs

>shut the fuck up niggers ffxiv before ARR was a disaster

The only real disaster was the forced release of 1.0 (internally it was 0.4) short before to compete with Cataclysm

>whm doesn't use his staff
>he doesn't have idle battle animation
>idle battle animations of others is just them holding their weapon
>what's "hard" in this fight is that Ifrit hits for half hp of tank, but even then single cura heals to max
>they freely talk in the fight
>these soulless flames
>everything just looks uninspired in general
What's wrong with 1.0 people

Very based and factpilled post.
Maybe the next FF mmo can try to deliver the vision and incredible experience Tanaka had in store for us.

patch is up, start dling now, lads

Attached: think unsexy thoughts.jpg (500x667, 48K)

yet another based ffxiv track
youtube.com/watch?v=8O8b0qpCAOQ

1.0 was just a bad copy of FFXI and you were better of playing that game. It mixed the worst of new and modern MMOs together into and awful game while also being a fucking mess at a technical level, remember how the ENTIRE interface was server side? Anyone who defends that shit has never actually played it.

>1.0 fags would defend the eternal flower pot.

You were better off just sticking to XI than 1.0

>Why was it so much better than A Realm Reborn?
it wasn't you fucking dumb shit.
it had it's moments, though.
seventhumbral.org/

>you lost to a HrothChad

how could you live with yourselves, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1527097348550.jpg (837x1275, 85K)

>no update since 2015

Attached: Froder.png (560x559, 325K)

at least keep your general to one thread if your gonna have it on Yea Forums

THIS

I know, it's pretty sad. I haven't actually used it in a few years, but I've had it sitting in my bookmarks for years. It's definitely worth a looking at, it's pretty comfy.

There was a boat-docking thing in the 1.X client that was accidentally sent to the client in an update which was a WIP for some thing they planned to do where a pirate ship would ram the one you're on, and it'd clamp down a claw over it to hold inplace/run aboard.

>tfw you couldn't physically walk onto the ships in 1.X like the webm shows

shit, i remember seeing footage of that ages ago.

Seventh Umbral is dead. You can't even log into the game with it.

Attached: sjd.jpg (1266x686, 91K)

My bad, like I said, it's been a few years. I guess I should have guessed.

Take it there's no old servers anymore?

>Hmm how do we get healers to heal more
>make them heal LESS
>ah yes perfect

Attached: file.png (525x713, 369K)

None in a playable state.

Don't they tier their stat weight by iLvl now rather than job level?

Attached: multiboxing.jpg (1439x857, 563K)

blessed

Attached: Chocobo_Group.jpg (1280x720, 324K)

WHATEVER AT LEAST IT WAS IMMERSIVE

negative bro. old version was superior in every way

Meanwhile modern MMOs are stress constant input so much that you never have time to mention something to a person without fucking your DPS. In a genre still primarily text-chat driven.

Healers don't heal less though. They heal the exact same they healed on SB, the issue is that now people have 2x the hp.

Also, it's not that bad if you pray to RNG gods.

Attached: 1551506405999.png (420x108, 86K)

>whm doesn't use his staff
>he doesn't have idle battle animation
You answered your own complaint. The healer was in passive mode, which you're still allowed to perform casts in it. No reason for them to have their weapon out unless they were performing auto-attacks, which they'd miss a lot in this context because healers had fuck-all for both physical/magical accuracy.

>idle battle animations of others is just them holding their weapon
Auto-attacks.

>what's "hard" in this fight is that Ifrit hits for half hp of tank, but even then single cura heals to max
MP management was more of a thing, and all spells had recast timers so you couldn't mash things.

based

Attached: FFXIV_1350787217.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

seen 'em. lived 'em. wasn't the worst part of 1.23 sadly, ARR is

MMOs should just have built in voice chat that isn't dogshit of course. Apparently the WoW party voice chat isn't awful but I don't play WoW. That way you can still get your chat fix without the bane of discord servers looming over you. Shit I'd kill for an FC voice chat.

I don't think I'd want voice chat in a genre mostly populated by whiny mid-teens.

based
compared to what though? running around on a DDR dance pad & not being able to pay attention to anything but the circle that spawns beneath your feet?

>Very based and factpilled post.
Maybe the next FF mmo can try to deliver the vision and incredible experience Tanaka had in store for us.

here's hoping

fffreal?

Attached: FFXIV_1306991498.jpg (1920x1080, 730K)

i 'member, and it was bad, but the server lag is pretty much the same as then. anyway, the rest of it kick'ed ARR's balls beyond the horizon

yeah it;s not that big of a dl

Attached: jessica rabbit.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

nigger this is the only thread

agree wholeheartedly

>Snurbles would just passively cast beneficial things on you as you ran by them as they saw fit
And then ARR just turned them into nuisances you want to kill that cast a potent Stoneskin.

not gonna lie, that would be cool

i miss the old snurbles

Attached: FFXIV_1306991675.jpg (1920x1080, 607K)

anyone ever notice how the opening intros to the city-states were super involved whereas in ARR they literally have everybody on a wagon a'la'skyrim? pretty damn lame if you ask me. way better in 1.x

they really removed as much soul as possible in ARR

It's because each city actually had its own fully involved story for awhile before they converge with Minfillia later on. ARR is quick to bring you up to speed with a given city's nearby problems with the help of a scion, and whisks you away to Waking Sands to converge the plots before you're even 20.

dadly i think you're spot on. how can you have everyone riding in on a wagon? jesus christ

Attached: FFXIV_1338197493.jpg (1280x720, 476K)

one thing i don't get: if they were remaking the game, why dumb down the original city-state stories? if they wanted to replace them, i could get that. but they didn't even do that. they just sorta glossed over them in favor of a wagon ride. it's like yoshi-p was snorting cocaine thinking how awesome it'd be to remake ffxiv into skyrim. so fuckin' lame bros!!!

Attached: FFXIV_1333503161.jpg (1360x768, 233K)

>dadly i think you're spot on. how can you have everyone riding in on a wagon? jesus christ
*sadly i think you're spot on. how can you have everyone riding in on a wagon? jesus christ

Because ARR was a complete crunch-job, and the less work they could put on their employers the better.

sad truth

Attached: FFXIV_1333922051.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

You hear all these stories about crunch and American game devs, but you never hear the Japanese fucking complain about having even worse crunch being part of their culture.

>all these pathetic 1.0 apologists

Attached: 1564450349036.png (800x450, 142K)

According to Yea Forums the harder to play a job is, the more damage it should do.
This is how real DPS meta should looks like
>NIN, MCH, BRD are kings

Attached: 600d76ec.png (834x562, 42K)

true. even so though. clearly they delivered better on 1.0 than the resulting team has after years of effort

Attached: FFXIV_1340575632.jpg (1920x1080, 408K)

Because Japs have that work ethic in almost every business, not just game dev.

this entire game is a fucking shitshow from start to finish. what's the use if you'd be better off dps'ing in dance dance fucking revolution?

All they delivered was 20% of a product with 1.0. Shit wasn't remotely finished art/content-wise.

Parseniggers need to fuck off. If you are that obsessed with top DPS jobs and meta, go play fucking WoW.

that's what makes me think they got rolled over by yoshi-p. clearly a lot of them felt a lot of pride in 1.x
i agree but what was finished, i think is superior to the wow-clone they vomitted out

Japs fucking hate crunch time and shit, its just they are expected to put up with it and not complain, believe me, they fucking complain plenty and rightfully so

99% of xiv posters in Yea Forums are parseniggers.

i thought BLM was in the meta

>all these faggots screaming for nerfs got anally raped
Get fucked

Attached: 1512763414641.gif (500x380, 189K)

Fuck I loved the positionals based gameplay of MNK but Riddle of Earth makes it completely braindead now.

based. fuck all you niggers crying about whm

He is saying BLM is extremely easy to play.
What are you talking about?

resub bros?

Attached: 432432432432.png (242x75, 23K)

WHM can keep it's big numbers because personally I just find it boring as fuck to play.
I'd love if any of the healers felt better in terms of optimizing besides "I can get more Malefics/Broils/Glares out!." I don't really care about throwing out a few more nukes because it just feels boring.
Sticking to AST because I'd rather manage cards on top of healing and then DPS, but overall I wish they'd bring something else to healers as a whole.

TRUE NIN bros, enjoy your job while you can.
At this point purging in 6.0 is undeniable. Look at all those faggots crying about muh 50 APM=low DPS and muh clipping while some JP nins use fuma instead of raiton across all forums.
Yoshi will kill mudras. Say hello to PVP NIN

Attached: 1564436106751.png (800x715, 459K)

looks less involved than fucking OSRS

Reminder
Meta jobs are fun but shaming other for not playing meta jobs is dumb. Any job is good when performed good.

Attached: 1522372573336.png (500x500, 101K)

Should just remove healers DPS-toolkit, make heals weaker, and require healing-spam to build up some form of gauge to then use offgcd nukes with.

I imagine they'd gut Trick Attack over Mudras. Perhaps give an ability that lets you reset Mudras instead of the Bunny failure. Nerf Fuma and buff Raiton to force people into using it and then cut other abilities to lower their overall APM.

hey little trick bitches hope you enjoy your buff lol

PEAK KINO
I suppose this is what all "old mmos were better" fags want.
Honestly 1,0 world looks more alive because of obvious reasons. And I want 1.0 cutscenes in XIV.

elaborate

No thanks, honestly if WoW can have interesting and varied healers I'm still shocked XIV can't. This isn't meant to be a shitstirring comment but WoW has everything from Melee Healer to Healers that strictly DPS to Heal. It's interesting and varied between them regardless of the rest of the game.
I've been playing MMOs for a while at this point and gravitated towards healers and I've seen plenty of interesting concepts. Personally I think Lotro Captain or AoC Bear Shaman was my favorite.
I was hoping Dancer would fit as a melee healer archetype but here we are. In the context of XIV I think healing at this point should be strictly oGCD with a more interesting damage rotation on GCD as that's how everyone pushes healers into playing anyway.

it wsn't WoW

so if 1.0 was good how did it fail so badly?

it wasnt. you clearly never played it. I played its beta and it was so fucking bad holy fuck I've never played a game that fucking bad. it tanked so hard that within 6 months it had only 10k players subbed.

ARR made the game actually playable.

This shit is barren and soulless asf. I understand that this is a bait thread and bait discussion to dab on jannies but still, how can people be so delusional?

*mental gymnastics about popular = bad or WoW*

talkin' about mechanics in combat u can't react to without wiping first. in 1.x you had time to figure things out and adjust. if you couldn't figure it out after 20 mins you wiped. much different story now. now you have like 5 seconds to guess

>so if 1.0 was good
so good that Square halted sub fees because the thought of anyone actually paying to play 1.0 was an insult

ARR servers would blow up trying to understand the concept of smart heals and chain heals unfortunately.

It really wasn't good.

>he can't react to something in 5 seconds
sucks being a vegetable

damn, hard call bro

Attached: Little_black_potato.jpg (1360x768, 405K)

Attached: 1564474064638.png (637x612, 17K)

AST is still cucked, there's no reason they aren't the DNC of healers, their raid buffing should be way higher than it is.
These buffs bring it halfway in line but it still needed way more than this.
Try again Squeenix.

1.X didn't have enemy castbars or generic telegraphs, plus you had input delay on player movement because MUH ANIMATIONS.

t. whm trannnies

Good, get off my job you whining shitter. Go play WHM like all the other FOTM rerollers.

According to these threads DNC shouldn't even be in any parties.

Which is why AST should bring the buffs instead.

blessed

Attached: FFXIV_1334845089.jpg (1280x720, 324K)

Tell me the truth about MCH.

Riddle of Earth now gives you a buff that turns into a 30s buff that nullifies all positional requirements if you get hit and it only has a 60s CD.

>t. assblasted AST
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAH

Attached: 1515078086760.gif (666x666, 666K)

WE DID IT MONKCHADS

Attached: 1387343641323.jpg (603x486, 193K)

>MNK is fianlly this bad ass
youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1h1MinlLI

We did it bros, we are home now

t. whm tranny

god stormblood was lame, even teh trailer sucks compared to SHB

based & blessed

Attached: FFXIV_1305185109.jpg (1920x1080, 1013K)

Anatman looks weird now.
What's the point in Anatman if you can just Form Shift?

based retard

Thoughts on the new cash shop tights?

Attached: 76b904e2d5b37577b97c2a3d422cdc8444afb82c.jpg (800x600, 141K)

i played the beta too. i agree with you, but by 1.23 they had things under control. this thread is about how they jacked up the game engine

u can restore ur stacks with antman after phase transition TK

Actually unsure. It should still be used in openers but as long as you have GL4 there's absolutely no reason to use Anatman at downtime unless you lose your stacks for whatever reason.

TK then Analman your GL stacks back to 4 during phase transition.
Formshift change is mostly so dungeon doesn't suck shit as monk if your tank is being slow fuck.

Pretty much. Should have made Cards or Divination itself stronger instead of reducing the cooldown by a minute, this just makes NIN more important than ever if you have an AST in the party.
Unless these fights require you to GCD heal a ton the rDPS increase from these changes is nowhere near enough to bridge the gap with WHM.

Form Shift only maxes out your GL duration, it doesn't give any GL stacks itself. Reading comprehension my dude.

Wait, we finally have fucking tights? Holy shit about time.

Attached: 2638c0d5ad5f34b6fa12d53fe6df4f38fad9dab6.jpg (800x600, 133K)

negative bro.. did u play 1.23? it was so much fuckin' better. here's hoping they bring some greatness to 6.0

I thought TK was discarded? People are using it? What rotations are you guys using?

fuuuck. Those MNK numbers must have seen a serious drop or something. At lwast they got what they wanted. Now were are my WAR buffs?

>can't decide if I want to play DRK or a DPS
I kind of want to tank but it sucks play with shitty DPS in groups.

I like the cooldown reduction because it might force you to play Div without complete seals but they ALSO should have increased the potency on top of that.

Now I just need a school girl uniform and I am set.

you use tornado kick when the boss fucks off and becomes untargetable , you can use anatman to get the stacks back before they return

sounds like greek to me but in 1.0 terms seems passable

>all good looking high heels are cash shop items

FUCK YOU

Attached: 1380763482115.gif (384x216, 1.12M)

>Fucked by a static if I play Tank/Healer as won't see gear for months
>Fucked by a PUG regardless of what I play because I am always rolling against 7 other people.
WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?

SSS and TK, then follow with anatman? Not a bad idea

>BLM
>MNK
>DRG
Can anyone explain why you would ever play any other dps?

It's all copypasted corridors you fucking asshole.

unsub

>linking to the dead project
There's another server project that's in a better state, but nowhere near playable yet. Has some basic combat, though.

I like the animations and playstyle of the others?

Why do you care? You'd only want them if you're a tranny who glams in that kind of stuff and if you have those kind of desires you surely don't mind forking over cash anyway.
No normal person would want or buy them.

MCH and DNC are fun to play.

Because you need 4 dps and you can't go into savage with doubles.

1.0 was literally destroying square both financially and reputation. Yoshi saved the game and the entire company you contrarian tard.

>never had an issue getting MNK gear
>now everyone's going to switch to them

DON'T DO IT IT'S MY JOB NOT YOURS

Attached: 423232.png (554x496, 28K)

at least you'll clear with a static and get tokens

You can do doubles as premade

I should do it to spite you for posting such a fucking shitty meme.

I'm like 90% sure all the 1.0 fags are actually Blizzshills falseflagging to try to divide the fanbase.

Attached: 1563840934974.png (322x378, 131K)

I'm convinced the people spreading this shit never played the game and just think it's just pretty to look at. Otherwise you faggots wouldn't just be ignoring that the game functionally didn't work

>"R-RoF changes aren't a buff! You lose 5% damage!"
>It's actually a 13~% buff to every RoF windows damage
oh nononono SAMbros it's not looking too hot for us

Attached: PtorJkH[1].png (572x477, 33K)

>RoF doesn't decrease speed anymore
I don't play MNK and probably never will but this seems kinda insane now

Attached: 1561402663662.jpg (230x181, 22K)

mogstation makes me sick. isnt this a way to convert dollars into gil?

how do yall defend this scummy f2p p2w bullshit

Attached: scummy.png (932x705, 318K)

>SAMs want hagakure back
>They get it and get to keep Ikishoten
>Wish granted
is this the ultimate monkey's paw?

Attached: 4morewishes.png (360x202, 40K)

There's no such a thing as MNK gear in savage anymore. It's all just neutral tokens.

No shit Sherlock

Attached: qqPf0Oud5TU.jpg (1280x800, 146K)

you remind me of the SB MCH's who were super fucking mad people were interested in MCH again when it was reworked to be fun

With Sleeve Draw still being the old 180s and not lining up with Divination anymore, yeah, not having 3 different seals is a thing that can actually happen now.
These changes just blow. They feel so utterly inconsequential. The healing adjustments are great, new Noct CO especially is ridiculous, but SE just seems way too scared of the Card buffs. Of course they are going to scale better further into the expansion, that's why you should adjust them every couple patches instead of having them be garbage at start and only messuring up to be about equal at the very end when we're already about to get ready for everything to change again in 6.0. Just doesn't make sense to me.

>P2W
You have no idea what that means.

I also play Machinist and that's exactly how I reacted

No more slowdown means being able to use PB during RoF too, which also means massive damage.

No, because those are not trade able.

The only thing you can buy off mogstation that is tradeable is the wedding rings, and SE already issued warnings about trading them for gil in the past.

Other than that, furnishings you place down in a house I 'think' can be placed in another player's inventory that has access to managing furniture of that house.

you don't actually know what P2W means do you? It's scummy but literally nothing the mog station helps you preform better in end game content or any content past some EXP boost to fucking level 30.

Literally nobody in the 6 years ARR has been out has anyone advocated for 1.0 AT ALL until just this past month, the fuck do you think?

It's too bad MCH is in the shed according to Yea Forums so no one should be playing it.

not tradeable dipshit

XI had ACTUAL soul

XIV 1.23b had no fucking soul. The only people who say otherwise are contrarian faggots who just want to make each other feel special by circlejerking faux-nostalgia over a "great game" that quite literally never existed

it's a shitty version DPS loss compared to the old good one

>buy dyes and convert to gil
>use gil to buy the best gear gil can buy

its literally a tactic that f2p mmo's use. its a f2p p2w system

>tfw a miqo'te tranny outparses you and clears savage day 1 thanks to mogstation bikini glamours

What the fuck YoshiP

Attached: 1560032052722.jpg (554x640, 13K)

dyes from the shop are not tradeable.

>XIV 1.23b had no fucking soul.
More like, you are the contrarian.

this change makes 100% sense, healing potencies were always ludicrously high in this game, now it actually feels like I have to use my heals rather than just focusing on damage and throwing in my OGCD's whenever

Are you fucking stupid? MARKET PROHIBITED you mongoloid.

That's where you're wrong.

Except you can't trade dye

Attached: SHIT.png (226x247, 91K)

case & point

>US/EU are obsessed with meta and parse
>Yea Forums is obsessed with meta and parse
>meanwhile JP clear rates
9-11.5k per datacenter in JP
2k per datacenter in US
1k per datacenter in EU
US has twice bigger population.
>t-they're better
No. Watch streams. Same players
So why are we still here preaching meta, parses and fflogs? Isn't Yea Forums should be above reddit/discord?

Attached: 132154365765.jpg (576x830, 62K)

You can't trade mogstation-bought dye, only the ones you get from retainers or whatever.

Attached: 1562278183277.jpg (1920x1080, 367K)

I want to know what kind of degenerate spends money on dyes

I thought Yea Forums would be above those retards too but guess not. I like the JP meta of just be good and don't fuck up.

>everyone should be doing 1k dps respecting the content and playing like boring autists
yes gaijin preasu sucku my dicku hardu

Most western players are there for RP or playing dress up.

>Pantyhose on the new Mogstation glamour
I refuse to believe they finally added something beyond the Lv50 ALC Crafted set. I need to see what they look like without other armor equipped.

We always have, Sky Pirate casting pants.

trannies fuck off and stop spamming Ariyala

>these are the retards that complain about the game

Japan has an advantage of its playerbase all being in the same timezone, all on good internet.

>to try to divide the fanbase.
It's been over 6 years since 1.0 and anyone that gives enough of a shit to defend it most likely stopped playing ARR long ago so there's nothing to really divide in this case

>move behind enemy
>move to the flank of the enemy
Guys...All this positionning is too much work for my brain...MNK is so hard to play...

Why yes, that sounded like exactly what a contrarian would said. I can't give a proper opinion because I didn't get to play it, but something where I can comment are cutscenes, 1.x cutscenes had soul like XI cutscenes did. Almost every single XIV 2.0 and later are so fucking souless and I blame lalafells for this shit.

Do you really believe JP is different? Excuses like always.

WHERE ARE MY WAR BUFFS YOOOOOSHHIHIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAUUUUGGHGH

Attached: axxxe.gif (320x242, 388K)

>literally no tank changes
t-thanks?

Attached: 1559449480350.jpg (432x378, 20K)

you're gonna stay in that shed

NA is full of entitled turbocasuals who literally take "breaks" because eden raids are too fucking hard for them, and while all the retards sperging "muh meta muh parse" aren't exactly the minority they are fucking loud and should learn to play the fucking game before enforcing their meme meta on every single pug group

do they really need any?

i was so excited when i read hagakure was back
yoshi, why
why did you do this
i haven't seen a monkeys paw like this in a while

Attached: 1542454309576.png (482x427, 213K)

Bosses aren’t dummies. They constantly spin around to do their mechanics, drop AoEs around them all the time and force you to their flanks/rear because of mechanics.

Not him but I'd like more MP gain on DRK, but whatever

>I can't give a proper opinion because I didn't get to play it but just let me attempt to give an opinion on something I never played
it figures the faggots defending 1.23b are people who never even touched it and therefore are incapable of knowing how truly shit the game actually was. the only good thing about your post was that you were dumb enough to out yourself.

If they did that people wouldn't get past enrages so stop being retarded.

I don't get the obsession with parsing outside of just making sure you're doing enough damage to pass a fight

What's wrong with it?

Fucking this. Who cares about meta if you are a shit/mediocre player. Get gud before talking about metas.

I'm hurting myself by playing errandboy simulator. I entered heavensward expansion and currently on cloud map. When will this shit end bros? I can't take it anymore......

Attached: 1540625496224.jpg (512x384, 19K)

>I can't give a proper opinion because I didn't get to play it
You literally just invalidated you're entire argument right there, you can't fucking argue that was "better" if you haven't played it you contrarian faggot.

MNK's, though I do not play your job, I will still cheer for your success this day.

Attached: 1533758743862.jpg (1417x772, 433K)

BUT my point still stands and to be frank they dont even tell you that anywhere on the store. im sick of all these fucking expensive ass cosmetics in a fucking subbed game. $18 dollars for an outfit? this is exactly what blade and soul did.

i fucking hate modern video game companies

WAR needs a -very- slight buff, like 20 potency added to their fell cleave or something.

DRK needs to be changed so that they're no longer the only tank whose low cooldown mitigation (TBN/Heart Of Stone/Sheltron/Raw Intuition) hurts them if used improperly. None of the other tanks have possible drawback for using their mitigation abilities.

>and I blame lalafells for this shit
FFXI had Tarutarus and 1.0 had Lalafells.

>though i do not have your sex drive, i will still cheer for you fucking my wife

The absolute state of NINs

Get over it pussy, we all had to go through that shit. Plus it's not even that bad in Heavensward.

>BUT my point still stands
No
It doesn't

Attached: 1556816985924.jpg (455x1024, 85K)

>hagakure is bandwagoner/pleb filter
New hagakure is good

whoa Lyse is a Dancer!?

Attached: 1549005261782.png (1685x1080, 1.86M)

>DRK needs to be changed so that they're no longer the only tank whose low cooldown mitigation (TBN/Heart Of Stone/Sheltron/Raw Intuition) hurts them if used improperly. None of the other tanks have possible drawback for using their mitigation abilities.
It's also not a coincidence TBN is basically stronger low cooldown mitigation right now.
Do you you want it turned into boring 25 sec CD mitigation CD like other tanks'?

literally just don't buy the mogstation shit. most of it fucking sucks anyways.

t. been subbed since ARR and never bought a single mount, outfit, or other cosmetic off the cash shop

>talk about game
>thread gets deleted
nice

Attached: chrome_2019-07-25_01-57-36.png (223x177, 62K)

IVE WAITED ALL NIGHT REEEEEEEEEEE

>WHEN
>FUCKING
>WHEN?!?

Attached: monkey_doesnt_play_nice.jpg (678x678, 72K)

What point? The instant you were BTFO your point dissolved. You don't even play the game. Fuck off.

Can you fuckers stop spamming, have one general on Yea Forums

Shuffle?

TBN should be a damage gain if you actually break it, but they won't do it because then it'd make the shitters feel bad with their grey parses.

>started leveling DRG
I get that comic now :)

>WAR needs a -very- slight buff, like 20 potency added to their fell cleave or something.
No it doesn't

>Why yes, that sounded like exactly what a contrarian would said. I can't give a proper opinion because I didn't get to play it
So your literally arguing something was better without having even played it? Oh but the cut scenes were good, something you got to watch on youtube like a 12 year old, without anything else related to the game attatched to it so that justifies the truly abominable game play right?

Attached: o3-h4ZnR_400x400.jpg (400x400, 27K)

XIV is the worst FF
>Literally every dungeon is a hallway with ironclad linearity
>Literally every boss is just a dude in a circular arena
>Everything related to PvP is shit
>Open world zones are tiny, empty, have nothing going on, and are separated by loading screens
>Zero player choice in character building (stat/skill choice, talents, gear choice, etc)
>Gear is universally boring (No gear sets, no unique effects, etc)
>Classes are completely amateurish in their design (combos that only exist to be done in perfect sequence, two separate abilities like Demon SSlice > demon Slaughter that could be done with a single proc, etc)
>Boring questing with awful instancing, unlike TESO/GW2/etc with unique instanced zones only for questing
>Over-complicated crafting which is ultimately just as meaningless as WoW's because it only exists to make catch-up gear and consumables
>Shitty graphics looks worse than early PS3 games
>Barely any voice acting
>Worse than PS2 tier animation
>Constant dissonance between gameplay and narrative
>Extremely unpolished
>Shit just fades in or out on screen, no actual animation to make it feel like a believable world being interacted with
>Shit MMO hotbar "gameplay"
>Empty areas with nothing to do
>Tons of immersion and lore breaking, inconsistencies, retcons, asspulls and other generic shounen tier shit
>Nonsense lore and garbage forgetable characters that no one even knows the names of

XIV is trash and it needing 4 fucking expansions of backstory, lore, development etc just to lead to ShB just makes it worse. Not a single person who jumped straight to ShB has said its good, the only people shilling it pretending ShB is good are XIV fags who've been subbed to it for 6+ years and have stockholm syndrome for pouring 6 years of their life and money investment of hundreds of dollars into into it. Yoshida said you could jump right into ShB but NOPE, please pour 300 hours of your life into shit just to get to more shit.

Wow is shit too

Attached: 1562856436711.webm (872x488, 2.73M)

>we need more room for twitter screencap threads

BARRY ARE YOU OK?
BARRY ARE YOU OK?
BARRY ARE YOU OK?
BARRY ARE YOU OK?

Mom, he posted it again!

Delirium and BW have to be changed and that'd make DRK fine for me.

I've seen people here complain about gold metallic dye glams in the past.
I want to clear something up.
When I dress as a golden frog it's not because I think it looks aesthetically pleasing, I'm doing it to let you know I have $5 to waste on this shit at a moment's notice.
It's a way to dab on poorfags in-game.
It's not about looking good, it's about letting people know you wasted money.

how would it not? if it wasnt market prohibited that would be a way to exchange dollars to gil. alot of f2p MMO's do this.

>he fell for the "it gets better in Heavensward" meme

Laughable. HW doesn't get "good" until The Aery, which is a little more than halfway through the expansion. Even then, I'd argue the game doesn't become mechanically complex/engaging until The Vault, or even the final trial.

Plus, most jobs are just plain unfun to play before they get their full 60 kits, some even as far as 70.

Have we done it NINbros? Are we out of the shed?

Attached: ninbros.png (584x119, 4K)

lol didn't even level it to 70

Attached: 1543340699510.gif (480x270, 1.64M)

5 kenki per sen instead of 20

What's with the nostalgia threads for vanilla ffxiv all of a sudden.

clips.twitch.tv/DaintyProudQueleaFrankerZ

Lyse is a slut

Why do you attach this webm every time?

see

And FFXIV doesn't so your point is worthless?

It literally says it in the news post you fucking idiot.

you can get all the dyes that are on the MogStation for free in game you fucking mongoloid.

don't you have a WoWthread to be posting in? Ion will be angry if you forget to log in and do your Mechagon dailies

>less dps than pld/gnb
>worse utility than pld/gnb
>Mitigation on par with GNB/DRK

why bring war to anything?

I will never go away.

That's all I fucking wanted, now SCH is whole again.

>WAR should be below PLD in dps despite having less utility than PLD

Oh right, I forget WAR should get an extra utility so everyone can scream over that instead lol

Attached: 1564418514567.jpg (783x590, 82K)

Am I complete

Attached: 1490820196541.jpg (189x264, 8K)

incredibly based and redpilled post

all I can say is, thank f*ck for Classic WoW soon

>that's why you should adjust them every couple patches instead of having them be garbage at start and only messuring up to be about equal at the very end when we're already about to get ready for everything to change again in 6.0. Just doesn't make sense to me.
What? No.
Fuck that. Absolutely fuck that.
You do not want a spell that arbitrarily grows weaker over time like that, that's cancer game design.
Never make suggestions like this ever again.

While I'm not saying AST is perfect I agree with what Square is trying to do. It's better to undertune the job and have it grow stronger than to overtune it and then nerf it. Nobody enjoys being nerfed. People dislike being nerfed more than they enjoy being buffed. It is to be avoided.

Tranny are you OK

because it's generic ff14 """""gameplay""""""

lolololol

Attached: 1539070503168.png (1798x958, 221K)

Bro...

Attached: 1559753480859.jpg (520x678, 69K)

The game used to be mechanically complex before the newer expansions. ShB gutted so much.

>200 DPS increase
It's like Yoshi P hates NIN

Attached: 1493418713020.png (423x280, 125K)

Warrior is fine, it can still tank.

Attached: 1536604822150.jpg (2039x2894, 2.61M)

Joking aside isn't this like one of your most cast spells?
That's a sizeable buff all things considered.

If anything this webm shows how good NIN is. There is nothing like this in wow.

>quit after Ultimate burnout
>ShB is out
>i'll just do MSQ and stop
>i'll just do EX trials and stop
>i'll just do normals and stop
>maybe I should do savage
I think I'm being sucked in. Enjoying MCH so much.

>even FFXIV has a retarded brand of classifags

It's literally better since Ikishoten still exists.

Why does nero start air guitaring sometimes when you taunt

Cause you got an S rank

Gotta force those western goys to buy the jump pots somehow.

Nope. It's one user and LARPers.

Should I get MCH to 80 or farm for tomes for my level 80s?

I don't know either because it looks more fun than the XV posts of press O to teleport.

this point: and actually i do. why are you so upset? why are ffxiv fags so defensive lmao.

It's stylish.

Not an argument.

5.1 is where the real buffs come.

Attached: 1561564979809.png (405x532, 209K)

When is game up?

It's one user that's asleep and a bunch of blizzshills RPing like they actually played it.

Why MCH?

>Riddle of Fire
>The effect "increases weaponskill recast time by 15%" has been removed.
>Damage increase reduced from 30% to 25%.
What's the point in using Riddle of Wind now?

>3 sen for 15 kenki is better
fucking idiot

The way it's right now means AST's rDPS is garbage at the start of an expansion and then slowly grows stronger until being onpar at the end. That is absolutely horrible design.

No ranged DPS atm and I want a robot.

user...

the point is spot on but it just doesn't apply to xiv.

you guys are dense..

I like MCH because I like guns and robot shit.

Attached: 1523924181641.jpg (958x614, 69K)

It's about sen management.

WAR is fine

Attached: EAsiiMbW4AAW-6G.png (328x153, 11K)

Are the crafted set stats mined?

Attached: 1563043732154.png (820x752, 764K)

This is your average MNK player

?

MCH is really fun, I say go for it

nigger no one cares if you dislike the game, I dislike ASSFAGGOTS but there's no point in going into threads and copypastaing some shitty argument to people who thoroughly enjoy the game.

>bottom half
>fine

>being able to manipulate your Sen on a 5 second cooldown

It provides the functionality that was stripped while Ikishoten provides the DPS that was lost.

Exactly the same thing happened to AST, the regen potency was taken out of Collective Unconsciousness and given to Celestial Opposition instead. Now you have two buttons that were previously one so you can use them both together to replicate the old effect or use them separately which is probably more beneficial in the long run.

Except Bard.

I don't play MNK.

Here is someone first time fighting Omega in XV and it taking over 50 minutes despite the party in magitek suits which is the only way to prevent them from dying constantly and even then can only be used effective for 30 minutes a day
youtu.be/tfoQM6jNhW0

Meanwhile Omega in 14 entire guide has less than fighting Omega the first time in XV, fighting omega in ff14 now for the first time when starting FF14 in 2019 now takes less than 45 minutes and is just hotbar autobattle spam

Only AFTER you learn the fight in XV can you beat it faster

yes, docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ENQ57qfw03yQfNTSEk_Zoe7XswRaN8dwk9DblZdhe6Y/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
They're called facet

>GUYS WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS P2W BULLSHIT IN FFXIV HOW DO YOU GUYS DEFEND THIS
>it's not p2w
>WELL OTHER GAMES DO IT

Why the fuck did you even bring it up in the first place. God you're actually mentally deficient

So you're trying to argue a point that doesn't relate to FFXIV in any way, shape or form in a FFXIV thread... because?

Attached: 4234235.jpg (800x450, 101K)

you do know that riddles don't change your stance now right?

>because it's generic ff14 """""gameplay""""""
that looks fun and fast-paced though

i don't get it

Attached: 1523904766804.png (653x704, 283K)

The Tanks are the closest they've ever been, WAR is absolutely fine

But you can still tank user. You can still keep aggro and survive tank busters.

Why would the beginner tank need buffs? Warrior is perfectly fine.

Attached: 1552983532544.jpg (1000x1527, 328K)

this
IT MUST BE ABOVE EVERYONE AGAIN OR WE'RE SHEDDED
FIX IT NOW

BRD is fine.

>17 DPS difference
A BLOO BLOO BLOO

That's fine but they should just buff their personal DPS. Combust is still a fucking joke.
Actually I'm amazed it wasn't touched at all in this patch.

All of the tanks DPS are close enough to the point where it shouldn't even be used as a factor in the jobs effectiveness in comparison to the others.

Tanks are more balanced then SB do you want Yoshi P to fix them like he tried to fix healers?

Attached: 1560368405015.png (428x589, 199K)

is it 13 mins til servers go up or do we have another hour still

WARfags upholding their reputation once again

It's a bit clunky.

nigger the difference between the highest tank and the lowest tank is 170, that's pretty fucking great all things considered
>WAR does 60 less dps than PLD
have fucking sex, that's literally a non issue

Damn I didn't know that, thanks!

>Teleporting actually requires targetting, spatial awareness, positioning and warpstrikeable weapons which requires triangle, R1, L stick for movement and R for camera, plus Dpad to set the weapon of choice which then will consume MP

>hotbar mmo cooldown requires nothing but cooldowns which is less gameplay that making a post on fucking Yea Forums then waiting for the cooldown on the post timer

>bosses should be yiazmat style hp sponges
>shitter thinks you just "autobattle" in ffxiv
cringe

Have the stats required been mined?

Eat my ass 14troon

>Yoshi P listen to WAR cucks' whining
>completely fucks them over to the point of them being unplayable because WARs are babies
>every post about WAR is instantly deleted from the OF
A man can dream.

you fucks really are as bad as SCH players

I always wondered what the people in those ruffled tranny skirts looked like.
I'm not too surprised.

Should be 13 min. That being said, usually by now the serves are already up (always a bit earlier than scheduled) and the fact that's not so doesn't look good.

LMAO ok bro XV Omega is way harder than O12s bro yeah okay.

DUDE
This is parsefags central. If 0000,2 > 0,0001 that means 0,0001 is F TIER LOW DPS GARBAGE

>when SE makes a 4th healer, healers will be at an all time homogenity. AST is to DRK as WHM is to WAR now. GNB will be the new job, complex satisfying healer but abit too busy. PLD will be SCH, untouched and good to go.

It's like you just saw the placement and not the actual numbers

it looks neither of those
it looks automated and braindead because that's all 14 is
because MMOs are trash without real gameplay

And shit.

And you stay seething mad that people will enjoy XIV and continue supporting it.

>beginner tank
>implying tanks are complex

Cute. Why should PLD be top tank dps with most utility?

yeah what was I thinking, press O to teleport is way more engaging than anything XIV has ever presented to me in the hundreds and hundreds of hours ive played

>usually by now the serves are already up (always a bit earlier than scheduled)
Never for shit like savage, ultimate and housing.

>Grade 2 Tincture
Seriously? They did this already?

It's just a warfag being a faggot

all you do in 14 is hotbar cooldowns
thats literally 100% of what you do

all tanks are now are blue DPS none are hard

Attached: 1491343862716.gif (488x288, 272K)

No wonder you're a warrior main.

Attached: 1554671760011.jpg (600x522, 24K)

This honestly looks like shit. It looks so fucking boring.

>all this damage control
WAR and DRK are shit. Face it.

yeah he is when fighting it the first time when starting the game this year

baned 10 seconds beore savage

Attached: 1449339504210.jpg (251x242, 17K)

>not knowing what a meta troll is

Attached: dumb.png (645x729, 50K)

no one enjoys 14

Attached: lolome.jpg (706x347, 113K)

but keeping aggro was hard user

I mean you could cut down TBN's cost a bit and change BW a bit, maybe give it some extra MP gain so it can use edge more often, but I'm mostly fine with DRK right now.

>all you do in 14 is hotbar cooldowns
i didn't know you posted on Yea Forums, darkmatter

>killed omega in about 40 minutes after a few tries at seeing what hit him harder
>did the fight solo with horrible gear and without the cheat armor
>never even had the upgrade to the armiger
People who have never tried to kill superbosses need not apply. Fucking casuals, I swear. Fuck his instant kill misiles though

I want to watch prog but the only options are
>Shitty metal music
>Insanely loud Asian man
>Mr happy

I might as well watch fucking tate at this point.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

PLD still has the weakest self mitigation (albeit by a smaller margin than in sb) and both of pld's party mitigation skills have extra usage requirements (correct positioning if you want to use wings without losing uptime, predicting healer gcds for party shield). pld is also not top dps among tanks, that's gunbreaker.

You posted a job that has a bunch of positionals, what a bad choice for your argument

????

Attached: file.png (1351x495, 137K)

>gonna join a pf for e1s so I can see the mechanics a bit
>static doesn't raid till wed
I swear to god if these randoms accidentally clear

The solution is to just DO prog

>O
>Teleport
Attack is on O retard

>Teleporting actually requires targetting, spatial awareness, positioning and warpstrikeable weapons which requires triangle, R1, L stick for movement and R for camera, plus Dpad to set the weapon of choice which then will consume MP

>hotbar mmo cooldown requires nothing but cooldowns which is less gameplay that making a post on fucking Yea Forums then waiting for the cooldown on the post timer

nothing about 14 has been or ever will be engaging or have any semblance of gameplay

you don't even have a dodge or manual blocks or actual combos or aerials, all 14 is is hotbar autobattle cutscenes on cooldowns

Aren't there quiet japanese ones out there you can watch?

>get called out for being wrong
>b-but i was kidding!

This is pathetic. Stop.

Attached: 1563296806161.jpg (480x281, 16K)

I'd rather they change how Delirium works and make BW go back to how it was in SB/HW, but have it apply to magic as well.
I'd rather have Delirium reduce the cost of stuff like Bloodspiller and Quietus to 20 and maybe shorten TBNs CD during that time. If potency needs to be nerfed I'd take it.

Seething 1.Xfags are rewriting history now that the game was doing fine, huh. Somehow doubt that any of you even played the game past the first free month given what a dumpster fire state it was in.

Attached: 1505736745886.png (259x286, 162K)

>blizzard drones are so dumb they're scorebombing the complete edition

how you hanging in there pug bros?

Attached: 1456597262295.jpg (914x1091, 87K)

DRK here, I don't give a shit about dps, but I will whine and bitch until SE gets their head unplugged from their ass and makes the class fun again. If I'm lucky I'll get what I want in a lifetime or two.

I'm at work.

I did know all ff14trannies were retarded.

>tfw still not sure whether tanks or healers are the chads

Attached: 1557523567688.jpg (184x273, 13K)

Not really, being a pug bitch makes me indecisive about what I want to play so I end up sticking to nothing.

I just don't think healers in XIV are used to actually have any real pressure. Any time they need to actually put in a little bit of effort in dungeons because the tank is new to it instead of running in synced gear they throw a fucking bitch fit. Meanwhile DPS players are used to get aneurisms in Ex content because they need to have perfect complex rotations while avoiding all the AoEs. Healers are pampered pussies. The only fun runs I've had as healer are the ones where DPS players make a lot of mistakes forcing me to heal more often, if everyone is doing well and barely taking any damage it's just a snoozefest

Stop watching streams at work and do your job, wagie

Attached: 1542298906162.jpg (250x250, 6K)

does arthras have bipolar?

>PLD
>top DPS
In sims vs targets that don't move or attack, numbnuts.

t. freestyle sam

Attached: jcouTube.jpg (1317x875, 350K)

how old is she anyways

Attached: hard.jpg (834x719, 89K)

>I'd rather have Delirium reduce the cost of stuff like Bloodspiller and Quietus to 20
It'd just make it worse then, because then you'd be stockpiling 100 blood just for your Delirium window

I get paid Salary but I have a meeting later, cant really leave until after that.

Gatherers.

Attached: 1535772523313.jpg (476x600, 48K)

>People review bombed ShB so it didn't have a 9+ user score anymore
That's funny as shit
metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers/user-reviews?sort-by=score&num_items=100&dist=negative

Pretty torn about the tank changes honestly, despite having 4 tanks this is pretty damn close to perfect balance with only some minor tweaks maybe, at the very least all tanks are 100% viable and are shinning unlike in SB. But it was at the cost of a lot of simplification and homogenization between the 4 jobs. I'm happy but part of me wonders if there could have been another way.

Attached: 1537762833229.jpg (600x459, 64K)

how convenient that 9 of the user score on there are all negative with no reviews.

Dumbass, why do you think I'm posting a WHM picture with those posts?

Everything I said was said to WHMs back on SB despite SB WHM being on the same situation of current WAR. "It's fine, it can clear content and it's easy so it shouldn't be buffed" despite having no rdps just like war.

>user score
lmaoing @ your life

proc hotbar aoe is not actual action based positioning reacting to 1:1 enemy actions against your own defensive options

Not sure why you're bringing up XV but whatever man

nope

Really. I'm surprised also, and slightly made since I make a stack of 1's for prep.

You're posting this in a thread of people who play the game. Who are you trying to fool?

>Mostly reused music with very slight differences. New tracks mostly does not fit the scene and environment. The quest complete sound effect is horrifying.

Attached: 1538541738488.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

posting on Yea Forums has as much "gameplay "as "playing" ff14

I'm starting to worry about extended maintenance bros...

>claims that no one likes the game
>users like the game
>that doesn't count though
nigger

Stop replying to Barry.

Enough.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.47M)

how convenient that hundreds of the positive 14 scores have no reviews

i am the god of seething and i bring you... SEETHING

Attached: d0911a82975702f769c5d99b05eec293.jpg (1600x1200, 99K)

Never works

Homogenization is the death of MMOs. I'll gladly take unique classes over balanced ones (though ideally you'd have both). If you have to choose, just make everything at least viable and fuck balance.

Speaking of quest complete, what the fuck is the quest accept noise? I can only hear Metalman's Stage.

In the same boat, I crafted a fuck load for my main class. Whatever, grade 1 are still pretty good.

>I'm happy but part of me wonders if there could have been another way.
Yes. Go back to the fun but imbalance when jobs had personality. Just take a look at modern WoW and you can see that homogenization leads to imminent ruin, always.

>clinging to the less than 20 tranny gaymin paid reviews as if that's an indication of fan reception

I'm still confused as to what Barry's problem with other FF games is. Is he only allowed to like XV or Tabata beats him when he gets home?

Nigga no one is even hating on XV, I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish.

Attached: MrHappyDestroyerofhisownReputation.png (1902x395, 83K)

yeah and xv is even more boring

is better

IT'S UP

>Homogenization is the death of MMOs
Wrong.

>DUDE ITS A REFEFENCE ITS FUNNY

What's actually funny is how you're sperging out.

SERVER UP
NOT A DRILL

Live next to a server or get fucked. And good luck getting anything to align properly.

They're both groups of morons who think they have the most responsibility and difficulty in fights when they actually have the easiest roles and mechanics, and feel entitled because of it. Healers more than tanks though.

The only chads are the DPS players who actually know their rotations well or tanks who realizes their job is easy but still like doing it

wow posting on Yea Forums is playing ff14?
no wonder you spend so much time here instead of there since posting on Yea Forums has as much "gameplay" as ff14 does

thanks for posting it user

servers up btw

Why does this games success make so many people angry?

Attached: 1549127587843.jpg (2000x2734, 3.69M)

T. ranny

>no jumping
>no autoattack
>all attacks require your TP bar to slowly fill
>no chocobos
>no primals
>your XP gain was slowed or even stopped if you played too much with the fatigue system ensuring you can't actually play the game more than what they considered casual players.
>only content is leves which you could only stack up to 8 and they recharged every 2 days, and you couldn't see what they were until you accepted them and couldn't abandon them if you got a bad one, and behests which spawned randomly at 30 minute intervals
>there wasn't even ANY sidequests, just the main quest and levequests/behests
>didn't even get instanced dungeons until 1.8.
>no marketbords or search system only way to buy anything was to hunt down retainers in random city market zones
>1.0 had a teleport currency called anima that recharged 1 anima every 4 hours, it took 16 hours to teleport once.
>maps were massivley just copypasted twisted hallways. Black Shroud was a fucking nightmare of repetitve twisty hallways.
>user interface was server side instead of client side so if there was server lag you couldn't open any ui element, including the element to close the game
>there were flowerpots in every city with the polygon count of players, causing performance to chug in cities.

When do the servers go live?

says the snoozefest mmo cooldown simulator defender

>servers are down
>"why arent you playing"
What a faggot

>More gibberish

You're right.
This is a drill

Attached: file.png (56x59, 8K)

k. go hang out in your almost at the bump limit XV thread because its such a cool game.

wait, I cant find it

>everything i don't like is a tranny
based and insanepilled

2 minutes ago.

Perhaps "undeath" would be more fitting? The game lives on, but as an unfun husk of its former self. You're welcome to provide an example of when an MMO homogenized its classes and became better for it.

It's a mystery.

>1.0 had a teleport currency called anima that recharged 1 anima every 4 hours, it took 16 hours to teleport once
This is a good thing because it made you actually engage with the world instead of teleporting everywhere.

>1.0 had a teleport currency called anima that recharged 1 anima every 4 hours, it took 16 hours to teleport once.
Teleport function sounds good. Really I want world outside being alive. Teleportation is cancer

>Currently in que:850
Fuck this game

>mmo not give me instant gratification it baaadddd
yikes

It's what he does he jumps on the hot shit
>KH3
>DMC5
Now XIV cuz it just had it's most popular expac drop and is at the height of it's current player base. Any game that gets popular and people dare think it's better then the trash fire of XV and Barry will be there. He doesn't even play the games he just shitposts then leaves.

Seriously, everyone keeps crying about stuff like dragoon and bard being too useful of a combo thanks to their skill and pierce synergies, and their solution is to remove that uniqueness instead of making other classes have more synergy with eachother

People are too obsessed with metas

>success
>less than 3k views
what success?
less than 20 reviews from trannies that poured 6 years of their lives into it?

Its because its definitely Barry, aka XV-kun, getting mad no one cares about his game that released 4 years ago anymore, and when people do talk about it, its generally in a negative light.
He gets autistic and hates other SE games that do better then his precious XV despite the games being from the same company.

>be ffxiv
>be good but still flawed mmo
>somehow all critics manage to come off as completely insane and unhinged
>this actually just makes the game look better
lol

Barry is just mad because he thinks no FF game should get more praise than XV

Fuck

>>no primals
There were, but you fought waves of enemies instead of the primals themselves. That is, until later on in the game's lifespan.

I'd respond to more, but considering you have a combination of shit from launch and further down the line, I'm pretty sure you're not interested.

1.0 was an absolute piece of shit. At the time it was announced, i was killing dark ixion in Grauberg [S] and I remember my entire linkshell exploded on ventrillo.

"omg, it literally looks like XI-2!!!"
Everyone was hyped as fuck.

Then the alpha was released and the mood changed drastically. It was not fun to play at all, and you needed the best PC possible to run it at acceptable frames.

We all gave it the benefit of the doubt and jumped into the beta when that was released, but yet again it was a fucking mess.

When 1.0 actually came out and it was still unplayable garbage, my entire linkshell of about 25 people all dropped that shit and went straight back to XI.

The game was a total failure. It didn't even fucking work properly. I don't know your idea of fun, but mine isn't waiting 5 seconds for a menu to open.

Posts like these are 100% bait. Only a literal retard could actually like 1.0

>he Can't even play his cooldown simulator that he paid for

OH NO NOOOO

Attached: 1545247597629.png (200x313, 94K)

I have 85 ping and I do well.

Any Exodus bros here?

Attached: 1558760658593.jpg (640x583, 65K)

when this community spergs out for years over all jobs needing to be equal pdps+rdps and equally desirable this is the result
stormblood launch was when i realized they're never going to make sweeping changes to the battle system or introduce new and unusual mechanics

What the hell is 'Insatiable'? A new track?

When are they going to give me the fucking beehive track? it's been in the game for years and it's one of the best sounding things in it

I'll never get tired of zoomers implying that Twitch veiwership has anything to do with a game's success or not.

Attached: 1560612280732.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

>could have had a BLU tank with maces to synergize with MNK
>lol NOPE

wow so much ShB discussion in this thread about 1.0

Queues...

1.0 had actuall plump butts and belt armor, NOTHING clipped with anything and all races had perfectly realistic and fitting armor

ARR is anime wow garbage

Inb4 "but wow has more"

Attached: 1536997995458.png (589x616, 676K)

You deluded to believe that unbalanced garbage = fun. Not it's not. Archives are great proof. No one likes unbalanced mess.
>2001 MMO
>unbalanced garabge
>everyone and you complains about unbalanced garabge
>people leave because of unbalanced garabge
>2019
>unbalanced garabge was fun I swear!

Hell yeah, brother. What's up?

Attached: 312312415.jpg (908x763, 408K)

Jumping is literally pointless unless you're platforming, which is not necessary in an MMO. 1.18+ FFXIV was pretty fun, speedrunning Aurum Vale was an enjoyable difficulty. But then again I still play FFXI to this day, so zoomers clearly have a different idea of what makes an MMO fun.

Attached: 8-95.gif (100x99, 15K)

Nice try KH tranny but only KH fags tried to shit on DMC5 and force a rivalry, it's obvious it was you since you're the only one that keeps pushing that

People always take the path of least resistance. Look at vanilla wow pservers for data here. Any class and spec in the game is "viable" and can clear content, but some are so much better and some are so much worse the players will gravitate to or avoid or even reject certain specs from end game content even if they can do it.
Good luck playing an oomkin in raids.

This thread is mess now. AU/RU times?

>cant even beat wow
yikes

Not really, its just that most the shit that you would point to is shit that eventually got fixed after yoshi-p took over. it was deeply flawed, tedious, and laden with ways to restrict people from playing the game they bought and no amount of rose colored tanaka glasses is ever going to make 1.0 a good game.

sick deflect. critical hit! xd

no
just ff14 deserves no praise at all

>When are they going to give me the fucking beehive track?
It already exists. It's called Game Theory, purchasable for MGP.

>He doesn't even play the games he just shitposts then leaves.
Truly a fate worse than death.

Attached: 1537056327164.jpg (704x396, 41K)

Agreed, 2.0 had a lot of necessary changes but they could keep SOME of the """inconvenient"""" stuff. While waiting for queue I like to walk around in old areas and while they're comfy they're so empty. I'd also like it if you had to queue for instances outside of the instance entrance instead of just doing it in a menu from anywhere. Eorzea desperately needs to feel more alive

Nothing man, I just hear mixed opinions on Exodus and that Ultros was where the real nigga shit was at. Kinda made me skeptical about my choice in server since nothing really stands out here, but I'm already almost lvl 70 so it's too late to swap now.

Attached: 1366752688788.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

I fucking hate KH dude i think the game is for literal man children who don't realize it's as bad as it is. But everyone knows who you are Barry you don't fool anyone nowadays. I was there in the DMC5 threads when you tried to falseflag shit. I have no idea what you attempt to accomplish with this, you're definitely making people hate XV more then the probably would otherwise.

>But then again I still play FFXI to this day, so zoomers clearly have a different idea of what makes an MMO fun.
I'm not zoomer but I hate XI. It's not fun. Ultima and Runescape are fun.

implying it doesnt

FF14 active sub count only in 2019 hit 1m, meaning since 2013 it has never hit 1m active subs

>every class becomes the same with different skill FX
>everything you actually enjoyed about the class pruned because it was too hard to balance
>"You think you enjoyed it, but you didn't"
Yeah, nah, fuck off until you can provide an actual example, cunt.

Well okay. Neither does FFXV

Isn't it just the triple triad music?

Seems like you guys are trying to commandeer an actual shitpost thread and everyone else is logging in.

Game just came out of maintenance, give it some time.

Attached: 1549779220644.png (772x314, 414K)

I am glad these XIV threads now only have 3 different conversations after so many threads: parseniggers, reviews and twitch views being legit metric for success and Barry. These threads should just be stopped for a week so people can cool the fuck off.

Attached: 1553280054414.png (245x204, 86K)

dilate

Are you fucking kidding me? Holy goddamn shit. For the Eternal Bonding ceremony it was called The Twelfth Bell, I've been keeping my eye open for that for fucking ever, since Hall of the Novice. I feel like an idiot now but at least my journey is over; good shit man, thanks.

>guy with a sword and shield does the highest dps
explain this

You're not doing well unless you're getting 5 heat blasts while weaving a gauss/rico between each of them.

Yeah, Ultros seems to be where most of my PF members are coming from.

I've been on Exodus since I started back in ARR. It's alright, I haven't really had any issues, but I also don't have any attachment. They need to start adding more preferred worlds on NA, I'd probably just end up switching for the double exp.

Are you just now getting into Shadowbringers?

Duty Finder and basically infinite teleports really make the XIV overworld pretty pointless now. They'd save so much money if they just turned the game into hub areas without bothering with the overworld that is only busy during new content. It gets really fucking depressing when there's only a handful of people out in a sprawling zone. Completely fucking frivolous because instant gratification is cancer.

I am doing that.

Attached: 1498794106134.png (666x666, 615K)

lol

>everything you actually enjoyed about the class pruned because it was too hard to balance
Purge exist to prevent skill bloat. If you want pretend that you play high IQ game play EVE. EVE interface alone will scare your big boss.

Nice try you falseflagging cunt, your whole schtick is to pretend you're against the thing you're trying to shill just so you can attack XV by pitting it against other games, YOU were the one trying to falseflag shit, it was so fucking obvious the KH shill aka you was trying to pin any shitposting against DMC5 on your boogeyman

How the fuck do you get a multifaceted alchemic?

Do you hit the 6th GCD after in wildfire? not another heat blast but just another GCD? If so congrats you're r2g on MCH.

to bad it has more than 14 ever will

DAoC

The battlehall music yeah, not the actual game music

I believe I can hit the 6th GCD, I am actually unsure. I actually have been thinking about it a lot if I am hitting it or not.

They should do the opposite and make the overworld actually worth exploring. I remember when I first started playing that I was exploring the entire map hoping to find a treasure chest or something. These days I just fly over undiscovered points on the map to get the exp/achievement because those 'hidden'/niche places serve literally no purpose.

Spamming LFG/LFM for hours jsut to finish one shitty dungeon (out of 100 runs) is not great. Especially in game where dungeons designed for leveling up.

I'm trying to get a better grasp on this. In what sort of scenarios would dumping Sen into Kenki at this exchange rate be useful?
I can only think of two:
1- If you have 3 Sen at the start of an AOE pull and don't want to Midare Setsugekka one of the targets.
2- You desperately need 5/10 more Kenki for Hissatsu: Gyoten in situations when you can't Enpi (which doesn't seem likely to me).

Attached: 1561075537607.jpg (1200x900, 155K)

>History Revisionists acting like their understanding of fun is any better than another person's whilst lying to themselves about the state of FFXIV 1.x

Do you honestly think Square Enix literally apologized for the game for no reason? You can find 1.x nostalgic, fun, or whatever the fuck you want, but you have to be a complete blind retard to honestly think the game was received well. But go ahead and and get your dopamine from lying on a chinese imageboard so you can avoid liking something even remotely popular. You sure are cool.

Attached: orange.png (500x345, 94K)

You'd obviously want to still strive for balance (hence why both uniqueness AND balance is ideal), but that balance shouldn't come at the cost of what makes the class fun. Even then, there's tons of people planning to play low-tier specs (such as enhancement shamans and druids in general) in classic despite their weakness simply because they enjoy the class.

I'd prefer that as well, but it's patently obvious they either don't have the skill to make that work out, or the don't have the will. So since they're either incompetent or lazy, might as well just have them shitcan the entire thing, and maybe use that extra time and resources to make other things better.

Oh, actually, there is one thing that I should correct you on.
>>all attacks require your TP bar to slowly fill
That's not true. You had two attacks, white damage attacks (basically auto attacks) and normal skills. Normal skills cost TP, which varied based on the skill. White damage skills didn't cost this.

What both DID cost was Stamina, which was an ATB bar. Each move ate up a chunk of that, so combat was basically using stamina as it came up. The main issue with this is that stamina took about as long as it did for one character in an ATB FF game to recharge, so it was painfully slow to play. Also the last point is a meme, some fags who imported the 1.0 maps found that the flower pot poly count is about 1k. Someone probably has the actual image, I didn't bother saving it. This is, obviously, ignoring that the same flower-pot can be found in ARR today - which has, ironically, a bit more detail.

You are right in that 1.0 is a flawed product. However, I do think that there's aspects of it that XIV today could take from. Going from the normal "the cutscenes!" shlock, XIV could ape the more RPG aspects (class system in particular), as well as dungeon design, some of the more finer crafting details (i.e. crafting mats from NM-like monsters/hunts, dungeons which can be used to make gear), and gearing in general.

I'm towards the backend of Stormblood 3.0. Exodus just seems kinda there, it's like the middle child of Primal servers. Maybe when I start hitting SHB where everyone's at that opinion will change, but community interactions have been milquetoast outside of cross-realm content.

Attached: 1466539559431.gif (232x196, 632K)

ff14 was never good and never will be good

Look at hunts man. Exploration is not possible with all those modern tool. This can be solved by releasing console only MMO. Unironically XIV being console exclusive will bring more classic MMO experience to the table

Great you fixed a single part of Scholar's problems.
Then just give us a Miasma II / Bane type of thing back that's an AoE DoT. Don't care if it's 15 potency, costs 3000 mana and is called Cryfart of Whining Scholar, long as it's a damage over time for bigger pulls.
WHMs have a stun AoE and a damageheal AoE. AST have a ranged AoE and a ground damageheal AoE. We only have a single damage AoE with no special effect.

Attached: 1555604339486.jpg (360x486, 112K)

>BRD gets a "crossbow"
>it's still a bow

What's your name? If you need an extra guy for a dungeon/trial, hit me up. I've got one job of every role up to 80. I'd be more than happy to tank/heal.

Zumbuda Yusef

A lot of the negativity about 1.x is from myopic retards who only know about 1.0, so the issue goes both ways. Launch XIV was unequivocally a piece of shit, I bought the collectors edition and installed it day one full of excitement, played it for about three weeks having very little fun, then just uninstalled it until like 1.3 came out. But those of us who played did see the game making interesting steps, thinking maybe this could exist outside of the WoW mold that every fucking modern MMO cucks to. If those dipshit slants released the game at around 1.17 quality, I imagine XIV now would be quite different, certainly less westernized and safe.

But numbers don't lie, and this version of XIV is very popular with the casuals. I'm genuinely happy for people who like it, but I will always lament what the game could have been, since modern XIV will clearly not be the MMO that breaks us out of this interminable WoW themepark slump the genre has been spinning its wheels in for years now.

Good stuff. I'll be adding you later today

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1537471173379.png (581x318, 344K)

Alright, fair enough points. I'll be honest, I didn't start playing until 2.1, and most of this list is based on memories of what the veterans in my old FC used to complain about and what frustrated the hell out of an irl friend of mine.

While I agree zones could use more incentive to populate them, I don't think restricting teleporting to once a day would be very fun or productive.

brb rolling AST

Do I dare to say, twitchfags BTFO?

Attached: 1551560137779.png (979x319, 486K)

No one will take you seriously because you're 1.0 fag. Your definition of "fun" is not "fun" for normal human beings. You're degenerate who enjoys shit. I bet you will like Drakengard 1 gamepaly too.

Maybe they could boost exp values if you form a party inside your own world, instead of just brainlessly mashing the U key and playing with people from god knows where. Losing leveling inside public zones is the biggest issue, and that won't change anytime soon since Eureka exists.

remove teleportation altogether, add more travel options like more boats, airship rides etc, reduce xp needed for crafters and gatherers to make up for the extra time spent traveling

>Drg chads didn't received nerfs
get fucked sam fags

>twitch numbers

Who cares about twitch?

Attached: Faggot.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

Normies don't want to wait around, even the GCD is too long for some of them. There is no possible way the ADHD addled crowd now will be able to tolerate a ten minute airship ride like FFXI. They'll lose their fucking minds.

DUDE entire xiv population of Yea Forums posters watching how eceleb clear savages now for strats

>"hey man come play with me, I'm in Gridania"
>"Ok cool, I'm in kugane so I'll be there in 2 weeks"

also I'd be pretty pissed if I couldn't have direct access to golden saucer whenever I needed to blow off steam.

The notorious monster shit should've been added to regular zones. Let people level classes in a party in regular zones while also grinding relic gear.

Why would DRG need nerf? If anything I expected BLM to be nerfed, thank god it didn't.

Rate my tastes in jobs i play the most
>MNK
>MCH
>SAM
>every crafter
>every gatherer

>they didn't flip the fights around for savage
I can't wait for super boomer titan

Attached: 1563313577837.png (585x512, 120K)

They wouldn't have to make travel services be anything more than glorified zone change loading screens, just make it like Morrowind where fast travel is limited by different kinds of travel services and where they're able to take you. Teleportation could still exist but not from literally anywhere like it is now.

clips.twitch.tv/SaltySeductiveBillBudBlast

LMFAO

I can't blame you for the flowerpot thing, Yoshida actually reported on that in a GDC conference. I can't speak for his comment about shader code, since we don't have the source, but I will say that current XIV isn't much better than 1.0 in terms of rendering.

>While I agree zones could use more incentive to populate them, I don't think restricting teleporting to once a day would be very fun or productive.
Honestly, I don't either. I'd maybe increase the costs of teleportation, or make it only available to the city-states. Then, I'd have some more open-world content (I, for one, would love open-world dungeons where leves could be done or small mini-hunts). You can easily make worlds feel a lot more connected with simple things like real-time transport, not making things so easy to get around your first time around, a wider range of enemy levels, and getting rid of flying, but they'll never do this.

XIV's primary issue is that the world feels disconnected and "fake". Even if you made it all open world like WoW, it'd feel just as fake. XI did it in 2001, after all. ARR's areas were, as much as people hated on them for being small, really good in this regard: they had a range of levels for most areas, and felt like you had a reason to come back to them later on.

a friend told me his 'second form' has been datamined but i haven't seen it myself

Is that it? Looks easier than WoW.

Why do people say MCH is complicated?

It's not a competition.

Because you have to push buttons fast I guess?

Whatever you have to tell yourself cuck.

MCH is only for people that at the very least know how to change the oil in their own car. Anything less and you're never gonna make it.

Imagine defending this.

mch press many button much fast
it presses buttons a lot which people misinterpret for being some crazy masher but the actual amount of different buttons it presses is extremely low. As soon as you learn the classes 'rotation', which is a very simple, the class plays itself if you smash everything off cooldown and don't press the wrong button.

how are you supposed to succeed without dbm

I haven't played MCH but how is this any different than DRG with it's million OGCD skills?

Realism in games isn't fun

drg has no regular 1.5s GCD spam phase where it has to weave at least a couple of oGCDs in.

NIN, MCH and MNK all have the most actions per minute by a decent margin (can see on fflogs)

Honestly I think it'd be neat if we had some more maps mixed in with the standard 6 per expansion where there wasn't any flying. Not every map needs it.

Say what you want about the grind in eureka, but I spent a lot of time exploring all the eureka maps, on foot, trying to dodge monsters that would kill me and that was probably one of the experiences I'll remember best about ffxiv. except for hydatos, fuck hydatos, that map was just a big empty plain with a river running through it. really killed my exploration boner.

By not being a shitter. Now go back.

>success is twitch views
Absolutely retarded zoomer

>NIN, MCH and MNK
NIN MCH and SMN
Not MNK. But for melee jobs we don't have enough speed stats

>everything is so telegraphed that even a tranny could do it
You don't need DBM.

What's preventing them from making skill speed an useful stat? Just make it affect ogcd abilities as well similar as to how the cooldown for the DoT and the rip and tear combo for GNB works

>Nil (zero) (零) Summoner potency buffs
YOSHIDAAAAAAAAAA

>have highest damage aoe with art of war
>bane was always a shitter trap that was only a gain on two enemies, it just felt good

schs are such babies

They really just need some connecting areas where you can't fly or mount up, kinda like some dungeons in XI. For example, imagine if you had to go through this little vertical valley dungeon to get from Coerthas to the Dravanian Hinterlands, rather than it just being implied. Or if you actually had to go through the Red Labyrinth in Southern Thanalan, or the entire mine in La Noscea. Those areas don't even need to be big - just a small little maze-like area that can be absolutely ignored after your first romp through. Although, that's basically most areas in XIV anyway.

Speaking of Eureka,
>get to hydatos, ready to explore a dangerous map again
>it's just a plain
>complain about it to friends
>"it's fine user, it's just the victory lap"
I didn't like Eureka and that just settled that the dev team had no idea what the fuck they were doing, or what made Eureka fun.

Did egi damage at least get fixed?

no lol

Looks like XV Titan

im fucking cumming

hahahahahahaha no

all heels look like crap because all they do is make your legs look shorter

I'm happy to have it back simply for the Sen dump

Where the fuck are these 1.0 apologist coming from?