What game do you regret purchasing the most?

>decide to try story mode, get a fucking First Aid Kit song
>promptly uninstall
Fuck you, /k/. This game is shit.

Attached: tld.jpg (1914x1080, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xOBoG5kIvLE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unironically Yakuza 0, fuck that game.

Borderlands GOTY

Attached: 1507827077350.jpg (499x525, 90K)

The Division 2

especially because I hated the fucking first one. Fuck

Hob
Hob was real shitty
Not the worst game evar but seriously broken

Nier automata followed by bayonetta

>get a fucking First Aid Kit song
What does this even mean?
I thought the game was pretty fun.

>What does this even mean?
First Aid Kit is a shitty indie band.

bit redundant if you ask me

Soi of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2. All genuinely horrible

Every fighting game I’ve bought, not including smash

DOA5, I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from buying that game

just tried playing skyborn today, last time i buy an rpgmaker game

The crew 2, it's the definition of a soulless game

FF15 at launch

I didn't realize I was buying a fucking Beta for an AAA RPG that was worked on for 10 years

Lobotomy Corporation is boring, tedious, and stressful. Its not fun, its poorly translated, and it was too expensive. I'd rather just read SCP articles.

void bastards god damn that game is hot garbage. I thought they would add more mechanics or something, but it's the same repetitive shit over and over

nioh and a bunch of shitty indie games I bought on the switch because it has no games, like hollow knight

I have 700 hours on this game way before Story Mode came with a baby tutorial.

Just keep with it, user. It’s easy to learn but hard to master.

...why would you get the sequel to the game you hate
the industry is doomed, and people like you are the reason

I’m only realizing it now that you hate the game because of a song from a band that’s in it for the opening animations.

Virgin.

>get a fucking First Aid Kit song
What? Is there a jingle that plays when you pick up a first aid kit?

Attached: 1561214348085.jpg (600x699, 36K)

For Honor. Friend shilled it to me as a game to play together then he got a switch 2 weeks later and abandoned me for that. Im still fucking angry since it's shit otherwise and I've never touched it since

ARMS. I played it like 5 times and it sucked every time I tried it. What a shit game.

Attached: ezgif-4-6dd87b92e7.gif (329x326, 3.78M)

This game was never good.

Attached: 5823235-l.jpg (463x600, 63K)

Red Dead 2 doesn't deserve to be grouped with the other two imo. Good atmosphere, characters, writing and comfy rain.

this is my favourite game in the world
i got it on a hacked ps4 thinking it was a full game cuz i never read on games to avoid spoilers
absolutely loved everything about it
had drawers for different clothes meat on the fridge etc
then i finished the second chapter where the guy hits you or sth
by boner was tearing a hole in my pants i loved the game so much
and then its over
and then i read that 2/5 episodes are out
the 3rd one was like months away and that was last year i think
its still not out
then im depressed
now i hate this game

Attached: 1564456868331.jpg (250x180, 4K)

>Project Warlock
Terrible soundtrack
>American Truck Simulator
Too simple.
>Wizorb
Boring.
>Fallout 4
Not even mods can save this mess.
>Vanhelsing and Grimdawn
Too generic, unfun combat.

A game called Moonrise that was like a mobile pokemon ripoff MMO
It was such a terrible game that it shut down completely the same year it came out on steam
DayZ is also hot garbage

I can't narrow down one specific game I hated more than others but heres 5
>FFXV
>KH3
>Fallout New Vegas
>Skyrim
>Dishonored 2
I bought all those games at full price and none of them were worth it. Tyvia sucked as a setting, FFXV didn't feel like Final Fantasy, Skyrim was infinitely samey, Kingdom Hearts 3 felt like half of a game or an HD DS game port, and 3D Fallout has absolutely 0 incentive to play melee or craft anything with the 900 trash items you can find.

fallout 4, the bastard got me real good

Attached: todd howard armed.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Warhammer Total War, I have previously purchased every Total War before but after buying that trash heap i skipped the next one and just got Three Kingdoms which is vastly superior and I have no regrets about that one

Based retard

Metal Gear Survive as far as recent(ish) regrets go.

>hate the first one
>buy the second
pic related

Attached: 1553922572790.jpg (247x204, 11K)

Same but someone bought it for me and I felt bad for him. Absolute garbage franchise.

Nope. Its shit how everything is automated. Gathering wood, fishing, harvesting food from dead animals, cooking or starting fires. All just a click then wait while 15 minutes in game time goes by

Torchlight.
It was just fucking boring. No kinder way to put it. No idea what was going through the fanbase's mind when they compared it to Diablo, even at its worst Diablo has atmosphere and a sense of mystery.
Torchlight has really ugly art and text dumps. Glad that studio is dead.

>Metal Gear Survive
What were you expecting?

Some sort of escalation to the gameplay instead of it being the same thing the whole time. I had liked MGSV, and the gameplay I'd seen from Survive looked good. The lack of proper pacing just killed it for me.

But it's a fucking Metal Gear zombie game. Anyone with half a brain knew it would be shit from the first trailer. In conclusion, you have shit taste.

Yeah, okay because it's impossible to pace a zombie game well. Go be a faggot somewhere else.

Same I fucking hate borderlands, gameplay is shallow as fuck. Kill bullet sponge enemies with shit guns just to get more loot.

Why?

So you hate fallout nv because you don't think melee is very good?

first aid kit is dope

>t.

Attached: the long dark.png (866x812, 240K)

this one. because of MS i never got access to the full content

Attached: 1553693108207.jpg (605x848, 257K)

This fucking game got the game on the sale since I figured the spectacle of the graphics would be worth at least 7 bucks.

Why is Doom trying to be painkiller? What the fuck are these straight-line ass levels moving me from arena to arena? doesnt help that the enemies are retards who just walk not run straight at you just to get glory killed. Why the fuck are there ironsights? Does the pistol even do damage? How do you have a shotgun this shitty in doom? I accept that this game could never have been like the originals, but then why turn around and give me painkiller but at a COD pace.

And this glory kill bullshit. Holy fuck. Its like bethesda saw the DA2 "Press a button something awesome needs to happen" video and thought OH FUCK WE NEED TO HIRE THIS GUY. who thought this shit was a good idea. probably same guy who wanted a game based around spawn rooms. Literally PRESS A for an invincible cutscene kill that also heals you. And theres no limit to this, you can just constantly spam it and its great beause you can literally just spam melee and it will activate the glory kill before the melee attack is even finished. I'm currently playing on nightmare and its fucking annoying because theres no ammo and a scratch takes 90 life so im pretty much just running around mashing F for glory kills because the alternative is having no ammo and spamming f for glory kills.
cant believe i fell for some literal bethesda shills telling me this game was the shit. fucking call of duty with demon reskin fuck. If you went on to reddit dot com and asked someone who never played doom but heard about it to make a doom sequel he would make this game. this is doom for new vegas fans

Attached: doom.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

Compelling argument. What dont you like about them without using the word indie because indie is not a quality of music but rather of funding.

FFXV
lesson learned, will never pre order any SE games again

Metal Gear Survive was better than TPP. I dropped TPP right after mission 15. It took too long and didn't get good.
MGSurvive was short and sweet and at least had my attention enough for me to beat it.

So, every fighting game then? Why conttradict yourself in the same sentence?

That's funny. I liked MGSV a lot more than Survive. I think Survive was too easy. If they had made the zombies more threatening, I would have liked it a lot more.

hat in time
portal 2
resident evil 6
rocket league
killing floor 2
alan wake
gone home
there's probably more

KH3 and Days Gone made me full understand and approve piracy, first time I really felt assfucked with a stick.

Attached: t.jpg (640x640, 20K)

CoD: Advanced Warfare
Evolve
Mafia 3
Any PS4 exclusive except Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne

You BOUGHT Gone Home?
Are you clinically retarded?

>alan wake
You just have bad taste

>didn't get past the intro
lmao dude i bet you didn't even get into milton
for me its rocket league

Attached: 4123412155.jpg (720x900, 599K)

Yeah, and also terrible basic game research skills, to a point where I think he might be trolling.
Who would be dumb enough to buy Gone Home or Alan Wake in the first place?

Alan Wake is one of the best games ever made

i heard it was the goty and i don't look up spoilers for anything
you repeat the same thing for 12 hours it was boring as fuck
also i forgot a big one the evil within 2

Andromeda. I was so blinded by my infatuation with ME that I went out and bought it day one. What a disaster.

Anthem
Don't bully me.

X3

I regret being too smooth brained to fully comprehend and play it. Every few years I reinstall, this time, THIS time I will get it. I never do.

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Smash is a party game

>Alan Wake is one of the best games ever made
AHahahahahah jesus what the fuck is wrong with you?!

>i heard it was the goty and i don't look up spoilers for anything
You don't have to look up spoilers, just even them most basic overview will tell you that the game was a clear and cheap cashgrab... Well, I hope you've learned to do at least basic research since.

based

Next person to shit on Alan Wake isn't going to wake up tomorrow morning.
No suicide posters, please.

Attached: 1563479979049.jpg (750x747, 235K)

Fallout 76
Bought CD-Key for like 15$ months after the game was out, so at least I didn't get TODDED to the maximum.

Oblivion
Fallout 3 (can't believe I trusted Beth twice)
Elite: Dangerous

Witcher 3. Never came out on Linux.

Attached: d410942b-1b10-4275-a2a5-a1dd82413668..jpg (966x1024, 226K)

wait i thought pic related is a comfy title for neets should i abstain?

Its just that the third episode had been delayed into infinity
Instead of releasing it on time theyre releasing reduxes of the first two episodes

i thought it was endless open world. anything with similar atmosphere?

it is.
disregard the retards in this thread, the game is worth it for the survival mode alone

cool will check it out

same, absolute trash game

Kingdom Come

i was addicted to mods for a while but not to the same extent as f3, fnv, oblivion, skyrim. it's literally so shit even the mods can't save it

PUBG, nu-DOOM

Attached: that_sounds_really_boring.png (491x265, 227K)

This game was such a disappointment that I quit video games for 4-5 years.

>All these franchises evolving the medium with the jump to 3D like Mario and Zelda
>Others stumbling yet still trying like Mega Man and Castlevania
>Pay 90 fucking dollars for Kirby 64
>It's shorter, simpler and a hundred times worse than Dreamland 2 on the FUCKING GAMEBOY

Attached: H2x1_N64_Kirby64TheCrystalShards_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 200K)

i dont buy a game unless i really want it

I really enjoyed the new Doom for what it was, but I agree with you. I miss when Doom was a slower-paced shooter with horror elements, secrets, puzzles, etc. Doom 3 is the best Doom IMO.

WH40k Eternal Crusade. I preordered back when they advertised it as basically 'PlanetSide but Warhammer 40k'.

Then it became Space Marine with Vehicles (I liked Space Marine but still) on large maps with too few players. And it ran like absolute dogshit. I haven't backed or preordered a game since.

Attached: 1530150433622.png (299x250, 14K)

Brink.

Game was fucking shit and I bought it day 1 at full $60 price. But it taught me a valuable lesson, that just because a CGI trailer for a game is amazing does NOT mean the game will be amazing. I was like 14 or 15 and I ate that trailer up. Fuck it doesn't even look good to me now.

youtube.com/watch?v=xOBoG5kIvLE

Attached: Brink.jpg (220x277, 21K)

XCOM 2, what a disappointment that game ended up being. Not even Long War could fix it.

did you play doom 3 on your onions machine?

I think I just saw all the EPIC PARKOUR in the trailer and lost my shit. Oh to be young and dumb.

FFXIII was the most shit, but I only spent €20 on that.
I regret buying pic related a bit more, although it was kinda worth it just for the classic pro controller alone. Game was fucking dogshit though.

Attached: monster-hunter-tri-ultimate-hunter-wii-speak-limited-bundle.jpg (1039x700, 135K)

Kek

NIGGER SHIT

Attached: I will never understand FPS babbies.jpg (380x116, 9K)

I unironically liked css and played it for years dd2 surf zombies were my jam
I always hated csgo

the last of us (ps4 remaster since i didnt play the original)
fucking boring piece of shit movie

Attached: 1558010509554.jpg (350x376, 23K)

Bioshock infinity

>buying games
I cant regret free things

Attached: 2847724624.jpg (480x360, 12K)

it's boring, better to just watch the movie cut on youtube
even dear esther was more interesting

What game is this? Ive seen it before and was planning on getting it but the title escapes me

God if i watched this when i was 15 years old or so would have been so fucking hype, i would've probably begged my mom to get it for me day 1

D-david?!

>Overwatch
>Space Engineers
>Zero Gear
A few others would be included in this list if I wasn't able to refund it.

Attached: 1534129601148.jpg (997x808, 369K)

Far Cry 2

It's fun for the first 30 minutes.

>muh comfy
>muh writing
Yeah, I loved the time Arthur was unsure about doing some retarded thing Dutch decided to do but went along with it every single time regardless, that poor man who robbed, murdered, and killed his way through the game and got Tuberculosis from beating a man bad enough his TB finished him off all because he asked for money for charity once and prevented him from killing a man in a town and only giving him brain damage, he really didn't deserve any of it. John as well, the criminal who thought setting up a farm next to the town where his gang committed one of their most will known crimes in.

>Overwatch
boring as shit, went back to tf2
>ace combat assault horizon
I knew it was shit but it looked cool to me, ended getting bored after an hour

Spore
Dragon's Dogma
X3
Borderlands

>Dragon's Dogma
So many people have been burned by overzealous DD fanboys.

The Witcher 1 & 2. Fuck me those games are janky.

>bands are only good when they have Jew publishers
Good goyim

I can't remember since I look at reviews, metacritic scores, YouTube and Twitch videos before buying a game. With so much content available on a game these days, how do you fuck it up?

Titanfall, last game I bought a physical copy of. For 60 euro even as an impulse. Was in a foreign country and didn't play anything for a long time and wanted to keep me busy at night.

Game was total crap and I am happy Titanfall 2 failed too. Fuck them.

>Borderlands 2
Forced meme garbage with rehashed gameplay that was somehow WORSE than the first, yet didn't capture the same atmosphere.
>Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Terrible gameplay, bland story and dead multiplayer. It was trying to defeat arma at milsim and fell flat on its face
>Fallout 4
Bought it for my wife, played through it once as a die hard fallout fan. I could never finish the game again, its too fucking garbage, even with mods. We all know the issues, i don't need to spout them again.
>War Thunder
I spent 1000hrs and i don't know how many dollars. I got meme'd into it and now i'm in too deep.

New Vegas
FF XV
The Witcher 3
Fucking horrible excuses of ""RPG""

>never tried a Yakuza game before
>pirate 0
>too many fucking cutscenes and the game itself seems boring
Wow this is the exclusive soniqqas be bragging about

>buying 4 after the shitty Skyrim
lmao retard

Just watched a playthrough
>Intro is 10min long
>Those stiff animations in a 2015 game
>Lackluster everything
>A fucking karaoke minigame
Why the fuck would anyone play this shit??

Attached: 1303916742505.png (693x1081, 64K)

I think my 3 worst purchases were Homefront, Mirrors Edge 2, and ME: Andromeda. Lightly less so but Rage 2

Attached: EEE31647-A2DF-4FF9-AB4E-0D5499383CFF.jpg (563x651, 48K)

GTAV. My brother bought it for me while it was on sale to play multiplayer together. While not buying it myself, the fact R*ckstar got another couple of bucks is irritating for me.

I liked the song desu.

Brink was my favorite game from the moment I first played it. I loved every second of it and did not even know others hated it and were dropping it until I realized I was playing against the same few people over and over again. Then I looked it up and found out basically everyone hated it. I still don't know why people hated it.

Last of Us, I really liked it at first and the stances the studio took politically, what they think a video game is supposed to be, and the perverted things they've done with the characters since, just makes me kind of sick when I see it on my shelf.

This. It's the only game I've ever refunded.

>he really didn't deserve any of it
that's not at all what the writing is trying to convey
the main theme of red dead redemption is literally in the title. the question the story wants you to ask yourself if a terrible person who has done terrible things deserves a chance of redemption.
it's a very well written game and made me think when I played it, it's unfortunate that you are too retarded to appreciate it

The witcher 3 - overrated shit game

Starbound

did you reach the 2nd map?I played it long ago but i remember that the end game zones were hard as fuck because zombies weren't punching bags anymore

Journey. had to play it high to get through it.

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Killzone: Shadow Fall

I can. I still regret the bandwidth and time spent downloading Chronicles of Pern: Dragonriders. I don't think a buggier game exists. Far beyond Sonic 06 levels, like multiple softlocks every level, and even a couple places where the game would corrupt/wipe your save. It's practically impossible to finish without a guide. And even the guides people gave up, at the time I played it the first walkthrough was 1-3/5ths, the second was 2-4/5ths, and the third was 4-5/5ths, the first two explicitly stating they gave up because it just wasn't worth it. I finished the game, but god damn they were right. Not worth it at all.

Attached: f7d.jpg (650x469, 44K)

Attached: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (300x360, 64K)

>"indie" bands don't have jew publishers
good goy

this boring, bland, utterly braindead piece of shit game and its painfully bad uninspired soundtrack, even with the orchestral mod it is fucking terrible

what a piece of shit; what made me realize without a doubt the game is babyshit is the fact that DSP enjoys it

Attached: dragon quest XI.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

this
also spotify and soundcloud are jewish publishers so keep that in mind before arguing

Battlefield 5. Waited to get it on sale because of all the backlash/bugs/lack of content.

Spent 10 bucks. Still disappointed beyond belief.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the most disappointing game I ever bought and I preordered Mass Effect: Andromeda

Dont play the story mode. I thought it was alright and pretty comfy when you played the free survival mode.

You know they havent improved in the least if their excuse for buying it was "everyone kept telling me how a walking sim was the best thing that came out that year, so i bought it"

Dragonball fighterz

Holy shit, kill yourself.
nuDoom was exactly the kind of game I'd never expect the "AAA" industry to ever make again. It's far, far better than Doom, and it has no right to be.

>Doom 3 is the best Doom IMO
Congrats, you have the shittiest opinion on the entire internet.

>Mirror's Edge with MP!
>it's actually just CoD with vaulting and sliding
FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT
Last time I ever bought a game at launch.

Fallout New Vegas
Overwatch
Rust
PUBG
Elder Scroll Online

Dunno, games dont seem fun anymore.

Try playing good ones

You've got to stop buying garbage, user.
Here are some suggestions to bring back fun to your life:
>Intrusion 2
>Jamestown
>Hydorah
>Spelunky
>Worlds
>Zineth
>Arcane Dimensions

If you need AAA, at least go for some that are a bit unique, such as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or Prey.

Completely agree user

Yes

Alan Wake is a great game

Tim???