Was Metal Gear Solid 4 a good game?

Was Metal Gear Solid 4 a good game?

Attached: zocnwWd6QaWDAtehmYRUqm.jpg (2048x1152, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93-_r0w7ykI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

Yes

Yes

No.

Maybe

good movie

Absolutely yes.

It was pretty good!

Can you repeat the question?

You're not the boss of me!

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

>what do you mean we don't match?
I'd go with no

Discussing this piece of art when it came out was my earliest memories of the internet, good times.

Attached: 662816-926596_20050517_001.jpg (800x1125, 367K)

It was a bad video game.
But it was a good Metal Gear game.

Attached: 1386218002913.png (480x640, 183K)

based

Attached: 563824229289.jpg (720x960, 109K)

What happened to Kojima during the development? this game is easily his weakest game ever, not even PW or V were this bad.

it wasnt terrible, but it wasnt amazing either.

it had some fun fights and locations but overall its just ok.

making Johnny an actual character pissed me off though.

>every scene leading up to and including the wedding
What the fuck was that hack thinking

Attached: 1557898972184.jpg (647x594, 66K)

It's not that anything happened to Kojima exactly. It's just that he never expected MGS to get so huge, he never planned to have this saga. So you get MGS2 which was fine but people still wanted more, so he wanted to take MGS4 and resolve absolutely everything as best he could and give a satisfying ending leaving no loose ends.

Honestly I think he did a pretty good job of that. Some stuff in there wasn't necessary but I still love the ending, but yeah it definitely has more flaws than the first 3.

I think he really didnt want to do it

youtube.com/watch?v=93-_r0w7ykI

Dont remind me

It came out during the start of the HD era and i dont know if its the reason but all the japanese devs were having trouble moving on to the new era.

Am going to replay the series soon, i wonder if i'm going to change my opinion about MGS4 now

MGS Online memories are coming back

You reminded me first, I was perfectly happy with remembering only "what do you mean we don't match???!?!?!??!?" and "naoooooommmmiii" being weird parts of the game.

Naomi was fucking cute, loved her scenes

I think the main running theme I enjoy most about the MGS games is Otacon losing every woman he cares about.

That's sad though bro

based

Attached: ade11e5b2185868964eb8e528de068df.jpg (895x1280, 160K)

>he wanted to take MGS4 and resolve absolutely everything as best he could and give a satisfying ending
Did you even research the development of the game? He fucking loathed working on the game because fans kept sending him death threats for 2

I love how in Rising he's apparently getting a bunch of pussy due to his post-Snake depression, and that none of it satisfy him as Wolf or Naomi did

I tried to marathon the whole series starting from the original Metal Gear, and MGS4 was where I got bored and gave up.
It's badly designed - replacing guard patrol routes with "spawn-death" routes and punishing fast play in a game in a series that was previously borderline-arcade, poorly paced with every last tertiary system to aid getting to the other side of the room, shits needless exposition and hyper-referential dialogue out the ass and ultimately fucking boring.

So I don't know. It's certainly worth playing if you like weird games, I suppose. Or technobabble. Or actually give a shit about the character lore in a series that's painfully obviously making shit up as it goes along.

All i remember is that the whole game was one fucking straight line and i crawled my way through everything with cameo, boss battles were weird and broken and there is a stupid weapon shop that you have access to from the menu and long ass cutscenes and cooking eggs.

No he didn't. You're taking things and then adding onto it making up bullshit. Yes he had a lot of push to make more games and probably got death threats. But the man put effort into the game, and he definitely wanted to just resolve everything which is why we get an explanation for everything. And why he resolves every fucking character he can.

I dont have a problem with the story but half of it was retarded, like says

>And why he resolves every fucking character he can
in the shittiest possible way possible just to say "fuck you, this is what you wanted right? here, take your fucking ending!" to his fans

I enjoyed revising shadow moses, this is the only positive thing i can say.