Imagine playing final fantasy xiv when it is literally just a cheap wow knockoff

Imagine playing final fantasy xiv when it is literally just a cheap wow knockoff

Attached: 1562946422828.png (1360x768, 603K)

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/b6083dbda4e9497698b64163ffc8cee52472b81a
youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg
imgur.com/a/MEiGmjc
imgur.com/a/LOWzMoJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

imagine giving a shit about MMORPGs in the year 2019

So I take it the immaculate janny has been busy again?
Anyway patchnotes are out btw:na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/b6083dbda4e9497698b64163ffc8cee52472b81a

>Form Shift
>The coeurl form bonus "Extends Greased Lightning duration to maximum" has been added.
What's the point of anataman now again?

Attached: THAT'S HIM.webm (852x480, 1.96M)

>SAM are about to rocket past DRG and MNK

WE GOT TOO COCKY DRG BROS!!!!!!

Oh baby the shadowkeeper's armor is in the game now.

Attached: ffxiv_07122019_012739_060.png (1920x1080, 2.51M)

>AST buffs
I knew it'd be worth it sticking with it. Also SCH getting Energy Drain back, I wonder how much of a DPS gain that'll be overall.

Gee, Yoshida, how come Samurai gets TWO expansions?

Attached: file.png (900x1474, 1.8M)

>they didn't touch WHM at all
based yoshi

Attached: 1561607152187.jpg (976x1079, 150K)

they didn't?

>SCH gets energy drain and art of war buffed
>AST gets a good amount of buffs and QoL tweaks
>WHM stays strong
I'm happy with this outcome.

All of the Monk changes are SUPER kneejerk bandaid fixes to all the negative feedback the job got. They are basically just throwing their hands up and going "alright, fuck, we admit we don't know what we're doing with Monk, here just have all this bullshit and we'll try again next expansion".

>Form Shift change
Basically saying they have no idea how to make Greased Lightning maintenance compelling and fun, so now you just have infinite GL. They really opened pandora's box with this one because now they can never remove this effect or Monks will raise hell. They basically just doomed Greased Lightning to be a boring mechanic forever.
>Riddle of Fire change
Admitting they fucked up with the slowdown, but RoF is now just a boring +damage ability, that you always align with Brotherhood. They may as well have just removed it and added the effect to Brotherhood.
>Riddle of Earth
30 seconds of free positionals on a 60 second cooldown, plus True North. Monk now only actually needs to hit positionals

Why is everyone saying AST was buffed? It's shields are used when folks are at max health and the shields all got lowered to half their power.

You could get more out of lightspeed when you had 2 essentials stocked before hitting lightspeed, so that's a nerf too.

Diurnal got buffed, but Noct already had 1 foot in the grave and now Noct is the worst healer stance/mode for a healer in the game. It's better in every way to be in Diurnal stance even with a Whm, you'd only want to be in Noct if there was another Ast and it'd still turn you into a broken healer compared to all others.

Attached: 1555312391649.png (2000x2000, 1.82M)

shield AST was garbage anyway, the only good shields AST had were the incidental ones on its oGCDs which are to be used for healing, not shielding.

Noct has always been worse than stacking diurnal unless you literally needed the shields to survive raidwide damage.

>SCH healing is busted
>lets make AST healing busted
Another raid content with trivilised healing checks again because some idiot couldn't take one look at sacred soil and realise this isn't okay, now its the standard for what oGCD healing will be compared to.

>Hagakure's back
I'm gonna fucking nut

wow I kinda wanna play monk now with all of those changes

>They could've made FFXI-2 or kept updating XI for modern hardware
>Instead they made an abortion of aWoW clone after killing XI
Still mad

Healing should be oGCD primarily with only emergency situations requiring GCD healing. This is how everyone has been pushing healers to be played for years and trying to do otherwise is just bland.

nononoNONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1563545279199.png (400x400, 129K)

>tanks are untouched

Holy shit the balance cannot be stopped.

As someone who didn't play 4.X Sam and leveling it up for 5.X, what's hagakure used for? Use it at 3 sen at cooldown everytime and spam the oGCD move?

Shit I'm glad too but now I have to rearrange my hotbar yet again

Am I the only SCH main that didn't want Energy Drain back? At least I had 1 month where I actually got to heal...

>Nothing for tanks

Attached: 1563437615513.png (2267x422, 305K)

it's not used for anything because it got removed from the game, user.

Yes.

I want to hold the Weeping Warbler in my arms as she cries about her raspy voice. Then I want to tell her that I don't care about her voice...I care about her!

Attached: Weeping_Warbler.png (391x711, 342K)

You use it to exhange your sen for kenki

It just got added back.

based retard

whm is fine why would it need anything

>Play SAM in SB despite ridicule because it's fun.
>Doesn't feel the same in SHB on top of being the shittiest melee.
>mfw they re-add the biggest dickest button SAM has.
I came, and I still have too much kenki to use.

>he doesnt know

Yes. I know that.

I'm asking if you'll always use it at 3 sen as soon as it gets off CD.

Read the patchnotes elidibus

it's back for aether dump purposes, not dps purposes.

>cheap wow knockoff
>Is better than WoW in every way
cope

Oh god it's really back I can't contain my boner

This. Now I have to put the kenki shit up front now.

Imagine subbing 15 a Month for a single player story focused mmo with shitty end game.

I will repeat
SUBBING for a single player story...

I could see them taking a few features.
Having every job is pretty fun, and the option to scale yourself for older content with people is good to.

Guild housing, multiple dances.
It has good ideas but warcraft isn't that.

If they copy anything from final fantasy. I would want the ability to be every class on a single character. Or every secondary job.

Other than that I'm fine.

WoW is copying Level Sync from XIV of all things.

>healer insta queues now gone because AST buffs will bring a crowd of retards
it was a fun month at least
t. WHM

Attached: 1549073626680.png (967x954, 554K)

Why are people sperging out about changes? The real stuff won't hit until 5.1.

I always used to at 2 sen so I could have my first iajitsu be higabana, usuallly followed up by meikyo shisui into a midare setsugekka

Are you dumb? Everybody leveled WHM to be a FOTM retard because people said WHM can solo heal with only oGCDs while also doing 8k DPS and ITS SO EASY!
I've seen more shitty white mages mashing dps buttons since ShB launch than any other healer.

thanks anons i can see you're taking the downtime extremely normally

Attached: do settle down.png (403x402, 63K)

I wish that were true, but unless they slap a cooldown on it, it's just gonna be 3 ED's a minute again just like SB

Goodbye comfy excogs
Goodbye op as fuck soils
It's just going to be using WD / fae blessing for healing and then saying "good luck you fucking do it" for the rest, because that's the 'optimal' way to play my job now, and it feels fucking awful

>Shoha is still complete useless
LOL

Attached: gear sets.jpg (530x298, 81K)

fpbp

Have you considered not doing that then?

>No black mage buffs

Shit patch

balancing healers means they're going to eventually just cut noct off entirely or turn it into an oGCD (read: dual sect will usurp it entirely) so we can have two regen healers with just adequate shields and we can get another shield healer with decent regen/oGCD spam to rival SCH that has its own unique utility

Is this bait?

that Kylo Ren-lookin NIN set is pretty dope

Attached: samurai.png (549x631, 314K)

>making the best DPS even better

Not gonna happen even if BLM is Yoshida's pet class

i believe samurais used it at 2 sen. this might have been their rotation back then maybe a samurai main in thread can clarify

Attached: SAM Opener.png (638x298, 116K)

>meanwhile, on official forum

Attached: 1538291895853.png (1799x296, 43K)

Black mages are already the top DPS...

Not a bad thing. Though i want it to apply to the whole of wow, instead of just current content. Being able to level scale to your zone is great when you can turn it off and steam roll mobs.

Maybe add it so if you got level scaling on you could level to max in any zone you like.

God knows after the 5th time leveling an alt you just want to get past it.

But what if they did MORE damage?

Even if you only do the MSQ, it's worth it. More than can be said for most MMOs out there.

At this point they should just make it an ogcd and be done with it.

well, they copied relic weapons and housing too, might as well copy game engines while they're at it, at this point.

Just started playing bros, how much worse is a controller than a keyboard? I prefer the controller setup a lot even though I only play games on pc, but I'm afraid later in the game the hotkeys wont be enough without 25 buttons. Is that the case?

One of the main reasons wow is shit is because they're so terrible at copying features that other MMOs or just other games in general have gotten right decades ago.

Player owned housing is a good example. Dozens of games have done it perfectly and when WoW tried to create the "warcraft" version of it, they devolved into garrisons.

>God knows after the 5th time leveling an alt you just want to get past it
Then stop fucking playing. I don't understand this shit. If you don't like doing content, don't do the fucking content. Level scaling won't change the reason you're getting bored with going from level 1 to max.

You misunderstand, they are copying the group level sync meaning it brings a level 120 player DOWN to level 25 (and removes abilities like XIV) so that max level people can do content with lower level players.

It up it's lower mediate time pot but yeah it's still useless.

grey parsers should just quit the job.

WoW devs aren't even allowed to talk about FF14 around the office because of how badly the game is bodying them.

>viera
pottery

Do you guys even use mediate? Or is it useless?

MNK is more fun with a controller. I've seen a lot of PLDs that prefer it as well.

Not at all, you can easily set up all your abilities on separate hotbars you can switch back and forth with a press of a shoulder button.

and what? parse grey while my static laughs and finds a new scholar?

I dunno man I probably will just use it as a resource dump but it will definitely feel bad knowing that all of my awesome healing tools come at a "cost" again

And the cost is higher than in SB since we lost the 45s aetherflow trait (which they really should have brought back if ED is coming back, too)

at least it's going to be bearable to play in dungeons now

Just use it during downtime.
It's underwhelming, but not completely useless.

The class does gravitate around pushing the big dick sword button, so the mechanic that means explicitly pushing it less is a bit weird for a lot of people. Not hard to see why. People like BIG NUMBERS. not lots of small numbers that add up to more than BIG NUMBER.

What's the first thing you're gonna do?
>Maps

SAMbros WW@?
youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg

Do the first two turns of Eden savage and then cry because I won't be 450 this week.

it's up to you, I personally have never and would never use a controller to play an MMO. It's far too limited. Analog turning will never be as fast or as effective as using a mouse. Limited actions as well.

look into the controller options in the character config menu
you can add quick-access additional hotbars by holding left and right triggers together, and by double tapping them individually and holding too, so you get access to way more binds than you need
controller is supremely comfy and works like a charm, even world first groups have controller players
there's only like two spells in the entire game that are clunky to use with a controller (Rescue on healers and Aetherial Manipulation on Black Mage)

Healer queues were practically indistinguishable from tank queues before 5.0, things should go back to that state if SCHfags stop having meltdowns

If anything there's just going to be more MNK/SAM than ever

Obviously controller is the pleb choice.

But generally speaking there's no content in this game so difficult that the controller wont work fine.

>I believe the dojo meme from the "leaker"

I bet you are a grinch faggot also

Fucking moron

I still can't believe they can just sit there, look at Apex Arrow, and think it is fine. They really need to adjust it and increase its potency.

WE DON'T ALLOW NEGATIVITY IN THE DOJO

I don't even know what maps are at this point and I'm too afraid to ask.

>Hagakure is back
So what, does SAM gets TWO abilities at level 68 now?

Attached: 1548677267975.jpg (276x304, 19K)

That's the NIN theme song though

Attached: Ninja works it.gif (328x272, 261K)

They also upped the time you need to meditate for.
45 fucking seconds.

The leaker was right about the latest patch though user

Approximately when will the shitters go towards savage? I want to take my time but still have a competent group. Is Saturday a safe deadline?

EMET THEY'RE GETTING SKILLS BACK NOW HELP MEEEE... LAHABREA WHERE ARE YOU?!

Attached: elidibus.jpg (1200x596, 64K)

I mean the odds are that was a fake, you know that right?

But one of blizzard's current senior artists is an unironic FF14 1.0 lover.

That's a lot of Kenki.

rip ytmnd

They aren't going to change
Obviously most people will flood back to AST but most will still stick to WHM just because they are that good right now.

late thursday/early friday is the deadline

don't play during weekends or friday primetime

>WoWnigger is getting upset again

If you haven't cleared the first tier by Wednesday you're already done for

NINbros... 5.05 was supposed to save us...

Attached: 1496150616182.png (377x413, 296K)

Great. I was thinking of starting it tomorrow night or Wednesday. I just really want to do maps to get the big bucks early.

Shitters usually wait to go in. Most people who want to do the content will hop in right after the patch drops so they can learn it fast.

Contrary to what most people might think, this game is designed with controller in mind. Heck I'd say some classes are better with a controller. It is a viable option.

It might shares CD with Ikishoten and used solely so clean out leftover Sens during phase transitions.

Attached: 1538452499938.jpg (480x640, 50K)

I'm fine with that.
Nono, I don't mind doing the grind, I just hate certain parts because the game's leveling is currently fucked.
The only way to "Not do the content" Is to buy a level booster.
Playing to 60, is easy, lots of quests clumped togetheer, fast leveling fun silly stuff. But then you get forced to either, Dungeon spam or Go to BC/LK which are drastically different in questing style. And there's no real option to skip, that's what i'm talking about.
After that you can get to max level by doing one zone a expansion if you got the right gear.

Plus you don't really have a choice in wow. You can't just, equip a polearm and play a warrior.

But I think that despite my bitching, newcomers to FF have it worse with that god awful single player story part.

Both games could do with a level squish or leveling revamp if you ask me.

When do the servers usually come back up? I'm on a "1st shift work, 2nd shift sleep, 3rd shift awake" fag, so this is my only playtime.

Honestly I don't expect that many people to flock back to AST even with buffs. The community perception is that the job is "completely broken at it's core" which I disagree with. I think more people will go to SCH than anything.

ENERGY DRAIN IS BACK BOYS NOW WE JUST NEED TO GET FUCKING MORE THAN ONE DOT

we just got FIFTY potency bro. Yeah, I'm thinking ninja is back

From what I've heard playing on controller as a healer is absolute cancer in 8-man content.

>Having every job is pretty fun, and the option to scale yourself for older content with people is good to
They won't ever do this because they want to sell boosts and whatnot.

I read that as 45s for the buff to stay on you so you can cast shoha within that 45.

Daily reminder: if you don't have your Titania weapon, you do not belong in savage and will be kicked immediately.

Attached: Untitled.png (283x223, 70K)

O-oh.

Fuck. Should I do maps or savage first?

FFlogs has now deleted all rankings, and is going to force everyone to upload based on rDPS

Attached: 036000335910_5.jpg (1000x1000, 131K)

Attached: 1563938621512.png (806x711, 1019K)

I don't think I've ever met anyone who liked it.

Attached: file.png (361x379, 165K)

You are right and I still feel bad about it.

I don't like how its now more cure potency and less shielding. Regen having a raw potency component before the heal is fine but I feel like Shielding should just be Shield and nothing else to actually feel satisfying for proactive healing.

>DNC and NIN go straight even further into cuckshed
Nice.

LMAO
I'm just gonna buy the 460 craftable armor. Imagine being poor AND being below ilvl 460 in a the savage raids

>Both games could do with a level squish or leveling revamp if you ask me.
Cataclysm was the worst thing to happen to WoW. Fuck off with that shit. This obsession with speed to max level is the very reason WoW has entered into its dire straits. Just about the only thing that needs squished in XIV is the 2.x content, which has far too many go here, touch x thing, return here quests.

That's weird. They didn't get rid of instances. I thought you guys said they stay for a month?

>460 craftable
It's 450 user.

yeah, once reddit has said something is bad/broken or not meta, that's basically it. weather it's true or not. AST is not going to recover from this.

I made a mistake and didn't do ex content as soon as i was able, so now i'm stuck in the shitshed of bad dps and blind healers

I wonder when they reveal the population of raiders stat again

That miniscule fraction that ever did ultimate was funny

sometimes when gathering you'll find a map

use it, go to where it says, fight some shit (solo or with a group depending on the map) and you'll get some drops, and sometimes a special dungeon will open up that you can do that gives a lot of $$$

so enchanted reprise is worth it now right? 250pot for 10 mana

If this isn't Yoshi P's way of saying NIN mains need to kill themselves I dunno what is.

Agree. Monk is STILL just a series of clunky bandaids on top of mechanics that aren’t even fun in the first place.

Why even have positionals if you have to nullify them?

Why the fuck would you ever use tornado kick? And now even SSS is virtually useless.

Why even have chakra if you just charge it 5 times (and even if it’s only one charge out of combat, in that case why not just auto charge it? Why not just have forbidden chakra be a cooldown?)

Everything they added after ARR should just be completely redesigned. Oh and give me Steel Peak and Howling Fist back.

>Should I do maps or savage first?
Buy maps as soon as servers come up before Zonureskin shoots back up in worth. Then do savage.

Whatever dude. I'm just saying farming for ilvls is pointless

'Member when Palidins used to get kicked from groups pre-SB? I 'member.

i did 5 clears today in a party finder group with no wipes. good groups are still running it you just have to keep looking.

Is NIN objectively bad or are NIN mains just freaking out over having to actually justify their group slot instead of being an auto-include?

Already got my full set. All retainers full + 2 each in store per retainer at max price and saddlebags. My main issue is how do I prevent people from being a nigger and needing stuff when it's not their map.

>the shields all got lowered to half their power
>saying this when the initial potencies were doubled
brainlet

Nah, WoW's main problem is that it's secretly not 1 game, it's actually 2 (well, 2+x where x is old expansions).

You have levelling, which is one game, where you do NOTHING that actually matters except slowly get to max level. Then you have max level where you can start doing stuff that matters, and it works this way because Blizzard change every system with every expansion and dump all the old stuff into the shed. So you can't go and do all the old stuff, because it gets you nowhere while levelling, and doesn't contribute to the current endgame. It's, imo, one of the biggest successes of FF that even while levelling you can do meaningful stuff because SE don't literally dump everything in an expansion off into a corner once it's over. It's even worse now thanks to Blizzard's obsession with expansion wide systems. Who the FUCK is going to level their legion artefact now? or when the next expansion comes out who's gonna bother with their Heart of Azeroth?

>Raiding as a PLD in HW
>Perpetual Ray

Attached: WHY WON'T MY SHIELD BLOCK THIS.jpg (257x257, 13K)

Remember when Yoshi said they will never let PLD block magic attacks?

Attached: 1556458122003.jpg (258x196, 7K)

>why even have positionals
Because they're fun
>why use TK
Now that is a useless skill, should just be an oGCD
>SSS useless now
You're absolutely retarded if you think formshift change kills SSS or Anatman outside of the downtime inbetween dungeon pulls

I don't get why nins are bitching about their job. They're the trick attack bitch. No one cares about their personal dps. And even if they did nin isn't suppose to be doing BBQ awesome damage.

Is this new change going to make SAM better dps than DRG/MNK ?

>My main issue is how do I prevent people from being a nigger and needing stuff when it's not their map.
Party finder -- Bring your own map, loot goes to owner. Most folk follow those rules. Someone breaks the rules, you kick them out, but I've never seen someone break the rules in map runs. 2mill off of an indigo cloth isn't worth the bad reputation for most people lmao.

He leaked after the patch was already on the ptr moron. There have been over 12 leaker in the past month. If you believe this shit you are probably a grinch faggot. The only confirmed leak is the shadow lands expansion.

You just hit on why they bitch. Ninja is a fun job, Trick Attack is boring as fuck.

problem is ninja isn't worth a trick attack nowadays according to logs. bring a better dps and you're doing more overall

Bros... I'm sorry...

Attached: Forgiven Sloppiness.jpg (225x225, 49K)

The latter. The only objectively bad job is MNK because of how much of a shitshow its mechanics are.

The latter
Probably not, it needs 500dps increase to catch up to MNK as it stands now.

Nope.

Well, our ninja switched monk and we were fine with it. In fact, we already like it more than ninja. trick attack just isn't worth it anymore. nin dps is just too low and doesn't feel rewarding. lots of ninjas are abandoning ship already throughout the game.

It makes them more flexible. What SAMs do with that flexibly is up to the garbage players behind it.

Ilberd no! Come back bro!

They barely do more damage then DNC with a cluster fuck rotation that requires near constant TRIPLE weaving and even the slightest drifting can fuck you. All to do barely more the DNC. If they wanna gut trick and make NINs fight for it a spot with DPS and other stuff that's fine but it's so fucked right now it feels like their banking on TA keeping it there, and most people say it's not even worth the TA.

probably cause they require the highest apm to pull off their rotation, which was already convoluted af in the first place, and still have to settle for shite damage.

The issue is that it's the dungeon maps. I can see someone being a nigger and running off with the new loot because it'll sell big.

>tfw leveled all the best classes

Holy shit I feel like a god. I can get into any party I want.

Yeah, sure, but I have never once seen anyone do that, and I've done a shit ton of maps since they were introduced.

>literally best melee DPS
>objectively bad
I dont think so, Tim

Sup bro, I got better.

Attached: Ilberd.jpg (1000x916, 335K)

Autistic neet incel

Has your mp thirst been quenched, RDMbros?

Ilberd redemption arc when?

What action was it? It's been too long.

Attached: 1561276814355.png (589x138, 7K)

>leveled DRG, WHM, and WAR

Attached: King Homer.gif (375x375, 179K)

Ain't no point if it ain't worth trick.

MNK is truly big brain.

>joined a "static" cwls last week
>Asked them yesterday what time they want to do savage
>Nobody answered

Well uh...this is going to a great start.

OMGWTFBBQ XD

>>literally best melee DPS
*blocks your path*

Attached: FFXIV_1331363653.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

Redeem himself for what? He never did anything wrong.

I was exaggerating about SSS but I do think it is underwhelming for a lvl 80 ultimate ability. Same goes for anatman seeing as PB got nerfed.

Also I was saying I like positionals what I don’t like is true north.

>Brynhildr Viera SMN main

Yeah, literally all of that tracks.

You need to use steel peak and howling fist both of which got axed.

Just trick when I say trick, trick boy.

>joined static
>need to ask them if they're going to do savage
What?

WHERE MY PLD BROS AT?
SINNERS ATONE

Attached: ATONE.png (746x599, 565K)

you're the brainlet, not him
you use the shields at capped hp, its not worth curing with aspected below 100% hp. now you're still casting twice as much for more mp in noct than before which was always BULLSHIT, except now the only reason you used noct (shields when at max HP before an attack) got fucking worse

if you have an IQ of 80 stop telling yourself that you have one over 100, go back and finish high school you mong

get ready to pug it lmao

how long more till maintenance ends again?

>I can't read.

Wasn't really nessary if you ask me since lucid dreaming exists

>less fun than DRK
>less mitigation

Lmao

3 PDT

Lucid dreaming is too big brained for most RDM.

How are shields at half their power if the potency is doubled, it'd be the same

You honestly think the average red mage uses lucid?

So uh. Why are you guys still up? Going to pull an allnighter? You won't be able to do good if you're sleepy.

>Hagakure is back
Kinda glad I never bothered with this weeb job desu

so 3 more hours?

Is 5.05 irrefutable proof that GNB is Perfectly Fine and Balancedâ„¢? All the shitters saying it was too hard can fuck right off.

Attached: Riker.png (500x313, 119K)

t. Elidibus

>Absolute state of Living Dead

Attached: lol LD.png (484x484, 90K)

This. Shit's gay. Should have made the iai instant instead.

>can only queue for Savage through Raid Finder
U-Uh guys?

I literally have never done Savage before but why is it limited like this when you can just queue in RF with a pre-made anyways?

Attached: Prof Retard.png (411x394, 222K)

Probably not. Haga and insta-gaeshi pushing all the gcds up will give it a gain though, but then mnk got gains as well
It might be around drg levels

Tank mitigation is borderline the exact same across the four the fuck are you in about?

Well the alternative is even less challenging fights to do away with true north while retaining positionals.

I don't get it.

Are there physical tankbusters currently?
I'm assuming Eden Prime's double slash and Titan's Rockbuster are physical, with everything else being magical?

This is the time I wake up user.

Attached: 1564278658574.png (576x466, 494K)

>too hard
were people saying that? i got so spoiled by gnb that when i was leveling pld i was like why the fuck does atonement break combos

Meh give it time I'm guessing they'll start to seriously check the classes now that savage is out

Because thanks to the RDPS changes we can officially ACTUALLY see how much Trick contributes, and as it turns out it's not a fuckin lot. NIN despite their carpal tunnel rotation and being the support job literally brings the least to the table of any DPS in the game.

Are you retarded? GNB has the least mitigation.

>positionals too punishing
>only a 20 pot loss, only Bootshine loses anything significant
All of the additional effects are tied to the skills themselves, not their positionals.

I need to wait for my bot to patch for this new patch. So it doesn't matter.

DRK currently has an edge due to Dark Mind and most tankbusters being magical right now.

shitters gtfo

This.
Every ronkan weapon shitter will be kicked. no exceptions. this will literally be my party finder message.

They sure know their audience

Attached: erp.png (545x851, 917K)

We didnt really get damage gains as MNK. Our RoF burst should do roughly the same because it's a few more GCDs, but 5% less for all oGCDs inside RoF.

Oy Vey. It's another shoha.

>this meme again
Learn to play tank before you post like you do

I work at Square Enix, in patch 5.1 the Open Eyes buff will remove positional requirements for its duration
Please look forward to it

>party finder
beta

People apparently have serious trouble weaving Continuation.

>nearly finish gearing up my MCH
>now wish i geared up my MNK instead
IM SORRY MONK, I NEVER SHOULD HAVE STRAYED AWAY

Yes, it should be that way. Don't forget Eden Prime's double lasers. Knowing past 4th floors Titan will probably have a tank-stack as well.

>whm untouched
holy fucking based yoshi. im resubbing now

>Noct AST feels middling in an already underwhelming healing skill set
>To fix it they give them a super strong REGEN oGCD on a 30 second timer
Just fucking scrap Diunrla Nocturnal already, they've already ruined that class 'fantasy' with Neutral and Celestial Intersection.

Amazing way to admit you were wrong, faggot.

i wanna see these people try mch now

>monk boring, anatman stupid, TK worthless
>"monk boring, anatman stupid, TK worthless"
>monk still boring, anatman still stupid, TK still worthless, but parse bigger
>"MONK IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS"
you retards are beyond saving.

Attached: tsk.jpg (400x800, 246K)

Amazing way to admit you don't tank and you're just parroting what you hear from other sources.

Attached: 1468107886639.png (625x626, 16K)

You uhh....

You guys do realize that because Midare got buffed, Hagakure---->Shinten isn't as good as it used to be?

You get 768 potency from Shinten vs 800 potency from Midare now. Midare got a pot buff in ShB.

This is why its confusing that Hagakure is back. It is no longer worth weaving Shinten via it (not that more than 25% sams were smart enough to anyway).

It literally exists now so you can like, convert a midare to kenki before a superpull or something to at least get some use out of the kenki and free up Iajutsu. That's all you could really justify it for.

If we're lucky they changed it to 75 kenki but I saw no such indication in the notes.

Attached: em.png (781x1040, 1.34M)

t. braindead SAM

>Main WAR and SMN
>WAR gets nothing new and SMN just gets a reskinned Bahamut
What are some jobs that genuinely got new changes in ShB?

Attached: 1498335173180.jpg (349x416, 64K)

I really wouldn't go call SAM braindead when you can't play it correctly, it says more about you than it does me.

I understand pretty damn well. Pretty sure it will also shares cd with Ikishoten.
I'm just baffled at shitter thinking Hagakure is anywhere near difficult to use.

For better or for worse?

mch

WAR will always outshine other tanks in the end of the expac anyway since they scale off crit so well.

Attached: 1564449949780.jpg (867x750, 68K)

I don't care about the shinten spam I'm just glad I can manage my sen better now

MCH

>reassemble now 55 sec instead of 60

but why?

Ease of use.
Same reason Meikyo got its CD reduced to 55.

You know why

skillspeed would make it so you'd get a window where your drill is ready but reassemble isn't.

It’s 5 kenki per sen

>BRD still doesn't have foes back

lmao

You? No no user. SAM is a braindead job. It's been said for an entire expac already. You should get used to this.

>Add Gunbreaker to game
>Shaft any glamour potential it has by forcing us to wear heavy armor instead of coats or modern-looking outfits

Wow isn't getting new people.
And the leveling and 120+ barrier to entry is the reasoning behind that.
They are in the position where they can't make Wow2
Coming from my friends who i've tried to get to join the game, getting to 120 to even start with the fun stuff feels boring, when so many games now can get you to the current tier content so much faster.
A level squish won't kill the game. It will get the levels back in order. Hell if we had a second cataclysm event (which looks likely with the whole old gods resurrection and world corruption etc) Then you can bring the old world into current content. Instead of forcing players to.
Quest to see the warchief, garrosh, who is actually silvanas with the imigrants from undercity which is still standing as you level up, but she gives you quests to see voljin, who tells you to meet warchief voljin, over in the lands to meet garrosh who sends you to see warchief thrall as you go back in time to see baby garosh fight his feelings with warchief thrall as you then see the garrosh guy again but buff, who sends you to handle the Cataclysm content with thrall who sends you to see the Pandas, who then send you back in time to kill Garrosh again and answer to your warchielf Voljin who's still sylvanas... Etc etc. The questing is fucked. If you're new you would need to read half a dozen books to be up to date on the lore.
Pretty much this.

no RoF slowdowns means skillspeed is a lot more reliable as a main stat, i think they want to push sklspd on monks now

Story in pic?

What is aDPS?

Attached: 1549137455267.png (256x144, 77K)

Yeah obviously, which makes it all the sadder when you fuck up the job equivalent of using a microwave.

Said some gay shit. Got banned for three days.

>Wow isn't getting new people.
>And the leveling and 120+ barrier to entry is the reasoning behind that.
Can confirm that this is why I won't bother with WOW. Not only that, there's way too much content to catch up with.

I might try Classic because that won't be a problem though.

Axe Dunks Per Second

Time mage (not AST) DPS when

All the modern looking outfits in the game I can think of can be glamoured as a tank.

Imagine being this dumb.

Are there any xiv servers in Cambodia or near Cambodia? I thought I would enjoy going out more but after 2 weeks of being here I’ve realized it’s shit. Stuck in this shithole for a whole year.

Preferably for the better.

Well duh, but I've been playing the WAR since ARR and the class hasn't evolved beyond what it was already Heavensward. The perfection memes have gone too far because it seems like the designers don't know where to take the job either, so now they are just removing stuff one expansion and reintroducing it the next. Screencap this message, next expansion they'll give Warriors Butcher's Block back and pretend that it's a new ability after removing it for ShB.

>mimcs post like some manchild
>still in the wrong

Holy shit bro, you live on being cringeworthy.

Yoshi stop.

Attached: 1544192570666.png (530x298, 426K)

>two years of MNK complaining about going slow in RoF
>"lol wtf why are they celebrating when they got exactly what they wanted?"

>they actually fixed sleevedraw
I was just going to play RDM, but now I can't decide if I want to do savage as AST or RDM.
Good thing I didn't exchange my Eden tokens for gear yet. What the FUCK do I play, I only have 2 hours to decide what to play, and to get into a group and clear the first turn before all of the shitters wake up and turn 1 PF becomes a nightmare.

Attached: 61355486_684123781999473_4859317312965865649_n.jpg (1080x1080, 164K)

Pretty much had to buy my friend an entire set of heirlooms so leveling was 1/4 the speed, shit was still a grind.
On the bright side he's a pet collector now so he's got lots of old content to run through.

adjusted dps.
Basically rdps minus single target padding buffs (left eye, ast cards, dnc devilment and standard step buff)

Missing Bootshine is like losing an entire GCD worth of damage. It's the most punishing positional in the game now that True North is always up for Trick Attack.

You can just connect to the JP servers I'm sure.

Got pulled out of an ex janny party and was sent to the gaol and then promptly banned all while on stream.

>tfw also an AST/RDM main
You have excellent taste my nigga.

Why are you so mad user? You're not a shitter are you? Agree with me and then insult your job more? You're a little touch in the head.

any guesses on when maintenance will be over? they sure do this shit a lot

2 and a half hours

>there's way too much content to catch up with

That's not an issue because a lot of WoW's content is unplayable outside of soloing it at max level.

t. I don't play GNB
I bet you think PLD has the best mitigation rn too huh?

They don't finish maintenance early during savage release patch, so like 2 and a half hours to go.

Yeah it's going to be a drop from that new aquapolis thing most likely. Would be awesome if the bed changes depending on your starting city/GC but I don't have my hopes up.

>post yfw SE finally saved The Feast

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 3.25.05 AM.png (1136x407, 49K)

>Why are you so mad user?
Dude I'm fucking elated Hagakure is back, just accept that it's a good skill dude.

tfw no qt tall DRG elezen bf

heh welcome back astbros, i missed you nerds

Ever since Heavensward, it's been a singleplayer game tacked on multiplayer encounters. They should just go all the way and trim all the garbage MMO storytelling and make it a full-on story focused singleplayer next time.

SE law system is a joke. He got ban while the people who were fucking up his run that caused him to get ban.

It's like punishing the victim for fucking back against his attack or get sent to jail for killing an intruder in your home.

That's a meme. As long as you aren't rude you're usually fine. I played UCGO without knowing any Japanese, all you had to do was use simple English and people could understand you. Don't be fancy and don't sound condescending, and you're fine.

now we just need Astberd to come back to us bros

I don't pvp how is this a good thing?

>People make you mad in a way that violates no rules
>you violate rules to get back at them
>wtf why was I punished?!

The thing about their leveling is that it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't try to fuck it up with all the poorly implemented scaling designed to waste as much time as possible. 120 levels sounds like a lot on paper, but I didn't have trouble leveling up so many alts to 110. Now when they fucked around with leveling around the time the first set of Allied Races came out, Leveling became a huge chore and it was so bad that even with Heirlooms combined with high level enchant chugging tons of Rapid Mind Elixirs (Exp Potions) barely helped at all. Leveling one AR was enough to say fuck it to the rest of the concept. That's not even touching other sever issues like how barren Classes are throughout so many levels and the questing timeline being fucked.

>someone wrong me
>I should take it like a bitch

Metals made you take more damage, so it usually fell down to only the tanks grabbing them.

I thought Light Medal and Heavy Medal was a pretty good system. Why is this a good thing? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm genuinely asking. Just seems like it will make matches snowball more and makes it significantly harder to kill tanks.

>people who were fucking up his run
>fucking up his run
>his run
lol

Monk doesn't lose anything significant if you just ignore positionals.

>ninjas
oh no no no no no no

Meh I don't give a shit he's your typical Yea Forums tier viera shitter. Don't want to get streamsniped don't stream.

He said something he is not revealing. Stop sucking his dick.

Every day.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-07-23-at-10.13.05-AM-1024x679.png (1024x679, 254K)

But now no one will die in Feast because no one has the debuff.

>I should have a blank check to do whatever I want when someone makes me mad.

Don't be dumb. One party violated the rules, the other didn't, he could have not been a chode.

You are out of your fucking mind if you actually believe this.

If someone can wrong you without breaking the rules and you can't think of a way to get back at them without breaking the rules then you're a moron.

Damn I knew League of Legends was the best game ever made.

Sounds like a nigger.

What mage should be added next?
not BLU

Now imagine how much wow must suck now if even a cheap wow knockoff manages to be better.

GUN

>muh slower gcd

Attached: 1561577980879.jpg (720x819, 40K)

There for a level squish would help.

Unpopular opinion, but I think Wow should just increase the exp speed by 2-3hunded percent.
There game is so heavily based around max level content there's really no point.
Force leveling enough to learn how to play your class and call it a day.

The Feast (read: 4v4 Arena PVP) works on picking up medals after you kill someone. The more you pick up, the more your death is worth to the other team. Previously if you picked up above the starting amount of Medals, you would take increased amounts of damage directly related to exaclty how many extra you had. The same also worked in reverse with Light Medal - if you ended up losing Medals to a total below your starting amount, you took less damage. This caused fucking retarded playstyles in high level Feast were teams would intentionally sack early on to get Light Medal bonus on their DPS and then reverse-snowball the other team into a win.

Truthfully , Heavy Medals were fine. It was just Light Medals that were fucking cancer. But if losing the Heavy Medal system is the price we have to pay for getting rid of those match-ruining Light Medals, I'm willing to pay it.

Honestly I would prefer if they did this. Saves me the trouble for subscribing and dealing with retards, just about the only part I dislike about the game.

People actually defending evil. Truly society is falling more than it already is.

I'm just stating a fact. No need to get your panties up in a bunch. I always forget how dramatically people react on Yea Forums.

Necromancer please Yoshi I will drop everything to play it

DFO sure is though. Wait a minute where the hell is lineage and FGO

You're trading 5% damage for more 15% more GCDs and 15% more autoattacks; it's absolutely a gain.

It would appear that WoW is being beaten by a literally who mmorpg, I fail to see the point being made.

>a bed mount
there's already enough shit I can ignore or tune, but come the fuck on, you might as well have neon signs

Attached: 1444507309980 h no.gif (270x200, 929K)

I WANNA PLAY. FUCK THIS 5 HOUR MAINTENANCE!

Attached: ahhh.jpg (720x696, 46K)

Fuck you, give me BLU that can actually do something

Attached: 1414395851156.jpg (300x197, 16K)

So basically the dps would be unkillable? I don't see how this would change anything since the faggot healer would make dps unkillable anyway and they never seem to run out of mp.

GUN

Truly the attitude of a simpering mongoloid (read: nigger)

Your opinion isn't unpopular but WoW has been so top heavy for so long it's just unreasonable at this point.
Not to mention the allied race debacle, imagine being a new player and wanting to play something like a Dark Iron Dwarf which is advertised with Battle for Azeroth.
>Either use your free boost on a random class and hope you like it or roll a new one.
>Just to hit 120 and farm rep and story
>So you can finally start over at 20 on the race you want to play
>If you boost that you don't get the unique racial armor
Imagine if Squeenix had locked Viera or Hrothgar behind Shared Fates and being level 80.

BLU that's worth half a shit

MNK outclassed DRG even before these buffs, my guy.

imagine playing any WoW like game. They're specifically made to appeal to room temperature IQ retards.

Phantasmagoria Weapons:
imgur.com/a/MEiGmjc

Eden Weapons:
imgur.com/a/LOWzMoJ

Nah FGO isn't on there so that image is bullshit

WoW should just scrap levelling entirely. They already have systems for teaching you roughly how your class works for boosts, just make everyone do that.

You know what's worst than people defending evil. The people who do them. Society is already gone if avocation of evil is the only choice.

>"I know more than Nielsen."

Take a shower user

If I fight back I'll bbbbeeeeeee jjjjjuuuuuussssstttttt lllliiiiikkkkkkeeeee ttttttthhhhhhheeeeeemmmmmm.

>mongoloid
>nigger

Don't forget that if you're also gonna have to start the rep/gearing farm all over again for your New DI Dwarf too.

Shared FATEs aren't even remotely comparable to the Rep Grind in WoW. Increasing your Shared FATE Rank in a zone isn't soft-timelocked behind weeks of bullshit like Reps are in WoW.

>evil
Bitch please a literal who got suspended in an online game. It's not like SE committed genocide or something.

>Defending niggers

>DMC5 is the best selling honest game in the running right now

Feels crazy man

Attached: 16rm5k4rg4d31.jpg (1440x934, 544K)

And the worse part is that society gives excuses for evil. The amount of White Knighting from libtards and commies when a negro ooga boogas or a muslim alla akbars is disturbing.

Meh I actually kinda like it

Oh god I forgot about that.
I'd be totally fine with being able to avoid the rep grind by buying the races with gold.
Nobody wants to grind for lightforged.
Just let me buy that shit.

I'd say the game should have come with the some of the races for free.

dont kid yourself, everything is made for the lowest common denominator nowadays

blame globalization and capitalism in that order

>"Nielsen knows everything so I suck their dick like Jesus"

>blame the symptom and the cause in that order

????????????

>losing a guaranteed 300 potency crit
>losing around 10% of your main rotation damage
thats a yikes from me

>Westerners don't play it so it doesn't exist

Imagine being this dumb.

I agree mate. So anons should stop white knighting that streaming nigger.

NINs and SMNs seem upset

How is DOTA2 up there when Valve doesn't publish numbers?

The opposite of good is evil.

Mounts have been a joke for a long time. We have flying christmas bears, spinning turtles, flying cars, flying elephants. A bed is nothing at this point.

That's not based on positionals. Re-read your tool tips my friend. ;)

I'm retarded, what's GUN?

Gunmage, uses the magic power of bullets.

You people got brain problems

they essentially raped pugging if you want to get gear now right? you will always be rolling against 7 others because they are coffers

Yes? Better than sucking the dick of a random XIV-incel on Yea Forums.

>responding to obvious bait
stop being retarded guys

DRK phanta sword looks bad and I hope my eyes are deceiving me but is that a fucking gauss barrel on the mch weapon?

Attached: TQnfDXZ.png (538x1122, 264K)

This is just one of many, user. This Viera was banned and because it was stream we know about it. How many more were gasse- I mean banned by the tyranny of SE?

The bootshine crit is indeed dependent on the positional and the positional bonus potency works out to about 10% of the damage of your main rotation. A Monk attacking something from the front does over 10% less damage than a Monk hitting positionals.

>convert a midare to kenki before a superpull or something to at least get some use out of the kenki and free up Iajutsu

What?

Huh

Almost all of those look really fucking good, I'm pleasantly surprised.

its just so fucking obtuse but also normal
don't deny it

At least you can roll every week? Always felt like shit not seeing a drop for 5 weeks anyways, the only difference is that now you get a chance all those weeks instead of instantly leaving. It's still not a good system, but I can see what they wanted to try

It's just from the preview, of course it won't be there in the game.

It's a mage the propels small metal cylindrical objects at enemies from a range distance.

If you choose to see it that way, then I can't help you.

Attached: 1564158912985.png (545x689, 72K)

What a fag.

>heres your gunmage

>it's fucking 5 kenki per sen
On one hand, I won't be having my panties in a twist when using it next to iki
On the other hand, fuck you
Increase kenki cap to 200 already

source?

i really want Beastmaster, don't know why they haven't added it. charms certain monsters and use them as a companion. They could use whips and deal both mid range and short range attacks.

if anything this will be the next job.

Attached: bm.jpg (300x350, 43K)

Didn't they remove gauss barrel though? That would mean the actual weapon looks like it has gaus barrel on permanently.

the crit is, the 300 potency isnt

As that other user said "Because it's Nielsen".

>Adding a job that has to go around to find a decent pet

Nope, thats exactly why BLU is a solo job, yoshi would never allow it.

>look this character up because there is no fucking way I missed a sidequest this important, where the fuck even...

Oh.

Gunmage from X-2, though if we're getting anything explicitly from that game it should be the dressphere mechs/system itself as a dps job or mascot as a healer
Would be GNM like GuNBreaker though

Imagine thinking your feelings matter more than the analysis provided by a firm all of wall street relies on.

Every MCH weapon in the viewer has Gauss Barrel enabled, for whatever reason. It's not actually there in game.

Servers are up early.

Attached: 1564333602815.jpg (596x1046, 60K)

why must people who want to play a job correctly at its most basic level need help? the only people who you could argue against were those imposing the TK rotation in SB, cause its clearly not intended by devs and drastically different from regular mnk rotation.
you're the one that needs help if you think not moving 2 inches back and forth to hit positionals, or popping true north when you cant, is something a normal player can and should do

>literally sucking corporate dick
Please tell me you at least get paid for it?

lies

lol, I'm just calling you gay user. I didn't read nor do I care what the other post chain was about. I'm just calling you gay for sucking "firm that all of wall street relies on" dick.

Thank the gods. So many good weapons were raped because of that accursed thing

>mom look I copy pasted a shitpost from /pol/

it was hinted that they might add beastmaster down the road as a limited job.

FF11 had the Beastmaster job so why the fuck not. it could work.

Attached: bmjob.png (868x1212, 449K)

DRKs and PLD Phantas need to be switched

Here's what it actually looks like.
Phantasmagoria gear is called "Deepshadow" gear btw.
Also it looks like the crafted weapons also have new models, but they look kinda stupid.

Attached: unknown[1].png (602x573, 636K)

Going slow in RoF was the only major issue with current monk other than being dumbed-down from before. The only issue with monk now is that Anatman is still garbage to use

They didn't overhaul MCH weapons to remove the barrel, so they still have to put the bone for it on every new weapon. Client is just set to not show it is all, plus for all they know they might want to put a reworked Gauss Barrel skill in the game down the road.

>tanks completely untouched and left in their perfect state
>AST given a pity tweak but not fixed at all, scholar got some nice buffs, WHM kept perfect
>monk is less JUST, NIN is still JUST, DRG and BLM kept perfect

Glad they aren't fucking with what works at least but NIN and AST need to be taken out back already.

Attached: 1512413320702.jpg (367x295, 18K)

>Monk is less JUST
they were doing better than the other melees.

MCH is actually fun now
DRK is a flat upgrade from what it used to be

Here's your savage mount bro

Attached: unknown[1].png (961x704, 1.4M)

Not DRG not important.

>it's another "raid weapons look like fucking garbage" episode

>not Titan's ATV
LAME

The chamber looks awful.

What are you talking about this has always been the case. Not like it matters on NA or EU servers where absolutely nobody uses RF and everyone uses PF

>not the titan buggy
how the fuck could they miss this chance?

Can't wait to go collect Dragonballs with this thing

thats so fuckin neato. too bad im a shitter that can't beat anything beyond normal dungeons.

Attached: bb.jpg (177x278, 9K)

AST looks great now why are people parroting reddit opinions.

>no new music
>no two-party fight
>nothing new on Titan's model, just extra moves
>arena breaks down now

It's also a multi-seater.

stage 1: denial

Attached: 1517251855690.jpg (317x267, 22K)

People who rather have AST's pdps improved than have it actually play better. These people don't actually like the job.

It's the first raid tier it'll be pretty straightforward.

If you were expecting anything more regarding fixing AST than potency and cast time tweaks in a minor patch, you are out of your fucking mind.

>limited job
And no fucks were given by anyone

Attached: 1562267320565.jpg (859x1024, 368K)

>Glad they aren't fucking with what works at least but NIN and AST need to be taken out back already.
Don't forget SMN.

AST is more or less fine now in terms of performance, they got buffed heals, more or less unfucked the massive amount of button spam you had to do with sleeve draw and its rdps got a pretty significant boost with the cooldown reduction on Divination. Its only issue now is that the card system in general still doesn't have any flavour or fun.

>energy drain doesn't give fairy gauge
hmm

AST didn't have playstyle issues outside of sleeve draw feeling clunky without lightspeed. It had potency issues with it's cooldowns.
Both of these were fixed.
If you don't like how AST plays there are two other healers.

>more or less unfucked the massive amount of button spam you had to do with sleeve draw
What? All they did was remove the need to hit the initial Draw after hitting Sleeve Draw. It's the same fucking mess of offgcds minus one.

why did they add play to AST instead of just keeping it in one button with draw
also why did they kill AST

Attached: 1536223462174.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

You don't have to keep hitting Draw, each time you play a card it automatically draws another.

Sleeve Draw Effect: Using your drawn arcanum consumes a stack of Sleeve Draw and draws another card.
This is the new sleeve draw effect so you no longer have to hit Draw.
Because now Draw cooldown can tick down while you hold a card.
They didn't kill it.

>no whm buffs
wtf?

>all savage bosses drop coffers for all pieces
Fucking based

Attached: tumblr_inline_osm1344XlD1u5jfhl_500.jpg (454x340, 31K)

So that it could draw a card and have the recast timer start, rather than have it start after the card is played

I'm a big dumb what is this new SAM ability and what's it do

>why did they add play to AST instead of just keeping it in one button with draw
This is the real question. Can ANYONE explain what the fuck is up with this?

I remember thinking about this before when separating draw and play but don't they already have this 'technology' on an already existing skill?

Must suck to be in a PF group now knowing all 8 people will be hitting need on everything.

Two people did.

>WoW upcoming patch is stealing Level Sync from XIV
Who's the copycat now?

So the CD for Draw can tick down while you hold a card. They basically made every card auto-Sleeve from the old system.

PF cucks deserve it

Also the RAF system is basically the XIV RAF system without the chocobo feathers.
I don't really see the point of level sync in WoW though.

Yes. Geirskogul and Standard/Technical Step are some examples. The buttons change based on context but the cooldown for the underlying ability ticks down anyway.

>Because now Draw cooldown can tick down while you hold a card.
So what? It's not like you can draw another one until you play it anyway, doesn't explain why it still needs two separate buttons?They didn't.

Wait until 5.1 and then Shadowbringers will be the WAR expansion again.

So you can hold a card and have Draw tick like between pulls since seals don't apply out of combat, or transition phases so you can have two cards back to back.
Are you being intentionally dense? That is the reason they were separated.

NIN is going to get reworked without TA, it's inevitable

>someone could potentially win every single drop in a savage clear now

>made pugging even worse
Why can't they just keep it based on role? They already shoehorned people to take 1 melee, mranged and pranged.

They could just make the CD stick tick down while having the card in the same skill. Earthly Star already shows the client can handle a changing skill while tracking a CD.

So what you are saying is that basically it was too difficult for the poor incompetent Japanese developers to enable the cooldown tick without separating them to two different buttons?
Because that's about the only logical reason I can see for them to separate if that's the reason you are going to give me.

the best change wouldve just made it so a gear type couldnt drop if there wasnt a job in the group who could use it

Yes.

so im going to level a healer job. my guild says lvl white mage but one guy said I should lvl AST.

So which class do I go with? I want something easy and effective because this is my first time healing in this game.

Attached: 1563919148569.png (448x1300, 335K)

How exactly does it work? Say that I don't win anything on Eden Prime, if I go in again can I win anything or do I not get any rewards?

Not only is the game being played by shitters, it's also being developed by complete shitters too.

Checks out.

Fuck off.

>Hagakure is now 5 kenki per sen

uhh SAMcucks?

No. If you already cleared for the week going into savage again will reduce amount of coffers dropped for people who haven't cleared it even.

WHM is babymode

RDM

WHM is the most straightforward healer. It's also the best healer right now

Do you like spamming one button only? Go whm. Do you like spamming another button inbetween spamming one button? Go ast.

You dont get to roll, and the party you run wish wont receive all drops possible.

Yes, I'm a cuck.

go with WHM especially since it's your first time healing

AST basically has a mini game you have to play mid combat and the payoff for mastering it isn't too high right now

fug that's horrible

It took 3 expansions for monks to finally get quality of life changes they need. The only thing left at this point is turning the fist buffs into passives instead of needing to use fists of fire until you get 3 stacks of greased lightning and then never using it again.

And either remove tornado kick or turn it into a basic ogcd because there is literally no reason for it to exist anymore.

>on a 5 second recast
>wanted it to be Kenki generator when Ikishoten still exists
Based retards.

The only reason they added it back is because people complained about losing higanbana ticks because of sen not lining up. Now you can eat your sen if you have to but it's not a dps gain to do so constantly.

I don't get it, what did they do to savage drops

If you don't care choose the one who pleases you the most aesthetically or if you don't even care about that pick SCH since you'll get SMN for free

Jobless coffer drops on a per-equipment slot basis. Win the lot, use that coffer on the job you want its designated drop on for that slot.

source for this claim of yours?

so what the fuck is the point of this thing? is it really worth losing an entire sen for 5 fucking kenki? like what th efuck

check the job guide, it's updated

Made it amazing for static groups but have fun never getting loot as a pf cuck

I just don't get the point of Kaeshi: Higanbana, why isn't this a real button? I was hoping they'd do something about it.

Yes, just so skill speed SAM is finally not cancerous to play once more.

why would it fuck over PF?

All they did was make MNK's playstyle effortless because the finally admitted they have no idea how to make greased lightning and positionals fun without being retardedly punishing, so now you just don't have to worry about it.

>is it really worth losing an entire sen
Yes if it means you don't have to wait for Tsubame-Gaeshi to come off cooldown.
THE NEW HAGAKURE'S MAIN POINT IS NOT KENKI GENERATION, BUT SEN MANIPULATION.

Because you're now always going to be rolling against 7 people for everything

>THE NEW HAGAKURE'S MAIN POINT IS NOT KENKI GENERATION, BUT SEN MANIPULATION.
I don't get it

Literally only exists for when there are two targets that are alive for more than 45 seconds.
Shoha is still infinitely more useless than Kaeshi: Higanbana.

and this is different in a static because...?
somehow the 7 others aren't also there for gear?

>have to plan hagakure a few combo cycles in advance so i can arrive at 3 sen at the same time as tsubame cooldown
ummm bros this is too big brained for me, i think i'll play drg

There is no point, it's only there as an aesthetic part of the ability. Tsubame replicates iaijutsus so naturally it has the ability to replicate higanbana even if there's no reason to ever do so. I don't get why people are so triggered over it, it's not like Tsubame itself is a worthless skill.

Shoha at least is at least a button you can have at a phase transition.

*meditates*
Don't mind me bros, just prepping for Shoha.

Attached: Sambrdai.png (1000x1000, 1.99M)

because otherwise tsubame wouldn't make sense, user. why can you just press Gekko over and over without doing the combo?

>Literally only exists for when there are two targets that are alive for more than 45 seconds.
Kaeshi Higanbana is a noobtrap, it tricks people such as yourself into thinking it has usage in this situation you just described, but in fact it does not.

I hate everything about this new loot bullshit.

I just want it to be a real button, make it not trigger the CD or something. I'm not super triggered over it, it just feels kinda like filler.

A proper static keeps track of drops and divvies things out evenly once certain priorities are met (aka. once DPS checks are not an issue, let tanks/healers have shit)

Nope. You literally use it a cycle before Kaeshi comes off cooldown to get rid of a single Sen or two so everything lines up in case your skill speed causes your rotation to drift off the CDs.
Currently you're forced to go with certain skill speed if you want everything to line up naturally.

I'll make this easy for your tiny brain
>a static is composed of 7 of the SAME people you run with every week
>eventually your buddies will get fully geared and start passing on coffers

>a PF group is composed of 7 RANDOM people
>they will always roll on coffers to gear all their jobs because they don't give a fuck about anyone else in the group

Attached: 1563493992573.webm (294x232, 1.3M)

>once DPS checks are not an issue, let tanks/healers have shit
*quits static*

Still butthurt you got owned like the sissy you are elidibus? Lying about SAMs won't undo your shame

A Static can now funnel gear towards people that need it easier. Say an aiming necklace drops that's not BiS. A necklace coffer instead can be directed toward someone that can use it better.

brainlet SAM here, what exactly is this sen manipulation shit? is the goal not to keep spamming madare anymore while keeping up higan?

sounds about right, a static not aiming for ultimate will probably slowly lose interest after a couple of clears of the final turn.

The main flow is still the same (spamming Midare)
The new haga is just there so skill speed stops being cancerous.

besides lootwhoring being extremely dickish and therefore not a great way to preserve a static, the static has a vested interest in all 8 people progressing in gear so that they progress faster.

Attached: constructed.webm (426x596, 212K)

You still need to grind that shit to get your BiS finished for Ultimate though.

This is probably the main benefit, people can figure out their BiS from savage and what they prefer from augmented tomegear. Everyone is geared faster as a result.

If Higanbana falls off but you already have 2 sen, you currently have no choice but to build to Midare and get another Sen before reapplying Higanbana, meaning you are wasting potential damage. Now you can eat your sen early, making sure you always have the exact right amount of sen to refresh Higanbana and use Kaeshi Midare right at the moment you need to.

>The new haga is just there so skill speed stops being cancerous.
how was skill speed cancerous? and what does it do to fix it?

>do your final Sen generating finisher so you have 3 Sen
>Tsubame Gaeshi is still 6 seconds away from coming off cooldown
If only you had an ability to clear a Sen before hand so you wouldn't have to delay Tsubame unnecessarily.

>Swap to MCH because my static needed a ranged, I felt like playing it anyways, and MNK was kind of cucked
>Early ShB numbers come out
>MNK is near god tier, MCH is middling
>"W-well it's not TOO big of a difference"
>FFLogs rDPS update happens
>MNK is /actually/ god tier, MCH is actually one of the worst DPS in the game
>"T-the balance patch will surely fix it!"
>Balance patch comes out
>MNK gets not only buffed, but buried in long overdue QoL changes
>MCH gets fucking nothing asides from drift prevention on Reassemble
Fuck this, we're rolling triple melee

Attached: 1542155598025.png (808x805, 446K)

update your website Ariyala you tranny

not him, does it matter if you clear 1, 2 or 3 sen as long as it lines up?

why not just fucking do a regular midare with your current 3 sen now and just do the gaeshi on the next 3 sen loop? is delaying the midare really that worth it

Now that Hagakure only generates 5 Kenki per Sen?
Absolutely not.

You can't run triple melee unless one of them is prepared to be the designated uptime cuck

Yes, but not on a microcosm, it's important over the length of a whole fight, those wasted seconds add up, and eventually you end up with situations where you've basically missed a whole cycle's worth of damage.

>limited job
>thinking they'll ever get the hype BLU got before the harsh reality of Limited Jobs became known

clearing all sen with Tsubame only at 6 seconds left would be a waste and set you back further. It would be more DPS efficient to just do another Yukikaze and overwrite that sen.

>is delaying the midare really that worth it
>is unnecessarily keeping a 1200 potency attack off cooldown worth it when you can easily use it on cooldown
Gee, user, you tell me.

In SB you could stack as much skill speed as you want as SAM and still comes out with good dps because Hagakure was pure DPS gain and Midare was a filler, more GCD = more Kenki = more DPS.
In ShB SE introduced Kaeshi, so now you want to end your 60th second GCD with a midare so you can go straight to Kaeshi, while also keep Higanbana rolling.
Having unoptimal skill speed means your rotation will keep drifting off this number and makes stuff unnecessarily frustrating.

Depends entirely on the fight, and we can always just make the NIN do it.

Who said anything about clearing all Sen?
You anticipate your Sen generation and clear ONE Sen if you feel Tsubame's CD is around 6 seconds off from you gaining 3 Sen.

>ends up being Shepherd from 1.0 finally being added as the fourth DoL into the game, as a limited job
>it's just a new version of FFXI's Monster Rearing minigame from SoA

somehow i'm under the impression the more sen you clear the closer you are to losing a midare if not losing one outright, unless proper alignment STILL wins in the end

Is Samurai a big brain job now?

Is there a way to make a timer appear on Tsubame? half the time I see the circle on it I can't tell how many seconds away it is from coming off cooldown

Yes, this sen deleting shit is confusing

Pretty sure there's always timer on it. If it's too small you can just increase element's size from hud config.

speaking of timer why do some shit have a yellow circle instead of the usual cooldown pie?

Those are skills that trigger GCD but also have special recast timer.

I'd have preferred if Hagakure just removed 1 sen at a time instead of clearing all of them. Doesn't have to be random either, they could remove in a specific order if you have more than 1.

Also doesn't the CD reduction on Meikyo mean you'll always be able to have 3 Sen ready for Tsubame anyway?

It's mostly a counting exercise, if you see "11 seconds" on your CD, and you know you can get the combo up in say 8, you can now eat a sen, and then do the combo so you get 5 kenki and have the cooldowns align.

Or if higanbana is about to drop while you have like 50 seconds left and you have 2 sen you can burn them to get higanbana up. It's optimisation autism, but that's the fun of selfish dps classes.

It'll happen in multiple fights, most fights are deliberately designed with a certain number of ranged in mind

no, and it never was, saying hagakure is big brain was just a sam coping mechanism to defend their job actually being completely braindead.

why would anyone care if their job is braindead or not? this reaction sounds like nin coping to me

i don't know, ask the sams that think hagakure was the pinnacle of IQ

MCH is the best ranged job right now, the fuck you're talking about.

HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THEY ACTUALLY GAVE HAGAKURE BACK TO SAM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASED

I see more people who hated Hagakure said it's difficult to use than people who liked it.

You only have to use it now for super mega autist-tier optimization. It's not just a passive dps increase to use it on cooldown like it used to be.

>Yes, i am the only Elezen player in the entire fucking game, how can you tell?

Attached: D0J1RveWsAAoQP2.jpg (912x1024, 71K)

Again, depends entirely on the tier.
Going off whether or not a triple melee comp was present in the top speedkill rankings for each fight, viable triple melee fights in SB were
>O1 - Yes
>O2 - Yes
>O3 - Yes
>O4 - Yes
>O5 - Yes
>O6 - Yes
>O7 - Yes
>O8 - No
>O9 - Yes
>O10 - Yes
>O11 - Yes
>O12 - No
As you can see, more fights than not permit triple melee; some might require mechanics be handled differently, but almost all of them allow you to triple melee efficiently. It should be even better now in ShB, given the numerous buffs and QoL adjustments that make downtime easier to manage or less damaging.

>hagakure only gives you 5 kenki per sen
NOT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASED
WHAT THE FUCK YOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Same.

By having the longest neck in the game.

I mean it's certainly viable, all I'm saying is someone will lose uptime at some point as a result of using triple melee
For example, off the top of my head, it's impossible for 3 melee and 2 tanks to all be hitting the boss during the part when the hammers come down in book phase in O3S

No second titan form?

They didn't want to make you actively press the big dick damage button less.

Just another phase of bullshit, that's it.

see

No, DRK is a flat nerf from what it used to be. Apparently no one knew how to play DRK and can't understand why it lost a huge majority of it's strengths in dps. The only thing upgraded was its mitigation but every tank received that. I guess what you meant to say is playing DRK now is EASIER but still nerfed.
>t. orange parsing DRK main since SB

But that's just his kart-riding pose. His model is extremely scaled down once loaded in as a proper bNPC.

you just cuck the offtank, user

>orange parsing
Is there a bigger redflag? I always kick orange parsers immediately because without fail they are insufferable asshats who aren't worth dealing with.

being literally any other color, you scrub

Attached: yikes.jpg (429x606, 42K)

>wanting pet jobs when SE has made it abundantly clear they cannot design them
Hope you enjoy it being a limited job if it gets implemented at all.

While I do agree with you user that some orange parsers that go out and gloat about how cool they are for being orange parsers are bad, it doesn't apply to everyone. I was only saying that to show that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to tank DPS. Also it's probably not a good idea to always kick people who are good at their job, unless they are actually being asshats.

please explain all this "parse"
here or in the other two threads

XI and XIV are not the same game. BST could work in a better designed game, not in XIV.

It basically means the damage per second you are doing in an entire fight.

can i check it somewhere ingame or do i need addons?

Google FFXIV ACT.

Green? I don't know what other color of mages are left at this point. Maybe a necromancer or something. Not sure what less mainstream caster jobs exist in FF that we don't already have, or at least have in part like AST has some time mage skills like its limit break.

thanks, looks like a too much of a hassle to set it up anyway

Attached: 1538761443951.gif (148x111, 261K)

When was the last good looking raid weapon?

I'm only talking about my experiences, which is 90% insufferable people.
And since I don't need orange parses to clear anything in this game, I'd rather not take my chances. So far it has worked out.

XIV is the worst FF
>Literally every dungeon is a hallway with ironclad linearity
>Literally every boss is just a dude in a circular arena
>Everything related to PvP is shit
>Open world zones are tiny, empty, have nothing going on, and are separated by loading screens
>Zero player choice in character building (stat/skill choice, talents, gear choice, etc)
>Gear is universally boring (No gear sets, no unique effects, etc)
>Classes are completely amateurish in their design (combos that only exist to be done in perfect sequence, two separate abilities like Demon SSlice > demon Slaughter that could be done with a single proc, etc)
>Boring questing with awful instancing, unlike TESO/GW2/etc with unique instanced zones only for questing
>Over-complicated crafting which is ultimately just as meaningless as WoW's because it only exists to make catch-up gear and consumables
>Shitty graphics looks worse than early PS3 games
>Barely any voice acting
>Worse than PS2 tier animation
>Constant dissonance between gameplay and narrative
>Extremely unpolished
>Shit just fades in or out on screen, no actual animation to make it feel like a believable world being interacted with
>Shit MMO hotbar "gameplay"
>Empty areas with nothing to do
>Tons of immersion and lore breaking, inconsistencies, retcons, asspulls and other generic shounen tier shit
>Nonsense lore and garbage forgetable characters that no one even knows the names of

XIV is trash and it needing 4 fucking expansions of backstory, lore, development etc just to lead to ShB just makes it worse. Not a single person who jumped straight to ShB has said its good, the only people shilling it pretending ShB is good are XIV fags who've been subbed to it for 6+ years and have stockholm syndrome for pouring 6 years of their life and money investment of hundreds of dollars into into it. Yoshida said you could jump right into ShB but NOPE, please pour 300 hours of your life into shit just to get to more shit.

Wow is shit too

Cope.